SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant Reviews

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant 7
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly personalized ceremony

We had quite a bit of trouble finding an officiant as both my husband and I were picky about who we wanted officiating our ceremony. We had interviewed several officiants before I stumbled upon Jeff's profile on here and knew he had to be our officiant. I could tell from his profile that he customized his ceremonies to fit the couple and had a wonderful sense of humor. Jeff did a amazing job tailoring our ceremony to fit our style and through our phone calls with him, he gathered information to make our ceremony personal and unique to us. We are so happy that Jeff was our officiant and received many compliments from our guests on how wonderful a job he did. He went above and beyond preparing us for our ceremony and made sure the ceremony was exactly how we wanted it. We highly recommend Jeff to any couples looking for an officiant!

Sent on 10/30/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Kylie and Zack, what fun it was to get to know you, work with you to plan the ceremony, and then lead it for you on your big day! What you shared with me made it possible for your ceremony to have both humor and the real substance of your relationship! Thanks again for inviting me to serve you and all your guests, and these kind words!

Allison · Married on 10/20/2018

More than just an officiant!! Highly recommend!!

My husband and I can't say enough great things about Jeff! From the time we began working with him to the wedding day, he was incredibly helpful, honest, sincere, and so reliable!!! As we were planning a destination wedding, we flew to California to coordinate wedding details months before our wedding; because Jeff was aware of our upcoming travel at the time, he invited us to his home for one of our pre-marital counseling sessions with him. Only having previously FaceTimed with us a handful of times, it was such a kind gesture to open his home to us. We were so appreciative of all the time Jeff spent to get to know us and truly understand us as a couple. We're so glad we found him! We HIGHLY recommend going through pre-marital counseling with Jeff if you choose him to be your officiant! The first time we spoke to him, he made us feel at ease and confident he would fulfill all of our requests during the planning process and during the day-of! After having spoken to several other officiants in the area, we could tell Jeff was undoubtedly going to be the perfect fit for us. I could go on and on about the incredible customer service Jeff provides, but the neatest part about the entire process was that we truly connected with him beyond that of typical "vendor" relationships! When I say every bride & groom should hire Jeff, I mean it!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Allison and Michael, I'm so glad you're happy! We had the opportunity for unhurried planning and counseling, so your forethought and intentionality made it easy for me to serve you well and with joy! Thanks for the kind words and we will definitely remain in touch in the coming years!
  • Tyler

Tyler Trenkle · Married on 10/14/2018

One of the least stressful parts of planning our wedding!

Jeff is incredibly friendly, professional, and experienced. He not only delivers a beautiful ceremony but also has lots of tips to help you get the best pictures possible or just to help things run more smoothly. Of all the stressful decisions you may need to make or vendors you need to deal with Jeff made things as easy and painless as you could ever ask for!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant 8

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Tyler and Sydney, I'm so glad that while planning one of the most important days of your lives, and on that day itself, I was able to reduce the stress and anxiety for you! It was a pleasure to provide your premarital counseling, and I'm excited for your future together! We'll remain in touch!

Laura · Married on 06/02/2018

Your Officiant is one of the most important people you have at your wedding, and he or she needs to be able to make the couple happy and provide a memorable ceremony, and Jeff does exactly that! He is hyper organized, which is really helpful when planning a wedding is chaotic enough. He is able to hold an audience's attention and provides a very personalized ceremony that I will never forget! He really get to know you before the big day in order to provide an amazing ceremony. My friends and family all said that it was such an amazing ceremony and that Jeff made it very memorable. He also makes you feel very at ease at the alter because he provides ques so that you're not worrying about remembering what comes next. If you're writing your own vows he provides a printed version so that you don't have to fully memorize them. You really can't go wrong with him!!!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant 16
    SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant 17
    SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant 18

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Laura, your wedding with David was SO fun and I loved getting to know you and your story together, and then lead the celebration of your official "I do's!" Thanks for the kind words and inviting me to be part of your love story with David!

Roxanna · Married on 05/18/2018

At first when looking for an officiant online I thought it was going to be too hard to find someone that fit perfectly with the type of person we were looking for. Someone who made us comfortable, made us laugh and most importantly, someone who brought God into our ceremony. Thankfully my mom found Rev. Jeff Saville and immediately sent me his information. From start to finish Jeff has been there for us to plan and rehearse the perfect ceremony. He gave us way more than what we could ever expect and we are so thankful that he married us. Jeff even gave us all the information in order to change my last name! If you are looking for someone who will exceed your expectations from start to finish, Reverend Jeff Saville is your guy! Thank you, Jeff. We are eternally grateful!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant 19

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Roxanna and Jeff, thanks so much for the kind words! You were so enthusiastic and didn't even appear nervous! It was a really great day and Falkner Winery in Temecula was a great choice for you! (Falkner always does a great job!) Thank you for the privilege of leading your ceremony! Many blessings to both of you!

Michelle-Ann · Married on 03/14/2018

Jeff Saville served as the Pastor for our wedding and he was amazing from start to finish. He was easy to contact and responded in a timely manner. We met him in his home where he provided an overview of what to expect on the wedding day, discussed extra ceremonies we wanted to include (coin, veil/cord, and sand), and marriage counseling. The practice we had in his home and during rehearsal made it very easy and stress free during the actual ceremony. He even provided tips on how to get great photo opportunities for the photographer. He was a pleasure to work with and made this experience easy!

Sent on 05/08/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Michelle-Ann, your wedding with Marvin was unique with your specially-designed veil and cord, coin, and sand ceremonies! And all at a unique and fun location! Many thanks to both of you for allowing me to serve you on your special day, and thank you for the kind words. Many blessings! Jeff (Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville)

Ashton · Married on 11/14/2017

Jeff was wonderful. We planned our wedding from across the country, and we were able to hold our first meeting via facetime. He clearly explained everything to us in detail and allowed us to customize what we wanted in the ceremony. Overall, he did a great job and I would recommend him to any couple getting married out in Cali.

Sent on 12/07/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Ashton, thanks for the kind review--it was so much fun to finally meet you and Andre in person and lead your joyful ceremony! What a great evening at Wiens Family Cellars! Many blessings! Jeff

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

Jeff is absolutely heaven sent. His professionalism and passion is what makes him standout from the rest. We appreciated his flexibility and willingness to accommodate our situation through entire process. We are blessed to be united under God by this incredible ordained minister and will cherish our special day always.

Rachel · Married on 09/29/2017

Jeff was absolutely wonderful. He was very professional and attentive to detail. My grandpa was a Christian minister, and has been gone for many years . I know he would have been so proud of his service that he did for my ceremony. Jeff got to know us well especially since my now husband and I are from Minnesota.

Aireesha · Married on 09/09/2017

Jeff officiated our 09/9/17 wedding in Fallbrook, CA.

Our initial interaction took place in his home where he had us bring a worksheet we completed that asked us about the qualities we love in our future spouse. We then shared these with each other and Jeff and the tears were flowing! He used our personal stories and worksheet we completed as notes to help him write a meaningful ceremony. Jeff is extremely organized and we received a detailed "blueprint" of our ceremony that we approved with him. It really put us at ease on the day of the wedding because we knew exactly what we were going to say, how we were going to stand, the order of our entrance etc.

The day of our wedding, Jeff was so reassuring and kind, which helped with the nervousness. His attention to detail was absolutely perfect - he knew exactly where to stand so as to let our photographer have the best shot of our first kiss! He also would make subtle hints towards us so we knew exactly what to do next without it taking away from our wedding. It rained on our wedding day and many guests told us afterward that Jeff was very positive and kind and told the guests that the rain was a blessing from God! We appreciated hearing that from our guests because I think it kept their spirits high during what would normally be a worrisome time in the rain!

After the wedding, Jeff graciously mailed our wedding certificate out to the city. This was such a big help as we left for our honeymoon a few days later and probably wouldn't have had the time to do it ourselves.

We recommend Jeff to any Christian couple who wants to have a beautiful scripture filled ceremony that will be meaningful for everyone in attendance. Thanks so much, Jeff!!!!

• AndyJ

Vanessa · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I chose Jeff Saville to perform our wedding ceremony and we are so glad that we did. Our experience started with an introductory consultation in Jeff’s home. Jeff is very personable and we were very comfortable meeting with him in his home. He gave us a great overview of the way he typically conducts his ceremony and we went over some details about our relationship that would be incorporated into the ceremony. My husband and I also chose to participate in pre-martial counseling sessions with Jeff and I highly recommend this. It is worth the additional cost. Jeff does a great job in encouraging couples to talk to each other and initiate topics that every couple should probably discuss sooner rather than later. Jeff facilitated our wedding rehearsal and everybody was clear in what they needed to do; and more importantly, he performed fabulously at our ceremony as well! He’s good at keeping guests engaged and making guests laugh ? I did not see any bored faces in the audience, and we got multiple compliments from wedding guests regarding how beautiful and entertaining our ceremony was. Jeff has a great personality and sense of humor! If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t consider hiring anybody else. If you hire Jeff, you will absolutely not regret it!

Vanessa · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I chose Jeff to perform our wedding ceremony and we are so glad that we did. Our experience started with an introductory consultation in Jeff’s home. Jeff is very personable and we were very comfortable meeting with him in his home. He gave us a great overview of the way he typically conducts his ceremony and we went over some details about our relationship that would be incorporated into the ceremony. My husband and I also chose to participate in pre-martial counseling sessions with Jeff and I highly recommend this. It is worth the additional cost. Jeff does a great job in encouraging couples to talk to each other and initiate topics that every couple should probably discuss sooner rather than later. Jeff facilitated our wedding rehearsal and everybody was clear in what they needed to do; and more importantly, he performed fabulously at our ceremony as well! He’s good at keeping guests engaged and making guests laugh :) I did not see any bored faces in the audience, and we got multiple compliments from wedding guests regarding how beautiful and entertaining our ceremony was. Jeff has a great personality and sense of humor! If I had to do it over again, I wouldn’t consider hiring anybody else. If you hire Jeff, you will absolutely not regret it!

Armeda · Married on 07/23/2017

Professional, thorough, took command!

We hired Jeff Saville to perform our wedding ceremony 7/23/17. Prior to our wedding day, he had invited us
    over to his home. First he sat down with us and got to know us and we also got to know his background.
    He already had a draft ceremony written up prior to our visit so we discussed the details and then we went
    through a mock ceremony. He guided us through every detail.

We selected a combination of standard and self-written vows. He had gave us some documents to help in the writing
    of our vows. After we each emailed our vows to him, he proof-read and made a few suggestions.

The day of our wedding the venue coordinator did not show up due to illness and since we came from out-of-state most
    of our wedding party was not able to be at the rehearsal 2 days prior. But Jeff came to the rescue and took charge.
    He lined everyone up (military style, LOL) and gave them detailed direction on the ceremony.

During our ceremony, he was very professional and added a little humor. He read some beautiful passages from the
    Bible. He also guided us through our vows and provided our self-written vows on parchment paper for us to read
    and have as a keepsake.

After the ceremony, he was very detailed on getting the marriage certificate signed correctly and immediately so
    that he could mail it in to be filed.

Our wedding ceremony went beautifully. We highly recommend Jeff Saville for your wedding! website https://www.socalchristianweddings.com/

Thank you Jeff!

P.S. I'm glad we did have to wear the shorts after all. LOL

Erin · Married on 07/22/2017

We hired Jeff for our pastor and we were really impressed with how professional he was. His wife was our wedding coordinator and his son helped with the music for our wedding. Everything went really smooth thanks to him and his family. I highly reccomend him to anyone. Our wedding was absolutely amazing!! Thank you Jeff!!

Danielle · Married on 07/17/2017

Jeff was extremely awesome to work with! He married my husband and I on a Monday evening, and was kind of enough to stay late and take pictures for us as well. He made us feel comfortable, on a day we were both extremely nervous! Jeff filled out all the paperwork right after the ceremony, which was great because we would've been too anxious to do it right! (Haha) He just told us where to sign, and took care of the rest! Overall, it was a nice experience and we're grateful that he married us and made it a special day to remember.

Matt & Amy · Married on 07/15/2017

Jeff was incredibly helpful and passionate helping me and my new wife understand the true meaning of what it is to be married. We were invited to his home in Temecula, CA where he went out of his way to make us feel comfortable while trying to get to know us before our wedding date. We dove deeper into to our relationship and Jeff helped me and my wife really understand why we LOVE one another. It was a emotional yet very moving and special moment we shared and I would highly recommend using Jeff's service because he is the real deal when it comes to marriage and helping you understand why marriage is important. We completed a moc ceremony and had such a great understanding of how Jeff wanted to complete the ceremony. There were no surprises and everything he did was organized and well thought out. We feel Jeff led our ceremony perfectly and he was very professional and welcoming with all of our guests who attended. We give Jeff 5 STARS across the board!

Dan · Married on 06/25/2017

Our experience with Pastor Jeff Saville was simply perfect. He and his wife Rebecca were unbelievably helpful, professional, and sensitive to our needs. From the moment we started communicating with him during the planning stages, all the way through the ceremony and beyond, Jeff was right there, attentive and completely involved. We are beyond grateful for his help in making this experience one of the most memorable of our lives.

Maureen · Married on 06/24/2017

I went on wedding wire.com to find an officiant for our upcoming wedding. Reverend Jeff immediately responded by calling me. He was very enthusiastic and willing to help. His fee for the ceremony and the rehearsal was more than reasonable. He came to our home to meet us and to run through the ceremony. He even gave us a choice as to what we would like him to wear while officiating. On the day of the wedding, he arrived an hour before to be sure that everything was in place and to review the ceremony with us. He was very professional and the service was beautiful thanks to him. Jeff even stayed after to greet some of our guests. I would definitely recommend him.

Josie · Married on 06/23/2017

I really enjoyed Jeff as our officiant. We didn't pay him directly, we went through a wedding coordinator that set him up for us took care of the charges. We had a very small, intimate wedding overlooking the ocean in La Jolla. It was a simple, no fuss wedding so I didn't know what to expect as far as Jeff's services, but he contacted us prior to the wedding and sent a lot of detailed information and requested us to do some homework as well. We went back and forth a little via email before our meeting to make sure all of our ducks were in a row and he offered a meeting in his home in Temecula, but we chose instead to meet over the internet. Both my husband (well he is now thanks to Jeff!) and I were present for the online meeting and Jeff spent a lot of time going over all of the details of what to expect and what we will be doing throughout the ceremony. With all of his preliminary work, I felt confident that we were well prepared for the big day. On the day of, he was early as promised and made all of our guests feel welcome. He thought of everything and leads you through the all of details during the ceremony in case you are nervous. The outcome is a well-versed, coordinated, thoughtful, ceremony. Not only did my husband and I enjoy all of Jeff's planning and details, but many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed his commentary. They especially loved the part where he talks about our personal connections (remember to do your homework!) and that although religion played a role in our ceremony, it was not overbearing at all. I would definitely recommend Jeff as an officiant for your upcoming nuptials- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Josie and Andy, thanks for the kind review! It truly was a pleasure to lead your ceremony, not just because it was on the beautiful cliffs above the La Jolla Shore, but because of your very compelling love story you shared with me. Thanks for allowing me the privilege of serving you and your guests! Jeff

Steve · Married on 06/04/2017

Jeff was great! He had the perfect combo of friendly and Godly. He was the answer to prayer for our situation!! He was wise and practical and made our special day unique, and fun. His premarital counseling was also helpful and enlightening.

Amber · Married on 05/12/2017

He provided a wonderful personalized presentation of our love for one another throughout our ceremony. Our guests absolutely loved him.

Kathleen · Married on 04/21/2017

Dr. Saville is amazing! My wedding went perfectly because of him. He knew exactly what he was doing and my guests even commented about how my officiant kept their attention the entire time. He made our day so special and I highly recommend him. Look no further. Book with him today!!!

Sent on 07/15/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Kathleen and Tyler, what a great day at Wilson Creek Winery for you, and thanks for inviting me to be a part of it by leading your wedding--it was a privilege! Congratulations on your new life together!

Steve · Married on 01/18/2017

We hit the lottery when Pastor Jeffrey Saville was recommended to us! Second-to-none as far as we're concerned! Driven by suddenness of my wife's mother's end-stage cancer diagnosis in Hong Kong, we cancelled our future Hawaii wedding plans and sought a virtually immediate very small Christian wedding. Six days after initial contact with Pastor Jeff we were married in a small historic Chapel with 17 guests plus Pastor and us (a tad more than our initial thought of a total of four including a witness) . Turned out a very lovely, so beautiful and deeply spiritual ceremony - far, far beyond our wildest imaginings! (Five days later we were on a non-stop flight to Hong Kong, certified marriage license in-hand!) Compliments of our ceremony abounded immediately after and then during our reception (itself a virtual "Love-in" it seemed; a continuation and expansion of the Love and Spirit that so permeated our wedding in the Chapel). Noteworthy were the remarks and enthusiasm of several of our long-time Catholic friends effusively praising Pastor Jeff's officiating of the entire ceremony; most notably his words on "marriage" and "love," the readings having been received by all far more profoundly thereby (especially 1 CORINTHIANS 13:4-8)! In short, we believe our remarkable, amazing marriage could never have been were it not for Pastor Jeffrey Saville's inspired direction and officiating at every turn! Heartfelt thanks, Pastor Jeff! May others be so fortunate!

Sent on 02/02/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Steve and Angela, what a wonderful day it was, and I was so glad to be a part of it, and helping create a lifelong memory on the day you began life as a married couple. Thank for inviting me to serve you and for the nice review!

John · Married on 12/22/2016

My fiancée and I were looking for an ordained minister who could marry us on a short notice. After researching, praying, and looking at reviews, we decided on Jeff. Jeff was exceptional! Since our first contact, he was very prompt, thorough, and professional. We scheduled an appointment to meet at his home, and he provided us with a great and comfortable environment to discuss our ceremony. It was evident that he was visibly passionate and knowledgeable about what he does. He delivered a customized ceremony that included portions that were written in Spanish to accommodate our guests. After the ceremony, our guests praised Jeff for providing a memorable and concise ceremony which accurately portrayed our love for one another. My new wife and I truly enjoyed our wedding and we couldn't be any happier with the service you provided. Thanks again Jeff for officiating our wedding!