49 Reviews for Simply Fresh Events

Kosher (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
39 Simply Fresh Events Reviews

We can’t say enough about Simply Fresh Events. While many guests have remarked that the food was the best they’d ever had at a wedding, others have noted that the entire day felt very authentic to who we are as people - both are a result of Geoff and Jocelyn listening to us, helping us make decisions and to answer any question we might have, and then working feverishly behind the scenes to make it all happen. It rained on our wedding day, and we’d made the decision to move the ceremony indoors. With about an hour and a half to spare, as the weather improved, the Simply Fresh staff moved the entire ceremony setup back outside, and not a single guest knew. Jocelyn was incredibly helpful leading up to our wedding day and especially helpful managing the events and helping to make sure every detail was taken care of on the day itself, she and Geoff were truly invaluable in making our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Like most normal human beings, my now husband and I love food. With that being said, we aren't billionaires so we wanted to find good wedding caterers that didn't cost us an arm and a leg.

I believe it was fate because I don't even know how I came across Simply Fresh Events but I thank my lucky stars I did. Geoffrey was the first person I talked to and he was incredibly kind and helpful through the whole process before we even signed a contract with SFE. Once my now husband and I chose to book SFE for our wedding, we then worked with Monica who was the absolute best person to work with. Even when we chose to change the menu, she allowed us to come back in to have a second tasting and saw me through every change and question I had.

My husband and I chose to do away with the typical fish and steak type wedding food and chose not to do BBQ style (as that was big around the time we were in the caterer hunt) and decided to go with more a comfort food menu that included chicken and waffles and braised short ribs and let me tell you. It was absolutely DELICIOUS. Our guests cannot stop talking about the food and how delicious it was. I can't tell you how many people I saw go up for seconds or go up for items they had missed.

The rest of the staff on wedding day was equally amazing. They were always checking on us and making sure we had everything we needed/wanted and they were SO much fun to work with.

I want to thank Geoffrey, Jocelyn, Monica, and the rest of the SFE staff for their neverending kindness and for making our wedding day incredible by filling our wedding guests bellies with delicious food.

Profile Picture Aimie, 11/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings

Simply Fresh Events catered our son's wedding. Usually, the mother of the groom is not the wedding coordinator but, at the behest of the bride, I took on the role. The venue, which the bride and groom selected, recommended Simply Fresh. They are definitely a full-service caterer. We could not have been happier! Jocelyn Barker was extremely responsive and guided us through every detail. I would have been lost without her! When I walked into the venue the afternoon of the wedding, I totally relaxed because it was obvious everything was under control. From the outdoor ceremony to the last dance, I never notice a hiccup...it flowed beautifully. So many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and we certainly agreed. Great quality for a reasonable price! I would use Simply Fresh Events again without hesitation.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Simply Fresh Events did an AMAZING job on our wedding - our friends couldn't stop raving about the food. They were so easy to work with and everything was done PERFECTLY. Thank you for making out wedding weekend the best of our lives!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

We were absolutely blown away at how professional and high-quality Simply Fresh catering was for our October wedding! When my husband and I first went in for the consultation and tasting, the table was elegantly set with large portions of delicious food to try. They encouraged us to give feedback and criticism. We made changes and they ensured everything to eat was perfect for our preferences. They even gave us a doggy bag to take the rest of the food home!

Throughout the process building up to the wedding, they were always responsive, professional, and easy to work with. During the wedding, they provided two event coordinators that literally ran the entire show for us, and it was an absolute blessing! We couldn’t have done it without Simply Fresh and I would recommend them to anyone.

While the wedding party was taking pictures, they even came outside and brought us drinks and crab cakes! That totally hit the spot in the heat, and hit home for me. They made sure that the bride and groom were always taken care of. I would recommend Simply Fresh to anyone as a #1 choice for event catering, especially your wedding.

Profile Picture Olga, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Champagne Toast

Simply Fresh Events made the wedding planning process incredibly easy. We worked with them for our September wedding reception and I could not be happier with their services.

The food was incredible. Our guests raved about the food that night. Highly recommend their sweet potato casserole, it was one of the best I've had!

Jocelyn was especially helpful during the planning process. She has a lot of experience with the event planning which made it all much less overwhelming.

Profile Picture Joanne, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I had my wedding reception at Rocklands Farm earlier this month, and choosing Simply Fresh Events was easily one of the best decisions we made. Nicole was wonderful to work with and made every step of the way leading up to and during the reception so much easier. During and after the reception I heard so many positive things from guests about the cocktail hour and dinner (the BEST pulled pork), the set-up & decorations, and how everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful all evening. The whole evening was amazing and I cannot thank Nicole and the SFE crew enough!

Profile Picture Jeannine, 9/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Simply Fresh did a wonderful job of coordinating and catering our wedding. They were very accommodating to all of our needs. Everything was so beautiful the day of, the evening flowed seamlessly, and all of our guests had a wonderful time. We were not worried about anything on our wedding day and were able to enjoy our time with friends/family. The food/cocktails and service was perfect. We would definitely recommend Simply Fresh!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I was recently married on June 24th. Booking Simply Fresh was one of the best decisions I made. Jocelyn and Geoff made the process so easy. I never stressed over my wedding. The food was amazing. Multiple guests commented that it was the best food they ever had at the wedding. We had mini crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops, flat bread pizzas, rock fish, flank steak, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes bar, grilled vegetables, salad, and a popcorn bar. Even the pickiest of eaters were satisfied! Working with Jocelyn was a dream. She helped me with anything and everything from the linens and table settings to securing a tent at the last minute. She even helped my brother (with no officiating experience) with the order of the ceremony. The day of the wedding, there are always little things that pop up. Jocelyn handled everything! I had no idea there were any potential problems. She also made sure my husband and I had anything we may want or need throughout the day. My wedding would not have run as seemlessly without Jocelyn. She even got food from the buffet for our grandparents. There are so many other things that I know I am forgetting that Jocelyn and her team helped with. If I ever plan another event that needs catering, I will absoutly book Simply Fresh again!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Nicole, Jocelyn, Geoff, and the whole team were truly wonderful throughout the entire process of planning and executing our wedding at Rocklands Farm. While the food was great, I have to say the best part of working with the SimplyFresh team was knowing that all of our bases would be covered by them a) because they're a one stop shop, b) because they are incredibly reliable. I also just appreciated how down-to-earth and dedicated Nicole and Jocelyn were - they made the process and the day easier, smoother, and stress-free. Thank you, SimplyFresh team!

Profile Picture Arielle, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Local, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), House Beer, Limited Bar, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings

Simply Fresh recently catered our wedding, and it was absolutely wonderful. They handled so many of the details, which made the overall wedding planning experience so much easier. They worked with our other vendors, helped coordinate with the site, and were incredibly responsive to our needs. The food and service was wonderful. We were given so many different options for food, and we were able to cater the meal to our specific interests and backgrounds. Everyone just loved the food. I highly recommend using Simply Fresh for a wedding, or any event that needs to be catered.

Profile Picture Aida, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Specialty Beer, Vegan, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Simply Fresh Events was phenomenal. The food was delicious, the service was top notch and every contact I had with them was both courteous and professional. I will use SFE for all of my future event/party/catering needs.

Profile Picture matt, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Simply Fresh was an absolutely incredible caterer for our daughter's wedding! They were so helpful every step of the way, from the initial planning down to the final details. The food was delicious and the wedding was executed perfectly. We couldn't have done it without them! We all wholeheartedly recommend Simply Fresh for anyone needing a caterer. They go above and beyond simply serving food! Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Kathy , 12/31/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Geoff started off by asking us what we wanted. "Pretend the sky is the limit, what do you want to see? what do you want to eat?" From there Geoff and Jocelyn took our ideas and incorporated them into a plan that fit our budget. I HIGHLY respect a company that will look at you and honestly say "I don't think you will get the result you are looking for by doing x, y, z". Their years of experience gives them a ton of creative ways to make things work and the knowledge to know when its just not feasible, or when they can make it work - but the end result just is not what the couple was hoping for. Jocelyn's ability to listen in order understand what a client wants and doesn't want is phenomenal.
For me, they didn't just do food/catering, she was my decorator, day-off reception coordinator and foodie all in one! The entry way and reception site was exactly what I envisioned, we had rain off and on that day so outdoor space use didn't work out, but you would have never known. She still managed to get all the details I wanted, room for the guests, food, bars, and decor into a smaller space without being crowded.
I have recommended them to family and friends since my wedding. My mom is looking to use them for a corporate event, friends will be using it for their daughter's bridal shower. I really cannot say enough good "stuff" about Simply Fresh.
*Total spent with this vendor as noted below included all rentals (tables, chairs, linens, place settings) food/liquor, servers, etc. For me, other than reception site rental fee and decorative items I purchased for the foyer rooms, it was a one-stop shopping

Profile Picture jennifer, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Local, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Try the food. All fresh & delicious!!

Profile Picture Jane, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Simply Fresh was AMAZING. The food was SO good! All of my guests KEEP telling me how good it was, and how they wish they could have taken some home! And we chose to serve pudding for dessert as opposed to cake, and OH MY GOD. It was so good! It was served in chocolate and vanilla with a toppings bar. It was the hit of the wedding (besides us getting married, of course). Not only is the food incredible, but the service was fantastic. Jocelyn was great working with us, and helped us through everything! The whole staff really went above and beyond just catering. If you want to have a relaxing time, good food, and feel completely taken care of, book Simply Fresh. They're awesome!

Profile Picture Camille, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer

Simply Fresh's service could not have been better! I wish I could give them 10 stars across the board. Geoff and Jocelyn have event service down pat and their team is incredible. Our wedding went so smoothly because of this incredible team. They say things won't go as you plan for your wedding, but because of Jocelyn and Geoff EVERYTHING went as planned! No question that we would use them again and again and again. They were very responsive to our questions. They met with us many times out at the farm where we got married and answered e-mails right away. We had SO many complements that the food at our wedding was THE BEST wedding food people had ever had. They cooked everything on site (on a 97 degree day) to perfection! Their attention to detail and care for the bride and groom was outstanding. At the end of the night I thought I needed to go and collect all of my clothes and all of my bridesmaids clothes from the bridal suite, but Jocelyn and her team had already packed everything up for us and put it on our shuttle. We couldn't have dreamed of a better company to work with on our wedding day. Thank you Jocelyn and Geoff!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, American, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Set Up

Geoff & Jocelyn were amazing to work with! They helped us tremendously throughout the planning process with ideas and other vendor recommendations and then they coordinated everything for the day of and it was fantastic! They made sure we were fed and hydrated, and this is huge since most of our friends told us that they were starving their whole wedding because they didn't get to eat. We didn't have that problem, they took amazing care of us and our food was fantastic! Not just good for wedding food, but actually delicious! Everyone kept raving about our food and we all know that never happens at weddings, most weddings have food on a scale of terrible, to not bad, but our food was actually really delicious! We also picked everything, I've heard from other friends that you don't always get options on all of your food, but that was not the case with us at all, we picked everything. It was very specific to what we wanted. We didn't go into our planning process with a vision, but they really helped us plan a wonderful event and we could not have done it without them! They're also really amazing at finding ways to do what you want within your budget so you can work with them to find a way to incorporate everything you want at the price you need.

Profile Picture User6901595, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Simply Fresh Events to help plan our wedding in June 2016 at Rocklands Farm Winery. In the week since when friends ask how the wedding went, we tell them that every single thing went perfectly. “Wow,” our friends usually respond, “No one ever says that.” My wife and I know that the tremendous success of our wedding is thanks to Geoffrey and Jocelyn and Simply Fresh Events. We began working with them in the spring of 2015. Simply Fresh took care of every detail on our behalf, and pointed us in the direction of other excellent vendors (photographers, florists, etc.) when we needed them. Midway through the planning process, my wife and I moved out of the area for work, and we still found it effortless to coordinate with Simply Fresh from 1600 miles away. Geoffrey and Jocelyn are highly professional and innovative planners, and several of their decorating and event suggestions (a crate of apples to decorate the bar, a sparkler send-off to close the night, etc.) made for the most memorable moments of our event. As we approached our wedding day, and issues and obstacles appeared with greater frequency, Simply Fresh proved extremely flexible and adept at solving any crisis: from switching seafood vendors to procuring a stage for our band, all at the last minute. At the wedding itself, our guests were full of raves not just for the event but for the catering. Several guests remarked that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding (and we agree). Others were quite pleased by how creatively the chefs had planned for both our carnivorous and vegetarian guests; one was especially delighted, exclaiming that she had never had so many vegetables at a wedding. Simply Fresh delivered on and exceeded our expectations in every facet of the wedding. Perhaps most importantly, they made the entire planning and execution process easy and fun. We highly recommend that you consider their services for your own event.

Profile Picture James, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Using Simply Fresh was a great decision for our wedding food and for overall planning at the Rocklands Farms. The owners were professional, efficient, organized, patient , helpful and were there to make our wedding dinner delicious and our entire function smooth and worry free!!! I highly recommend them for any event!

Profile Picture Denise, 6/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I got married a month ago (May 2016). Simply Fresh was simply AMAZING! You cannot go wrong by working with them. They are great people, and you can tell they care about what YOU want. They work with menu's and have amazing food, but it doesnt stop there.

Jocelyn and her crew were there every step of the way. Picking out linens and rentals, choosing decor, helping find other vendors, and keeping me on track with my planning. Jocelyn and her team went above and beyond anything I ever expected. She was available to always answer easy text messages, or talk me through any doubts or questions I had.

The best part the day of went off FLAWLESSLY - even with the unexpected rain - Jocelyn and her crew was always right there asking my husband and me if we needed anything, our drinks were always full and we didnt need to stress about the next event. The day flowed perfectly.

Guests are still raving to me about how amazing my wedding was and how DELICIOUS the food was. I believe my cousin said it was "the best pulled pork he has ever had."

I would HIGHLY recommend Simply Fresh - Geoff and Jocelyn are the absolute greatest - they are professional, kind, understanding, and best of all there for you!

Profile Picture Dana, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, American, Vegetarian, Buffet

Simply Fresh Catered our wedding this past Saturday and I can't say enough. The food was amazing, their staff was great and they put so much pride in the setup. Jocelyn was a rockstar! She filled in as my wedding planner which made everything so easy. We are so pleased with everything!

Profile Picture Tracy, 5/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding was on April 30, 2016, and we couldn't be happier with how Geoff and Jocelyn handled our catering. All our guests raved about our cocktail hour and BBQ buffet (which went perfectly with the rustic Rocklands Farm venue), but even more important, my family, groom, and I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. Jocelyn's team handled everything from setting up the decorations and directing foot traffic to helping us feel great about our rain plan (since it was an April wedding, after all)! One of our favorite parts of the day was right after the ceremony, where Geoff and Jocelyn had set up a table just for my groom and me to enjoy some of the cocktail hour treats before we went to take photos. It was such a nice time to catch our breath and take everything in. Would definitely recommend Simply Fresh Events to any bride, especially if she's thinking about getting married at Rocklands Farm! Geoff and Jocelyn know the venue inside and out and work so well with everyone there.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

When I asked my guests their favorite part of my wedding, I was surprised at how many people said the food – specifically the hot dog sliders!
My husband and I got married on a crisp March day at Rocklands Farm in Poolesville. Our food was prepared on site and was fresh and warm.
We had heavy hors d’oeuvres served for 2 hours to create more of a party feel for our reception. We selected all of our favorite foods: French Fries, Grilled Cheese, Butternut Squash Soup, Quesadillas, Sliders and Grilled Vegetables. Simply Fresh took all of our request and prepared upscale versions of those simple foods.
Geoff and Jocelyn of Simply Fresh worked with us in every step of our wedding planning process. We selected Simply Fresh because they have catered many events and our venue. Their knowledge of the venue, what worked and did not work, was so helpful in planning a wedding that flowed well.
The day of the event I was not expecting Jocelyn and her staff to be as attentive as they were; she well exceeded any expectation I had!! Every time I turned around she was there telling me what was next on the schedule, handing me a glass of wine or checking in to see if I needed anything. And not just me, her staff looked after my groom, mother, and grandparents with special care. I cannot say enough about all that she did on the day of our wedding to make it run smoothly and take away any stress that I had! Care and attention was given to every detail!
I loved every minute of my wedding, and Simply Fresh played a large part in the success and enjoyment of the day. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Candace, 3/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Local, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings