Smithfield Center Reviews

34 | Smithfield, VA

34 Reviews for Smithfield Center

• User2336225 ·

My reception was at Smithfield Center and I LOVED it. The first time I took a tour I knew I wanted my wedding there. The reception room has a deck on the back overlooking the water that is beautiful and it is very spacious. You can choose to have your ceremony on the deck but I chose to have it at Windsor Castle Park which is only a mile from the center and you also reserve that through the Smithfield Center. I worked with Amy and she was so easy to work with and always put my mind at ease with all my concerns. I highly recommend the Smithfield Center and Windsor Castle Park especially if you are having a rustic wedding : )

Sent on 12/09/2014

Mallory · Married on 10/02/2017

Smithfield Center made our wedding day perfect! They provided a space for my bridesmaids and I to get dressed, they set up a room in case it rained (even though there was no rain in sight), and they had all of the tables and chairs ready to use on sight with no extra charge! We really couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. The back deck, where we got married, is large and has a beautiful view, and I loved that everything was all on one level, so that the older members of our families felt like they could easily move around. Smithfield Center did a great job at keeping in touch with me in the months before the wedding, and they were always so willing to answer any questions that I had, no matter how silly they may have seemed. I really cannot express how perfect Smithfield Center made our wedding day; I highly recommend them for your special day.

Sent on 10/14/2017
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 09/02/2017

We had our wedding at The Smithfield Center two weeks ago and could not have picked a better venue for our needs. From the beginning, Courtney was extremely responsive and helpful in answering questions about our event. As the event got closer, Courtney and Amy were more than accommodating and truly went above and beyond. We are so thankful for their efficiency, especially as plans for the ceremony changed the day of due to rain. The venue was the perfect size and fit for a wedding of 175 guests, but also felt extremely intimate. The set up was perfect upon our arrival and Calvin was a great day of help. We loved it and would recommend to anyone! The

Sent on 09/13/2017

Very beautiful place, everyone there was very friendly and nice. Great place for your money. I would recommend this place to anyone. Every who came to my wedding loved the place and said it was beautiful.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Erica · Married on 07/02/2016

The Smithfield Center is the perfect example of how you can have a smaller budget and still have an amazing and beautiful wedding! We had our ceremony outside on the deck and the reception inside. The Center staff are very kind, responsive and help make you feel at ease about the wedding details. The Center has all the basics you need but allows you to make your day special and unique by being very flexible with what you can do. We did use one of the preferred vendors Country Boys BBQ for our catering who was also absolutely the best! We even had our first look pictures completed at Windsor Castle which is also run through the Smithfield Center that has beautiful barns to take pictures at as well as is on the water. Everything about the Smithfield Center was wonderful and I would recommend it to any one who wants to have their wedding at a worry free, beautiful and low cost venue!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Brittan · Married on 09/19/2015

The center was amazing and made my dreams come true

Sent on 09/27/2015

Laurie · Married on 06/20/2015

Perfect location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room looked absolutely amazing when decorated. Highly recommend. Make sure to book early, because they fill up fast!

Sent on 08/25/2015
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/14/2015

This was the absolute perfect wedding/reception venue!! Everything was as promised and done right! I would VERY highly recommend The Smithfield Center to anyone that wants a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Abi · Married on 09/20/2014

Beautiful. Affordable. Professional staff.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Kristin · Married on 09/13/2014

The Smithfield Center was absolutely amazing as our venue for our wedding and reception! The staff was accommodating and helpful, the venue itself was perfect with a backup plan in case it rained (and it did!). We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with and a more beautiful venue. It was truly the most wonderful day of our lives and holding our special day at the Smithfield Center was the best decision we could have made! Using their preferred vendors list made planning so easy. If you live in the Hampton Roads area and need a venue for a wedding or any other special event, Smithfield Station is the way to go. :)

Sent on 10/22/2014

Kayla · Married on 06/08/2014

The Smithfield Center was recently the location of my daughter's wedding reception. What a beautiful place! Courtney at the center is wonderful to work with. She answered all my questions, sometimes before I even had a chance to ask them. She stayed in constant contact with me through email and was even able to help me out by recommending a couple of vendors when I had some difficulty with the ones I had chosen. Thank you so much to Courtney & the staff at The Smithfield Center for being a part of my daughter's special day and for all your help that made it such a huge success.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Melanie · Married on 11/16/2013

We selected the Smithfield Center for several reasons. Not only does the venue have a spacious indoor area for the reception, the large deck area, and the additional side rooms to use in case of inclement weather if you are planning an outdoor ceremony but the venue itself is beautiful. Another thing that is great about Smithfield Center is all of the things like chairs and tables that are included and the fact that you can use your own vendors for catering, bar, DJ, etc. This allowed me save a lot of money when planning the wedding. I had looked at a lot of venues and I am so glad that I found the Smithfield and decided to have my wedding here. It was an amazing day and staff there was always extremely helpful whenever I needed anything. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a beautiful place for a wedding and reception to look here!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Geoffrey · Married on 05/25/2013

My wife and worked with Courtney and she was fantastic throughout the whole process. Our night went off without a hitch. All of our guests left impressed with the Smithfield Center.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2012

My husband and I really enjoyed This location, and the prices are great for anyone on a budget. I would definitely book with this venue again.

Sent on 08/27/2012
  • I

ivy · Married on 06/17/2012

The venue was great! It is beautiful with great pricing. The staff was awesome!

Sent on 08/25/2012

The renovations are absolutely beautiful and we are very pleased that we picked this location for our wedding and reception. Courtney was always very helpful and the day went perfectly :)

Sent on 08/15/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 04/14/2012

I am so incredibly pleased with my wedding reception that was held at the Smithfield Center. We began planning a year and a half before our wedding, but the staff made us feel so important from day 1. They were accommodating, affordable, and the venue has undergone some awesome updates! I am so thankful that I found this venue, because it made my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/02/2011

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the fresh new look and warming feel of the Center. It really set the atmosphere. The space was definitely what we needed as we used every bit of the center from the main hall and suites, kitchen, and deck. The staff was fully accomodating to our every desire. It was the perfect location for our reception.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2011

The Smithfield center was amazing! My wedding was suppose to be on the beach, however due to the weather I was unable to. The center allowed us to make our own beach within the hall!

Sent on 08/15/2012
  • I

INDA · Married on 08/01/2011

My August wedding was a beautiful at The Smithfield Center. The staff was attentive and flexible. The venue is beautiful and you get quite a bang for the buck. Two thumbs up!!!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Tasha · Married on 09/07/2013

The Center is beautiful in so many ways. There is so many things you can do with this place to fit your theme or type of service you are needing. The main hall is neutral colors it just goes with anything! It's large and simple and easy to make it your own style work. I have seen a few weddings here and none have looked the same. They worked with us every time we needed them too. considering we live right outside of Smithfield the ladies helped me and worked with me on anything I needed! Awesome place and awesome staff!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Better than abz and the customer service is superb

Sent on 08/22/2012

Amber · Married on 07/19/2014

The center was incredible and I could not have imagined by ceremony and reception anywhere else. We got married on the deck, and it was so scenic with the water behind us. The center is very spacious and comfortably fit over 150 people.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2011

We rented Windsor Castle Park for our wedding location and reception venue. We were looking for a non-traditional outside venue on the water and this location was perfect. The barns and the river make for a perfect backdrop. We had 175 guests, which was larger than any previous wedding hosted at this location but the space was more than accommodating. There are some unique considerations with this venue, including needing to provide almost everything (tables, tent, dance floor, restroom trailers, lighting, etc.) but since the venue rental fee is so reasonable, renting all these items were possible. Our guests still talk about the setting. And Amy and her crew were so easy to work with. One drawback- because you are on the water, our reception had to be completely over by 10:00 p.m.

Sent on 08/22/2012