Simply Elegant Catering Reviews

108 | South Pasadena, CA

108 Reviews for Simply Elegant Catering

erin · Married on 11/12/2016

We loved working with Mike!! He is one of the nicest guys! And his food is delicious!! We went with Argentina Style Flank Steak served with chimichurri sauce and Cilantro Lime Chicken for our 130 guests. Mike also had a kids menu for the kiddos at our wedding -- chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Our guests were so complimentary of our selections and as I walked around taking photos, I noticed that a few extra vegetarian plates had also been served to guests who I didn't realize were vegetarians. Mike -- as always -- had planned ahead and was ready for anything. I highly recommend Mike and Simply Elegant Catering.

amanda · Married on 03/12/2016

Mike and his team did an incredible job with the catering for our wedding. He was easy to work with and quickly incorporated our requests / changes following our tasting.

We had loved our tasting but we're curious to see how it might be different for 165 guests: Our guests raved about the food, and we definitely had some tough customers. Our guests loved how moist the salmon was, the variety of the appetizers and the great sauces for the tri tip. Mike was able to provide the food In a family style format which we really wanted and turned out great.

Mike was wonderful to work with and definitely surpassed our expectations.

taryn · Married on 11/14/2015

great food & great people! Mike was soo soo friendly during our planning & our tasting. he made us so much food and changed anything we wanted with no hesitation or attitude. he was always early to every meeting & prepared. most importantly our wedding day went off without a hitch & everyone RAVED about the food! i heard from multiple people that they LOVED the food so that was all i wanted!

Sean · Married on 10/04/2014

Wow! Mike and his team at Simply Elegant Catering did an amazing job with our wedding. From the begging of the planning process to the end, Mike was able to handle any and everything when it came to catering our wedding. He worked with us to create a menu and food options we desired for our wedding reception and rehearsal dinner, giving us several options as well as giving us suggestions and the option of creating special dishes. Our venue was a blank slate and he was able to handle everything when it came to renting all the chairs, tables glassware and everything else needed for our ceremony and reception of over 120 guests. He was professional as well as personable throughout the whole process and was a text message away when we had any questions. After two weeks we are still receiving great reviews from our guests on the quality of food and the professionalism of his team. I would recommend Simply Elegant Catering to anyone and will be contacting them in the future for any catering needs. Thank you Mike and your team for making our wedding such a special day!

Mike is suchc a great person to work with. He really takes the time to listen to the bride and groom's needs. I would recommend Simply Elegant to anyone looking for excellent catering for a wedding.

They were our rehearsal dinner catered. Food is AMAZING! We are so truly thankful for the way they treated us and heard our requests.

Vanessa · Married on 06/27/2014

Choosing Simply Elegant to be our caterer was the best decision we ever made. Mike was responsive to our inquiries and a true professional every step of the way. Simply elegant provided amazing food and service. I had guests comment on how tasty our food was! Mike was flexible and innovative with the vision for our wedding. I highly recommend Simply Elegant to cater your next event, you will be in great hands!

We had the most pleasant experience using Mike Faulkner and his company, Simply Elegant Catering. The food was delicious and he provided an abundance of all selections for each guest. From the delicious salad to the tender tri-tips and flavorful salmon and sides, everything was perfect. The wait staff was very friendly and did all they could to respond to any and all requests. They never acted imposed upon, but always quickly and positively responded to every request. They charged very reasonable prices for everything and were flexible to offer any alternative that might help contain costs. I cannot imagine having a better caterer to work with or to take care of a special event.

Liz · Married on 06/08/2014

Simply Elegant is the best option available for catering your wedding. They are SO flexible, SO nice, and SO helpful. From the moment I first met Mike Faulkner, I knew I wanted him as my caterer. He was very friendly, and obviously cared about giving me the service that I was looking for. He didn't try and sell himself, he simply did everything possible to give me what I imagined for my wedding reception. Then I tried the food, and it was over-the-top, incredible! You will not regret hiring Simply Elegant. They are professional, and know exactly what to do in every circumstance. You'll get exactly what you dreamed for your wedding reception.

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2014

Simply Elegant Catering was one of the first vendors we signed, because we were totally blown away by their food. Mike, the owner, worked with us to give us whatever we wanted -- lamb kebab instead of chops? No problem. Caprese on a stick? You got it. At one point, my fiancé admitted that yes, he was looking forward to the wedding, but also to the reception appetizers!

Mike was very responsive and helpful, going above and beyond to give us a place to store our alcohol ahead of time, and providing "props" for our reception free of charge. He was always welcoming and enthusiastic, making us feel like he was excited to be a part of our wedding. We never felt like we were just "a job."

Mike's servers were friendly and professional, and the food they delivered the day of the wedding was just as good as what we'd experienced in our tasting many months before. We got a ton of compliments on the food from the guests, and the special cookies and milk shooters he provided were a wonderful end to the night. Seriously -- the cookies? Mike provides them when you come to meet with him. I think I may have scheduled more meetings than actually necessary to get more of those cookies.

We were so impressed with Mike's cooking that we also booked his storefront venue for our rehearsal dinner. Again, Simply Elegant did a great job of catering and keeping our party happy.

I heartily recommend Simply Elegant for your wedding, but make sure you sit down and eat that dinner on your special day, or else you'll just have to hear your family raving about it months after the fact without getting to enjoy it yourself!

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

Mike and his team at Simply Elegant were by far one of our favorite vendors! Mike provides excellent customer service and he is flexible. All of our special requests were honored without hesitation!
    On the day of, the service was great and the food was outstanding! Many of our guests complimented the food and asked for their contact. We would highly recommend this company for your special event and especially for your big day! Thank you for making our day feel perfect!!!

• Brenda

Brenda · Married on 12/07/2013

I had my wedding on 12/7/13 at Castle Green in Old Town Pasadena. Simply Elegant Catering was one of the many catering options I had to use for my wedding date at Castle Green and I could not be more thrilled with their service and food! They are a FULL service catering company. The did from all the set-up, food and clean up! They are AMAZING!! the food was super delicious, amazing friendly service and they are very wonderful to work with. Mike's entire team is wonderful. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for delicious food and super A++++ service!

thank you!
    Brenda

Selvia · Married on 10/27/2013

Mike was very generous to let us bring two more persons during tasting. The food was very good. My guests really enjoy the food, and the staffs are very friendly. Few weeks after my wedding, one of my guests asked me for simply elegant's phone number to use for her sister's wedding. I and my husband glad to choose simply elegant.

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2013

Mike and his team are AWSOME!!! They made everything PERFECT!!! The whole team are very good at following the Timeline, but also, good at giving us advices if they think something will work better than the original plan. The set up is pretty and the food is very delicious. Plus, everyone in the team are nice and easy going!! I very enjoy working with the team and looking forward to work with the team again and again:)

keith · Married on 09/14/2013

Mike and Laura was a very important part of our special day. The food and service was amazing. Mike is very attentive to all your needs and will do his best to make your dream day come true. We thank you guys so much and can't wait to have our baby shower when it comes wink wink catered by SEC.

Victoria · Married on 08/03/2013

Mike and Laura made our wedding a dream come true. Not only was the food spectacular, Mike was willing to go the extra mile to personalize our wedding. He worked with us through several obstacles of having a wedding at home. The twice baked potato was the best thing I have ever eaten. We also recommend all people Mike works with, especially, Brian, who does lighting and is a class act. Between the ambiance of the lighting and the delicious food, we could not be happier.

Lupe · Married on 08/03/2013

Mike and his staff were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process! From the beginning, he got back to me with a proposal right away and the free tasting he provided was top notch. The food at the wedding was excellent. His staff was very professional. He made my life so much easier by connecting me to a good baker and renting all the linens, plates, silverware, etc. for me. Would definitely book Mike and his staff again!

LOVED THEM! delicious food, nicest people. Not one complaint. We did family style dinner and it worked great. So many compliments on how good our food was!

josh · Married on 07/20/2013

This catering company is by far the best out of the 20 to 30 I researched before choosing them, as well as providing better service and food than any other wedding or event that I have ever been to, (I have been to many). I will start with the attentiveness, friendliness, and professionalism of the the staff, from the bartenders to the wait staff, and chef's I have never experienced such sweet and helpful people. When you add mike to the top of that, you get the best service you could possibly hope for. There was no complication or hindrance that could slow him or his staff down, and always with a smile and a friendly tone would they quickly solve or answer any question or problem. My newlywed wife and myself can not possibly recommend Simply Elegant enough, they were one of the brightest spots on an otherwise rainy day.

Jeff · Married on 07/06/2013

Mike and Anthony and everyone at Simply Elegant were wonderful. Simply Elegant was one of our venue's preferred caterers, and while we contacted several of the preferred caterers, Mike and his wife Laura were the first to get back to us. We had our tasting with him and decided not to look any further. The food was incredible, and their responsiveness was great. Every meeting included cookies and coffee, which was a nice plus. But more important than anything, the day of went off without a hitch. I still have people complimenting me on our food, and I was personally really impressed by the service and the bartenders. I was also impressed by Mike's general approach to our event---everything is customer oriented. You want to go cheap? Mike will make it happen. Want to buy your own booze? Perfect, here's how much you'll need. Need a last-minute substitution or addition? No problem, we're on it. It all felt very anti-wedding-industry, in a really refreshing way. They also recommended our day-of planner (Samantha Sisk of La Bella Dia), who was amazing. Overall, Simply Elegant was incredible to work with, and I would recommend them without hesitation.

Crystal · Married on 06/30/2013

Mike was a wonderful caterer. He and his team are so professional and were such a major help the day of my event. Throughout the whole planning process of my wedding Mike was there to lend a hand a offer help anyway that he could. I would definitely recommend Mike to anyone looking to make their day that much more special. Our guest just gushed over how wonderful the food tasted and how willing his staff was to go out of their way for our guest. Mike is did an amazing job from the setup of our wedding, food, and just overall service. I will definitely be using his services again and would recommend him to anyone looking to plan an event.

Jenn · Married on 06/15/2013

Simply Elegant Catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding reception! The team at Simply Elegant is extremely responsive, flexible and great to work with. My wedding coordinator and I worked directly with Mike. He made me feel as if he truly cared about the success of our wedding and that it was not just another catering job. Since June is a prime time for weddings in Pasadena, CA, it is certainly a busy time for Simply Elegant - however, Mike was on top of it all from beginning to end. My guests thoroughly enjoyed their meals and we really appreciate the time and effort Mike put into working with our modest budget. I HIGHLY recommend this catering company.

Simply Elegant Catering was great!

Carla · Married on 05/31/2013

We used Mike and his team at Simply Elegant to caterer our wedding at Castle Green and for an after party at our home the next day. I can't say enough great things about this experience! After interviewing 3 caterers and having 2 tastings our decision to go with Simply Elegant was an easy one. And now that the wedding is behind us, we know we made the right choice for catering! Mike provided great guidance on planning a meal that met our needs and yet was so open to our ideas/suggestions and feedback. He was very patient and responded so quickly to emails/texts which made our planning process go very smoothly. We selected all our rentals including chargers, and table linens etc. through them and Mike did a great job helping us find something that met our vision. Everything at the wedding was exactly how we had planned!
    Mike allowed us to personalize our experience by using homemade recipes for one of the appetizers! We had some tough food critics at our wedding, given the bride's brother is an executive chef and everyone including him raved about how amazing all the food was. Weeks later people are still talking about the food at our wedding! His staff is so professional too!
    The after party was a more casual event with BBQ food and once again the Simply Elegant team provided top rated customer service, amazing food and a fun party!
    We are so happy we choose Simply Elegant for our special day, they really did an outstanding job. We plan to use them again for any catering needs our family may have in the future. Thank you to Mike and his team for filling up our guests with delicious and memorable food!

Jon · Married on 05/26/2013

So honored to give this review (and recommendation) for Mike Faulkner and Simply Elegant Catering. Miranda and I started our caterer search last summer and were so happy to find Mike. He and his wife immediately responded to our us, providing all necessary info, and within a week we had scheduled our tasting. The food was plentiful and delicious, and the process was easy and fun. We really can't say enough good things about Mike.

Admittedly, we made a lot of changes in the months leading up to our wedding, and Mike rolled with punches. He made helpful suggestions and went above and beyond to find the things that would make my wife's vision of our tables come to life. Mike graciously allowed us time to come in and meet in person to discuss and view our different options. One day, he even drove around last minute to two different rental companies so we could see our complete table setting together. He always made us feel at ease and like his most important client.

Our dinner was very formal, and Mike and his staff took care of everyone wonderfully. We received many amazing compliments on the food. Our guests were very impressed how the tri tip and the stuffed chicken were cooked and with their great flavor The biggest hit was Mike's vegetable wellington--it was a main vegetarian dish that he made into a side, and our guests couldn't stop asking about it.

The most important point in this entire review is that Mike is simply a wonderful person who genuinely cares that your big day is enjoyable and exactly how you want it. He is the type of person you want to have in your corner because you will always feel cared for and secure that your event will be amazing with Simply Elegant Catering. I don't give many referrals, ever. But, I was so impressed with Mike's business, attitude and genuine spirit that I'm happy to write this recommendation. Feel free to ask Mike for my personal email; I'm happy to continue the praise.

-Jon & Miranda