146 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
146 SKM Entertainment Reviews

4.7

Gary Jenkins is amazing! He really got everyone up and dancing... from the 90 year-old cowboy to my friends and a few kids everyone had a blast. He absolutely did a great job and absolutely blew me away! Nathan also joined Gary and was really attentive to the needs of my new husband and I. They did amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend those tow.!

Profile Picture Mareesa, 8/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin was our MC! He was excellent.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris was our DJ, he was very professional and upbeat. On top of playing the music we liked, kept our dance floor moving and he was very flexible with our ever changing requests. He was also very personable and sounded very clear on the microphone. We would highly recommend SKM entertainment to anyone.

Profile Picture User3338767, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I used SKM for our wedding DJ, MC, and videographer. We were thoroughly impressed with their professionalism, timeliness, and organization during the planning. They were always one step ahead of us and made everything so easy for us. We loved our MC, Chris. He was very friendly and attentive to what we wanted at our reception. He really took control, and we were worry free all night. He kept checking in to see if I needed anything, which was very nice. All the guests had a wonderful time at the wedding. He had everyone on the dance floor and no one wanted to stop dancing. The DJ, Gavin, did a great job with the music! I highly recommend both of them for your event. We also booked our videographer, David, for a great price. We are waiting to get the video, but know it will come out great. He stayed the whole time and even interviewed my grandparents. I can't wait to see it. Thank you SKM for making our night go so smoothly. You took great care of us, and we got to just enjoy the night, our family, and friends. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/1/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We very much enjoyed our wedding day and the entertainment provided by SKM. Chris and Gavin were great to work with and felt like they were friends of ours at the wedding rather than just the DJs. The only issue was responsiveness prior to the wedding - it took a couple tries to get e-mails replied to by the office. However, they really pulled it together nicely in the end and we couldn't have asked for a better day. Thanks SKM!

Profile Picture Karen, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so happy we chose SKM Entertainment! Nathan was our MC and from the moment we met him at the office until the very end of our wedding he was extremely helpful! He did an amazing job making our wedding fun for us and our guests! He adapted well when we had to change the schedule around a little bit. He even went to help me carry my bags from the Bridal Cottage. He did a great job interacting with our guests and keeping things going. Thanks again Nathan!!!

Profile Picture User3291680, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so happy to have SKM Entertainment as our DJ for our wedding! All of our friends and family had nothing but great things to say about SKM as a whole but especially Justin our MC! We appreciated everything SKM did for us, they were very accommodating, friendly, on time and did a great job!! Justin....our wedding wouldn't have been the same without you!! Thanks for making our night memorable!!! Erin

Profile Picture Erin, 4/6/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jakob at SKM was awesome! He met with us to find out what we wanted and what we were really about. He was a lot of fun at the reception and I constantly heard how good our DJ was. Jakob was very accommodating and made sure throughout the night that we were well taken care of.

Profile Picture Molly, 3/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM Entertainment was wonderful to work with! Our DJ was Justin Chapin and he was OUTSTANDING! People did not get off the dance floor the entire night and he kept the party going. There was never a dull moment and I had a ton of our guests asking me after the wedding who our DJ was because they want to use him. Extremely professional and got the crowd going!

Profile Picture Stacy, 3/23/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Nathan with SKM was a pleasure to work with. He made sure to play a wide variety of the types of music we said we’d like to hear at our wedding. I have been to quite a few weddings and NEVER have I seen the dance floor so packed the entire night! Our wedding was one month ago, today, and we are still receiving compliments about the music that was played at our wedding.

I was slightly OCD about my timeline, and Nathan never missed a beat. We were on time the entire night, and couldn't be happier with how the night went.

Choosing SKM to be our wedding DJ was a wonderful choice!!

Profile Picture Elissa, 3/9/13, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I used SKM for our DJ, MC, and light technician for our wedding last month. Everyone with SKM was great to work with. Justin, our MC, was amazing! He engaged our guests and made sure everyone was having a good time. The lights technician did a great job and seemed to use different lighting options that fit with each song. When they were behind the booth, all three members of SKM - the DJ, MC, and lights technician - were really getting into the music and dancing which really brought up the energy. Whenever people started to leave the dance floor they would switch the song which seemed to pull people back up. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! SKM played a wide range of music that everyone (from young kids up to our grandparents) seemed to enjoy. Justin did a great job at coordinating with all of our other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page - he definitely made the night run smoothly. My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend SKM! We were referred to SKM by two friends that used them, so we knew they would be good - but they surpassed our expectations! We cannot say enough good things about SKM! We have been married for over a month and friends still say how much fun our wedding was, and we definitely attribute that to SKM.

Profile Picture User2382919, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We chose SKM Entertainment hands down because we had seen them in action before & they came very highly recommended. My husband and I had specific music selections and a "vision" for our music & dance floor. We worked with Nathan, who did a fabulous job, in advance to incorporate our playlist & outline the "flow" of the night. Our friends & family are still talking about how professional, fun, and friendly the DJ's were and our dance floor was incredible. From months leading up to the wedding, through the post-wedding follow up, Nathan, Miles & the rest of the SKM crew exceeded our expectations. We want to do it all again just so we can work with them one more time! :)

Profile Picture Colleen, 12/15/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired SKM Entertainment for our wedding reception at Gainey Ranch Golf Club held on December 1, 2012. They did an amazing job! Justin was our MC and we met with him a couple weeks before our big day. He was so organized and helped to orchestrate our reception from beginning to end. We had to actually kick people off the dance floor at the end of the night! He played the best music and helped to create some incredible memories for us. Kudos to SKM for making our wedding truly fabulous!

Profile Picture User2515349, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

They did a wonderful job with music and lighting. Kept me up to date on what was going on and very responsive when I called them. A little bit pricey, but they did do a good job.

Profile Picture Tammy, 12/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was absolutely AMAZING for me! Our guests couldn't tell us enough how much fun the wedding was, and that was in LARGE part due to Justin. He was very responsive to everything I had to say, everything we wanted for our wedding music and the flow of the night. He kept things going all night long--to the point that my husband and I had to sit down we were so tired from dancing. It was great! SO much fun, and Justin was the best before the wedding for coordinating with me, helping me pick the vital songs and the type of music we wanted. He just got us. Absolutely an amazing experience, and the only thing I would complain about would be the mark up of costs for bringing equipment for the ceremony as well. The price seemed a little high to me, but every penny was honestly worth it for the quality of our wedding DJ. I would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Brandi, 11/24/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We cannot say enough good things about SKM. We felt that entertainment was a very important part of our wedding so we were willing to spend a large part of our budget on the dj. But they were so much more than music!!! They were so helpful in creating and maintaining a timeline. The last thing you want to worry about during your wedding is if you are on schedule...so SKM steps up and does that for you. They coordinate so the food is ready when you are ready to release guests. They make sure the photographer is ready to take photos when you cut the cake. They controlled the dance flow with fun (non corny) games. One thing they suggested was the shoe game and it ended up being one of our favorite memories from our entire wedding! And they had us finish the night with our group standing in a circle dancing as we walked around hugging and saying goodbye to each guest. It was such an awesome and meaningful way for us to talk to everyone still there and thank them again.

And of course they played amazing music! They have a huge online a database tool to use for you to be as detailed as you want. We met with our mc before and he was helpful picking songs for things when we couldn't think of one (cutting cake, bridal party entrance, garter toss, etc). They put together the detailed timeline and provide to you so you can send to your other vendors. It includes everything from arrival, dinners, parents dance, cutting cake, flower toss, etc. Their online tools are really helpful!

We also purchased a lighting package and photo booth. Their photo booth staff was great and everyone really enjoyed it. They work with you to add a custom logo. They have fun props and then you can't download all the photos after the wedding.

Finally have to give a shout out to Nathan S. who was our mc. He did an amazing job keeping the flow of the night and the energy high! Thank you so much to SKM and Nathan!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/24/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was an absolute joy to work with. Justin was our DJ and he was so AMAZING-our crowd loved him! SO many people at our wedding mentioned how awesome our DJ was and how much fun they had. He kept the party going from start to finish-it was just an incredible time!! I would definitely recommend Justin or any DJ from SKM for your event.

Profile Picture Heather , 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had heard great things about SKM and they didn't disappoint! Our MCs were John and Nathan. They played (mostly) everything we asked for (although my husband swears there were 2 songs on the must play list that weren't played). They did drop the ball of two kind of important songs that we wanted that they didn't have. Through the process, they assured me that if they couldn't get them, they would let me know (I had the songs) and they never told me they didn't have them. Also, we requested a certain last song which didn't happen even though they had two opprtunities to play a last song (one of our guests paid to extend the DJ and party for an extra 30 minutes). Also, when our ceremony ended, after the kiss the bride stuff, they missed their cue to start the music so husband and I had an awkward moment of just standing there. Oh well, overall, they were pretty good and we had an amazing party!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/16/12, 6 Reviews
4.7

Jake was my MC. He did an amazing job the night of, everyone said they had an awesome time at the wedding. Jake, the DJ, and light tech all did a great job. My night went without any flaws!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/19/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was very client focused, however, it seemed they were not as organized as I would have hoped. The overall music/party atmosphere was fabulous, my guests had a great time out on the dance floor and they kept everyone involved. However, there were a few BIG mistakes. The first one is that they forgot to play music after the ceremony as my husband and I were walking down the aisle, along with the bridal party. We walked down the aisle to silence!! I was so upset that they did not play my music I picked for the exit. Also, I had emailed the MC trivia about my groom and I to use to excuse the tables to the buffet. The MC received the email, because he responded to the email. He must not have noticed the trivia attachment, even though I said the trivia is attached in the email, because after grand entrance he walked up to us and asked who had the trivia. My husband had to figure out how to pull up the trivia on his smart phone for the MC, then he didn't even annouce the trivia over the mic like we had talked about, he just walked up to the table and asked a question.
Aside from the lack of organization (I got the wedding schedule on Friday, the day before my wedding, and only because I emailed him to ask for it) and messing up my exit song during the ceremony, they did a fair job. The dance floor was usually packed and the flow of the wedding was good. I felt like I had to stay on top of them more, I wish they would have been more organized.

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

They were outstanding!!! Our dance floor was constantly filled, they played unique games to keep everyone from getting bored and our MC was so energetic. Their technique of having a DJ and an MC is perfect. Our MC was always checking in with us to make sure we were ready and making sure that anything people requested out of the norm, was ok with us. Just great!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM did an amazing job to accomadate everything we wanted. They went above and beyond our expectations and everyone at the end of the night couldn't stop telling us how fun our wedding was. Chris did a fantastic job with keeping great music playing all night and John did a wonderful job keeping our crowd up interacting with everything. We couldn't of asked for anything more!! THANKS AGAIN SKM!

~The Newlyweds ~
Brandon & Alysha

Profile Picture Alysha, 3/10/12, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

I will highly recommend SKM Entertainment for anyones wedding. They were so professional and delivered a fantastic atmosphere for our wedding. Miles was our MC. He was awesome. Our wedding was in February when the weather was absolutely beautiful so we had a LOT of people out on the patio of our venue and he did a great job getting them in to dance. We had Miles, a lighting guy and a DJ and they were all amazing. Great teamwork. Everyone at the reception told me they loved them. I would definitely suggest them for any event!!

Profile Picture Megan, 2/18/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM totally exceeded our expectations! They were perfect! Not only did SKM play the music we wanted, but they totally ran and organized the reception. Everything ran so smoothly because SKM kept it fun, kept the guests entertained, and allowed us to enjoy every part of our day. They are amazing not only at playing the music you want, but also reading the vibe of the crowd and entertaining accordingly. We are so thankful for SKM and their flawless performance from our first meeting with their office staff to the exit of our reception! Thank you so much!
Hillary and Tony Barnette

Profile Picture Hillary, 12/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very happy with SKM. They pretty much had their own itinerary and worked with some of the genres we selected. They were professional and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our guest really enjoyed themselves and danced the night away.

Profile Picture Monique, 11/19/11, 6 Reviews