Signature Talent LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Mary
    Mary S. Getting married on 07/10/2022

Our guests said our wedding was the best wedding they have been to!

I have nothing but positive things to say about Dave and his team! As soon as we met Dave, we knew we wanted to have him play at our Halloween wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception) at Birkby House and he did not disappoint. Dave was extremely responsive and walked us through everything before our day so that we knew exactly what to expect. He worked with our coordinator seamlessly to ensure everything went as planned. Dave was attentive to our taste in music and our requests and played all of the songs on our "must play" list in addition to songs requested by guests. He has a knack for reading the crowd and was able to roll with the punches. We had so many guests tell us how much fun they had and how much they loved the music! Dave also does lighting and has photo booth options. He made Birkby House look beautiful with uplights and the digital photo booth was a hit with all of our guests! We loved looking through the digital album of all the photos from the night.

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for having me provide the music, lighting, and digital photo booth for your amazing wedding celebration on 10/31/20! Your wedding day was beautiful and I really enjoyed providing the soundtrack for your guests to enjoy themselves on the dance floor.
    Amanda Married on 05/06/2022

Amazing to work with a a great experience.

David was amazing to work with. Would highly recommend him to anybody as he walked us through everything and made the evening go smoothly and everyone had a blast. From lighting to music, we couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Thanks David!
  • Drew
    Drew S. Married on 02/19/2022

Thank you David!

David did an amazing job capturing the energy of our style and party with an amazing playlist and live percussion accompaniment. Everyone danced the entire time and he played all the songs we wanted to here. We heard great feedback from all our guests on David's performance!
    Sarah E. Married on 11/20/2021

Dave is amazing!!

Dave was so incredible! When talking to him before the event he said that he has this super ability to make people dance and I was blown away by the results. I never would've expected to see so many of our people out on the dance floor jumping around and having a blast. We aren't dancers, but Dave found a way to make it happen. He was incredibly helpful in giving advice and tips from all the weddings he has done before and was super accommodating when I texted him the morning of the event to add a bunch of Disney songs into the rotation. He even went above and beyond with planning and writing a percussion feature for the bridal party to perform during the reception!! I cannot recommend Dave enough to help make your event incredible!

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking the time to post this review while you and Nick are still on your honeymoon in Tahiti! Your reception was so much fun and I had a blast seeing your guests on the dance floor. I really enjoyed working with you and all the former members of the Virginia Tech drumline in attendance;-))).
    Morgan P. Married on 10/29/2021

Keeps Your People On The Dance Floor

Dave was awesome to work with! When we met during our zoom call, he put my mind at ease. He told me he will get everyone on the dance floor and keep them there; and that is exactly what he did. I have been to weddings where DJs stay on the mic too long and make it more about themselves, Dave did NOT do that. He truly made the night all about us. He played the songs we wanted and kept everyone dancing. Dave is amazing and we HIGHLY recommend him!
    Jacob Married on 10/17/2021

Awesome, highly recommend

He did our wedding on 10/17/2021 and was awesome. The pre wedding conversations were detailed, thoughtful and easy. On wedding day he was early, and helped put us at ease. He got people on the dance floor quickly, and was attentive but not intrusive. It was the right, skillful and tactful blend that couldn’t have been better. Perfect, thank you.

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much, Jacob for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words! I had a great time playing for you and your guests on your wedding day. Best wishes to you and Caroline!
  • Keegan
    Keegan C. Married on 10/16/2021

Stop looking for DJs, just hire Dave.

Dave at Signature Talent was the DJ for both our ceremony and reception. If you want someone who can pack your dance floor at your reception, he is your guy. Our guests and other vendors have repetitively told us that they have never seen so many people dance at a wedding reception. Multiple friends requested our playlist. Two couples want the same playlist at their weddings.
    Even though we gave those couples a playlist of the songs we could remember, it will not be the same because Dave is a true artist. He reads the room, plays just the right songs at the right time, and transitions the music flawlessly.
    Our ceremony felt like a movie because of the way he mixed and timed the music.
    He worked with us leading up to the wedding to make sure the wedding was everything we wanted it to be music-wise, and gave us priceless advice.
    We don't want to brag, but we can't thank Dave enough for making our wedding one that was among the best our guests had ever been to.
    Hire Dave if you want your guests to say the same.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer S. Married on 10/02/2021

DJ David Grimm Was the BEST!

We had found David through another local DJ who said he was giving us one of the best DJs and that he would not disappoint.... and let me tell you! He did not disappoint! From the very first phone call when we met I knew we had made the right choice. He was so easy to talk to, gave suggestions when we were not sure about certain wedding things, and was energetic, exciting and funny! To go even further, he told me he could call me whenever I wanted, even if it was to vent about the wedding details - what a guy! So fast forward to the wedding (we had our final details meeting a few weeks prior - we added on uplighting (HIGHLY recommend) as well as extra hour of services), we finally got to meet David! David was a phenomenal MC AND DJ! He did awesome with the announcing of the bridal party, transitioning to each of the special moments during the reception, and of course, bringing it when it came to the dancing! He read the room for what people were enjoying & kept everyone dancing until 11 PM - it was a PARTY thanks to David! I would highly recommend you hiring him for your wedding - you will not be disappointed :D

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for having me provide the music and lighting for your epic wedding celebration last Saturday! You, your family members, and your friends were so much fun to meet and I had a great time seeing everyone enjoying themselves on the dance floor. I really appreciate your posting this review as you and John are getting ready to head out of town to your honeymoon in Costa Rica!
  • Isa
    Isa N. Married on 09/25/2021

Best Wedding

On September 25th, 2021, my husband and I celebrated our wedding and we used Dave Grim. Dave did an excellent job, making sure our wedding ceremony, cocktail time and reception music was exactly what we wanted. Dave is fun and gets the party going. From the beginning to the end of the wedding, Dave was always very accommodating. I would recommend Dave to anyone looking for a DJ.
    Dave, thank you so much for helping us to have the most memorable day of our lives!
    Isabella & Kostas
    Molly Married on 09/18/2021

Excellent!

DJ Dave was absolutely amazing!! The only vendor who made it so simple and we never had to worry about!

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much, Molly! Your whole wedding day was beautiful and fun, but the dancing at your reception was epic! Best wishes to you and Dan for a long, abundant, and happy marriage.
  • Seth
    Seth D. Married on 09/10/2021

Best DJ out there!!!

David Grimm is amazing!!! From start to finish, he was the hit of the party! When he came out with his dhol to start the dancing, everyone was so excited! He knew just the right songs to play when we needed them. He was so flexible with shedule changes. He kept our reception on track. Whatever we needed, he was there! And when the night came to a close with our sparkler sendoff, he was out there with his dhol, keeping the party going!!! Our reception was amazing because of David. He was more than just a DJ... He was our MC, our timekeeper, a constant resource for literally anything ahead of the wedding, and much more!!! We don't know what we would have done without David!

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

My pleasure, Seth! Your reception was wonderful. I enjoyed meeting all of your guests and the energy on the dance floor was amazing. Best wishes to you and Aashikaa!
    Dave
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/04/2021

Ruben’s the man!

We had the pleasure of having Ruben DJ for our wedding and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ! We sent him a list of songs that we wanted to hear throughout our ceremony and reception and we let Ruben do his thing for the dance portion which had everyone out on the dance floor. Exceptional job and we thank you so much for making our wedding so memorable!
  • Haley
    Haley B. Married on 08/14/2021

The BEST DJ and person in the area!!!

I cannot speak highly enough of DJ Dave! We had initially booked a DJ for our wedding through a different company and they fell through just a month before our wedding. We contacted Dave and he immediately stepped up to the plate and we are actually VERY thankful we ended up with Dave for our big day. From the initial contact, we felt SO incredibly comfortable with Dave and knew that we really lucked out finding someone as talented, kind, organized and easy to work with as Dave. He took the time to get to know us as a couple, our background and our vision for our day. He was very clear about costs and different options available to us and was extremely responsive to any questions that we had.

The process in working with Dave was seamless and so easy. This was so helpful amidst all the stress of preparing and planing. On our wedding day, Dave DELIVERED. We had indicated that we wanted our dance floor packed from start to finish and he did not disappoint. He stuck to our music choices and played music that the crowd was gravitating towards. If requests came from our guests that we indicated we didn't want played, DJ Dave asked us if we wanted it played or not, which we really appreciated. Our guests couldn't stop talking about our music and Dave's MC of the event. Not to mention, we had a somewhat difficult venue for acoustics and Dave did an excellent job managing the venue and the crowd. We also did not have a videographer for our wedding, and Dave, without even being asked, captured some great videos of our event which were so special to us. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone in the area. Do yourselves a favor and book DJ Dave for your event, you will not be disappointed!! :)
    Tim W. Married on 08/06/2021

Tremendous

We were unable to go through with our reception due to COVID, but they returned our deposit in full. We are so grateful for their kindness and professionalism. When we do need a DJ we will undoubtedly choose Signature Talent.
    Gf Married on 07/24/2021

Perfect for our daughter's big day!

David was courteous and professional from the first phone call to our good bye at the end of the wedding evening. He was attentive to the bride and groom's requests and our guests He went out of his way to get the Reverend on the dance floor!
    He worked seamlessly with the event coordinator and photographer. They were a team that day even though it was their first time at that venue and working together.
    We would highly recommend David for weddings or any event where you want to make sure your guests feel welcome and have a good time.

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! I really enjoyed meeting you and your entire family, as well as providing the music for your daughters beautiful wedding day. Everyone, including me, had a great time :-)
  • Tatum
    Tatum K. Married on 07/10/2021

Amazing dj!

When I tell you that our guests didn't stop dancing from the minute the dance floor opened until the party ended, I'm 100% serious. David Grimm did a phenomenal job with our playlist and he knew exactly what our guests wanted to hear to keep the party going. We can't recommend him enough; he made our wedding an unforgettable night for everyone who attended. He was truly the best!!

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review in the midst of the move that you and Emmett have made to North Carolina. I had a great time playing at your reception. You set me up for success by being so organized in the request list that you provided. Best wishes and the best of luck as you and Emmett make your new home in Charlotte!
    Jen Married on 07/09/2021

A Great DJ Makes For A Great Party

I hired Dave Grimm based on a recommendation from the 2941 Restaurant, where I held my wedding. From my first email, Dave was very responsive to every question or suggestion I had. His experience was helpful in crafting a plan for the music through the evening. When the day came, he adjusted to the mood of the group and our event was a tremendous success. I got many compliments about the great music throughout the evening. I would highly recommend Dave Grimm & Signature Talent.

Hi Jen,
    Thanks so much for having me spin at your wedding reception last Friday! I really enjoyed playing the Yacht Rock and chill playlist for cocktails and dinner, but when the mood lifted off after dinner, it was great to see you and your guests on the dance floor. Amazing party! Best wishes to you and Chris!
  • Nadine
    Nadine Married on 06/27/2021

Incredible!

First off, THANK YOU David for the amazing work you do! Secondly, we wanted to share how much we all (friends and family included at our reception) loved the music and games you provided. David was able to not only read the room but also bring out the fun in everyone as even some of the shyest people felt comfortable dancing :) My husband comes from a family of dancers and lovers of music, so picking the right DJ was of utmost importance. That said, the quality and selection of music was wonderful and David was able to smoothly incorporate so many of our own requests before and during the reception. We highly recommend David!
    Katherine F. Married on 06/13/2021

So happy we hired Dave for our wedding!

Dave was an amazing DJ! From the day we hired him, he was on top of everything and helped us decide the experience we wanted our guests to have at our wedding. He is very professional, but very fun and easy going. He was great at hyping up the dance floor and getting everyone involved throughout the night.

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for posting your review, Katherine! I really enjoyed meeting and playing for your friends and family. Your wedding ceremony and reception were beautiful and fun. The last dance idea you had was wonderful and I'm sure that the video and photos of that will be amazing!
    Melissa Married on 05/30/2021

Talented DJ and MC

What a pleasure it was to work with DJ David Grimm. Throughout the whole process he was so kind, professional, and such an asset in helping my husband and I- two people who did not enjoy wedding planning- plan a wedding. What really sets him apart is how skilled he is as an MC. Each transition occurred seamlessly and totally outside of my awareness, which my husband and I really appreciated. He made our friends and family giving toasts feel welcome and acknowledged. He also did an excellent job incorporating a blessing from an older relative who couldn't attend into the ceremony which was so, so meaningful to my husband and I.

As for the music... my most music-savvy friend said it was one of the best wedding playlists he'd ever heard, so there's that. And David's Hora mix was an absolute hit.

So would I hire DJ David Grimm again? Absolutely, and I think you should, too.

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for posting your wonderful review and for your kind words Melissa! Your wedding celebration was so much fun and I really appreciated being a part of your vendor team. Best wishes, Dave
    Sarah K. Married on 05/29/2021

Better than I even imagined!

As for his personal style as an MC, David was able to be fun yet understated. We did not want an obnoxious or corny DJ shouting frequently, preferring to let the music create the party. David made announcements as needed yet never distracted from the party, letting family and friends continue to be in the moment. We got so many compliments on the dance floor, everyone had such a great time. And all this at a reasonable price compared to other DJs we contacted. You will NOT be disappointed with David!

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Sarah! Your wedding ceremony and reception were so much fun. I loved seeing everyone enjoying themselves on the dance floor (particularly your Dad dancing to Taylor Swift). Best wishes to you and Frank for many wonderful adventures in the coming years!
    Victor G. Married on 05/22/2021

Above and beyond

Dave went above and beyond for our wedding, adding lighting we didn't know we needed as well as playing the drums or a short wedding parade. Highly recommend.

Signature Talent LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for posting your review Vic! Your wedding day was fun and beautiful from start to finish :-)))
  • Bryan
    Bryan W. Married on 05/15/2021

You won't go wrong with Dave

Dave was terrific both as a DJ and generally as a wedding vendor. As with many the last year we had to move our wedding back and Dave was really flexible in moving to our new day and immediately offered his services if there was anything else he could do to help. It really made the months leading up to the wedding easier that Dave was so communicative, gave sound advice, and really tried to understand what we wanted for our wedding day. He helped guide us through sounds for all phases of our wedding day and was super receptive to our vision for what we wanted for our reception. He even showed up at our walkthrough to make sure he was in sync with the other vendors which was much appreciated.
    Like many others have said Dave really reads the room and sets the tone, we wanted our wedding to be a party and he certainly delivered. The musical flow had the right cadence throughout the night and he even led a great Hora. In the latter part of the night nobody wanted to sit down because the dance floor was so fun. Thanks for all you did to make our big day special Dave!
    Joe P. Married on 05/10/2021

High Quality, Kind Service!

Dave is thoroughly professional in his execution, and exceedingly kind in his process! My wife and I had a backyard wedding and Dave came to scope out the backyard to set up lighting. He was kind, flexible, easy to talk to, and REALLY good at his job. The backyard looked INCREDIBLE. I can't recommend him enough.