Simply Eloped Reviews

25 | Vermillion, SD

25 Reviews for Simply Eloped

Christy M. · Getting married on 04/01/2022

Worth every penny!

I was hesitant to pay someone for the service of zooming our wedding, when "i could do it myself." But honestly, they did such a great job before and during the ceremony and at a totally reasonable price, that I'm so glad we did it. It was so nice to work out all the kinks ahead of time and not have to worry the day of. They also were there in the chat to help the less-technical savvy guests make sure their audio was working and keep everyone else muted. Everyone that watched the zoom had really great feedback and it was the perfect way to still involve everyone we had wanted to attend our wedding, while keeping them safe. Would recommend for any couple looking to go virtual!

Sent on 01/21/2021

Simply Eloped's reply:

Christy - thank you for such a great review. We're so glad it was worth the expense. We love being there for you in any way we can on your big day. Congratulations once more!
  • Jackie

Jackie H. · Getting married on 01/11/2022

Service beyond anything I expected

I found Simply Eloped just googling elopement locations and was not sure what to expect. They delivered WELL above and beyond anything I hoped for. The entire process was simple, affordable, and the officiant and photographer were so professional. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing.

Sent on 12/07/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Jackie - wow! Thank you for such a stunning review. We are so happy we blew your expectations out of the water - it's our pleasure! We wish you a very happy life together. :)

Kessly M. · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Made my wedding day effortless

The packages they offered were exactly what I needed and looking to spend. The process was so easy, and all of my questions beforehand were answered and taken care of. Even after the wedding they took care of some lost items for me. Truly great experience. Can't thank them enough for making my day perfect and special.

Sent on 12/09/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Kessly - thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy that through it all you felt taken care of. That's important to us! Wishing you a very happy and healthy life together. :)
  • Garrett

Garrett L. · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Trustworthy and professional

My wife and I had originally planned to have our elopement in June of this year (2020) in Boulder, CO. When COVID caused the lockdowns in March, we were unsure of how long the effects would affect our plans, as we reside in Pennsylvania. We reached out to Coby, our Customer Experience Manager with Simply Eloped about a week after lockdown took place and asked if we could reschedule for August in hopes of things being a bit safer around then. Within a day or two, everything had been rearranged and replanned. The experience itself was so great, our officiant Brandon made us feel like we were the only two people in the world at that moment, and Bri captured the moment so perfectly. We cannot recommend Simply Eloped enough to anyone who is considering them!

Sent on 12/08/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Garrett - thank you so much for the wonderful review! It is so important to us that you felt taken care of during these uncertain times. We're so grateful you included us in your big day and cheers to a long and happy life together!

Becca A. · Married on 01/02/2021

Simply Eloped is the best!

I had a wonderful experience with SE. They made the entire wedding super seamless and really special for my husband and I. All my vendors were incredible and went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/08/2021

Simply Eloped's reply:

Becca - thank you so much for the wonderful review. We're honored to have been a part of your big day. And it's such good luck a rainbow appeared at your ceremony. So special!

Kristi M. · Married on 12/12/2020

Our dream wedding! Keely was prompt as our wedding planner! Denise was a fantastic officiant! And Josh captured each moment of our beautiful day! ❤️

We were pleased with everything and everyone involved! We recommend staying at Colette's cozy cabin in the woods! We will return for our one year❤️! It was a dream and we are on cloud 9! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 01/08/2021

Simply Eloped's reply:

Kristi - Hoorah! Thank you for such a wonderful review. We're over the moon that you invited us to be a part of your big day. So excited for you to return in a year and re-live the beautiful memories!

Marley L. · Married on 12/11/2020

Best Day of My Life

Simply eloped was outstanding!

Sent on 01/06/2021

Simply Eloped's reply:

Marley - thank you so much for the review. It's our honor to have been a part of your big day. Cheers to a happy 2021 together!!!

Billy N. · Married on 11/14/2020

Perfect day thanks to simply elope

They helped me and my wife our perfect elopement special exactly what we wanted it to be. Even in the pandemic

Sent on 11/21/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Billy - thank you for such a lovely review. We're so happy to have been a part of your big day and congratulations once more!

Carissa K. · Married on 10/24/2020

Perfect for elopement or mini ceremony

If you are looking for an organization to coordinate an elopement or very small ceremony, look no further! They made everything so easy! Loved all of the blog posts that help with everything from getting the marriage certificate to location specifics. Everyone we worked with was excellent, officiant photographer, florist!

Sent on 11/20/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and congratulations on your beautiful ceremony! We were honored to be a part of it. :)
  • Kylie

Kylie S. · Married on 10/19/2020

Colorado Elopement

We were originally planned to elope in Hawaii in May. Due to COVID this was cancelled. Simply eloped made to transition to elope in Colorado instead in October so easy. They rooms are of all the details and made sure we were prepared. They have a list of photographs to choose from with links to their Instagram so you can find a photographer style you like. Everything went perfect I’m so happy we went with Simply Eloped. Their prices were so great for everything we received I can’t recommend this company enough!

Sent on 12/05/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Kylie - Hoorah! I'm so glad that your big day was smooth even despite current events. We wish you the happiest life together!
  • Kelly

Kelly J. · Married on 10/18/2020

Elope and if you do, choose Simply Eloped! :)

My husband and I had to postpone our wedding due to COVID - pretty much like every 2020 couple has had to do. We were pretty devastated that we wouldn't be able to have the day we envisioned, but decided that we still wanted to be married.
    After a quick search on the Google, we found Simply Eloped. Finding this service was like finding water in the middle of a desert. Our planner, Coby, was amazing! She was extremely responsive and helpful. The vendors that we were assigned were absolute PERFECTION.
    Simply Eloped is exactly that...simple. As a 2020 bride who had already planned and now had to re-plan my original wedding, the last thing I wanted to do was tackle my Plan B ceremony. I was looking for something where I didn't have to do any vendor or location research. The amount of stress that was lifted off my shoulders as the emails came through from Coby introducing me to all of my vendors was worth so much more than we paid them.
    If you're on the fence about using Simply Eloped - just do it....and pick Colorado. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/04/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Kelly - Thank you so much for using us for your big day. We were honored to be a part of your big day and wish you both a long and happy life together!
  • Shan

Shan C. · Married on 10/16/2020

Exceptional experience

I couldn't ask for a better wedding day...was amazing, had the best team ever.it was a rainy wedding day for me but the team made my day so perfect even in the rain. When you talk about professionalism, this is the team to consider for your wedding day,you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Shan, thank you so much for the stunning review. We were absolutely honored to be a part of your big day. Wishing you the best in 2021 and beyond!
  • Mckinsey

Mckinsey · Married on 10/04/2020

All around great

Simply eloped was so accommodating with all our questions and uncertainty during covid. They helped us find our venue (sunrise amphitheater in boulder, co) and our florist, officiant, and photographer. They were very attentive with last minute changes and questions and helpful with tips for bows, marriage license, and other.

Sent on 11/14/2020
  • Shalane

Shalane G. · Married on 08/29/2020

Pandemic Elopement

Working with Simply Eloped to plan our elopement was wonderful! Everyone was so helpful guiding us through the process of getting married during a Pandemic and planning it in only 4 weeks. I would highly recommend using SE for intimate ceremonies/ elopements.

Sent on 12/07/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Shalane - Hoorah! Thank you so much for the lovely review. We were honored to be a part of your big day, despite pandemic. Wishing you both a very happy life togther!

Carly B. · Married on 08/24/2020

Absolute perfection

We had the BEST experience for our elopement with the help of simply eloped. Our coordinators were all beyond helpful. Our flowers were gorgeous, my hair and makeup was perfect and our officiant was beyond amazing. Not to mention our GORGEOUS backdrop in front of the flatirons in Boulder, CO. Great price and value! So many amazing locations, cities and details to choose from! Our coordinators helped us every step of the way with choosing dinner reservations, limo services etc....Cannot say enough good things about them and have recommended them to so many other Corona Brides!! We used our own photographers we hired for our original wedding but everything else was done completely through Simply Eloped!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Carly - Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We were so honored to be a part of your big day and we wish you nothing but happiness in your marriage!
  • Mariel

Mariel W. · Married on 08/21/2020

My perfect wedding

In the middle of a pandemic the Simply Eloped team helped my husband and I get married easily and stress free. We wanted the scenery of the mountains with a traditional wedding vibe and they made it happen. My hair and makeup team did an amazing job. Our photographer was flexible with what we were wanting and the pictures came out perfectly. I love how our officiant shared our love story with our family surrounding us. Overall it was the best day of our lives and we can’t thank the Simply Eloped team enough!

Sent on 12/05/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Mariel - We were so honored to be a part of your big day and are doubly happy that is was such an amazing day for you both. Thank you so much for including us in your big day and we are wishing you both a very happy life together!

Ashley D. · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazingggg experience! Highly recommend!

Amazing experience with Simply Eloped! Packages to fit every budget and amazing customer service. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to elope or have a small intimate wedding ceremony!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Ashley - Thank you SO much for the wonderful review. We are absolutely honored to be a part of your special day and we are wishing you both nothing but happiness going forward!
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 12/03/2018

oh boy! planning my day with these guys involved has been such a nice treat! thank you :) we're still about 6 months out and im excited!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

John · Married on 05/08/2018

Had a great experience with them!! My day was so special!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

J · Married on 07/31/2017

They're awesome. They answered all of my questions and were crazy helpful.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Alisa · Married on 06/17/2017

We wanted to elope in New Orleans and needed connections for an officiant/photographer and looked at what sort of packages were out there. We were pretty unhappy with 'the only wedding chapel' listed and had some poor communication with that service so we chose Simplyeloped instead. A very reasonable price and they connected me with a wonderful officiant and photographer. They will help with other planning as well, but I did some on my own with the hotel where we were staying. Many hotels with frequent wedding services and locations were booked and we were worried about rain if we chose a park, but we ended up with a fabulous service and experience and Simplyeloped was very instrumental in that. Because of our travel on motorcycles we left a lot of things to the last minute. You can email your chosen officiant and photographer separately and they were very flexible. A great business and a convenient way to get connected with local services if you come from out of town to get married.

Sent on 07/15/2017
  • Josey

Josey B. · Married on 10/21/2020

My wedding was prefect

I loved having a stress free wedding! Everyone was so nice our photographer was great and we have great photos! I loved not having to plan it! All I had to do is tell them what I wanted! Hair and makeup came to me everything was just prefect!

Sent on 11/20/2020

Simply Eloped's reply:

Josey - thank you so much for your review. We were honored to be part of such a special day. Congratulations once more from the whole team!

Robin · Married on 11/01/2020

3.2
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

It's fine if you're not intentional about details

I thought I'd give you here the same feedback I gave SE during and after our planning/elopement in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. If you want to skip the lengthy text, the TLDR is that I think it's an okay option if you're not too particular or intentional. Also love that they do same gender weddings, as we value inclusion and love is love! And not every wedding service in the southeast does that...

Our experience was *fine* (exasperated bride speaking) but there were lots of little issues along the way. I first contacted them to see if our date and custom location within GSMNP were available and if there would be travel fees for the custom location. They responded it was available and there would not be fees. Cool! Booked it. I arranged the park permit myself. Then the little things started happening that wore away at my excitement to work with them.

They paired us with officiant and photographer without so much as asking if we had any particular ideas or preferences. I think this might just be how they work, but there is nothing on their website about the process (I read it A-Z), so I assumed we might have a conversation first. Decided to roll with it.

The park permit coordination and fee for this add-on service were tacked on without asking. I let them know that I had coordinated the permit already and they removed the fee and withdrew their park permit application. Resolved.

Time of our ceremony was recorded wrong. Glad this came up in conversation with our coordinator as I didn't notice it. Resolved.

Fees for travel would have been tacked on, when I’d been told in writing there would be no travel fees. This came up when our last payment was due. I let them know I'd been promised no travel fees and the fees were not added. Resolved.

Officiant let us know he is not permitted in the park. The GSMNP requires all vendors that strictly perform weddings in the park (and not also like a pastor of a local church) have a Commercial Use License and I think special insurance. He called me to ensure I didn't add his name on the permit. I hadn't, and didn't, and I asked SE if the vendors were covered under the SE License. I never heard back, and it seemed the officiant also didn't know (or assume he wouldn't have called me about it). So, I guess I hope SE has a Commercial Use License for the GSMNP. I didn't inquire further or with SE or the photographer.

Didn’t send “itinerary” 10 days in advance as promised (it didn’t matter as we didn't need it, but it was one more thing I felt like they promised and didn't deliver). They sent it maybe 2-3 days out.

Photographer we were paired with was posting he doesn’t want to be doing weddings on his Instagram days five before our wedding. He said publicly that he only did them for the paycheck and that he doesn't want to be known for this work. Okaaaaay. That's not necessarily the energy I want someone showing up with to document one of our lives' most special moments. So I called SE and they did manage to switch us to another photographer last-minute. For a $50 fee. So I paid it, but kind of felt like I shouldn't have had to.

We had hoped to do the "you are now husband and wife!" at a specific time which was important to us. Definitely communicated this to everyone. Unfortunately, because the replacement photographer did not show up at the right place, we waited so long that we missed our special time. Once we DID mange to find her (no cell service in this area of the park) the whole thing felt so rushed. I had communicated copiously with her regarding meeting time and instructions, emailed and texted her pin drops as well. Sigh. We do like images, though I feel like if the ceremony hadn't started out late, we might have chatted with her at the beginning to get her feedback on where to stand for the best shots of our ceremony. It turned out ok, but we wished for better.

So for all this, SE gave us a $75 credit to use towards prints. That's nice, we appreciate it and will use it. The service is affordable and I'm really glad it's available. I'm glad they do not discriminate in the clients they serve. But there's a lot of things I feel like with MINIMAL effort on their part (communication? website updates? contract with people who want to work in the industry?) could be greatly improved. In each two rounds of feedback I gave (in response to surveys they sent) I was contacted by an "Improvements Specialist" and a "Customer Happiness Specialist". We both kind of felt like they are investing in the wrong end of the process. Put more on the front-end of the customer experience and you won't have to have so many people helping on the back-end.

In the end, I would recommend them but with hesitation. If you intend to be at all particular about anything regarding your ceremony, think twice.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Hey Robin,

Laura here - I am the Production Manager here at Simply Eloped, overseeing the coordinator you worked with, and all things related to producing ceremonies.

Thank you for your feedback and I’m so sorry you hit the moments of frustration that you expressed and were left feeling so so about your experience with us.

We’re obsessed with customers being happy and have been doing a deep dive audit of the concerns you brought up to make sure they don’t happen again. We’re still working through it and here are the things that’ve come up in that process, as well as the changes we’re making based on the feedback you shared:

We’re going to update the website to make it more clear how the process works with us, as well as how we connect customers with vendors. Additionally, we’re going to create a pilot program in the coming months that experiments with the idea of customers selecting their vendors before booking with us.

Our vendors are covered under our GSMNP commercial use permit, but clearly there seems to be a misunderstanding with the officiant about how this works. We’ll be contacting him this week to clear that up and prevent future instances of that sort of confusion.

- We really love the vendors we work with and the passion they bring to their work. Historically, your original photographer did great work, clients enjoyed their experiences with him, and we were under the impression that he did as well. As you can imagine, we were also very surprised when his post expressed different feelings. We’re going to contact him to learn if that’s actually the case and if it is, we’ll be removing him from our team. Customers deserve the best, most excited vendors and if somebody doesn't meet that criteria, they’re not the right fit for us.

On a related note, we refunded you the $50 vendor change fee a few weeks ago. I agree with you that you shouldn’t have been charged for this and I’ll work with your coordinator to make sure that doesn't happen again, as well as to find out why it wasn’t made more clear to you earlier that this was refunded.

One of the bigger, overarching issues here that underlies this is that your coordinator was relatively new to the job and I could have done better to make sure she was ready. Moving forward, we will be a lot more hands-on with the process for a longer period of time to make new coordinators feel comfortable and confident in producing beautiful, seamless ceremonies.

Additionally, I’ll be continuing my audit to make sure that concerns like those expressed don’t impact other customers. If you ever want to discuss things further or feel like there’s more we could do to make things right with you, I’d be happy to jump on a call. If you’d like to do so, please drop me a note at laura [at] simplyeloped.com and we’ll schedule something.

On another note, thank you for being appreciative of our efforts for inclusion. It is very important to us!

I am wishing you and Jesse lots of love, all my best, health, and happiness.

Laura
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 10/10/2020

Virtual Wedding

I was very disappointed with our experience. No elopement, no destination, just a simply virtual wedding. What was clearly stated on the website as being included prior to the event did not happen, including the dry-run. As such, the audio pick was poor ans half of the ceremony was off screen. Plus, it now appears the recording was never enabled. We could have handled this much better ourselves and saved the money. Plus, we listed a max of 17 logins. There were 6. One person logged on to a second device due to a rambunctious special-needs child. The moderator made the disconnect from the second device stating they were not allowed. I found that completely ridiculous.

Sent on 10/11/2020

Hey Jessica,

I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than perfect and I totally understand where you’re coming from.

As a standard, we ensure that every virtual ceremony has at least one run through before the virtual wedding to iron out any potential issues, such as audio and visual or connection issues. I am deeply sorry that your coordinator did not schedule a run through with you before the wedding, that was unfortunately an oversight on her part. We believe this sort of thing is unacceptable, so as a result we decided to part ways with your coordinator to make sure this sort of thing never happens again.

I’m happy to report that the ceremony was recorded, so that is great! We are revamping training for our virtual ceremonies so the coordinator knows to send it to the couple ASAP.

As far as the second device goes, we're so sorry about that. I investigated this and it appears the reasoning was because the two devices created audio feedback, which would have created an uncomfortable sound. That being said, in our new training, we'll work in ways to support future instances where clients want to do this.

Once again, I am wishing you and George all my best, so much happiness, and long lives together!

Laura

A · Married on 10/20/2018

0.4
      0.5

I wish I could say the experience was enjoyable, but it was not. I went from thinking everything was taken care of, to having to re-plan my wedding from scratch. I was sent, after making my deposit, that states it was non-refundable AFTER my deposit was made. The website says case by case, and this was not told to me, but yet the deposit can be used towards many different things, just not back to you. I cancelled 4 months before the date and 1 week after it was made. I was told since I was having more than 20 people, my price was going up but they couldn't tell me what it was rising too. Plus you have to pay the city for the venue since the city is who provides the chairs and venue, not eloped, so why would my price go up if what they're providing me does not change to accommodate. I asked these questions and received no answers. Just that my price would change. Very frustrating. I wish this site rang as true as it says online, but don't let them fool you.

Sent on 04/25/2018