SKM Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

SKM Entertainment 1
SKM Entertainment 2

Brandi · Married on 11/24/2012

SKM was absolutely AMAZING for me! Our guests couldn't tell us enough how much fun the wedding was, and that was in LARGE part due to Justin. He was very responsive to everything I had to say, everything we wanted for our wedding music and the flow of the night. He kept things going all night long--to the point that my husband and I had to sit down we were so tired from dancing. It was great! SO much fun, and Justin was the best before the wedding for coordinating with me, helping me pick the vital songs and the type of music we wanted. He just got us. Absolutely an amazing experience, and the only thing I would complain about would be the mark up of costs for bringing equipment for the ceremony as well. The price seemed a little high to me, but every penny was honestly worth it for the quality of our wedding DJ. I would recommend them to everyone!

We cannot say enough good things about SKM. We felt that entertainment was a very important part of our wedding so we were willing to spend a large part of our budget on the dj. But they were so much more than music!!! They were so helpful in creating and maintaining a timeline. The last thing you want to worry about during your wedding is if you are on schedule...so SKM steps up and does that for you. They coordinate so the food is ready when you are ready to release guests. They make sure the photographer is ready to take photos when you cut the cake. They controlled the dance flow with fun (non corny) games. One thing they suggested was the shoe game and it ended up being one of our favorite memories from our entire wedding! And they had us finish the night with our group standing in a circle dancing as we walked around hugging and saying goodbye to each guest. It was such an awesome and meaningful way for us to talk to everyone still there and thank them again.

And of course they played amazing music! They have a huge online a database tool to use for you to be as detailed as you want. We met with our mc before and he was helpful picking songs for things when we couldn't think of one (cutting cake, bridal party entrance, garter toss, etc). They put together the detailed timeline and provide to you so you can send to your other vendors. It includes everything from arrival, dinners, parents dance, cutting cake, flower toss, etc. Their online tools are really helpful!

We also purchased a lighting package and photo booth. Their photo booth staff was great and everyone really enjoyed it. They work with you to add a custom logo. They have fun props and then you can't download all the photos after the wedding.

Finally have to give a shout out to Nathan S. who was our mc. He did an amazing job keeping the flow of the night and the energy high! Thank you so much to SKM and Nathan!!!

Heather · Married on 10/27/2012

SKM was an absolute joy to work with. Justin was our DJ and he was so AMAZING-our crowd loved him! SO many people at our wedding mentioned how awesome our DJ was and how much fun they had. He kept the party going from start to finish-it was just an incredible time!! I would definitely recommend Justin or any DJ from SKM for your event.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 03/17/2012

They were outstanding!!! Our dance floor was constantly filled, they played unique games to keep everyone from getting bored and our MC was so energetic. Their technique of having a DJ and an MC is perfect. Our MC was always checking in with us to make sure we were ready and making sure that anything people requested out of the norm, was ok with us. Just great!!

Alysha · Married on 03/10/2012

SKM did an amazing job to accomadate everything we wanted. They went above and beyond our expectations and everyone at the end of the night couldn't stop telling us how fun our wedding was. Chris did a fantastic job with keeping great music playing all night and John did a wonderful job keeping our crowd up interacting with everything. We couldn't of asked for anything more!! THANKS AGAIN SKM!

~The Newlyweds ~
    Brandon & Alysha

Megan · Married on 02/18/2012

I will highly recommend SKM Entertainment for anyones wedding. They were so professional and delivered a fantastic atmosphere for our wedding. Miles was our MC. He was awesome. Our wedding was in February when the weather was absolutely beautiful so we had a LOT of people out on the patio of our venue and he did a great job getting them in to dance. We had Miles, a lighting guy and a DJ and they were all amazing. Great teamwork. Everyone at the reception told me they loved them. I would definitely suggest them for any event!!

Hillary · Married on 12/03/2011

SKM totally exceeded our expectations! They were perfect! Not only did SKM play the music we wanted, but they totally ran and organized the reception. Everything ran so smoothly because SKM kept it fun, kept the guests entertained, and allowed us to enjoy every part of our day. They are amazing not only at playing the music you want, but also reading the vibe of the crowd and entertaining accordingly. We are so thankful for SKM and their flawless performance from our first meeting with their office staff to the exit of our reception! Thank you so much!
    Hillary and Tony Barnette

Morgan · Married on 11/06/2011

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! We had a DJ & and MC. Our MC, Justin was awesome! We really enjoyed him. He was very attentive to us & our needs the whole night. He had a fantastic attitude & was so up for anything! We had a lot of fun with him. If you can afford a DJ & MC, I recommend that as well. The night flows much better. The lighting was fun & beautiful. The music was great too. I had several compliments on how fun the reception was.

Candice · Married on 11/05/2011

Albert and I are beyond thankful for the opportunity to work with SKM. We met them at a Bridal Expo, then went to a Mock wedding and instantly fell in love with them. Throughout the wedding process, Helen and Miles were quick to respond to any questions and were incredibly helpful. We chose Justin, a fun and spunky DJ, to host the reception, and we are so glad we did! The reception was a huge hit and beyond anything we could have asked for. At one point in the night, EVERYONE (Grandparents and all) were dancing in a congo-line and shaking their tailfeathers on the dance floor. We had guests coming up to ask "Where did you get this guy? This is the best wedding I have ever been to!!!" Everyone loved the music picked and all of our guests found enjoyment all throughout the night. We still have compliments raving about how amazing our wedding was.

For price-sensitive Brides... we know how that goes. We decided that a DJ can either make or break the wedding...and we were exactly right. Their services may be expensive, but you will be so glad you took the investment!

Thank you SKM for an awesome experience.

• F

Lori · Married on 10/22/2011

Our DJ was fabulous. We also saw them at the big wedding show at the convention center. He kept the reception fully entertained and moving. He was very personable and easy to work with. Our daughter (the bride) was super impressed with everything they did. Would recommend them to anyone getting married. They had lots of fun as well and would have stayed all night had we wanted them too.

Brie · Married on 06/11/2011

Our DJ was one of the first vendors my husband and I booked. We agreed the DJ/MC really set the whole tone from the beginning of the ceremony to the end of the celebration! My mom and I first met Miles at the Phoenix Bridal Convention (along with hundreds of other brides), and I was more than impressed at the level of personalism when hours later he passed by and still recalled details of our brief conversation regarding my vision for the wedding.
    Our wedding was in Sedona and the entire team was accommodating and timely upon arrival/setup.
    Our MC/DJ was Dale and he was very understanding to our hectic schedule when trying to setup our prewedding meeting to discuss details for the event.
    Most importantly the day of the wedding Dale and the SKM team did an amazing job of keeping up with all the scheduled events, and even keeping a stress free environment when things did not go as timed. Our DJ was very receptive to our music suggestions (and my long list of requests) and chose great music to entertain guests ranging from 5-80. We received so many compliments regarding their interactions with the crowd and the dance floor was packet until the venue closed. Thanks to everyone at SKM, you were all a pleasure to work with!!

Arron · Married on 10/31/2010

We chose the package that included both the DJ and the MC. We met w/ Justin our Mc about a week before the Wedding, they normally meet with you no less than 10 days before the wedding but we had some scheduling conflicts, never the less Justin really stepped up to the plate and took great care of us. They have this really kewl website where you can input the names and roles of everyone in your wedding party as well as what songs you want played for what. Justin really tried to get a feel for our personalities during our meeting as well as making sure he knew what we expected in order to considering the reception a success. While we sat there talking he was down loading the songs he didn’t already have. He and i had talked about the music I wanted played during the cocktail hour, Im a heavy metal fan and the only way I could thing to mix any of that into our wedding was by playing some of the soundtrack music from Iron Man and various other movies that have a score with a heavy metal feel. He told me about some awesome music he had which was actually heavy metal music done on string instruments. He really hit th mark with those! By the time we left the meeting it was a huge weight off our shoulders we knew he would take care of everything and he did! he kept things at the wedding running and kept us up to date on what was or wasnt going on and cleared any changes with us as well as mingling with the guests to get a feel for what they wanted to hear

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/16/2010

I am so happy that I chose SKM for our wedding entertainment. I went back and forth for months before finally booking them. I would have booked them sooner, but they were out of my budget range. I met with other DJ companies through out my planning, and none of them made me feel as excited for my wedding as when I met with the planners at SKM.

Juan was our emcee, and he was fantastic. The night flowed fantastically and there was never a dull moment. He was able to get everyone onto the dance floor at one point or another, even the guests that normally don't dance! Everyone we've talked to about the wedding has said that it's the "best wedding ever" and I know that is because of Juan, our DJ, and SKM. I plan on recommending them to anyone looking for a DJ.

Do yourself and your guests a favor, spend the extra money, you won't regret it!

brittany · Married on 09/18/2010

they made my wedding flow perfect!!! thanks to them it was perfect!!!!!

Lisa · Married on 04/10/2010

If we could give SKM Entertainment higher than a 5, we would! They were fantastic during the planning process and the online system was easy to use with little work required. Our wedding music couldn't have been better and got everyone (even the Grandparents!) up and dancing. We had MC Justin and he was absolutely instrumental in making our wedding the fun time we had wanted. A little higher on the cost side, but looking back, the investment was well worth it because our wedding was so much fun.

Jennifer · Married on 03/05/2010

SKM helped to make our day special! Justin was our MC and he is amazing!! He had everyone up and dancing until the very last song, I have never been to a wedding where this happens :-)

LORI · Married on 01/24/2010

Wonderful!!!! That is the word to describe SKM. I couldn't have asked for more. They were so organized and on top of everything. They played all the music in my playlist and the MC was very professional. I was very impressed with them. It was nice to know that I wouldnt have to worry about anything, they really took charge and listened to all of our requests.

Lori Friedman-Pastiak

Madhavi · Married on 11/28/2009

Excellent DJ. Miles was able to get the whole room dancing which is not an easy task with my inlaws. He was extremely flexible with the order of events since my relatives did not warn me about a special performance they had planned (at the last minute). While SKM was the more expensive choice, it was definitely worth the cost as the reception was great.

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2009

Justin was great, did a wonderful job and I was comfortable having him in charge of our wedding reception. highly recommended!

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2009

We had Justin as our emcee, and he was excellent. We would recommend him to anyone. This specific DJ company gives you an emcee and a DJ, and this is one big reason we chose this company. It is definitely worth the extra money it costs to have the extra DJ (in comparison with other companies' pricing).

Amy · Married on 04/18/2009

Before attending the Phoenix Bridal Show in January, we were in desperate need of a DJ for our wedding. SKM Entertainment ended up headlining the fashion show and really had a chance to shine. After the show was over, we made sure to speak to a staff member about booking an appointment. We had a chance to meet with Megan who then got us set up with our DJ Juan. We were able to select all of our music through an online jukebox which was very helpful. Whatever you couldn't find you were able to add thru the site or by contacting your DJ. Juan was so well organized when we had our meeting. He was able to set up our ceremony music outdoors as well as the reception inside. We were so thoroughly impressed with how Juan was so precise on keeping the evening flowing. If anyone is need of an awesome DJ, please contact SKM Entertainment. Your reception will be absolutely funfilled!

Kate · Married on 03/28/2009

I have so many people still telling me it was the best and most fun wedding they have ever been too. The music was fun for guests of all ages. The uplighting really completed the room and I loved the bubbles. The big hit of the evening was the photobooth favors. Thank you SKM!!

Robyn · Married on 02/21/2009

SKM is simply the best. So many guests commented that our wedding was the most fun they'd ever been to and the credit really goes to SKM. They kept the guests entertained, made sure that everyone got involved and were completely professional from beginning to end. Our MC, Tony even managed to get people on the dance floor who would NEVER have danced that night. I would highly recommend their services to any couple looking for a fun night!

Stephanie · Married on 02/20/2009

SKM was one of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding. Everyone had so much fun thanks to their ability to keep everyone on the dance floor. They did an awsome job with the lighting as well. Everything they did for us was perfect!!

Morgan · Married on 10/25/2008

TOTALLY AMAZING!

Everyone loved the DJ! SKM kept everyone having a GREAT time!
    They were very energetic and kept the party going!

I would recommend them!

Very professional and totally worth the price we paid!

LOVED EM'!