Simply Makeup & Hair Reviews

Simply Makeup & Hair 7
  • Stella

Stella · Married on 06/15/2019

AMAZING! Highly Recommend!

Haley was amazing from the moment I e-mailed her! She was quick to respond to all my questions. She also was great at finalizing details and sending e-mail reminders before upcoming dates. Kim did my bridal party's makeup and I cannot say enough great things about her! She was AMAZING. She did my trial run before my bridal shower, and when I walked in EVERYONE was staring and asking who did my makeup! She was a sweetheart and my bridesmaids loved her. My mom never gets her makeup done and Kim made her look absolutely beautiful! I was worried we wouldn't find someone to travel out to us and wouldn't find someone since we got engaged in September and married in December, but Haley & Kim made it happen! Thanks so much ladies for your talent and professionalism!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Simply Makeup & Hair 8
    Simply Makeup & Hair 9
    Simply Makeup & Hair 10
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 05/24/2019

Fantastic experience!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Simply Makeup and Hair! From the very beginning, Haley was extremely responsive and very sweet. She kindly connected me with my hairstylist, Chelsea. Chelsea was phenomenal and went above and beyond at the hair trial and on my wedding day. She made me feel comfortable and was adamant about expressing any dislikes because she wants to fulfill your vision. Truly a wonderful experience and 10/10 would encourage all brides to choose Simply Makeup and Hair for their big day!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/18/2019

AMAZING talent, professionalism, and experience!

I am so, so happy that I chose Simply Makeup & Hair for my wedding!! From the very beginning, Haley (the owner) was incredibly sweet, very professional, and impressively quick to respond. She answered all my questions immediately, patiently waited as I researched different options before coming back to her, and honored the original discount that she had first offered to me! Such a great deal! In fact, what stood out the most was that I was one person short (11 instead of 12) for having a second artist come out to my location, and she made an exception. So immensely grateful for her flexibility!
    I truly can't say enough about the incredibly talented makeup and hair artists who work for this company!! Carina did my hair and makeup and made me feel so comfortable during my trial from the very beginning. She listened to exactly what I wanted and made me feel absolutely stunning! She is SO talented, SO nice, and did SUCH a perfect job replicating the real thing for the wedding day! Ariel was the other artist who did hair for us on the day of, and all of my bridesmaids looked absolutely amazing!! They were the best, and I would recommend them 100%!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Simply Makeup & Hair 15
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/12/2019

Felt amazing!

I contacted Haley 3 days prior to my wedding, and she showed.up. She suggested doing my hair and makeup trial the day of my rehearsal, which made both big days look fabulous! Haley herself is so friendly and lovely, she was easy to talk with and knew what to do with my indecisiveness to find a look that was perfect for me. Day of, she was prompt and very quick, my hair and makeup was done ahead of schedule, and held up the entire day. The makeup was so natural, and sturdy, it held up through the rain during pictures and in my ceremony, and I received compliments through the absolute entire evening with how surprised they were with how it held up and still looked so nice. Haley’s calm demeanor helped keep me calm when the day wasn’t going exactly as planned, and her ability to work with me so last minute was astounding. I felt so beautiful on my day, all day, because of Haley (and some great shapewear)! I would recommend her to anyone to know you won’t have to stress, and your will look flawless!

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Simply Makeup & Hair 16
    Simply Makeup & Hair 17
    Simply Makeup & Hair 18
    Simply Makeup & Hair 19

Caroline · Married on 10/19/2018

Highly recommend!

Haley, Kim, and Stephanie were absolutely wonderful. They were professional, attentive, and sweet, not to mention excellent at what they do. Everyone loved the hair and makeup, including those in my wedding party who are usually hard to please. The Simply Makeup and Hair team made my wedding day all the more special with their warmth and friendliness. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome team!

HIGHLY recommend! Haley is so organized and responsive (she wasn't actually one of my artists on the day of but who I coordinated with throughout the months before). Stephanie (makeup artist) is AMAZING! She did my makeup at my friend's wedding in June and Haley was able to work it out to where she could also be at my own October wedding. Stephanie is so fun and down to earth, and absolutely incredible at what she does. Chassity was our second artist and was also wonderful! She was very fast at formal hairstyles (that held throughout the night)... and both Stephanie and Chassity were extremely flexible when it came to squeezing in another hair or lash application on the day of / changing my hair style after the trial / asking Stephanie to use some of my own makeup product. The makeup looked beautiful in person and in pictures and lasted all night for all of the girls. So impressed with this team!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Katie · Married on 09/08/2018

Made me feel like a beautiful bride!

I really enjoyed working with Simply Makeup & Hair. Haley was so quick and responsive for any questions, and Chelsea, our hair and makeup artist was wonderful and so patient, even doing a second trial so we could nail the hair style I was looking for. I was so happy with how it turned out. I felt beautiful on our wedding day!

Sent on 03/05/2019
    Simply Makeup & Hair 20
    Simply Makeup & Hair 21

Tess · Married on 06/23/2018

Haley was professional and prompt in her responses, as well as flexible when I needed to make scheduling changes for my trial. Chassity was an absolute joy to work with, and so great at what she does! Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Tess · Married on 06/02/2018

Haley was very prompt to reply to me when I was making initial inquiries about wedding hair and makeup. I knew that I preferred working with one person who could do both my hair and makeup, but was otherwise at a complete loss. Haley made me feel at ease, and she connected me to Evan at Evolution Salon in Frankfort, KY. I am head-over-heels with my experience with Evan, and I was appreciative of Simply's business model to have Evan come to me for my trial run and wedding day. I highly recommend working with Simply Makeup & Hair if you, like me, had no idea where to begin when it came to wedding day hair and makeup!!

Sent on 06/17/2018
    Simply Makeup & Hair 22
    Simply Makeup & Hair 23

Ada · Married on 12/16/2017

I enjoyed the trial with Amber. The day of the wedding, Amber and Jamie brought their game. My hair turned out even better than the trial and my girls all looked like princesses!

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Simply Makeup & Hair 24
    Simply Makeup & Hair 25
    Simply Makeup & Hair 26

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

Simply Makeup & Hair llc are amazing!! From the beginning Haley was quick to answer my emails and answer all of my questions. I did my trial with Chelsea in February and she came right my apartment. She was so friendly, professional, and easy to work with. Haley provided a timeline for hair and makeup a month in advance. Chelsea and Ariel were on time and set up by the time my bridesmaids and I arrived. I changed my hairstyle because the weather was extremely warm that day and Chelsea came up with a hairstyle that was 10x better than my trial!! I highly recommend Simply Makeup & Hair because they are amazing at what they do, are beyond professional, and were so much fun to work with!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Marie · Married on 01/01/2017

Haley was such a nice lady overall! Of course her technique was great but her personality, talks with my girls while getting ready, Hale made the prep time fun and exciting. She also gave us some makeup tips and my girls loved it! She was also good with my photographer. I would highly recommend her to any brides!

Sent on 01/29/2017
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 09/30/2016

My hair and makeup was STUNNING! I have very heavy hair and Becki managed to keep it perfectly in place all night! I got the airbrush makeup done as well and it didn't smudge or run at all! Very pleased with how it turned out!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/13/2016

These girls are amazing!!! I had Mollie and Erica on my wedding day. They showed up early and were so professional. They fit right in with my group of girlfriends. I felt like I'd known them for years. I was in a wedding a few months before mine and the hair and make up girls were a disaster. So these women were a breath of fresh air. I had so many compliments on my hair and makeup throughout the day. I had the air brush makeup and it lasted all day. Even after getting caught in the rain and humidity. I didn't have to reapply a single time. I highly recommend this company. Haley, the owner, responded to every email I sent within hours. She was very nice and helpful.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Jamie · Married on 08/13/2016

I absolutely loved my hair and makeup. They came right to our hotel room. They stayed on time and were flexible with whatever we asked. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/14/2016

I had my hair and makeup done by Christine from Simply Makeup & Hair and she was amazing! Chelsea did all of my bridesmaids makeup, and Christine did their hair. We had three extra applications at the last minute and she was able to squeeze them in without a problem. They were able to do seven peoples hair/ makeup and finished an hour and a half earlier than planned. Their work was amazing! I will definitely be using them again. My sister has already planned on using her, as well as one other bridesmaid. Christine was able to duplicate any picture that we showed her. I was unable to do a trail run due to being out of town and she did better than I could have asked for on the day of.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Concetta · Married on 06/17/2016

Wonderful, wonderful services!! My bridesmaids and I looked gorgeous and our hair and makeup stayed beautiful all day long!! Christina was fast and amazing! Not only did our hair and makeup look amazing, but she was so professional and speedy that we had plenty of time to relax before the actual ceremony! Can not recommend highly enough!!

Sent on 06/25/2016
  • kristinh528

Kristin · Married on 05/28/2016

I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to have the makeup artists come to you. It took off so much of the stress of the day. The price was affordable for the service that we receive. If you are on the fence about getting one, I highly recommend that you do. Huge shout out to Amber! She was AMAZING! I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and everyone keeps telling me I was the most beautiful bride they've ever seen. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I give all the credit to her. She was top notch, flexible, and timely! I was so happy with her service. I felt absolutely beautiful and confident on my wedding day. My makeup lasted way after the night ended without even getting shiny (I'm a very oily person). I don't know how she did it but she has some extreme talent. I had a girl at my wedding come up to me to specifically tell me how on point my makeup was. She also did the makeup for my bridesmaids and each one of them said they felt beautiful. Amber did my hair as well and it was stunning. I was so in love with it! We were also very happy with the hairstylist for my bridesmaids/mothers, Jamie. She was so sweet and did such a lovely job on their hair. I let the girls do what they want but wanted a common theme to them. I wanted a braid in each of their hair. She did a great job incorporating that into each one. They all liked their hairstyles, although different, they flowed. I will always remember that night and how thankful I am to these two ladies! <3

Sent on 06/13/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/22/2016

Chelsea was wonderful and listened to what I wanted, and what I wanted changed from the trial to have on my wedding day. The makeup lasted all day, but I didn't even feel like I was wearing any because it wasn't caked on or anything. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Katie · Married on 05/14/2016

Mollie was so incredibly sweet and an absolute pleasure to work with. She always responded quickly to any communications, and at the hair and makeup trial, she worked with me to tweak the initial hairstyle until it was exactly what I envisioned. I met up with a friend after the trial, and she was amazed at how natural the makeup looked!

A week or so before the wedding, I received a detailed breakdown of everyone's appointment times, and two days before the wedding, Mollie was kind enough to add a last-minute hair request from my mother-in-law to the schedule. The day of the wedding, she showed up at the house right on time and expertly moved through everyone's hair and makeup so that we were all ready to go when the limo arrived. It was so relaxing being able to have everyone get ready at the house and not have to run around at a salon. Finally, the airbrush makeup was flawless and both my hair and makeup stayed put from 11 a.m. until the evening ended at midnight!

Sent on 05/25/2016

I'm from Ohio, but have lived out of state for the last six years. Because of this, I didn't have a local hair/makeup person to refer back to for my wedding day. I did some research online and came across Simply Hair & Makeup. They have a great website/social media, and endless positive reviews. After pricing out several places, they seemed very comparable and didn't tack on a lot of little charges (travel fee, eyelash fee, late booking fee, etc.). I didn't even contact SH&M until close to a month before the wedding. This didn't phase them in the least and I quickly booked a trial. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication and Haley and I ended up in different cities at the scheduled trial time. Haley was extremely apologetic, and quickly rescheduled. The trial itself went great, and I really felt like Haley listened to and understood any preferences and changes I wanted to make. They were on time the day of the wedding, and we even ended hair and makeup well ahead of schedule. Haley and Ariel were both so sweet. I'd definitely recommend SM&H!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Chelsea · Married on 12/13/2015

Haley was amazing! I had 4 unfortunate hair trials before I found her. It seemed that no would could do my hair the way I envisioned it for my wedding. BUT SHE DID IT EXACTLY THE WAY I PICTURED IT. Not only did she do my wedding hair, which was absolutely perfect, she also did all of my bridesmaids. They showed her a picture of what they wanted, and she was able to do each bridesmaid in 30 minutes! She is amazing and I would highly recommended her!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Kathryn · Married on 11/21/2015

Haley and Brook did such an amazing job with all of my bridesmaids and moms hair and makeup. We threw in an extra hair design at the last minute and they worked their magic to 'make it work'. They arrived right on time in the early hours of my wedding day and work tirelessly with a smile. I would highly recommend them to any friend, family member or fellow bride to be :)

Sent on 12/18/2015
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 11/14/2015

Haley was sent to me from the heavens. I had hair and makeup services set up and it fell through about 4 weeks before the wedding. Haley swooped in and took care of everything. She got me in for a trial appointment right away and blew me away with the fantastic job she did. She was super easy to communicate with and was in general just a joy to be around. She's a super warm and kind person and was extraordinarily easy to work with her. I felt gorgeous on my wedding day and the ladies in the wedding party were absolutely beautiful as well. I would recommend her wholeheartedly and without hesitation to anyone needing hair and makeup for their special event.

Sent on 12/30/2015

My make and hair trial was great, and we decided pretty early on what type of hairdo I wanted and how I wanted my makeup to look. She went out of her way to find very light brown fake lashes for me (I am a ginger, and my eyelashes are naturally white - not so great for the camera!), and even though they were not my cup of tea, she did them very well and my pictures look great! She was completely on time for my wedding day appointment, and made sure my hair was going to stay in place during all the dancing! I couldn't have been happier, because I never do my hair and makeup - this was an essential part of my day!

Sent on 11/30/2015