Smooth as Butter Weddings Reviews

47 Reviews for Smooth as Butter Weddings

• Y

Yuri P. · Getting married on 05/12/2022

Electric service

The Michael Jordan of Wedding Planning. Candace is a wonderful, kind, energetic person who created the most magical experience for my wife and I. Our Indian wedding was zero stress and had all the garlic naan. We were supposed to have a violinist play but they cancelled at the last minute with COVID but Candace sorted everything out and hired the most bad a** saxophone player in Atlanta. If you want to have a wedding that is (f*cking) unforgettable, call Candace and the Smooth As Butter Team!

Sent on 12/31/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly C. · Married on 03/27/2021

Really Lives Up To The Name

We hired Candace in 2019 for Month of Coordination for what would've been our June 2020 wedding. While it got moved back twice due to covid, Candace was there all along the way. She went above and beyond in helping us navigate rescheduling the wedding two times, which was really not her problem at all since we hadn't hired her for full planning. We had a very unusual vision for our wedding, and she was always super enthusiastic about it and never once scoffed at our crazy ideas or requests. She is extremely responsive and organized, and somehow manages to remember every single detail you tell her, whether it was through email or off the cuff in person.

When we finally got married this March, it was everything we had been waiting for. We ended up hiring her to officiate as well, and she did a great job capturing our vibe as a couple. Her assistant on the wedding day was fabulous as well. I anticipated being very stressed and overwhelmed as this is how I usually am on important events, but this was the first time where I felt like I didn't need to worry and could just relax and enjoy the experience. Guests commented that it was the most relaxed, calm, smoothly run wedding they'd attended. Highly recommend Smooth As Butter to anyone planning their wedding. Even if you only hire her for partial planning, it's worth EVERY penny for the peace of mind.

Sent on 04/05/2021
  • Mary

Mary A. · Married on 02/03/2021

Best Wedding Planner EVER!

Candace and Courtney absolutely blew it out of the water! My first piece of advice for any bride getting married would be to get a wedding planner - even if it's a day of or month of planner. The second piece of advice I would give would be to choose Smooth As Butter Weddings as the wedding planner. They were amazing. Candance is so invested in making every dream you have for your wedding day come true. She is flexible, communicative, and above all esle, kind and compassionate. I felt so comfortable working with her and any anxieties or fears I had for my wedding were instantly put at ease after my initial meeting with Candace. My now husband (who is pretty independent and likes to do things himself) even commetned on how thankful he was to haver her there to help guide us through the wedding planning process. And did I mention how fun they are? Candace and Courtney were a total blast and constantly kept the mood of the day light and postiive. We got married right before shelter-in place laws went into effect because of the coronavirus and Candace (without me even needing to ask) talked to the vendors seperately to confirm their particpation and worked with the caterer to change the dinner buffet to a chef's line so that people would not feel uncomfortable touching plates and utensils. I could tell my guests felt taken care of and that meant the world to me. I can truly say my wedding was everything I hoped and dreamt it would be and I know for a fact I couldn't have pulled it off without Candace.

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Christy

Christy C. · Married on 12/18/2020

Book her now!

Candace and her team were the best planning team we could ask for! We signed up for partial planning because we had some vendors already in place. For the vendors we didn't have, Candace recommended amazing ones! She handled everything from top to bottom, including the little details like day-of lunches that we would've likely forgotten. We had our wedding during COVID, and she also adjusted flawlessly to our constantly changing plans. She was an absolute joy throughout the process. She calmed us down and was very responsive to our needs, fears, changes, etc. Cannot recommend Smooth as Butter enough!!! If you are hesitating, DON'T. Book her now!!

Sent on 03/16/2021
  • Nathalia

Nathalia V. · Married on 12/09/2020

Smooth as Butter made our dream elopement possible

Where do I even begin??

Candace @ Smooth as Butter Weddings made our elopement the most magical day one could have hoped for. We gave her a ridiculously short timeline of 3 weeks to plan a pandemic - friendly backyard elopement for 10 guests and the result was absolutely perfect.

Prior to the event:
    Smooth as Butter thought of everything for us. And I mean EVERYTHING. All we had to do was give them a few directions on how we envisioned our day to go and let their creativity run free! A couple of planning sessions ironed out the details and we had nothing to worry about.

Candace and her team came to our backyard to set up the event. The process was clean, fast, well planned and professional. Nothing was forgotten or half done.

During the event:

Event flow: Candace ensured our event cadence was seamless. Her subtle guidance helped our guests flow through the day without hesitation! All guests - from our loudest party animal friend to my quiet, serene parents - felt welcome and comfortable to enjoy the moment at their own pace. Isn't that what every couple expects from their wedding? It wouldn't have happened without Smooth as Butter.

Photo & Video: Smooth as Butter's video and photography peeps did an incredible job! We're still waiting on the final products and WE CAN'T WAIT. It was the perfect balance of getting enough pictures and still enjoying every moment of the event with our guests - once again, exactly what we asked for! Did I mention they brought a Polaroid and snapped the best candids with it?

Officiating: From a simple questionnaire we answered a week before our elopement, Candace crafted a lighthearted and beautiful speech to officiate our union. She observed the traditions we wanted to incorporate and brought so much of our personality to this beautiful moment. There wasn't a set of dry eyes among us.

Post event:

The following day, the Smooth as Butter crew came over to disassemble our setup and once again, they were as efficient as can be. Together we found new homes to almost all of our flower arrangements and leftover beverages.

TL;DR: If you believe in hiring talented people to bring you the best custom experiences, full of charm and personality, Smooth as Butter is for you.

Sent on 09/16/2020

Rachel J. · Married on 11/22/2020

Wedding coordinator

Candace turned my wedding into a fairytale. Being so busy with school before my wedding, it was difficult for me to plan things. She took care of everything for me and went above and beyond my expectations. She possesses superior creativity and provided beautiful elements to my wedding I could have never dreamed of. I could not recommend her enough and I definitely could not have planned my wedding without her. She is truly a wedding coordinator fairy godmother!

Sent on 12/24/2020

Laurie M. · Married on 11/21/2020

Truly the BEST wedding coordinator

Candace and her team were truly amazing. We could not have survived without them!! They made the whole process so easy and so wonderful. Everything was planned and executed to perfection we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding. The whole process was stress free and so fun! Candace made our design dreams come true and all the logistics of the day went so smoothly. She also made sure we were able to enjoy our day, the food, drinks, and our cake. The videographer services were also absolutely impeccable!! Our wedding video turned out so beautiful.

Sent on 12/06/2020
  • Susan

Susan G. · Married on 11/06/2020

Lake Rabun Wedding

To the Butter team, Thank you so much for making our wedding day so smooth! Ellen, thanks for all the recommendations. Kate, thanks so much for responding to my texts right away and making me feel calm about everything. Candace, thank you for making sure everything ran together perfect on the big day! You really made everything "smooth as butter"!

Sent on 06/26/2020
  • ARIEL

Ariel W. · Married on 10/04/2020

My favorite of the day!

Candace, Candace, that woman is amazing. Right after our initial phone conversation, I knew I had to hire her. It's hard for me to give up control but I had no issues with her. My day was truly perfect with her help. If something went wrong, I still don't know about it. Also, loved her sense of fashion! You go girl!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Mford1187@Gmail.com · Married on 09/12/2020

Hire Smooth as Butter!

Candace and Caroline literally saved my sanity while planning a wedding in 2020. They went above and beyond to help my fiancé and I think of new options as Covid posed hurdle after hurdle. Our day ended up being more than I dreamed of and I felt such at peace because I knew they would take care of every little detail...and they absolutely did! My fiancé and I couldn’t think of one thing that went wrong after the fact. Hire smooth as butter, look no further!

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Sumaira

Sumaira L. · Married on 08/05/2020

Elopement wedding

We were so worried about having our wedding in the middle of a pandemic. We worked with such an amazing team and everything was PERFECT!!! They all were very accommodating and answered all of my 50000 questions on how my big day was going to go. I will be forever grateful to smooth as butter for making my day simply PERFECT. And it really was as smooth as butter. ❤️

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor D. · Married on 07/25/2020

Couldn't have done it without them!

There are not enough words to adequately express how phenomenal our experience was working with Candace / Smooth as Butter Weddings. Our planning process began before covid hit, and despite the unprecedented nature of planning a wedding during a pandemic, Candace never missed a beat. She helped us navigate through difficult decisions - reassuring us with each new wave of stress or concern as things shifted, and was a never-ending source of positivity and flexibility. She assisted us in selecting a DREAM vendor team, and facilitated with all communications to make the process as easy as possible. She anticipated every need and listened to what we wanted at every step of the way. When it came to our wedding day, I kept getting comments about how calm my husband and I seemed - that was ALL thanks to Candace. She ensured the weekend (including rehearsal dinner) ran as smoothly as possible, which allowed us to have the absolute time of our lives! I'm forever grateful to her and her team, and would recommend her to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 08/15/2020

Breona E. · Married on 07/12/2020

NYE Wedding

Candace came in about 6 months in and saved the day! She was recommended to me by a friend who’s wedding also went SO smoothly! She is full of creativity, patience, and so organized! Can not recommend Candace and her team enough! ❤️

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Sarah

Marie · Married on 05/30/2020

The best!

YALL Candace is the real deal. She is friendly, professional, helpful, organized, knowledgeable, decisive, fun...the list goes on. But above all, she is compassionate. She is someone you will feel good about working with, and want to be support, and want to be around when everything hits the fan (which is inevitable in wedding planning, but especially with a pandemic!). She has shown such grace during everything with the coronavirus; even though I'm sure she's under immense pressure, she's always thinking about others, making the situation more bearable, helping relieve stress and come up with a plan b (or c, d, e....). I feel so lucky to have been able to work with her. You want someone like Candace on your team, especially in these crazy times.

Sent on 05/29/2020
  • Authentic

Authentic C. · Married on 04/22/2020

Best In Atlanta!

Candace and her team are simply incredible! As wedding photographers, we know how much of a difference a good planner/coordinator can make for a wedding. They truly do make the wedding day "Smooth as Butter"! The whole team has a calming presence and magnetic personality, you can't help but love them! If you're looking for a fantastic team to take care of you and all your wedding needs, look no further. You've found the best in Atlanta.

Sent on 04/23/2020
  • Christine

Christine S. · Married on 04/16/2020

Magic Against All Odds

I can't speak highly enough of Candace - we got married during the dumpster fire that is 2020 and she helped us pivot through several different iterations of a potential celebration with ease and grace. She ended up officiating a small elopement for us and she brought so much fun and enthusiasm to what ended up being a perfect day. Candace is a wonderful planner and wonderful human and I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/14/2020
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 01/11/2020

Candace nailed it!

Candace & Amy were an incredible help to me throughout the process leading up to my wedding day. I never felt any shred of anxiety or doubt after a meeting with Candace, she was brilliant in suggesting solutions to any worries I had or alternatives to things I did not like (and also may have had to mediate certain things the groom and I didn't agree on!). When it came to the last few weeks before the wedding, I truly felt confident that I could just hand everything over to Candace and she had it COVERED- which she truly did!!. She was very professional, well organized, and exceeded my expectations. On our wedding day we had some unexpected weather that she handled with such ease that I actually was completely unaware of just how bad the storm was until I saw some videos of it afterward! I love this team, and can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/24/2020

Matt A. · Married on 12/07/2019

Helpful, sharp, worthy!

Candace was awesome. She was a huge help. We worked with her through the month-of service and met/spoke with her several times. She helped us schedule the day, reach out to vendors, figure out a floor plan and a way to flip the room at our venue. She helped us in so many ways, with input/advice on decisions to make, from desserts (we did donuts!) to decoration advice.

And of course, she made things run so smoothly on the day-of. She coordinated with people behind-the-scenes, answered any questions we had whenever they came up, and was so nice during it all. I would definitely recommend this team!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Janaye

Janaye M. · Married on 11/16/2019

The easiest, smoothest day of my life!

Candace is the wedding fairy godmother, nuptial queen, queen of beautiful celebrations. I was a bride with very specific tastes, a reasonable budget and a tendency to be indecisive. Add the facts that our venue was a completely raw space and I was planning from a thousand miles away, and you know the magic that Candace can work. Candace was so patient with my long emails and was able to interpret the exact vibe that I was going for. Candace was so helpful as a guide and sounding board before the wedding, but she was truly the engine behind our wedding on the day of. Our wedding venue was leaking and flooding on the night before our wedding, and Candace was soooo calm, cool and collected. On a day that could have been incredibly stressful, Candace was a source of peace and I am so happy that she and her team were part of our day!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer H. · Married on 11/16/2019

Highly recommend

I cannot recommend them highly enough, and Ellen helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. She was amazing to work with, and I did not worry one bit on my wedding day. She did month of and day of coordination for us, and she handled everything from coordinating vendors to final payments to directing guests to decorating to other things that I probably do not even know about. She even helped get us a new hair and makeup artist when ours quit the night before the wedding. We called her, and we had a new (and better) hair and makeup artist within an hour. My wife and I were able to focus on enjoying our wedding and each other!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Elina · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Decision Ever

Hiring Candace as our day-of coordinator was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. We originally went with Candace because we were having a small, non-traditional wedding felt like she really "got" what we were going for. She asked questions to make sure everything would go they way we envisioned, but she also had great suggestions.
    Candace and Kate really went above and beyond for us on the day of the wedding. We had done a lot of DIY-ing for the wedding so I was really worried about everything going smoothly. I can tend to be a bit of a micromanager, but I felt confident that we were in good hands and it was amazing to be able to relax and enjoy the day. We got a lot of compliments from guests and we couldn't have done it without Candace and Kate!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Adeline

Adeline B. · Married on 11/02/2019

Takes away all the stress

Candace was amazing to work with. She is so kind and helpful and full of advice and ideas. She helped us craft the perfect schedule and was so on top of it the day of. She helped us organize people and get our reception set up in under 2 hours and kept things running smoothly.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Charlie

Charlie R. · Married on 09/07/2019

Fear Knott - Ellen will save the day!

Working with Ellen and Candace was more than I could have asked for. I wish we could have hired them from the start, but I’m so glad we found them for the month-of coordination. Ellen, Kayla, and her bartending team were so incredible and there was no way we could have pulled any of it off without them. We had last minute items arise and it was all handled with the utmost professionalism and left us to be able to enjoy our day to the fullest. She made sure all our needs were taken care of, even providing a bandaid for my wife’s heal when her shoes started to give her a blister.

My wife and I cannot stop talking about how awesome they were and how much we enjoyed working with them. Best decision ever. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Haydee R. · Married on 06/30/2019

Smooth as Butter....

That is how I would describe our wedding. Absolutely living up to the name. We were so lucky to have had Candace as our day of coordinator for our wedding. From the moment we met, Candace was a gem. The weeks before our wedding she suggested awesome vendors and the day of our wedding she was there to answer questions and ease our worries. She even chased us down on our wedding day to make sure we ate. We can’t tell you how appreciative we are to have shared our wedding with her. Candace is passionate about what she does even our family was raving about how incredible she is. We have no doubt that she will make your big day, in whatever way you choose to work with her, go as smooth as butter.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Mary · Married on 06/15/2019

Three cheers for Candace (& Butter)

From the beginning, Candace was easy to work with, friendly, knowledgeable, and interested in our vision (and us as people). She was responsive, flexible, and organized, and also was good at gently dealing with strong personalities, stress, and handoffs (like when it was time for me to stop trying to fuss over a timeline). Taking over vendor communications in the last couple weeks preserved my sanity! And she was such a fun, friendly face all during the wedding day. There were, of course, a couple of small day-of imperfections with our venue, but those were the fault of the venue and not Candace who took it all in stride (and kept me shielded so I didn't worry - ha)! My parents, spouse and I are so glad that she was on our team. Thank you Candace!

Sent on 07/01/2019