Simply Desserts Reviews

132 | Gainesville, VA

132 Reviews for Simply Desserts

132 Simply Desserts Reviews

Hailey · Getting married on 07/12/2019

Kim was very professional throughout the whole process! The cake tasting appointment was the best I've been to, and I went to about 5-6 prior to coming to this fabulous bakery! Kim was very friendly and walked us through the tasting, sketched our cake for us and delivered the most gorgeous cake to us as well on time and with no hesitation or problems! We're going to be coming back for sure!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you again!

Janis Jones · Married on 11/02/2018

Beautiful and Delicious Cakes!

The wedding cake was perfect! Exactly what we asked for - both beautiful and delicious! So good - everyone wanted seconds! The groom's cake was so much fun! Custom created from photos of my son-in-law's car. It was a huge hit at the rehearsal dinner!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2018

Delicious and beautiful!

We loved our delicious and beautiful wedding cake from Simply Desserts. It turned out so gorgeous and I couldn’t wait for the point of the reception when we finally got to dig in… it was amazing! Our guests raved about the cake, and a lot of people went back for seconds. There were zero leftovers, so I’m glad we have the option of a one-year anniversary cake!

Kimberly was really easy to work with and very responsive via email. Based on the tasting, we had high confidence in her abilities and we gambled on a unique-flavored cream cheese filling we hadn’t actually tasted. It turned out perfectly and was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted. The pricing was transparent and was comparable to other wedding cake options in the DC area – I would say even a bit more reasonable. Thank you, Simply Desserts!

Simply Desserts 1
    Simply Desserts 2

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2018

Simply Desserts did a fantastic job!! Everyone at our wedding loved the pies and shooters! From the cake testing, to discussing which pies we wanted and then adding in last minute shooter desserts- they were completely on top of everything. The wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! Molly and staff went above and beyond to help our day be as perfect as ever!! I highly recommend Simply Desserts for your next wedding, birthday party and family gathering. I know I sure will be using them again! Thanks so much!!

Simply Desserts 3
    Simply Desserts 4
    Simply Desserts 5
    Simply Desserts 6
    Simply Desserts 7

Justine Lam · Married on 10/05/2018

Simply the best!

Kimberly and her team were amazing from beginning to end. During the tasting, she provided different cuts of cakes and dollops of icing that we could mix and match. She let us take our sweet time and gave advice according to how I wanted our colors and flavors. She was very patient when we switched guest numbers around and allowed us basically to do everything we were comfortable with. She offered rentals for the cake and cupcake stands in one flat price. When it came to the day of the wedding, the cake was more beautiful than I could imagine. She got my exact vision and it was DELICIOUS. I'm very picky when it comes to my cakes let me tell you. I chose a lavender earl gray with honey swiss buttercream - simply the best. I went to two other cake tastings that quoted a bit more and they were not even half as good. They put magic in these cakes because they were super moist and with the right amount of icing. Drooling writing this review - wishing I had some right now!

Elaina · Married on 09/29/2018

Simply Desserts did a great job on our wedding cake design and it tasted delicious!! I also love how they give you a free cake on your anniversary too so you don't have to freeze the top!

Simply Desserts 8
  • F

Felicia · Married on 09/28/2018

Absolutely stunning job and the best cake I have ever had!

Samantha · Married on 09/21/2018

Kim and Simply Desserts were an absolute pleasure to work with. We told Kim that we wanted our cake to be one of the highlights of the reception, both in presentation and taste, and she exceeded our expectations. It was absolutely beautiful and so many of our guests commented on how delicious it was!

Simply Desserts 9

Gerhardt · Married on 09/15/2018

We met with quite a few vendors in the Leesburg area and were impressed by Kim's professionalism, and of course were sold after we tried her cakes! Couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake, delicious, and looked great!

Tammy · Married on 07/28/2018

I loved our cake! it came out so beautiful and tasted super delicious.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Thank you Tammy!

Erna · Married on 07/20/2018

It looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. They were easy to work with and very helpful!

Sent on 08/24/2018
    Simply Desserts 10

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you Erna! So happy you had an enjoyable experience!
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 06/09/2018

Simply Desserts? More like simply delicious!!! Once I started planning my wedding, Simply Desserts was the only place that popped in my mind to get a cake. From the moment I reached out for information, to the cake tasting, down to taking that first bite of cake on our wedding, I was not disappointed. The level of professionalism from this team was matched with the taste of the cake....amazing! I got so many compliments on the look and taste of this delicious cake. Hands down I will recommend everyone I know to this place!

((We went with a vanilla cake with a honey lavender frosting))

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Simply Desserts 11

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much Yvette! We truly appreciate all the kind compliments, and enjoyed working with you!

Casey · Married on 05/26/2018

Great service, the best cake I've ever tasted!

Talia · Married on 05/19/2018

Simply Desserts was awesome to work with! They listened to everything I wanted and did everything I asked for. I did a Groom’s cake as well as a cake and cake pops for the wedding and received a ton of compliments not just on the presentation and look, but the taste as well. Everything was delicious! We will be going to Simply Desserts for all our dessert needs now.

Simply Desserts 12
    Simply Desserts 13

Shira · Married on 05/05/2018

Simply Desserts owner Kimberly was a pleasure to work with and the only one around who could make our 3-tiered cheesecake wedding cake come to life. Not only was it beautiful and exactly what we imagined, it was absolutely delicious too! She also includes a fresh one-year anniversary cake, which we can’t wait to celebrate with :) Thank you, Kimberly!

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2018

I would highly recommend Kimberly and Sinply Desserts! She was easy to work with and listened and recreated my dream wedding cake. The cake tasting was easy to set up and wonderful to try so many different flavor combinations. I chose the lavender cake with honey buttercream frosting along with the red velvet cake. Not were excellent and the cake was beautiful!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you Jessica! We are so glad you had a great experience with us as that is our aim, and enjoyed working with you!

Shannon · Married on 04/21/2018

They set the cupcakes and cake up and they were delicious!!!!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Cheryl · Married on 03/10/2018

Our NY Giants / IN Colts wedding cake was perfect!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Simply Desserts's reply:

We're so glad, thank you!

Vincent · Married on 12/16/2017

Supported our Dec 2017 wedding. Drove the cake 160 miles to the reception. Personable, professional and overall good people. Simply Desserts is a great business and highly recommended!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Simply Desserts 14

Simply Desserts's reply:

We appreciate it, thanks so much!

Eva · Married on 11/17/2017

Absolutely delicious and amazing service!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Gayan · Married on 11/05/2017

Great job on my wedding cake. It was beautiful and tasted delicious.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Anna · Married on 10/31/2017

We ordered a two tier wedding cake, bride and groom cake pops, and s'more shooters. Everything turned out perfectly! It was so delicious!!!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you! Glad you loved it!

Ryan · Married on 10/21/2017

Kim was awesome to work with. From the time we did our tasting and designed our menu to the final product, we were extremely pleased with how everything went. The cake pops and cupcakes were all delicious and the display was awesome.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much! We appreciate it, and are happy to have provided yummy tasting desserts. Hope to see you again!
  • User7816994 · 1+ year ago

We had originally planned to get our cake through our caterer, but about two months prior to our wedding their pastry chef quit. Thankfully we found Simply Desserts rather quickly! They were able to step in at the last minute and save they day. They offer a wide variety of delicious flavors, and are incredibly talented when it comes to decorating. Our cake looked and tasted amazing! Simply Desserts also offers to remake the top layer of your cake for your one year anniversary at no additional cost.

Simply Desserts 15
    Simply Desserts 16
    Simply Desserts 17
    Simply Desserts 18
  • W

Wajma · Married on 10/14/2017

Everything was absolutely perfect. The presentation of the cake and most importantly, the taste, was fantastic. It was everything we wanted and some. Also, working with Kimberley was so pleasant and easy. Can’t wait to use them for future events!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you!! We really appreciate the kind words, and are happy you enjoyed everything! Congrats again!