Signature Desserts Reviews

114 Reviews for Signature Desserts

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

114 Signature Desserts Reviews

Ana · Married on 08/26/2017

We couldn't attend tastings in person so had to choose a bakery going off of reviews. Incredibly pleased with the cake and interactions with Signature Desserts.

Dennis · Married on 07/29/2017

Outstanding cake and cookies for our reception!! What a great couple to work with at Signature Desserts!

Caitlyn · Married on 10/22/2016

Signature Desserts was an easy vendor choice for us, as it was included in our package through our reception venue. I had high hopes based on the views I’d read, but we were certainly in for a treat. From our first meeting at Signature Desserts, we knew we were in good hands. The owners of Signature Desserts (whose names are of course escaping me at the moment) are ALWAYS THERE. From our initial meeting, to our final decisions meeting, we were so delighted to speak first hand with the people who so passionately enjoy their work. We were able to sample a number of delicious treats, before sampling wedding cake flavors (and there were so many!). We ultimately chose a package that included not only a wedding cake, but a full dessert bar spread. WOW! We were so very pleased with the service, as well as the quality of the product. Our wedding cake was stunning. I extend a sincere thank you to Signature Desserts, for ensuring all of our wedding cake dreams were met. I highly recommend this vendor for your wedding cake, and wedding dessert, needs.

Caitlyn · Married on 10/15/2016

SO DELICIOUSLY PERFECT! We were told we had the most amazing dessert display ever! The line was out the door! They custom created our beautiful wedding cake and helped us pick the most amazing flavors! We will be using them for future events or even just for a sweet treat!

Ann · Married on 10/01/2016

Cake was beautiful and delicious. Also had pies, cheesecakes and cookies. They delivered to venue and everything was wonderful. Not overpriced.

Katie · Married on 08/13/2016

After having several cake tastings, I could not have been more impressed with Signature Desserts. Not only are they cost effective (they have wedding packages that include extra desserts plus the wedding cake for the same price as just the cake at most places), but they take great pride in what they do! For our cake tasting, they baked an entire cake with fillings of our choice, and the actual people who would be baking our cake sat down and spoke with us. And obviously, the cake itself, along with their other desserts are delicious! I just could not recommend them enough!

Kristy · Married on 07/01/2016

We loved our wedding cake from Signature Desserts! They made the whole process easy from beginning to end, and I honestly never stressed over it. They have a large variety flavors, style and sizes. They also have other options including packages for different cakes, pies, tarts, and pastries to serve along with your wedding cake. We had a ton of compliments on both the decor of the cake, and taste of all of the desserts. We couldn't be happier with Signature Desserts.

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 06/04/2016

What can I say besides AMAZING!! They were so wonderful to work with. Pricing was great and our cake turned out beautiful!! Not only did it look nice but it TASTED amazing! We got so many compliments. I would highly recommend!

Thank you very much!

Kristen · Married on 04/08/2016

Signature Desserts is wonderful!! Linda is so fun to work with during the design process and they make the planning stress-free. We received an entire cake for our tasting, plus cookies, and get to go back on our one year anniversary for another cake! We had such a great time at both appointments. On the day of the wedding, we were SO happy with how the cake turned out. It was perfect and was even better than we could have imagined. Highly recommended! :)

Nicole · Married on 11/14/2015

Signature Dessert helped us achieve our perfect wedding cake with a taste that was out of this world. We love burnt almond torte but were not sure how well this would go over for a wedding cake. After meeting with Linda and her husband, our decision was easy for the wedding cake. However, it was so difficult to choose the other desserts we wanted at the wedding as everything was so delicious! Each cake, torte, cookie, and pastry tastes like it's fresh from your grandmother's kitchen. They were professional, down to earth, and very knowledgeable. We never once had to worry while planning our wedding or the day of. Our cake was delivered, assembled, and decorated in a timely manner and looked amazing. I cannot wait to go back for our anniversary cake!

Shauna · Married on 10/17/2015

Signature Desserts was extraordinary! The package we picked included a three tiered cake, five pies, and dozens of cookies. Everyone loved our dessert table and were so happy we provided to-go containers so that they could take some home. Our cake turned out EXACTLY how we envisioned. We couldn't be happier with this bakery! Plus you get a new cake for your first year anniversary, so you do not have to save the top tier (bonus!).

We loved working with Signature Desserts. My family has gotten desserts from here for years, so it was a high choice for our cake. We enjoyed working with everyone there, always so welcoming whenever we went in. We had two different fillings in our cakes, and everyone loved it. They offered so many helpful ideas and hints for different things!

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2015

Wedding Date: 9/5/15

I highly recommend Signature Desserts for any event, but especially for a wedding. The cake was delicious and beautiful. Linda worked with my fiance and I to design a perfect mix of our styles together (because it didn't seem like we could agree on anything when it came to the cake!) We had a very specific flavor that we wanted, and Signature Desserts worked with us and went out of their way to provide the cake of our dreams. We also had chocolate dipped strawberries (designed to look like tuxedos and bridal gowns!) on the head table for the party. And they provided a full dessert bar with cakes, pies, cookies, cheesecakes, the works. Everything was delicious and I got so many comments on the cake. You will not be disappointed with Signature Desserts!

Bridget · Married on 09/05/2015

Cake was both beautiful and delicious!! The company was great to work with. The cake turned out exactly like my daughter wanted it to. My guest truly enjoyed the dessert bar they offered which gave everyone options. There was a line at the table all night. Would use them again and again!

Erin · Married on 09/05/2015

Signature Desserts supplied the wedding cake and other desserts for our wedding at the Youghiogheny Country Club. We had a great time at our tasting/design session, which was really casual but also informative, and the team took the time to incorporate a design from our invitations into the piping on the cake! We tried several flavors and settled on a great combination, along with 5 other full-size desserts for our guests to choose from! They were cut and displayed beautifully for dinner, and we had delicious, enormous tuxedo strawberries in the bridal party suite during cocktail hour. Instead of having to freeze the top tier and hope it doesn't taste like cardboard in a year, we'll get a freshly made tier in the same flavors as part of our package! We're already looking forward to it.

Kasey · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I were beyond happy the we used Signature Desserts for our wedding. The variety of desserts was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I am still getting compliments on our dessert spread. We opted to do the three tier wedding cake and a dessert buffet. We had more than enough cake to feed everyone, but also had cheeses cakes, pies, and cookies. Everyone, even our pickiest of eaters, had an option to enjoy. Linda and her husband work perfectly together as a team. All the meetings that I had with Linda were never rushed, questions were answered properly, and her expertise came into play. One of my most favorite parts about choosing signature desserts was the day we got to go in and design our wedding cake. At first, I thought I would just go in and show Linda a picture of the cake I wanted and be done........I thought wrong!! We had too much fun going through hundreds of wedding cake pictures picking and choosing what we liked and what we didn't to design our own perfect custom cake. It was SO fun!! Overall, I would recommend signature deserts for any occasion, but especially for wedding desserts.

I highly recommend Signature Desserts for wedding cakes and desserts. They worked with us to pick the perfect filling and the perfect design. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted and she spent the time to organize my ideas and design the perfect cake. Not only was the 4 tier cake beautiful, it was delicious!!! They also provided a dessert bar for our wedding, which was a hit and were all so delicious too!

Melanie · Married on 07/18/2015

Our wedding cake was part of a package from our reception site and I was concerned that because we were not necessarily paying them we would not get good services - I was completely wrong. The attention to detail was fantastic. Love the fact that they will make us our top layer of our wedding cake for our year anniversary.

Dana · Married on 06/13/2015

Signature Desserts was recommended to us by my sister in law and we're so glad she did! We didn't need to look anywhere else. Despite a long day of meeting with couples, Linda was very kind and patient with us as her last clients of the day. Our cake looked and (more importantly) tasted amazing! They were even able to incorporate my homemade cake topper! We got the cupcake package which went over well, especially with the kids! We couldn't be happier about our choice of using Signature Desserts for our wedding cake and we're looking forward to our anniversary cake next year!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Signature Desserts's reply:

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We wish you a very happy year ahead and can't wait to see you again for your one year anniversary cake!

Mm, mm, mm. I was convinced I was going to get my wedding cake from a different bakery in Pittsburgh until we had a tasting with Linda at Signature and learned not only how delicious her cakes are but also what a great value! Her packages are significantly cheaper than other bakeries we had looked at but with some additional perks. First, we loved the fact that we got to design our own wedding cake from scratch rather than picking a generic style from pre-selected designs. Also, she includes two fillings with no extra charge, while many bakeries charge for fillings. When we met with her to design our cake, she was excellent at listening to what we wanted and then adding her professional opinion to make our dream cake even better. Furthermore, she makes the cake big enough to give your guests a REAL wedge of cake rather than the small slivers that so many bakeries are trying to pass off as a 'slice' these days. Finally, she includes a fresh anniversary cake on your first anniversary so that you can enjoy the experience again without freezer burn. Our cake was everything was everything we wanted it to be, and we got MANY compliments from our guests on its beauty and deliciousness.

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

Signature Desserts made our cake tasting and selection fun and easy. They were part of the wedding package at Crowne Plaza and I'm so happy they were! They couldn't have selected a better bakery to partner with. We shopped around too just to make sure we were happy with their selection and the taste and without a doubt we would have picked Signature Desserts regardless of the connection to our venue. They were such nice people to work with and we were so happy with how our cake turned out! The design is exactly what I had asked for and it was so beautiful! We picked a fun flavor combo of cookies n cream and raspberry filling and our guests just LOVED it. For fear that we would not get a chance to eat at the wedding we requested that 2 pieces of cake be sent to our hotel room. Best post-wedding breakfast ever. It stayed fresh and was so good! We paid for the package that includes additional cakes at our dessert table too. Everyone loved the variety of options and each one I tasted was beyond delicious. I loved working with Signature and am so happy with how our cake turned out!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Signature Desserts's reply:

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you very very much! I enjoyed working with you. I am so pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed the desserts and cake! And what an amazing idea, leftover cake for breakfast! We can't think of a more perfect way to begin your happily ever after!!! -Linda

Sara · Married on 05/24/2015

By far the best wedding cake I've ever had! We had our reception at the Crowne Plaza, which includes the wedding cake from Signature Desserts. We couldn't have been happier with that! Linda at Signature Desserts really listened to everything that we wanted in a wedding cake and made it happen! The cake looked amazing with the details that she put into it. I couldn't imagine a better cake for our special day!

Signature Desserts was part of our package with The Crowne Plaza South. Our expectations were exceeded beginning with the first phone call. We sat down with Linda, the owner, to discuss the options. They offered three - cupcakes, standard tiered cake, and a smaller version of the same cake along with an assorted dessert buffet to feed our entire wedding. We chose from the full dessert menu, and they even gave us a few dozen extra cookies. Once we chose our flavor of cake and filling (we had the option to mix and match any of their standard fillings to create our own combination), we designed our custom cake with Linda. She was receptive to our ideas and designed a beautiful cake. On the day of the wedding, the cake was exactly what we wanted, looked incredible, and tasted amazing. The dessert bar was a huge hit, and everyone loved the idea.

Ashley · Married on 04/11/2015

Signature Desserts was included with my wedding package at Youghiogheny Country Club. When I met with Steve and Linda to pick our wedding cake it was a fantastic experience. They have an entire cake made with my cake and filling choices as well as cookies. They got additional flavors for me to try and provided advice as to good fillings for the time of year of my wedding. The package I choose also included other cakes and pies. By the time I made my way to the dessert table they were GONE! Thank you to Steve and Linda for making delicious desserts for my wedding!

Sarah · Married on 03/28/2015

Signature Desserts has been great to work with for our wedding! Very flexible and open to ideas, creativity, and has many ideas to offer on their own! They have great experience that they are willing to share to help make your day perfect. Their desserts are amazing as well, there wasn't a thing I tried that I didn't like.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Signature Desserts's reply:

Thank you very much for your sweet review. We are so pleased to hear that your wedding cake and desserts met with your high standards!