SILK EVENTS DJ + Lighting Reviews

91 Reviews for SILK EVENTS DJ + Lighting

• Zoya

Zoya Hussain · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Above and Beyond!

My entire wedding had a rock theme so Rishi and Rushi had to find a way to combine rock music, 90s throwbacks, classic wedding songs, plus bollywood into one night and oh, boy did Rushi deliver! Everyone was dancing the entire night - in fact, I don't think I left the dance floor once. With that said, the MC was amazing keeping everyone on track, etc. Rushi did a great job and you can clearly tell this is their industry as they knew exactly how to handle last minute changes and did it all so seamlessly and with a smile. Cannot recommend them anymore!!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Mitch Westwood · Getting married on 08/02/2020

The Perfect DJ Team

Rishi and the Silk Events crew are second to none. We actually hosted two weddings, one in Boston, MA and one in Dayton, OH, and they blew both out of the water. Some reviews from our guests:
    Bartender: "Who is your DJ? I work 25 weddings a year, and this is the best DJ I have ever heard."
    Ohio venue coordinator: "Your DJ was soooo good. We don't have anything like that here."
    Bridesmaid: "That playlist was FIRE"
    Groomsman: "Best dance wedding I've ever been to."
    We couldn't recommend the Silk Events team any more - thank you to Rishi and the entire crew for making our wedding truly unforgettable.

Sent on 02/17/2020

Shreya Dave · Married on 04/01/2020

Professional and creative from start to finish!

Silk Events (DJ Rushi and MC Virag) were absolutely wonderful at our Hindu wedding ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge. They are true professionals - flexible, available ahead of and during the event, responsive, and self-sufficient. AV was excellent, and it was effortless from our perspective. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Varun Chirravuri · Married on 08/31/2019

Top notch DJ & Lighting -- would recommend to everyone!

Rishi was prompt, responsive, and helpful throughout the whole process. He had a level of comfort and familiarity with our other vendors and event staff that made the evening so much more enjoyable. Beyond that, his DJ Lighting and Dhol services were perfect, on time, and appropriate (incl. specific cultural asks we had).

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Sheba

Sheba · Married on 08/31/2019

Exceeded my expectations!

I just had my wedding and I felt compelled to leave a strong review. From the moment I first talked to Rishi I felt Silk events was a perfect fit for us. He understood right away what we were looking for and was very accommodating to our needs. We booked our DJ late in the process but felt that we were in good hands with Silk Events. You will see why people rate them so high.

At the reception we had Reet and Sakshi. They really helped make it a special day. We had an Indian fusion wedding and they worked in an excellent mix of English, Hindi and Spanish songs. They were very well-prepared with our list of songs, and even did an impressive job working in a song for our parents without losing the crowd. They knew I was pickier with the songs so they made sure to ask if they had questions or if they had any recommendations, and the crowd loved their picks. I had multiple people, including one of my guests who is a DJ himself, tell me that Reet and Sakshi were phenomenal. Thank you so much guys!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Nisha

Nisha Fahey · Married on 08/24/2019

Exceptional!

We had an exceptional experience with SILK Events for our Sangeet/Garba and wedding ceremony/reception. Sakshi and Virag were very professional and responsive during the weeks leading up to the wedding. We had multiple phone calls to review everything together including timeline, music preferences, pronunciation of names, and overall "vibe" of our wedding weekend. We felt that our input was heard and they certainly delivered! They was skilled at "reading the crowd". The dance floor stayed filled the ENTIRE time for both our Sangeet/Garba and wedding reception nights. They found a perfect balance of both Bollywood and American music that kept all of our guests dancing. It was awesome to have Sudeep playing the dhol at the baarat and reception-- he even let our guests give it a try! We would highly recommend SILK Events!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Rachel Singh · Married on 07/27/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ/MC pair!

My partner and I LOVE to dance, so music was one of the most important elements of the wedding for us. We have very different tastes in music and Sakshi made the perfect playlists to suit both of us AND get all our guests up and dancing. It was a dream come true. Sakshi and Virag were so responsive to what I wanted early in the process. They did exactly what we asked, and weighed in to help us improve on our plan. They did an incredible job using the playlist we gave them to come up with even more great songs and Sakshi did a fantastic job mixing and transitioning between songs. Virag gently guided our guests in between the events, so we didn't have to manage everything. They did a wonderful job, and we are so glad we chose them! They made the whole event! Thank you!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Akshay Shah · Married on 07/27/2019

An absolute pleasure to work with

We could not be happier with the service that Rishi and his team provided on our wedding day. With so many decisions left unmade, we were worried about how the day would go. Rishi not only did a great job with the general audio and lighting of the event, he went above and beyond when it came to timing and making announcements so that the day went smoothly and without chaos. He was kind, knowledgeable and just a pleasure to work with. Did a great job amping up the crowd when needed and also calming them down when we needed quiet. 100% would recommend and look forward to working with him for future events.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Anubha

Anubha · Married on 07/20/2019

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

Rishi and Silk Events did a great job DJing our wedding! Everyone was on the dance floor for the entirety of our reception, and we heard months after our wedding that we had the best music. It was easy to work with them as well.

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie Kendall · Married on 07/13/2019

Low-key and professional for hybrid Western-Indian wedding

DJ Reet was really nice to talk to on the phone in advance and respectful of our unusual needs. He professionally managed a kind of odd venue set-up (different audio set-ups in different locations for ceremony, dinner, cocktails, and dancing!) and was open to the idea that we wanted a mix of Indian music and western music but wanted to avoid current top-twenty stuff. Both DJ Reet and DJ Sai were friendly and professional during the event and I felt confident knowing they were handling the music.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Nishanthi · Married on 07/06/2019

Great pair! Danced all night long!

I hired DJ Rushi and Sakshi as my DJ/MC for my wedding and reception! Exceptional pair! They had EVERYONE on the dance floor! We had a Sri Lankan/Greek wedding and they played the perfect mix of Tamil, Greek, top hits. and everyone’s favorite throwbacks. I received so many compliments on how amazing they were and how their playlist was like no other! They followed my recommendations to a T and added their own song mix as well! The uplighting for the wedding and reception were beautiful! The lighting added so much to the space and tied in my whole vision! We also got a monogram designed with our names and elephants which I loved! They absolutely crushed it and I couldn’t be happier with their services! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • bosh272

Urboshi · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Wedding DJ!

We hired Rishi of SILK Events for DJ and Lighting services for our wedding ceremony and reception in Cambridge, MA. Rishi was both professional and personable throughout the entire process - taking the time to understand what we wanted for our big day while offering his expertise where appropriate. Rishi was fantastic in terms of creating a playlist that appealed to our mixed Indian/American crowd and had our guests dancing all night! He was a great MC throughout, especially when rain caused a minor delay, he kept the guests informed and engaged, ensuring that our ceremony proceeded as planned. The lighting was also beautiful and really enhanced our reception decor. Overall, we loved working with Rishi and would highly recommend him and the SILK Events team. Also recommend hiring his wife, Shruti of LoveDecor, for decor! Having them as a team was awesome.

Sent on 07/21/2019

Pooja · Married on 03/01/2019

Amazing DJ's!!

DJ Rishi and his crew were so professional and ready on time for our party. I really appreciated that! Also, the music was awesome! I liked how they used my list but also had a lot of their own good songs! They were great at reading the crowd. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • F

Forum · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding and Reception DJ- high energy and super fun evening!

Cannot thank Viraj and Sakshi enough for an unforgettable wedding! Sakshi kept the energy going for 2+ hours and the dance floor was never empty! The bride and groom never left the dance floor! Even before the reception started, many guests complimented Sakshi playing music and how he is able to play both Bollywood and American Top 40 so well. He did such an amazing job in reading the crowd and altering the music accordingly. All the guests were so impressed by him and we all had a fantastic night because Sakshi kept that energy alive!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Arusa

Arusa · Married on 10/07/2018

We had an amazing experience working with both Rishi and Sakshi for our reception! Both were extremely responsive during the process and gave us a great deal for the services we requested. We were able to borrow speakers for a more intimate event. We were even given an MC at pretty much the last minute and he also did great keeping the event organized. I could not have had such a fantastic wedding without the team. Absolutely loved the music, lighting, MC service and everything else. Best DJ in Boston!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • F

Faisal · Married on 09/15/2018

Rishi was really great to work with. I gave him a sense of our background, what we were thinking on music and lighting, and he knew pretty much exactly what we wanted.

Sakshi was our DJ and Reet helped him with lighting, announcements, and dhol. It was all awesome. Crowd loved it and they worked with us to get all the details right.

Also really convenient that he works directly with Shruti for decor - everything was synced up and made it painless the day of.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Anam · Married on 08/25/2018

We hired Reet to play dhol for my husband’s entrance at the Mehndi. He did an amazing job. I requested that he hype the crowd up and he did just that :) Everyone was hyped and he brought such a positive energy to the entrance. Upon entering the venue, I asked him to play the dhol to a certain song and he did such an amazing job! It was on beat and people were dancing!! Guests told me he brought such an amazing energy to the entrance and they were very impressed by him! I later found that this was his first wedding gig! He killed it :) If you need a dhol player, I highly recommend Reet! He’s wonderful!!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Burak · Married on 08/19/2018

Our DJ Rishi and our Dholi Sudeep were both incredible! Three weeks after our wedding, my friends are still talking about them.

Our Boston based Turkish-Indian wedding party included 30 Turks, 20 Americans, 12 Indians, and 15 from other nations. So in principle we wanted a DJ who could please American, Indian, and Turkish guests. But we did not do an extensive DJ search or give Rishi a lot of pointers. I sent him a not-well-organized list of Turkish songs 4 days before the party; we talked on the phone twice going over simple logistics. With the effort we had put into it, we thought we would get a regular fun bollywood party, which we would have been ok with.

We got so much more. It was hard to believe Rishi did not know his Turkish music until few days before the party. He knew when to play which song from any background, and he was able to transition from Indian to Turkish to American incredibly smoothly. From the moment the party started till the end of the night, the dancing did not stop. On top of being an amazing DJ, he was also very accomodating to the requests the guests made at random intervals. He and his set up were very professional in terms of any criteria I can think of, timeliness, sound system, lights, MCing. I can't thank or recommend Rishi enough.

And Sudeep. He is a very skillful dhol player and party intensifier. He was able to join any Turkish, Indian, American song, and knew exactly when to jump in. We are very glad we decided to have a Dholi, and are extra thankful that he chose to keep on partying with us through the night even though we had hired him for an hour of his time.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Ankita · Married on 08/18/2018

Not only were they amazing during the weekend but Rishi was such a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding. So nice, so accommodating and fun to work with!

Rishi and his team were definitely the best part of our wedding. We owe so much to them for making our wedding weekend so fun for all our guests and for ourselves!

We were so behind in wedding planning in the final month leading up to the weekend that we just went to Rishi and said hey, can you just pick out all the songs for us walking down the aisle for the ceremony and you have free range of options for music selection for both the sangeet, baraat and wedding reception. He even MC'd for our reception too!

He did amazingly and we could not be more happy with how things turned out. Everyone, and I mean everyone, loved the music at all parts of the weekend. We had all our guests dancing. Even my husband's 85 year old grandma was on the floor way past her bedtime! Rishi and his team even surprised us with having the dhol out for the reception and let our guests drum on it too.

Easiest decision we've ever made. You'd be silly if you didn't move forward with them for your wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Molly · Married on 07/28/2018

Rishi and his wife are an amazing team! While we only used them for their DJ/Lighting/Music services, the overall experience was great. Rishi was really helpful and familiar with DJing/MCing an interfaith wedding. From executing a Baraat with a great dhol player, to keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long and kicking off a hora--he kept the energy and vibe at 100%. Our families loved him, and several of our relatives even got his contact information at the end of the event to book him for their own weddings!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Prerana · Married on 07/15/2018

Silk Events couldn't have been more professional, reliable, and supportive while working through our wedding events. From our first conversation until the very last minutes of our after party, DJ Rishi and his group were incredibly thoughtful and treated us like family. From the onset, they continuously asked probing questions and gave great feedback and suggestions on various aspects of our wedding, in addition to music and lighting alone. Throughout our events, not only were they timely, they also assisted us in keeping everything right on track, and avoid any unexpected delays. There were moments throughout when we had gaps in communication between our family, and yet DJ Rishi was able to think on the fly and always keep the flow of our events going, and knew the right songs to play if we veered from the plans. They did a terrific job reading the audience and maintaining a flow that left every guest feeling involved. It takes talent to adjust the music to the crowd on the spot, rather than just play music they think would impress the guests. I respect and appreciate the experience this team has, and the effort they put in to ensuring quality events. They made our wedding events efficient and fun, therefore positively memorable. I highly recommend them and would eagerly hire them again for future events.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Rishav · Married on 07/08/2018

Rishi and his team were unbelievable for our wedding. We had received a recommendation for Silk Events prior to our wedding and I don't think we could have made a better choice.

From the first call we had, we felt at ease and knew we would be taken care of. We only had a few points about how we wanted the night to go, and Rishi took care of the rest. From an amazing blend of background music, Hindi music, and American music, Rishi knew exactly how to work the crowd, bring the energy levels, and keep people on the dance floor all night.

He also handled several of our last minute changes with ease and even met with us separately to help with some details of our ceremony (mobile speaker, dhol, etc.) that we needed handled.

I can't speak highly enough of Rishi and the team. This is one decision that really made our weekend a success.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Joe · Married on 06/29/2018

Rishi was awesome! Great music selection and definitely knew how to read the room to keep eveyone happy and dancing! We had him DJ our Sangeet and Wedding reception and he crushed it both nights. He even broke out the dhol and played us off to finish up the night. Would 110% recommend him for any event!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Christina · Married on 06/03/2018

Rishi and the entire Silk Events team did a fantastic job with the music mixes, AV setup. MC'ing and lighting for all of our wedding events. We had an multicultural Indian-American wedding and we wanted a DJ who could cater to our varied tastes in music as well as appeal universally to Indian and American guests. Rishi and his team did exactly that for all of our events. Rishi was generous and flexible with his time in the lead-up to the wedding, listened carefully to our various requests and gave insightful and straightforward recommendations. His emceeing skills were great, he was very professional and responsive on email through the entire process. Rishi called us the day before to reassure us and go through our entire lineup to make sure no detail was missed. We couldn't be happier with Silk Events and highly recommend their services!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Sungeeta · Married on 05/26/2018

Rishi and his team are amazing! We could not be more happy with how things turned out on our wedding day thanks to them. They are also very reasonably priced - you really can't go wrong with Silk Events!

From the very beginning Rishi was very communicative and answered all of our questions. He also came to a meeting with the hotel to help us make decisions for the big day.

Rishi had already been signed up for another wedding on our day, but he paired us with Rushi, who was absolutely fantastic. We wanted a blend of Indian and American music, and we didn't give him a lot of direction about what kind of songs we wanted. Even still, I loved every single song he played. I also had people come up to me and comment how fantastic the DJ was, and they counted him among the best they've heard! I definitely agree.

I highly recommend Silk Events for your wedding/ special occasion. They are without a doubt the best.

Sent on 06/16/2018