117 Reviews for Simply Gourmet Weddings

Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
117 Simply Gourmet Weddings Reviews

I hired simply gourmet catering for my wedding catering after our first tasting, the food was absolutely delicious and it truly set them apart from the other caterers in the area. We also chose Jamie as our wedding coordinator. I am in graduate school and got married in the middle of it (YA IM CRAZY LOL), so without her help I don't know how I would have done it all! She was very organized and super prompt when answering emails. It is apparent she has a ton of experience under her belt! She was able to help us come up with Plan A, B, and even C if weather conditions were to change the day of the wedding --- and they did!! We were so happy with everything Jamie did-- from coordinating with all the vendors, making sure we were staying on timeline, and even saving us food that we missed out on eating because we were so busy getting pictures done!! Overall A+ rating!! Thanks again for everything Simply Gourmet! We highly recommend !

Profile Picture Rachael, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Vegetarian

My wife and I recently got married and spent a lot of time trying to find the right caterer for this big event. We reached out to many caterers but ended up going with Simply Gourmet for many reasons. They were quick in their response back to us, their pricing was very reasonable, they put together a taste testing for us which made all the difference. Their food was amazing and the portions were perfect not to much food and not to little. They also make the most amazing amaretto cookies I have ever had. Since we did not have the money to hire a complete wedding planner we used Simply Gourmets Day of Wedding services. Jamie the owner did such a great job at organizing our wedding and making sure everything was on time. She followed up with our vendors as well to ensure they knew what times to be there and where to setup. It allowed my wife and I to just sit back relax and enjoy our day without worrying about the wedding. Their catering staff was top notch to, they were very punctual and professional. The waitresses were kind and helpful to all of our guests and when the wedding was over, they made sure everything was cleaned up and looked like it did when we arrived. This allowed us to get our deposit back from the venue. If your contemplating and procrastinating over which caterer to go with, you will be extremely satisfied if you choose Simply Gourmet. They also have many contacts in the rental area for weddings. You can get everything you need from food, drinks, chairs, tables, plates, glasses, linens and of course their top notch service all in one place with them. Do yourself a favor and go with Simply Gourmet, save yourself the headache you might get from other caterers. You will have the best wedding every if you do. Thank you Jamie, Becky and the Simply Gourmet team for making our wedding so special and allowing us to enjoy this memorable day with our friends and family. You guys are the best!!!

Profile Picture Michael, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, American

The food for our wedding was simply superb! The quality and the presentation looked straight out of a magazine. One of my favorite things about Simply Gourmet is that unlike many other vendors, Simply Gourmet cooks their food onsite. It makes such a difference! Also, Becky was such a doll to work with. We can't wait to use them for Thanksgiving this year! =)

Profile Picture Tara, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Absolutely amazing catering! Everything from our tasting to the wedding night was perfect! Their attention to detail was incredible. They really listened to what we wanted and I felt like our menu was very personal.
Becky was our coordinator and she ensured the entire wedding ran smoothly, she even helped my mum build my wedding cake.
Very affordable. High quality, fresh food! We got so many compliments on the catering which I don't think many people can say of their wedding food! They even gave me and the groom a dinner plate with a little of each food option on it so we got to taste everything!!
AMAZING!

Profile Picture charlotte , 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Simply Gourmet catered our wedding on Saturday and we could not be happier. The chef, Larry, has previous experience as a chef in New York (where we are from) and his food is excellent; simple yet elegant and surprisingly affordable for the quality he puts out. Our guests who, came from around the world, were very impressed.

Becky, the wedding coordinator through Simply Gourmet, was also amazing. It sadly rained on our day but she was upbeat and responsive throughout, and worked hard to allow for some of the reception to still take place outside after the rain had stopped. She also helped to move decorations around inside the Edson Keith Mansion (where our wedding took place), to ensure that the indoor ceremony was just as lovely as the outdoor one would have been.

I highly recommend Simply Gourmet for any wedding or event.

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

I cannot say enough about Becky and the team at Simply Gourmet. We enlisted their services for both catering and day-of coordination, and the entire event was PERFECT. Planning from afar added an extra level of stress but the communication Becky had with our other vendors put everyone at ease, and we knew we were in good hands. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was, and the entire night ran smoothly. Do not think twice about going with Simply Gourmet!!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/1/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Simply Gourmet was the caterer for our wedding on March 24, 2018. They did an exceptional job. We could not get into the venu t’il 3pm the day of the wedding. Becky’s team set up all the tables and chairs and even put all the centerpieces and wedding decorations up for me. When I arrived at 530pm everything was done. And everything looked amazing. The food was yummy and the staff were more than helpful. Thankyou Becky and Shannon and Chef Larry. Your the best...

Profile Picture Linda, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

After researching different wedding caterers in the area, we came across Simply Gourmet. Becky and Jamie made the planning process extremely EASY and stress-free. From picking out our linens, menu, the layout, and even developing an agenda/timeline for the day down to the minute, Becky went above and beyond as our day-of coordinator. She was extremely responsive, reliable and trustworthy during the most crucial planning weeks leading up to our wedding. Not only was our wedding beautiful and stress-free, the food was amazing! We opted to go for a chicken dish to save money and were very pleasantly surprised on how good it was. Our guests kept commenting on how beautiful the venue and the food was - all thanks to Simply Gourmet! I'd highly recommend their catering and wedding coordinating services, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 1/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Chairs, Tables, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)

Being a former Catering Manager, I must say that Simply Gourmet was on point & fabulous for my wedding! They were referred to me by a form chef of mine and I was very please with their food quality, service, & professionalism. When I began to work with them, I knew exactly what I want for my wedding reception. I sent over ideas and they came back with the perfect menu! I even had allergy restrictions and they worked hard to ensure their were no issues. I was highly impressed by their level of services and would use them again in a heartbeat! Give them a call and see what they can do for you. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Shane, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American, Asian, Seafood, Southern, Clean Up, Set Up, No Pork, Open Bar

Simply Gourmet catered our rehearsal dinner event for our son's wedding. Becky was informative, friendly, flexible, and accessible for us throughout the planning stages of our event. The catering team was prompt and professional throughout the set up, the service, and the take down of the venue. The table settings were beautiful!! The presentation of the food was appealing and plentiful. The staff was willing and able to accommodate some last minute "special requests" without any difficulty. The food was all delicious!!!!!!! Our guests continued to rave about the food throughout the wedding weekend and long after our event. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet for any catering needs.

Profile Picture Janet, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We chose Simply Gourmet as our caterer because we wanted to go with a small business that focused on quality. I cannot recommend Simply Gourmet and Becky Souflis enough! We ended up hiring Becky as our day-of coordinator after a couple months of planning. Our goal was a stress-free wedding. Many people laughed at me when I said that, but guess what! Our wedding was stress-free and PERFECT all thanks to Becky and her responsiveness and meticulous attention to detail. As the weeks came closer and closer to our wedding, Becky always responded to every single question in a timely manner and also offered advice that only someone with experience in the wedding world would be able to help with. She knew every detail of our layout and schedule. We met in person with her three times to pick linens, go over our menu, and discuss our layout and other details. Although she was hired as our "day-of" coordinator, I feel she did much much more than that.
Also, not to mention, the food from Simply Gourmet was absolutely delicious, presented beautifully, in theme with our Florida wedding, AND the all the staff at the wedding were so nice and attentive. It was a dream and we received numerous compliments all night and after the wedding! THANK YOU SIMPLY GOURMET!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/27/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Simply Gourmet is the Class of Sarasota for catering weddings. We just had our wedding this past weekend at the Powel Crosley Estate, and we hired Becky to run our show. She did not disappoint. In fact, we don't think our wedding could have been ran any more perfectly. Becky catered to every little detail we wanted and needed. Amazing food? Check. Coordination with our vendors? Check. Being on top of EVERY detail during our wedding from start to finish? CHECK. We just cannot express enough in words what our gratitude is towards Becky and her company. If you want to have a flawless wedding day, and work with amazing people in the mean time, there is no other place to go other than Simply Gourmet.

Profile Picture David, 3/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The entire experience with Simply Gourmet was nothing short of perfect. Jamie and her husband Chef Larry are simply wonderful, their staff are absolutely superb, and their food is AMAZING. Our wedding guests cannot stop raving about how great the food AND service was. The staff were so wonderful that all of our guests still remember each and every one of them by first name. Jamie is an absolute sweetheart, and was always available whenever I needed to contact her. She listens well to what your wishes and vision are, and does everything in her power to make your vision come to life. Chef Larry truly has a talent for creating dishes that bring out the natural flavor of each ingredient. He does not need to use heavy sauces and overload on salt and spices to make food taste good. He travels all over the world and nation to find the best ingredients, then does his magic to make the natural flavors come out. My husband and I will definitely be hiring Simply Gourmet in the future again!

Profile Picture Mandana, 3/18/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

After meeting with Becky once, we knew that choosing Simply Gourmet to cater our wedding reception was a no brainer. We were absolutely thrilled with the way the wedding turned out, thanks to the wonderful staff at Simply Gourmet. From the beginning to very end, Becky and the staff were incredibly attentive, professional, accommodating, and thorough. Becky's experience and attention to detail during the planning process really helped the evening run so smoothly. The tables and linens were beautiful, the food was fantastic, and the service was impeccable. We can't thank the team at Simply Gourmet enough for helping make our day so special!

Profile Picture Casey, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

becky was absolutely terrific and chef create a menu just for us, couldnt ask for more!!!

Profile Picture h, 12/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We worked with Simply Gourmet for catering and rentals for our wedding in December 2016, and we were so happy we did! Jamie was super responsive and helpful in working with us on our budget and menu. We actually had to sign our contract before having a tasting since we live out of town and were a bit nervous, but as soon as we got to Simply Gourmet and had a taste of Chef Larry's food we knew we had made the right choice. The food is delicious and the plating beautiful - Chef Larry takes a lot of pride in his work and it shows. All of our guests are still raving about the food from our wedding a month ago. We would highly recommend Simply Gourmet.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 12/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Jamie is amazing! She made everything very simple for us(even with such a large wedding party) I was so thrilled to have her as my day of cordiator. I would have totally been lost without her. I have family still raving how great our meals were!!! We were taken care of and so happy we decided to go with Jamie and Chef Larry.

Profile Picture Talia, 11/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Choosing Simply Gourmet was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. Becky was extremely accommodating and her team was attentive and professional! The food was amazing and the guests are still raving about how delicious it was. One of my favorite parts about using Simply Gourmet was that they assigned a server to the wedding party. Jacky made sure we got the enjoy the food and drinks just as our guests were and that we had everything we needed throughout the night. She even packed us to go boxes so that we could enjoy the food the next day! Simply Gourmet is just simply amazing!

Profile Picture Paige, 11/12/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception

Simply Gourmet was hired to cater a wedding at my facility last night. They have a great reputation for serving delicious food, and it was! What really stood out was the staff. They were outstanding! Such professionals. A plated meal was served in no time, everything was bussed and kept clean, when the evening was over, not a trace was left.

So nice to have delicious food and service so outstanding!!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Simply Gourmet catered our wedding at the Powel Crosley Estate in Sarasota, Florida on 10/30/16 and did an amazing job! From our very first meeting up until our wedding day, Becky was professional, attentive and just so enjoyable to work with! Since then, we have discussed multiple times that we don't know what we would've done without her! Thank you Becky and team for your outstanding services on the most special day of our lives!

Profile Picture Tabatha, 10/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything went amazing on our wedding day thanks to Simply Gourmet! Jamie was a pleasure to work with in getting our menu just right, and we loved working with Becky and her team the day of our wedding. They were very professional and everyone raved about how good the food was! I will definitely keep Simply Gourmet in mind for future events :)

Profile Picture ANGELA, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Simply Gourmet was absolutely fantastic to work with! The food was delicious and affordable, the service was outstanding, and the entire experience greatly exceeded our expectations. Aside from the catering aspect -- we hired Becky Souflis, Senior Event Coordinator as our day of coordinator/planner on top of the fact that she was managing the onsite catering. It was by far the best decision we could have possibly made. I didn't think we needed a day-of-planner, but I was sorely mistaken and am so glad we decided to take advantage of her services. I worked closely with her in the months leading up to our wedding and she made the planning process so seamless and easy for me. It made a world of difference because we are not local to Sarasota, so having a local point person was a huge help - especially someone like Becky! She had fantastic relationships with all of our vendors in Sarasota, and was such a pleasure to work with. We could not have pulled of the wedding of our dreams without her! She was organized, professional and is amazing at what she does. She paid attention to every single detail and did so much more than just day of coordination. I would highly recommend Simply Gourmet as a caterer and also urge you to higher Becky for her day-of services. Our experience was beyond anything we could have imagined and I miss working with her and the Simply Gourmet team.

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Simply Gourmet catered our wedding and we could not of been more delighted with their service! Everything was perfect! The food was spectacular! All of our guest raved over our hor d'oeuves, the brie was outstanding! The main course was plated beautifully, and the taste couldn't get any better. The service was very professional and the display of the buffet was very well done! We will definitely recommend them to any of our family and friends or anyone who may be looking for a catering company! Many thanks to Jamie, Chef Larry, and all the staff members who made our special day perfect!
Denise & Kris Edwards

Profile Picture Denise, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Simply Gourmet was simply amazing!! I could not have asked for a better caterer. They exceeded our expectations. The catering tasting was 5 stars and the food at the wedding was even better. Their service and professionalism are unbeatable. You will not regret hiring Simply Gourmet as your caterer!!

Profile Picture User7385840, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up