Simply Captivating Styling, LLC Reviews

Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 6
Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 7
  • Katy

Katy Rosen · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Hairstylist in Pittsburgh!

It was such a pleasure to work with Christy! She was very responsive and professional from the beginning and throughout the entire planning process and wedding day. I emailed her pictures of my dress and style ideas and she gave a lot of great advice as to which style/hair accessories would look best. She was always on-time on the day of trial and wedding day and finished everyone on schedule. Everyone's hair looked absolutely beautiful! My hair lasted all day and night and still looked great even after the wedding was over! It even held up through our first dance which involved a lot of spins, lifts, etc. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on my hair. In addition to being a great hair stylist, I absolutely love her friendly personality. Things get crazy and stressful on the wedding day and just having her around was so calming. I really cannot say enough great things about Christy and recommend her highly!

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 8
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 9
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 10
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 11

Chelsea · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing hairstylist & easy to work with!

Christy is the absolute best and not to mention the sweetest person ever! She made it so easy to schedule my trial - we live 5 hours away and she was able to fit me in when I was home for a weekend. I sent her a few pictures of what I liked and she was able to do exactly that to my hair. I emailed her about making some small adjustments to my hair after the trial and it was absolutely perfect! My hair stayed in place - all the curls and bobby pins the ENTIRE night! She truly does everything she can to make your hair exactly how you want it. Christy & her assistant Briana were so efficient - got all 11 of us done super easily and everyone's hair looked amazing! I really can't say enough good things- she's amazing!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Anagha Kadam · Married on 03/27/2019

Five stars!

Christy is an exceptional hairstylist and very skilled at her work. She did the wedding hair for myself, my bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone loved that she really took the time to listen to the specific styles that they wanted get done and she was so quick at her work. All my girls had different styles in mind right from classic updo's to, braided styles to retro looks and Christy executed them all perfection without any trials! She came to the hotel very early (6.30AM!), well-equipped with everything she needed (including her work lights, which was a great call because the hotel lighting was not the best). She was very efficient with the timing- which is really crucial the day of. I was an out-of-town bride and Christy was amazing with accommodating me for a trial on a short notice. During my trial, I had a half updo style in mind, with curls. It came out beautifully, however, I was having second thoughts about the curls because I realized that I am more comfortable with my forever straight hair. Christy really understood the change I wanted and was totally on board with it. The end result was that I had perfect hair on my wedding day, got loads of compliments on the style and the hair stayed as it is all throughout the after-party. I would recommend Christy to any bride. Thank you, Christy! You made our day memorable :)

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 12

Melissa · Married on 02/09/2019

Professional, Stunning Results!

Christy was absolutely amazing to work with! She was so professional, organized and flexible, and totally responsible. She was very accommodating during my hair trial, and patiently helped me try different looks to make sure I found the perfect one. On the day of, she was so kind and cheerful and she made all of us look so stunning! She handled so many different kinds of hair for us - short, long, curly, thin, thick - to breathtaking results. Everyone was so happy and my bridesmaids got so many compliments!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing special occasion hairstyles!

Christy was absolutely amazing to work with for my wedding day! Along with a colleague, she did wedding day hairstyles for myself, 6 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers. Both myself and my bridesmaids really enjoyed being able to get hair inspiration from Christy’s instagram leading up to the day. Everyone, especially me, was extremely happy and comfortable with our wedding day hair. I could not have loved my updo more (in fact, it was a repeat from a style that Christy did for me previously because I loved it so much) and it lasted well through the night without any emergency pins needed! She is such a sweetheart and was very accommodating of some last minute changes to my plans due to a family emergency.

Sent on 03/18/2019

Kimberly Allera · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazingly Talented!!

Christy is not only amazingly talented, but she is one of the sweetest people to work with on your wedding day! I started following Simply Captivating Salon on Instagram and instantly fell in love with Christy's work. I wasn't sure if I was going to do my hair up or down, but Christy had such a great variety of so many gorgeous styles, that I was confident booking her. I am extremely picky and sometimes don't like other people doing my hair, but Christy completely understood what I wanted and my hair looked beyond amazing!! She also made my picky bridesmaids happy - one of my bridesmaids (with super straight hair) had volume in her hair and her curls stayed in all day - something I had never seen in the 10 + years knowing her! She also did my mom's hair and I could tell she felt so wonderful that day - it meant so much to me. Christy does a trial with her brides - complete with photos so you can go home and see what the style looks like in pictures. I truly can't thank her or recommend her enough. Thanks Christy!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Micah · Married on 12/07/2018

No need to look any further!

Christy was wonderful - she made everyone feel so special on the day of our wedding and she is so kind! I am always the girl that HATES my hair - I used to cry in high school when I would have an updo because it was nothing like what I had envisioned and it looked terrible. But with Christy, every hair was in place and perfect. She made my beautiful bridesmaids even more beautiful - even the difficult ones! She got to my house super early - despite the snowy weather conditions - and set up while we drank coffee in the wee hours of the morning. Also, best experience with hair extensions I've ever had. I will go back to her - without question - for all future events. She's the BEST!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

My bridal hair dreams came true!

Christy was beyond wonderful throughout the entire experience. From the moment I met Christy at her beautiful salon for my bridal hair trial, I knew I made the right choice. She was so incredibly sweet, warm, and she made me feel so comfortable, as if I knew her for years. She suggested I email photos of hairstyles that I had in mind and referenced them throughout the trial. Christy was so patient with me. She kept trying different styles to see what I liked and did not like. She took her time and worked with me for over 2 hours and I never felt rushed out of her salon. We learned what I did not like during the trial which was beyond helpful. During my wedding day, Christy had all the new hair styles printed out and displayed that I had sent her after the trial. I loved how Christy would take breaks throughout the styling process, making sure I was loving it!! I felt she truly listened to my thoughts and what I wanted! She never felt offended or seemed irritated, just focused on making me feel as beautiful as possible on my big day. I could not have been happier with my hair and neither could my bridesmaids. We all had low chignons, all different, but all so stunning. Christy seriously made all of my bridal hair dreams come true and I am so thankful I was able to work with her on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 13
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 14
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 15

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

Christy did an amazing job with my hair. We had a trial a few months before the wedding and I showed her pictures of what I wanted and she captured it exactly! On the day of the wedding she was perfectly on schedule and even ahead of time! We did not feel rushed at all and she made us all feel at ease. She was very professional and the girls hair looked amazing. One of my bridesmaids even said “I’ve never ever liked my hair for a wedding until today!”. I would def recommend Christy, she is the sweetest and does beautiful work!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/01/2018

Christy was absolutely amazing! Words can’t express how wonderful she is not only at doing hair, but also for being a genuinely good person. Her personality shines through her masterpiece hair styles. She went above and beyond for me. I couldn’t have asked for a better stylist for my big day!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/25/2018

Christy is so incredibly talented, sweet, and professional! She truly has a vision that can't be taught! She was the stylist for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother and was so easy to work with! She listened to each girls ideas and created flattering styles they all loved. I was definitely a modern bride and I really feel as though she understood and embraced my wedding style. The hair trial was so helpful and truly had me so excited for my wedding day, and when the day came, my hair looked even better than it did on the trial day! My hair stayed in place and still looked incredible until the very end of the night, even after the hot summer day we had and all of the dancing! Christy was amazing and I would recommend her 1 million times over!

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 16

Kristina Porada · Married on 08/18/2018

If you're lucky...

If you're lucky enough to cross paths with Christy's profile, Instagram, Facebook, whatever- book. her. I promise you will not regret it. Don't hesitate either!
    Not only is she the sweetest human you will ever meet, but she is AMAZING at her job. She does everything she can to help you lighten your load as you're planning your wedding. She will remind you about payments due, booking a trail appointment, help you come up with a schedule for getting ready and the balance for your bridesmaids. This meant so much to me because she took all the pressure off of myself. Besides the fact that she has great administrative skills, she also has incredible skills when it comes to hair. I pulled three pictures off of Pinterest that I liked, and she was able to create a new hair-do based off of all three images. She also was accommodating when I decided to do a different hairstyle the week before my wedding after I had my final dress fitting. With both hairstyles, she blew me away. She has incredible attention to detail, but she also is timely which was very important since I had a small window to get ready. Out of all my vendors, she was the absolute best at her job both professionally and in skill.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Sarah · Married on 07/21/2018

Christy is the best! I have hair that defies typical methods of curling but Christy did not have an issue at all with my hair! She used a straightening iron to do it and I could not believe the results! The day of my Hair Trial, it stayed in for over 10 hours. The day of the wedding, Christy was a rock star! She had to get through 9 people total and she did it in a way that seemed effortless. Everyone's hair stayed in throughout the night and we got tons of compliments!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 17
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 18

Megan · Married on 07/07/2018

Christy was wonderful throughout the entire process! From that first email response providing pricing and availability information, to the final touches to make everyone's hair perfect on the wedding day, to the sweet message congratulating my husband and I on our marriage, she was kind, professional, and provided outstanding service. The fellow hair stylist that helped her on our wedding day was equally as sweet and talented. All of my bridal party loved their hair, and I received so many compliments on the wedding day itself and after! 10/10 would recommend. I am so glad we found Christy!

Sent on 10/14/2018

KIRSTIE · Married on 06/24/2018

Oh my goodness, where to begin with Christy! From the very moment we started talking, she was the absolute sweetest. I was in the middle of a big move and terrible with communication. Despite this, she made me feel like I was still a top priority. My hair trial was one of the most fun parts of the entire wedding planning process. Her studio in her house is absolutely adorable, and she really took the time to understand what I was looking for. I thought my hair was perfect at the trial, and somehow, she made it even more perfect for the wedding. She made me truly feel like the most beautiful bride. I would without hesitation recommend Christy!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 19

Catherine · Married on 06/23/2018

Christy is so extremely talented! I cannot recommend her enough to anyone looking to have beautiful hair styling. She was my hair stylist for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother for my wedding day. Every single one of my girls looked SOO amazing! Christy is really good at matching a real hair-do to an inspiration photo, which was so helpful. We all received so many compliments on our hair - all thanks to her! Not to mention, she is literally the sweetest and very professional. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 20

Alysa · Married on 06/17/2018

Christy was absolutely amazing! She had the photos I sent her ready to go during the trial and everyone loved their hair! They were so impressed! Christy is one of the kindest people I’ve ever met and loved having her be part of this special day. My bridesmaids also LOVED their hair and my sister booked her for her upcoming wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

You cannot ask for a better hair stylist than Christy. She is incredibly talented, kind, creative and awesome at communicating. She did an absolutely REMARKABLE job for my bridal party and I am endlessly thankful to her for it. I have worked in the wedding industry for some time and I have to say Christy is by far, one of the best.
    She took my thin boring hair and made it hold a hair piece and curls. My family and friends were blown away by the transformation and the compliments were nonstop.
    Book her, you will not be disappointed - and you'll have crazy awesome hair to boot. :)

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 21
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 22

melanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Christy is absolutely amazing!!! She took her time with not only me, but the rest of the bridal party as well. She was so easy to work with and did an absolutely fantastic jobs. My sisters can all be very picky; but each of them LOVED their hair (and they are not ones to sugarcoat not liking something). I highly, HIGHLY recommend her if you are looking for a hair stylist for your wedding day! It also didn't hurt that she was super sweet and extremely accommodating : )

Sent on 06/06/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 23

STephanie · Married on 05/26/2018

I can't say enough glowing feedback on Christy and Simply Captivating. I did a LOT aid research before booking my hair team, and I chose Christy because I felt her curls looked the best. I was pleasantly surprised when she kept giving me more and more reasons why she is the best!

From my initial trial, she was very professional and very interested in making me happy. She requested photos of hairstyles I liked ahead of time, and she had them printed out before I arrived from the trial. When I arrived, she was fully set up and prepared to begin. She showed me her progress and asked for feedback multiple times throughout the trial and took photos at the share with me. After the trial, the style wore well and the curls lasted for hours! About a week later, I emailed her with changes, and she took note of these and brought diagrams of my modifications to my wedding OVER TWO YEARS LATER! I was so impressed of this organization and attention to detail.

On my wedding day, she arrived early with her team and was set up and ready to start ahead of time. All of my bridesmaids, my mom, and my grandma had different style requests (some with photos and some without) and she managed to make everyone happy. We all looked our very best!

Most importantly, Christy has the most lovely personality. She is so sweet and attentive - almost maternal toward her brides. Consistent with her personality, she is also very gentle - I have never had someone brush my curly and tangly hair with me flinching once! I seriously can't rave about her enough. I recommend her to any and every bride!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 05/25/2018

Christy is Absolutely amazing!

Christy from simply captivating hair is everything a bride and those getting ready with her on the big day dream of. She is extremely talented, professional, warm, really fit right in and added to the fun experience getting ready on my wedding. I’ve followed Christy for years and knew I wanted to book her once I got engaged. She goes beyond just hair, she thinks of your whole bridal look, cares about the way you’ll photograph from all angles, and is such a genuine person. I couldn’t say enough good thing about them, so many guests complimented the way me and my girls hair was done on the wedding day, and every bridesmaid said how much they loved Christy and her assistant Brianna

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 24

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

Honestly, I was so incredibly lucky to have the dream team on my wedding day! Christy and her assistant had to have 12 of us ready by 12:30. Each and every hairstyle was beautiful and unique. Not to mention, Christy was so professional and talented! I loved that she came to us the morning of, which made it very stress-free and relaxing. I also appreciated the constant communication and the time Christy took during my hair trial to ensure my hair would be perfect the day of the wedding. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 25
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 26

Shayna · Married on 04/21/2018

Christy at Simply Captivating Styling was phenomenal. Her kind and calming disposition really keep you grounded throughout the wedding process. She was very accommodating through both my hair trials and was extremely flexible when I wanted to change the look of my hair. My family and bridesmaids loved her work and we all felt flawless on my wedding day. My family even booked her services for my sisters prom! Christy is who you want styling you on your wedding day, she is above and beyond talented!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 32
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 33
    Simply Captivating Styling, LLC 34

penny · Married on 03/30/2018

Christy was wonderful. She was able to accommodate a few ladies at the last minute without missing a beat. She was professional yet warm. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 04/10/2018
  • Brittaney

Brittaney · Married on 03/24/2018

Absolutely Amazing.

Christy is hands down the best hair stylist I’ve ever been to. Not only is she incredibly talented, she is a wonderful person, and so personable. She makes everyone she styles feel completely comfortable.
    I first discovered Christy’s work via the “Burgh Brides” Instagram account. I had been following her and admiring her work since I started my wedding planning. When it was time to book my hair stylist, my makeup artist recommended her, and that sealed the deal. Christy was very prompt in replying, upfront with pricing, and incredibly helpful. I knew I wanted to use extensions, and she recommended a couple brands she was familiar with to guide me.
    She was fantastic and so professional during my trial. I had sent her photos previously and she had them all printed out and ready to discuss. I had a lot going on – extensions, head piece and veil – she utilized all of these accessories and the end result was stunning.
    Christy could not have been more perfect on my wedding day. Her and her assistant, Michelle were simply amazing. Each girl showed them what they wanted and they executed each hair style flawlessly. They looked and felt beautiful, which was so important – I wanted them all to be happy and they were!
    My hair was absolutely amazing. It stayed in place all day, including the headpiece (which was not small). I received so many compliments, and it was just beautiful.
    My wedding would not have been the same had I not booked with Christy. The hairstyle was beautiful in its own right, but it impeccably complimented my entire look - my hair, makeup and dress all were a cohesive look that was glamourous and romantic. It was everything I could have hoped for and more!

Sent on 05/22/2019