Snowbasin Resort Reviews

Snowbasin Resort 4
Snowbasin Resort 5
Snowbasin Resort 6

Dana Benigni · Married on 09/06/2018

The perfect wedding venue!

I loved everything about my wedding at Snowbasin! We had a small wedding with a dinner after, and everything was Perfect. The room was beautiful, we took pictures outside and they turned out amazing with the mountain as the back drop, the food was delicious, and the service was outstanding! I worked with Carrie Lindsay to plan the event and she made everything fun and easy! We had some special dietary requests for dinner-vegetarian and gluten free, and the chef made sure to meet our needs. Snowbasin really made my wedding day Perfect and I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Kay · Married on 06/30/2018

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. My then fiance and I were hunting for forever for a venue that would be a fit for both of us. I wanted something elegant and timeless, he wanted something outdoorsy and mountainesque. We're both from out of state, but when he first saw Snowbasin, he knew that it would be perfect. He told me all about it and I got so excited just from the Facetime, that we booked it. Fast forward I was finally able to visit and its an absolute dream. Think mountain lodge meets Beauty and the Beast. Its just an absolutely magical venue that is cozy and warm and inviting, but also so refined. The views are unbeatable and the location is so easy. And this is all just the venue itself!

We worked with Kimberly and we cannot say enough about her. She is such a calm and knowledgeable professional. She impressed myself, my husband, and both of our families so much, and every single time I spoke with her on the phone, I felt immediately better about everything. We did our tasting with her and she was so accommodating, and she was so patient with me when the meal choices and numbers changed a thousand times. She is, without a doubt, Snowbasin's best asset for sure!

The food was also incredible at the event. The tasting was amazing, but everyone was telling me afterwards that the food was absolutely outstanding, and most of my guests were so impressed by the service. We decided to have the hors d'oeurves buttled at cocktail hour, and guests kept saying to me all night that the people were so kind and gracious with world-class service!

All in all, this venue is a dream to be in, a dream to work with, and a dream to visit. I can't recommend them strongly enough! Keep it up Snowbasin, you're killing it!

Snowbasin Resort 7
    Snowbasin Resort 8
    Snowbasin Resort 9
    Snowbasin Resort 10

Kelli · Married on 05/19/2018

I could talk all day about how amazing our experience was at Snowbasin Resort! My (now) husband and I knew we wanted to get married at a ski resort but we needed to do our research to find the one that was most cost efficient for us. We met with Kimberly, the wedding coordinator here, and knew this was the place we would get married. Kimberly is so kind, responsive, and easy-going. I was one of those brides who stressed very easily but Kimberly totally put me at ease knowing her and her HUGE team would take care of every little detail on the day of....and they did just that. Our family members and friends mentioned over and over how smoothly everything ran and it was truly because of all of the amazing staff members. The venue was beautiful, the employees were friendly, the service was spectacular, and the food was amazing. If you love the mountains and want the perfect place to get married, look no further :)

Erin · Married on 06/24/2017

We just got married at Snowbasin Resort and cannot rave about it enough. Our entire experience, from touring before choosing the venue, to working with Kimberly Miller for several months up to the event itself, the chefs, the bar manager, and the entire staff was positive. They went out of their way to accommodate and work with us, and they were extremely responsive and easy to work with. They introduced themselves at every event and made themselves available for any request. We had an Indian/American fusion wedding, and it could not have been more awesome. Everything from taking a gondola ride to the rehearsal dinner at Needles Lodge to the Hindu/Indian wedding ceremony and reception at Earl's Lodge was flawless and we felt so welcome. The food was delicious- we had all vegetarian food with an Italian menu for the rehearsal dinner and an Indian menu for the reception, and both meals were savory and delicious with equally delectable desserts. The entire weekend at Snowbasin was magical, and our guests absolutely loved it- many people commented on how this was the most beautiful venue for a wedding they had ever seen. Couple that with an amazing staff and personnel, and it was our dream wedding.

Carla · Married on 03/16/2017

Kimberly Miller is a fantastic planner to work with!! She is so responsive and timely! She has wonderful ideas and even provided a specialized option for our smaller wedding party to help us off set the cost of a resort wedding. I would highly recommend working with her!!! Wonderful service!!

Kaitryn · Married on 09/26/2015

First of all, Kimberly is an AWESOME person to work with! She is the event coordinator at Snowbasin. She is there for every step of the process, from touring and booking the venue, to the tasting, catering, and making the day-of timeline. I would have my wedding at Snowbasin all over again just because her services are worth every penny. She is very sensitive to budget and even last-minute bridal anxiety! She was very understanding when we had a few guests cancel days before the wedding. Thanks, Kimberly!

Stefani was an awesome day-of coordinator. She was very professional and kept an eye on the clock and our timeline. She made sure every aspect of the day went smoothly. Thanks, Stefani! The rest of the catering staff were attentive and friendly as well.

The venue itself is like a dream. It is so breathtakingly beautiful. My guests were so impressed, especially the ones from Ohio! I am so glad I chose Snowbasin for my wedding venue.

Samantha · Married on 09/12/2015

Snowbasin made our wedding day over the top amazing. Not only is the setting spectacular, but the staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and wonderful. We had 150 people fly in from all over the country to share one of our favorite places and they were all so impressed and amazed at how beautiful the lodges and scenery are. Now they understand why we moved to Utah! We looked at so many venues and chose Snowbasin because they were reasonably priced and their facilities and services were way above anything else we looked at in Park City and in Colorado. We had the best day ever thanks to Snowbasin and their amazing staff and we can't thank them enough!!

From the moment we set foot at the base of Snowbasin, we knew we had found something very special. The first mountain we discovered together, it instantly became our favorite mountain to ski in the whole country. We made a trip out there every Spring for about 3-4 years, and each year I would pick up a wedding brochure "just in case."

When my (now) husband proposed to me in June 2014, I reached out to Kimberly to get an idea of what kind of wedding we could put together. Her first email back to me gave me more confidence and inspiration than the few back and forth emails I'd had with other vendors in the Vermont area (we're East Coasters, and we got engaged in Northern Vermont). It was clear that we would easily be able to craft each aspect of our dream wedding together, with the help and guidance of someone that knew and cared. Our ceremony took place at the top of the mountain, outside on the Needles Patio on a lovely late March afternoon. After the ceremony, Bride & Groom (and about 10 other guests) skied down the mountain to meet guests for the reception in Earl's Lodge.

From the start, Kimberly was great at laying down all the possible options that would fit within our vision and budget, and then let us pick and choose from there. She was always on top of everything, and very forthcoming when certain changes needed to be taken in consideration (depending on the mountain's operation hours, or the condition of the trails in late March, etc.).

Day-of, Lori was absolutely exceptional. I would only see her peek her head once in a while to make sure everything was going smoothly or if anything was needed. She was very proactive when there were certain delays, and always had a plan ready to execute before coming over to me or my bridesmaids. The rest of the staff was equally amazing, always there at the right time yet never intrusive in any way whatsoever.

Snowbasin truly made our dream wedding come true, and for that we are eternally grateful!

Snowbasin was a dream-wedding venue. Our guests were blow away by the natural beauty of the mountains and loved the gondola ride between Earl's Lodge and Needles! The Snowbasin event team worked so well with my wedding coordinator, it was completely seamless. I felt like the entire staff was focused on throwing us a fabulous wedding and could not have been more supportive. Planning with them was also a breeze. They were very responsive and flexible. The food was amazing - they even made some Indian dishes and put on the requested ice cream sundae bar! Our guests were also very impressed by the top-shelf bar and well-trained bartenders.

Thanks to Snowbasin, our wedding was a memorable and special event!

Danielle · Married on 12/14/2012

THANK YOU SnowBasin for helping to make our wedding such an amazing and memorable event. The location was amazing, the service was outstanding. We are so happy we chose to get married at SnowBasin and working with your wedding coordinator, Kimberly, was such a pleasure. She made everything so easy and was so sweet and professional. I would highly recommend using your venue to anyone else whether it be for a wedding or family reunion or whatever. SnowBasin is the greatest.

Julie · Married on 06/04/2017

Our daughter had her wedding at Snowbasin earlier this month (June, 2017) and it was beyond anything we could have imagined. Kimberly did a great job of answering our questions and helping planning to remain stress-free throughout our planning process. She was also very flexible and always had an attitude of willingness to do whatever it takes to make sure we were satisfied. I appreciated the fact that she was never pushy with trying to up-sell us on anything and she helped us to try to stay within our planned budget.

The food served was of the highest quality and beautifully presented. We used the cake vendor that Snowbasin partners with and were very pleased with the cake. She was able to create the look my daughter had requested and worked with our florist to make sure it was decorated in the way that she wanted.

I especially appreciated the convenience of having everything onsite and not having to worry about renting things like tables, chairs, linens, serving pieces, glasses, etc. from outside vendors. My daughter was able to choose her colors for table linens and napkins, etc. They also set up whatever additional tables we requested (things like gift table, photo table, etc.) at no additional cost.

There were several instances in particular where Kimberly (and the entire management team) went well over and above what was expected to make sure that our event was extraordinary. She put in extra effort to get approval on last minute special requests and the end result was our daughter and new son-in-law experiencing the wedding of their dreams. We received so many comments from guests about how it was the best wedding they have ever attended. We couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of our experience and highly recommend Snowbasin as a wedding venue.

Riley · Married on 01/30/2016

They were very accommodating, the food was amazing and they were very reasonably priced (especially for a ski resort)! Beautiful venue! I can't recommend them enough. Only down side is that there is no hotel there.

Amy · Married on 07/21/2018

The Snowbasin venue exceeded our expectations regarding the beauty inside and out for our daughter's wedding. She and her husband were married at Needles Lodge. The uniqueness of riding the gondola to access the lodge was very desirable and Needles Lodge itself is most beautiful. The views from Needles Lodge of the mountains and valley is breath taking. The ceremony was on the Needles patio outside, followed by the reception inside. All of the staff was courteous, professional, kind and helpful. This venue offers catering and bar services as well as the opportunity to coordinate DJ services and Lahna's Chocolates. The chef was very accommodating and was able to prepare gluten free and vegan/vegetarian options for our guests who had dietary restrictions. Having a venue that offered many services all at one place helped us organize and stay in control of the other vendors and wedding details we were responsible for knowing we could trust Snowbasin to manage their part. The event staff helped the evening go smoothly to create such a wonderful and memorable experience for our daughter, her new husband, and our family and friends.

Snowbasin Resort 11
    Snowbasin Resort 12

3.5

We absolutely loved our wedding at Snowbasin! We got the amazing outdoor Utah mountain views, without outrageous pricing. Biggest drawback was probably the lack of lodging immediately on-site, but with a resort partner nearby it wasn't a problem at all. We'd recommend Snowbasin over any of the much more pricey resorts any day.

Katharine · Married on 02/25/2017

2.8
      3.5
      2.5
      3.0
      3.0
      2.5

The venue is beautiful and stunning. The food was very tasty. The wait staff overall was okay. They did pick up food and full glasses of drinks, which then our guests went and got more, which added to our costs. We asked not to serve shots to our guests and they did.
    The management staff needs improvement with communication, and always saying sorry and making excuses for behind the scenes issues. After all, is said and done, if you feel $160 per person is not that bad for the cost of food and beverage (including tax on everything, 22% service charge, and rentals) then I would suggest booking the venue. This didn't include cake service.
    Our guests (80) thoroughly enjoyed themselves and we have special memories.