SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Luann S. Married on 06/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dr. Jeff Saville was perfect!

We got married on June 1, 2022 on Coronado Island. We wanted a very simple Christian ceremony and Dr. Jeff delivered. As we were planning our wedding long distance, Dr. Jeff made a point of getting to know us through phone calls, emails and texts. He was so knowledgeable and helpful with all phases of the planning. We whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Jeff!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Luann, what a kind review! It was an honor to serve you and Walt, and to get to know your family--the grandchildren were all so sweet and your grandson did a great job of walking you in and greeting you. It was a great day and I was glad to celebrate with you. Many blessings for a lifetime of married happiness! Jeff
    Jonathan T. Married on 05/29/2022

Jeff Is A Gem!

We are so glad we found Jeff to do our wedding ceremony. Our wedding ceremony went super smooth. As soon as I(the groom) met Jeff on the wedding day he made me feel relaxed and calm. We went over the whole ceremony again and during the ceremony he whispered little cues to help me along. I had people in my family who don’t attend church comment about how much they loved the words that Jeff spoke during the ceremony and how they felt uplifted!
    Jeff, my fiancé and I zoom called for over two hours before the ceremony and we were impressed that he took the amount of time that was needed to sort everything out so we could have the perfect ceremony. You can tell right away that Jeff loves what he does and that he is confident also. This makes you feel confident also on your big day.
    Jeff made our personalized promises so special and even added a little humor which made both of our families laugh. Jeff is seriously a gem! Best pastor you can get. We are so glad you did our wedding Jeff it couldn't have been more perfect. We loved that the focus was on God and my family told me they felt Gods presence during the ceremony.

FIVE STARS!!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Jon, thanks so much! You and Monica are a wonderful couple and it was my privilege to help make your day special! All the best to you for a lifetime of married happiness! Jeff
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Jason S. Married on 05/06/2022

Excellent Officiant

We hired Jeff to lead our counseling and our wedding ceremony and we are so glad we did! All of our guests raved about how well led our ceremony was! We would recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Jason, it truly was a pleasure to serve you and Hannah both for your relational coaching and the ceremony! Many blessings to you both for a lifelong and joyous marriage! Jeff
  • Tracy
    Tracy M. Married on 05/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Customizable yet structured and reliable

We really enjoyed working with Jeff as our officiant but also in the months leading up to our wedding for our pre-marital counseling. I loved that Jeff laid out his process to us at the beginning before we even agreed to work together, and was very clear on costs and services - without any surprises. His approach to building our ceremony was unique and customizable, but was structured enough so we didn't start from scratch. He takes the time to do a walk-through of the ceremony with you and prepare any parents or wedding party on their roles ahead of the ceremony so there were no awkward or unexpected moments. Overall, we were very happy to have worked with him for both our wedding and counseling sessions!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Tracy, thanks for the kind words, it was a great privilege and pleasure to serve you and Sean through the optional premarital counseling and for your ceremony! It was a great day and I enjoyed meeting your family as well. All the best for a happy lifetime together! Jeff
    Gnn Married on 05/01/2022

5 Stars Well Deserved

Too Long Didn’t Read: Jeff will take care of you. He will provide great customer service, prepare you, guide you on the day of, and follow up with next steps after it is all said and done. He is worth every penny that we spent and is a genuinely caring soul that people will be thankful beyond words to have an opportunity to work with.

Summary:
    Jeff was such a blessing from the initial introduction, through the ceremony, and in the days that followed to ensure that we took care of what needed to get done.

Jeff bleeds customer service through and through, this is evident through how he structured his interactions and the services offered.

He met with us on MULTIPLE occasions both in person as well as on zoom when our schedules didn’t allow for much flexibility. He helped propose a multitude of different options for our ceremony ranging from super structured/ religious, to more modern and personal. He also helped with the writing of the vows (and even gave a wedding gift in the form of having them printed on a beautiful piece of parchment paper).

Special shout-out: JEFF INVITED US TO HIS HOUSE to perform the ceremony and set expectations so that everything on the big day went picture perfect. THE MAN INVITED US TO HIS HOME. Can you believe that? In todays day and age, where it’s so much easier to set a zoom call or just hand out a piece of paper with instructions. He took the time to do this and ease our nerves.

His house is beautiful, his family is beautiful, I don’t have enough good things to say about him.

All of this is useless however unless he delivers on the big day. Fortunately, he did, he led the ceremony amazingly. He was so professional and courteous.

MY ONLY WARNING: Jeff can be a bit long winded. He talks a lot but fortunately it’s only because he actually cares about you and your experience. This is not evident in the actual ceremony (as it is very scripted and custom tailored to your liking) but more so during zoom calls / in person meetings. In spite of this, I would still highly recommend and it is not enough to reduce my overall perfect score.
    Lauren L. Married on 04/29/2022

Jeff saved our wedding

Jeff saved the day! Our wedding date was set for April 29th, 2022 and, initially, a family member was our officiant. However, 3 months before our date, she informed us that she was no longer able to do it….we were so stressed out about finding an officiant that quickly. And then my husband found Jeff. We loved that he is a veteran, has a doctorate in theology, is married with children, and a good looking man (great for being in our wedding pictures).
    Jeff is personable, professional, attentive, detailed, and organized. He first set up a zoom meeting with us so we could make sure we were a good fit and go over what we envisioned for our ceremony. Then, he emailed us a word document that outlined the details of the ceremony (word-for-word) and different options to choose from. He also helped us develop our Personal Promises to one another. Lastly, he invited us to his home about a month before the wedding to practice our ceremony. He gave us tips on how to stand and hold our hands so our photographer could get the best photos.
    The day of our wedding, the ceremony went flawlessly. Jeff is a great speaker. Guests asked us if we knew him personally because of how Jeff spoke about us. And even after the ceremony, Jeff emailed us a receipt of our mailed marriage certificate and detailed the steps we needed to take to obtain our marriage license and change my name. We couldn’t be happier with our choice to have Jeff officiate our wedding. Thank you Jeff!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Lauren, thanks so much for the very kind words! It was such a privilege to lead the ceremony for you and Travis, and I enjoyed chatting with your parents afterward. Many blessings to you for a lifetime of married happiness! Jeff
    Beau B. Married on 04/23/2022

Excellent and professional.

Jeff is extremely thorough and dedicated to his customers.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Thanks Beau, it was a pleasure serving you and Romina on your very special day at Thornton Winery! Many blessings, Jeff
    Nathan R. Married on 03/17/2022

Wonderful Experience with Jeff

Jeff was incredible to work with. My wife and I did not know much about the process, but Jeff was extremely caring and helpful in walking us through everything. He was responsive and easy to get a hold of whenever we had any concerns. Jeff scheduled a zoom session before our ceremony where he walked us through everything and prepared us for the ceremony. The ceremony itself went smoothly, and Jeff did a wonderful job facilitating everything. Overall Jeff was kind, caring, and professional, and it was a pleasure to work with him.
    Elizabet Married on 02/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10/10 Would Highly Recommend!! Very Happy!!!!

My experience with Jeff exceeded all expectations!! It was really important for me to incorporate God into my wedding ceremony & Jeff made my wish come true! Through the scriptures he read, the advice he offered, and the amazing ceremony he lead, he made my wedding very meaningful & special. I couldn’t have asked for anything more! He really took care of us and I am so grateful & honored to have met him. With all the little details involved in planning even a small ceremony, Jeff was the one part of our day that was stress free. We knew we could rely on him, he was always there for us when we needed him! He was very professional and lead the ceremony with joy. He offered a lot of extras that we found to be really helpful including helping us plan, helping us write our personal promises, printing them on parchment paper for us, gifting is a souvenir certificate, and sending us ceremony photos! He’s not just an amazing Officiant, he’s a wonderful person!!! Very easy to talk to, very kind, very helpful and a blessing to anyone who meets him! Thank you, Rev. Jeff!
  • Sara
    Sara H. Married on 01/06/2022

Wedding Officiant

From our first interaction with Jeff, we instantly knew he was the one who was going to marry us on our special day. His thoroughness, professionalism & kindness throughout the whole process was consistent and way better than we could ever imagine. Jeff took the time to call us before we even reserved the date to map out what our day would look like and coach us through the importance of the ceremony. We ended up meeting at his home a week later so he could get to know us and go over in detail about what each part of the ceremony would look like - he even taught me how to hold my bouquet and put my husband’s ring on for the perfect photo and so much more. The days leading up to the ceremony, we were truly excited knowing Jeff had our backs and we trusted he would guide us the whole way. My husband and I were both nervous recks until we saw Jeff walk in the venue. I wasn’t nervous at all once Jeff began the ceremony and the little cues he whispered to us were perfect! The ceremony was AMAZING, all thanks to Jeff. We really believe he genuinely cares about us and we are so lucky we found him.
  • Joyce
    Joyce J. Married on 12/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Just what we wanted in a Christian officiant

Rev Dr Jeff was absolutely wonderful. From the first phone call, I could tell that he would focus our ceremony on Christ. The zoom call lasted hours so that we all felt we had plNned every step of the ceremony. This made planning a wedding from out of state very easy.
    The ceremony had several glitches like our outdoor wedding suddenly being moved indoors due to extreme weather, but Jeff was flexible and helped things run smoothly. When I was walking to the table for the wine blending ceremony, I accidentally stepped right over top of a candle on the floor and Jeff leaped into action preventing my dress from catching fire! I can’t say enough good things about our experience.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Joyce, your ceremony in the barrel room on Leoness Winery surrounded by more than 50 candles was breathtakingly beautiful! I'm glad I saw your dress hang over the candles so I could intervene and prevent it from catching on fire! That was a first! Thanks for the kind words and selecting my service! All the best, Jeff
  • Ashley
    Ashley L. Married on 11/22/2021

Great Wedding Officiant!

Jeff was a great pick for our San Marcos wedding in November 2021 and is highly recommended for anyone looking for an officiant who is detail-oriented, easy to work with, and passionate about creating a personalized wedding experience. His communication was timely and thorough from start to finish and his well-established process allowed for each aspect of our ceremony to be customized according to our preferences, including formal vows, scriptures, ring exchange vows, and optional blending ceremony. He also took time to learn our story during his consultation and incorporated our own written words of reflection on the relationship into his sermon. On the day of, he ensured that all documentation was in order prior to the ceremony and delivered a well-rehearsed and enthusiastic service. Jeff truly pays attention to the small details and ensures his clients are set up for success when it comes to acquiring a marriage certificate, following cues during the ceremony, positioning for the best photos, and creating a ceremony that brings out the unique nature of each relationship.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Ashley, it was such a pleasure to get to know you and Rex and then serve you on your special day! Really appreciate your kind words! All the best to both of you for a lifetime of married happiness! Jeff
  • Katelynn
    Katelynn C. Married on 11/13/2021

Jeff is amazing!

Jeff is an amazing officiant! He is very professional but personable. He helped make sure our ceremony was perfect, flawless and stress free for us. He got to know my husband and myself and made our ceremony very personalized to us. We received numerous compliments on how great our ceremony was and how well it flowed. He is very quick to respond to all questions and set my mind at ease. I would not change a thing about my Ceremony because of Jeff. 100 percent recommend him, you will not regret it!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Katelynn, it was such a joy to serve you and Chris for your wedding! Everything went so smoothly and it was a beautiful day! Thank you for the kind words, and many blessings for lifelong married happiness! Jeff
    Joelle G. Married on 10/30/2021

Professional and wonderful

Jeff was a pleasure to work with. Everything was very detailed and made the process easy. He takes the time to meet prior to the wedding and really get to know the bride and groom with a customized ceremony based on the couple house spent together talking about your love for one another as well as mini rehearsal at his home to make you feel more confident. You have the choice of what he wears to your wedding which is awesome cause it’s really catered to what the bride and groom want. Any questions and concerns we had along the way even with rescheduling due to COVID, Jeff handled professionally and promptly. Overall we had an amazing experience.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Joelle, it was such a pleasure to serve you and Brenden, thanks for the very kind words! All the best to you for a lifetime of married happiness! Jeff
    Kris Married on 09/12/2021

Pastor Jeff... AMAZING!

If you are Christian and you are looking to reign in your wedding the "Proper" way... then Pastor Jeff is who you need. He was an actual Navy Chaplin for 25+ years and has the spiritual gravitas to help bring the Christian heat of the Holy Spirit. A Wedding and vows are to be taken seriously with the presence of God, so you need a man of God to help usher in the proper blessings. Pastor Jeff will help with that. I would STRONGLY suggest that you do the package that gets details of who each of you are... You may be thinking to yourself, "Is the extra package even worth it???" TRUST ME... It should be REQUIRED. You'll be thanking yourself that you did. He delivers context to your relationship for everyone to know the "Why" and it is delivered with humor, kindness, respect and reverence. Don't go cheap... Just do it. Hindsight is 20/20. We are glad we put in the extra cash. Plus it is reasonable.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Kris, thank you for the very kind words! It was a pleasure to meet and serve you and Jamily! I really appreciate the very positive review. I wish you all the best in the future! Blessings, Jeff
  • Vicky
    Vicky C. Married on 08/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Extremely flexible and understanding during the pandemic

We booked Jeff two years out, so we had a lot of time to plan our wedding. He provided us a detailed walk through how the ceremony will be 2 years prior to the wedding day and follow up and checked in with us throughout our planning process via phone and email. He offered different options based on your preference starting from the way he comes dressed to the details and options of the vows. Come 2020, everything that was planned 2 years ago pretty much went out the window due to the corona virus. Jeff reached out to update us on the current situation. We decided to get married on our original date so we scrambled to plan our last minute mini ceremony. Jeff was extremely helpful and adjust everything on his end up until the day of the ceremony due to the uncertainty of everything. We were able to safely get married on our original planned date. Jeff exceeded all our expectations and handled the pandemic really well. Thank you Jeff for making our mini wedding ceremony so memorable during the pandemic. We can’t wait to see you again next year for the big celebration.
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 06/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jeff made our wedding planning process a breeze!

I could not speak more highly of Jeff. During the planning process he was very responsive and sent very detailed and thorough emails explaining how he typically structures wedding ceremonies and gives you the option to make it best suit you and your future spouse. He is VERY organized and professional, yet is very personable and really takes the time to get to know each couple. He also gives you an opportunity to rehearse your ceremony in the weeks leading up to the wedding. This was especially great, because it helped shake some of the nerves and work through any confusion before the actual ceremony.

My husband and I got married a few weeks ago and we received so many compliments about how beautifully our ceremony was conducted and how incredible of an officiant Jeff was. If you're looking for an AMAZING officiant to help create the wedding of your dreams, look no further!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Amber and Craig, so glad to finally celebrate with you after a COVID delay...your day turned out so well (even thought it was warm) and all your guests seemed to have such a great time rejoicing with you! Thank you for the kind words, we will certainly keep in touch! Best, Jeff
  • Yamilette
    Yamilette Q. Married on 05/15/2021

Jeff is great!

What a blessing it was to have found Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville. He truly was amazing he is so professional, punctual, helpful and organized. The whole process of working with him was very easy, we did a mini rehearsal prior to the wedding and that was so helpful and helped us get a better understanding as to what to expect the day of. It was also great to have gotten little refreshers right before the ceremony, it helped me feel more confident. And the ceremony was just beautiful, my family kept asking me for his information and telling me how much they loved how he led the ceremony.
    I would 100% recommend Jeff if you are looking for a wedding officiant!
    Thank you so much again for everything!
    Amanda S. Married on 05/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Blessed to have found him

Jeff was not only a very good communicator, but he was also a great coach when lines were forgotten due to nervousness. He was flexible with our zoom meetings for rehearsal and he also responded in late hours. Jeff was puctual and knew what he was doing the whole time. He helped through the legal process, even helped me through the process of changing my last name. Thank you Jeff!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Amanda, May 14 was a great day for you and George at Temecula Creek Cottages! Thanks for the very kind words! I count it a privilege to have served you on your wedding day, and I was happy to include some Spanish elements into the ceremony so your family/guests could follow along. Congratulations on your new life together with George! Jeff
  • Brendan
    Brendan C. Married on 05/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville is awesome!

Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville was the perfect person to lead our ceremony. He had a virtual meeting with us months in advance, where we were able to rehearse the ceremony in the living room. His suggestions for location worked out beautifully, he scheduled us on the day we chose, and he was very accommodating with whatever changes we made along the way. Very detail orientated, personable, and highly professional. Not to mention the abundance of information on his website which even cover what to do after the big day. Rev. Jeff was at the location an hour early, coached every one on what to do, and even worked with the photographer to allow for just the right picture taking moments. We highly recommend Rev. Saville! Our wedding couldn't have turned out as wonderful as it did if it weren't for him.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Brendan, your thoughtful review is deeply appreciated! I am so happy for you and Sylvia and how everything turned out! Since you gave me permission to post a photo of the three of us on Facebook, I did and it received more likes than almost any other wedding photo. Once again, thanks and many blessings! Jeff (Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville)
  • Matt
    Matt Married on 04/03/2021

Couldn't be happier

Everything about working with Jeff from start to finish was fantastic. We couldn't have asked or hoped for anything better. His instruction leading up to during, and even post wedding are thoroughly detailed and gave us direction, he worked with our wedding party and family members to coordinate, led a magical ceremony, sent us pictures and mailed our license the very next day. My wife and I are Christians who are looking for a local faith community but currently dont have one and we found SO much value in Jeff's history and experience in ministry, and understanding and teaching the bible. We also got along like old friends after just a few conversations. A true professional through-and-through. We would recommend Jeff to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Matt and Taryn, thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to get to know you both and meet your family as well. March 4 2021 will always be a great day in your lives and it was a privilege for me to be a part of it and to serve you. Many blessings to you for many, many happy years together! Jeff
  • Esther
    Esther S. Married on 03/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Organized, Professional, Overall a Great Fit!

In my attempt at finding a Christian Pastor to official my wedding and conduct pre-marital relationship coaching, I stumbled upon Jeff. He offered exactly what I was looking for! He was flexible as our schedules were a little hectic and our wedding date was pending, and he was always on time and prompt for coaching and for the wedding itself.

From the coaching which gave my now husband and I great tools to strengthen our relationship, to his leadership of the ceremony, Jeff was professional and trustworthy. As busy as my wedding day was, I knew I did not have to worry about the ceremony itself as Jeff took charge and made sure we were all prepped beforehand and knew what to do. I would definitely recommend Jeff!!

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Esther and Daniel, thank you for the gracious words! It was a joy for me to meet you both, lead your relationship coaching (premarital counseling), and then conduct your ceremony! I know how much you wanted your faith to be included in the ceremony and I am so glad I could help you highlight your common commitment to God in your wedding. Many blessings for all the years ahead! Jeff
  • Benjamin
    Benjamin K. Married on 02/28/2021

Jeff is Amazing!

Jeff was amazing before, during and after our wedding! He was available on very short notice due to us rescheduling for Covid. He spent sever hours beforehand getting to know us and walking us through an "impromptu" ceremony to make sure we had all of our questions answered. He assisted in us refining our personalized vows, printed them out for us to put in picture frames and handled our marriage license end to end. He honestly deserves ten stars if I could give them out! He arrived early to our venue and walked us through everything one last time to relieve the last minute jitters, He made everything so easy and wonderful that all I had to focus on was my beautiful bride. Our family and friends loved him as well! If you want a true professional, do not pass up hiring Jeff! Thank you again The Rev. Dr. Jeff Saville

SoCal Christian Weddings Officiant's reply:

Hi Ben, I'm so glad everything turned out so well for your and Lilly's wedding at Galway Downs, and so grateful for your gracious review. Feb 28 was such a great day and I count it a privilege to have been a part of it and to have met you both. Many blessings to you for lifelong love! Jeff
  • Sandra
    Sandra M. Married on 01/28/2021

Jeff's the BEST!

Jeff is extremely thorough and a true professional. Our ceremony went very smoothly and without a hitch! I would highly recommend him!!!
illustration stars