53 Reviews for Pulse Entertainment

Consultation (6)
One Event Per Day (2)
Disco Ball (1)
Projector (1)

We hired Pulse to provide DJ services for our wedding reception and couldn't have been happier with their service! They kept the music flowing and the dance floor packed for the whole night. They were super responsive to all our messages and worked with us to make sure everything was perfect for the big night! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Kate, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was thrilled with Pulse Entertainment. They were easy to work with, easy to get ahold of, and made my wedding day easy and fun. Even my guests told me what amazing DJs I had.

Profile Picture Mariam, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones

We hired Karl for our wedding ceremony and reception and could not have been happier! He was extremely organized and kept the whole entire day flowing without any issues. Since I have gotten married, I have been to several other weddings and now realize how lucky we were to have had everything go so smoothly. I would definitely recommend this company. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Pulse Entertainment did a wonderful job with our event. They were able to adjust to a few last minute requests which was very much appreciated. Their price was also great for the services it covered. We would absolutely recommend to anyone needing DJ/lighting services.

Profile Picture Isabella , 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Pulse Entertainment was a great choice for us! We worked directly with Karl, the president of the company and he was absolutely fantastic. He was quick to respond and super transparent about all details. Karl was proactive and would check in with us vs. us having to check in with him. He kept us honest regarding time and budget, which was extremely helpful in a time where a million things were going on. Pulse was definitely worth every penny - they had the music selection we wanted and were very collaborative in figuring out a theme. They asked all the right questions and have the experience to back up their thoughts and provide helpful input when crafting the right playlist for your event. If you need a DJ, I highly recommend Pulse Entertainment.

Profile Picture Zane, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where to begin, we got married in April '17 and we reached out to Karl in the Fall of '16. He gladly met us at a Panera to discuss his approach to DJing weddings as well as gather what we were looking for in our DJ. He does not have a "one-size-fits-all" approach which was extremely important to us. He is beyond personable, professional and is extremely skilled at creating a plan/vision, changing/updating it as we would request edits to the playlist etc. graciously. He was one of the best (if not THE best) in regards to corresponding with us, he was very quick and it was always easy to ask questions or make suggestions. His company has done enough weddings that he and his crew know how to avoid problems and pitfalls and was able to make suggestions to us to avoid issues that we never would have foreseen. I had also told him I wanted to sing to my wife but I wanted it to be a surprise. He found the perfect instrumental version of the song I needed, helped me plan the exact right moment to start singing and was able to help me pull it off perfectly (well, the timing and execution of the DJ was perfect, I guess the singing was ok too). Ultimately I can say that he was our favorite vendor because he was so helpful, so responsive and was a bargain when it came to pricing. My wife and I were really surprised that Pulse was so cost effective AND so good at what they do. I couldn't recommend them more, if we ever need a DJ for an event (formal or casual) I wouldn't bother going with anyone other than Pulse. Do yourself a favor and book them if you need a DJ, you'll be so happy you did!

Profile Picture Josh, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The DJ was very accommodating and LGBT friendly. They came and talked with us about our ceremony and reception (all in the same location of our back yard) and gave us hints and suggestions as well as listened to our needs. They were very professional and punctual. Not a worry at all. They made our special day perfect! We also appreciated that they weren't super expensive and were the best value with amazing service that suited our small budget. We can't thank you enough!

Profile Picture Cyndi, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Karl from Slable was extremely pleasant to work with and had many valuable suggestions for our reception. I highly recommend this vendor!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 12/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so happy we went with Slable for our recent wedding at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens! I have to admit I was a little hesitant to even contact them when I was searching for a DJ because their prices were SO much lower than other local options. I am very happy I went with them, because while they're prices are low, they deliver high quality DJ/MC services! During the weeks leading up to the wedding, the staff was so attentive, responsive, and helpful. They were truly my most pleasant vendor to work with. My husband and I were thrilled with them at our wedding, as were our guests. They used the playlist and notes I gave them to perfectly tailor the entertainment for the night. There were oldies for everyone to enjoy, and plenty of new music/90s throwbacks for those that stuck around for the dancing long after dinner. We have already recommended Slable to engaged friends and would recommend them without hesitation to anyone in the area looking for a great DJ at a great value! Thanks for helping make our wedding wonderful!

Profile Picture Allison, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Working with Slable entertainment was great. We booked DJ Romin and paid a little extra for uplighting in our reception tent to make it look more festive. Karl was very prompt in answering emails and questions before our big day and helped us plan our event so that it all ran smoothly. The uplighting was definitely worth it -- made the venue look so dreamy and it was fun during the dancing too to have different lighting effects. We were on a tight time line up until our photographers left so it was essential to have an emcee who knows how to run a show and control the crowd. With the help of DJ Romin, we were on time and feeling relaxed and happy. Slable / Romin found all the songs we wanted (and we asked for some pretty obscure ones) and ensured that everyone danced the night away! We had a great experience with this vendor!

Profile Picture Marieke, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Amazing DJ !!! Slable was wonderful to work with and while many parts of planning a wedding are stressful, Karl from Slable made finding a DJ one of the easiest decision we made. Slable were responsive, very fairly priced, professional and customer-focused (which was very much appreciated!). Definitely consider them for your wedding, you will not be sorry and you will find that they are one of the most responsive and easy to work with vendors out there!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/15/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, Microphones

Pulse, and president Karl, were fantastic. They didn't just show up and play the music, they worked closely with our other vendors to coordinate the entire schedule of the day. And without us needing to do anything to facilitate that communication- they took care of things so we wouldn't have to.

Even when we didn't know what we were doing, or hadn't thought through a part of the schedule, the folks at Pulse kept things running smoothly. Highly recommend giving them a call.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Slable for our ceremony sound and DJ w/ emcee services during our wedding reception. They were prompt with answering questions before our big day. On the wedding day, everything was set up on time and all of the equipment worked properly. Our ceremony service and our vows were heard clearly by all of our 150 guests. Our guests enjoyed dancing all night long during our reception and the emceeing was great. These guys are dependable and they did a good job on our wedding.

Profile Picture Jay, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We hired Slable for our DJ/MC needs at our reception and could not be happier with everything they did! Communication was quick and friendly with responses that came back well within 24 hours. During the day of the wedding, Slable was extremely flexible with our last minute asks and made sure the night went smoothly. We also requested uplights and a spotlight; both of which elevated the venue and made things look great. Most importantly, they got people on the dance floor! We received many compliments on the music and guests of all ages were dancing throughout the night! Overall, we could not be happier with the value and excellence of service provided by Slable!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Slable did a great job as our wedding DJ. They were easy to work with and provided us with exactly what we wanted. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved he services provided by Karl and his team at Slable. He is very quick to respond even late at night sometimes. So easy to work with, and made the whole process simple for us. Services offered and rendered for the price was incredible. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Tracie, 6/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I am so glad that we had Karl from Slable as our wedding DJ! So reliable and responsive - he typically responded within the hour! He kept everyone out on the dance floor and made sure everything was flawless. Our guests kept telling us how much fun they were having. We had the best time at our wedding and we owe so much of it to Karl! Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Erika, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Slable to DJ our daughter's wedding reception. Karl was both professional and personable. He was very organized and communicated well in advance to assure a flawless service. From set up to the final song, every detail was planned and executed seamlessly. We were very pleased that we hired Slable for our event.

Profile Picture Diane, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Slable is a great DJ company! They were prepared for anything by sending two DJs to our wedding reception. They contacted us with a timeline one month before the wedding. It helped me as the bride to organize the reception. They are very professional and had great suggestions for us! They asked us for the genres of music we wanted to have played and what level of censorship was needed for the songs. They kept our guests dancing all night. They played all of the right songs for each of our special dances and events during the night. They answered all of my questions and got back to me quickly during each phase of the planning process. They were affordable and I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Slable DJ services for our wedding in Woodbridge, VA. Karl was the easiest of all our vendors to get in touch with and did a great job of tailoring his services to fit our needs. We had beautiful uplighting that was provided by Slable for our reception. We also were mic'd for our ceremony so that all of the guests could hear everyone.

Karl also provided us with a really good reception outline and gave us some tips for pacing the reception. He played pretty much every song that we listed during our reception and was responsive to guest requests. Our guests were dancing the entire night.

For the service provided and the cost I really don't think that Slable can be beat in this area. We were very happy.

Profile Picture Meghan, 4/30/16, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

I used Slable Entertainment for my DJ and uplighting services at Bull Run Golf Club on 4/29/2016. Karl was so easy to work with! I have never used any DJ services before so I had no idea what to expect or where to get started. They sure made things simple and are in touch with you as much as you need to answer any questions or concerns. They even had a timeline drafted up with the "events" of the day so it was very clear. I had forgotten that we needed to pick songs for the introduction, cake cutting, garter toss, etc. so I certainly needed the help! Karl was even so kind to ask if there was anything else they could help me with outside of the DJ services which made a great impression. All I know is the the bridesmaids, friends, and I were on the dance floor pretty much the entire reception! I would highly recommend their services for your upcoming wedding or special event needs.

Profile Picture Michelle, 4/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

We are so pleased with Slable for DJ and uplighting services. They went out of their way to make sure our guests were entertained, and to make sure that all of our requests were honored. We would definitely recommend Slable for all entertainment needs!

Profile Picture Ginnie, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so happy that we chose Slable to be our wedding DJs. They did an extremely good job throughout the entire day. We had an outdoor ceremony, so that could have been a challenge, but the sound was perfect and the music selections were a great match for our theme of country chic. During the reception the DJs did a fantastic job of keeping the evening moving and getting the party started. We also liked the consideration that was put into each song played throughout the night. I would recommend them to anyone who is getting married in the DC metro area!

Profile Picture User5553133, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Karl and assistant did a great job at my wedding: they were very professional. Their attire was neat, they were very organized in their online communication as well as in person. I received email responses nearly immediately, and the timeline was agreed upon in advance, so there were no surprises. I'm glad that in the end I decided to only included a few of pre-selected songs and let them fill in the rest. They did a great job, and most of the time, the guests were all dancing.

Profile Picture Ana, 7/26/15, 5 Reviews