Simply Captivating Styling, LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Kara F. Married on 09/17/2022

Amelia was so wonderful!

I couldn’t have been happier with my wedding hair! Amelia was wonderful, professional, flexible, and so easy to work with! All of my bridesmaids and myself were so pleased. She was also so kind and easy to talk to!
    Ashley S. Married on 09/04/2022

Simply the Best!

We worked with Amelia from Simply Captivating Salon for my wedding, and would hire her again in a heartbeat. Amelia is incredibly talented, I was blown away by how my hair and my whole bridal party looked. It rained all day, and our hair held up through all the humidity, rain, and dancing. I would highly recommend any bride to choose simply captivating, worth every penny!
  • Mia
    Mia I. Married on 09/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So sweet and SO talented!

I can't even figure out where to begin with Christy and Haley! Christy is just so sweet and an absolute pleasure to work with. Extremely organized and prepared both before the trial and the day of the wedding. For my trial, she was so patient and worked with me. Then after the trial, I decided to change my style a bit and she was more than happy to accommodate. On the wedding, she 100% nailed it and totally captured the vibe of what I wanted and MORE. I couldn't have dreamt of what she did and it was just so perfect. They made us all look and feel so beautiful and I am so grateful to Christy and Haley!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin C. Married on 08/12/2022

Amazing talent !

I can’t say enough nice things about her ! She is perfect ! You couldn’t be possibly disappointed because she is so skilled in what she does and she genuinely loves what she does and that translates into her work! She made our day so special ! You’re so lucky if you book Christy because she won’t disappoint!! ❤️
    Kara Married on 07/22/2022

ABSOLUTE perfection!

We had the best day ever AND the best hair! Amelia and Michelle knocked it out of the park. I knew I trusted Amelia the moment we had my hair trail. She helped with what extensions to select and how each girl should prep their hair the night before. Both myself, the bridesmaids and mothers all received compliments the entire evening. Their energy in our bridal suite was a breath of fresh air! They were on time and kept ahead of schedule, which I think is so important. Michelle was awesome with the kiddos too! We had junior bridesmaids and older flower girls and you could tell they felt so confident and beautiful. Absolutely recommend!
    April Married on 06/18/2022

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Christy is insanely TALENTED!!!! Her work is truly incredible. She’s efficient and professional and intuitive about her client’s desires. She works to perfection under pressure and is super flexible. Most importantly, she’s committed and genuinely interested in listening to everyone’s needs. I absolutely recommend Simply Captivating to any Bride!!!
    Haley O. Married on 06/04/2022

Highly Recommend Amelia!

Amelia was amazing to work with! She did my bridal hair and bridesmaids’ hair for my June wedding. Everyone was so pleased with her work. She truly brought my vision to life! I had so much trust in Amelia, and she didn’t let me down. My hair stayed perfectly through my entire day! Aside from being an amazing stylist, she is also sooo nice and fun! I highly recommend her!!
    Cassie R. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The sweetest & extremely talented!!

I can’t say enough good things about Christy and simply captivating hair. She gave me the wedding hair of my dreams. It was absolutely perfect and stayed throughout the whole day. She and her team (Michelle & Brianna) knocked it out of the park! They made the morning go so smoothly with a very large wedding party. Every single person loved their hair!
    Aidel Married on 05/19/2022

Easygoing and beautiful experience

Christy is such a pleasure to have around! She kept the room calm, did an excellent job on everyone's hair, and was just so easygoing. If you'd like to feel like a queen on your special day I would definitely recommend going with Christy!
    Nina Married on 05/19/2022

Mother of the Bride

Christy is incredibly talented. She wowed us with a variety of different hair styles created for each person’s vision. She even styled my wig ahead of the wedding which was amazing!
    Christy was easy going, relaxed and so comfortable and accommodating to be around. We cant wait to have another reason to call Christy again!
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 05/14/2022

Wonderful!!

Having Christy & Michelle do our hair for my wedding was the best decision. They were wonderful to work with and made all of us look so beautiful. I cannot thank them enough and would recommend them to anyone!
    Erin K. Married on 05/07/2022

Christy is amazing!

Christy is amazing! I knew after going through her work on Instagram she would do a great job but she truly went above and beyond. After my hair trial I knew that she was going to nail my wedding day hair and she did exactly that. All of my bridesmaids and mom were so pleased with their hair as well and kept telling me how impressed they were. Aside from her amazing talent, Christy is such a kind person and was such a treat to work with. Would recommend her to anyone!
    Kayla Z. Married on 04/30/2022

Dream wedding hair

I worked with Amelia from simply captivating and my experience was wonderful! Amelia was truly the most professional vendor I have worked with throughout my wedding process. She constantly kept in contact with me and was extremely responsive. On the day on the wedding, every single person LOVED their hair including myself!! I even made a last minute change to how I wanted my hair done. Amelia was completely on board with my decision and gave me my dream wedding hair! I could not recommend her enough!
    Rachel B. Married on 04/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

5 Stars Across the Board!!

Christy is the absolute BEST! I followed Simply Captivating Salon on instagram for months before I got engaged and I knew that I HAD to book them for my big day. In fact, Christy was one of the first vendors I locked down! Not only was my final look even better than I could have ever envisioned, Christy and Michelle made my entire bridal party feel at ease, special, and totally glam the morning of my wedding. They are not only extremely talented, but also very kind people who were flexible with me during the ups and downs of coordinating logistics for my day. They were super punctual and kept us all on schedule, very clean, and most importantly creative - every woman had a special look unique to them. If I could give 100 stars to Christy and her team, I would!!
    Kenyan K. Married on 04/02/2022

So sweet and talented!

Christy is the BEST! She is beyond sweet, so accommodating, and VERY talented. I hired her team to do all my bridesmaids as well and there was not one complaint. I absolutely loved my hair and from the moment I met her I knew I was in the best hands for my wedding day. Christy and her team made the entire process so fun and special
    Jayne O. Married on 04/02/2022

Absolute perfection

Amelia from simply captivating was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is the best hype woman and made me feel beautiful for my big day. My hair, along with my five of my bridesmaids, looked phenomenal. From half up/half down to formal updos to party ponies, Amelia did it all. My bridal party and I were so pleased with how our hair looked throughout the day. It was so easy to work with her- quick to communicate, fun, and so nice! I can’t recommend Simply Captivating enough.
  • Gianna
    Gianna T. Married on 03/19/2022

Talented, Professional and Extremely Kind Team

Amelia was absolutely outstanding! She was so patient, super kind and professional throughout the entire experience from start to finish. She was flexible with booking a trail, and Christy was very kind and accommodating when working on my wedding day schedule, and details. Wedding planning (especially from another state across the country) is hard enough, but having Simply Captivating/Amelia as a the hair stylists was the best and easiest experience! No stress, and my wedding day dream hair was perfect!
    Lisa A. Married on 03/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best in the burgh (& beyond!)

I really don't know where to start.. I first met Christy years ago when her and Michelle did our hair for a friends wedding. I never liked my hair when I got it done in the past and I was OBSESSED with how Michelle did it that day. I knew I needed them both for my day (when the day came! lol) That said, Christy was the FIRST person I booked -- before even securing a venue and it was easily the best decision I made!

On top of her amazing work, she is very personable and down to earth. She really went above and beyond for me when the weather took an unexpected turn, calling for up to 9 inches of snow at our location, an hour outside of pgh -- talk about a panic attack! lol Christy and her team put my mind at ease and booked rooms at a nearby hotel so they could make it to do our hair! It actually makes me emotional still thinking about it.

I could go on for days but at the end of the day, they are THE BEST in the game. Christy, Michelle, and Haley -- you ladies are the real MVPs. Michelle and Haley, you two are just as amazing and I 20/10 recommend you also! EVERYONES hair looked AMAZING. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Stephanie B. Married on 11/19/2021

Wonderful experience!

I had the pleasure of working with Christy for my wedding day. I had known all along that I wanted an updo and as soon as I came across Christy’s instagram I knew she was the one. She is amazing to work with, so responsive and so sweet! We had a great time at my hair trial and she worked with me to adjust the style to get it just right. We had both Christy and Bri four our wedding day and they were so quick to get through all of the girls both adults and the younger girls. Everyone looked absolutely stunning. I loved my wedding hair, it was exactly what I had envisioned and it stayed all day and night! I can’t recommend Christy enough, she is flexible, reliable, responsive and so talented!
    Vanessa S. Married on 10/29/2021

Christy is AMAZING!!!

Christy the owner of Simply Captivating Salon is AMAZING!! Not only is she amazing at what she does, she’s such a sweetheart!! My wedding was postponed 5 times due to COVID and I was so sad when Simply Captivating wasn’t available for the first 4 dates. I knew it was a blessing when Simply Captivating was finally available for my 5th wedding reschedule! Christy went above and beyond to make every experience so special! I felt like I was on cloud 9 during my hair trial because Christy made the experience so special! I knew I would be in great hands for the day of my wedding and Christy exceeded my expectations!! My entire bridal party and our moms looked gorgeous! We all got so many compliments! Christy is the best of the best!! I’m beyond grateful that I had the chance to work with Christy! Thank you again for turning my fairytale wedding into a reality! I’m forever grateful for you!!
    Anna S. Married on 10/23/2021

Christy is the best!!

I am so glad I hired Simply Captivating Salon for my wedding hair! Christy and Michelle did an amazing job doing 10 beautiful hairstyles on myself, my bridesmaids, mothers, and grandmother. Everyone raved about how much they liked their hair and how well it stayed in place. Christy is very organized and helped plan out the timeline, which was so helpful for getting ready. Christy is so incredibly sweet, and I felt comfortable talking to her at my trial and on the day of! I was not entirely sure on what style I wanted, and she talked me through different options and worked with me to create my perfect style and even made tweaks to the style after the trial. On the day of the wedding, she was also incredibly helpful and worked with some of the bridesmaids who weren’t quite sure what they wanted either. I felt beautiful on my big day, and I have Christy to thank for that! I highly recommend Christy and her team!
    Alayna L. Married on 10/22/2021

Best of the best!

I had to postpone my wedding due to COVID, and I was super lucky that Christy was available for my new date! She was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. Extremely talented, professional, and to top it off, the sweetest human ever. We tweaked my style a bit after the trial and Christy NAILED it. My hair was perfect and lasted all night!! Thank you so much for making me feel my best on my big day!
    Lauren V. Married on 10/02/2021

Wedding Day

Christy was incredible to work with. She made all of my bridesmaids hair dreams come true. She made an easy to follow schedule for the day of and was extremely flexible. I could not recommend her enough!
    Amy O. Married on 09/18/2021

Absolutely Perfect!

Everything about "Simply Captivating" was PERFECT! The hairstyles they created for eight bridesmaids, MOB, and the bride were absolutely gorgeous! Christy and Amelia really listened to each person's vision and they patiently and cheerfully brought that vision in to reality. Their professionalism, calm demeanor, and genuine kindness were really appreciated on such an important day! Efficient communication, ease of booking, and punctuality were just icing on the cake. I highly recommend Simply Captivating!!
    Giana L. Married on 09/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing stylist, even better person!

If anyone deserves a 5 star review its Christy and her team at Simply Captivating. From my first interaction with her she was professional and quick to respond. She is focused on giving you the best possible experience and was so acommodating for me planning from afar. Christy is extremely welcoming and truly makes you feel beautiful- the ultimate goal of a wedding hair stylist. She was well prepared for my trial, she asked lots of questions ahead of time and had photos printed out that I sent her. When I requested some changes for the big day but couldn’t do another trial because of travel, she took my inspiration photos and sent me videos of her practicing a really challenging style that I requested- truly ABOVE AND BEYOND. She communicated perfectly with our planner, showed up on time and finished well ahead of schedule with 14 girls getting hair styled. So impressive. They all looked great and said it was the best bridesmaid hair they’d had. Hire her and you won’t have to worry about a thing!!!
illustration stars