Signature Talent LLC Reviews

Signature Talent LLC 4
  • Patrick

Patrick Mather · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Attentive and Detail Oriented

David was genuinely fantastic! Prior to the wedding, he made things easy for us by calling to discuss our vision and intent for the wedding--allowing us to be as vague or as specific as we needed/had time for. He understands that the DJ/MC he has a very vocal role in establishing and maintaining the couple's vision and intent for the reception. He recognizes subtle cues in the wedding party and responds accordingly to ensure an intimate yet enjoyable time for all! He was very attentive.
    Thanks so much, David!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words and for taking the time to post a review Patrick. Your first dance with your new bride was so much fun and I really enjoyed meeting and seeing your family and friends on the dance floor.

J Michael Joly · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Excellent!

We were very pleased with DJ Mark and Signature Talent LLC at our wedding reception this past Saturday at the Dutch's Daughter in Frederick, MD. They were excellent and we highly recommend them.
    Love,
    sonia & Mike

Sent on 05/17/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you Sonia and Mike for your kind words and for having Mark provide the music for your wedding reception! He had a great time seeing your guests enjoying themselves on the dance floor and really enjoyed playing such a wide diversity of music.
  • Gigi

Gigi · Married on 07/20/2019

Awesome choice!!!

David got us! It was so easy to work with him and he didn't require any micromanagement :) He's polished, not cheesy and has awesome personal style.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for posting your review Gigi!
    I loved playing for your wedding day. The request list you provided was spot on and you and your guests were on the floor from start to finish :-)))

Ari Baetiong · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional and ready for the unpredictable!

DJ Dave Grimm was a pleasure to work with from the beginning. He proposed to meet me in person in DC at a location of my convenience before even hiring him.
    We discussed our wedding party- 120 people, 15+ nationalities, a great European-Latin social crowd. We were both excited for an eclectic dance party. I knew his experience working with diverse crowds at the World Band events would be perfect.
    We planned, we discussed, we got excited about what music to play. The day of the wedding we were blessed with amazing weather which kept most of the wedding crowd outside rather than the dance floor. Then the 12 kids stole the show and owned the dance floor. Two factors that we were not anticipating, but Dave was able to seamlessly go with the flow and still create a great party. The only issue we had was not making the party longer.
    Dave showed up with the first vendors, even though he wasn't "on" until the 3rd hour. He set up everything without stress, and provided/assisted with the smaller audio system for the ceremony. Throughout the prep and day of, he always offered himself to even go beyond the scope of a DJ. We greatly valued his advice on many aspects of the wedding, from officiant to musicians and order of events.
    Truly a pleasure to work with and a fun guy all around. Professional and responsive, and his experience shows.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much Ari! I really enjoyed playing a wide range of musical styles for your very diverse guests.

JOHN · Married on 06/15/2019

David helped make our wedding a memorable success!

David was recommended by a friend and we couldn't have been more pleased. He has all the right equipment and there were no snafus. He also did both outside bistro and inside up-lighting for our barn venue wedding. It all just looked so amazing. But what sets David apart is his DJ work. He's a musician and knows music well - and can sense what a given audience prefers. There were nothing but compliments from everyone about our ceremony and reception. David had a lot to with that! Thanks again, David - for everything!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Signature Talent LLC 5
    Signature Talent LLC 6

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words John! Your wedding ceremony and reception were beautiful and fun from start to finish.
  • Bharat

Bharat · Married on 06/08/2019

Phenomenal!

Dave is the best DJ any Indian wedding can hire - period! He did my sister's several years ago and my own yesterday, and both times he was such a smash hit. Playing the dhole and being able to stay flexible amidst the craziness of 300+ guests would try anyone's patience, but Dave does it all with grace and aplomb.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Bharat for taking the time to post a review the day after your wedding! Your baraat, wedding ceremony and reception were so much fun.

Kathleen · Married on 06/08/2019

DJ Grimm threw the perfect party

DJ Grimm is a fantastic entertainer and exactly the guy you want putting on the music for your wedding. He provided us with an excellent consultation ahead of our event and obviously has a great feel for setting different moods based on the couple's desired theme. Best of all, he knows how to read a crowd and was able to pivot from family friendly crowd pleasers to more modern songs for our friends as the evening went on. We were recommended him by a friend and are happy to pass that recommendation on. Thanks so much DJ Grimm!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks Kat! Your wedding was so much fun and I really enjoyed providing the music for your family and friends.

Brandyn Peyton · Married on 05/25/2019

DJ David Grimm

Working with David was wonderful! He was so attentive and patient with us and knew exactly what music to play and how to get everyone on their feet and dancing! Thank you so much David!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for having me provide the music for your wedding ceremony and reception! I had so much fun seeing you, your family and guests enjoying themselves on the dance floor.

Nigel L. · Married on 04/28/2019

Our daughter's wedding

David Grimm was very flexible and accommodating with our requests and changes.
    He really made us feel that this was our daughter's day, and he was there to make it as stress free as possible.
    Toward that end he was prompt in responding to communication.
    The gobo monogram was phenomenal! He was spot on with the lightning and the dancing in the clouds effect. His experience really showed there.
    Everyone is still basking in the glow of our wedding experience nearly a week later.
    I highly recommend David Grimm, as a matter of fact we are trying to secure his services to do one of our bridesmaid's wedding if he isn't booked.

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Robert

Robert Nisson · Married on 04/14/2019

Best of the best, highly recommended!

Excellent job, highly recommended. Professional, friendly and fun! Our wedding this past Sunday wouldn’t have been the same without you, thank you so much!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Hope · Married on 11/03/2018

Great DJ for our Latin/American wedding!

We hired Dave for our November 3rd wedding in Alexandria, VA. He provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I have nothing but great things to say about our entire vendor team and Dave was no exception.

From my first request for information Dave was extremely responsive. Throughout the entire planning process he often responded within a few hours and was even willing to meet in person at a location that was easy for us for a final planning meeting. He even asked last minute if he could attend our rehearsal, which he did, for no additional charge. I found his pricing to be extremely reasonable and definitely on par with other DJ's in the region, especially given the level of service and attention he gave us, as well as his willingness to accommodate some of our special requests.

My husband's family is from Argentina and we knew we wanted a mix of both Latin and American music. Dave did not disappoint and provided the perfect blend of music for both cultures throughout the night, as well as for the many generations that were in attendance. Our main criteria was that the dance floor was packed and he easily met that. He also brought some percussion instruments and played live percussion with some of the songs, which went perfectly with the vibe of our evening. This, again, was for no additional charge.
    Additionally, we had some old Argentine Tango records from my husband's grandfather that we wanted incorporated into the day. Dave took our records and converted them to digital so they could be played at our wedding. He did not charge us anything for this and was fully on board from the minute we mentioned this was something we were interested in doing.

To be honest I don't really remember much about his MC-ing, which, in my opinion, is a testament to how he was able to seamlessly fit into our wedding day. We didn't want a corny DJ MC and we wanted the focus of the night to be on the party. Dave inserted himself when it was necessary to direct people to things (cake cutting, late night snack, first dances, etc.) but made sure not to interrupt the dance party with unnecessary commentary or jokes.

Dave was nothing but a professional from our first contact to even after our wedding day. After the wedding he provided us with the list of every song he played and the order. My brother made a playlist of it so now we are able to listen to our wedding soundtrack on repeat whenever we want (which has been often :)). Other people who attended the wedding also have asked for his contact info because they now want to use him for their event.

If you are looking for an awesome DJ for your wedding, and for just a really chill cool guy to help MC your party, you won't go wrong with Dave. He certainly knows what he is doing and if we were to get married all over again we would hire him in a heartbeat. Thanks Dave for helping to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Kathleen E. · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful sound quality , DJing, and music!

Dave was wonderful to work with. He always responded promptly and did a great job coordinating with our planners and venue. We had an outdoor ceremony, and even with the breeze, the sound quality was perfect. He also was able to read the crowd and got people up and dancing all night! Thank you so much, Dave, for helping us create such a special day!

Sent on 10/24/2018

David · Married on 10/06/2018

Above and beyond the playlist

I work with many DJs but DJ Heather Femia and Signature Talent have to be the best!

Besides producing a standard playlist, they really listened to what you actually want. We requested French dinner music for beginning of the event and DJ Heather Femia accommodated whith a beautiful playlist.

When it came time for the dance portion, we submitted songs we like to be included. After receiving the list, Heather submitted a large list for us to look at to supplement the music. She said just mark those you would like to have played, not play, or if you’re indifferent. From that she was able to create the perfect playlist for the dance portion of the evening.
    Thanks to DJ Heather Femia and Signature Talent, our event had the perfect music!

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • JanaBanana

Jana · Married on 10/05/2018

Dance floor packed the entire night!

I had a venue for my wedding that had very tight noise regulations due to being in a residential area and this made it very difficult to find a DJ. David Grimm was actually recommended to me by another DJ who would not play at my venue and I am glad that he was!

From first speaking with him he assured me of his professionalism in working with the building admins at my venue as well as being able to provide the right equipment for the space that would ensure a packed dance floor (and it was packed!). In leading up to the wedding he worked directly with my sister-in-law who lives out of state and would be singing at the reception as well as my event planner to ensure that the night ran smoothly and that everyone was on the same timeline. It was such a relief to have these things taken care of so expertly and smoothly. I honestly didn't have to worry about a thing and the night was amazing and my sister-in-law was set at ease and performed absolutely beautifully.

David Grimm did fantastic at reading the room, transitioning between events and playing music that worked well with the crowd. We continually have people tell us how much fun they had and how good the music was.

As an extra tidbit - my fiance who had no interest in anything during the planning phase has actually recommended David Grimm several times to his co-workers because he was not only impressed with the music and MCing, but also with David's own stories that he shared with him. So, if you get the chance, I would ask him about his life as a DJ and some of the very cool experiences he has had!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks Jana for your kind words and for having me provide the music for your reception! The fact that you were so organized and clear about what you wanted made my job so much easier. I had a blast playing for you and your guests!!!

Jairus · Married on 09/29/2018

While planning the wedding my fiancé and I were weighing the options on whether or not to use a DJ. Thankfully I had a friend recommend David and his services and the rest is history. David was incredibly responsive and receptive to the numerous song choices that I continuously changed. David arrived early the day of the ceremony and set up his equipment so that there were no parts of the ceremony that could not be heard. His assistant saved the day when it was time to walk down the aisle by appearing with a bag of safety pins so that we could attach the boutonnieres. David Grimm and his team were hands down the best decision that we made when planning the wedding. We have continued to receive compliments regarding the song choices and the way that the night flowed. There was never a moment when the dance floor was not packed with our friends and family. Thank you for making our special day so memorable.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jairus! Your wedding ceremony was beautiful and I really enjoyed spinning for your family and friends

Chris · Married on 09/22/2018

My wife and I just had our wedding yesterday and we were able to get DJ Rich and Avery to DJ for our ceremony and reception. Rich was extremely professional, making himself available weeks ahead of the event for calls with my wife and I to pick songs, set up the timeline, and answer any of our general questions. He visited the venue on his own to ensure that he would have everything ready for us on the wedding day and always kept us in the loop during planning.
    The ceremony and reception went perfectly, and Rich had the dance floor packed all night. He was also extremely accommodating to last minute requests during the reception that we had when it came to changes to the timeline. Couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and not only did my wife love how great he did, but we both received many comments in agreement from our guests. Strongly recommend for anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding - thanks again Rich!!!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ David Grimm was amazing at our wedding! He had great communication ahead of the wedding and was so helpful in our set up coordination with our singer/songwriter and his DJ set up. He also played the best music/ exactly the vibe we wanted. We were having so much fun on the dance floor we skipped the cake cutting and additional photos because we didn't want to stop. Had such a blast, highly recommend :)

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Signature Talent LLC 7
    Signature Talent LLC 8
  • Trish

Trish · Married on 09/15/2018

Excellent DJ and highly recommended.

Dave was recommended to us by two of our close friends at two separate occasions. From the very beginning, he was very responsive and available, and was overall great during the whole planning process. He had everyone at our wedding on the dance floor and we got so many compliments from our guests.

We also had Signature Talent provide the uplighting and nimbus cloud effect for our reception and it was a huge hit. It really made all the difference in the photos and really set the ambiance in the room. Everything was perfect and we wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Thank you Dave for making our wedding absolutely incredible. We highly recommend using Signature Talent for your wedding and other events! We will certainly recommend you to everyone we know.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Where's the sixth star option?!

Seriously, everything was fantastic!! Most people write glowing reviews, but in all honesty, we cannot recommend DJ David Grimm highly enough. Context: we had a complex wedding outside, with the reception a few miles away - all with a very tight timeline. David was able to pull of his equipment transport and setup (twice!) without any hiccups. His performance was perfect.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!

Everything above is standard for a DJ. David, however, did more. He was expert in helping pick and mix music. He adapted to our audience; everything flowed naturally. He listened to what we wanted, gave advice where needed, and delivered perfect execution. Example - we didn't want our DJ to simply check boxes with things like the Best Man speech. David made a natural flow happen - no formal introduction (we didn't want one), but rather a perfectly timed moment for our Best Man to simply take the mic, call the room to attention, and speak. Much more natural than many weddings - and much more difficult for the DJ - and David did it PERFECTLY.

STILL NOT ALL!!

David *saved* our wedding! Our ceremony was outside and the weather reports called for rain. We freaked. David listened to us, assured us his equipment would be good, that if it got bad, he could safeguard his equipment, and that whatever we decided to do, he could make it work. Well, we couldn't decide. So, David leveraged his resources to get a deeper insight on the weather (his assistant worked with meteorologists!!) and patiently waited with us as the storm systems progressed. Long of the short - we were only able to make our decision because of David's patient help, and ended up with the *perfect* outdoor wedding (inside a SUPER narrow rain-free window). He was an incredible, invaluable resource!! THANK YOU, DJ DAVID GRIMM!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you Emily and Dan for having me provide the soundtrack for your beautiful
    wedding day!

Brad · Married on 09/01/2018

Working with Dave was a pleasure. His experience and preparedness made him an incredible asset in organizing and coordinating the sound, music, lighting, and more at our wedding. He was a great resource throughout the entire process, and his contacts in the industry make him an excellent go-to for much more than just DJ service. Thank you Dave!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much Brad! Your ceremony and reception were beautiful and beyond fun!!!
  • Richard

Richard · Married on 09/01/2018

DJ Mark (Signature Talent LLC) was awesome !!!

Good coordination, excellent follow up and great service. DJ Mark (Signature Talent LLC) was awesome at understanding when to jump and what to play. He kept the crowd entertained all night long.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Robert · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ David Grimm did an exceptional job at our wedding. He was super accommodating and flexible throughout the night. I truly believe that because of him, my wife and I were able to enjoy our wedding night as much as we possible could. Highly recommend! He is worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Erica · Married on 07/19/2018

Dave did a fantastic job as our DJ. We trusted him from the moment we met him, and it was one of the best choices we made. He worked with our officiant to make the ceremony sound perfect and he kept our guests on the dance floor all night. Many of our guests commented after the wedding that they wanted to hire Dave for their future events and we would highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Meaghan · Married on 06/29/2018

DJ Dave Grimm of Signature Talent is a truly amazing DJ! He really fed off of the crowd and made the night enjoyable for not only us, but we received many compliments from guests as well. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/02/2018