SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant Reviews

59 Reviews for SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant

• Mike

Mike Vari · Getting married on 06/10/2022

One Very Happy Couple! Excellent Service 5 Stars

Jeff did an outstanding job. We found SoCal Christian Weddings last minute, and looking back we wouldn't have had it any other way. Jeff is highly experienced, and delivers a service that is nothing short of professional. He is patient, kind, and goes above and beyond. We got exactly what we wanted, a Christian officiant that delivered a faith based message, all the while having a happy celebratory ceremony that our guests loved also. Thank You Jeff!!

Sent on 11/11/2020
  • Vicky

Vicky Chan · Getting married on 08/15/2021

Extremely flexible and understanding during the pandemic

We booked Jeff two years out, so we had a lot of time to plan our wedding. He provided us a detailed walk through how the ceremony will be 2 years prior to the wedding day and follow up and checked in with us throughout our planning process via phone and email. He offered different options based on your preference starting from the way he comes dressed to the details and options of the vows. Come 2020, everything that was planned 2 years ago pretty much went out the window due to the corona virus. Jeff reached out to update us on the current situation. We decided to get married on our original date so we scrambled to plan our last minute mini ceremony. Jeff was extremely helpful and adjust everything on his end up until the day of the ceremony due to the uncertainty of everything. We were able to safely get married on our original planned date. Jeff exceeded all our expectations and handled the pandemic really well. Thank you Jeff for making our mini wedding ceremony so memorable during the pandemic. We can’t wait to see you again next year for the big celebration.

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Brendan

Brendan M Callahan · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville is awesome!

Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville was the perfect person to lead our ceremony. He had a virtual meeting with us months in advance, where we were able to rehearse the ceremony in the living room. His suggestions for location worked out beautifully, he scheduled us on the day we chose, and he was very accommodating with whatever changes we made along the way. Very detail orientated, personable, and highly professional. Not to mention the abundance of information on his website which even cover what to do after the big day. Rev. Jeff was at the location an hour early, coached every one on what to do, and even worked with the photographer to allow for just the right picture taking moments. We highly recommend Rev. Saville! Our wedding couldn't have turned out as wonderful as it did if it weren't for him.

Sent on 10/21/2020

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Brendan, your thoughtful review is deeply appreciated! I am so happy for you and Sylvia and how everything turned out! Since you gave me permission to post a photo of the three of us on Facebook, I did and it received more likes than almost any other wedding photo. Once again, thanks and many blessings! Jeff (Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville)

Samantha Del Toro · Getting married on 01/08/2021

My husband and I would 100% recommend Jeff!!!

Jeff is amazing! He is very flexible, organized, and thoughtful. He always answered any questions or concerns we had right away. He helped us practice before the ceremony started and made sure the set up was presentable and beautiful, which was at his home. He was very welcoming when we arrived there and even brought out champagne for us at the end of the ceremony! Additionally, he used his great photography skills and took some beautiful pictures of me and my husband. Overall, Jeff was very caring, supportive, professional, and had a great personality. We really appreciate everything he did to make our day even more special!

Sent on 08/25/2020

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Samantha, I really enjoyed getting to serve you and Raymond for your wedding! I'm so glad everything came together and I really wanted to make it as special for you as I could given the tight time schedule you had--and we did it! Many blessings to you and Raymond for a long life together! And welcome to the Marine Corps! Jeff
  • Bree

Bree · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing experience

Due to the Covid-19 our wedding was canceled but of course my Fiancé and still wanted to get married and now with a baby on the way even more so! Pastor Jeff went well than above and beyond for us. He searched for hours looking at public parks, beaches, just about anywhere we could possibly have a very tiny short ceremony. He even offered his home if we weren't able to find a place. Luckily by the grace of God and Pastor Jeff's dedication in helping we found a place!!! Finding Pastor Jeff has been such a blessing! Now I can happily say I will be marrying my best friend and the love of my life this weekend!! Thank you Pastor Jeff!

Sent on 05/21/2020
  • Andrea

Andrea Parungao · Married on 10/04/2020

Best Officiant!

Rev Jeff made our wedding personalized and a memorable one. He responded quickly with all our inquiries and provide detailed information on our "to do's" before and after the " I do" (ie. applying for marriage license, wedding diagrams, obtaining our marriage license and name changes) . The first time we met with him was through zoom, we felt really comfortable speaking with him, he made time to get to know us as a couple. we knew he is the one! We also did an in person meeting for a mini rehearsal, including a relationship reflection which was a meaningful experience for us as a couple. When he knew that I did not have a wedding coordinator, he volunteered to help conduct our wedding rehearsal. He is very professional and punctual. He made sure the whole wedding entourage is informed on their specific roles which made our wedding ceremony run smoothly and like what we've imagine it to be. He is also very flexible- our first venue cancelled on us due to covid restrictions so we had to move to a farther location and he made an effort to do a longer drive to officiate our wedding. He always go above and beyond in what he does, highly recommended for any couples who plan on getting married especially in this covid times!

Sent on 10/19/2020

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Andrea, you are so sweet to provide this review! I am so glad that even though you had to switch venues, you found a magnificent place (Hotel Del Coronado) and everything turned out so well! It was a beautiful day and I am so happy for you and Ryan! Many blessings, Jeff (Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville)

Cory Pierson · Married on 09/24/2020

Very experienced

Jeff helped us throughout the wedding process. He paid our how we will walk down the aisle and gave us suggestions on what might make our wedding special. He really helped on the day of the wedding when some people were disorganized. Helped get great photos and make the day truly special.

Sent on 11/11/2020

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Cory, your wedding was a great day and I was glad to be a part of it! Thanks for the kind words--many blessings to you and Whitney!

Joel Treseder · Married on 09/04/2020

Amazing and fun

I couldn’t recommend having your wedding done by anyone else. He is very helpful with any questions you may have. He helped us find a stunning location and helped us understand the process and how everything would be conducted. We had so much a Fun and he was very professional about anything and everything. If you are looking for someone to help you with your wedding I would highly recommend you go with him he will make sure your big day goes how you want it to

Sent on 09/09/2020

Suzette Reyes · Married on 09/28/2019

Best Reverend EVER!!!!!!!!!

Rev. Jeff Saville was seriously Amazing!!! He was always on time and was extremely helpful with everything we needed from start to finish! He was very organized and helped us stay on track. He made every step very easy and understandable. We got so many compliments after the wedding from our guest! They loved Jeff! I most definitely recommend him to every bride out there!!! He’s such a great man and we are so blessed to have found him!!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 07/21/2019

Jeff is awesome!!

He’s very detail oriented & we loved that. We sat down with Jeff for like 4 hours in his living room going over everything for the wedding...& a little bit of football too lol. It was great to vibe with him! We walked away knowing we hired the right officiant for our ceremony. And just as we expected, he WAS the perfect officiant for our wedding. Thank you Jeff!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Chelsea · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful and very helpful!

He made our wedding day stress-free. He was very professional and helpful. He shows compassion and patience at all times. He was part of what made our wedding a dream.

Sent on 07/30/2019

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Chelsea and Joey, your day really WAS a dream and thanks for choosing me to be a part of it! I've enjoyed seeing your many photos on Facebook of the ceremony and you celebrating at your reception! Thank you for the kind words--Many blessings! Jeff

McKennah Arbuckle · Married on 06/28/2019

Excellent! Could not have asked for anyone better.

Jeff was an excellent officiant! He is very organized and will answer any and all of your questions to put your mind at ease going into the big day. He has been doing this for many years! We loved his military background and could not have picked a better officiant for our special day! Thanks Jeff!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Nathan

Nathan Mckitrick · Married on 05/30/2019

The Perfect Fit

A month before our wedding, we still did not have an officiant. As panicked and desperate as we were to find someone, we still wanted to be sure that we chose the right person for our special day. From my first contact with Jeff, I knew he was the right fit. I could see that he was very experienced and truly passionate about what he does. He was extremely thorough during every step of the process, even with our short timeline. He took special care to ensure that our ceremony was memorable and one-of-a-kind, including not only God's Word, but also words that my bride and I used to describe our love for one another. I highly recommend Jeff and the services he provides. I could not be happier with how everything turned out on our wedding day. Thanks, Jeff! - The McKitricks

Sent on 07/07/2019

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Nathan, thank you for your very generous review. It was so much fun to get to know you and Victoria! I too felt we were a great fit and it truly was a joy to lead your ceremony and meet your families. Many blessings to the two of you in your new life as a married couple, and enjoy the next few years in Hawaii! Many blessings, Jeff
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 04/07/2019

Couldn't Have Chosen Anyone Better

Jeff is so fantastic to work with. He is extremely organized and responsive. He barely charges anything, yet in return, will give you so much of his time. He makes himself available whenever you need him and his quality of service is above and beyond. Jeff made the most important part of our wedding completely stress free and beautiful. We knew we could rely on him. He was always on time and followed through, including submitting our marriage license. He'll even wear what you want him to wear! Go with Jeff. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/29/2019

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Annie, you are so sweet! It was such a joy to lead the ceremony for you and Chris, at a beautiful venue like Serendipity Gardens. Thank you so much for your kind words. I know we will stay in touch--I enjoyed seeing your happy honeymoon pics on Facebook. Many blessings to you and Chris! Jeff
  • Justin

Justin · Married on 03/30/2019

Jeff should be part of your wedding dream team of experts (vendors)

My (now) wife and I worked with Jeff on premarital counseling, and also had him lead our ceremony. Jeff didn't just show up to read a script, he was the leader of the flow and logistics of the entire ceremony piece of our day. If you can imagine how hectic the day could be, this alone is priceless!

He also truly invested in getting to know us, and preparing us for what the ceremony would be like. Before the day, it seemed a little silly, but when the day came, remembering his tips for where to stand, how to stand, and other little suggestions not only resulted in better photo opportunities, but also let me relax as much as I could while up in front of about 145 of our family and friends (something I wasn't looking forward to). He was professional at all stages, punctual, flexible, friendly, funny, helpful, and I could go on and on. If you are looking for a key member of your "dream team" then look no further than Jeff! You will absolutely be glad you did! Thank you, Jeff!!!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2019

Jeff truly cares about you and should be a part of your special day!

I found Jeff on Weddingwire and really liked his passion in uniting Christian couples, and others seemed to value his work as well. Knowing he has worked with couples who got married at the Mission Inn (where we got married) I felt even more confident he was familiar with our venue.

My husband reached out to him and he got back to him within less than and hour. My husband and I met with Jeff and instantly connected with Jeff. We decidee to work with Jeff on premarital counseling, and also had him lead our ceremony. Jeff truly took the time to get to know us the 6 months leading up to our ceremony. He wrote a custom ceremony speech that we loved and was personal and gave us options and ideas of certain prayers, vows, and bible verses to include as part of our ceremony.

As part of preparation for our ceremony, Jeff went over logistics of what the ceremony was going to be like from how we stand, hold hands, to where we pose when up at the alter or down the aisle for certain pictures, which seemed common sense, but day off, it helped us so much what to do and be more relaxed knowing how crazy and nerve racking day it was. We did get some amazing pictures with his tip!! ;)

Jeff was professional throughout our wedding planning process. He was friendly, understanding, flexible, and punctual. I highly recommend Jeff to be a part or your "A-team", he will exceed your expectations!! Thank you, Jeff!

Sent on 08/17/2019

David Buenaventura · Married on 01/12/2019

Professional and Organized!

We hired Jeff for our Wedding Ceremony aboard MCRD San Diego on Jan 12 and he was absolutely the best! Being a retired Navy Chaplain he had no problem getting on base and he was extremely organized. His preparation, attention to detail, and devotion to our ceremony ensured that we ran on time with no hiccups. We're so glad we went with SoCal Christian Weddings, his price, professionalism, and service were top notch and we recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Myrissa

Myrissa · Married on 10/27/2018

Pleasant and very straight forward

Jeff did a fantastic job!

He is military which means everything is very methodical and planned out down to the smallest detail. All the details do make a difference of the out come of your wedding ceremony, it’s the most important part! So you want it to go smooth.

Since then we have been to other weddings and realized those details he made a fuss about really set our wedding apart from the others!

We were unable to meet up with Jeff due to my husbands work schedule but Jeff made time for us to FaceTime and practice ahead of time which made things a lot easier for us.

He helped us draft our vows and honestly thank god for that. It was too the point and no one was falling asleep during our vows or any part of our ceremony, most everyone was captivated the whole way through.

After our wedding guests were complimenting his unique touch of explaining “The 3 different types of love”. A few of our guests said they felt inspired to renew their vows after attending our Wedding!

Aside for accidentally calling me Melissa instead of Myrissa ;-) haha! I know If I had to do it all over again there’s no one else I would entrust with our special day than Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville!

Thank you Jeff you’re the man!
    - The Stevens

Sent on 07/25/2019

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Myrissa, thanks for your very kind words! Your day with Evan was super special, and it was my privilege to help each of you with writing your personalized promises. Sorry for mispronouncing your name once of out about twenty times...I think my tongue got a little tied that once as Melissa instead Myrissa...but when everyone giggled, we knew everyone was listening very closely even 3/4 through the ceremony--we kept every guest's attention all the way through! Again, it was a joy to lead your ceremony and I wish you all the best! Very Sincerely, Jeff
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly personalized ceremony

We had quite a bit of trouble finding an officiant as both my husband and I were picky about who we wanted officiating our ceremony. We had interviewed several officiants before I stumbled upon Jeff's profile on here and knew he had to be our officiant. I could tell from his profile that he customized his ceremonies to fit the couple and had a wonderful sense of humor. Jeff did a amazing job tailoring our ceremony to fit our style and through our phone calls with him, he gathered information to make our ceremony personal and unique to us. We are so happy that Jeff was our officiant and received many compliments from our guests on how wonderful a job he did. He went above and beyond preparing us for our ceremony and made sure the ceremony was exactly how we wanted it. We highly recommend Jeff to any couples looking for an officiant!

Sent on 10/30/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Kylie and Zack, what fun it was to get to know you, work with you to plan the ceremony, and then lead it for you on your big day! What you shared with me made it possible for your ceremony to have both humor and the real substance of your relationship! Thanks again for inviting me to serve you and all your guests, and these kind words!

Allison · Married on 10/20/2018

More than just an officiant!! Highly recommend!!

My husband and I can't say enough great things about Jeff! From the time we began working with him to the wedding day, he was incredibly helpful, honest, sincere, and so reliable!!! As we were planning a destination wedding, we flew to California to coordinate wedding details months before our wedding; because Jeff was aware of our upcoming travel at the time, he invited us to his home for one of our pre-marital counseling sessions with him. Only having previously FaceTimed with us a handful of times, it was such a kind gesture to open his home to us. We were so appreciative of all the time Jeff spent to get to know us and truly understand us as a couple. We're so glad we found him! We HIGHLY recommend going through pre-marital counseling with Jeff if you choose him to be your officiant! The first time we spoke to him, he made us feel at ease and confident he would fulfill all of our requests during the planning process and during the day-of! After having spoken to several other officiants in the area, we could tell Jeff was undoubtedly going to be the perfect fit for us. I could go on and on about the incredible customer service Jeff provides, but the neatest part about the entire process was that we truly connected with him beyond that of typical "vendor" relationships! When I say every bride & groom should hire Jeff, I mean it!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Allison and Michael, I'm so glad you're happy! We had the opportunity for unhurried planning and counseling, so your forethought and intentionality made it easy for me to serve you well and with joy! Thanks for the kind words and we will definitely remain in touch in the coming years!
  • Tyler

Tyler Trenkle · Married on 10/14/2018

One of the least stressful parts of planning our wedding!

Jeff is incredibly friendly, professional, and experienced. He not only delivers a beautiful ceremony but also has lots of tips to help you get the best pictures possible or just to help things run more smoothly. Of all the stressful decisions you may need to make or vendors you need to deal with Jeff made things as easy and painless as you could ever ask for!

Sent on 11/01/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Tyler and Sydney, I'm so glad that while planning one of the most important days of your lives, and on that day itself, I was able to reduce the stress and anxiety for you! It was a pleasure to provide your premarital counseling, and I'm excited for your future together! We'll remain in touch!

Laura · Married on 06/02/2018

Your Officiant is one of the most important people you have at your wedding, and he or she needs to be able to make the couple happy and provide a memorable ceremony, and Jeff does exactly that! He is hyper organized, which is really helpful when planning a wedding is chaotic enough. He is able to hold an audience's attention and provides a very personalized ceremony that I will never forget! He really get to know you before the big day in order to provide an amazing ceremony. My friends and family all said that it was such an amazing ceremony and that Jeff made it very memorable. He also makes you feel very at ease at the alter because he provides ques so that you're not worrying about remembering what comes next. If you're writing your own vows he provides a printed version so that you don't have to fully memorize them. You really can't go wrong with him!!!

Sent on 07/12/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Laura, your wedding with David was SO fun and I loved getting to know you and your story together, and then lead the celebration of your official "I do's!" Thanks for the kind words and inviting me to be part of your love story with David!

Roxanna · Married on 05/18/2018

At first when looking for an officiant online I thought it was going to be too hard to find someone that fit perfectly with the type of person we were looking for. Someone who made us comfortable, made us laugh and most importantly, someone who brought God into our ceremony. Thankfully my mom found Rev. Jeff Saville and immediately sent me his information. From start to finish Jeff has been there for us to plan and rehearse the perfect ceremony. He gave us way more than what we could ever expect and we are so thankful that he married us. Jeff even gave us all the information in order to change my last name! If you are looking for someone who will exceed your expectations from start to finish, Reverend Jeff Saville is your guy! Thank you, Jeff. We are eternally grateful!

Sent on 06/12/2018

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Roxanna and Jeff, thanks so much for the kind words! You were so enthusiastic and didn't even appear nervous! It was a really great day and Falkner Winery in Temecula was a great choice for you! (Falkner always does a great job!) Thank you for the privilege of leading your ceremony! Many blessings to both of you!

Michelle-Ann · Married on 03/14/2018

Jeff Saville served as the Pastor for our wedding and he was amazing from start to finish. He was easy to contact and responded in a timely manner. We met him in his home where he provided an overview of what to expect on the wedding day, discussed extra ceremonies we wanted to include (coin, veil/cord, and sand), and marriage counseling. The practice we had in his home and during rehearsal made it very easy and stress free during the actual ceremony. He even provided tips on how to get great photo opportunities for the photographer. He was a pleasure to work with and made this experience easy!

Sent on 05/08/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Michelle-Ann, your wedding with Marvin was unique with your specially-designed veil and cord, coin, and sand ceremonies! And all at a unique and fun location! Many thanks to both of you for allowing me to serve you on your special day, and thank you for the kind words. Many blessings! Jeff (Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville)

Ashton · Married on 11/14/2017

Jeff was wonderful. We planned our wedding from across the country, and we were able to hold our first meeting via facetime. He clearly explained everything to us in detail and allowed us to customize what we wanted in the ceremony. Overall, he did a great job and I would recommend him to any couple getting married out in Cali.

Sent on 12/07/2017

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Ashton, thanks for the kind review--it was so much fun to finally meet you and Andre in person and lead your joyful ceremony! What a great evening at Wiens Family Cellars! Many blessings! Jeff