Simply Gorgeous by Erin Reviews

Simply Gorgeous by Erin 1
Simply Gorgeous by Erin 2

LoriAnn · Married on 06/01/2019

Loved Simply Gorgeous!

I used Simply Gorgeous by Erin for my recent wedding and couldn't be happier with my choice. They were recommended to me by my sister. They communicated with me through the entire process and were always quick to get back to me if I had any questions or concerns. I had a trial that went wonderfully and then on the day of my wedding, I had two girls who came do hair and two girls who did make up for myself, the wedding party and the mothers. Everyone was absolutely gorgeous and the makeup lasted the entire night! I can't say enough good things about Simply Gorgeous by Erin, especially because everyone I met who worked there was amazing and so kind. I would absolutely recommend them, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Cala · Married on 05/25/2019

Simply Gorgeous is simply perfect

Simply Gorgeous made me feel and look my absolute best for my wedding day. From the very beginning, starting with a phone call interview all the way to the finishing touches on the day of our wedding, I felt pampered and cared for. The online payment system helped to keep things on track, and the trials are a must do before the wedding, as you can really see what your wedding look will be and make adjustments as needed. I worked with Rachel for my Makeup and Nicole for my hair. Both ladies did an amazing job and had myself and 3 of my other ladies ready right on time and still able to do touch ups afterwards. I can't thank the Simply Gorgeous team enough!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • lsm0908

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

Great experience with Simply Gorgeous

The team from Simply Gorgeous was great to work with for my wedding day! They executed the vision I had for both of my ceremony looks perfectly. All of my bridesmaids and both of our mom's looked absolutely perfect. A friend of mine is using the same vendor after her experience being in my bridal party. I would definitely recommend Erin and her excellent team of hair and make up artists!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

Loved everything about my experience with Simply Gorgeous by Erin. Erin herself is wonderful, and her personality + their beautiful social media pages made me want to work with them right away. Jessie and Melissa made me feel like an absolute PRINCESS on my wedding day! They both were wonderful, accommodating, and obviously very experienced. My entire wedding party loved working with them, and felt very comfortable spending our morning together.

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Simply Gorgeous by Erin 3

Gina · Married on 10/06/2017

For my wedding I wanted to pull out all the stops for hair and makeup, and Erin and her team exceeded expectations. I wanted everyone to feel comfortable and beautiful at the wedding, and with 7 women (myself and my mother included) this is no easy feat to accomplish all in one important day, but Simply Gorgeous came through. Each one of us got exactly what we asked for with our hair, and the makeup was flawless. I have seen examples of wedding makeup that looks way overdone where all the women all look exactly the same with the one size fits all Kardashian aesthetic, or where the women clearly look uneasy because they don't look like themselves, so I went into this with high expectations. Again, I cannot overstate this, Erin and team were able to identify our likes and dislikes, what we were comfortable with, and enhance our own features very easily and professionally and they truly did outstanding work. I would recommend definitely opting for lashes, I had to talk my mom into them and she was glad we did. These services are not cheap with a big group like mine, but to me it was worth every penny to feel beautiful on my wedding day, and to see all my girls and my mom practically glowing all night- not to mention how good all of our pictures came out! Erin very kindly even did my grandmother's brows at the last minute - she was getting ready at our house at the same time and had recently lost them to chemotherapy and was a little nervous about doing them herself. We all know how important brows are, and Grandma looked great! Seriously, any event in the future where I need my makeup done (or even just because) I'm booking with Erin, I know I'm in good hands.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Simply Gorgeous by Erin's reply:

Gina, you honestly made my eyes well up. You’re so kind and we so appreciate this review so other brides can get a true idea of who we are. I have to say that your Grandma was my favorite part. She was smitten with her brows and I added some eyeliner and color to her cheeks I’m a natural way that seemed to have given her a pick me up. Such a beautiful family you have. Xo

Pamela · Married on 08/12/2017

I am so happy we chose Simply Gorgeous to do our hair and makeup. I had Alisa for makeup and Melissa for hair, and they made me look and feel more beautiful than I ever have. I also was a somewhat indecisive and difficult bride, but they put up with this over the entire year of planning and never gave me a hard time about it. On the day of I had originally booked 7 total hair and makeup services, but then had 15 girls who ended up wanting both hair and makeup. The girls made it work and had everyone ready and looking gorgeous in time. I don't know how they did it. They are true professionals, and so great at what they do. They were so also so fun to have around in the morning while we were getting ready. Thanks so much for doing such an amazing job ladies! You made me look and feel like a princess on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Barbara · Married on 06/30/2017

Better late then never! My wedding was back in June and I still can look at my pictures with just joy because of how great everything turned out! From beginning to end Erin and her team were great! I messaged multiple makeup artists prior to booking with SGBE knowing that I already knew who I wanted and was shocked to have so many others not so nice in emails looking for information. One salon simply told me to check her website. Right from the start I was given a perfect break down of what everything was going to cost including mileage fee since we were not going to the salon the morning of my wedding. I had 11 girls that needed makeup the morning of my wedding with a time to be done by 1pm and was very nervous that we would not be ready on time, but deep down I knew that Erin and her assistant (which I cannot remember her name right now and I am so sorry!) were so professional and pros at this! I have had an awful experience at a past wedding with a horrible makeup artist and found it hard to trust anyone with such an important day that only comes around once! Erin was fabulous!! They arrived maybe five minutes late then discussed only because of summer shoreline traffic--however they called and checked in but it was no big deal! All of our makeup came out GORGEOUS!!! It stayed on all night and even into the next day! Makeup was a huge thing for me because my now husband made a big deal about not wanting to marry a clown...MEN! He loved it and could not believe how natural it looked and how beautiful I looked! I truly felt like a Princess the day of my wedding and I will look back on my pictures knowing how amazing my experience with SBGE was and how I wish I could do it all over again! Book with Erin and her team...you will be in amazing hands and your wedding morning will run so smoothly and you will make it to your wedding on time! Thank you Erin...I cannot wait to come in and get my makeup done again!! <3

Sent on 08/17/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

Simply Gorgeous by Erin made my wedding. I was so nervous about finding the right makeup artist because I am an Asian bride and have seen horrible makeup done on Asian brides. After speaking with Erin over the phone and seeing photos of her work I knew that I needed to book her team right away. I booked my makeup and hair for myself, mom, MIL, and bridesmaids almost 20 months in advance. The staff was amazing and always got back to me insanely quickly. My makeup artist was Alisa and she is THE BEST. She is hysterical and so down to earth. She did my makeup for both my engagement photos and my wedding and I trusted her with everything. She was able to get through 7 girls so quickly. Nicole did my hair and she was amazing as well. She is the absolute sweetest and can do amazing hairdos. These two ladies made me feel absolutely beautiful the day of my wedding. I just got my photos back from my photographer and cannot get over how amazing my hair and makeup looked. At the end of the night, on a long, hot, humid, and busy day, my makeup and hair looked like they were just done. My bridesmaids loved their looks as well. My mom and MIL were a little nervous not having had their makeup done before and throughout the night I caught themselves looking in the mirror smiling. This is by far the best place to get your bridal makeup and hair done hands down.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Julie · Married on 05/19/2017

Erin and her team were absolutely amazing! I can't thank her enough for how special she made me as well as my bridesmaids feel on my wedding day! She is extremely talented! She listened to my wishes and I honestly wouldn't have chosen anyone else.

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Simply Gorgeous by Erin 4

Simply Gorgeous by Erin's reply:

Thank you Julie. We truly feel the same. You looked like a natural beauty. Xo

I booked Simply Gorgeous by Erin for my Indian wedding at the very last minute (3 days before the wedding!) due to an unfortunate circumstance with the previously booked makeup artist. My wedding planner had emailed Erin and Erin was so quick to respond that we were able to book, deposit and review contracts within 24 hours. Erin and her team were great in answering questions with such a short amount of time. We didn't have the opportunity to do a trial so we jumped right in with hair and makeup at the salon for my Sangeet and they such an amazing job. They did better than the people who originally did my trial! My bridesmaid and I were at the salon and we had so much fun talking to the team, joking around, and everything was so relaxing at such a stressful time. The team that came out to our venue was so great and efficient! They had a limited amount of time (only 4 hours) and 10 girls to get ready, including myself. At no point did anything feel rushed with the team, they were completely relaxed and easy going. My previous vendor was very anxious about my very heavy veil and traditional headpieces but not the Simply Gorgeous team. They were so knowledgeable and at ease with placing the tikka for myself and all of the bridesmaids and incorporating the headpieces into the hairdos. The hair and makeup came out absolutely beautiful for everyone that got it done, there were so many compliments! And the best part was that it lasted until the next night! I woke up and didn't even have to do my hair or makeup. I highly recommend Simply Gorgeous by Erin for your hair and make up needs and I look forward to going to their salon in the future!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

Erin and her team were awesome! I never felt so beautiful than I did on my wedding day. My makeup was natural yet stunning and my braided up-do was perfect. If you are looking for a professional, talented team then Simply Gorgeous is the one for the job!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Erin and her team were amazing to work with on the morning of the BIG DAY. They were calling and reassuring and helped me with such grace.

Sent on 07/29/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/18/2016

I LOVE this team!!!!!!!! I happened to find them for my wedding by just looking at reviews online and giving them a call! I trusted that they were going to be great due to the reviews, but let me tell you after several appointments with them they truly are amazing!! I not only used them for my engagement session, bridal shower, makeup and hair trials, but I also used them for my wedding day on 6/18. The team is professional, on time, caring, talkative, and easy to get along with. All of my bridesmaids could not stop talking about how great the team was. Everyone's hair & makeup lasted all day (12+ hours) They were so professional and welcoming to all. I already have booked them again this summer for an upcoming wedding I am attending as a guest because going in for hair and makeup with them is SUCH a TREAT! If you do not use them for your big day you are crazy!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Liz · Married on 10/17/2015

The Simply Gorgeous team is simply the best! The lovely ladies provided hair and makeup for myself (bride), bridesmaids and moms. I reached out to owner, Erin, about a year before the wedding and worked with Julie to coordinate all trials and wedding day logistics. Julie was professional, organized and made it a seamless process! My makeup trial was held in June on the day of my shower with Jocelyn. My hair trial was held in August with Lisa. There wasn't a thing I wanted to change and both artists replicated the look for the big day!

Our wedding was held at the Marquee in Hartford so we were able to get ready at the Residence Inn next door the morning of. The hair and makeup artists arrived at 9 am and were complete by noon, just in time for pictures. We even had a fire drill right as they arrived, had to walk down 12 flights of stairs, but all remained calm.

The artists provided such a great job and everyone's hair/makeup looked perfect throughout the night. My junior bridesmaids (twin cousins - age 12) had so much fun getting pampered. What I loved the most is that the artists asked what everyone was comfortable with in terms of makeup and hair. A few of my ladies are not huge makeup people, so their look was made softer.

Huge thanks to Erin and her team for helping me, the moms and bridesmaids look and feel our best on the big day.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2015

I highly recommend Erin and her team for your wedding day beauty needs! To start, I communicated a lot with Julie and she never seemed annoyed by my many questions or concerns. She was extremely professional and always able to get back to me if I had questions.

I had my hair trial with Melissa & the first try was amazing...Melissa is an extremely talented hair stylist and her work was BEAUTIFUL. Melissa gave off a pleasant vibe that made me feel relaxed and at ease. She was helpful in helping me decide which style would be best for me. I was able to show her something I liked & she took it from there. From my mom, to my girls, and my own everyone's hair was gorgeous!!!

I had Erin as my makeup artist and her work is flawless. My trial was in August and I left feeling confident with the eye colors I had chosen. However, as the night went on I started to feel I went too dark on the lid and emailed Erin immediately with my concerns and hoping we could adjust this the day of my wedding. Erin got back to me timely and assured me that the changes I wanted were minor and would be no problem at all. Well, she was right and then some..Erin was able to lighten my lid but still incorporate the pretty dark colors that I wanted originally. I absolutely LOVED the changes and appreciated Erin working with me to make sure what I envisioned is what I got. Most importantly, my hair and makeup lasted ALL DAY and NIGHT. My lips were the only thing I had to touch up here & there, obviously. Side note- both girls arrived on time & I felt no stress at all during the getting ready process which is a major bonus.

Again- I would absolutely recommend Erin & her team to anyone for their wedding day or any other special event! Thank you Erin, Melissa & team!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Michele · Married on 10/03/2015

Erin and her team were one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day.

Booking and contracts were very easy and organized, and Erin's assistant, Julie, replied promptly and thoroughly with any questions that I had during the process.

During the trial, Erin was so helpful and informative, even giving suggestions on skincare to help me out with my stress acne a month before my wedding. I like that Erin took the time before booking to explain the type of airbrush that they use, since I had a horror story with another well-known make-up company in the area about make-up not lasting. She explained that since they use a silicone based product, versus a water-based product, that it lasts longer, WHICH IT DID.

On my wedding day, Erin truly kept me calm and collective when I wanted to rip my hair out. I had a fairly large bridal party that she and her assistant flew through with ease. Everyone was over the moon about their make-up, and raved about her talent and expertise. My maid of honor even said she had gotten her make up done many times, but this was the only time she truly felt beautiful. Erin even changed up my look last minute on the fly per my request, and I LOVED it, even more than my trial. Her skills are truly something to be admired.

I thought I had struck gold with an amazing make-up artist (which I did!) but what truly sealed the deal and I will remember for years to come was her willingness to truly go above and beyond for her client. One of my flower girls had broken the zipper on her dress and started crying, thinking she wouldn't be able to go down the aisle. Without even a moment's hesitation, Erin stepped in, gathered a needle and thread (that I still don't even know where she got from!) and sewed the zipper back together, making sure all was right with my wedding world, and taking extra time from her day to make sure mine went smoothly.

Erin and her team were truly a Godsend to me on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Erin · Married on 09/25/2015

Erin did an amazing job on mine and my bridesmaids makeup!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Jade · Married on 09/20/2015

I was very impressed with their professionalism as well as punctuality! If there was any concern or questions, Erin contacted me herself. Alisa, Nicole and Melissa exceeded my expectations and made hair and makeup the easiest and relaxing part of my wedding day. I have to admit I was nervous initially because my mother and my bridesmaids are very 'particular' when it comes to their hair and makeup. EVERYONE loved their hair and makeup...and everyone looked and felt 'simply gorgeous'!!! I highly recommend Simply Gorgeous, you wont be disappointed :)

Sent on 10/23/2015

Katie · Married on 09/12/2015

Erin was positively a-mazing. Truly an artist! During our trial, I showed her some pictures of what I thought I wanted my wedding look to be--and what she created was even more beautiful than I could have possibly imagined. And that was only the trial!

Like many brides, I was feeling pretty stressed and anxious on my wedding day. There was so much to get done, so little time, and I'm not someone who is good at delegating. So when Erin arrived to our hotel room (promptly at the agreed upon time!), I immediately felt a shift in the dynamic of the room.

Erin exudes calm. She's so professional and to the point, but is also very warm. My hairstylist (who is not affiliated with Erin) was 45 minutes late and that caused everything to be pushed back--so instead of going 3rd with Erin, I ended up having to go last. But Erin never once made me feel rushed--even though I know she had another bride and bridal party to go to after ours! She patiently tweaked a few things and when I was worried that the lipstick that I had purchased was too pink, she explained that it wouldn't read too pink in pictures and even took a picture to show me. I was sad to see her leave because I wanted that calming aura around still! But she did a phenomenal job--topping the trial! And I was so, so, so, happy with what she created.

Girls spend their entire lives dreaming about their wedding day and what they're going to look like. I think investing in a great makeup artist is equally as important as investing in a great photographer. The wedding was such a blip on the radar, I cannot believe how quickly it went by and what a whirlwind it was. But I'm so very thankful to have pictures that will last a lifetime--and I'm beyond thrilled at how beautiful my makeup looked.

Erin is extremely talented (and kind) and I recommend her absolutely and completely!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Barbara · Married on 09/05/2015

When it came time to choose hair and makeup services for my wedding, there was no doubt that I would be using Simply Gorgeous by Erin. I booked Erin and her team a year prior to our wedding day and I couldn't have been more pleased with the level of professionalism I received from that day forward, between Julie answering all my questions, helping me book my trials while accommodating my hectic work schedule, to the day of the wedding and making myself and all of my ladies look and feel beautiful.

When Erin and her team arrived on the day of the wedding, they set up and got right to work as they had 13 ladies to do hair and makeup on! As many brides know, timelines/mornings don't always go the way you planned, but when I was sitting in that chair to get my make-up done, Erin kept me at ease. I trusted Erin and her team completely. Erin found a way to compliment the features of every person, and enhance their beauty. Each and every one of my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup - and that speaks volumes!!
    My hair and makeup were perfectly me and I couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out. I felt so beautiful and I'm so glad I chose Simply Gorgeous By Erin. I would recommend Erin and her team over and over – whether it be for weddings or any special occasion. Erin is my go to girl. Love her and her personality. Thank you again for making me feel so special and beautiful on the most magical day of my life. Xo

Sent on 10/03/2015

Erin and her team created an amazing look for my wedding day. She and her team traveled to a destination wedding, were so professional, and provided an amazing level of service. Building a relationship with Erin was so easy, as she is very genuine and truly cares about her clients.

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 06/27/2015

Alisa from Simply Gorgeous by Erin is the so sweet, so funny, and made my wife and I feel so beautiful and happy on our wedding day! They were very flexible in accommodating us to come in for a trial (since we were coming from Boston and didn't have a lot of availability to come to Connecticut) and we both loved out makeup. Alisa was super responsive to feedback, but also such a pro at making suggestions and choices for both of us, as we tend to be eyebrows, mascara, and go kind of people! On the day of the wedding seeing Alisa was something we both looked forward to - she's genuinely fun to talk to and made us look and feel awesome without looking like someone other than who we are. She also did makeup for both of our mothers, and even though my mom as VERY hesitant about wearing makeup and having her makeup done, she looked and felt awesome. We can't recommend Alisa and Simply Gorgeous by Erin enough!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Viviane · Married on 06/27/2015

Saying Erin and her team did a fantastic job with hair and makeup for our wedding would be an understatement. I went to one other place besides Simply Gorgeous for hair and makeup trials, and it paled in comparison to Erin and her team! I loved working with them because they are professional, talented, creative and definitely deliver. On our wedding day, there were 4 bridesmaids, myself (the bride) and the mothers of the bride and groom all getting hair and makeup done at the hotel before heading out to the venue. Our photographer had warned us that hair and makeup is often where you lose time and get behind schedule, but not with Erin and her team! Rest assured that they will get you done, and looking gorgeous, on time! On our day Erin and Melissa each had an assistant, and all did an amazing job. They worked with the bridesmaids and the moms to give them the look they wanted, and all of them were stunning! The hair and makeup did not move or fade whatsoever, and everyone was IN LOVE with their look.
    I could not recommend Erin and her team more. They are absolutely amazing - the only ones you want for your wedding day!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Katie · Married on 04/25/2015

Simply the best. Erin (makeup) and Lauren (hair) were absolutely flawless form start to finish. From my mom to my teenage sister, Simply Gorgeous helped all of my favorite women achieve the timeless and natural beauty that they deserved on my wedding day. Lauren arrived early and devoted a significant amount of time to achieving our perfect hair styles. She made me feel instantly at ease and I am so thankful for her patience and cheerful disposition throughout the often hectic morning. Erin is by far the best makeup artist I have worked with. She works quickly, but executes perfectly. Erin is undoubtedly talented and obviously invested in making her clients happy. Both my trial and wedding day look were perfectly "me" but with a little "oomph"--what more could you want? I received endless compliments on my hair and makeup from wedding guests and most importantly, my husband. I felt so comfortable and beautiful thanks to the talents of Lauren and Erin. Thank you for making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 05/05/2015