SMP Makeup Artistry Reviews

1 User photo

• Allison
    Allison D. Married on 02/28/2021

Great Experience!

I am so happy that I chose Stephanie to do my hair and makeup! She was organized, professional, and all around enjoyable to work with! She brought another makeup artists, Amanda, with her on the morning of my wedding and they both made the day so easy and enjoyable. Everyone loved both their hair and makeup and still looked flawless at the end of the night. Working with Stephanie was the perfect start to my wedding day and I cannot recommend her enough!

SMP Makeup Artistry's reply:

Aw, thank you Allison! You and your party were an absolute joy to work with - we loved sharing in your special day! Thanks for your trust and kind words! xo
    Alexa Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing hair/makeup artist!

Stephanie was referred to me by one of her previous brides and was amazing to work with! She was great throughout the whole process and was very responsive. Everything from my trial to the day of the wedding went smoothly! I showed her pictures of hair and make up, let her know my vision and she made it happen! She is so nice and extremely professional. Her and her team showed up early on the day of my wedding to set up and made sure we had enough time to get everything done. We all loved our hair and make up! I would highly recommend her to any future brides!

SMP Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Alexa! You and your whole party were such a delight! I loved being part of your special day. Thank you for your kind words! xo
    Caitlyn Married on 03/24/2018
    Stephanie was recommended to me by two of her previous brides (who were also two of my bridesmaids). Stephanie was such a pleasure to work with!!! She made everything about the wedding planning process (engagement shoot, trial, morning of) so relaxed and fun! The morning of our wedding, Stephanie showed up with a team to complete 21 services (11 make up, 10 hair) in just over 4 hours. The talented team worked so well together, and executed everything perfectly. They helped everything stay on schedule so there was nothing at all to worry about. Most importantly, they made everyone look and feel so beautiful! They encouraged bridesmaids to speak up if they didn't like something (although, everyone LOVED everything the first time!). I don't know what I would've done with her and her talented team! Thank you Stephanie for making our wedding so special!

SMP Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Caitlyn! You’re such a beautiful person - thanks for allowing me to be a part of your day!
    Tricia Married on 04/15/2017
    Stephanie is amazingly talented! My mom and I went to do a trial prior to the wedding. We both showed Stephanie a picture and she absolutely nailed the look! I even changed my hair a little on the day of my wedding and it wasn't a problem at all and it came out looking amazing! I have never been in a wedding where everyone is happy with the way their hair and makeup came out until now! On top of being talented, Stephanie is so sweet! She had me so relaxed the morning of the wedding and even stayed a little longer to help with the veil placement once I was dressed for the photographer. I cannot recommend her services enough!

SMP Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Tricia! You and your family were so kind and wonderful - it was such a pleasure working with you! Congratulations!
    Christal Married on 04/09/2016
    Stephanie was one of the easiest vendors to work with! She really understood the feel I was going for and exceeded my expectations. All of the ladies in my wedding party looked absolutely stunning!!
    Emily Married on 04/02/2016
    Look no further for your hair and makeup needs - Stephanie is amazing. She herself is so sweet and bubbly - and beautifully natural herself. My hair and makeup started at 6 am, and she was up and ready to go - and just as excited as I was on my wedding day.

She was extremely helpful during the trial - offering her professional opinion about the "size" / "volume" of my updo. My hair and makeup the day of my wedding was flawless. It poured almost my whole day, but through the tears and the rain, my hair and makeup remained in tact. I was really shocked - I cried a lot (happy tears!)!

Natural looking hair and makeup was really important to me. I wanted to look like myself. The makeup was natural - just the way I wanted it. I didn't feel overdone or over the top. And she uses the air brush technique to make your skin really natural and smooth. In addition, I'm a huge fan of the individual lashes (as opposed to the full strips). To me, that is a big indication of how natural brides look on their day.

Thank you Stephanie, for everything! I'm so grateful we had the chance to work together.
    Julia Married on 11/08/2014
    Stephanie did a wonderful job on my makeup and hair. During my trial she was very responsive to the overall look I was wanting. I am not very "girly", so I followed Stephanie's lead a bit more for the make up and I could not have been happier. She showed an amazing knowledge of the products she uses and what would look the best for my skin tone and eye color. My makeup looked flawless and not over done, just as I had imagine in my mind. My hair I had a very clear vision of what I wanted, but was unaware of what it actually would take to accomplish the look. I have very long, thick hair and wanted it all to be curled with it being pinned half up (more natural than hairspray). She took the time (over 2 hours) to assure it was the look I was envisioning. I feel she really took the time to listen to what I wanted and it clearly showed on my special day. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with.
    Lauren Married on 07/26/2013
    Stephanie did a fabulous job for myself and my bridesmaids on my wedding day!! Everybody could not have been happier with their look.
    Athena Married on 02/14/2013
    Stephanie did my hair and makeup. In the trial, we had tried different hair spray and made changes and on the day of my wedding, there were no issues with my hair or makeup. I trusted her judgement on how I might look my best but wanted to still have a focus on my eyes. I look great in ALL of my pictures, even when I made weird faces. It was legitimately the only day I have ever had where I can say I was camera ready and did not take one bad picture. Every girl deserves that feeling along with those amazing memories.
  • User2537954 2+ years ago
    Stephanie is such a pleasure to work with! She took the time to customize my wedding day makeup to my desires and not something that might have been "the norm" for brides. Her skills in being able to transition from one style to another between myself and others in the wedding parties was amazing. We had to start earlier than most weddings, and she was accomodating to be at our venue as early as 6 AM. I've recommended her and SMP Makeup Artistry to many friends and colleagues. Thanks to Stephanie for making my day so gorgeous!
    Lindsay Married on 06/05/2010
    I had such an amazing experience with Stephanie, the amazing lady behind SMP Makeup Artistry! I had never gotten my makeup professionally done before, and I really had no idea how to instruct her for the look I was going for, but she nailed it! I felt absolutely flawless, and my makeup lasted through the entire day and night (in 95 degree Atlanta summer heat and lots of dancing).

In addition to my makeup, Stephanie did makeup for my mom and all six of my bridesmaids, each who were able to keep their beautiful individuality in the looks. Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. She is also one of the kindest, most personable people I know. It was such a pleasure to have her on my glam team! She even came and checked on me before the ceremony (she was also a wedding guest) and gave me a quick lipstick touch up.

I'm so thankful that Stephanie was able to take part in making the day so special for all of us. I'd highly recommend SMP Makeup Artistry for reliable, customized, and high quality service!