Simply Fresh Events Reviews

53 | Gaithersburg, MD

53 Reviews for Simply Fresh Events

53 Simply Fresh Events Reviews

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

This was a fire department function. From day one, they were extremely helpful with planning & did an excellent job at out event. They were perfectly on time & their food was excellent. People are still talking about the event.

Jennie · Married on 06/23/2018

The venue we choose for our wedding celebration was a stunning backdrop for an amazing day, but it was Simply Fresh and our Event Coordinator, Nicole, that provided us with all that we needed to host the amazing party we wanted to throw, to celebrate our special day. From the first call to Simply Fresh, through the entire planning stage – to include tastings and wedding day coordination - Nicole and her team were extremely professional and extremely knowledgeable, it was easy to trust every detail would be covered. On the day of our wedding, the team kept the day moving along as planned and the staff went above and beyond, with many of our guests telling us how friendly and helpful everyone on Simply Fresh’s staff was. We also have to say, not only was Simply Fresh amazing at event planning, the FOOD was absolutely amazing as well – Five Star Restaurant quality. If you’re looking for an amazing, professional and caring team to help you celebrate your day, you cannot go wrong in working with Simply Fresh. We highly recommend them to help make your day as amazing as ours.

Brooke · Married on 06/22/2018

We can’t say enough about Simply Fresh Events. While many guests have remarked that the food was the best they’d ever had at a wedding, others have noted that the entire day felt very authentic to who we are as people - both are a result of Geoff and Jocelyn listening to us, helping us make decisions and to answer any question we might have, and then working feverishly behind the scenes to make it all happen. It rained on our wedding day, and we’d made the decision to move the ceremony indoors. With about an hour and a half to spare, as the weather improved, the Simply Fresh staff moved the entire ceremony setup back outside, and not a single guest knew. Jocelyn was incredibly helpful leading up to our wedding day and especially helpful managing the events and helping to make sure every detail was taken care of on the day itself, she and Geoff were truly invaluable in making our wedding perfect.

Chandos · Married on 06/09/2018

It would be easy to recommend Simply Fresh just for the food they provided at our wedding. However, what really set Simply Fresh apart was the level of service they provided, especially Geoff and Jocelyn. From the start, they were quick to respond to our inquiries and were very accommodating in scheduling meetings and tastings around our trips to Maryland. In addition, not only do they offer catering services, but they provided all of the service staff on the day of the wedding and Jocelyn served as our wedding coordinator. This significantly lowered our stress as Jocelyn took care of everything during our wedding including moving guests from one point to another, helping make sure toasts were made before elderly guests had to leave, and ensuring we went home with plenty of leftovers. Geoff and Jocelyn were clearly dedicated to making sure our wedding was special for us and went off without a hitch.

Mary · Married on 05/26/2018

Choosing Simply Fresh was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were recommended from our venue, Rock Creek Mansion. We started working with Geoff and Jocelyn (mainly with Jocelyn) from the start and met with her for our tasting, cake tasting, picking out the rentals, and meeting the week before the wedding. This consistency was extremely helpful in building a relationship and trust. Jocelyn also invited us to look at another wedding they were doing at our venues about 6 months before ours. This was so helpful to see the range of what they could do to transform the space. The day of the wedding, Jocelyn and her team went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we need and that everything went according to plan. I had a lot of decor that I provided/made myself and she set it up wonderfully. Jocelyn also made sure we stayed on schedule, had food to eat, and always had a drink in our hand! After a year of planning and worrying, we were able to rely on her to make sure our reception went without a hitch. Oh—and we should mention—the food was delicious and pleased our culturally diverse guests! We are so glad we worked with Simply Fresh and would recommend them to any couple.

Simply Fresh Events 1
    Simply Fresh Events 2
    Simply Fresh Events 3

Aimie · Married on 11/05/2017

Like most normal human beings, my now husband and I love food. With that being said, we aren't billionaires so we wanted to find good wedding caterers that didn't cost us an arm and a leg.

I believe it was fate because I don't even know how I came across Simply Fresh Events but I thank my lucky stars I did. Geoffrey was the first person I talked to and he was incredibly kind and helpful through the whole process before we even signed a contract with SFE. Once my now husband and I chose to book SFE for our wedding, we then worked with Monica who was the absolute best person to work with. Even when we chose to change the menu, she allowed us to come back in to have a second tasting and saw me through every change and question I had.

My husband and I chose to do away with the typical fish and steak type wedding food and chose not to do BBQ style (as that was big around the time we were in the caterer hunt) and decided to go with more a comfort food menu that included chicken and waffles and braised short ribs and let me tell you. It was absolutely DELICIOUS. Our guests cannot stop talking about the food and how delicious it was. I can't tell you how many people I saw go up for seconds or go up for items they had missed.

The rest of the staff on wedding day was equally amazing. They were always checking on us and making sure we had everything we needed/wanted and they were SO much fun to work with.

I want to thank Geoffrey, Jocelyn, Monica, and the rest of the SFE staff for their neverending kindness and for making our wedding day incredible by filling our wedding guests bellies with delicious food.

Mary · Married on 10/21/2017

Simply Fresh Events catered our son's wedding. Usually, the mother of the groom is not the wedding coordinator but, at the behest of the bride, I took on the role. The venue, which the bride and groom selected, recommended Simply Fresh. They are definitely a full-service caterer. We could not have been happier! Jocelyn Barker was extremely responsive and guided us through every detail. I would have been lost without her! When I walked into the venue the afternoon of the wedding, I totally relaxed because it was obvious everything was under control. From the outdoor ceremony to the last dance, I never notice a hiccup...it flowed beautifully. So many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and we certainly agreed. Great quality for a reasonable price! I would use Simply Fresh Events again without hesitation.

Kate · Married on 10/21/2017

Simply Fresh Events did an AMAZING job on our wedding - our friends couldn't stop raving about the food. They were so easy to work with and everything was done PERFECTLY. Thank you for making out wedding weekend the best of our lives!

Olga · Married on 10/14/2017

We were absolutely blown away at how professional and high-quality Simply Fresh catering was for our October wedding! When my husband and I first went in for the consultation and tasting, the table was elegantly set with large portions of delicious food to try. They encouraged us to give feedback and criticism. We made changes and they ensured everything to eat was perfect for our preferences. They even gave us a doggy bag to take the rest of the food home!

Throughout the process building up to the wedding, they were always responsive, professional, and easy to work with. During the wedding, they provided two event coordinators that literally ran the entire show for us, and it was an absolute blessing! We couldn’t have done it without Simply Fresh and I would recommend them to anyone.

While the wedding party was taking pictures, they even came outside and brought us drinks and crab cakes! That totally hit the spot in the heat, and hit home for me. They made sure that the bride and groom were always taken care of. I would recommend Simply Fresh to anyone as a #1 choice for event catering, especially your wedding.

Joanne · Married on 09/23/2017

Simply Fresh Events made the wedding planning process incredibly easy. We worked with them for our September wedding reception and I could not be happier with their services.

The food was incredible. Our guests raved about the food that night. Highly recommend their sweet potato casserole, it was one of the best I've had!

Jocelyn was especially helpful during the planning process. She has a lot of experience with the event planning which made it all much less overwhelming.

Jeannine · Married on 09/15/2017

I had my wedding reception at Rocklands Farm earlier this month, and choosing Simply Fresh Events was easily one of the best decisions we made. Nicole was wonderful to work with and made every step of the way leading up to and during the reception so much easier. During and after the reception I heard so many positive things from guests about the cocktail hour and dinner (the BEST pulled pork), the set-up & decorations, and how everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful all evening. The whole evening was amazing and I cannot thank Nicole and the SFE crew enough!

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Simply Fresh did a wonderful job of coordinating and catering our wedding. They were very accommodating to all of our needs. Everything was so beautiful the day of, the evening flowed seamlessly, and all of our guests had a wonderful time. We were not worried about anything on our wedding day and were able to enjoy our time with friends/family. The food/cocktails and service was perfect. We would definitely recommend Simply Fresh!

Caitlin · Married on 06/24/2017

I was recently married on June 24th. Booking Simply Fresh was one of the best decisions I made. Jocelyn and Geoff made the process so easy. I never stressed over my wedding. The food was amazing. Multiple guests commented that it was the best food they ever had at the wedding. We had mini crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops, flat bread pizzas, rock fish, flank steak, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes bar, grilled vegetables, salad, and a popcorn bar. Even the pickiest of eaters were satisfied! Working with Jocelyn was a dream. She helped me with anything and everything from the linens and table settings to securing a tent at the last minute. She even helped my brother (with no officiating experience) with the order of the ceremony. The day of the wedding, there are always little things that pop up. Jocelyn handled everything! I had no idea there were any potential problems. She also made sure my husband and I had anything we may want or need throughout the day. My wedding would not have run as seemlessly without Jocelyn. She even got food from the buffet for our grandparents. There are so many other things that I know I am forgetting that Jocelyn and her team helped with. If I ever plan another event that needs catering, I will absoutly book Simply Fresh again!

Arielle · Married on 05/20/2017

Nicole, Jocelyn, Geoff, and the whole team were truly wonderful throughout the entire process of planning and executing our wedding at Rocklands Farm. While the food was great, I have to say the best part of working with the SimplyFresh team was knowing that all of our bases would be covered by them a) because they're a one stop shop, b) because they are incredibly reliable. I also just appreciated how down-to-earth and dedicated Nicole and Jocelyn were - they made the process and the day easier, smoother, and stress-free. Thank you, SimplyFresh team!

Aida · Married on 05/13/2017

Simply Fresh recently catered our wedding, and it was absolutely wonderful. They handled so many of the details, which made the overall wedding planning experience so much easier. They worked with our other vendors, helped coordinate with the site, and were incredibly responsive to our needs. The food and service was wonderful. We were given so many different options for food, and we were able to cater the meal to our specific interests and backgrounds. Everyone just loved the food. I highly recommend using Simply Fresh for a wedding, or any event that needs to be catered.

matt · Married on 04/22/2017

Simply Fresh Events was phenomenal. The food was delicious, the service was top notch and every contact I had with them was both courteous and professional. I will use SFE for all of my future event/party/catering needs.

Kathy · Married on 12/31/2016

Simply Fresh was an absolutely incredible caterer for our daughter's wedding! They were so helpful every step of the way, from the initial planning down to the final details. The food was delicious and the wedding was executed perfectly. We couldn't have done it without them! We all wholeheartedly recommend Simply Fresh for anyone needing a caterer. They go above and beyond simply serving food! Thanks so much!

jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Geoff started off by asking us what we wanted. "Pretend the sky is the limit, what do you want to see? what do you want to eat?" From there Geoff and Jocelyn took our ideas and incorporated them into a plan that fit our budget. I HIGHLY respect a company that will look at you and honestly say "I don't think you will get the result you are looking for by doing x, y, z". Their years of experience gives them a ton of creative ways to make things work and the knowledge to know when its just not feasible, or when they can make it work - but the end result just is not what the couple was hoping for. Jocelyn's ability to listen in order understand what a client wants and doesn't want is phenomenal.
    For me, they didn't just do food/catering, she was my decorator, day-off reception coordinator and foodie all in one! The entry way and reception site was exactly what I envisioned, we had rain off and on that day so outdoor space use didn't work out, but you would have never known. She still managed to get all the details I wanted, room for the guests, food, bars, and decor into a smaller space without being crowded.
    I have recommended them to family and friends since my wedding. My mom is looking to use them for a corporate event, friends will be using it for their daughter's bridal shower. I really cannot say enough good "stuff" about Simply Fresh.
    *Total spent with this vendor as noted below included all rentals (tables, chairs, linens, place settings) food/liquor, servers, etc. For me, other than reception site rental fee and decorative items I purchased for the foyer rooms, it was a one-stop shopping

Jane · Married on 10/01/2016

Try the food. All fresh & delicious!!

• Camille

Camille · Married on 09/17/2016

Simply Fresh was AMAZING. The food was SO good! All of my guests KEEP telling me how good it was, and how they wish they could have taken some home! And we chose to serve pudding for dessert as opposed to cake, and OH MY GOD. It was so good! It was served in chocolate and vanilla with a toppings bar. It was the hit of the wedding (besides us getting married, of course). Not only is the food incredible, but the service was fantastic. Jocelyn was great working with us, and helped us through everything! The whole staff really went above and beyond just catering. If you want to have a relaxing time, good food, and feel completely taken care of, book Simply Fresh. They're awesome!

Emily · Married on 09/10/2016

Simply Fresh's service could not have been better! I wish I could give them 10 stars across the board. Geoff and Jocelyn have event service down pat and their team is incredible. Our wedding went so smoothly because of this incredible team. They say things won't go as you plan for your wedding, but because of Jocelyn and Geoff EVERYTHING went as planned! No question that we would use them again and again and again. They were very responsive to our questions. They met with us many times out at the farm where we got married and answered e-mails right away. We had SO many complements that the food at our wedding was THE BEST wedding food people had ever had. They cooked everything on site (on a 97 degree day) to perfection! Their attention to detail and care for the bride and groom was outstanding. At the end of the night I thought I needed to go and collect all of my clothes and all of my bridesmaids clothes from the bridal suite, but Jocelyn and her team had already packed everything up for us and put it on our shuttle. We couldn't have dreamed of a better company to work with on our wedding day. Thank you Jocelyn and Geoff!

Geoff & Jocelyn were amazing to work with! They helped us tremendously throughout the planning process with ideas and other vendor recommendations and then they coordinated everything for the day of and it was fantastic! They made sure we were fed and hydrated, and this is huge since most of our friends told us that they were starving their whole wedding because they didn't get to eat. We didn't have that problem, they took amazing care of us and our food was fantastic! Not just good for wedding food, but actually delicious! Everyone kept raving about our food and we all know that never happens at weddings, most weddings have food on a scale of terrible, to not bad, but our food was actually really delicious! We also picked everything, I've heard from other friends that you don't always get options on all of your food, but that was not the case with us at all, we picked everything. It was very specific to what we wanted. We didn't go into our planning process with a vision, but they really helped us plan a wonderful event and we could not have done it without them! They're also really amazing at finding ways to do what you want within your budget so you can work with them to find a way to incorporate everything you want at the price you need.

James · Married on 06/18/2016

We used Simply Fresh Events to help plan our wedding in June 2016 at Rocklands Farm Winery. In the week since when friends ask how the wedding went, we tell them that every single thing went perfectly. “Wow,” our friends usually respond, “No one ever says that.” My wife and I know that the tremendous success of our wedding is thanks to Geoffrey and Jocelyn and Simply Fresh Events. We began working with them in the spring of 2015. Simply Fresh took care of every detail on our behalf, and pointed us in the direction of other excellent vendors (photographers, florists, etc.) when we needed them. Midway through the planning process, my wife and I moved out of the area for work, and we still found it effortless to coordinate with Simply Fresh from 1600 miles away. Geoffrey and Jocelyn are highly professional and innovative planners, and several of their decorating and event suggestions (a crate of apples to decorate the bar, a sparkler send-off to close the night, etc.) made for the most memorable moments of our event. As we approached our wedding day, and issues and obstacles appeared with greater frequency, Simply Fresh proved extremely flexible and adept at solving any crisis: from switching seafood vendors to procuring a stage for our band, all at the last minute. At the wedding itself, our guests were full of raves not just for the event but for the catering. Several guests remarked that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding (and we agree). Others were quite pleased by how creatively the chefs had planned for both our carnivorous and vegetarian guests; one was especially delighted, exclaiming that she had never had so many vegetables at a wedding. Simply Fresh delivered on and exceeded our expectations in every facet of the wedding. Perhaps most importantly, they made the entire planning and execution process easy and fun. We highly recommend that you consider their services for your own event.

Denise · Married on 06/03/2016

Using Simply Fresh was a great decision for our wedding food and for overall planning at the Rocklands Farms. The owners were professional, efficient, organized, patient , helpful and were there to make our wedding dinner delicious and our entire function smooth and worry free!!! I highly recommend them for any event!