SidebySide Cinema Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Jay

Jay · Married on 08/25/2018

Hire Them Now!

Hiring Danielle and Jared was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding: they were creative in their filming approach, collaborated well with our photographers, and were communicative and accommodating throughout the entire editing process. They were amazing to collaborate with and delivered exceptional work for our wedding. We would wholeheartedly recommend them if you're looking for wedding videographers who are professional, fun, and a pleasure to work with. You'd have a hard time finding anyone better than them. Thanks Danielle and Jared!

Helen · Married on 11/04/2017

I absolutely recommend this husband and wife team!!! We booked SidebySide for our wedding. From the get-go Jared and Danielle were organized, professional, detailed, and an ABSOLUTE pleasure to work with. And in the end the edited videos met my extremely high (aka picky) standards. Danielle was always responsive even when I was not. She kept me on track, and did not bother us with additional/unnecessary questions like some other vendors did. The video came out exactly how I imagined it would, and they went above and beyond to package the final thumb drive nicely in a wrapped package with a personal note. They did not nickel and dime us. They were accommodating in so many ways. They even drove me to the ceremony (because the rest of my wedding party was running late)! They were honestly the best vendors at our wedding. (Danielle and Jared: In case you were wondering, you were the ONLY vendors we offered shots to because we loved you guys!) And they are a very affordable price. I highly highly recommend them. And in the end, the video spoke the loudest. What you see in their portfolio is exactly what you should expect to receive: just BEAUTIFUL work. I wish there was a way to give them more props. I love love loved them! I hope to get to use them again soon.

Helen · Married on 10/14/2017

Cheryl · Married on 09/23/2017

We are so thankful that we decided to have Danielle and Jared of Side by Side Cinema with us on our big day. We went back and forth on videography but knew it would be worth it and it absolutely was....we received our videos in the mail this weekend and were AMAZED with what they put together for us. We can't thank them enough for capturing our most special moments and allowing us to experience it all over again. It was a pleasure to work with both of them and we would recommend them to anyone!

Denise · Married on 09/15/2017

Such a fun couple to work with! They make you feel super comfortable right off the bat which makes it easy for you and your partner to show the real you on such a special day.

Kristina · Married on 09/02/2017

Danielle and Jared are amazing. We couldn't even decide if we wanted a wedding video. I am so happy we were able to meet Danielle and Jared and had them as a part of our special day. The video is incredible and they were so fun to work with. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Jinwen · Married on 08/11/2017

Jared and Danielle of SidebySide Cinema were amazing to work with! We were referred to them by our DJ, who spoke highly of their work and even used them for his own promotional video. As we watched sample wedding videos from a few videographers, it was evident that we loved their style of storytelling the most! On the day of the wedding, Jared and Danielle were both so friendly and our bridal party loved them! We took a while choosing the songs we wanted for our wedding videos, but they were super patient with us. We recently received the films and absolutely loved all of it! We had so much fun at the wedding that we wanted to do it over again, and watching the videos allowed us to relive all the fun and excitement again! We received a ton of compliments from friends and family on how the videos turned out. We would recommend SidebySide Cinema to any couple searching for a videographer for their wedding!

Sarah · Married on 07/08/2017

Danielle and Jared are absolutely amazing!! They captured every moment and detail of our wedding day perfectly, and created the most beautiful films for us! We just received our films and cannot stop watching - they did an AMAZING job! We cannot thank them enough! They are both so easy going and fun to work with, and put my husband and I both at ease in front of the camera on our wedding day just by being themselves. It was like working with old friends! Their talent is way beyond incredible, and you absolutely should hire SidebySide Cinema!

Sarah & Antoney

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2017

I can’t even begin to express how well SidebySide Cinema captured our wedding day on film and on top of that, the pleasure it was to work with them. Not only were Jared & Danielle flexible enough to accommodate our timeline without ever making us feel rushed, but they worked so well with our photographer. They were both seemingly always in the right place at the right time to capture the most candid and heartfelt moments of our wedding. And to top it all off, Danielle & Jared had this effortless air about them that made it all look easy.

As if we didn’t already love SidebySide after the wedding, we were absolutely blown away when we received our videos! Everything was A+, from the top-notch quality of every single shot to the way they seamlessly edited it all together to tell a story that truly embodies how we felt and the way we always want to remember our wedding. SidebySide Cinema was indispensable in making our wedding a once-in-a-lifetime, overwhelmingly enchanting, all-around awesome memory that we’ll cherish forever.

Jacqueline · Married on 11/04/2016

Danielle & Jared of Side by Side Cinema were amazing to work with and the quality of my videos has me watching them frequently. I planned my wedding from Texas and our venue was the La Jolla Shores Hotel. It was challenging to choose vendors from so far away but not with Side by Side. The quality of their work speaks for itself. They outrank every videographer's work I've ever seen. After watching just one of their videos the decision was made for me. I am so happy and thankful to have been able to use Side by Side Cinema for my La Jolla wedding and would recommend them to anyone. You will not be disappointed with Side by Side Cinema! Thank you again to Danielle, Jared and Side By Side Cinema!

Nataly · Married on 10/16/2016

Sidebyside was our first choice for videography, and good thing I booked them well in advance of the big day, since I heard Oct was a busy month for weddings. Their pricing is competitive, but their video quality and filming professionalism is top notch.

I wanted to save the proper review for after the final product is out...We recently got the film back for our wedding out in Temecula...It turned out so great ! We were so lucky and blessed with good weather on our wedding day, and our venue (Villa de Amore) just looked so special and gorgeous on film. Jared and Danielle were amazing to work with, they showed up early to film at the house we were getting ready at. They even accommodated our requests to film a short tea ceremony we did with family, before our actual ceremony with all the guests. The music and captured moments were so great...and the video was fun to watch, especially the detailed shots of the decor, flowers, wedding attire and the like. With our package, we even got the blooper/funny moments reel. It really is like reliving your special day all over again! Thank you so much and I highly recommend their service :).

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2016

Jared and Danielle did such an amazing job with everything! They're a great team and it shows in the products they put out. I was absolutely blown away by our video and I cannot stop watching it. Everything is so beautifully shot and everything that I wanted to include was in there. They were always responsive with emails and calls, and I appreciated their professionalism. I would highly recommend using them your wedding.

• julie

julie · Married on 09/06/2015

We LOVED Jared and Danielle! We knew a few people that used them for their wedding and they went above and beyond our expectations. During the first look we were both so nervous and excited to see each other but they both made the situation easy and comfortable. They were professional, friendly, and so much fun to be around. We can't wait to see our videos!! I definitely recommend using this amazing talented team! Thanks for everything!!

Kathleen · Married on 07/25/2015

Jared and Danielle do truly amazing work! My husband and I watch our film almost weekly. They captured the essence of the day and it is so professionally done. They were super easy to communicate with before the wedding, very professional and great to work with the day of the wedding and then the finished product is really priceless! I cant say enough positive things about this team!!! I would use them over and over!

Jocelyn · Married on 07/17/2015

If you're on the fence about having a videographer at your wedding, definitely go for it!

Jared and Danielle are amazingly talented at what they do, and they're a ton of fun! They were respectful of our photographers, but also assertive - they made sure to get the shots they wanted and it shows. They captured elements of our wedding I didn't even know were happening, and after watching our highlight videos I immediately requested the raw footage (and extra DVDs for our parents). I highly recommend just buying everything they have up front. It's well worth it, and their rates are incredibly reasonable. Bonus points, they list all their pricing on their site, which was so refreshing while I was hunting down rates from other vendors.

Brittany · Married on 07/03/2015

Best money spent on our wedding!!! We had exhausted our budget and put off videography towards the end of planning. After talking to family and friends, they told us it's so different having the wedding on film to look back on....they were soooo right! At your wedding, you get pulled in so many directions and there are so many events happening through out that you don't get to see all of the details or special moments that happen around you. SidebySide returned our video only a month after our BIG day and we had the opportunity to watch all of the footage video after our honeymoon. It was like reliving it on film!!! They did an incredible job capturing all of the details...my family thought our highlight reel was a trailer for a show...yes it's that great! They pay attention to every detail, all the way down to the packaging they send the DVDs in. Even the DVD menu incorporated the live music played at our wedding. Their personal touches are incredible!!! Highly recommend!!

Sally · Married on 10/18/2014

I definitely recommend that every wedding hires a videographer and it should be SidebySide Cinema! It was the best decision we made. Getting your photos back is great and all, but when you get the video, it's even better. You get to relive it all over again and that is priceless. My husband and I have watched it on our anniversary and anytime we feel like reliving that amazing day. Jared and Danielle are so sweet and make you feel comfortable. They're professional and reliable as well. Go with sidebyside and you won't regret it.

Danielle and Jared were wonderful! They were able to work independently, but were still flexible enough to honor our requests, which was helpful to us, as we didn't exactly feel comfortable in front of the camera. We loved the variety of options that were offered with video lengths, which made sharing our day easy, depending on the audience. There seemed to be the perfect video length for any situation. Sidebyside really did capture our wedding beautifully, and we love having a wedding video we actually want to watch!

• I

Iris · Married on 03/01/2014

As full time Wedding Photographers and Wedding Cinematographers ourselves, we are very picky with whom we would hire to capture our wedding day. We chose to hire Side by Side Cinema for our wedding cinematography needs and couldn't have made a better decision. We were looking for real professional STORYTELLERS. (something that you only find in 10% in all of the wedding cinematography industry)

Our wedding day at the Hotel Palomar was a disaster with so many things going wrong PRIOR to, the DAY OF and AFTER the wedding (ALL from hotel staff ONLY and NOT any of our external wedding day vendors: Coordinator, Photographers, Cinematographers, Florist, Lighting, etc... ). Additionally, it was the biggest storm in San Diego in years which affected our locations for photography and cinematography. Regardless of the negative external factors which made the day rough, Jared and Danielle captured all the MOMENTS and OUR STORY so PERFECTLY!

I can go on and on and ramble about how professional, dedicated, passionate, friendly, talented, educated, skilled, etc..etc..etc.. that Jared and Danielle are... but in all honesty, it doesn't do me any justice with this review to explain how forever grateful and happy my wife and I are with their storytelling, work, and service. You would have to go meet with and hire them yourselves to experience the same joy and assurance we have had throughout the whole process with Jared and Danielle.

Side by Side Cinema will always be amongst the elite wedding filmmakers in the industry in our eyes and we are excited to see what's in store for them in the future!

Thank you so much Jared and Danielle of Side by Side Cinema! You guys are the best!

Sahar · Married on 08/10/2013

Danielle and Jared are the most talented videographers in Southern California! We were so picky about who to pick and thanks to San Diego A list , they were rated #1 and I'm sure this year they are #1 as well!
    If you want to invest for the video of your big day you should definitely contact side by side! :-)

Lacey · Married on 06/15/2013

Side by Side Cinema was awesome. They make you incredibly comfortable in front of the lens and at no time does it feel obtrusive or like you’re being forced into infomercial-like testimonials! We felt that they were conspicuous when they needed to be to get the right shot, but disappeared into the background when appropriate. They are absolutely well worth the investment. You only get one shot at the best video.

Shaunna · Married on 04/27/2013

SidebySide is amazing! We were recommended by 2 of my bridesmaids to use them as they were the videographers for their weddings. Both Danielle & Jared are so friendly, professional and just knew how to make our families, bridal party and us (the bride & groom) feel extremely comfortable. Before the big day we went through with them things that were important to us... and they captured all of it. We went with a package that gave us a 20 minute video of all the highlights plus we got the entire ceremony and all important events during the reception. The videos we received are perfect... the flow of the video, the quality of the camera angles and all the important things we wanted to see were captured. we have now been married almost a year and have at least watched the video probably 30x... each time it puts a smile on our faces and helps us relive our favorite day. I would highly recommend SidebySide to couple looking for a quality videographer! Thank you Danielle & Jared! -

Brandee · Married on 04/13/2013

They are simply the BEST! You will not be disappointed in booking them. I've had several people come to me and say it was the best wedding video they have ever seen. Once a stranger to me (friend of my aunt) came up to me at a restaurant and started crying talking about it to me. She was so moved by our wedding and was so blessed that my aunt (thank goodness she threw that one in there) had sent it to her. They are great and amazing people plus the same at what they do! It is worth every penny!!

Luis · Married on 01/26/2013

Jared and Danielle were beyond amazing! The definition of professionalism and highest quality. If anybody wants to capture one of their most important moments of their lives, there is no better option to take.
    Not only is their work top notch, but as people they are some of the most kind, easy-going, fun people we've ever had the pleasure to work with. You feel and see the passion they have in their work, and that's so rare to find nowadays.
    Even after my now wife and I won 50% off another videographers service at a bridal bazaar, there was just no way we were going to settle and not go with the best of the best in Jared and Danielle. Easily one of our best decisions we made for our wedding!
    To anyone looking or trying to decide on a videographer for their special moments, stop your search at SidebySide Cinema, there's no one better and I am certain you will not be disappointed!
    Once again, thank you so much Jared and Danielle! I couldn't have dreamed the work you did for us any other way.

Natalie · Married on 09/15/2012

Hiring a videographer was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. While I absolutely love looking through my pictures, I also truly enjoy being able to relive the excitement of the day through be watching our actions, hearing our vows, and listening to the toasts.

The decision to hire Jared and Danielle was an easy one. Their portfolio showed a a good mix of creativity and timelessness. What stood out to me was the quality of the video. I knew we would be able to pull out the video years from now and still admire the quality of the work.

Aside from the quality of their work, Jared and Danielle are just good people. I enjoyed working with them and getting know them. They we are always quick to answer my questions and easy any concerns I have.

I truly love our video and would recommend SidebySide to anyone looking for a videographer.