Small Chef At Large Catering Reviews

31 Reviews for Small Chef At Large Catering

• Sheri

Sheri B. · Married on 05/29/2021

Great Food, Great service

We hired Small Chef at Large for our daughters destination wedding in Key West, and Jennifer's pulled pork and sweet and sour chicken was a hit, all the guest loved it! Jennifer worked with us, was very helpful in making the perfect menu, and the price was right for our small venue. I would definitely recommend her for any occasion!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Ron A. · Married on 03/05/2021

Not a Wedding But Trying Times Due to Covid! Versatility For Sure!

During these trying times it’s so great to know that there are awesome options to cooking at home. If you’re lucky enough to live in Key West, Jennifer Cornell, Small Chef At Large, offers a weekly menu that she not only creates but delivers!

This week it was Shepherds Pie! And Jennifer never disappoints!!

Shepherds Pie, spicy cucumber salad, yellow pepper bisque and apple pie for dessert.

We tried to be civil about it but, once we opened our packages, there was no going back - We made pigs of ourselves!

Sent on 05/15/2020
  • Tatia

Tatia G. · Married on 07/11/2020

Small Chef at Large

We booked a boat for a 6 day voyage and hired Jen from Small Chef at Large as our chef. Bad weather ruined our plans and Jen came to the rescue in a big way. We were stuck at the marina for four days and she made us delicious meals that were beautifully presented (both on and at 2 locations off the ship). She fed us during a rough sail, made wonderful snacks and drinks, and even provided accommodations when we sought to escape worse conditions and get a head start toward home. She was the absolute bright spot in a trip that was otherwise very disappointing. Our investment in this private chef was money well spent!

Sent on 11/08/2020

Jane T. · Married on 05/05/2020

Delicious and Delightful

I had the good fortune to get one of Jennifer’s AMAZING chicken pot pies during this time of “safer at home” self- isolating. Talk about the time for comfort food, elevated! Her’s is above and beyond with rich flavor, perfect consistency, and simply delightful touches with decorative dough. And bonus baclava! A+++

Sent on 05/06/2020
  • Scott

Scott J. · Married on 04/07/2020

Amazing to the Max!

Our group hired Chef Jennifer from Small Chef At Large for four nights of our June/July Keys vacation and we were beyond pleased with her communication and professionalism and the quality, presentation, and taste of the food.

Chef presented us with many, many menu options and we had a hard time choosing our meals because everything looked so good. For the main courses, we ultimately decided on crab cakes, jerk chicken, prime rib, pesto shrimp, macadamia crusted grouper, and surf and turf as the main entrees. The first three dinners were delivered and set up by Chef Jennifer and the presentation was exquisite. Fresh flowers and palm fronds served as the table cloth and fresh flowers adorned every dish. The serving pieces were Key West appropriate - very colorful and the designs were true to the locale. Our last meal, surf and turf, was cooked at our rental house that night and we had a full service. Chef Jennifer and "E" were perfection personified. They were very attentive, pleasant, and friendly and we couldn't have asked for two better people.

For the dinners, appetizers and side dishes included bacon wrapped scallops, coconut rice, oysters with fennel and spinach, mixed greens with avocado, baked brie, and more. For dessert, Chef made Key Lime cheesecake with raspberries, a flourless chocolate cake with blackberries and mint, and a Key Lime pie. Chef also prepared lunch meals for us including chicken salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, and a few different kinds of wraps.

Every bite...EVERY...SINGLE...BITE was delicious and we highly recommend Chef Jennifer and her staff at Small Chef At Large for larger or intimate gatherings.

Thank you, Chef and E, for helping to make our vacation so memorable...and delicious.

Sent on 07/04/2020
  • Kelli

Kelli W. · Married on 03/14/2020

The BEST Experience

We went fishing and had Jennifer come over to our rental while down here to cook our catch multiple ways, as well as throw her spin on the rest of the meal. Everything was just perfection! Delicious food, great personality, and the best experience. We will definitely be reaching out next time we’re down here in key west.
    Jennifer thank you for going above and beyond!! Until next time...

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Greg

Greg D. · Married on 08/17/2019

Very professional job

Small Chef At Large catered my recent birthday gathering for family and friends. Awesome menu with great choices, everyone raved about the food and selection. A very professional operation from setup to clean up, no worries. I was able to relax and enjoy the evening.
    Thank you Jennifer.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Mike

Mike N. · Married on 05/03/2019

Mike and Mary Nispuruk Sonoma Ca.

Jennifer catered a rehearsal dinner event for our son's wedding in Key West. Her attention to detail was obvious, her food exquisite, and her intuition invaluable. She is very good at what she does, and made everyone comfortable in her presentation. She didn't just do everything right, she went above and beyond, and made sure that everyone present had personal attention as a side dish to her magnificent food. We would highly recommend her and her staff for any event. Thank you Jennifer!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Leslie · Married on 11/02/2017

Had a vow renewal ceremony with about 30 folks and decided to have it catered at the last minute. Jennifer was awesome! The food was incredible and beautiful! She was punctual and professional and accommodating with less than 34 hour notice! Best of all the price was doable! We will definitely use her again and have already been telling everyone how fabulous she and her food are!! Thanks!!!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Milita · Married on 07/25/2017

If you want fabulous food brought to your door step, this is the gig for you! Jennifer Cornell is classy and sassy! She can whip up a four course dinner with classic favorites or engage your palate with a sumptuous brunch that is finger licking good! Don't miss out on this one of a kind catering she will blow you away by her talent .

Sent on 08/08/2017

Rosalee · event on: 03/17/2017

Thank you, Jennifer, for providing trays of wonderful appetizers for my St. Patrick's Day party. Guests raved about the delicious variety and artistic presentation! The "eye eats first" and no one went away hungry.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Terri · Married on 12/17/2016

We used Small Chef at Large catering for our wedding reception this past Saturday night. I cannot say enough positive things about the level of service we received. From my initial inquiry on the website to the very last minute of them being at the venue they provided us “world class service”. The Owner Jennifer Cornell, was the first to reach out to me after my inquiry and contacted me with 1 business day. She completely understood our vision of the event and worked diligently to accomplish everything we imagined! Jennifer was organized, communicative, and detailed with each step. That special day - the event staff members, Kate and Lola were outstanding! Words cannot describe the level of service and care we received!
    We did a Bistro cocktail style so our menu, so we enjoyed 8 appetizer style foods that were delicious down to the last bite! Each of our guest raved about the wonderful food that we so very much enjoyed!
    Thank you, Small Chef at Large for caring enough to make our reception perfect!!!

Sent on 02/09/2017

Christine · Married on 10/17/2016

Small Chef at Large Catering was Amazing! I used them for my wedding (Oct, 2016) and I would use them again for any event I have in the future. In fact, every vendor with whom I worked asked me who I'd used for my catering services. When I told them Small Chef, they responded with, "Oh, Wow! They are the best caterer in town!" I wholeheartedly agree!

Sent on 01/09/2017
  • User3856819 · event on: 01/25/2014

Jennifer made my birthday party an event to remember. We had over 150 guests at the Truman Little White House. The food and service was spectacular. Everything was "no problem". Jennifer took care of the flowers and decorations and they too were beautiful.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Joy · event on: 12/07/2013

Thanks to Jennifer and the staff for helping to make our 50th Birthday Bash a memorable occasion. The food was fabulous in taste and appearance. I appreciate the flexibility with the menu size and your enthusiasm to help with our "little" party. Even though it was a small order you made my feel like it was just as important to you as it was to us. Thanks again, Joy and Robyn

Sent on 12/08/2013

Kathy · Married on 04/06/2013

Small chef at large catered my wedding last weekend. It could not have been better. Jennifer and her staff were so helpful, friendly, and professional. The Caribbean dinner was delicious especially the Maui Maui with shrimp mango coconut crust. She also did this incredible fruit and cheese table with beautiful flowers and amazing cheeses that she makes herself. Jennifers key lime tarts with kiwi palm trees were delicious and so cute. my guests loved them. the whole night was pulled off perfectly and small chef at large catering had a huge part of it. Thank you Jennifer and your staff especially Sarah.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Jennifer and her staff went above and beyond for my wedding. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Many Thanks!!!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Susan · Married on 11/10/2012

Jennifer and her staff were nothing but professional,freindly and excellent in presentation and quality. I would strongly reccomend them to everyone. Loved the Key Lime Wedding Cake!!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Tamiko · Married on 02/25/2012

We loved Jennifer’s work! She made our large party fit in a tight venue without being crowded. She placed our orchids, goofy table settings and wedding favors out & made a lovely presentation out of my jumbled ideas. Her menu juggled vegetarian/non-vegetarian options for our guests, added local flavor AND we had individual key lime tarts that were to die for! We even got a key lime wedding cake for us that was both delicious and beautiful. Our food was wonderful. The Small Chef catering staff was fantastic. Our dedicated professional, Michael, well – if I could have kidnapped him & brought him back to Boston I would have! Everyone was lovely, pleasant to work with & helpful. It was a great night they helped make it happen.

Many thanks from Tamiko & Chris

Sent on 03/15/2012

Karen T.

Fantastic evening with friends

Jennifer cooked for our 55th birthday bash. Down from Kansas. What a great way to spend our last evening together relaxing with friends. She cooked a beautiful steak and lobster dinner. Attention paid to every detail.
    Brad and Karen Trees

Sent on 10/11/2019

Mimi · Married on 04/26/2013

Jennifer and Small Chef at Large has catered three parties for me in the last five years. I would NEVER consider using anyone else!
    All my quests look forward to the wonderful food, service and festiveness that Small Chef at Large is known for.
    Jennifer and her staff are knowledgeable, professional and great to work with.
    After a few emails, my parties are planned and all I have to do is greet my quests! Thanks Jennifer for another wonderful event!

Mimi Molden
    Marathon, FL

Sent on 06/04/2013

My wife Cheryl and I were married in a gorgeous ceremony on the ocean in Key West, Florida this past September. The service and atmosphere was second only to the unrivaled and undisputed premier catering service of the Florida Keys, Small Chef at Large catering company, headed by the extremely talented Jennifer Cornell. Ms. Cornell's presentation and selection were the best both Cheryl and I have yet to experience. The price was reasonable, the staff made you feel like family and i could continue forever about the exquisite cuisine served by the Small Chef at Large. In our opinion, there is no other option for catering service in the Florida Keys but Small Chef at Large. On a 1-10, scale, we proudly admit that this was beyond 10 and on a level that simply couldn't be duplicated by another caterer in the area. We recommend Jennifer for any and all catering needs of those in this area as well as those soon to be newlyweds who haven't made that final decision on a caterer. Disappointment is not in Jennifer Cornell's vocabulary.

Sent on 01/10/2017

Jim · Married on 03/25/2016

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Everything was amazing, exquisite and all we'd imagined on our wedding day back in March,2016. We couldn't have asked for the day to be better or more special. Small Chef at Large, Lead Chef Jennifer Cornell and her team of excellent culinary masters did everything in their capability and beyond to ensure that our special day was unforgettable. All of you greatly exceeded our expectations and we will not hesitate at all to recommend your services in the future.

Jim & Kelly

Sent on 01/09/2017

Karen · Married on 04/27/2013

Chef Jennifer and her team were wonderful. Chef Jennifer's easy going personality and the laid back atmosphere of SCAL made the entire team a pleasure with which to work. Occasionally there was a delay in email response which was a minor blip on the radar overall. From the beginning we had specific requests due to many dietary restrictions within the wedding party and guests. We reviewed each menu, picked out what we thought would go well, then sent an email to Chef Jennifer for her to pick out our grouper choice and put together a custom menu. A few weeks later we had to make specific changes due to some additional dietary restrictions and she handled each change with no issue or price change. We asked for a special dessert -- my husband and I both do not eat sugar and did not want a traditional cake -- which turned out beautifully: a heart shaped, sugar free pumpkin pie tart for us and then key lime and chocolate tarts for everyone else. The food was presented well and every bite was delicious (and hot - specifically notated as it was prepared off site). All our guests were impressed with dinner. And if you just can't decide what entree you'd like to have, give Chef Jennifer your options, some thoughts about your tastes and she will pick out a wonderful entree. The grouper option she chose for us was wonderful! We recommend looking into SCAL for your special event in Key West.

Sent on 05/10/2013

Brittany · Married on 11/15/2014

3.0

Recently got married in Key West and I would recommend this catering company to anyone getting married in the area. As people in other comments might have mentioned, the communication isn’t the best, but in the end it all turns out great and exceeds your expectations. The food served was amazing, and guests of mine were asking for the recipe of some items. A word of advice, with any catering company, you need to be thorough on the details (salt and pepper shakers, plates, napkins, etc.). I am detailed and organized so I had no issue with Small Chef at Large and her amazing work on dream wedding.

Sent on 12/04/2014