17 Reviews for Sky Ranch Lodge

Champagne Toast (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
17 Sky Ranch Lodge Reviews

That view though! We got this location because of the view! This location is the most budget friendly out of all the locations in beautiful Sedona. We initially didn't think we could afford to pay for wedding in Sedona, until we came across this gem! We snagged a date during November or off peak times and saved thousands! Kris and Jerry were very helpful throughout the whole process and even the day of! Communication was great with Kris about any venue questions or payment questions. All the preferred venders off the vendors list were amazing because all of them have worked there several times before. So the set up and wedding day went really smooth and stress free! Most of our guests were from out of town and told us our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to! Everyone kept talking about the view! The stay in the Bridal suit was free of charge on our wedding day as a gift from Sky Ranch. So even more savings! We highly recommend this location. The view, the venue, the stay and of course our wedding was perfect. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much Sky Ranch!

Profile Picture Carissa, 11/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

Gorgeous! The staff made sure everything was perfect for my day. Grounds were well kept and everyone we met was excited for us! Kris is amazing and took such good care of us!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

We were very pleased with the services provided for us at Sky Ranch. They did an excellent job setting up wedding and reception area. Very professional and right on time.

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Barware, Uncovered Outdoor, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up

The staff at the Sky Ranch Lodge is phenomenal!! Every email I ever sent to their event coordinator, Hollis, asking questions was promptly responded to. We had to change our wedding date entirely at one point and they were completely helpful and professional throughout that process. The wedding site itself is the best, I personally think Sedona has to offer. The views are breath taking and worth every penny you'll spend. On the day of the wedding the staff directed our guests to the site itself by setting up signs and having staff members stationed around the property. They even went so far as to hide me, the bride, from our guests by driving me from the front of the lodge where we had been taking photos prior to the wedding back to my hotel room beside the wedding venue. They were all wonderful and I can't say enough good things about them.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/17/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved Sky Ranch Lodge and everything they had to offer! We had 120 people stay at the lodge and they handled our group wonderfully and did an amazing job with a challenging group that was out to have a good time! The grounds are beautifully manicured and they have the BEST VIEW in all of Sedona.

The only issue with SRL is it appears their registration system is outdated or inefficient, there were some issues and delays at check in but their team sorted it out beautifully and a little patience was well warranted as we had a wedding/family reunion at one of the most gorgeous sites in all of Sedona. Hollis is fabulous to work with, she does a great job planning and execution wise. Suzy the bartender does her job just as beautifully as all of our guests talked about how great she was.

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and a brunch all at the SRL lookout area and it could not have been any better. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the wedding was. Could not have done it without all of the employees of SRL.

Profile Picture Michael, 5/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hollis at sky ranch was so wonderful and helpful. No matter how busy she was she Lways made time for us. Her staff have great service the day of the wedding too. The view was breathtaking. Hollis also made a lot of effort returning some items we left behind. She went above and beyond caring for us, our wedding and our guests. Love her and sky ranch. Thank you!!! Wes and Tracy

Profile Picture Tracy, 10/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Booked our wedding at Sky Ranch. Hollis was absolutely amazing and helpful throughout the entire process!!! We felt like we really lucked out booking our date here, the entire property is perfect for a wedding. Everyone had a blast and was treated well, the rooms were great, the views were incredible! It was like our own secret garden, very lush and romantic. The best place in Sedona! We will be back for our anniversary and highly recommend booking your wedding here!

Profile Picture Itzel, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lanni was great and helped us with the set up of our ceremony. Worked extensively with our wedding coordinator. Magnificent views of Sedona.

Profile Picture Nikki, 3/17/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I stumbled upon this place by chance, and I have to say I am so happy I found it! I was looking for an inexpensive and lovely place to have my ceremony. When I was researching places to find my wedding last summer, I found Sky Ranch Lodge. Last fall my fiance and I went to Sedona to visit it and we were completely blown away by how beautiful the outdoor ceremony spot was. Even better was the cost! We saved so much money and could not have asked for a better place to have our ceremony, plus we got a free night's stay the night of our wedding in their beautiful bridal suite overlooking the entire town of Sedona. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for the perfect outdoor ceremony spot.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just booked Sky Ranch Lodge for my wedding which will be April 16th, 2016. So far the experience has been positive. The venue usually books fast, but it has been a pleasure to work with Kris so far. She has answered all of my questions! She put me in contact with the main grounds person Jerry, who will be there on my wedding day. Jerry has also been wonderful to work with so far. He has been kind to ease my stress about the reception area layout for my seating plan. Blocking and booking rooms for my guests has been very easy as well. I originally gave 4 stars for responsiveness because it was a little difficult to get a response when I was just initially inquiring about pricing and availability. Now that we have a signed contract and the wedding planning has been rolling everything has been smooth so far. I am looking forward to my upcoming wedding in April!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nicole, 4/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Dance Floor, Barware, Parking

Amazing price for all that is included. Chairs are available on sight.

Profile Picture Kendra, 5/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa has been the biggest help with this entire process so far. On location she was willing to walk me through the venue space twice, and she has responded to all of my emails within 24 hours. There are some things they have no control over, which have been a minor downside for us (noise ordinance, outdoor only, no liquor license), but the things they can help us with they have been very flexible and willing to accommodate (helping is block rooms in sections together and close to the venue space, remeasuring parts of the venue space, adding and taking away parts of the package, etc). And to top it off, Sky Ranch has the best view in all of Sedona (that I've seen anyway)...this is the view that I came back to Sedona for.
I have not yet used Sky Ranch Lodge for my wedding, but I have a contract with them for my wedding in June and am looking forward to working with them!

Profile Picture Jessie, 6/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet, Barware

Beautiful location, very accommodating.

Profile Picture Jeanne, 6/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! We contracted with them for our wedding, and overall we were very happy with our choice. However, there are a few things we noticed.

We signed the contract with one lady, and then ended up talking to 3 different people before meeting Dayna who ended up helping us the day of, and she is amazing. She is patient and knowledgeable. Having so many different people in the mix did make things confusing at times.

My caterer ended up not having enough access to power for her warmers, but she was able to improvise. The staff on site the day of are very accommodating. My caterer wishes there was more space for prepping and staging food, and having an indoor room instead of an outdoor canopy would have been great, but we made it work and everyone ate well.

The bistro lights provided are a nice touch. They provide the right amount of lighting for the dance floor, as well. I did not have to rent additional lighting.

The grounds themselves are beautiful. Everyone wanted pictures of the red rock views, and guests were able to walk around the grounds and explore during the cocktail hour if they did not want to remain in the reception space. I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

As for the guest rooms, they have been recently renovated and they are beautiful, but some of the renovations seem to have been rushed. The shower in the bridal suite gets clogged very easily so you end up getting a bath and a shower. I wish there had been some sort of bench or bar to put your leg up on to shave.

My mother-in-law was less than impressed with the kitchenette she paid extra for. It did not seem much different than the regular rooms.

My husband stayed in a separate room the night before the wedding, and there were several maintenance issues with his room.

Overall, we are very happy with our choice, but there is definitely some room for improvement. We do plan on visiting again in the future.

Profile Picture Shannon, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Barware

Anyone looking for a great venue please read this review!! We just had our wedding on the 14th of June 2015. We had 8 months to plan our wedding for our Sedona destination. When we found Sky Ranch Lodge it seemed too good to be true. It isn't The venue itself is absolutely wonderful. The views are great, endless photo ops, space for 150 people, great rates for rooms when you book, the rooms are very nice, nice secluded location. So months, weeks and days leading to the wedding were the problem. The coordinator who I will mention for the 1 fact that no couple should deal with what we did in the DAYS before our wedding. Amanda is one of the worst planners I have ever met. Communication is very little if any. Her knowledge of what can happen and is happening at the venue itself is very limited and often skewed. We came to her with very specific questions since this venue lets you bring pretty much whatever you want to the wedding except alcohol, so we thought. We asked if our friend would be able to cook for us and bring the food up the day of the event. We were told several times by Amanda yes. 4 weeks before the wedding when we had everything paid for, all of a sudden it was brought to our attention that our friend had to have a license to prepare food. Not ONCE was this ever mentioned or asked of us during previous conversations. During the whole process of our wedding planning most of the communication was from our end. She checked in with us maybe 3 times where she would contact us. Mainly about amounts due and once to ask how things were going. When our big day came, she was no where to be found. Even at check our to see how everything went. Then along comes our Hero, Jerry. Its because of him this venue is worth it. He will go out of his way to make every little detail of your day perfect. He did just that for us. We cant thank him enough for the long hours he put it for us. Should you get married here? Absolutely.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/14/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The only redeeming qualities of Sky Ranch Lodge is Jerry, his staff, and the beautiful view. Since we first booked our wedding, the wedding coordinator position changed through three different people. Each new coordinator said items in our contract were no longer permitted under new ownership. We had the overlook reserved the Friday before our wedding for the rehearsal, they overbooked and we were told we were no longer able to use it. We reserved the room right next to the overlook the Friday before and that Saturday for the wedding. When we went on Friday they told us they overbooked that room and we would not be able to get in. When we went on Saturday, we were not able to check in until noon. The wedding coordinator said she is at the venue the whole day of a wedding - she was no where to be found the entire day! The manager would not respond to any calls or emails.

That being said the view is absolutely amazing and Jerry (the man who should run this place) was the most amazing guy ever! He was there for 9 am to 11 pm and made sure that our magical day was as perfect as it could be! We had an amazing time the day of our wedding but we did do everything ourselves!

View Vendor Response