Smooth as Butter Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Michelle
    Michelle H. Married on 06/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t have done it without her!

We could not have done this wedding without Candace. She was basically our month of coordinator. We really had a dream team and Candace made everything go as “smooth as butter” “Day of “ she was particularly AWESOME!
  • Gianna
    Gianna G. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding planning decision we made!

We hired Candace a year & a half before our June 2022 wedding for partial planning services and it was the best wedding decision we made! On our initial call, I told Candace about the vibe I wanted & she immediately knew of a venue (that I didn't) that was absolutely perfect, and I knew it was the right choice to hire her! She was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process, and was in lockstep with me & my vision the whole time. Plus she didn't balk at my more wild ideas! She has a list of incredible trusted vendors that was a lifeline, and all of her recommendations were perfect. She handled the logistics (from proposals to load-ins), which let me have the most enjoyable & fun wedding planning process imaginable. The day went off without a hitch & our guests couldn't stop talking about how enjoyable our event was. I was so sad when our wedding was over because I didn't get to work with her anymore! I can't thank Candace enough for all of her hard work on our day.
  • Y
    Yuri P. Married on 05/12/2022

Electric service

The Michael Jordan of Wedding Planning. Candace is a wonderful, kind, energetic person who created the most magical experience for my wife and I. Our Indian wedding was zero stress and had all the garlic naan. We were supposed to have a violinist play but they cancelled at the last minute with COVID but Candace sorted everything out and hired the most bad a** saxophone player in Atlanta. If you want to have a wedding that is (f*cking) unforgettable, call Candace and the Smooth As Butter Team!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Terri
    Terri A. Married on 04/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Seamless, perfect, truly smooth as butter!

I can't begin to formulate words to describe how great Candace and her assistant are! Candace was responsive from our very first phone call. She is detail oriented and made sure to ask what services I needed. I must also mention how affordable her services are. I utilized her coordination services only. Her method of organization is genius and made it easy to communicate all my wants, vendor information, and day-of decisions. She communicated effectively and efficiently with me and my vendors and made sure our final walkthrough was smooth. She listened to my dreams of a somewhat DIY wedding and helped make it come to life! She was so kind to all of my family and friends in the wedding party, She went above and beyond to be sure both me and my husband were taken care and and without any stresses on our wedding day. I would choose her over and over again and can't wait to work with her again.
  • Brittany
    Brittany H. Married on 02/12/2022

Best Decision EVER

Candace at Smooth as Butter hands down is the reason my wedding was such a success. From the very beginning, she is responsive, friendly, full of great advice and creative solutions to any wedding dilemma. She is also so fun and just a super nice person. I decided to handle a lot of decor aspects myself, had a very specific grand exit, and had many many vendors. She perfectly planned the logistics as well as gave me style advice for everything (she has flawless taste). She is a dream to work with! We had some last minute vendor issues and she solved the problem before I even knew there was one. She is the person you want confirming, planning, and handling every aspect of your wedding. Candace went above and beyond for us. She is 5 steps ahead every step of the way so your wedding day is a stress free dream. I say that as a type-A control freak bride. This is truly the best money you will spend for your wedding.
  • Laura
    Laura K. Married on 11/13/2021

Amazing Coordinator!

I'm convinced that Candace is the wedding god's gift to earth! We were planning a (postponed) wedding out of state, and we truly couldn't have done it without Candace. Like many couples, we considered if we needed a day-of-coordinator. The answer is YES, and the only right answer is HIRE CANDACE. There were so many little details that she helped us with, and also put out fires the day of that we didn't even know were happening. I swear she was in 8 places at once. We are beyond grateful we found her, and she helped us have the best wedding day ever!!
  • Samantha
    Samantha W. Married on 10/22/2021

Flawless Experience

Candace was an excellent coordinator and I fully recommend her to anyone! She was professional, reliable, and responsive! She did her very best to make our day go literally smooth as butter! Our day was perfect thanks to her!
  • Alana
    Alana B. Married on 10/04/2021

Best Wedding Planner I Could EVER Ask For

Candace is an absolute angel. She created my DREAM wedding that went above and beyond my expectations. I was able to relax and truly enjoy every moment of my big day because she had everything covered so I could feel stress-free. The wedding planning went so smoothly and you can tell you are working with a seasoned veteran in the wedding business. Best of all, she made the process fun and enjoyable. You can feel her passion and dedication to the art of weddings throughout the entire process. You won't just be getting a wedding with her-you'll be getting a fairytale experience. I HIGHLY recommend her and her team for all your wedding needs. We couldn't be happier!!!
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia Married on 07/02/2021

She's amazing

We were going to have a family friend do the day of coordination for our wedding, but as we got closer we decided to just hire an professional. Our photographer suggested Candace and we were so happy with everything she did. She truly made it a relaxing and fun day for us (and that's saying something since I had an immense amount of anxiety about the wedding). Highly highly recommend!!!
    Paige B. Married on 06/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nothing short of perfect!

If you’re reading this wondering if you should hire smooth as butter, I’m telling you the answer is yes! Candace went above and beyond to organize our crazy day and family better than I ever could have imagined. She guided me through the day off plans with details I never even thought of! I would do it all over again if I could knowing now how smooth it all went. 100/10
  • Shelby
    Shelby R. Married on 06/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wouldn't Choose Anyone Else!

I was recommended to Candace by my photographer, Authentic Collective. Candace truly made our day go so smoothly!

Candace managed all the details - from putting together a timeline and floor plans to ordering last minute high-chairs and executing our rain plan (which turned out better than I could have imagined)! She worked with all the vendors to make sure everyone knew when and where they needed to be so things were executed smoothly.

We even had one of those last minute problems you only see in the movies - we forgot our rings at the hotel!! ( This not due to her lack of reminding us, we were just distracted by a few too many celebratory drinks while getting ready.) Candace quickly and efficiently organized a plan to retrieve the rings all doing so without me even noticing or having a chance to worry about it! It was...smooth as butter.

I am so thankful to have Candace and the Smooth As Butter team support us on our special day. She's fun, thoughtful, dedicated and reliable. You can't go wrong with picking her to organize your wedding day.
    Caitlin B. Married on 05/08/2021

Wonderful Coordination

We hired Candace as our day-of coordinator and she did an amazing job! She was super friendly and capable throughout the time we worked with her. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she helped make sure we had all the last details ironed out. I sent A LOT of emails her way in the last week leading up, and she took them all in stride making sure every concern & comment was understood and resolved. The day of the wedding went beautifully. It was a relief to know Candace and her assistant were there keeping everything running behind the scenes so I could enjoy the day with my new husband. I'd highly recommend her services :)
  • Cole
    Cole F. Married on 04/10/2021

The Absolute Best

My wife and I hired Candace Pre-COVID for our originally planned big NYE wedding. We ended up cancelling and rescheduling to a down-sized event at a venue that had never hosted a real wedding before.

Not only did Candace work with us through our crazy rescheduling, but she was with us every step of the way to make our new vision work -- she asked the questions that we didn't think of, worked with all of vendors in a professional and responsive manner and helped calm my wife through the process and overall just knocked it out of the park leading up to the day.

The day of the wedding she went above and beyond, I can't even explain how much better and relaxed our day went with having her there. She put in place all of the requests my wife had, managed all the vendors effortlessly, and worked through all the small hiccups that were to be expected (and some unexpected).

To put it concisely, she was the best decision we made for a vendor. Outside of being professional and excellent at what she does, Candace is just a kind and pleasant person to be around with and work with. She is worth every penny, and for anyone looking at this review -- book her now!
  • Kelly
    Kelly C. Married on 03/27/2021

Really Lives Up To The Name

We hired Candace in 2019 for Month of Coordination for what would've been our June 2020 wedding. While it got moved back twice due to covid, Candace was there all along the way. She went above and beyond in helping us navigate rescheduling the wedding two times, which was really not her problem at all since we hadn't hired her for full planning. We had a very unusual vision for our wedding, and she was always super enthusiastic about it and never once scoffed at our crazy ideas or requests. She is extremely responsive and organized, and somehow manages to remember every single detail you tell her, whether it was through email or off the cuff in person.

When we finally got married this March, it was everything we had been waiting for. We ended up hiring her to officiate as well, and she did a great job capturing our vibe as a couple. Her assistant on the wedding day was fabulous as well. I anticipated being very stressed and overwhelmed as this is how I usually am on important events, but this was the first time where I felt like I didn't need to worry and could just relax and enjoy the experience. Guests commented that it was the most relaxed, calm, smoothly run wedding they'd attended. Highly recommend Smooth As Butter to anyone planning their wedding. Even if you only hire her for partial planning, it's worth EVERY penny for the peace of mind.
  • Mary
    Mary A. Married on 02/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Planner EVER!

Candace and Courtney absolutely blew it out of the water! My first piece of advice for any bride getting married would be to get a wedding planner - even if it's a day of or month of planner. The second piece of advice I would give would be to choose Smooth As Butter Weddings as the wedding planner. They were amazing. Candance is so invested in making every dream you have for your wedding day come true. She is flexible, communicative, and above all esle, kind and compassionate. I felt so comfortable working with her and any anxieties or fears I had for my wedding were instantly put at ease after my initial meeting with Candace. My now husband (who is pretty independent and likes to do things himself) even commetned on how thankful he was to haver her there to help guide us through the wedding planning process. And did I mention how fun they are? Candace and Courtney were a total blast and constantly kept the mood of the day light and postiive. We got married right before shelter-in place laws went into effect because of the coronavirus and Candace (without me even needing to ask) talked to the vendors seperately to confirm their particpation and worked with the caterer to change the dinner buffet to a chef's line so that people would not feel uncomfortable touching plates and utensils. I could tell my guests felt taken care of and that meant the world to me. I can truly say my wedding was everything I hoped and dreamt it would be and I know for a fact I couldn't have pulled it off without Candace.
  • Jaimie
    Jaimie Married on 12/31/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

She is an incredible planner with tons of experience to boot!

We had the privilege of working with Candace with Smooth As Butter Weddings on a recent wedding! She is an incredible planner with tons of experience to boot! The day ran like clockwork, and Candace made sure everything ran smoothly and on time. She was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding day and an absolute joy to be around on the actual day! We'd highly recommend her for all your planning needs!
  • Christy
    Christy C. Married on 12/18/2020

Book her now!

Candace and her team were the best planning team we could ask for! We signed up for partial planning because we had some vendors already in place. For the vendors we didn't have, Candace recommended amazing ones! She handled everything from top to bottom, including the little details like day-of lunches that we would've likely forgotten. We had our wedding during COVID, and she also adjusted flawlessly to our constantly changing plans. She was an absolute joy throughout the process. She calmed us down and was very responsive to our needs, fears, changes, etc. Cannot recommend Smooth as Butter enough!!! If you are hesitating, DON'T. Book her now!!
  • Nathalia
    Nathalia V. Married on 12/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Smooth as Butter made our dream elopement possible

Where do I even begin??

Candace @ Smooth as Butter Weddings made our elopement the most magical day one could have hoped for. We gave her a ridiculously short timeline of 3 weeks to plan a pandemic - friendly backyard elopement for 10 guests and the result was absolutely perfect.

Prior to the event:
    Smooth as Butter thought of everything for us. And I mean EVERYTHING. All we had to do was give them a few directions on how we envisioned our day to go and let their creativity run free! A couple of planning sessions ironed out the details and we had nothing to worry about.

Candace and her team came to our backyard to set up the event. The process was clean, fast, well planned and professional. Nothing was forgotten or half done.

During the event:

Event flow: Candace ensured our event cadence was seamless. Her subtle guidance helped our guests flow through the day without hesitation! All guests - from our loudest party animal friend to my quiet, serene parents - felt welcome and comfortable to enjoy the moment at their own pace. Isn't that what every couple expects from their wedding? It wouldn't have happened without Smooth as Butter.

Photo & Video: Smooth as Butter's video and photography peeps did an incredible job! We're still waiting on the final products and WE CAN'T WAIT. It was the perfect balance of getting enough pictures and still enjoying every moment of the event with our guests - once again, exactly what we asked for! Did I mention they brought a Polaroid and snapped the best candids with it?

Officiating: From a simple questionnaire we answered a week before our elopement, Candace crafted a lighthearted and beautiful speech to officiate our union. She observed the traditions we wanted to incorporate and brought so much of our personality to this beautiful moment. There wasn't a set of dry eyes among us.

Post event:

The following day, the Smooth as Butter crew came over to disassemble our setup and once again, they were as efficient as can be. Together we found new homes to almost all of our flower arrangements and leftover beverages.

TL;DR: If you believe in hiring talented people to bring you the best custom experiences, full of charm and personality, Smooth as Butter is for you.
    Rachel J. Married on 11/22/2020

Wedding coordinator

Candace turned my wedding into a fairytale. Being so busy with school before my wedding, it was difficult for me to plan things. She took care of everything for me and went above and beyond my expectations. She possesses superior creativity and provided beautiful elements to my wedding I could have never dreamed of. I could not recommend her enough and I definitely could not have planned my wedding without her. She is truly a wedding coordinator fairy godmother!
    Laurie M. Married on 11/21/2020

Truly the BEST wedding coordinator

Candace and her team were truly amazing. We could not have survived without them!! They made the whole process so easy and so wonderful. Everything was planned and executed to perfection we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect wedding. The whole process was stress free and so fun! Candace made our design dreams come true and all the logistics of the day went so smoothly. She also made sure we were able to enjoy our day, the food, drinks, and our cake. The videographer services were also absolutely impeccable!! Our wedding video turned out so beautiful.
  • Susan
    Susan G. Married on 11/06/2020

Lake Rabun Wedding

To the Butter team, Thank you so much for making our wedding day so smooth! Ellen, thanks for all the recommendations. Kate, thanks so much for responding to my texts right away and making me feel calm about everything. Candace, thank you for making sure everything ran together perfect on the big day! You really made everything "smooth as butter"!
  • ARIEL
    Ariel W. Married on 10/04/2020

My favorite of the day!

Candace, Candace, that woman is amazing. Right after our initial phone conversation, I knew I had to hire her. It's hard for me to give up control but I had no issues with her. My day was truly perfect with her help. If something went wrong, I still don't know about it. Also, loved her sense of fashion! You go girl!
    Mford1187@Gmail.com Married on 09/12/2020

Hire Smooth as Butter!

Candace and Caroline literally saved my sanity while planning a wedding in 2020. They went above and beyond to help my fiancé and I think of new options as Covid posed hurdle after hurdle. Our day ended up being more than I dreamed of and I felt such at peace because I knew they would take care of every little detail...and they absolutely did! My fiancé and I couldn’t think of one thing that went wrong after the fact. Hire smooth as butter, look no further!
  • Brittney
    Brittney M. Married on 09/04/2020

One word, amazing!

I hired Candace as my day of coordinator for my wedding, and it was the best decision I ever made! Her and her team were so thorough, attentive and just all around awesome! I started working with Candace about a month out from the wedding day, and she took so much stress off of me as an bride. She handled the coordination of all vendors, the wedding rehearsal and just all the small details that brides normally stress about. I highly recommend Smooth as Butter for all your wedding needs. You won’t be disappointed!
  • Sumaira
    Sumaira L. Married on 08/05/2020

Elopement wedding

We were so worried about having our wedding in the middle of a pandemic. We worked with such an amazing team and everything was PERFECT!!! They all were very accommodating and answered all of my 50000 questions on how my big day was going to go. I will be forever grateful to smooth as butter for making my day simply PERFECT. And it really was as smooth as butter. ❤️
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message