146 Reviews for SKM Entertainment

Projector (2)
Video Projection (1)
Flat Screen (1)
146 SKM Entertainment Reviews

Our wedding was on November 2nd, 2014 and their service was GREAT! The communication level was consistent and they met all of our needs. The preparation details were also very detailed. The music was really good, but at times the selections where slower and I think they played too many FULL songs, they could have down more cutting of the music to keep the pace up. Our MC just was AMAZING! he was flexible and very personable. All in all, they were great and i would recommend them. especially if you want a safe and reliable choice.

Profile Picture ZsaVay, 11/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have been happier with our DJ and MC for our wedding. They provided great insight to making our night OUR night, but also comfortable and fun for our guests of all ages. The music was great, the interaction activities were so fun - thank you very much!
Kevin - you rocked as the MC - thank you for everything!!

Profile Picture Hattie, 10/25/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Kevin our MC was great, he totally got our vision and he worked with us to add some awesome special touches, like the wedding party entering to wrestling theme songs. The online system they give you to use was so helpful, it was great to be able to list songs we had to have, would like and absolute do not plays. It let us customize at our own pace and everyone with SKM we talked with was a joy and very enthusiastic about all of our ideas. They got people on the dance floor and I know a few of the single girls quite liked the MC. SKM was great and I'm so glad we went with them!

Profile Picture Amber, 10/24/14, 2 Reviews

We used SKM entertainment at our 10/18/14 wedding. We loved how interactive the
planning tools online were - we were able to enter all important information during our planning process (everything from how to pronounce our wedding party's names to what songs to NOT play under any circumstances). We met also met with our MC Gary Jenkins a few weeks the wedding and basically went through a detailed schedule of entire night's events! It was so great to show up to the wedding and not worry what time we were going to have each dance, the cake cutting, etc, because Gary took care of it all! Our guests had such a great time dancing, and we loved how interactive Gary was - he knew how to keep people on the dance floor and we loved the games and activities scattered throughout the night that kept all our non-dancers entertained too!

We also used SKM's uplighting and photo booth - the photo booth was a huge hit with our guests and the props were so fun.

My only teeny tiny complaint with SKM was that when we received our final invoice, there was a note that said that we could take a $50 discount if we paid by check. Well I've never been one to take a discount so I subtracted it off the total and mailed in my check! Later that week we got a call from their office saying 'well we understand how you would have read it that way (what other way would I have read it?), but we actually meant if you paid your entire balance by check then you could take the discount'. That catch was not mentioned on the invoice, and it wasn't mentioned when we paid our deposit either, so since we used a credit card for the deposit, we had to mail a 2nd check for $50. Not a deal-breaker by any means, but it was definitely an annoyance to deal with a few weeks before our wedding.

Overall I would definitely recommend Gary and SKM for an awesome and stress-free wedding!

Profile Picture Lydia, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Miles at SKM was wonderful! He kept the party going for our wedding reception! He played the right music, kept the guests entertained and interacting with one another and really paid attention to the type of party we wanted. He was so professional on the mic yet so down to earth too! We had an amazing time! Thank you Miles and SKM!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Justin our MC rocked our wedding!! :) They made it outstanding! Without Justin, our wedding would not have flowed well, and nobody would have had as much fun as they did! They say that your wedding depends on how well your DJ does, and our wedding ROCKED because our MC and DJ ROCKED!!!! :) Thank you SKM for making our wedding so memorable!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We had Justin as our MC and he was awesome! One of the many comments we had about our wedding was how smoothly the night went and how organized it was. Justin had a huge hand in that! We had met prior to the wedding to work on the timeline and iron out the details, and he executed it perfectly! The music choices were great, his humor was spot on, and his tone was serious where it should have been.
These guys have experience and suggested games and activities that were perfect. Everyone had a great time and there was never a dull moment.
We also used their photo booth and up lights. The photo booth was open and was operated smoothly. It was busy all night and we had no complaints! The props were very cool too! Can complain about the up lights, they lit up and remained lit the whole night!
I certainly would recommend Justin and SKM!

Profile Picture Jinju, 7/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
0.5

SKM ruined my wedding. These memories are irreplaceable.

Profile Picture laura, 7/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor, Videography

I would highly recommend SKM Entertainment to any brides looking to get married in Arizona, hiring them was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. All I remember is saying the most sincere THANK YOU to my DJ Justin after our wedding in June. The whole day was somewhat of a blur, but I knew Justin had single handily made my wedding reception a wild success and made it something my family and friends will talk about for years to come. SKM did an initial interview with my husband and I where they let us tell them about our wants and needs. With their knowledge and experience of weddings, they helped us plan a fun and flawless reception. A couple weeks prior to the wedding we met again with our DJ and together we created a very detailed schedule of events for the evening. Our DJ Justin worked with the wedding coordinator at our venue to make sure everything went smoothly.

Profile Picture LeeAnne, 6/14/14, 1 Review
0.0

They called days before our wedding saying we were responsible for their table and table skirting because it was at a residence. This was not agreed on during our initial booking or at the run through with our mc. Our big day we arrived and they were playing horrible elevator music. My mother, photographers and finally my husbands father had to pretty much yell at for them to change the music.Our ceremony was supposed to start at five and our photographer had to ask them to let everyone know to be seated.The mixed up our walk down the isle song. We had been reassured questions for the shoe game would be proof read and appropriate things would be asked. To me who would be a stripper first or who likes to sleep naked aren't appropriate. We also agreed that we would have a well wishes dance no mention of money whatsoever. Our mc said line up for the well wishes dance or better known as the money dance if you'd like to give them your dollars. & to make it even better the first song they played for this dance was I want to be a millionaire so f***ing bad. No edit for that song I guess because it just continues to spew out the f word and nobody bothered to change the song. I had to argue with them that we couldn't cut the cake until our photographers were done eating and not in the bathroom. But they continued to insist now now now! Why would we cut the cake with no photographers ready!?!? As the night rolled around the one and only dog I requested got shut down and they told me there was lots of requests ahead of mine and my husbands. Last time I checked it was our wedding so we should get moved to the front of the line.As the night came to an end our mc found my sister to make her get him a plate so that he could take cake home to his wife because he always had to bring her a piece....He also came around and told us goodbye over and over im assuming for a tip but after spending 2500 on them and horrible customer service and lack of professionalism why would we tip them.

Profile Picture User4426043, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing DJ and entertainment team! Justin did such a great job, we absolutely loved him :)

Profile Picture Angela, 4/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Very great service of a wedding I went to. Great sounding equipment and very professional DJ. All around great job.

Profile Picture User4017303, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave went above and beyond! Everything went perfectly and he made sure that everything went smoothly!! Such a great DJ!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 4/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Skm was wonderful! They made our reception so much fun and were able to really cater to the needs of everyone involved in our big day.

Profile Picture User4010617, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with SKM Entertainment!!!! They put on a great show and made our wedding a night to remember. Justin and team were amazing. They made the entire process seemless. Also, if you plan to have a photobooth then I would highly recommend using SKM. It's one less vendor to work with and it's a service they provide.

Profile Picture Katie, 3/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The SKM team will blow you away. The presentation they prepare to showcase what they have to offer is so professional and thorough. You will know for sure whether or not it's a fit by the end. If you are lucky enough to go this direction, you will find that deadlines are met, reminders are sent, the staff is friendly and they make your special day feel effortless. We're so happy to have worked with SKM!

Profile Picture User3961551, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Skm is the greatest! They always got back to me within a day! I couldnt tell you the amount of compliments we got about how awesome our mc Dave was. Hes great! Use skm!!!

Profile Picture Leanna, 2/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had so much fun at my daughter's wedding!!!! The music was perfect! Nathan kept the dance floor packed the entire night!!!! He had helped us pick the perfect songs for the special events like the garter toss and the bouquet toss, cake cutting, entrance songs, etc. The whole evening just flowed so well! The uplights also really added to the atmosphere of the venue! I am so glad we went with the color changing lights for the daning protion of the evening! We loved working with Nathan and the rest of the SKM crew!! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 1/24/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so happy we hired Justin from SKM Entertainment for our wedding! We were looking for a DJ that would help make our wedding the fun party we wanted it to be and after meeting with a few companies it was easy to pick SKM. They are incredibly organized, professional, friendly and highly trained in making events special. Justin was our mc and from our first meeting we liked him. He took a genuine interest in making our wedding day perfect and seemed just as excited as we were about it. We loved that he is passionate about what he does. We gave him the freedom to read the crowd and decide what to play to keep the party going and he did an amazing job! Our reception rocked! He really made the night fun and we can't thank him enough!
SKM also provided colored lighting, a monogram/logo spotlight, and a photobooth for our big day too. Every bit of it was perfect. The colored lighting really helped make the space special and we are so glad we decided to spend a little extra to do it. The monogram/logo spotlight was so perfect. We took the monogram/logo from our invitations and used it on the cake, the favors, and the programs so it was extra special to have it lit up on the wall. Justin made that happen. He took extra time to make sure the logo was perfect before turning it into a light. He even sent us a better quality vector file of it than what we had to begin with. And the photobooth was a blast! I just went through all of the pictures from it again and laughed out loud. Our guests absolutely loved it and so did we! We used the keepsake album as a guest book and as pictures were printed that night our guests signed them and left us messages.
Thank you Justin and SKM for making our day so amazing, we loved working with you!

Profile Picture Cara, 11/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Very well prepared and easy to work with. With SKM, you definitely get what you pay for. They are thorough, detailed, and really work to make the day as painless as possible. Awesome job.

Profile Picture User4182296, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

I can't tell you enough how much we LOVED working with SKM Entertainment! They are so organized and take great care of you throughout the entire planning process! We met with Nathan to discuss our vision and the type of music we liked, he asked us the perfect questions and paired us with the PERFECT MC for our wedding!! Kevin was absolutely amazing. Everyone loved him, I am still getting compliments about him!. My 75 year old grandmother even said he was the best MC she had ever heard! Not only was he prepared but he was able to "wing it" when we had some delays, no one even noticed! Jasmine was great as well, she kept everything going smoothly and transitioned the music perfectly. I would highly recommend them to anyone and will definitely use them again in the future!! Thank you for making our wedding so memorable! :)

Profile Picture Courtney, 11/2/13, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Justin was very easy to work with, the first meeting with him he was very friendly and gave great tips for the music, and listening to what we were looking for. People in my family that have never danced in public were on the floor so that was great. Even when there was a slight lag in participation Justin was on the floor keeping the kids entertained.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/30/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

I am so glad we chose SKM Entertainment for our wedding! We received so many compliments from our family and friends, and we had the best night of our lives! Everything from the initial booking, to planning with our MC, to the actual wedding day was effortless and perfect. Gary had great ideas and suggestions, and he's great at what he does. Gary and Miles interacted with our guests, got everyone's energy up for the big events throughout the evening and just led the night flawlessly. I don't think I got off the dance floor once all night. Thanks, SKM! If we had to go back and do it again we would definitely still choose them.

Profile Picture User2643592, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We chose SKM and our MC, Justin after seeing them in action at a bridal show and we are so glad that we did! They did the music and sound for the ceremony as well as the lights and music for the reception. It was all flawless! The ambiance and energy that they helped to create ensured that everyone had a great time. Thank you for all that you did to make the day so special!

Profile Picture Victoria, 10/12/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

SKM was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. I was worried when first selecting them because they are a bit pricey, but after meeting Nathan at a bridal show, I was intrigued enough to set up a consultation. My husband and I were immediately impressed with how thorough they were in the planning process and booked them despite the cost. It was totally worth it. Nathan (our MC) was super helpful with all of my planning questions throughout the process, even answering annoying texts from me the week of the wedding with last minute questions. He offered great suggestions for timelines and songs for events. The event itself was spectacularly run. The two-person team was flawless. All of the transitions from tradition to tradition were well handled. They coordinated with all of the other vendors well and with the guests. Nathan consistently checked in with us to make sure we were having a good time. He was involved with our guests, asking them what they wanted to hear and actually playing those songs (My uncle leapt out of his seat when Brick House, his choice, came on). Nathan learned important people’s names and used them at the wedding. He involved guests at all stages so there was never a dull moment. He even got out on the dance floor and taught guests the wobble. Our guests raved about SKM and their experience. SKM definitely made our wedding unforgettable for us and all of our guests.

Profile Picture Lani, 10/4/13, 8 Reviews