Smooth as Butter Weddings Reviews

29 | Atlanta, GA

29 Reviews for Smooth as Butter Weddings

Breona Evans · Getting married on 07/12/2020

NYE Wedding

Candace came in about 6 months in and saved the day! She was recommended to me by a friend who’s wedding also went SO smoothly! She is full of creativity, patience, and so organized! Can not recommend Candace and her team enough! ❤️

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 01/11/2020

Candace nailed it!

Candace & Amy were an incredible help to me throughout the process leading up to my wedding day. I never felt any shred of anxiety or doubt after a meeting with Candace, she was brilliant in suggesting solutions to any worries I had or alternatives to things I did not like (and also may have had to mediate certain things the groom and I didn't agree on!). When it came to the last few weeks before the wedding, I truly felt confident that I could just hand everything over to Candace and she had it COVERED- which she truly did!!. She was very professional, well organized, and exceeded my expectations. On our wedding day we had some unexpected weather that she handled with such ease that I actually was completely unaware of just how bad the storm was until I saw some videos of it afterward! I love this team, and can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/24/2020

Matt and Diane · Married on 12/07/2019

Helpful, sharp, worthy!

Candace was awesome. She was a huge help. We worked with her through the month-of service and met/spoke with her several times. She helped us schedule the day, reach out to vendors, figure out a floor plan and a way to flip the room at our venue. She helped us in so many ways, with input/advice on decisions to make, from desserts (we did donuts!) to decoration advice.

And of course, she made things run so smoothly on the day-of. She coordinated with people behind-the-scenes, answered any questions we had whenever they came up, and was so nice during it all. I would definitely recommend this team!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Janaye

Janaye McGrew · Married on 11/16/2019

The easiest, smoothest day of my life!

Candace is the wedding fairy godmother, nuptial queen, queen of beautiful celebrations. I was a bride with very specific tastes, a reasonable budget and a tendency to be indecisive. Add the facts that our venue was a completely raw space and I was planning from a thousand miles away, and you know the magic that Candace can work. Candace was so patient with my long emails and was able to interpret the exact vibe that I was going for. Candace was so helpful as a guide and sounding board before the wedding, but she was truly the engine behind our wedding on the day of. Our wedding venue was leaking and flooding on the night before our wedding, and Candace was soooo calm, cool and collected. On a day that could have been incredibly stressful, Candace was a source of peace and I am so happy that she and her team were part of our day!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hightower · Married on 11/16/2019

Highly recommend

I cannot recommend them highly enough, and Ellen helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. She was amazing to work with, and I did not worry one bit on my wedding day. She did month of and day of coordination for us, and she handled everything from coordinating vendors to final payments to directing guests to decorating to other things that I probably do not even know about. She even helped get us a new hair and makeup artist when ours quit the night before the wedding. We called her, and we had a new (and better) hair and makeup artist within an hour. My wife and I were able to focus on enjoying our wedding and each other!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Elina · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Decision Ever

Hiring Candace as our day-of coordinator was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. We originally went with Candace because we were having a small, non-traditional wedding felt like she really "got" what we were going for. She asked questions to make sure everything would go they way we envisioned, but she also had great suggestions.
    Candace and Kate really went above and beyond for us on the day of the wedding. We had done a lot of DIY-ing for the wedding so I was really worried about everything going smoothly. I can tend to be a bit of a micromanager, but I felt confident that we were in good hands and it was amazing to be able to relax and enjoy the day. We got a lot of compliments from guests and we couldn't have done it without Candace and Kate!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Adeline

Adeline Barrington · Married on 11/02/2019

Takes away all the stress

Candace was amazing to work with. She is so kind and helpful and full of advice and ideas. She helped us craft the perfect schedule and was so on top of it the day of. She helped us organize people and get our reception set up in under 2 hours and kept things running smoothly.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Charlie

Charlie Reyes · Married on 09/07/2019

Fear Knott - Ellen will save the day!

Working with Ellen and Candace was more than I could have asked for. I wish we could have hired them from the start, but I’m so glad we found them for the month-of coordination. Ellen, Kayla, and her bartending team were so incredible and there was no way we could have pulled any of it off without them. We had last minute items arise and it was all handled with the utmost professionalism and left us to be able to enjoy our day to the fullest. She made sure all our needs were taken care of, even providing a bandaid for my wife’s heal when her shoes started to give her a blister.

My wife and I cannot stop talking about how awesome they were and how much we enjoyed working with them. Best decision ever. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Haydee Romero · Married on 06/30/2019

Smooth as Butter....

That is how I would describe our wedding. Absolutely living up to the name. We were so lucky to have had Candace as our day of coordinator for our wedding. From the moment we met, Candace was a gem. The weeks before our wedding she suggested awesome vendors and the day of our wedding she was there to answer questions and ease our worries. She even chased us down on our wedding day to make sure we ate. We can’t tell you how appreciative we are to have shared our wedding with her. Candace is passionate about what she does even our family was raving about how incredible she is. We have no doubt that she will make your big day, in whatever way you choose to work with her, go as smooth as butter.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Mary C · Married on 06/15/2019

Three cheers for Candace (& Butter)

From the beginning, Candace was easy to work with, friendly, knowledgeable, and interested in our vision (and us as people). She was responsive, flexible, and organized, and also was good at gently dealing with strong personalities, stress, and handoffs (like when it was time for me to stop trying to fuss over a timeline). Taking over vendor communications in the last couple weeks preserved my sanity! And she was such a fun, friendly face all during the wedding day. There were, of course, a couple of small day-of imperfections with our venue, but those were the fault of the venue and not Candace who took it all in stride (and kept me shielded so I didn't worry - ha)! My parents, spouse and I are so glad that she was on our team. Thank you Candace!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 05/26/2019

The Smoothest wedding ever!!!

Brides!!! I’m not sure what our wedding would have been like without Candace as our day of coordinator .She was the glue that kept everything together and was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She totally lives up to the company name since everything ran so smoothly! My guests have constantly commented that they had not been to a wedding that started on time before and Candace was instrumental in making sure that we stuck to schedule. Most importantly we were able to fully enjoy our wedding day without worrying about anything due to Candace’s hard work, attention to detail and infectious personality! We are forever grateful to her.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 05/18/2019

Worth every penny!

Candace did an amazing job as our day of coordinator. From the moment we met her we knew that our wedding was in good hands. She easily went above and beyond our expectations. I don't think our wedding day would have run as smoothly without her. My wife made all the center pieces and Candace not only transported the flowers for us, she made sure they stayed fresh. She even booked our get away Uber. If we could give her more than 5 stars we would. If you're thinking of booking a coordinator Candace is definitely the one you want.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Elise

Elise Blasingame · Married on 05/10/2019

We LOVED our experience with Ellen!!

Ellen was our primary coordinator and did a FANTASTIC job. We hired her as month-of and day-of support. I could text, email or call and she would get on it ASAP. She was a wiz at dealing with any fussy family and had our venue set up and ready to go in no time. She handled all of the vendors effortlessly and took so much off my plate! I am also a very detail-oriented person so she was very accommodating to my spreadsheets and many many questions : ) We seriously would not change a single thing about our wedding - everything was beyond perfect. Would highly recommend Smooth as Butter Weddings to anyone planning a wedding or family event! - Elise & David

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/10/2019

She is the BEST

Wow! Talk about a coordinator that goes above and beyond! Candace was always just a quick phone call or text away. I hired Candace to be a three-month coordinator, as I had been engaged for almost two years and had already locked in most of my vendors. Living on the West Coast I needed someone to help also nothing is that fun to plan three months before the wedding as vendors are asking you a million questions. I was able to hop on the phone with Candace and tell her what I wanted and she would get back to all the vendors and make it happen. I spoke with about 4 - 5 other coordinators and the last one was Candace I knew before I got off the phone with her I wanted her! She is calm but gets things done, knows how to work with all your vendors, and is such a sweet soul. My wedding was at Swan House (at Atlanta History Center) and Candace made sure it was the best day of my life - by building a timeline for all vendors, bringing two assistance on-site, making sure the wedding party got to all the places they needed to, picked up late-night food for the whole wedding, and just made sure it was everything I dreamed of. I highly recommend, Smooth as Butter Weddings!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best Money You Can Spend

Hiring Candace was the single-best decision we made in our wedding planning process. We had the privilege of having Candace as both our month-of coordinator, as well as our officiant. Candace wrote the most perfect ceremony script that truly encapsulated us as a couple. I can't even begin to count the number of compliments we received on our ceremony from our guests. Not only that, but Candace made sure that our day went smoothly and that we did not need to worry about a thing. As natural worriers, it was absolutely invaluable knowing that Candace had everything under control, and we trusted her judgment and ability implicitly. We truly cannot recommend Candace enough. She is a rockstar, and we are so glad we found her!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Manci · Married on 04/06/2019

The best money you'll spend!

I’ve heard people say that choosing a good wedding coordinator is the best money you’ll spend on your wedding, and with Candace that is 100% true! Candace is a true expert, and she was able to help iron out the wedding details with such ease and sound advice. She steered me in the right direction for every question I had. Candace truly shines on the day of the event, as she is impeccably organized, calm, and one step ahead of everyone. On the day of the wedding, every time we asked for something, she already had it handled—it was amazing! She and her assistant made our day seamless and calm, and I cannot imagine what it would have been like without her. Choosing Smooth as Butter Weddings will be the best decision you make.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Emily Harrell · Married on 11/17/2018

Exceptional and Memorable

Our wedding was so memorable and personalized to us thanks to Candace! Everything was perfect and the day went by without a hitch because she was attentive and knows every detail of the day.. The wedding would not have been the same without Candace being apart of it and we are so grateful that she is now not only our friend, but she is such a special part of this beautiful chapter of our lives - we wouldn't want anyone else to play her part!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Stacie · Married on 11/11/2018

Candace is a amazing!

I can’t say enough about how Candace made my wedding even better than I could have imagined. She took the time and care to make sure everything was perfect on our special day and she makes it fun!! This is truly her gift and you are lucky if you choose to have her help you with your wedding!

Annie Thorne · Married on 10/27/2018

Extremely professional and amazingly helpful!

Candace was INCREDIBLE! She was our day-of coordinator and I'm so so glad she was there. Our venue required us to have a coordinator, which originally wouldn't have crossed my mind--but boy am I glad we had Candace! She kept everything running smoothly, was always there exactly when you needed her. Everyone remarked how helpful and great she was. Her being there really allowed us to focus on the day and let her handle the details. Thank you Candace!!!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfection!

Candace and Pat truly made our wedding day amazing. Candace got to know us and personalized our ceremony perfectly. It was so us! And Pat's video of our wedding still makes me cry months later...it was everything we wanted to remember our special day with!

Meagan Fredrick · Married on 10/12/2018

Wedding Coordinator Extraordinaire!

Candace was the cherry on top of an awesome team of vendors for my wedding in October 2018. She is such a light and is organized and calming and professional, while still reminding you to have a blast on your special day! Highly recommend!

• Katie

Katie Darrow · Married on 10/10/2018

Tabernacle elopement

Can I just say that I was recommended to Candace by a Savannah wedding consultant?? And after seeing her website (the old one), I knew she was the officiant for me! I never even looked at another one! I love her personality, energy, and style! She wore a green velvet blazer to my wedding, LOVE! Instafriends! She was super professional, but also someone I could see myself hanging out with next time I'm in Atlanta! Continue to rock Candace, congrats on the new company and keep doing what you love! PS I love that the ceremony was customized to us, right down to the outfit Candace wore to the event!

Sent on 01/16/2019
  • Avery

Avery · Married on 09/22/2018

Hire This Dream Team!

Hiring Candace as our A-Z wedding planner was hands down the best decision we made. She is an absolute DREAM to work with and took every ounce of stress off of our plates in the months leading up to our wedding. She listened to every detail that my husband and I wanted to incorporate into our wedding day and MADE. IT. HAPPEN. She was so thoughtful and kind throughout months of planning, but she also knew when we needed her to be our bulldog to push back on vendors. Candace’s team executed every detail of our wedding flawlessly – from planning, decorating, videography and day-of coordinating to completely saving the day when my dress strap broke unexpectedly! Long story short, Candace is an absolute gem and will make all of your wedding day dreams come true!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Martha Herbers-Sanger · Married on 09/02/2018

Wondar Woman

When we started the planning process we didn't think we needed a planner as we had most of the details figured out already but Candace was an absolute dream for our wedding! From the first meeting we felt like she just got us and our vision. On the day of the wedding she took care of EVERYTHING while we were getting ready, taking pictures, getting married and having a party. Our experience of the day was that everything was easy peasy and went without a hitch and I have no doubt that our perception was because of Candace's hustle. We had many guests comment on how awesome she was and the ways that she held everything together. We were so wrong to think that we could have pulled off even a "low key DIY mountain wedding" without someone behind the scenes.
    To top it off, her services were super affordable (and worth every penny). We would hire her a million times over!!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Kim · Married on 08/10/2018

Amazing Coordinator/Officiant/Videographer!!

Smooth As Butter was such an instrumental part of my big day (from day-of coordinating, to officiating, to viedographer services)!! Leading up to my wedding, Candace was always available via text or email any time I had a question and was super timely with her responses. When I was struggling to find the right floral vendor, she quickly helped me identify the perfect florist within my budget who exceeded my expectations! On my big day, she seamlessly coordinated my vendor load-in and executed a flawless setup of all of my small details. She made it so that I did not have to worry about a single thing, and I was truly able to enjoy every moment of my wedding day. She also served as my officiant, and did an impeccable job incorporating everything that was important to my husband and I into our ceremony script. Not to mention, we were over the moon about how our wedding video turned out! It was absolutely perfect and we will treasure it for years to come. I highly, highly recommend Candace for any bride-to-be!! A++++