Simple to Elegant Weddings Reviews

394 Reviews for Simple to Elegant Weddings

• Jaycee

Jaycee Kyla Trammell · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Mark is the BEST

We chose Mark Willis to be our officiant on our wedding day. Not only is Mark a caring, nice man with great ideas he is also very flexible. He met and talked with us whenever we needed him. When we felt stressed out about the ceremony, he really calmed our nerves and had an idea for everything. Mark is seriously the BEST! My best friend who happens to have down syndrome was part of our wedding and Mark worked very well with him. He really knows what he is doing and genuinely cares so much about his couples. You don't need anyone else but him! 10/10

Sent on 10/09/2019

Laura · Married on 03/06/2020

Excellent!

We hired Pastor Mark Willis to officiate our wedding and he was extremely easy to work with! He worked with us to make our ceremony exactly how we wanted it. We received several compliments on our ceremony and we would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Nikki

Nikki Bailey · Married on 02/02/2020

Mark Willis is SUPERB!

We met with Mark a few times and 'told our story' over breakfast. We at first wanted our ceremony to be fun and quirky, but after thinking about it, went with a more traditional ceremony. Mark was so flexible and accommodating throughout the entire process. He was so professional and kind to everyone involved and helped make our day spectacular. We can't thank him enough. He even wore red to show his Chiefs spirit for our Superbowl wedding. Thank you again Mark. You're the best.

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Kailey

Kailey Alexander · Married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful!

Mark was our officiant and he was wonderful! He was so accommodating and helpful throughout our whole planning process. He took note of everything my husband and I are all about, got to know us for us, and it felt like a friend was marrying us, we can't recommend him enough! He replied to my emails quickly and was very thorough.

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 11/14/2019

If you are looking for an officiant look no further!

My husband and I got married September 29th 2019 and we had the pleasure to have Mark Willis as our officiant. He was extremely helpful with the whole process and fast to respond back to any email. He helped us to have the most perfect ceremony and during the rehersal he made everyone feel relaxed and made it fun! He is great at public speaking and is very professional we definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Nina · Married on 10/05/2019

Fantastic job

If you are looking for an officiant, BOOK Rev Mark Willis. From the initial process to the end, he was fantastic. He was easy to get a hold of via email and responded quickly. He showed up early to rehearsal and ceremony. I honestly had no complaints. He gave us samples for the ceremony and made adjustments to fit our needs. He did a fantastic job during the ceremony. Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Emily

Emily Overmyer · Married on 08/24/2019

Personalized, Professional, and Personable!

Working with Rev. Mark Willis from Simple to Elegant Weddings was an absolute joy! We do not belong to a church in the area, and we were worried about finding a reverend who would mesh well with our personalities and wedding style. We met with Mark over coffee and knew right away he was the one! He has such a warm, genuine personality, and he worked closely with us to develop a personalized wedding service. Mark is professional and experienced, and he made us feel comfortable and relaxed from the rehearsal to the ceremony. Even during the ceremony when we became emotional, Mark calmly helped keep us on track. We feel so blessed we found Mark, and we are so happy he was such an integral part of our big day! (Photos by Angie Scott Photography)

Sent on 09/03/2019

Ashton Whitton · Married on 07/26/2019

Awesome Job!

Mark with Simple2Elegant Weddings did a great job with our wedding! He responded right away and set up a meeting. He responded to emails quickly and made our ceremony perfect! He was great to work with. I would recommend him!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Kelsea

Kelsea Terin Geschwentner · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful experience

He was easy going and made the day run smoothly! Would definitely recommend

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful service and value

We worked with Rev. Mark Willis for our June 8th wedding. He made customizing our ceremony so easy and he respected our wishes. He made us feel comfortable during the rehearsal and wedding. Even though we had only met him a few times; he felt like a trusted friend/advisor. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/01/2019

David Rule · Married on 05/16/2019

Wedding Officiant

Rev. Mark Willis was absolutely great. He took time to ask questions and get to know us to make the day truly special.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Patrice

Patrice Briar · Married on 05/10/2019

Doug Willis

From the moment we met Doug Willis we knew we had selected the right minister for us. He had a number of ceremonies to select from. Plus he encouraged us to customize a ceremony as much as we wanted. As it turned out we made only a couple of changes to the beautiful ceremony Doug had written. We had so many guests tell us how much they liked our ceremony and minister.

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Aubry

Aubry · Married on 03/30/2019

Just What We Wanted

My husband and I are not very active with organized religion and were having trouble finding an officiant since we didn't have a church. Mark Willis at Simple2Elegant Weddings really made us feel as if he had known us from the start and was more than happy to shape our ceremony to our wants and needs. Can't give more of a recommendation for couples that are looking for a ceremony that fits you.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Heather · Married on 10/14/2018

Easy Custom-made Ceremony

We chose Mark Willis to officiate our wedding because he was genuine and down-to-earth and made us feel comfortable right away. Mark allowed us to completely customize our wedding ceremony and provided some great suggestions we hadn't even heard of!

Mark was quick to respond via email and made sure to do one last check in before the day of our wedding to ensure everything was ready to go.

The day of our wedding, Mark was on top of it. He was quick, professional, supportive and encouraging. He did a wonderful job leading our ceremony. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 06/09/2018

Gabe Combs officiated our wedding and we truly couldn't have found someone who better fit our style! From the moment we met him, Gabe was personable, funny, kind and professional. He asked many questions to get to know us and gave us so many options to customize the ceremony! Our bridal party and family loved him, he made the rehearsal a breeze! The ceremony was to the point but perfectly paced. I'm so grateful for Gabe making it the ceremony of our dreams!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/11/2018

My husband and I decided on hiring Rev. Mark Willis to officiate our wedding. We were so pleased with our decision. We set up several meetings before our big day as well as exchanged numerous emails with him and he always responded right away. The first time we met with him, we knew he would be a perfect fit for us! Any questions we had he always had an answer for us. I didn't hire a wedding coordinator, so Mark ran the show for the rehearsal and day of wedding ceremony. He knew exactly what we wanted and executed with such ease. We received several compliments from guests at our wedding on how much they enjoyed Mark and the words he spoke. He truly made our day so very special! I absolutely recommend hiring Rev. Mark Willis!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Jason · Married on 05/11/2018

Mark did a fantastic job of working with my wife and I to create a personal wedding ceremony that both of us and our friends and family really enjoyed. He was quick to respond to all e-mails and answer any questions that we had. He met with us in person on multiple occasions, sent us an outline to use for our wedding program and was gracious enough to stick around for our dinner service to give a blessing. He was a treat to work with through the entire planning process as well as the rehearsal and actually wedding day. I would absolutely recommend Mark to anyone looking for a minister!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Malyssa · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband found Mark and I’m very grateful that he did. Mark was very helpful in the ceremony planning process and was open to our specific needs to not cater to one specific denomination. We wrote our own vows, but Mark was able to provide a lot of content that we could choose from to craft our own unique ceremony. During the ceremony rehearsal, Mark was focused and made sure to provide directions to the wedding party to help provide a seamless ceremony on the day-of. During our wedding ceremony, Mark was able to keep me calm as I completely blanked on one of my vows. He quickly repeated it for me as if we rehearsed this little hiccup. I would recommend Mark time and time again. Thank you Mark for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 05/09/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Faust · Married on 01/14/2018

Couldn't have been happier!

Gabe Combs was absolutely awesome! He's so easy going and flexible. This review was a long time coming as he actually married us back in January of 2018 - I've just been so busy but I've kept this in the back of my mind to do because he definitely deserves 5 stars.

My husband and I are easy going so it was priority for us to find an officiant that would just listen to us and offer advice based on what he gathered from our meeting - but not be pushy. As someone who wanted less stress and more cake on my wedding day, I appreciated that approach so much. Gabe is very professional and really understood that we wanted our ceremony to be sweet and quick - but mostly quick as it was cold and snowy.

If you want someone who truly takes the time to mold their officiating to you (and is also willing to stand in the snow for the ceremony and come out on cold icy days for your rehearsal with a smile) - then I full-heartedly recommend Gabe Combs !

Sent on 02/07/2019

Simple to Elegant Weddings's reply:

It was COLD!
    Thank you for your kind words.
    I wish you a long and happy marriage, in the cold and in the Midwest heat

Taylor · Married on 12/09/2017

We had Rev. Gabe Combs as a part of our special day. My husband and I planned a wedding in less than three months. Rev. Gabe Combs met with us right away. On our first meeting, my husband and I knew he would be perfect! He knew exactly what he was talking about and helped ease my wedding day worries about how things would run, especially with our short amount of time. He suggested a wine box ceremony that was perfect for us. He answered all my emails right away to help with any questions I had. Our ceremony ran so smoothly. I got so many compliments about the ceremony. He kept it traditional and even added some humor. I was crying and laughing during the whole ceremony. I couldn’t have asked for a better officiant for our special day!

Robin · Married on 11/11/2017

Rev. Gabe Combs presided over a beautiful wedding ceremony that we will treasure forever. It was exactly what we were hoping for, intimate and and meaningful. We received many compliments from our guests about Gabe. He was a pleasure to work with throughout the process and we would highly recommend him to others who are looking for a personalized experience.

Julia · Married on 10/28/2017

We had Rev Tim Brooks officiate our wedding and what an amazing choice! Tim and his wife, Jan, met with us as often as we needed and hashed out all the details of the ceremony, including names of all family members and wedding party, wedding colors, music timing, etc. We opted for a civil, secular ceremony and Tim was happy to oblige. We weren't exactly sure what we wanted to include, but Tim provided us with numerous examples of civil ceremonies, and we were able to mix and match to formulate a ceremony perfect for us. Tim is an excellent speaker, he projects well into a large room, and his speaking style is impeccable. Many of our guests later commented on how impressed they were with the officiant. Tim's wife, Jan was such a great help during the planning process and the day of the event. She is super detail-oriented and she did all the behind-the-scenes work to ensure the wedding party looked fantastic before walking down the aisle. She straightened ties, ensured necklaces were in the right place, fixed hair, and sent everyone down the aisle at the right time. Tim and Jan truly go above and beyond to make your day special and perfect, and they make quite the team! The ceremony went off without a hitch thanks in large part to Tim and Jan. If you're looking for an easy-to-work-with, experienced, and genuinely kind officiant, look no further than Rev Tim! My husband and I had an incredible experience working with these two. I would recommend Tim to anyone and everyone needing an officiant!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Todd · Married on 10/28/2017

Mark did a wonderful job, and was able to craft the ceremony we wanted. Even when he was on vacation, he still responded to let us know. He was responsive and took the time to get to know Carrie and I.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Dorathea · Married on 10/21/2017

We used Reverend Gabe Combs to officiate our wedding. He was a real blessing to us!! He gave us a lot of verses to choose from & our ceremony was wonderful due to him. Best wedding ceremony we both had ever heard!! We also had several guest that commented on how wonderful Reverend Combs was and enjoyed his message. Thank you so much Rev Gabe Combs! We really appreciated him!

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

Rev. Gabe Combs did a fantastic job working with us to personalize our special day! We met him for coffee and there was an instant connection. Rev. Gabe listened to what we wanted and also offered some fantastic ideas that all resulted in a PERFECT ceremony!!! Rev. Gabe's professionalism, experience, flexibility and outgoing personality were exactly what we needed for a stress-free day. I highly recommend "Simple to Elegant Weddings" and Rev. Gabe Combs! :)

Sent on 06/11/2018