Silver Lake Country Club Reviews

136 | Orland Park, IL

136 Reviews for Silver Lake Country Club

Madeline · Married on 03/17/2012

Amazing! The staff is so helpful with planning and ideas. The food is awesome our guests are still talking about how good it was. The outside grounds are beautiful. We are very happy with how the whole day went.

Sent on 03/25/2012
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 11/05/2011

Although this is not the venue we chose I must say that if it was closer to the area we were looking for that we would have chosen them. They were informative, prompt with responces, flexible, affordable, and very friendly. we went to see this place and conducted business but didnt chose them in the long run. The distance was too far from what we wanted.

Sent on 11/07/2011

Michelle · event on: 10/08/2011

Had my bridal shower here. They were so helpful! The banquet room was beautiful and the food/service was amazing. Everyone raved about the place!

Sent on 11/19/2011

Margaret · Married on 07/30/2011

We had our wedding here on July 30, 2011, and it was absolutely amazing. The staff was wonderful. There are not enough words to describe how great Silver Lake is.

Sent on 08/05/2011

Jen · Married on 07/23/2011

We had our wedding and reception at Silver Lake this past July. Start to finish, we had a perfect day. It couldn't have been better. The staff was amazing. This place fit right into our budget; it was so affordable. Thanks to Amy and Janene for helping us with planning!! The grounds were beautiful. They let us use a couple of golf carts and we were able to get some great pictures. The ceremony was beautiful and the food was so delicious. The best part about our wedding was the number of compliments that we received from our guests. We would highly recommend Silver Lake to anyone planning a wedding or event.

Sent on 12/04/2011

Audra · Married on 06/25/2011

Silver Lake Country Club is an EXCELLENT place to have a wedding reception and even ceremony. We didn't have our ceremony there, but we did have our reception in the west garden room. The floor to ceiling windows of the patio and gardens make the room! The service is excellent, the staff is more than accommodating and the food is incredible! We had the filet and shrimp...the filet is tender and we have never seen shrimp so big! We are still hearing good things from our guests about the food at the reception. Oh, and the bar package is great! I highly recommend Silver Lake! I can't say enough good things about Silver Lake Country Club!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The very most important thing for my wedding was the venue so I spent almost five months just focusing on the venue. I did not want a hotel conference room, but that usually means that I will have to spend some money and when you have a guest list topping out at 300, that creates a problem. SLCC was our perfect place and the price was WELL within our budget (so much so that I could spend a little more on my dress!). The floor to ceiling windows, the amazing gardens, the beautiful gazebo, the twinkle lights outside and inside, and the staff, oh the staff. I had A LOT of special requests and they did them all! My father only drinks Coors Light and Jaeger Bombs. SLCC brought in Coors just because my father wanted it and they even gave him the option to order two rounds of Jaeger Bombs for as many people as he wanted (and you all know wedding venues never allow shots, but it was his thing and they did it without charging us a thing!). I requested a late night nacho bar instead of appetizers, a huge candy bar for them to set up, and a photo booth area with someone to man the props. They did it all and with a smile! The best part is, they didn't charge me for any of these requests! They were truly there to make my day as special as they could!
    My husband and I really wanted family style dinner as we want people to eat what they want and however much they want of it. You couldn't beat the price SLCC offered per plate and if one table ran out of roast beef, they would bring out another platter! People couldn't stop talking about the food and how good it was! When our wedding party arrived, they had a six person golf cart waiting to take us out on the golf course to take pictures. A few weeks after the wedding, we recieved a box of six tumbler glasses with the SLCC emblem as a wedding present. All in all, they were amazing, the price was REALLY right, and it was a day I will never forget.

Sent on 10/11/2011

brandy · Married on 04/08/2011

We had our ceremony & reception at Silver Lake April 2011. The staff, is awesome! Amy made me feel so relaxed that everything would be perfect, I didnt stress at all and we enjoyed our wedding! The food is GREAT! we had a ton of people rave how good it was, not your typical wedding food! we had planned for an outdoor ceremony but april showers wouldnt allow. No problem for Amy! Ceremony took place in the west garden room which was set up beautifully! reception was held in the east garden room which was also beautiful! the florist i choose didnt deliver the rose petals we had ordered and I began to freak 2 hrs before the ceremony. went to get my cell, but silver lake had already called and the florist was on her way back to deliver! the views, food, staff, price, is all wonderful! we already got our refund check for guests who didnt show! Love this place and would recommend it over & over again!

Sent on 04/14/2011
  • lnaforever

leslie · Married on 09/17/2010

They were so professional and laid back about everything. They kept us at peace and did exactly what they said they would do. They even gave us a gift for our wedding! And everyone said the food was delicious and the garden was beautiful.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Gina · Married on 08/07/2010

We had our wedding shower at Silver Lake Country Club in June of 2010. The staff was very helpful. They allowed us to create our own "tea sandwich" buffet. We brought in our table decorations a few days ahead of time and they assisted us in putting them out. Overall, we were very happy with the experience and service.

Sent on 08/20/2010

Lee Ann · Married on 07/03/2010

Everything about Silver Lake was outstanding. It truly was a great experience. I had a beautiful afternoon wedding in the West Gardens in July. It was a perfect backdrop for pictures during the ceremony. The grounds were beautiful for all other pictures as well. The staff were very friendly. Amy and Janine (Event Coordinators at Silver Lake) were so accommodating. They were able to change tables at the last minute, make special food for dietary restricted guests, provide water at ceremony site during that very hot 90 degree day and all those other little details. I was impressed with the price. The price that is quoted includes it all tax, gratuity, etc... I would hightly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 08/04/2010

Megan · Married on 11/14/2009

The service alone is worth the money. There was another reception the night of ours, but I never would have known because of the personal attention that we received from the first day we were there. The food was excellent and everything was beautiful!!

Sent on 12/03/2009
  • CrankyAngel2

Christina · Married on 09/19/2009

We had so many comments from our family and friends that this was the best wedding ever. That is partly due to the fantastic staff at Silver Lake Country Club. All of the staff were very professional and courteous to guests. Guests at each table were asked they're preferences for how their steaks were cooked and were also told that containers would be provided to them for whatever they did not finish (as we had chosen the plated option.) This was a bonus perk that we were unaware of when we booked with them. All of the event coordinators were a pleasure to work with, offering ideas and helping make our wedding a success. The rooms and grounds are beautiful. When choosing a meal option, prices already include both tax and gratuity so there are no hidden costs (though appetizers/sweet table will cost extra) and top shelf liquor is included. Given the chance to do it all over again, I would definitely stay with Silver Lake Country Club. They are phenomenal!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Chris · Married on 09/21/2008

We would recommend Silver Lake over and over again! They took care of everything, so I didn't have to worry about it! There were even a couple of things that they didn't normally do that I had requested and their response was, "We'll take care of it." Everything was set up beautifully and the service was wonderful! They even went out of their way to provide a vegetarian meal for one of my cousins (whom I didn't know was a vegetarian). The food was even better the day of our wedding than when we went to the tasting months before! Everyone just raved about it!

Sent on 06/03/2009

aimee · Married on 08/24/2008

I can't find any negative things to say about Silverlake. They made my wedding and ceremony one to remember.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Matt · Married on 08/20/2008

This venue is amazing! The views were breathtaking and it just made the best day of my life even better. I had visited the place to see how it would look like several times but when it was all pieced together, it looked like a fairytale wedding. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 04/23/2009

Kimberly · Married on 07/18/2008

The staff at Silver Lake was professional and exceptional! The ceremony and reception were beautiful, the food and liquor was top shelf, and they were extremely easy to talk to.

Sent on 08/08/2008

Erin · Married on 12/15/2007

This was the fairy tale place for a wedding reception. The staff was amazing. They went out of their way to make sure everything went smooth. The food was fantastic and all my guests have said it was the best reception food they have ever had. They are a bit on the price side but the there is so much given to you for the price. Plus, we had a our wedding in december and since they do not get a lot of buisness during that month they worked with us to make sure they got our buisness. Our wedding only has 88 people but they gave us the bigger room, free butlered orderves (which the staff put some aside for my husband and I because we were busy with pictures), and gave us the sunday pricing.

They also have a great refund policy that if 5% of your total number of guests do not show up they refund all the money and after that you just pay for the food. My husband and I had a check waiting for us when we came back from our honeymoon.

The bridal party sat in front of a wall of windows that looked out at the lit up garden while it snowed. It was so beautiful and our pictures were amazing. I would suggest Silver Lake to any bride. They were amazing.

Sent on 07/01/2008

Colleen · Married on 11/18/2006

I booked this place 2 months after we set a date and 16 months before the wedding. I knew from the moment I went and looked at this place that this is where it would be. It was so nice inside and I loved all of the windows. My husband's only complaint was that the ceilings were a little low, he's 6 ft.6, but it wasn't bad at all! However, even though we were married in November the room was really hot and I had to keep going outside to cool off! Even after someone told them to turn down the heat! We had a wonderful time and even with the 2 bites I had of my food I would do it all over again!

Sent on 03/07/2008

Katie · Married on 03/21/1986

My wedding was on May 25, 2013 at Silver Lakes Country Club. It was phenomenal!!! The staff could not have been more helpful throughout my entire process. From the time I booked to my wedding day, I have no complaints. When we first came to look they were more than willing to show us around and answer any and all of our questions. I saw the garden and knew for sure that that's where I want my wedding!

My husband and I went to their taste testing- best thing we could have done! We were surrounded by couples getting married in the near future. it was nice! We got to pick two meals of our choice plus the soup, salad, veggie and ice cream. they also busted out the chocolate fountain. BEST THING EVER HIGLY RECOMMEND!! It was a great night.

We dropped off EVERYTHING the Thursday before our wedding, which they told us to do, to make sure we wouldn't have to worry about anything on the day. They set everything up so we didn't have to do anything...it was fantastic!! The day of they made sure everything was okay and asked if we needed anything. They even took our wedding gifts and put them in their safe for safe keeping.

We had a special request for my gluten free friends. They don't have gluten free beer but they bought some just for us!! Also, they can cook for gluten free or vegetarians..they take special requests. My gluten free and vegetarian friends were extremely happy!

We had the West Garden Room and were able to have the whole patio to ourselves. That was an all time favorite! Guests were able to go outside to take pictures or to just get some fresh air.

The staff went above and beyond!! They are truly a fantastic team!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Erika · Married on 01/14/2017

Silver Lakes was absolutely wonderful throughout the whole experience. They were very accommodating. They even told us that if they didn't have a specific kind of alcohol that they would throw it in free of charge. We wanted my parents to come to the food tasting and they set up a separate night for the four of us to taste the food. The day of our wedding went very smoothly and the room looked beautiful. Honestly, I am so happy that I went with their facility and I think that Amy and the staff try their hardest to make sure that your day will be perfect. Thanks again Silver Lakes!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Laura · Married on 08/19/2016

We had our wedding reception at Silver Lake Country Club this past August, 2016. This venue fills up fast; for good reason! Their service is exceptional, the staff is incredibly accommodating and the pricing includes everything needed to make your wedding perfect, out-the-door. Silver Lake ended up booking all of their summer Saturday wedding slots almost a year in advance, so we opted for a Friday date. It ended up being a blessing in disguise, as we saved money on the dinners and on other vendors, such as the photographer. Working with Amy Coghill, Janene Zieler, and Kelly was seamless through every step of the wedding process. Silver Lake also includes a tasting with other couples which we came to find was quite rare with a lot of the other banquet halls we looked at in the area. You are paying the venue a lot of money, and to find that they couldn’t even accommodate a tasting for you was quite disappointing. Not the case with Silver Lake however. They put together a wonderful tasting with many appetizers; two entrees of your choice, soups, salads, everything you need to make your food decisions as painless as possible. My dad was extremely involved in the wedding process and stopped by Silver Lake several times unannounced just to “check in,” (he’s in sales and a very “people person”) and Amy and the rest of the staff took it all in stride with all of his special requests, questions, and drop-ins. The wedding night went by flawlessly; service was wonderful, the staff was friendly, bartenders were accommodating, everything went beautifully because of Silver Lake. The only qualm I had was at the end of the night, I was bombarded endlessly with questions about where things were going, who was picking them up (such as the lanterns from the florist) and many other questions I had already answered or sent to the staff prior to the day of the wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2016
  • NeishaMac

Wyneisha · Married on 05/27/2016

Silver lake went above and beyond what they needed to do for my wedding day. I had a crisis with my flowers and they were there to cover it up and help in any way that they could. The flower vendor forgot my bouquets so the staff at Silver Lake made me a make shift bouquet from my reception decor. Rain was also a factor. They worked with my husband on the crazy weather changes, and tried there best to not stress me out at all. Also at the end of it all they sent us a refund in the mail for the guest that didn't show up! Great venue. Would do it all over again with the them.

Sent on 06/10/2016

Lenard · Married on 12/06/2008

Perfect place, it truly was a dream like hall and even the outdoors were amazing. The service and staff really helped out alot, the price was steep but it was worth it all, not to mention you get what you paid for ten-fold. You'll fall for this place at first sight.

Sent on 12/24/2008

Lindsey · Married on 05/13/2017

Silver Lake Country Club was a fantastic place to have my wedding. I enjoyed working with the team there. They were very attentive, quick to respond, kind, accommodating and overall I could not be happier to have picked this vendor for my big day. On the day of everything went flawlessly and I would recommend this vendor to anyone that asked! Thank you to the team at Silver Lake for making my big day memorable!

Sent on 09/08/2017