Simply Captivating Styling, LLC Reviews

176 | Mc Donald, PA

176 Reviews for Simply Captivating Styling, LLC

• Stephanie

Stephanie Y. · Married on 09/12/2020

The Best in Pittsburgh - Look no further!!

I've always been picky about my hair. I've spent hundreds of dollars on updos/formal hair that were never up to my expectations. I stumbled across Simply Captivating Salon while vigorously searching Instagram for a stylist for my wedding. I was instantly won over with the looks I found on her page. Christy's work compared to the inspiration photos were almost identical, which is something that every bride looks for!

After a quick response from Christy and an easy booking process, she worked with me through multiple hair trials, answered every question I had and made recommendations for me. She was able to create a look better than I imagined. In additional to my hair, she did 7 others that included a mixture of romantic low buns, elegant up-dos, beautiful half ups and even classic Hollywood waves.

From start to finish, Christy was a pleasure to work with. Her professionalism, passion, talent and kindness are exactly what you want from your stylist! If she is available for your date, book Simply Captivating Salon now!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Julie S. · Married on 08/11/2020

Amazing Bridal Style!

Christy is hands down amazing at what she does! I found Christy and Simply Captivating Salon through Instagram and I could not be happier. Christy was so organized with everything from my first contact with her through the wedding day. I was so happy to have my trial and Christy took pictures and asked me later on in the day how things were holding up. I never knew how important a trial was before this! By the time my wedding day came (even after COVID postponement), Christy knew exactly how to make minor changes from trial so that my hair was PERFECT for my wedding. My hair was so stunning, Christy is a hair artist and I'm searching for my next opportunity to have my hair done by Christy. My hair stayed perfect ALL DAY, through my 1 am afterparty. I was so shocked and amazed by the style. If you're looking for the best of the best, stop here and book with Christy! I can't stop smiling when I think about my wedding hair!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Brooke · Married on 08/08/2020

Dream Team!

Briana and Christy are just wonderful! They made me and my bridal party feel so special and beautiful! My mom and now mother-in-law were in tears they were so happy with how their hair turned out!! I can’t thank these ladies enough for making us feel so wonderful and beautiful! Each style was absolutely stunning!!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Beth C. · Married on 06/27/2020

Perfection!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Christy and Simply Captivating Salon!! As a bride who had to deal with unfortunate circumstances, due to COVID-19, Christy was such a bright spot. We had to change several things for our wedding and Christy was supportive, flexible, and professional every step of the way. She really put my bridesmaids and myself at ease. We had the pleasure of going to Christy’s salon the morning of my wedding to get our hair done. Even with social distancing and safety precautions, everything was amazing! I absolutely LOVED my hair, as did my bridesmaids! Christy was so kind and the whole experience was so enjoyable. We all received so many compliments on our hair throughout the day. I sent Christy a few inspiration pics as ideas and she blew them out of the water with what she did with my hair! I would recommend Simply Captivating Salon to any bride, bridesmaid, or anyone looking to get their hair styled! Perfection!

Sent on 07/01/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa D. · Married on 01/04/2020

Stop Looking She is the Best

Christy was absolutely amazing!! She was so kind and really helped in picking the right hairstyle for my wedding day! She made me feel beautiful and my hair absolutely perfect!! I could not recommend her more if you are looking for the best!! She was so nice and calming before and during the wedding day!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 11/02/2019

My miracle worker

I don’t know why I hesitated for so long to hire Christy but I’m so glad I did. For every formal event I’ve had my hair done, I’ve always hated my hair. For my wedding hair, I had a very specific vision and so much anxiety over it. I have very thin, straight hair that doesn’t like to do anything. I wanted a low updo but not to look like I was bald from the front, since that’s what would be seen by me and my photos. When she finished my trial I actually started crying because my hair was so perfect! My hair looked like I had tripled my hair amount but wasn’t heavy at all and felt secure and comfortable. And then to really test my hair, I took a nap afterwards in my updo and it all held up.

That morning she showed up bright and early with so much joy and energy. All of my girls had a blast getting their hair done and were so impressed with her work. My hair held up all day/night through windy outdoors photos, lots of dancing and hugs. I didn’t worry all night about “popping a curl” (something I’ve had or seen happen at all too many weddings).

The biggest thing with Christy is she feels like your new best friend. She has the sweetest heart and just makes you want to smile the whole time. She even took a bunch of photos of me and my mom and sent them to me that day and they are some of my favorite pictures. I cannot thank her enough for making me feel and look like everything I’ve dreamed about since I was little. I still find myself just staring at photos of my hair from the wedding in awe of the work she did. Definitely look at her Instagram page because the videos she has really shows the beauty of her work.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Maureen · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect hair!

I did a lot of research before booking a hair stylist for my wedding, as I have very thick hair that does not hold curls easily. I had a trial run beforehand, I showed her some Instagram pictures of styles I was interested in and she did not disappoint! Christy styled my hair as well as 6 girls in my bridal party. She was very prompt and timely, as we were on a tight schedule. Our hair looked absolutely perfect!! It unfortunately rained on my wedding day and the curls even held after getting rained on! I would highly recommend booking with Christy, as her work speaks for itself!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kelsey · Married on 09/14/2019

So glad I chose Simply Captivating!

Christy was so sweet and did such a great job with my hair for my wedding day! She matched the picture I showed her exactly. And the same was true for all of my bridesmaids! Her and her team are so talented- I will definitely recommend Simply Captivating to all my friends!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Liz D. · Married on 09/07/2019

Christy is excellent!

Christy isn't just a stylist but an artist. It's easy to see from following her work on instagram that she is a master of her craft. It's also clear that she really cares about her clients --- I appreciated that after our trial, she reached out to see how my style held up. She is very professional and has a very sweet demeanor. Everyone who received styles on my wedding day loved her and her work!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Karly

Karly S. · Married on 08/21/2019

Amazing, incredible, loved it!!

Christy is absolutely AMAZING! She is so talented she can take a Pinterest inspo and make it 100x better!! She is so considerate and able to make last minute adjustments without a hitch! I plan to use her over and over again for all my occasional hair needs!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Patt P. · Married on 08/03/2019

Simply Captivating Hair is the BEST!

What incredible work Christy did for us! My daughters wedding was Aug 3 in downtown Pittsburgh. We had five women needing hair done, at the Westin hotel where we were staying, with 4 of us getting updo's. Each one was different and beautiful. She took the time to get a good description, share photos and get feedback. Each person was individually done and exquisite. For me (MOB) she even put in my (clip-in) hair extensions and then styled a gorgeous updo- it was much more than I ever imagined! Everyones hair stayed in throughout a long warm day of photos, ceremony, dancing etc. Even better -Christy was such a calm, professional presence. We all felt relaxed yet confident in her talented hands. Simply Captivating Hair was a great choice!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Alana D. · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

Christy was our favorite vendor! She made everyone feel so beautiful! She does fantastic work - I would 100% suggest Christy to any bride because she is so talented!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Julia

Julia D. · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Christy and her assistant, Briana were absolutely wonderful to work with! Christy was so warm and welcoming during my hair trial prior to my wedding day, which made me feel very confident that she would do an amazing job on my hair for the actual day. I even changed my style a bit from the trial on the wedding day, and Christy was so accommodating. She has a very calming and warm presence - you will love her!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Katy

Katy R. · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Hairstylist in Pittsburgh!

It was such a pleasure to work with Christy! She was very responsive and professional from the beginning and throughout the entire planning process and wedding day. I emailed her pictures of my dress and style ideas and she gave a lot of great advice as to which style/hair accessories would look best. She was always on-time on the day of trial and wedding day and finished everyone on schedule. Everyone's hair looked absolutely beautiful! My hair lasted all day and night and still looked great even after the wedding was over! It even held up through our first dance which involved a lot of spins, lifts, etc. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on my hair. In addition to being a great hair stylist, I absolutely love her friendly personality. Things get crazy and stressful on the wedding day and just having her around was so calming. I really cannot say enough great things about Christy and recommend her highly!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Chelsea · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing hairstylist & easy to work with!

Christy is the absolute best and not to mention the sweetest person ever! She made it so easy to schedule my trial - we live 5 hours away and she was able to fit me in when I was home for a weekend. I sent her a few pictures of what I liked and she was able to do exactly that to my hair. I emailed her about making some small adjustments to my hair after the trial and it was absolutely perfect! My hair stayed in place - all the curls and bobby pins the ENTIRE night! She truly does everything she can to make your hair exactly how you want it. Christy & her assistant Briana were so efficient - got all 11 of us done super easily and everyone's hair looked amazing! I really can't say enough good things- she's amazing!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Anagha K. · Married on 03/27/2019

Five stars!

Christy is an exceptional hairstylist and very skilled at her work. She did the wedding hair for myself, my bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone loved that she really took the time to listen to the specific styles that they wanted get done and she was so quick at her work. All my girls had different styles in mind right from classic updo's to, braided styles to retro looks and Christy executed them all perfection without any trials! She came to the hotel very early (6.30AM!), well-equipped with everything she needed (including her work lights, which was a great call because the hotel lighting was not the best). She was very efficient with the timing- which is really crucial the day of. I was an out-of-town bride and Christy was amazing with accommodating me for a trial on a short notice. During my trial, I had a half updo style in mind, with curls. It came out beautifully, however, I was having second thoughts about the curls because I realized that I am more comfortable with my forever straight hair. Christy really understood the change I wanted and was totally on board with it. The end result was that I had perfect hair on my wedding day, got loads of compliments on the style and the hair stayed as it is all throughout the after-party. I would recommend Christy to any bride. Thank you, Christy! You made our day memorable :)

Sent on 04/08/2019

Melissa · Married on 02/09/2019

Professional, Stunning Results!

Christy was absolutely amazing to work with! She was so professional, organized and flexible, and totally responsible. She was very accommodating during my hair trial, and patiently helped me try different looks to make sure I found the perfect one. On the day of, she was so kind and cheerful and she made all of us look so stunning! She handled so many different kinds of hair for us - short, long, curly, thin, thick - to breathtaking results. Everyone was so happy and my bridesmaids got so many compliments!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing special occasion hairstyles!

Christy was absolutely amazing to work with for my wedding day! Along with a colleague, she did wedding day hairstyles for myself, 6 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers. Both myself and my bridesmaids really enjoyed being able to get hair inspiration from Christy’s instagram leading up to the day. Everyone, especially me, was extremely happy and comfortable with our wedding day hair. I could not have loved my updo more (in fact, it was a repeat from a style that Christy did for me previously because I loved it so much) and it lasted well through the night without any emergency pins needed! She is such a sweetheart and was very accommodating of some last minute changes to my plans due to a family emergency.

Sent on 03/18/2019

Kimberly A. · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazingly Talented!!

Christy is not only amazingly talented, but she is one of the sweetest people to work with on your wedding day! I started following Simply Captivating Salon on Instagram and instantly fell in love with Christy's work. I wasn't sure if I was going to do my hair up or down, but Christy had such a great variety of so many gorgeous styles, that I was confident booking her. I am extremely picky and sometimes don't like other people doing my hair, but Christy completely understood what I wanted and my hair looked beyond amazing!! She also made my picky bridesmaids happy - one of my bridesmaids (with super straight hair) had volume in her hair and her curls stayed in all day - something I had never seen in the 10 + years knowing her! She also did my mom's hair and I could tell she felt so wonderful that day - it meant so much to me. Christy does a trial with her brides - complete with photos so you can go home and see what the style looks like in pictures. I truly can't thank her or recommend her enough. Thanks Christy!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Micah · Married on 12/07/2018

No need to look any further!

Christy was wonderful - she made everyone feel so special on the day of our wedding and she is so kind! I am always the girl that HATES my hair - I used to cry in high school when I would have an updo because it was nothing like what I had envisioned and it looked terrible. But with Christy, every hair was in place and perfect. She made my beautiful bridesmaids even more beautiful - even the difficult ones! She got to my house super early - despite the snowy weather conditions - and set up while we drank coffee in the wee hours of the morning. Also, best experience with hair extensions I've ever had. I will go back to her - without question - for all future events. She's the BEST!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

My bridal hair dreams came true!

Christy was beyond wonderful throughout the entire experience. From the moment I met Christy at her beautiful salon for my bridal hair trial, I knew I made the right choice. She was so incredibly sweet, warm, and she made me feel so comfortable, as if I knew her for years. She suggested I email photos of hairstyles that I had in mind and referenced them throughout the trial. Christy was so patient with me. She kept trying different styles to see what I liked and did not like. She took her time and worked with me for over 2 hours and I never felt rushed out of her salon. We learned what I did not like during the trial which was beyond helpful. During my wedding day, Christy had all the new hair styles printed out and displayed that I had sent her after the trial. I loved how Christy would take breaks throughout the styling process, making sure I was loving it!! I felt she truly listened to my thoughts and what I wanted! She never felt offended or seemed irritated, just focused on making me feel as beautiful as possible on my big day. I could not have been happier with my hair and neither could my bridesmaids. We all had low chignons, all different, but all so stunning. Christy seriously made all of my bridal hair dreams come true and I am so thankful I was able to work with her on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

Christy did an amazing job with my hair. We had a trial a few months before the wedding and I showed her pictures of what I wanted and she captured it exactly! On the day of the wedding she was perfectly on schedule and even ahead of time! We did not feel rushed at all and she made us all feel at ease. She was very professional and the girls hair looked amazing. One of my bridesmaids even said “I’ve never ever liked my hair for a wedding until today!”. I would def recommend Christy, she is the sweetest and does beautiful work!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2018

Christy was absolutely amazing! Words can’t express how wonderful she is not only at doing hair, but also for being a genuinely good person. Her personality shines through her masterpiece hair styles. She went above and beyond for me. I couldn’t have asked for a better stylist for my big day!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/25/2018

Christy is so incredibly talented, sweet, and professional! She truly has a vision that can't be taught! She was the stylist for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother and was so easy to work with! She listened to each girls ideas and created flattering styles they all loved. I was definitely a modern bride and I really feel as though she understood and embraced my wedding style. The hair trial was so helpful and truly had me so excited for my wedding day, and when the day came, my hair looked even better than it did on the trial day! My hair stayed in place and still looked incredible until the very end of the night, even after the hot summer day we had and all of the dancing! Christy was amazing and I would recommend her 1 million times over!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Kristina P. · Married on 08/18/2018

If you're lucky...

If you're lucky enough to cross paths with Christy's profile, Instagram, Facebook, whatever- book. her. I promise you will not regret it. Don't hesitate either!
    Not only is she the sweetest human you will ever meet, but she is AMAZING at her job. She does everything she can to help you lighten your load as you're planning your wedding. She will remind you about payments due, booking a trail appointment, help you come up with a schedule for getting ready and the balance for your bridesmaids. This meant so much to me because she took all the pressure off of myself. Besides the fact that she has great administrative skills, she also has incredible skills when it comes to hair. I pulled three pictures off of Pinterest that I liked, and she was able to create a new hair-do based off of all three images. She also was accommodating when I decided to do a different hairstyle the week before my wedding after I had my final dress fitting. With both hairstyles, she blew me away. She has incredible attention to detail, but she also is timely which was very important since I had a small window to get ready. Out of all my vendors, she was the absolute best at her job both professionally and in skill.

Sent on 01/30/2019