Silver Cloud Cakes Reviews

Silver Cloud Cakes 3
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Endicott · Married on 06/08/2019

Dreamy wildflower-strewn cake

Barbara was a pleasure to work with, and a true artist! She created an incredibly lovely cake for us, and it was as delicious as it was beautiful! After meeting with her for a tasting and seeing some of her previous work, we felt confident that we could give her a few notes on our aesthetic—wildflowers, bright colors, poppies, etc—and trust that she would make our vision a reality. She MORE than delivered, crafting delicate paper poppies by hand in a range of colors, and creating beautiful white chocolate ganache carvings in the frosting to match. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Tom and Jen Relihan · Married on 05/19/2019

Our dream wedding cake

Barbara did an incredible job taking our ideas and turning them into a truly amazing wedding cake. Rarely does a vision that you hold in your mind match so exactly to the final product. It was astounding to walk into our wedding reception and see such a piece of art on display. The lemon-ginger flavor received rave reviews and was the perfect flavor for a spring wedding!

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Silver Cloud Cakes 4
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 10/06/2018

The most amazing cake!

I had looked high and low for the perfect cake. I saw Silver Cloud Cakes and it was a match made in heaven. I met with Barbara and she was so professional and helpful. I showed her a picture of the chandelier at the venue and she made it happen. The cake was wonderfully made with gold leaf and the flowers on it were carved by her. I couldn’t be happier

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Silver Cloud Cakes 5

Silver Cloud Cakes's reply:

Alison, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for me. It was indeed a match made in heaven - meeting you and Tim and your chandelier challenge - all were a delight!

Susan · Married on 09/15/2018

Barbara's cake was beautiful and delicious, but what was exceptional about working with her was how well she educated us about the possibilities, and how attentive she was to what we wanted.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Victoria · Married on 11/11/2017

Barbara was wonderful to work with! She always answered emails the day of or within 24 hours, we never once had to track her down! Her cake flavors are beyond delicious! Silver Cloud Cakes are not standard and that's the best part! There's no typical flavors or designs that one sees wedding after wedding. The cake stands out and it's beyond beautiful! Trust her process, most couples like to micromanage every decision for the wedding, however, this was the best part of working with Barbara, you give her what your vision is and she creates an artwork. It was an awesome surprise!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Mariana · Married on 10/14/2017

Barbara created our wedding cake for our wedding on 10/14/2017. Barbara was an absolute pleasure to work with and we could not be happier with our choice. Barbara is the embodiment of complete professionalism, amazing ideas, and incredible taste. Thank you for making our cake special, unique and completely memorable. We couldn't have done it without you! Thank you!
    PS: The cake tasted INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Caroline · Married on 08/26/2017

Our wedding cake was PERFECT!! Simple yet elegant, absolutely gorgeous, not to mention delicious. We asked Barbara to design our cake based on Audubon's Mourning Dove plate from his Birds of America folio, which we used on our wedding invitation. She carved the birds out of white chocolate and created the most intricate paper flowers and leaves, all of which could not have matched the Audubon style and colors any better. I'm so glad we saved the decorations because I was not able to see the incredible detail in the handmade flowers until afterward...amazing! Barbara created a truly beautiful work of art for our wedding. The whole day was so special and our cake just made it all the more. From our tasting to the day-of delivery, it was a pleasure working with Barbara as well.

UPDATE: We thawed the frozen top tier of our cake to share on our first anniversary and it was as delicious as the day Barbara made it!

Sent on 09/21/2017

maria · event on 07/08/2017

Thanks you for the wonderful cakes, I did not want to cut into them; they were picture perfect!!! But when we, they tasted heavenly.

Thanks so much!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Pamela · Married on 06/03/2017

Barbara made the most wonderful wedding cake for my son and his wife. She was very accomodating with their design requests and took the time to make it exactly as they wished. She is not only an excellent baker (the cake was delicious) but also a sculptor. Her creativity and meticulous approach to her work is evident in every cake she bakes. I highly recommend her. Thanks, Barbara!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Tania · Married on 11/05/2016

I had a short amount of time to plan a wedding and I reached out to Barbara Smith of Silver Cloud Cakes having read about her in Northshore Magazine. She was very responsive and met with my now mother-in-law and I for a cake tasting. My mother-in-law was so impressed by the process she still talks about it! Barbara took the time to answer all of our questions, explain her techniques and really listened to what I wanted. I gave her general instructions in that I wanted a white cake that was both elegant and romantic and from there told her she could do what she wanted creatively. The cake she made was just perfect. Everyone commented on it. Not just because it was beautiful, but because it was so good! I hope I have the opportunity for another event just so I can order a cake from her again!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Cathy · Married on 09/24/2016

Barbara is a true artist and her price is very reasonable. We were so pleased with the cake which was a study in simple elegance - just as we had requested!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Cynthia · Married on 09/19/2016

The cake was not only beautiful but absolutely delicious!!!!!
    We were so happy and received so many compliments from our guests!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Lydia · Married on 07/16/2016

I highly recommend Barbara's cakes! Each and every cake that she creates is a work of art that is done with so much creativity and thoughtfulness. We picked out the chocolate cake with hazelnut filling. It was the best cake we had ever had the privilege to taste in our lives! We had an outdoor summer wedding. Barbara went above and beyond by contacting our venue to make sure that the cake would be kept in a safe spot! (and not melting in the summer heat!) A few days before the wedding, I mentioned to Barbara that my husband and I are both musicians. The day of the wedding, she surprised me with an e-mail stating that she had painted a Hermit Thrush bird onto our cake along with music notes! Apparently Hermit Thrush birds are known for their musical chirps! It was a very nice and beautiful surprise! Barbara and her husband dropped off the cake, which is something that not every bakery will do! Our guests are still raving about our cake!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Kristin · Married on 01/23/2016

Barbara, and the cake she made us, was one our favorite parts about out wedding. Throughout the process she was in quick email communication, did a lovely tasting with my parents since we live far away from MA, and overall made the yummiest wedding cake I've ever had. I could not believe the VALUE in her cake, including the sugar Christmas Rose flowers she made us, and icicle detailed frosting. So many of my guests said it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. Instead of the tradition freezing of a layer, we took a HUGE box of left over wedding cake on our honeymoon and enjoyed the carrot cake for days!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Barbara's skill and ability to combine flavors for an incredible cake. Each cake is a labour of love and piece of artwork. Her communication is top notch and we really spent a lot of time over the months discussing the cake. Originally, I really didn't care too much about the cake, as I rarely eat it at weddings-- Barbara made the flavor selection, craft and design process so much fun (BUT NO WORK FOR ME) that our wedding cake really turned into a stress free exciting part of our wedding! Also she uses as much local organic high quality ingredients all out of her own home. Check out her website and the pictures of her skill: http://www.silvercloudcakes.com/

We loved her cake so much, I ordered a grooms cake which she thoughtfully customized for my husband. She is a genius in her cake craft.

Picking wedding vendors can be such a challenge, search no further, Barbara Smith and Silver Cloud Cakes will not disappoint!

I plan to buy cakes from her in the future, and recommend her to ANYONE getting married or having a party that would like a custom mouth watering cake near the North Shore of MA, and wherever else she delivers cakes!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Lauren · event on 10/24/2015

The cake was as delicious as it was beautiful. A true work of art!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Barbara was absolutely terrific - from the tasting to the planning to the day-of, she did a fantastic job. The cake was absolutely beautiful! Highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Cecelia · Married on 08/14/2015

Barbara was AMAZING! I absolutely loved working with her! She exceeded all of my expectations. Barbara was honest, patient, and extremely helpful. She was always very quick to respond to my questions. Our cake was beautiful!! She handmade a white chocolate lace that was so detailed as well as fake flowers that looked gorgeous. She frosted our cake with a white chocolate ganache that tasted amazing. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the cake was and how good it tasted. Her prices were great and she puts so much time into her cakes. I am so happy that we chose Barbara, she is truly the best!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Catherine · event on 04/26/2015

For a wedding or any important occasion, you won't do better than Silver Cloud. I wanted a custom cake for a special birthday party that had a "Moby Dick" theme. I was so lucky to find Silver Cloud Cakes. Its proprietor, Barbara Smith, is not just a baker -- she is an artist. I was blown away by the exquisite white whale she sculpted from fondant, its graceful tail arched in a frothy ocean of deep blue and teal green. The cake looked so delicate, yet it was so well constructed, it survived a five-hour car trip, from her shop in Manchester, MA, to New York City, and it was absolutely moist and fresh and delicious two days later when we served it. It was a mocha cake with white chocolate buttercream filling, wrapped entirely in fondant. Silver Cloud is a treasure. Check out the Facebook page for photos of the cake!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Rosemary · Married on 12/06/2014

Barbara's cake was exquisite, a real work of art that tasted delicious as well. It was perfect. The beautifully hand-painted cupcake "ornaments" she made as favors for our Christmas wedding were a huge hit. Barbara is also wonderful to work with: professional, artistic and creative.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Marbo · event on 10/06/2014

I cannot give enough praise to Silver Cloud Cakes or recommend them any more enthusiastically! I am a wedding planner who has seen & tried many wedding cakes. Barbara, the owner, is a one-of-a-kind artist & baker extraordinaire! Her cakes are not only made-to-order works of art but are also culinary masterpieces. She uses only the best ingredients for her carefully chosen recipes & I definitely could tell the difference ~ I chose the carrot cake which was made from her unique European recipe and was like nothing I have ever eaten. Although her cakes are not the cheapest you will find, if you want the best of the best, this is the vendor for you.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Kim · event on 08/17/2014

Silver Cloud Cakes made the most beautiful cake for my annual garden party; it was so beautiful, I almost cried when it saw it -- well beyond my wildest expectations and more than anything I could have hoped for. The best part is that the cake was as delicious as it was gorgeous. A masterpiece!

Sent on 03/06/2015
  • User4891660 · event on 07/21/2014

Barbara Smith makes the most extraordinary cakes! She created cakes for my mother's 99th and 100th birthdays. Both cakes were beautiful and utterly delicious! In addition to the loveliness and fantastic taste of Barbara's cakes, she is a joy to work with, very technically skilled and innovative AND, unlike most folks with such a skill set, she listens. What that means for her clients is that the cakes she creates capture the essence of the person or celebration, enhancing in subtle, surprising and wonderful ways the occasion where her cakes are present.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Barbara made a beautiful cake just they way we envisioned. But best of all, it tasted delicious, too! She is an artist and a baker - a great combination for a wedding cake.

Sent on 04/30/2015

My niece asked me to help choose a vendor for her wedding cake. She chose a small cake for the pictures and tiered cupcakes for the guests. It was an outdoor Cape Cod wedding with a seaside décor. We also got a 60th anniversary cake for my parents. Everyone loved the cake and the cupcakes which held up extremely well even tho the day was humid and in the 90's. Barbara had excellent suggestions and was a pleasure to work with. Her creations are exceptional-looking and delicious.

Sent on 03/09/2015