Sincerely, The Kitchens Reviews

View more information

• lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 10/26/2019

BEST Photo/Video Duo in the DMV

We are SO thankful that we chose The Kitchens as our photography/videography vendors. From the very first phone call that I had with Julia, I felt like we were instant friends- she was so easy to talk to and she did not beat around the bush with what they offer. Julia did our engagement shoot and we were super nervous that we would come off awkward in the photos, but she made us look like professional models! I had heard from other brides that it's best to choose a photographer and videographer that have worked together for a cohesive experience & product, and The Kitchens navigated our wedding seamlessly. None of our engagement or wedding photos felt posed, they really convey the love that we share. Julia sent about 30 sneak peaks 3 days after the wedding and they are INCREDIBLE! We can't wait to see the rest & our video from Garrett. We love The Kitchens!
  • Shannon
    Shannon B. Married on 09/07/2019

A joy to work with

Hiring the Kitchens to photograph our wedding was hands down the best decision we made. Everything was seamless from start to finish and my family still talks about how polite and professional they were during the entire event. Honestly they are truly genuine and a joy to work with, not to mention incredibly talented, and they gave us moments we will cherish forever. We can’t thank them enough!
    Kelly S. Married on 08/11/2019

Best decision I made for our wedding day!

The wedding planning process can be difficult but choosing the Kitchens to shoot our wedding was by far the easiest and best decision I ever made!! Julia made us feel so comfortable and truly captured who we are and why we love each other so much. Julias style and attention to detail was unrivaled. She was the most genuine, sweetest person and I could not recommend her amazing team enough!!
    Angie S. Married on 06/15/2019

5 stars all the way.

5 stars all the way.
    As a wedding planner, I always encourage my couples to choose a photographer based on 2 things, skill and connection. Julia and Garrett are incredibly talented in their craft but more importantly their passion is unparalleled. They love their couples and treat each one in a very special way, they take the time to get to know them and connect with them on a deeper level allowing them to truly capture the essence of who they are. From a planners perspective, they're equally awesome. They are flexible and encourage everyone to stay in the moment and enjoy the process. Julia and Garrett are naturals.
    Thanks for sharing your talent with the world, there are so many love stories to be told. Can wait to share more of them with Sincerely the Kitchens.
    xoxo.
    Eventfully Yours
    Melanie Married on 06/01/2019

The sweetest photographers

Julia and Garrett were so amazing to work with! They were easy to communicate and plan with prior to the wedding. On the wedding day they were fun and laid back which made everyone feel comfortable. They are truly talented and amazing at what they do. We can't wait to see more of their work in the future!
  • Erin
    Erin M. Married on 05/18/2019

Simply Incredible

Photography for my wedding was probably the most important thing to me, so I searched long and hard for the right fit. The second I came across Julia's page I loved her style and edits, and I immediately reached out! She was super prompt and amazing about answering all of my many questions, and my now-husband and I even got lunch with her, Garrett, and their adorable son Cove. They quickly seemed like close friends we had known for years- which helped the photo-taking process on the day of seem so easy and effortless! I warned Julia that we were fairly awkward in front of a camera, and she somehow managed to turn that into the most adorable, quirky photos that captured us perfectly. I am so blown away by how beautiful our photos are. Julia captured so many moments that I hadn't even thought about, and I honestly can't stop looking at the photos months later, and I don't think I ever will! I will continue to use Julia for every momentous occasion that my little family goes through, and I will recommend her to every single person I know getting married. You can not find a better photographer or human being, I promise.
  • Chanelle
    Chanelle O. Married on 05/11/2019

Absolute perfection!

Words cannot express how amazing SincerelyTheKitchens are! I would absolutely recommend them in a heartbeat. Not only are they amazing people in general, but their work is absolutely breathtaking. We couldn’t be more satisfied with our wedding pictures and video! On a 10 point scale, we would rate them a 100!
    Maggie Married on 02/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

All I can say is WOW. Before I even got engaged I would stalk the Kitchen's Instagram feed. Their photos were seriously gorgeous! I knew, without a doubt, I wanted them to do my wedding. Julia always made everyone look so good in her photos, and since I am truly the most awkward person in the world, I was hoping she could work a miracle. Guess what? She did! I submitted a request through her website not long after getting engaged and she emailed me back the next day. We spoke on the phone and she got some background on my relationship and what I wanted for my wedding and engagement photos. She made everything so easy! She spoke about Cove, her baby boy, and Garrett, her husband, and I felt super comfortable with booking her for our wedding. She seemed so real. At first, I wanted to just have her do photos and declined getting a video. But after thinking about it for a few weeks I added the video on. BEST DECISION EVER!! Get the video. No regrets. These two are amazing. Truly.
    Tabatha L. Married on 10/19/2018

Looooveed!! Sooo much fun!!

Julia did our family photos... my son had never been photographed so he was allll over the place!! She was fantastic with him and sooo patient. I just knew the we’d hardly have any photos come out but I was completely wrong! Not only did they look great but there were so many!!
    The best part is she made it such a fun experience!! Love them!
    Highly recommended!! 💗
    Cheyanne B. Married on 09/23/2018

Professional, relaxing, fun

This is the girl (or couple ;)) to go to! They’re so professional, talented and most importantly kind. We got our (surprise) engagement photos and our wedding done by Julia and she is absolutely phenomenal! We loved every photo and loved sharing our special moments with her! they mean so much to us. ❤️
    Kathleen Married on 07/07/2018
    Julia and Garrett Kitchen have been such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding process! They are so kind and make you feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. They are incredibly talented and capture the emotions associated with the memories in every photograph. We had so much fun working with them and are so grateful to them for beautifully capturing our wedding!
    Cait Married on 06/14/2018
    I have worked with Julia and Garrett for almost 4 years now from engagement photos, to wedding photos, birth announcement videos and now maternity photos. I could not think of anyone else I would rather have capture those special moments in our lives. Such a great couple to work with! They are the BEST.
    Emily Married on 05/25/2018
    If I could give Julia and Garrett a 100/10 I would. After booking my venue they were the first vendor I booked. I spent quite a long time researching and trying to find someone with the style I had in mind for my photos and the Kitchens totally nailed it. We met Julia for our engagement session and we were a little nervous because we had never taken professional pictures before and she vibed with us so well and made the whole experience fun and natural. For our wedding day, we met Garrett the videographer and their second shooter Madeline. They were professional, sweet, and so accommodating. Just one day after our wedding we got at least 15 photos edited back as a sneak peak, which we weren't even expecting! It was so nice and my husband and I are in love with every single shot! We can't wait to see the rest and our video. We have been getting so many compliments, even still over our beautiful engagement shoot! I am so glad I chose the Kitchens for our wedding day and I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing photographers.
  • Ally
    Ally Married on 04/21/2018

Julia & Garret were AMAZING! We love our engagement photos, wedding photos and wedding video!

Julia & Garret were AMAZING! They were so helpful throughout the wedding planning process, and our engagement photos, wedding photos and wedding video turned out so much more perfectly than we could have hoped for! We couldn’t be happier!
  • X
    Christina Married on 10/14/2017

Connected with Julia from the 1st phone call

This review is so long overdue! We got married and pregnant and bought a house all before our 1st anniversary , but as I’m finally decorating the walls of our home I was reminded of our beautiful wedding day that Julia so beautiful captured!! Her style was exactly what I was looking for. Everywhere I looked I kept coming across the very pale, bright, white wash and very posed wedding photos that all looked the same to me. Then I stumbled across “sincerely the kitchens” Instagram and felt like I hit the jackpot! From the first phone call I felt like I was talking to an old friend. She got my relaxed vibe, understood my stress and was totally on board with my vision.

Let me just add- we were a busy wild bunch going a million miles an hour and Julia kept up and never once became frustrated chasing us down for photos...all while PREGNANT!

Julia captured more than just photos. She captured moments, feelings, and memories I can travel back to every time I look at our wedding photos. You can’t put a price on that
    Emily Married on 09/16/2017
    Amazing photographers!!! You won't regret having your pictures taken by Sincerely, The Kitchens
    Joanna Married on 09/02/2017
    Julia and Garrett are amazing. I’ve worked with Julia in both a professional and personal setting and she’s incredible! Their work is absolutely beautiful and I would hire them again and again if I could. My wedding day was a bit chaotic and they went with the flow and got some amazing pictures and footage. They are truly unique in their craft and you would definitely be missing out if you didn’t hire them!!
    Kelly R. Married on 06/03/2017
    Julia & Garrett are absolutely amazing! My husband and I were not super used to having our picture taken, let alone video, but they made the whole process so fun for us! I feel like they really captured who we are and were so helpful! Our video of our wedding and ceremony were crystal clear and the sound was amazing! I also couldn’t imagine our photos being any better! I can’t wait to work with them in the future because their editing and their personality is truly spectacular!
    Michelle Married on 05/06/2017
    My husband and I love Julia and are obsessed with her photos. Her editing style is extremely unique and she makes every portrait a work of art. We've had Sincerely, The Kitchens do our engagement photos, wedding photos, and more recently our one year anniversary photos. Julia's second shooter for our wedding was top notch as well. Julia is extremely flexible and down to earth. She seems open to all ideas so feel free to share yours! If you have specific photos you would like to get, have someone with a list of them on your wedding day. They can gather family members or let Julia know about specific shots when there is extra time.
    Sylvana Married on 03/11/2017
    My wedding day, it was 29 degrees with harsh winds, making outside photos a serious struggle. I was entirely convinced we had gotten 2 good shots. When we got our pictures back (quicker than I thought, by the way!), all I saw was photo after photo of perfection! I don’t know how she did it. Sincerely, the Kitchens is the best!!!
    Matt Married on 07/17/2015
    I stumbled upon Julia's work perusing through Instagram and fell in love with her portfolio. Her and Garrett make an incredible husband + wife team. Even though we didn't discover their work until a few months after our wedding - my wife and I made it a point to hire them for our wedding anniversary. Throughout the process, Julia and Garrett were communicative and accommodating and even drove from Delaware to the DC area to do our photoshoot. We ended up hiring them a second time to take photos of our public-facing website for the business my wife and I run. We have nothing but great things to say about Julia and Garrett and cannot wait to hire them for the next phase of our life.
    Sarah Married on 10/04/2014
    Let me just start of by saying Julia is the best! She is super sweet, her pictures are amazing and she is very professional! She’s hardworking and she definitely knows what she’s doing! My husband and I are kind of awkward with getting our pictures taken but Julia made us feel so comfortable and our pictures turned out great! She is my one and only photographer, we even moved 3 hours away and I will still only use her for any pictures I want done! If your looking for a photographer sincerely the kitchens are it.
  • emcknight1517
    Emily Married on 04/28/2018
    I hired Julia and Garrett for their Gold package (2 photographers and 1 videographer for 8 hours, complimentary engagement session). They were a delight to work with. I loved that I could hire a duo that were so in touch with each other in terms of aesthetic and working together. I didn't have to worry about coordinating two separate vendors or finding two vendors who had similar styles.

I worked with Julia more than Garrett and she was my point of contact in terms of planning. She is fairly responsive, but can sometimes be hard to get a hold of. (As of this review they have a 3-4 month old (?) so I can't blame her for delayed responses. The delayed responses did not affect the wedding in any way). They both showed up on time, were professional, and directed me, my bridal party, and my relatives really well. Both Julia and Garrett also printed out my photo list and referred to it frequently throughout the night. They helped me scope out locations for photos when I was getting ready and hadn't really thought about where we were going to have our first look.

Julia and Garrett's work is beautiful and I can't wait to get my wedding photos and video back.
  • Maura
    Maura B. Married on 01/08/2020

Great engagement photos!

Julia from Sincerely The Kitchens captured our engagement pictures in Georgetown. Before the shoot we had to reschedule because of a work conflict and she was so kind and flexible. We were a bit nervous because we never had taken professional pictures before. Julia made it is easy and surprisingly fun! We loved how our pictures turned out and how it captured us authentically.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/04/2019

Cutest Couple, Easy To Work With, Felt Comfortable

When hiring for a photographer and videographer, I really wanted to find a team that could accommodate both with quality. I would come across companies that the pictures were great but the video was subpar, and vice versa. I searched SO many instagrams post until I came across Sincerely The Kitchens. The style of their pictures was exactly the style I was looking for and I truly felt that they delivered to my vision. They were extremely accommodating to our requests. Our engagement pictures were taken in November outside on the water, it was freezing and we went to a few locations, Julia didn't bat an eye! For our video, I requested that Garrett edited in a way that was quick glimpses of our day rather than video that drag out (ex. whole ceremony). He totally met those requests. We never felt awkward around them. They are confident when they are communicating how to arrange your bride party, and they were perfectly on time and jumped right into it. I remember when me and my girls were getting ready I was about to put on my dress and I turned around and BOOM there was a camera on me, literally perfect timing. Overall I would absolutely recommend this team for pictures AND/OR video for your wedding. My only hold up was that I did have to wait 5 months for my video but they are busy and take time on their work so I would rather wait out for quality! Thank you so miuch Julia and Garrett for helping with our wedding!