Simply Desserts Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Valerie A. Married on 10/30/2021

Beautiful and Delicious

I picked Simply Desserts based off of how delcious they were when I would visit their job simply to spoil myself after a work day. Kim, the owner, was wonderful to work with and really took off with the flexiability I gave her when it came to designing my cake. She would always get back to me within 24 hours if I had any questions. Kim was also very understanding of my order continiously changing in flux with my dwindling guest count. I also used her for cupcakes, which after my wedding, there were none left which I think is a review within itself.

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you Valerie! It was a pleasure to work with you throughout the entire process. Best wishes!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 10/30/2021

Beautiful and Delicious

Simply Desserts provided us with a gorgeous wedding cake and cupcake display for our 100 person wedding. We opted for the Earl Grey and Lavender cake with Buttercream frosting and couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
    We personally found the cake and cupcakes to be absolutely delicious, but also received many compliments from our guests. We only had five cupcakes left at the end of the night so I think the results speak for themselves!

I also want to mention that Simply Desserts was incredibly flexible and easy to work with regarding our multiple date changes due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Thank you again for your gorgeous and delicious work!

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you both! I am really happy that everything worked out well. Best wishes!!
  • Nirali
    Nirali M. Married on 07/31/2021

Absolutely delicious desserts

We knew exactly who we wanted for our big day after sampling Simply Desserts over the years! Kimberly McDonald is so wonderful to work with and she definitely has the professional experience to help make your cake dreams come true. I have worked with her for birthday parties to create custom, themed cupcakes as well as custom cakes and cake pops for my proposal party! She even suggested certain desserts that we added to our wedding dessert bar and even accommodated a last minute request from us. At our reception, so many of our guests came up to me to compliment the unique flavor choice and guests devoured multiple slices of cakes and desserts. It was really amazing. I highly recommend them and look forward to working with them in the future!

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you Nirali! I loved working with you and knowing you over the years. Best wishes to you and your new husband!
    Casey D. Married on 01/09/2021

Delicious and Gorgeous Desserts

Simply Desserts was very easy and accommodating to work with. Having to reschedule a wedding due to COVID-19, they worked with us on making everything available for the nw date and also worked with us on adjusting the numbers due to downsize in attendees. The cake, cupcakes, cheesecakes, and dessert shooters were out of this world delicious.

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you Casey! Best wishes to you and your new husband! I look forward to hearing from you again regarding the anniversary cake, if not sooner:)
  • Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 08/29/2020

Delicious!

Many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they had tasted! The cake was beautifully done and looked exactly like we were expecting. Kimberly and team were so accommodating and easy to work with and had lots of flavors to choose from (we picked Almond and White Chocolate). Our only complaint is that we were so busy on the night that we didn’t get to sit and eat enough of it! We will have to go back for our 1 year anniversary. :)
    Cari Married on 11/08/2019

Amazing desserts!

My guests couldn’t stop raving about how beautiful my dessert table looked AND how delicious they all were! I ordered cake pops, cupcakes, and a tiny cake to cut at the ceremony. They were ALL delicious and I couldn’t ask for more! Kimberley was so awesome to work with and executed my vision perfectly.
  • Victoria
    Victoria N. Married on 10/26/2019

Delicious and Amazing!

My husband and I decided to go with Simply Desserts for our wedding cake and we are so happy we did. Kim and her team were very responsive and flexible, as evidenced by our changing our minds on the cake’s appearance at least 3 or 4 times. The final product was exactly what we had hoped for – it looked wonderful and tasted DELICIOUS! To this day – nearly five months after our wedding – we still get people telling us how tasty it was. We’re looking forward to getting our one-year anniversary cake and have already decided to get our guests’ favorite, the chocolate cake. I can’t recommend Kim and Simply Desserts enough!
  • Katie
    Katie F. Married on 10/05/2019

Best Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake from Simply Desserts was incredible! It was absolutely delicious and could not have been any better. We had a four tired cake with 2 tiers red velvet with cream cheese filling, and 2 tiers almond cake with honey lemon and raspberry filling with the entire cake frosted in swiss buttercream. Kimberly was fantastic and offered us a custom, personalized cake tasting experience prior to ordering the cake. The cake was delivered on time the day of the wedding, and Kimberly even assembled the cake flowers for us. I can not recommend Simply Desserts enough!
    Regina Q. Married on 10/05/2019

Excellent service and the cake was absolutely perfect... thank you so much for all the help you have given us with your expertise

I highly recommend Simply dessert to anyone... their professionalism and attention to detail are out of this world... they made our wedding day perfect with the beautiful cake they created... thank you so much for your help and time to pick the perfect cake with us for our special day...
    Michael Married on 09/29/2019

Wedding cake and Desserts AMAZING

Simply Desserts was the best choice we made for our wedding cake and small desserts (mini cheesecakes), from the initial cake tasting to the delivery for our wedding, they were very professional throughout the entire process. Delivery was on time and service was very professional. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND for any and all services they offer.

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you very much! We enjoyed working with you as well! Our goal is to make each of our clients feel special from the beginning of the ordering process to the delivery. Best wishes to you both!
    Janelle Married on 09/28/2019

Simply amazing

Simply Desserts created an amazingly beautiful and delicious three tier rustic, naked cake for my wedding. I loved the thin chocolate vine she made to wrap around all three tiers. She was also wonderful enough to stay and wait over an hour after delivery to personally arrange flowers on my cake. She went above and beyond what I expected. Would highly recommend!
    Morgan G. Married on 09/27/2019

Simply delicious!

We decided to do a cake, mini cheesecakes, and dessert shooters. The desserts were a complete hit and we even got to do my husbands favorite flavor for the shooter, passionfruit...Delicious desserts and great service. Would definitely recommend!
    Jacqueline C. Married on 09/21/2019

Everything we hoped for and more!!

Kim and her team were amazing. The cake turned out beautifully and tasted wonderful.
  • Krystal
    Krystal Married on 09/06/2019

pretty & delicious

Kathy is amazing. My husband and I had done a tasting of flavors we had picked out from her amazing selection of cake flavors and we were so impressed. She even let us take home the rest of the mini cake she had made us! She was reasonably priced and she worked with us to figure out the correct sizing and style we wanted. Would totally recommend!!
    Kara M. Married on 08/31/2019

Simply Desserts=Simply Amazing

Simply desserts was local to me, so I stopped in to inquire about wedding cakes. They set me up for a tasting which was great, I had been to one before that didn't want to offer a tasting so I didn't trust that.. I ended up adding delivery a week out from our date and the owner was very accommodating. I also dropped off fake flowers from Hobby Lobby. When she delivered the cake, it was exactly like the photo I took in and the flowers looked real! Would definitely recommend Simply Desserts for any occasion!
    Brittany O. Married on 08/31/2019

Delicious and beautiful creation!

We loved our wedding cake from Simply Desserts! From the initial e-mail to the tasting to the final cake delivery, Simply Desserts was incredibly responsive, timely, and professional. They had interesting flavor combinations you don't see every day and the final cake exceeded our expectations. I spent zero energy worrying about my wedding dessert because I knew they had it under control, which is a huge relief with all of the other moving parts it takes to pull off a wedding. Thank you for the beautiful creation!!
    Mona Married on 08/11/2019

Amazing cake!

Wonderful service/wedding cake provided!
    Hailey Married on 08/02/2019
    Kim was very professional throughout the whole process! The cake tasting appointment was the best I've been to, and I went to about 5-6 prior to coming to this fabulous bakery! Kim was very friendly and walked us through the tasting, sketched our cake for us and delivered the most gorgeous cake to us as well on time and with no hesitation or problems! We're going to be coming back for sure!!

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you again!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 07/27/2019

Delicious cake, professional service!

We highly recommend Simply Desserts! This was a very easy process to work with, a wonderful tasting experience, and a seamless wedding experience. Our cake was delicious and we had many compliments (cake was lavender and earl gray, with honey buttercream frosting).

Thank you for everything!
  • Melanie
    Melanie M. Married on 07/09/2019

Delicious AND Beautiful

We're SO happy we chose Simply Desserts to make not only our wedding cake, but all of our wedding desserts!

In addition to the cake, we ordered a macaron tower, fruit tarts, and custom sugar cookies. The sugar cookies were made based off pictures we provided of cookies we found on social media, and the staff at Simply Desserts recreated them beautifully.

The cake itself turned out STUNNING!!! Kimberly, the owner of Simply Desserts, went back and forth with me via email, revising her sketch of the cake several times until I was satisfied. She even came the day of the wedding to help setup and put the finishing touches on the cake. The final product was beyond my wildest dreams! Most importantly, the cake was delicious. My maid of honor is a foodie who travels all over the world and is difficult to impress, but even she said the cake was moist and delicious.
  • Roseanne
    Roseanne H. Married on 06/29/2019

Fantastic cake!

We hired Simply Delicious based on a recommendation from our wedding coordinator and could not have been happier. The cake was AMAZING - we had 4 tiers, each a different flavor and each simply delicious :-) We also had cupcakes that were equally delicious. HIGHLY recommend if you want a beautiful, elegant, and GREAT tasting dessert at your wedding.
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 06/02/2019

Delicous cakes!

We had Simply Desserts create a wedding cheesecake, mini cheesecakes, and mini pies for the dessert for our wedding. Everything was delicious! All their desserts not only tasted great, but looked incredible too. We will certainly be back for more in the future!
    Chanel W. Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Cake!

My husband and I had a wedding in June at Stone Tower Winery and Kimberly worked with us to create a beautiful cake! We had Lemon Champagne with a filling of American Buttercream/Raspberry Swiss Buttercream and a buttercream frosting. All of our guest loved it!
  • Cristina
    Cristina Married on 05/19/2019

Blush Marble cake

We (and our guests) loved our almond cake from Simply Desserts! It was decorated as discussed and photographed beautifully!!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious Cupcakes and very professional

Simply Desserts provided cupcakes and a small cake for our wedding. Everything was very delicious and the cupcakes were beautiful. We received tons of compliments and Kim was great to work with. She was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. Working with Kim was zero stress and I would definitely recommend her and will use Simply Desserts again in the future.