Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment Reviews

49 | Santa Rosa, CA

49 Reviews for Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Best DJ services I could have asked for!!

I cannot say enough great things about DJ Emil and his services! Emil was responsive and professional from the initial inquire, follow up questions and calls, to the months and weeks leading up to my wedding. I planned my wedding from across the country and I was so pleased with Emil's helpfulness during this process. He had great suggestions to improve the flow of the event, but was very receptive to what we thought would be best for us and fit our needs. He also threw in some very personal, thoughtful touches at the end of our reception. And importantly, EVERYONE at our wedding was on the dance floor at one point or another. Everyone who I have spoken to since would not stop saying how much fun they had. My husband and I also had a blast, thanks to Emil! All in all, I cannot recommend Sky's The Limit enough if you are planning any kind of event. Thank you again, Emil!!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Julian

Julian G. · Married on 09/01/2019

DJ Emil is fantastic!

DJ Emil was great throughout the wedding and helped a lot with thinking through the details for mic’s, music choices and much more. We highly recommend him for your big day!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Shari L. · Married on 06/02/2019

Everything we wanted and needed!

Emlien was a huge part of making our wedding day special. He took the time to prepare with us ahead of time so there were no last minute stressors on the big day. He brought the perfect balance of fun energy and a relaxed demeanor to make the event both sentimental and exciting. He followed up by making us a unique song compilation of some of the songs from our special day. He was fantastic and we would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 03/07/2021

Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment's reply:

Thank You Shari, it was such a memorable day and I was honored to be able to be part of making it all happen! Cheers!

Kasey · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding- March 2019

Emil was a joy to work with. I wasn’t the easiest groom to deal with as I was pretty serious about our music selection, however that did not negatively affect Emil. He was very professional, open minded and extremely genuine. A great partner to work with and I thank Emil for all that he did to help make our day special. I would highly recommend the services of Sky’s the Limit.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment's reply:

I appreciate your thoughtfulness Kasey, your wedding was amazing, from a beautiful ceremony to all of the dancing and all the memorable moments that took place that night. Thank you!
  • Chloe

Chloe P. · Married on 03/09/2019

Like working with a best friend I’ve known for years!

Emil and I just CLICKED the moment we started chatting on Thumbtack. He knew I had a vision for what I wanted my wedding to be and not only did he execute everything PERFECTLY, he helped keep me on track and made the flow of the day so flawless. I would come up with ideas, he would come up with ideas, a few texts later, the changes were made! He is ON IT! He customized my own down the aisle song by looping the instrumental part so I would have enough time and even did a mash up of Arianna Grande Thank U Next and God is a Woman for my bouquet toss! He played all my dad’s 80’s hits, my now husband’s indie faves, and my electronic pop dance stuff! But the most magical night of the evening was when I was on the dance floor and I heard my aisle song.. then I heard my husband’s voice. Emil had taken our vows and put them to my song and it was BEAUTIFUL. If you’re looking for professionalism, uniqueness, a lot of fun, and a personal touch - you’ve found the right DJ. One person could bring the biggest day of your life from special to MAGIC. And that’s DJ Emil with Sky’s the Limit!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment's reply:

I’m so happy for you two, it was a delight working with you! Best clients ever! Your wedding will go down in the history books as one of my favorite weddings! Wishing you a long life together full of success and love.
  • Sarah

Sarah R. · Married on 12/30/2018

Blessed!!!

You made our day so very special and we want the whole world to know you did a fabulous job. Can’t wait to have you Dj our next event. Much love and many blessings to you.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Rox · Married on 12/15/2018

Excellent Service and Result

DJ Emlien was poised and professional. He delivered excellent service and result, as he was able to play all the songs that my family and friends requested. He is awesome!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Rox · Married on 12/15/2018

Excellent Service and Result

Sent on 12/20/2018

Catherine · Married on 12/11/2018

Emil was our DJ, MC, and photobooth provided for our wedding at Marin Art & Garden Center and we can't say enough good things about him - we were so happy we chose him! He was very communicative and flexible leading up to the wedding, answer all of our questions along the way. And when it came to the day of, everything went off without a hitch. He moved us along our timeline smoothly, queued up everything perfectly, listened to our music preferences, got the crowd dancing! Would highly recommend Emil!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Shraya · Married on 11/04/2018

Thank you, Emlien!

My husband and I worked with Emlien for our November 4 wedding at the Outdoor Art Club in Mill Valley. When we first started looking for a DJ, it was in the early planning stage of our wedding. When we connected with Emlien, we were really impressed by how helpful he was - even before hiring him, he gave us advice on planning the wedding, coordinating the ceremony, etc - just going above and beyond. We must have talked to him at least 3-4 times before the wedding - each time, he was very gracious, punctual, and kind. He even made us an awesome mix for our first dance! At the wedding, he was on-top of the schedule and made sure the event and dancing flowed with varying levels of energy and music. We also really appreciated how he blended our music taste with his expertise to make sure that our guests had a great time! Even though our wedding was an intimate crowd, our guests had SUCH a great time dancing all evening! Later, he sent us a couple of videos from the wedding - which was extremely thoughtful! We loved working with Emlien - thank you so much!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Tien

Tien S. · Married on 10/26/2018

Talented & Professional DJ For a Great Price!

Before our wedding, I had reached out and talked to a few Bay Area DJs but ultimately ended up working with Emil at Sky's the Limit because he seemed easy to work with and the price was very reasonable. When I first talked to Emil on the phone, I had a good feeling about him - he was very professional, experienced, and very passionate about music. After it was all said and done, it turned out to be a great decision!

The entire process of selecting songs and creating playlists was very easy, and Emil was always responsive whenever I had a question. He gave advice when I needed it, but wasn't pushy. He also came to the venue walkthrough with our wedding coordinator even though it wasn't required. When I asked if he had a projector, he initially said no but ended up buying one and adding that to his service because it was a popular request. It was so much more convenient to deal with the music, lighting, and projector (for slideshow) through one person.

Music is such an important element in a wedding, and he helped to make the wedding day such an amazing experience. From the beautiful ceremony music, to helping announcing groups of people for photos, to announcing the wedding party as well as giving introductions for the wedding toasts, to the wonderful dinner music, and finally to DJing/mixing the dancing music - he was smooth, professional, and fun all at the same time. I highly recommend you consider Emil to DJ at your wedding or event!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Darah P. · Married on 09/28/2018

Highly recommend!

I loved working with Emilien! Not only was our reception a blast with the dance floor packed the entire time, but he was so responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding. He also has a great voice for the emcee duties throughout the night. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Paige · Married on 09/22/2018

Emil was SOO amazing for our wedding at Marin Art and Garden Center. I cannot recommend him enough! He listened to all of our requests, eloquently made transitions throughout the night, and played awesome music. We got so many compliments on the DJ, from the music before the ceremony through dinner and dancing, every song that Emil played was a huge hit. People had so much fun with the photobooth, as well! Emil was also a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process - always responding to emails quickly and doing everything he could to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. Thank you Emil!!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Silvio · Married on 09/15/2018

I hired Sky’s The Limit for the DJ services for my wedding this past September in Guerneville, CA. at Parker’s Resort. He was one of the first vendors I hired. I only had one or two conversations with him and a few emails, but through his polite and professional demeanor I knew he would be perfect for the wedding. He was quick to reply in all pre-wedding communication and super friendly.

The month before the wedding, I sent over an extremely detailed list of what song should play when and who was who and all the details. He listened to all our requests and fulfilled them perfectly. He even listened to what we had laid out and offered better suggestions. The day of the wedding came and Emil was perfect. He also managed our photo booth. Which went off without a hitch. He brought great props and even an extra backdrop. Emil was fantastic and he helped make our wedding the best day ever! The dance floor was crowded all night!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2018

Don't look any further, hire Emil. He provided us with exactly what we were looking for, and we were very focused on the music for our wedding. Just do it!!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Michael · Married on 08/04/2018

From the time I contacted Emil til the last song was played at our wedding he was AWESOME!! He was very easy to work with and experienced in helping when we needed it!!! Thank you Emil we will definetly use him again very soon!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Michael, it was an honor and privilege to be part of your special day!

Andrew · Married on 07/27/2018

Emil was AWESOME! He was super flexible and responsive to our needs and requests leading up to our wedding. He also did a great job keeping things moving throughout our reception. During open dancing he played everything we asked, and also used our reception playlist as inspiration for some other great music. If our venue hadn't had a hard cutoff time, we could have danced to Emil's music all night!

He also has great equipment. We used his microphones and amps for our ceremony music, and his projector screen for a slideshow during the reception dinner. Overall we can't recommend Sky's the Limit enough.

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 07/14/2018

Can't beat this DJ/MC/Photobooth package

We hired Sky's the Limit for DJ/MC/Photobooth services in July for our wedding, and then I was a bridesmaid in a wedding that hired him in October. On both occasions, DJ Emil was amazing.
    For our wedding, we spoke on the phone a couple times and communicated mostly via email leading up to the wedding. We gave him different playlists for each part of the day and told him we trusted him to mix/add/edit as he wanted. The dance floor was so fun! He played a great mix of songs we wanted and ones to keep people dancing. He is also good at keeping everything moving according to the timeline - and being a great MC! I've heard some super cheesy ones and he's not like that :)
    He was responsible for the music and mics at the ceremony as well and that all went perfectly.
    He brought an assistant to run the Photo Booth, and people loved it! It worked without any issues all night and we love the photos.
    And finally - he does ALL of these services for an incredible rate. He truly seems to love what he does and is a pleasure to work with.
    Highly recommend DJ Emil for your wedding, he's one vendor you won't regret hiring!
    Two extra tidbits you might find helpful when considering:
    1. He's quick to react in the moment - at the October wedding, bats flew into the dance area at one point and people started screaming and running from the dance floor. DJ Emil IMMEDIATELY started playing the Batman theme song and it lightened the mood and everyone started laughing and it turned into one of the most memorable moments of the reception!
    2. He's a good guy - at the end of that wedding, I forgot my phone at a table and DJ Emil found it. He recognized me in the wedding photo on my lock screen, and came running out to where they were loading the buses and found me just in time!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Liz · Married on 07/07/2018

Go with Emil!

My husband and I just had our wedding on Saturday July 8th and we had Emil as our DJ and our photo booth guy. He was extremely responsive to my many emails and questions. He offered a few ideas for entertainment such as the shoe game, which was very well received.

Emil came to one of our walk-through's about a month before the wedding to check out the sight and make sure everything would work out well.

During the actual day, he made sure that my groom and I were well taken care of, in that we had some appetizers before our entrance and he served us our dinner and made sure we had everything we needed. We were very well taken care of.

He had uplights that he was able to match to our color scheme scattered throughout the venue that really added an extra element of beauty.

His photo booth was a real hit. Everyone loved it. Everyone received a physical copy of their photos, and we received digital copies of everything 5 days later.

I would highly recommend Emil. You will pay a lot less for just as good, if not better service than somebody else.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Tory · Married on 06/30/2018

I hired DJ Emil for my wedding. He was such a delight to work with--he was very accommodating to our schedule and last minute changes during the reception. The music was always on cue, he was polite to the guests, and had some great ideas for how to make the dinner more fun. Several guests came up to me later to comment about how they loved the music and MCing. He was very professional the entire time during the wedding and the months leading up to it. We handled the payment before the wedding so there was no last minute hassle (made my life so much easier). He initiated contact with my husband and me to discuss in advance the types of songs we wanted and to go through the agenda so he would know what to announce and when. All in all, DJ Emil was highly professional, very on top of his work, and extremely accommodating to our needs as they kept changing. I highly recommend his services!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Mariah · Married on 06/10/2018

Emil was amazing!! He helped with every stage of the wedding, was very responsive and kept the party going. He went above and beyond!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Jacquelyn · Married on 05/27/2018

DJ Emil was fantastic! We had an unusual request of doing karaoke at our wedding reception. So instead of a first dance, we had a first song. It went incredibly smoothly. Our guests were thrilled by the novelty and everyone had a ton of fun. On top of that, he provided standard wedding DJ services such as background music throughout and serving as MC. It was really easy to communicate with him, and he executed our vision to perfection. I would strongly recommend him to anyone seeking a karaoke or wedding DJ. And ideally, people should combine both!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Steph · Married on 05/25/2018

Dj Emil was the best! The music at our ceremony/ reception was fantastic. It was the right balance of songs we requested/requests from guests on the night/music chosen by Dj emil to keep the atmosphere lively. There wasn’t a point that a music change interrupted the flow. I am glad we found sky’s the limit!!! - we had a photobooth as well, which was a hit to our wedding!!! Dj Emil also gave us a usb at the end, so we have a copy of everyones picture. Thank you for making this important day so memorable. Finding a great / professional dj is really important to an event.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Sky’s the Limit Music and Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so very much Steph it was such a honor being amongst your family and friends on your special day. It was a day to remember!

Brandi · Married on 05/13/2018

Emil is great he performed at 2 of my best friends weddings as well as my own. He is very accommodating and punctual.its like working with a friend cuz he is so easy to talk to and very chill. We couldn't be more happy with his work. Thank u DJ emil. U rock

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2018

We loved Emil! He was soooo easy to work with and was a great MC, not too in your face, very flexible and casual but helped keep things organized and moving along with the announcements we requested. He asked us a ton of great questions ahead of time and things we hadn't even though of that needed to be sorted out. He's also a great value, brnging all the equipment needed for sound in three locations (ceremony site, outdoor dinner, indoor dancing) and also brought up lighting that really helped the ambience of the venue. We also utilized his photo booth set up and that was our guests' favorite part of the whole night! And we got a USB with all the photos at the end which was a blast to look through. Highly recommend Emil, and the photo booth!

Sent on 06/07/2018