Sinkland Farms Reviews

7 | Christiansburg, VA

7 Reviews for Sinkland Farms

shelley · event on: 05/31/2015

Best venue we have ever used! Won't go anywhere else now.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Allison · Married on 05/26/2012

Perfect place for a wedding. Susan is so fun to work with. The venue had exactly what we wanted.... an outside area with gorgeous views, and a backup really chic barn that we desperately needed and were happy to have when it poured rain on our wedding day!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/04/2015

Sinkland Farms was the perfect venue for my rehearsal dinner, day of preparation, ceremony, reception, and fireworks show. The value we received was greater than what we paid and I could not have been happier. Sinkland Farms provided us (at an extra charge) with many of the rentals we needed, including chairs, decorations, and picnic tables. The manor house, also an add-on, was spectacular and large enough for my entire bridal party to get ready in. My bridal portraits were also taken in the house. Sinkland Farms was very flexible and allowed us to host a fireworks show at the end of the evening. They moved items that we did not want and provided us with many, many options for decor and setting. We chose to hold the ceremony in the meadow behind the ice cream shoppe in front of the iconic tree. The pictures were astounding. The only stress that I ran into at this venue came with curating the decor; I found their inventory to be a little bit disorganized which caused me to feel a little overwhelmed. Having said that, I was still able to find and use everything I could have wanted, so this did not detract from the experience overall. I could not recommend this venue highly enough if you are looking for a shabby-chic, rustic wedding venue.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2012

Sinkland Farms provided an AMAZING location for our wedding - we had the perfect day weather wise which just enhanced the beauty of this location. It's quaint, rustic and completely gorgeous. They are in the process of upgrading their facility which should only make this place an even better choice for an event. We are SO happy we picked Sinkland!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

3.2
      2.0

This is a hard one, the place is amazing and our wedding was beyond beautiful! The team here is hard to work with. They never knew who I was, example being when we came to visit and pay our second deposit I was asked if "what weekend I was looking for?" I met the owner several times and the day before my wedding she thought my father and I were there to help paint her cows. They are difficult to get in touch with, and the whole time we had a lot of anxiety about whether our date was really saved. In the end the wedding was gorgeous and it was everything I ever dreamed of, so if you choose this venue, make sure you are on top of the people you work with there and very organized to keep track of what you have already done or amount paid to them.

Sent on 09/29/2014
  • Makaely

Makaely · Married on 05/25/2019

1.0

Brides do not use this venue!

ATTENTION ALL BRIDES!!! Do not book your wedding at Sinkland Farms. I just had my wedding there and good lord do I have a story to tell. But this property has A LOT of improving to do. If only I knew how poorly the management was I would have ran out of that place and never looked back.

My stories starts 4 months before my wedding where I received a text from the venue coordinator (the lady I have been talking to on a week to week basis about wedding details and etc.) saying I no longer work here and the Owner will now be your main point of contact here is her number… my heart sank for a second. The lady that I have been working with for over half a year is no longer going to be there for my wedding! I personally had to reach out the owner (which I thought was very unprofessional) and she told me she would be doing my wedding. She assured my day would be perfect and so on.

Month of wedding: I had set up an appointment with her to a do preliminary walk through with her because I had a weary feeling about how unorganized she was and kept remember all the promises she made me and kept saying the day will be perfect and not worry about anything. But she wasn’t very convincing. We arrive and the venue is a cluttered mess (not the first time it has looked like this) The owner doesn’t show up until 35 minutes after our arranged time. Mind you, her house is 25 feet from the venue. I was already ticked off that we had to wait for her. As I was talking to her she kept calling me by the wrong name and was so unorganized. She loves to nickel and dime people. She would offer me a decoration piece and I would tell her “I loved it - that will look great!” she would reply with something like “Oh great! That will be another $50!!” I was getting slightly agitated as she knew we were on a budget but she kept pushing for the extra charges.

Final walk through: So many things were promised to us. For example, she told us that the venue would be set up exactly how we discussed and we were able to come in at 8 am and start setting up. We went through everything including where we needed tables, how we wanted the benches and pews, what time we were coming what we wanted done and everything. We were all on the same page that day.. so we thought anyway.

Rehearsal day/wedding: We are so excited! We brought family and bridal party at 8 am ready to go. She informs that her crew won’t be showing up until 9:30 to get the venue ready!!! I walk in to the barn NOTHING was changed from the final walk through to the day of the rehearsal. We could barely do anything venue related until way later that morning.
    On top of EVERYTHING not being ready/cleaned the freezer was broken and the main refrigerator wasn’t working well as it was dripping water into the fridge. You would think she would of checked these before hosting an event? They did replace the main freezer with a smaller freezer but it was a process and it took over half the day to freeze our items that needed freezing. By the freezer being broken set us back even more!

We hired Sinkland Farms bartenders and as my father and I were getting ready to go down the aisle the bartenders show up… Mind you, cocktail hour is in 25 minutes!!! She was very cold and not friendly at first. The Cocktail hour starts and no drinks were cold, no signature cocktails were mixed it was a freaking disaster. We had a fun crowd and people were looking forward to a cold beer that we couldn’t deliver on. Lastly, she kept referring to our family as the Anderson's. Clearly, that was not our last name…It was absolutely RIDICULOUS.

There is much more to this story but this post is already long enough. This venue is not worth your money! If I could do it all over again I would not put myself, my family, and my vendors through that disastrous place again. After reading this you are probably thinking poor girl but honestly our wedding turned out perfect; it was amazing but, ONLY because of the vendors we hired and our awesome family and friends.

Sent on 06/11/2019