114 Reviews for Signature Desserts

Cupcakes (1)
Groom's Cake (1)
Kosher (1)
111 Signature Desserts Reviews

Love this bakery! I got the strawberry and cream cheese filling for my wedding cake and it was delicious! My guests raved about it. Was not dried out at all, and it was so beautifully decorated! They did exactly how I showed them. My family uses Signatures for other holiday and birthday parties, too.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/19/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

We couldn't attend tastings in person so had to choose a bakery going off of reviews. Incredibly pleased with the cake and interactions with Signature Desserts.

Profile Picture Ana, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Outstanding cake and cookies for our reception!! What a great couple to work with at Signature Desserts!

Profile Picture Dennis, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

We used Signature Desserts for our wedding cake and it came out stunning and delicious! The staff is so personable and we almost felt like we were part of the family when we were there for our tasting and design meetings. You get to pick from so many flavors of cakes and fillings and Linda helps you match things that she knows go well together. The tasting is paradise for anyone with a sweet tooth. On top of cake they offer so many other desserts that if you want to go with a smaller cake or no cake at all they have tons of options for every couple, from a cupcake cake to personal sized pies! For the design of the outside of the cake, the options were endless. In a meeting with Linda we started with a blank piece of paper and she drew out in pen exactly what we wanted by listening to our thoughts and reviewing a few picture examples. She offered suggestions along the way to enhance it and we are so happy with how it turned out. When we got to the reception the cake was all set up and looked gorgeous! On top of the great experience of planning the wedding cake, as part of our price we get to go back on our first anniversary and get a fresh cake remade in our wedding flavors to enjoy! We can’t wait to enjoy a fresh cake to celebrate our first year of marriage.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/8/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cookies

Signature Desserts was an easy vendor choice for us, as it was included in our package through our reception venue. I had high hopes based on the views I’d read, but we were certainly in for a treat. From our first meeting at Signature Desserts, we knew we were in good hands. The owners of Signature Desserts (whose names are of course escaping me at the moment) are ALWAYS THERE. From our initial meeting, to our final decisions meeting, we were so delighted to speak first hand with the people who so passionately enjoy their work. We were able to sample a number of delicious treats, before sampling wedding cake flavors (and there were so many!). We ultimately chose a package that included not only a wedding cake, but a full dessert bar spread. WOW! We were so very pleased with the service, as well as the quality of the product. Our wedding cake was stunning. I extend a sincere thank you to Signature Desserts, for ensuring all of our wedding cake dreams were met. I highly recommend this vendor for your wedding cake, and wedding dessert, needs.

Profile Picture User6063933, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SO DELICIOUSLY PERFECT! We were told we had the most amazing dessert display ever! The line was out the door! They custom created our beautiful wedding cake and helped us pick the most amazing flavors! We will be using them for future events or even just for a sweet treat!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet

Cake was beautiful and delicious. Also had pies, cheesecakes and cookies. They delivered to venue and everything was wonderful. Not overpriced.

Profile Picture User2989839, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After having several cake tastings, I could not have been more impressed with Signature Desserts. Not only are they cost effective (they have wedding packages that include extra desserts plus the wedding cake for the same price as just the cake at most places), but they take great pride in what they do! For our cake tasting, they baked an entire cake with fillings of our choice, and the actual people who would be baking our cake sat down and spoke with us. And obviously, the cake itself, along with their other desserts are delicious! I just could not recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/13/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Gluten Free, Kosher, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet

Steve and Linda were very nice, despite the fact that my husband and I were accidentally very late to our tasting appointment. They were flexible and accommodating. Our tasting was delicious. Within a short amount of time, Steve and Linda helped us decide which flavor combos to use for our cake. Linda took pictures of cake designs that my husband and I were interested in... She made our ideas come true. We had a beautiful 3 -tiered cake with purple sugar roses coming down the side. Our fudge and Bailey Irish cream fillings were out of this world! ALL of the desserts that we had for our dessert bar were FANTASTIC. The guests could not stop talking about the desserts.

Our cake and dessert bar were included in our wedding package at the YCC. Everything was beautiful and delicious. We love the fact that Linda and Steve include a complimentary anniversary cake.. We can't wait for that next year. We did, however, think that the sugar roses on our cake should not have been an additional $30. That was our only negative.

Profile Picture Jolene, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our wedding cake from Signature Desserts! They made the whole process easy from beginning to end, and I honestly never stressed over it. They have a large variety flavors, style and sizes. They also have other options including packages for different cakes, pies, tarts, and pastries to serve along with your wedding cake. We had a ton of compliments on both the decor of the cake, and taste of all of the desserts. We couldn't be happier with Signature Desserts.

Profile Picture Kristy, 7/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries, Fresh Fruit, Local

What can I say besides AMAZING!! They were so wonderful to work with. Pricing was great and our cake turned out beautiful!! Not only did it look nice but it TASTED amazing! We got so many compliments. I would highly recommend!

Thank you very much!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Signature Desserts is wonderful!! Linda is so fun to work with during the design process and they make the planning stress-free. We received an entire cake for our tasting, plus cookies, and get to go back on our one year anniversary for another cake! We had such a great time at both appointments. On the day of the wedding, we were SO happy with how the cake turned out. It was perfect and was even better than we could have imagined. Highly recommended! :)

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/8/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet, Fresh Fruit, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Signature Dessert helped us achieve our perfect wedding cake with a taste that was out of this world. We love burnt almond torte but were not sure how well this would go over for a wedding cake. After meeting with Linda and her husband, our decision was easy for the wedding cake. However, it was so difficult to choose the other desserts we wanted at the wedding as everything was so delicious! Each cake, torte, cookie, and pastry tastes like it's fresh from your grandmother's kitchen. They were professional, down to earth, and very knowledgeable. We never once had to worry while planning our wedding or the day of. Our cake was delivered, assembled, and decorated in a timely manner and looked amazing. I cannot wait to go back for our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Local, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet, Pastries

Signature Desserts was extraordinary! The package we picked included a three tiered cake, five pies, and dozens of cookies. Everyone loved our dessert table and were so happy we provided to-go containers so that they could take some home. Our cake turned out EXACTLY how we envisioned. We couldn't be happier with this bakery! Plus you get a new cake for your first year anniversary, so you do not have to save the top tier (bonus!).

Profile Picture Shauna , 10/17/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved working with Signature Desserts. My family has gotten desserts from here for years, so it was a high choice for our cake. We enjoyed working with everyone there, always so welcoming whenever we went in. We had two different fillings in our cakes, and everyone loved it. They offered so many helpful ideas and hints for different things!

Profile Picture Tina, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews

Wedding Date: 9/5/15

I highly recommend Signature Desserts for any event, but especially for a wedding. The cake was delicious and beautiful. Linda worked with my fiance and I to design a perfect mix of our styles together (because it didn't seem like we could agree on anything when it came to the cake!) We had a very specific flavor that we wanted, and Signature Desserts worked with us and went out of their way to provide the cake of our dreams. We also had chocolate dipped strawberries (designed to look like tuxedos and bridal gowns!) on the head table for the party. And they provided a full dessert bar with cakes, pies, cookies, cheesecakes, the works. Everything was delicious and I got so many comments on the cake. You will not be disappointed with Signature Desserts!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/5/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was both beautiful and delicious!! The company was great to work with. The cake turned out exactly like my daughter wanted it to. My guest truly enjoyed the dessert bar they offered which gave everyone options. There was a line at the table all night. Would use them again and again!

Profile Picture Bridget, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Signature Desserts supplied the wedding cake and other desserts for our wedding at the Youghiogheny Country Club. We had a great time at our tasting/design session, which was really casual but also informative, and the team took the time to incorporate a design from our invitations into the piping on the cake! We tried several flavors and settled on a great combination, along with 5 other full-size desserts for our guests to choose from! They were cut and displayed beautifully for dinner, and we had delicious, enormous tuxedo strawberries in the bridal party suite during cocktail hour. Instead of having to freeze the top tier and hope it doesn't taste like cardboard in a year, we'll get a freshly made tier in the same flavors as part of our package! We're already looking forward to it.

Profile Picture Erin, 9/5/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were beyond happy the we used Signature Desserts for our wedding. The variety of desserts was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I am still getting compliments on our dessert spread. We opted to do the three tier wedding cake and a dessert buffet. We had more than enough cake to feed everyone, but also had cheeses cakes, pies, and cookies. Everyone, even our pickiest of eaters, had an option to enjoy. Linda and her husband work perfectly together as a team. All the meetings that I had with Linda were never rushed, questions were answered properly, and her expertise came into play. One of my most favorite parts about choosing signature desserts was the day we got to go in and design our wedding cake. At first, I thought I would just go in and show Linda a picture of the cake I wanted and be done........I thought wrong!! We had too much fun going through hundreds of wedding cake pictures picking and choosing what we liked and what we didn't to design our own perfect custom cake. It was SO fun!! Overall, I would recommend signature deserts for any occasion, but especially for wedding desserts.

Profile Picture Kasey, 9/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Signature Desserts for wedding cakes and desserts. They worked with us to pick the perfect filling and the perfect design. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted and she spent the time to organize my ideas and design the perfect cake. Not only was the 4 tier cake beautiful, it was delicious!!! They also provided a dessert bar for our wedding, which was a hit and were all so delicious too!

Profile Picture Leah, 8/22/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was part of a package from our reception site and I was concerned that because we were not necessarily paying them we would not get good services - I was completely wrong. The attention to detail was fantastic. Love the fact that they will make us our top layer of our wedding cake for our year anniversary.

Profile Picture Melanie, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The wedding cake Signature Desserts was magnificent. It was beautifully decorated and very tasty. We also very much appreciated the tasting process. We got a whole cake to ourselves (me, fiancee, and my mother) with any flavor we wanted to taste to the side and got to take home the extras. We are also very excited about getting a fresh cake for our 1 year anniversary.

Profile Picture User5557515, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Gluten Free, Fresh Fruit

Signature Desserts was recommended to us by my sister in law and we're so glad she did! We didn't need to look anywhere else. Despite a long day of meeting with couples, Linda was very kind and patient with us as her last clients of the day. Our cake looked and (more importantly) tasted amazing! They were even able to incorporate my homemade cake topper! We got the cupcake package which went over well, especially with the kids! We couldn't be happier about our choice of using Signature Desserts for our wedding cake and we're looking forward to our anniversary cake next year!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Dana, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Mm, mm, mm. I was convinced I was going to get my wedding cake from a different bakery in Pittsburgh until we had a tasting with Linda at Signature and learned not only how delicious her cakes are but also what a great value! Her packages are significantly cheaper than other bakeries we had looked at but with some additional perks. First, we loved the fact that we got to design our own wedding cake from scratch rather than picking a generic style from pre-selected designs. Also, she includes two fillings with no extra charge, while many bakeries charge for fillings. When we met with her to design our cake, she was excellent at listening to what we wanted and then adding her professional opinion to make our dream cake even better. Furthermore, she makes the cake big enough to give your guests a REAL wedge of cake rather than the small slivers that so many bakeries are trying to pass off as a 'slice' these days. Finally, she includes a fresh anniversary cake on your first anniversary so that you can enjoy the experience again without freezer burn. Our cake was everything was everything we wanted it to be, and we got MANY compliments from our guests on its beauty and deliciousness.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Signature Desserts made our cake tasting and selection fun and easy. They were part of the wedding package at Crowne Plaza and I'm so happy they were! They couldn't have selected a better bakery to partner with. We shopped around too just to make sure we were happy with their selection and the taste and without a doubt we would have picked Signature Desserts regardless of the connection to our venue. They were such nice people to work with and we were so happy with how our cake turned out! The design is exactly what I had asked for and it was so beautiful! We picked a fun flavor combo of cookies n cream and raspberry filling and our guests just LOVED it. For fear that we would not get a chance to eat at the wedding we requested that 2 pieces of cake be sent to our hotel room. Best post-wedding breakfast ever. It stayed fresh and was so good! We paid for the package that includes additional cakes at our dessert table too. Everyone loved the variety of options and each one I tasted was beyond delicious. I loved working with Signature and am so happy with how our cake turned out!

View Vendor Response