Smolak Farms Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Lauren
    Lauren O. Married on 11/30/2021

Excellent!

Smolak Farms was a wonderful and whimsical option for our annual client appreciation event. It was incredibly well executed and the team couldn't have been easier to work with! This event has been a home run and something our clients look forward to each year.

Ashley Piazza and her team are pros!!
    Michelle S. Married on 10/09/2021

Gorgeous Venue

We had our wedding at Smolak Farms on 10/02/2021 and it was absolutely gorgeous. Ashley is wonderful and so easy to work with and the whole venue looked so much better than i could have ever even hope for. Our guests raved about how pretty everything was and how well set up it was. Couldn't recommend them anymore!

Smolak Farms's reply:

Hi Michelle! Thank you SO much for the kind words and great review! So sweet. You and Turner (TJ) were so wonderful to work with and your families and your friends were amazing, too! Your wedding was my pleasure. I can't wait to see your pictures! Please come see me whenever you are back at the farm. Congratulations and best wishes!
  • Joy
    Joy Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect Outdoor Ceremony and Venue Site

We were married on 10/19/19 at Smolak Farms and could not be happier with the entire experience. From the first day we met Ashley we felt like we made a new friend and could trust her to make our day perfect. She was very flexible, gave great advice when we needed it, and along with Meg and the rest of her team, took care of us from the first part of planning through the end of our reception and beyond. They also did an amazing job decorating for the ceremony and reception. Everything was exactly as we had hoped it would, beautiful, cozy, perfect! Thank you Ashley and Meg for giving us the best day of our lives!

Hi Joy and Mike!!!!
    Wow!!!! Thank you SO much for the great review! We all loved working with you both and I miss you already! It's strange not talking to you or you not coming by! I hope you guys have a great holiday season as newly weds and that you come by to say hi every now and again! Thanks again for the kind words. It was Our pleasure to host your most special and beautiful day :)
    Lafayette Married on 10/12/2019

Expert, professional event planners

We had a fantastic experience with Smolak. Ashley and her team are consummate professionals who ensured that the event went off without a hitch. We were consistently impressed by the hard working Smolak team, and of course the venue is gorgeous. The one thing to note is that you should make sure your DJ is aware that he has to use Smolaks sound system - some DJs get upset about that. However, when we ran into that problem, Ashley very quickly helped us to find another DJ who did an awesome job (DJ Thrilla, who I also highly recommend). No big event is going to go completely smoothly - but you want a team that’s got the experience and the professionalism to handle anything that happens. Ashley, Meg, and the Smolak staff exemplified that attitude and we were SO lucky to have them on our team throughout the wedding planning process and the day-of.

Hi Rose!
    Thank you for the great review and kind words! I absolutely loved working with you and Brian, your mom too! You guys were fun, organized, and reasonable (unlike some DJ's - haha!). When you are visiting from DC I hope you will stop by to say hello. I would love to see you. If you want to share your pictures I would be thrilled to see them. Thanks again and I wish you the best!
    ~Ashley
  • Jenny
    Jenny Married on 09/07/2019

10x Better Than I Expected

My husband and I just threw a post-elopement party with ~100 of our closest friends and family at Smolak Farms. This place is unbelievably beautiful - it's like your own rustic forest oasis. The outdoor tent and area is in its own little cove on the farm, making it extremely private. Walking up to the venue, I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the tent, tables/chairs, bar area, and all of the extra little decorations (christmas lights, lanterns, flowers, lawn games, etc.) that I didn't expect to be included. It was above and beyond what I dreamed of.

On top of that, Ashley and her staff were so easy to work with. We communicated over phone and email, her responses always timely and thorough. My husband and I live in California, so we planned the entire event remote and didn't see the venue until we arrived the day of the party. I think it says a lot about a venue if they can help you do that, and make you feel confident about how things will run the day of.

The environment, service, and quality of the venue FAR exceeds what you'll pay. You will not regret booking with Smolak! (and be sure to get the cider donuts)

Hi Jenny!
    Wow!!!! Thank you SO much for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the entire process! My staff raved about how nice you and your friends/family were. Please stay in touch and come say hello whenever you are back in the area! I promise to always have cider donuts for you. We would also love if you would share any pictures you may have. Thanks, again, Jenny. We wish you all the best!
    ~Ashley & the Smolak Farms Event Team
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 08/31/2019

Dream come true venue for a rustic wedding with modern amenities. The best day of our lives!

We are so happy we chose Smolak for our venue. Ashley and her team were amazing to work with. We looked at several venues (NH/CT/MA), and this was the first one we found that had the rustic components we were looking for paired with modern amenities (indoor plumbing, fully paved/smooth dance floor, etc.). After meeting and walking the grounds with Ashley we knew with confidence that this was our venue. We decided to host our rehearsal dinner in the barn as well. The catering team that Ashley suggested we work with (Vinwood Caterers) did an amazing job on both rehearsal and wedding dinner meals. Our own wedding decorations were integrated seamlessly, and many of our guests commented that our personal touches added to an already beautiful venue. There are trying times throughout the wedding planning process and we can't stress enough how much better we felt after meeting with Ashley to go over final but important details (coordinating the vendors, order of events). We left her office confident that everything was fully taken care of. Our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all went smoothly and we were blown away by how well the decorations all came together in the space. This farm will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Smolak Farms's reply:

Hi Sara & Brian! Thank you SO much for the great review and your amazing words! You guys were so fun, so great, and so easy to work with! Your wedding was stunningly beautiful and a direct result of your planning and vision. I'm glad we were able to make it a reality for you! That's always our plan :) Please keep in touch and come say Hi whenever you are in the area! Thanks again!
  • F
    Frank D. Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing Venue and Staff

Ashley & Lisa were amazing to work with for our special evening. The entire staff made everything wonderful and all our guests had an incredible time

Smolak Farms's reply:

Thank you very much, Frank & Lisa! You both were so easy to work with, it was our distinct pleasure. Please come say hello whenever you are back visiting the farm! Congratulations and Best Wishes for a happy, healthy marriage!!!
  • Leslie
    Leslie A. Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend!!

We are so happy we chose Smolak!! After looking at several out of state venues, my fiancé and I thought we’d check out Smolak and are so glad we did. We were looking for an outdoor, summer venue for a less formal, intimate wedding. When we met with Ashley, she gave us immediate confidence that she and her team would be reliable and would help us make our vision for the day a reality. And they went above and beyond! Ashley and her staff were very responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process. The event manager Elaine was with us through the rehearsal and the night of the wedding, and was absolutely amazing taking charge of the setup and making sure the ceremony and evening flowed smoothly. My fiance and I were able to completely relax and enjoy the evening, knowing the Smolak staff had everything under control. The venue made for a beautiful summer night, and the lawn games, tiki torches, and fire pit created such a fun atmosphere. We weren't sure about working with Smolak's required vendors, but were so pleased with David’s Catering and are still receiving comments, 3 weeks later, about how good the food was. The farm will forever hold a very special place in our hearts.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 06/29/2019

The second best choice I’ve made, first being my husband !

I don’t even know where to begin! I went through nine months of pregnancy trying to plan the wedding of my dreams all while also taking care of three other small children. Ashley Piazza their head wedding/events coordinator was there with me every step of the way. She could not have been more helpful, informative and professional. But also she got to know me and my family and really understood what I was looking for out of my special day and went above and beyond to ensure I had nothing less. The day of the wedding Elaine allowed me to wait right up to my ceremony time to see if a rain storm would end , WHICH IT DID! Right in the knock of time. Her and her staff quickly brought guests back up to the pergola and wiped down the seats. The whole night she checked in with me, and honestly made sure everything ran smoothly with out a single bump! I enjoy every second of my wedding due to the flawless coordination of Elaine and her staff! The decor was more than I could have asked for and set up perfectly. They even used some of their own farm props! The sparkler send off which can be tricky was also handled flawlessly. I can not recommend the staff and location enough! I go to smolak farm with my family frequently through our the year. To now have it hold even more meaning, we can’t wait for some anniversary cider donuts next year ❤️❤️
  • Marian
    Marian Married on 10/27/2018

Smolak Farms Made Dreams Come True

Last but not least, Smolak Farms will forever hold a special place in our hearts. Growing up down the street, I had always dreamed to get married at the farm. From day one to crunch time, Ashley Piazza was a stellar coordinator and brought this dream to life. She has impeccable taste and the experience that it takes to help you strategize every detail. She recommends the very best vendors, has a plan for every contingency, and ensures that you will never feel stressed. At the very last minutes she performed miracles that saved the night. The weather could not have made things more difficult for the staff that day, between power outages and ponchos, extreme winds, you name it... they absolutely blew our minds with their fun loving attitude and made sure that the entire day went smoothly! They drove us around the farm in their own cars to keep us dry, managed to secure space in the barn (even with a kids' birthday party upstairs!!) for our first look photos, served us coffee and cider donuts, kept us warm in the bridal suite, and ensured that not a single one of us felt the stress that came with having to work magic when weather misbehaves! The storm didn't stand a chance. Inside that tent, none of it mattered. For so long I had envisioned walking through the gorgeous apple trees to the pergola at their orchard ceremony site. Little did I know that they would create a ceremony for us inside the tent, that was just as gorgeous. We ended up having such a spontaneously magical setting that was absolutely perfect, and all of our expectations were far surpassed. In addition to being some of the kindest, most wonderful people to work with, the pies, donuts, and ice cream were to-die-for. We will never forget cutting our pie together, and guests raved about the selection and their legendary donuts were a favorite treat as always. I was so excited that our friends from out of town could experience fall treats at Smolak! They are still raving. We are so grateful for the Smolak Farms crew and look forward to a lifetime of apple picking, anniversary pies, and hayrides. We love you!!!

Hi Marian!
    Thank you SOOOO much for the great review!!! A Nor'easter in October is certainly memorable but to have an outside ceremony and a tented reception during one, that's another story! I'm so glad we were able to pull it off for you and, more importantly, that we met your expectations and you were happy on your wedding day. You, Mike, and your families couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating despite the fierce cold, whipping wind, and torrential rains. It was one for the record books, for sure! Thank you again for the wonderful words about my staff: Manager Elaine, Colleen, Lauren, and Laura. They are truly the best.
    Lindsay Married on 10/20/2018

Best Farm wedding 💚

Smolak Farms is amazing!!! I 100% recommend this venue!!! The staff is awesome and sooooo helpful!!! Beautiful scenery and atmosphere 😀

Hi Lindsay!
    Thank you so much for the kind words. It was our distinct pleasure to host your wedding here at the farm. It was so great to work to work with you and Robbie!!! My staff and all of our vendors felt the same way. Please stop by to say hello whenever you are in the neighborhood. I wish you the best!
    ~Ashley
    Michael Married on 10/07/2018

Weather couldn't stop Smolak from delivering!!

Ashley, Lisa and their crew were miracle makers. We were dealing with sun, rain, sun, rain and they were all over it. From ensuring that our photoshoot went without issue to going back and forth between the tent and the pergola because of the scattered rain, they helped keep us at ease and the vent on schedule. What we got was a wedding that was beyond what we could have dreamed of. You are in good hands with Ashley and Lisa. Also, the apple cider donuts are great and the apple cider caramel donut ice cream may have been the attraction of the evening.
    Becky Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful and Professional

We had our wedding at Smolak Farms in early October 2018 and it was absolutely perfect. Ashley was great to work with for everything leading up to the day. She was professional and had all the angles covered. We had to go off list for mist of our vendors, but Ashley worked with them to help them to understand the lay of the land. They were accommodating to all of our quirky requests. They run a tight ship, which makes everything run very smoothly, and as long as you understand that this is a working farm in a residential neighborhood, it’s a beautiful and amazing venue to have a New England fall wedding.
  • Larissa
    Larissa D. Married on 09/22/2018

Dream Come True

I am at a bit of a loss on how to fully express my gratitude to Ashley and Smolak Farms. My wedding day turned out to be more than I could have ever imagined. Ashley is smart, experienced, kind, attentive and fair. The venue itself has so much to offer that you pretty much just decide on details. Everything about the venue was rustic, lovely and I received a ton of compliments on how instagram/pinterest perfect it was. Smolak Farms is worth every penny. PS - Forego a wedding cake and get their cider donuts, you won't regret it and your guests will thank you for the best donuts they'll ever have.
    Katelynn Married on 08/08/2018

Perfect Venue for Any Event

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Smolak Farms in North Andover. I highly recommend holding any event at Smolak Farms. It’s a beautiful venue that can hold large or small events that are rustic, elegant, or anything in between. Ashley, the director of events, was great to work with. She is patient, thorough, and professional. Our wedding reception ran smoothly and our guests had a great time. I can’t thank Smolak Farms enough!
    Jaimee Married on 05/19/2018
    As a kid I went on field trips to Smolak Farms and so it felt nostalgic to me to come back as an adult. It rained on our wedding day 5-19-18 so we had the ceremony inside the tent instead of outside at the pergola, but it was lovely. Ashley was very responsive to me in planning the event but was not present the day of, which was totally fine because Lisa seamlessly picked up the thread the day of and kept us on timeline. The wedding went by so quickly! The bridal suite stocked with fresh lemon water, beer and wine which was appreciated upon arrival. I found all staff to be calm, excited, and present. The vendors approved here are limited, as there is no kitchen, but we were very happy with Butlers and Bars and Littleneck Clam Bake Co. Dessert included apple cider donuts from the farm which everyone raved about. The tent was a lifesaver and kept everyone warm and dry while we danced the night away on the patio flooring! I would highly recommend Smolak Farms!
    Meredith Married on 10/21/2017
    I can't rave enough about how incredible of a venue Smolak Farms was for our wedding day! Between the setting/scenery, the staff, and the incredible vendor referrals they gave us, it was everything we had hoped for and more.

My husband and I had been going to Smolak Farms for years to pick apples & pumpkins in the Fall so we already adored the setting, but seeing it "all dressed up" for our wedding was absolutely amazing! I felt like I was in a dream!

We worked with Ashley Piazza leading up to our wedding and she helped us with every single little detail, which was especially helpful since I was a clueless bride and didn't know where to even start. She gave solid, honest advice that not only came from an Events Director's perspective, but also from the eyes of someone who is working "behind-the-scenes" from the kitchen to wait staff to bar staff -- because she's had experience in all of those. It made me super confident that with her knowledge and background, the day would be executed perfectly and there would be no hiccups along the way. And I was correct!

From the time we arrived on property the day of, everything we had dropped off the day before in the way of decor and personal accents (which was A LOT of stuff!) was setup perfectly to our request and even more beautiful than we had imagined because of how the staff had executed.

Ashley was super attentive throughout the whole night, without being overbearing, and the Smolak staff members were INCREDIBLE! They were friendly, assertive, and "always there" without feeling like they were hovering. As our evening ended, our photographers had already left and one of the staff members (Colleen) was kind enough to take pictures of husband and I leaving the property through a sparkler exit. She said she knew our photog had left and "thought we would like to have that moment captured" -- how thoughtful!!

I would absolutely recommend Smolak & would do my wedding again there if I could!!
    Heather Married on 10/07/2017
    I loved having my wedding here. Ashley really made it less nerve racking for us. She always got back to us right away and helped make the wedding planning process easy. Smolak is a wonderful place to get married. I had an amazing time and have only heard great things from my guests.
    Jennifer Married on 05/20/2017
    Absolutely amazing!!! I got married at Smolak Farms last weekend and I had to write a review as soon as possible! My whole experience with Ashley and her team has been amazing and seamless. My husband and I were engaged for 7 months and from start to finish Ashley has been accessible, communicative and super flexible. The actual day went by without any glitches and I didn't feel like I had to stress out about any decorations or logistics. It was all in their very capable hands! The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL. Guests loved the food from Little Neck, which is one of their preferred vendors and we also opted for the Smolak pies, which everyone raved about. Truly, a wonderful experience and I'd highly recommend. Thank you Ashley and team!!!
    Jess Married on 09/16/2016
    Wow, I don't even know where to begin. Our wedding at Smolak Farms was on September 16th and it was an absolute dream come true! We booked our venue in 2014 and worked with Ashley as our main point of contact. She was AMAZING, made everything feel easy and stress-free. The team was great, they did an awesome job with setting up all the decor I brought to them the night of our rehearsal. We used the barn for the cocktail hour which I highly suggest (it is optional and an additional cost and worth every penny!). The lights in the barn were breath taking and everyone had such a good time. We had corn hole and other games set up during cocktail hour and over by the tent reception as well as the firepit with smores for guests. Everyone seriously had such a fun time, danced all night and everything went smoothly! I couldn't thank the Smolak staff enough for making our day absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful - especially for the fall. The apple trees were in full bloom and the pictures came out great!
    Catie Married on 07/30/2016
    Smolak farms was an incredible venue for our July wedding! I have been to the farm many times but my husband was new to the farm. We both found the farm charming, fun and flexible. We can not say enough wonderful things about Ashley, Harmony and the team at Smolak Farms. The grounds are beautiful and the team went above and beyond to make our wishes come true. This included a very memorable enterance on an old tractor. It was magical and fun! The farm was hands on, supportive and all around wonderful. We served cider donuts as guest arrived- a huge huge hit! Guests played lawn games in the pine grove as we took pictures in the barn. We had smores as favors and had a beautiful fire pit for guest to enjoy throughout the night. It was the best! The farm provided us with a beautiful setting and lots of options to help us make this the best day ever. Guest were very impressed and we were so pleased with Smolak.

Amazing wedding venue!
    Amethyst Married on 10/31/2015
    Absolutely LOVED our wedding! Ashley was so great at working around our limited time schedule, and low budget, all while giving us an AMAZING wedding!
  • User2392933 2+ years ago
    I have been coming to Smolak Farms since I was a kid and I may be biased, but I think they have the best apple cider donuts in the world. I reached out to the Farm Stand about using their donuts as favors for my wedding this past Fall and it was one of the best decisions I could have made. Mary Stewart is the Farm Stand manager and she is lovely and a breeze to work with. I live out of state so almost all of the planning was coordinated by email and phone. They have many favor options (donuts, donut holes, other farm stand goods) and they will package them for you for a small fee. I had a personalized sticker made and they were able to accommodate that on the packaging. They also have a local delivery option if you can't make it to the farm on the day of your wedding to pick them up. The favors turned out perfectly: the packaging was beautiful and elegant and the donuts were DELICIOUS as usual. I'm still getting messages from wedding guests about how great of an idea it was. And it was all very reasonably priced. If you're looking for fun, delicious wedding favors that you your guests will love, I highly recommend you consider Smolak.
    Auburn Married on 09/06/2015
    The staff at Smolak were incredible and helped us on every step of our journey toward our wedding day. Its a gorgeous venue and we will never forget that day.
  • User2540147 2+ years ago
    Everyone on the Smolak Farms team made our wedding day a dream come true. Ashley, our main contact, was incredibly supportive and responsive from start to finish. The venue itself is incredible. The apple orchards were in full bloom and the farm was the perfect backdrop for our families and friends to gather. There were many fun amenities, such as the lawn games, fire pit, hay rides, cider donuts, and a gorgeous gazebo. Smolak Farms was exactly what we were looking for...a beautiful rustic environment for our dream wedding.