Simply Desserts Reviews

Simply Desserts 6
Simply Desserts 7

Mona · Married on 08/11/2019

Amazing cake!

Wonderful service/wedding cake provided!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Hailey · Married on 08/02/2019

Kim was very professional throughout the whole process! The cake tasting appointment was the best I've been to, and I went to about 5-6 prior to coming to this fabulous bakery! Kim was very friendly and walked us through the tasting, sketched our cake for us and delivered the most gorgeous cake to us as well on time and with no hesitation or problems! We're going to be coming back for sure!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Simply Desserts's reply:

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you again!
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/27/2019

Delicious cake, professional service!

We highly recommend Simply Desserts! This was a very easy process to work with, a wonderful tasting experience, and a seamless wedding experience. Our cake was delicious and we had many compliments (cake was lavender and earl gray, with honey buttercream frosting).

Thank you for everything!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Chanel Williams · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Cake!

My husband and I had a wedding in June at Stone Tower Winery and Kimberly worked with us to create a beautiful cake! We had Lemon Champagne with a filling of American Buttercream/Raspberry Swiss Buttercream and a buttercream frosting. All of our guest loved it!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 05/19/2019

Blush Marble cake

We (and our guests) loved our almond cake from Simply Desserts! It was decorated as discussed and photographed beautifully!!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious Cupcakes and very professional

Simply Desserts provided cupcakes and a small cake for our wedding. Everything was very delicious and the cupcakes were beautiful. We received tons of compliments and Kim was great to work with. She was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. Working with Kim was zero stress and I would definitely recommend her and will use Simply Desserts again in the future.

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Simply Desserts 8

Anne Parriott · Married on 04/20/2019

Simply Desserts

Excellent from start to finish, the cake was beautiful and tasted delicious!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful, Delicious and a pleasure to work with

They were a pleasure to work with. Reasonably priced. Delicious cake! They delivered our cake for our wedding to DC which was wonderful.

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Emma

Emma Benton · Married on 04/06/2019

Delicious Gluten-Free Cakes!

I used Simply Desserts for our wedding cake and was super impressed! Kimberly made it easy to set up a tasting and we had so much fun doing it. I needed the cake to be gluten free and she had plenty of options. We ended up going with a lemon cake with raspberry buttercream and a raspberry jelly on the inside & a honey lemon buttercream on the outside. It was SO delicious!! Everyone at the wedding was telling us how good it was - and no one could tell it was gluten free either!

I would highly recommend this bakery for a wedding cake or any type of special ordered desserts - especially gluten free. Kimberly was awesome to work with and made the exact cake I envisioned!!

Sent on 04/19/2019
    Simply Desserts 9
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing Cake!

Kim and Simply Desserts was actually the third cake tasting we had and after the first two being similarly disappointing we were worried that we weren't going to be able to find something we liked. Kim wiped away any concern that we had, the tasting was phenomenal and she encouraged us to make a fun choice for one of our flavors of green tea cake and matcha cream cheese filling. She made my vision come to life and understood everything I was trying to put into words.

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Simply Desserts 10

Erika Hernandez · Married on 01/25/2019

Great service, delicious desserts!!

Absolutely loved the cake and desserts for our wedding. Nothing was overly sweet, it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Abby · Married on 11/24/2018

Deliciously good!

Kim was very professional and makes delicious cupcakes! I had to change my flavors to the GREEN TEA because I just couldn’t forget about how great it tasted - and I’m not a sweet tooth at all! It was a nice surprise to see my cake displayed when I walked into the reception! Thank you, Kim!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Katherine Luu · Married on 11/10/2018

Best cake ever

When we first met Kim, we knew we found our wedding cake provider. She was patient and listened to all our needs. She was so accommodating to the point that she even made us Ube cupcakes (yes, we're Asians) as a special request AND they were amazingly delicious!!! We ended up with her earl grey/lavender cake as our main tier and the almond for the rest. We barely had any cake left over and the Ube cupcakes were gone even before we cut our cake. Not too boast, but that's the best wedding cake ever and I've attended several weddings myself. I can't wait to celebrate my 1st year anniversary so I can taste that lavender cake again!!!

Sent on 02/06/2019
    Simply Desserts 11

Janis Jones · Married on 11/02/2018

Beautiful and Delicious Cakes!

The wedding cake was perfect! Exactly what we asked for - both beautiful and delicious! So good - everyone wanted seconds! The groom's cake was so much fun! Custom created from photos of my son-in-law's car. It was a huge hit at the rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Natalie · Married on 11/02/2018

Delicious and Beautiful!

Simply Desserts made the best wedding cake ever! Our wedding cake was a two-tiered almond cake with cinnamon filling and sheets cakes of green tea cake with matcha filling, and they were the best cake I have ever had! During the tasting my now husband and I were a little hesitant to try the green tea cake because we are not huge fans of green tea flavors normally, but it was subtle and perfectly complimented by the matcha filling! Since we had a fall wedding the almond and cinnamon seemed like an easy choice. When we ordered our cake, they also said they would make us a fresh cake on our one-year anniversary, which I am so excited about.
    I also ordered a surprise groom’s cake for the rehearsal dinner and they did a stunning job, I couldn’t believe it was made of cake! They made a car to look like my husband’s 2018 Mustang that his is in love with and the cake looked exactly like his car!!! I couldn’t believe how well they did on that cake and it tasted amazing! The car was their cookies and cream cake and again it was delicious! I don’t think you could go wrong with any of their flavors. Everything about Simply Desserts is amazing.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Christine · Married on 10/27/2018

October 2018 Wedding

We loved working with Simply Desserts to make our cake for our wedding in October 2018! The staff was always friendly and responsive to our requests and any changes we had. The cake flavors they offered were delicious and huge crowd pleasers. They made the design of the cake we envisioned come to life with elegant detailing and tiering. The staff delivered the cake on our wedding day to our venue on time and with no hiccups what-so-ever which was very important to us! We would highly recommend Simply Desserts to anyone looking for desserts, cakes, and more!

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Erin

Erin Turner · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious and Professional!

Simply Desserts was an absolute dream to work with!
    From my tasting to the day of, they were super responsive and made our special day perfect.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay King · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!!

My husband and I wanted a cake that was Gothic and elegant at the same time for our Halloween wedding. We got the perfect cake! It was three tiers, all different cake shapes. There were black and maroon flowers to match our colors and skulls around the cake to get the Gothic feel. The lace added the perfect tough of elegance to the cake! The cake came out more perfect than we thought it could be because not many people want skulls, flowers and lace. Also, the cake was beyond delicious! We went with a red velvet cake and chocolate filing which turned out to be the ultimate combination. Thank you so much for the perfect cake!!! We were so impressed and so were all of our guests!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Simply Desserts 12
    Simply Desserts 13
    Simply Desserts 14
    Simply Desserts 15

Bonnie · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing job!!!

Simply Desserts made our wedding cake, and we couldn't be happier with the end product. The cake looked amazing, and tasted even better!! We wanted a specific flavor of cake (dulce de leche) which wasn't a normal flavor that they made, but Simply Desserts was totally able to make the cake in that flavor and it was a hit at our wedding! They did an amazing job and we look forward to our anniversary cake from them :)

Sent on 01/27/2019
    Simply Desserts 16
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2018

Delicious and beautiful!

We loved our delicious and beautiful wedding cake from Simply Desserts. It turned out so gorgeous and I couldn’t wait for the point of the reception when we finally got to dig in… it was amazing! Our guests raved about the cake, and a lot of people went back for seconds. There were zero leftovers, so I’m glad we have the option of a one-year anniversary cake!

Kimberly was really easy to work with and very responsive via email. Based on the tasting, we had high confidence in her abilities and we gambled on a unique-flavored cream cheese filling we hadn’t actually tasted. It turned out perfectly and was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted. The pricing was transparent and was comparable to other wedding cake options in the DC area – I would say even a bit more reasonable. Thank you, Simply Desserts!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Simply Desserts 17
    Simply Desserts 18

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2018

Simply Desserts did a fantastic job!! Everyone at our wedding loved the pies and shooters! From the cake testing, to discussing which pies we wanted and then adding in last minute shooter desserts- they were completely on top of everything. The wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! Molly and staff went above and beyond to help our day be as perfect as ever!! I highly recommend Simply Desserts for your next wedding, birthday party and family gathering. I know I sure will be using them again! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Simply Desserts 23
  • Justine

Justine Lam · Married on 10/05/2018

Simply the best!

Kimberly and her team were amazing from beginning to end. During the tasting, she provided different cuts of cakes and dollops of icing that we could mix and match. She let us take our sweet time and gave advice according to how I wanted our colors and flavors. She was very patient when we switched guest numbers around and allowed us basically to do everything we were comfortable with. She offered rentals for the cake and cupcake stands in one flat price. When it came to the day of the wedding, the cake was more beautiful than I could imagine. She got my exact vision and it was DELICIOUS. I'm very picky when it comes to my cakes let me tell you. I chose a lavender earl gray with honey swiss buttercream - simply the best. I went to two other cake tastings that quoted a bit more and they were not even half as good. They put magic in these cakes because they were super moist and with the right amount of icing. Drooling writing this review - wishing I had some right now!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Elaina · Married on 09/29/2018

Simply Desserts did a great job on our wedding cake design and it tasted delicious!! I also love how they give you a free cake on your anniversary too so you don't have to freeze the top!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Simply Desserts 24
  • F

Felicia · Married on 09/28/2018

Absolutely stunning job and the best cake I have ever had!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/21/2018

Kim and Simply Desserts were an absolute pleasure to work with. We told Kim that we wanted our cake to be one of the highlights of the reception, both in presentation and taste, and she exceeded our expectations. It was absolutely beautiful and so many of our guests commented on how delicious it was!

Sent on 10/12/2018