34 Reviews for Sarah & Dave Photography

Engagement Shoot (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Albums (1)
Prints (1)

My fiancé surprised me during the proposal by having Sarah and her husband come and shoot the proposal and do some portrait shots as well. Even though I was very overwhelmed, Sarah did a great job of calming me down and making sure we got amazing pictures. I loved the pictures so much that I also hired her for my wedding and engagement pictures. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ansley, 9/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah and Dave did a fantastic job on our engagement photos! They were a pleasure to work with and kept us laughing, smiling and looking our best the whole time! They provided just enough direction that we didn't feel aimless, but really managed to capture us just being us. It was something I had really been nervous about, but ended up being a fantastic experience and just makes me even more excited for our wedding day, because I'm confident that we'll have tons of amazing pictures from Sarah & Dave!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sknow did our engagement photos and has done photos for the family in the past. Could not find a better person to take your wedding photos!

Profile Picture User6015247, [Private], 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

Sarah took my engagement and wedding photos and did an absolutely amazing job! All of the images are STUNNING and they really take me back to my wedding day. Sarah and Dave make the perfect team, and capture the most romantic, timeless photos. From the getting ready photos to the reception photos, everything turned out beautifully. I would recommend Sarah and Dave to anyone. My husband and I had such a great experience working with them, as they made us feel so comfortable and really took the time to get to know us as a couple.

Profile Picture Ellen, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah and Dave were awesome! They have a bright and natural style of photography that we love. They captured incredible moments throughout the day. Sarah and Dave are so relaxed and funny and kept us smiling and comfortable throughout the day. Be sure to check out their website/portfolio. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah & Dave are THE best photographers and I couldn't imagine my wedding without them.

I met them at a bridal convention in Baltimore a year ahead of my wedding and right then and there knew they HAD to be my photographers. Their portfolio was amazing and they were so nice!

Sarah was always so responsive and helpful. She really went above and beyond and was always a call, test, or email away. You can tell that she REALLY cares about her brides. One afternoon I emailed her a little frantically as I was trying to work out the "timeline" and she basically helped me create the PERFECT timeline (and made it seem so easy!)

When Sarah and I talked a few days before the wedding to make sure everything was all set, I mentioned to her that me and my fiancé wanted more "candid" moments vs. posed pictures of the two of us. She did just that - and the images could not have turned out better.

As the day approached, there was rain in the forecast pretty much all day. But her and Dave monitored the weather to make sure we could get some outside shots when the rain was slowest. Again, how sweet of them!

Sarah had the "sneak peak" photos and blog post ready in 10 days and ALL photos done in about a month from my April wedding date - which was SO impressive. They were AMAZING.

We are SO SO thankful & happy that Sarah & Dave traveled all the way from Richmond, VA to shoot our wedding!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

My husband and I hired Sknow photography as our wedding photographer. We were NOT let down, to the first meeting in their beautiful studio, to prompt and kind responses to my e-mails over the months leading up, I knew we were a great fit! Come our wedding day Sarah and Dave were prompt, and ready to jump in feet first and work around our wedding day schedule and with the other vendors at the wedding. Once the wedding was over, we could never have imagined the pictures that came back in our sneak peak. The pictures they took, and the memories that were captured were worth every. single. penny! If you go with someone else, you're getting far from the best!

Profile Picture Dawn, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah and her husband were absolutely amazing! We met them at a wedding expo and I fell in love. After then I knew I needed them to be our wedding photographer. The pictures are perfect and I am so happy we chose them to capture the memories forever!

Profile Picture Hope, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah and David were the absolute best! They actually did our engagement pictures along with our wedding photos. I'm so happy that they were able to be apart of such an amazing time in our lives. They were so personal and professional! They absolutely made sure that the vision we had was realized. They even stayed longer than asked to ensure they captured an important moment in our ceremony. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

So amazing, We just love your Photos. Our wedding memories can't be much better. LOVE ALL YOU DID!!!

Profile Picture Nandy, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah is an old friend of mine from college. When I got engaged, I knew that I had to have her photograph the wedding (and do our engagement photos). I have loved the style of her work since she was just starting out in art school, and I knew it would be special to hire her!

Sarah and Dave, her husband, make you feel so at ease during the photo taking process to the point where it just feels natural. My (now) husband isn't one for getting a lot of pictures taken, and posing and the like, but he actually remarked to me that it "wasn't bad" and we actually had a fun time doing it! The entire process was quick and easy from the very beginning; Sarah is extremely accommodating, prompt, professional, and was super helpful since I really had no idea what I wanted, or what my vision was. Our wedding and engagement pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS and we could not be happier! Of course, it's always amazing to reconnect with an old friend, which made this even more special!!

I cannot say enough good things about Sknow Photo! I may be a bit biased, but I think that the pictures speak for themselves!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah came highly recommended by multiple coworkers of mine who raved about their experience at their weddings! Upon meeting with Sarah and her husband Dave their professionalism and passion were evident. They made my husband and I feel at ease and the quality of their photos was undeniable.

Planning a wedding is stressful but Sarah's attention to detail and responsiveness to email/phone was a huge relief and greatly appreciated. The surveys asking for what pictures you'd like with your loved ones came in very handy to capture the day with the people who mean the most to you. The final product were the most beautiful pictures I've ever been in. The quality of the work was so fantastic the venue asked if they could use her photos to update their website because they'd never seen it photographed so beautifully! We enjoyed getting to know Sarah and Dave and are so grateful to have amazing photos to look back on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah did our engagement and wedding photos for us, and she was so wonderful to work with! She was always very professional, and made us feel comfortable. We had a somewhat unusual wedding, we were always moving around, from building, to field, to campfire, and she handled all the chaos so well. She knew just when to remind us of where to be, and she made sure she knew the detailed schedule beforehand. She had her for 10 hours, and was so impressed by her energy throughout the day! Sarah was always right there to get good photos, but also seemed to sink right into the background!
I highly recommend Sarah as your wedding photographer!!

Profile Picture User5503540, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

So far, our experience with SKNOW Photography has been exceptional. Sarah is responsive and always answers my questions about suggestions for vendors or whatever else I may have a question about.Not only is she available for chit chats, but she's a REAL person! She actually gets to know you (through personal interaction AND an amazing personal website that she has you answer questions on) and I really appreciate that in a vendor. I don't want someone just showing up to take pictures! I want someone who KNOWS how we interact as a couple and will be able to capture those moments/know they're coming. We are definitely getting that kind of service with SKNOW Photography.

Sarah and David are a really great team, too. For our engagement shoot, David (ever the obedient husband) laid on the (freshly cleaned) floor of the bar at the Prime Rib holding some lighting equipment just so Sarah could get the perfect shots for what Christopher and I wanted. The photos turned out SO AMAZING and the quality is fantastic. I am so excited to have Sarah and David do my wedding photos as well. They have awesome packages that fit many budgets and little extra surprises along the way are always (adorable) and thoughtful!
I highly recommend Sarah and David of SKNOW photography. They are a superb duo!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have hired Sknow Photo for my up coming August wedding. After meeting with Sarah and seeing her work I knew immediately that she was the photographer for me! We had our engagement session last fall and I couldn't be happier with the photos. Sarah made us feel so comfortable in a situation that could've easily felt awkward. We have received countless compliments on our photos! I can't wait for our wedding and to see what Sarah captures!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sarah was amazing!!!! She had us over for a consultation and showed us some of her work and made us feel at home with some treats she made for us! She made our engagement session feel natural and spend a lot of time with us!!! She even offered to take more pictures if I wasnt able to get all the ones I wanted because of an event that was taking place in Annapolis that weekend (for no extra charge!!) Sarah has made me feel like I have known her for years!!

Profile Picture User4736009, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

AMAZING PHOTOS & photographer!

Profile Picture User3880956, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah and Dave were amazing. We met them at a bridal show in Baltimore and we just clicked. Every time we met with them it was like we were meeting up with old friends. We would always have so much fun with them laughing and talking. Sarah was such a big help with great advice for me through the planning process and coordinating all of the timing of the photos. Their photos are so beautiful and professional. You get amazing quality for great value, and a fun time too. They were so flexible too, because when some of the timing got delayed on the day of the wedding due to weather and wardrobe issues, they worked hard to make sure we got all the shots we wanted in time for the events. Even though we have since moved to Florida, I would hire Sarah and Dave in a heartbeat for any other photos we will ever need.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/19/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Sarah and Dave has been fantastic! After looking through the impressive and creative photos in the gallery on the website, we had a good feeling about working together. Meeting to discuss details sealed the deal! Sarah was friendly, explained all of our options, and showed a real attention to detail. Equally importantly, we didn't feel pressured or like we were being rushed into making decisions.

One thing we really liked was that an engagement photo session was included with our wedding package. Sarah explained that this was not only for us to get an additional source of photos, but also so that we could get to know each other, so she could learn our preferences, and so that we could get more comfortable in front of the camera. She didn't want our first time working together to be on our special day, to be sure it went as smoothly as possible! This was a great example of her attention to detail and desire to make every right for her clients.

Sarah is great about replying to emails in a timely fashion. She achieves a great balance of providing guidance and advice when needed/requested, and following her clients' wishes and desires. I can't recommend sknow photo enough-- it has been a low stress part of what can be a really stressful time.

Profile Picture Stefanie, 3/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah was a joy to work with and the finished product is amazing! We met Sarah (and Dave) at a bridal expo and were intrigued by the quality of the pictures and the price. When we met to go over wedding details and packages, we immediately felt at ease and felt like we were chatting with old friends. Sarah is so quick with e-mail responses and happily answers questions and provides helpful advice for the wedding day!

Our package included an engagement shoot which of course was a rainy day in May. Somehow we squeezed in an hour of rain-free weather conditions for the shoot and the pictures are so extraordinary and you would never know it was a gross, gloomy day!

On the day of our wedding, Sarah and Dave were on time and captured all of the formal pictures we asked for while laughing with us the entire time! During the ceremony and reception, Sarah was close to capture the shots but not intrusive! Our guests loved the iPad frame that displayed some of our engagement pictures and some of the formal pictures that were taken prior to the ceremony.

We also love the site that the pictures are put up on. It is so user-friendly and I'm writing this review 2 weeks from our wedding day and some of the prints are already up! From what we have seen, we are absolutely thrilled that we picked Sarah to photograph our special day as we will always have these amazing images to treasure!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/9/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

sarah and her assistant were amazing on our wedding day. I barely knew they were there for most of the day, they were unobtrusive and candid, and captured some amazing angles and shots that our family members missed. The images are gorgeous, and exactly the style we wanted. They were able to freeze some very sweet moments for us in between posed pictures, in the midst of a crazy day. they blessed us so much with their presence and the resulting images and we would absolutely hire them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User1237029, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

THANK YOU, Sarah and Dave, one million times! Thank you for being responsive, flexible, friendly and so good at what you do! I am in love with our pictures which will forever be the memories that we're able to take away from our special day. Sarah and Dave drove 2 hours to our event in deep creek, froze outside with us on a freakishly cold day in mid-fall (pretty sure there was snowfall), and did it all with a smile on their faces all the while making my husband and I feel comfortable and excited. In all of the decisions made for a wedding, choosing your photographer is a giant one and I am so happy with our choice to hire Sarah & Dave.

Profile Picture Kate, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We LOVED working with Sarah. I found her through seeing her photos from a wedding she shot at the church we got married in and was attracted to the bright colors and her ability to capture the energy of the moment. It was important to me to have photos that show personality and a more natural perspective of the day and she accomplished that beautifully.

When we sat down to go over her packages and come up with a plan, she was extremely organized yet easy going. She offered a lot of great advice on the timeline of the day, things she's seen that work well, things that don't (she's been to far more wedding than I have so I appreciated the input that came from experience!). Her pricing was incredible- especially as I initially compared it to other vendors in the area.

Part of the wedding package includes and engagement shoot which was very fun. It was a great time for us to get to know her better and become more comfortable in front of a camera. She was great at instructing poses, and then allowing for us to fill it naturally and have conversation as she snapped away. The pictures turned out beautifully!

Her and her team were early to side, and very easy going throughout the day. They were professional, efficient, and fun. Sarah brought a very cool iPad frame with her iPad to set up at the reception that cycled through some of our engagement photos and photos that she had taken earlier that day.

We also love the site she puts the pictures up on. She had business cards (with our engagement pictures) next to the iPad at the reception with the link to the site- she posted photos promptly and we received a lot of excited responses from guests! We have received overwhelming positive feedback from friends on the photos. Many have said they are the best they have seen.

I highly recommend Sarah!

Profile Picture sarah, 11/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I got married this past summer 2013 and we chose Sarah Mitchell (Sknow Photo) as our photographer. When we met Sarah for the first time in person, it was for our engagement photo session in D.C. I was nervous that we wouldn't jive.. when you have someone up close taking photos and you're not used to all of the intimate attention you think- is she going to make us do silly poses or will I have that awkward "what do I do with my hands" look in every shot?! Will she make me look my best? But to my surprise, I discovered that Sarah was absolutely delightful from the minute we started. She kept us moving, capturing different angles, scenery and poses. Sarah made us feel so comfortable and my husband and I seriously had so much fun we didn't want it to end!!! The pictures turned out beautiful. The wedding day of course was no different. Sarah is so professional and was great in getting back to me when I had questions or needed to relay info before the big day. She is professional, super sweet, and a gifted photographer. She's the kind of gal you want portraying your very special day! ~Karen

Profile Picture User2625652, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sarah is an experienced photographer who blessed me with beautiful pictures on my wedding day. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/19/13, 1 Review