Signature Talent LLC Reviews

113 Reviews for Signature Talent LLC

Signature Talent LLC 1
Signature Talent LLC 2

Hope · Married on 11/03/2018

Great DJ for our Latin/American wedding!

We hired Dave for our November 3rd wedding in Alexandria, VA. He provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I have nothing but great things to say about our entire vendor team and Dave was no exception.

From my first request for information Dave was extremely responsive. Throughout the entire planning process he often responded within a few hours and was even willing to meet in person at a location that was easy for us for a final planning meeting. He even asked last minute if he could attend our rehearsal, which he did, for no additional charge. I found his pricing to be extremely reasonable and definitely on par with other DJ's in the region, especially given the level of service and attention he gave us, as well as his willingness to accommodate some of our special requests.

My husband's family is from Argentina and we knew we wanted a mix of both Latin and American music. Dave did not disappoint and provided the perfect blend of music for both cultures throughout the night, as well as for the many generations that were in attendance. Our main criteria was that the dance floor was packed and he easily met that. He also brought some percussion instruments and played live percussion with some of the songs, which went perfectly with the vibe of our evening. This, again, was for no additional charge.
    Additionally, we had some old Argentine Tango records from my husband's grandfather that we wanted incorporated into the day. Dave took our records and converted them to digital so they could be played at our wedding. He did not charge us anything for this and was fully on board from the minute we mentioned this was something we were interested in doing.

To be honest I don't really remember much about his MC-ing, which, in my opinion, is a testament to how he was able to seamlessly fit into our wedding day. We didn't want a corny DJ MC and we wanted the focus of the night to be on the party. Dave inserted himself when it was necessary to direct people to things (cake cutting, late night snack, first dances, etc.) but made sure not to interrupt the dance party with unnecessary commentary or jokes.

Dave was nothing but a professional from our first contact to even after our wedding day. After the wedding he provided us with the list of every song he played and the order. My brother made a playlist of it so now we are able to listen to our wedding soundtrack on repeat whenever we want (which has been often :)). Other people who attended the wedding also have asked for his contact info because they now want to use him for their event.

If you are looking for an awesome DJ for your wedding, and for just a really chill cool guy to help MC your party, you won't go wrong with Dave. He certainly knows what he is doing and if we were to get married all over again we would hire him in a heartbeat. Thanks Dave for helping to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Kathleen E. · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful sound quality , DJing, and music!

Dave was wonderful to work with. He always responded promptly and did a great job coordinating with our planners and venue. We had an outdoor ceremony, and even with the breeze, the sound quality was perfect. He also was able to read the crowd and got people up and dancing all night! Thank you so much, Dave, for helping us create such a special day!

David · Married on 10/06/2018

Above and beyond the playlist

I work with many DJs but DJ Heather Femia and Signature Talent have to be the best!

Besides producing a standard playlist, they really listened to what you actually want. We requested French dinner music for beginning of the event and DJ Heather Femia accommodated whith a beautiful playlist.

When it came time for the dance portion, we submitted songs we like to be included. After receiving the list, Heather submitted a large list for us to look at to supplement the music. She said just mark those you would like to have played, not play, or if you’re indifferent. From that she was able to create the perfect playlist for the dance portion of the evening.
    Thanks to DJ Heather Femia and Signature Talent, our event had the perfect music!

• JanaBanana

Jana · Married on 10/05/2018

Dance floor packed the entire night!

I had a venue for my wedding that had very tight noise regulations due to being in a residential area and this made it very difficult to find a DJ. David Grimm was actually recommended to me by another DJ who would not play at my venue and I am glad that he was!

From first speaking with him he assured me of his professionalism in working with the building admins at my venue as well as being able to provide the right equipment for the space that would ensure a packed dance floor (and it was packed!). In leading up to the wedding he worked directly with my sister-in-law who lives out of state and would be singing at the reception as well as my event planner to ensure that the night ran smoothly and that everyone was on the same timeline. It was such a relief to have these things taken care of so expertly and smoothly. I honestly didn't have to worry about a thing and the night was amazing and my sister-in-law was set at ease and performed absolutely beautifully.

David Grimm did fantastic at reading the room, transitioning between events and playing music that worked well with the crowd. We continually have people tell us how much fun they had and how good the music was.

As an extra tidbit - my fiance who had no interest in anything during the planning phase has actually recommended David Grimm several times to his co-workers because he was not only impressed with the music and MCing, but also with David's own stories that he shared with him. So, if you get the chance, I would ask him about his life as a DJ and some of the very cool experiences he has had!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks Jana for your kind words and for having me provide the music for your reception! The fact that you were so organized and clear about what you wanted made my job so much easier. I had a blast playing for you and your guests!!!

Jairus · Married on 09/29/2018

While planning the wedding my fiancé and I were weighing the options on whether or not to use a DJ. Thankfully I had a friend recommend David and his services and the rest is history. David was incredibly responsive and receptive to the numerous song choices that I continuously changed. David arrived early the day of the ceremony and set up his equipment so that there were no parts of the ceremony that could not be heard. His assistant saved the day when it was time to walk down the aisle by appearing with a bag of safety pins so that we could attach the boutonnieres. David Grimm and his team were hands down the best decision that we made when planning the wedding. We have continued to receive compliments regarding the song choices and the way that the night flowed. There was never a moment when the dance floor was not packed with our friends and family. Thank you for making our special day so memorable.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Jairus! Your wedding ceremony was beautiful and I really enjoyed spinning for your family and friends

Chris · Married on 09/22/2018

My wife and I just had our wedding yesterday and we were able to get DJ Rich and Avery to DJ for our ceremony and reception. Rich was extremely professional, making himself available weeks ahead of the event for calls with my wife and I to pick songs, set up the timeline, and answer any of our general questions. He visited the venue on his own to ensure that he would have everything ready for us on the wedding day and always kept us in the loop during planning.
    The ceremony and reception went perfectly, and Rich had the dance floor packed all night. He was also extremely accommodating to last minute requests during the reception that we had when it came to changes to the timeline. Couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and not only did my wife love how great he did, but we both received many comments in agreement from our guests. Strongly recommend for anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding - thanks again Rich!!!

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ David Grimm was amazing at our wedding! He had great communication ahead of the wedding and was so helpful in our set up coordination with our singer/songwriter and his DJ set up. He also played the best music/ exactly the vibe we wanted. We were having so much fun on the dance floor we skipped the cake cutting and additional photos because we didn't want to stop. Had such a blast, highly recommend :)

Signature Talent LLC 3
    Signature Talent LLC 4
  • Trish

Trish · Married on 09/15/2018

Excellent DJ and highly recommended.

Dave was recommended to us by two of our close friends at two separate occasions. From the very beginning, he was very responsive and available, and was overall great during the whole planning process. He had everyone at our wedding on the dance floor and we got so many compliments from our guests.

We also had Signature Talent provide the uplighting and nimbus cloud effect for our reception and it was a huge hit. It really made all the difference in the photos and really set the ambiance in the room. Everything was perfect and we wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Thank you Dave for making our wedding absolutely incredible. We highly recommend using Signature Talent for your wedding and other events! We will certainly recommend you to everyone we know.

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

Where's the sixth star option?!

Seriously, everything was fantastic!! Most people write glowing reviews, but in all honesty, we cannot recommend DJ David Grimm highly enough. Context: we had a complex wedding outside, with the reception a few miles away - all with a very tight timeline. David was able to pull of his equipment transport and setup (twice!) without any hiccups. His performance was perfect.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!

Everything above is standard for a DJ. David, however, did more. He was expert in helping pick and mix music. He adapted to our audience; everything flowed naturally. He listened to what we wanted, gave advice where needed, and delivered perfect execution. Example - we didn't want our DJ to simply check boxes with things like the Best Man speech. David made a natural flow happen - no formal introduction (we didn't want one), but rather a perfectly timed moment for our Best Man to simply take the mic, call the room to attention, and speak. Much more natural than many weddings - and much more difficult for the DJ - and David did it PERFECTLY.

STILL NOT ALL!!

David *saved* our wedding! Our ceremony was outside and the weather reports called for rain. We freaked. David listened to us, assured us his equipment would be good, that if it got bad, he could safeguard his equipment, and that whatever we decided to do, he could make it work. Well, we couldn't decide. So, David leveraged his resources to get a deeper insight on the weather (his assistant worked with meteorologists!!) and patiently waited with us as the storm systems progressed. Long of the short - we were only able to make our decision because of David's patient help, and ended up with the *perfect* outdoor wedding (inside a SUPER narrow rain-free window). He was an incredible, invaluable resource!! THANK YOU, DJ DAVID GRIMM!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you Emily and Dan for having me provide the soundtrack for your beautiful wedding day!

Robert · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ David Grimm did an exceptional job at our wedding. He was super accommodating and flexible throughout the night. I truly believe that because of him, my wife and I were able to enjoy our wedding night as much as we possible could. Highly recommend! He is worth every penny!!

Erica · Married on 07/19/2018

Dave did a fantastic job as our DJ. We trusted him from the moment we met him, and it was one of the best choices we made. He worked with our officiant to make the ceremony sound perfect and he kept our guests on the dance floor all night. Many of our guests commented after the wedding that they wanted to hire Dave for their future events and we would highly recommend him.

Meaghan · Married on 06/29/2018

DJ Dave Grimm of Signature Talent is a truly amazing DJ! He really fed off of the crowd and made the night enjoyable for not only us, but we received many compliments from guests as well. We would highly recommend him!

Nick · Married on 06/15/2018

Thumbs up for DJ Rich. Since ours was an outdoor daytime wedding, we were searching for that delicate balance between background music (for those who wanted to mill around) and fun, engaging dance floor (for those who wanted to dance). DJ Rich hit the sweet spot. The dance floor had its champions (and even drew in those who might not otherwise dance) while those on the lawn were digging the good music.

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Dave was very helpful in the planning process. He wanted to make sure everything went well, not only his part of it. He did a great job of getting people who are not that into dancing on the dance floor.

Joan · Married on 06/09/2018

Stacy · Married on 06/02/2018

Dave was an amazing DJ - we had an Indian/American fusion of songs and our guests had the best time! I definitely recommend Dave!

Lisa · Married on 05/26/2018

David was our most reliable vendor with his excellent communication and prompt responses to questions/concerns. He is very experienced and you will have nothing to worry about with David. We recommend utilizing the extra lighting he offers. It's a bit more costly but creates a warm ambiance. He uses high tech equipment so you can expect superb sound quality. Very professional and a pleasure to work with!

Morgan · Married on 05/18/2018

David was wonderful!! He was extremely organized and helpful from the beginning. He sent us questionnaires to fill out about our wedding well in adavcnce, so we would know what to expect for the flow of our wedding and we always knew exactly what we were getting. He was very professional and kept the party going!! He also proved us lighting for our dancfoor and some of our decorations. We would highly recommend him!

Rebecca · Married on 05/04/2018

Dave was wonderful was to work with! My guests were dancing the entire night! Many of the guests made comments after the wedding on how much they enjoyed Dave's set. Dave has an extensive music catalog and even if your song is not included, he will play it for you. I was able to select songs for each portion of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Dave was a crucial part in the making the night as successful as it was.

Tamas · Married on 04/21/2018

We realized we still needed a DJ literally a few days before our wedding. We got in touch with Dave in a super short notice and he delivered a miracle :)! It was the best party every! He was so respectful and a very good eye on seeing how to move the crowed without a single word :)! He asked us if there are any kind of music we would like or a special song! We had already plenty on our plate so we just told him “do your thing, we are fine with whatever”! I think it was an amazing decision on our end although anything we would have requested would have been amazing as well because he really got the sense of the people and the surrounding in a heart beat and totally tuned on everybody! I could write for hours but in short if you would like an amazing party with a gentleman DJ than you can not go wrong with Dave! :)

Caroline · Married on 02/24/2018

Dave Grimm provided wonderful customized DJ services for my wedding. He was very responsive and was able to read the room and tailor the music selection to what the guests were enjoying. I highly recommend Dave and all of his services.

Patrick · Married on 02/22/2018

David is a high-quality wedding DJ who takes his craft seriously. Days before the wedding reception, he took time to meet with us and go over logistics and music. The day of the wedding, he arrived at the venue and was set up very early. In addition to playing great songs, he knew how to keep the party moving and how to re-energize the dancing. We are truly grateful to have spent our special day with David. He is a consummate professional with great experience.
    Thanks very much David. Keep up the great work.

Dimitry · Married on 12/30/2017

DJ Dave Grimm is a consummate professional that was able to make our event go very smoothly! We had a 500 person Indian wedding in Malaysia and asked Dave to do the sound and DJing. He immediately oriented himself in an unfamiliar place, was able to transcend language differences, and coordinated with the maintenance and planning staff at the venue to establish a concrete plan for the event. His communication skills were superb and he made sure everyone involved in the pre-celebration planning had a clear idea what could be expected; this was clearly from his extensive and diverse experience running events all over the world. During the event, everything ran great, the music was always on point, and Dave molded the mood of the event like a master sculptor. The party went all night thanks to DJ Dave! Thank you again!

Krystalyn · Married on 11/25/2017

DJ David Was absolutely fantastic at our wedding! From the start, he was so easy to work with and ensured that we knew exactly what the process was and gave us tips and advice along the way. He was extremely responsive to calls and emails and very receptive to last minute changes. I asked that masks and hats were provided for a conga line and he made sure it went off without a hitch. I also added a bag piper last minute, literally the day of, and DJ David made the necessary arrangements seamlessly. Most importantly, he made sure our wedding was the party of the year by being able to gauge the crowd and play songs from our list accordingly. He stuck with the timeline and made sure everything went smoothly. He was very warm and welcoming and made our guests laugh and dance all night long. My guests told me that they never danced so much at a wedding before, and as a bride it was very important to me that I had a DJ that could keep the fun going and DJ David did not disappoint. If you are looking for a DJ you’ve found the one! Go with DJ David as I promise you will not be disappointed :)

Sent on 12/22/2017

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much Krystalyn---your November wedding was absolutely beautiful and I loved providing the sound track for you and your guests!