Shy Heart Studios Reviews

20 | Tustin, CA

20 Reviews for Shy Heart Studios

Amanda Todd · Married on 09/07/2019

Engagement Pictures and Wedding

We used Cara for our engagement session and for our wedding and she was absolutely amazing

Sent on 09/19/2019

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thanks so much Amanda! We love getting this kind of feedback from our clients. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed Cara!
  • Claudia

Claudia Brodie · Married on 04/05/2019

Picture Perfect

From engagement photos taken at Mission San Juan Capistrano to wedding photos taken at Wedgewood Sierra La Verne Country Club, Cara and her assistant, Rachel, did a spectacular job of capturing the essence of my daughter and her husband, as well as their beautiful celebratory events. I am still in shock that the wedding photos, all 1,004 of them, were delivered in THREE WEEKS time. All I can say is that I am having a terrible time whittling down my wedding "album" selection. I'm now down to just over 500 that I can't live without...... yes, they are THAT good, and I don't know how I'm going to pare it down even further to a manageable amount. The color and quality of each photograph is superlative. What I particularly love is how they take the same photo and offer it in color and again, in black and white... and they also offer a close-up and then, one from a further away vantage. Really cool how they do that. I love the options. As I stated, I'm having a tough time because the photos are sooooooo good. I can't wait to see my daughter and son-in-law's album that they put together.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Jill · Married on 06/23/2018

Perfect match!

I am the Mother of the Bride and our daughter was married in April at Ponte Winery in Temecula. She and her (now husband!) live in NYC so the wedding planning process was a bit tricky. We both read all reviews, and looked through photos but we then made our final decisions based on my personal interaction with our vendors. I cannot say enough about Brianna and her beautiful photography skills, #1...but then her warm friendly and welcoming personality sealed the deal for us.

When our daughter and soon to be son-in-law were here for the holidays, they met with Brianna for their engagement photo session and to get a feel for how they would work together. They came home giving rave reviews about their interaction, her personality and how they felt it was just the right fit for them as well. The engagement photos were amazing! (Mom relieved)

As the time grew closer to the wedding, she took the time to answer all of our many questions making us feel as though we were the most important client, planned and discussed timelines, and took into account what was meaningful for us to have as keepsake memories with the photos. Wedding Day: On time, personality on high energy mode. She was in every place at every minute to capture every beautiful moment......Her creativity soared to find beautiful settings for a gorgeous outcome. Areas I had never seen photographed at the venue.

Fast forward to receiving all of the photos. They are absolutely beautiful. Flawless. Amazing. The happiness that the bride and groom were feeling, the fun the wedding party was having, the joy the family was experiencing and the overall celebration by guests was captured by her lens and the passion she has for what she does. Thank you Brianna!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Diana · Married on 06/11/2018

We are EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to the WEDGEWOOD STAFF (ALEX-wedding coordinator, YESENIA-reception coordinator, and VINCENT) and DJ (JON CRANE) and Shy Heart Studios Photographer (SARAH KING) for their flexibility, understanding, and patience. Due to unforeseen circumstances, our wedding started about 1.5 hours late. We appreciate the quick action of our Wedgewood staff and vendors to rearrange our timeline to make sure our guests were comfortable by opening up the cocktail hour first, rather than starting with the ceremony. Though this is not traditional, many of our guests commented how they liked starting the wedding with the cocktail hour which allowed them to mingle and get to know one another before the ceremony.

During the reception, the Wedgewood staff, Jon and Sarah were very attentive to us and our guests. Keeping us posted on the modified timeline and making sure that we all had what we needed.

We decided to skip the engagement photo session so we met SARAH KING (Shy Heart Studios Photographer) on the day of our wedding. Prior to our wedding day, we had spoken to Sarah on the phone to coordinate the logistics and wedding day timeline.

Though we didn’t met Sarah beforehand, we felt comfortable photographing with her. Her easy-going and calm demeanor quickly made us feel at ease.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for making our wedding simply perfect!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Cindy · Married on 02/18/2018

Shy Heart Studios was so great to work with! We booked their Charming Collection for our wedding, which included a free engagement photo session. Prior to our session, we had a quick call with our assigned photographer, Elaine, to get to know each other.

I also didn’t know where would be a good place for photos. I told Elaine, I wanted to go somewhere beachy but also had nature scenery nearby so we could have a few different looks to choose from. Elaine suggested the perfect place for us! A small local beach that had a sand side, a rock side, a beautiful big cave/mountain background, and a nearby lush green field. And I was happy she listened to my initial request and made sure we made the most of our time and got shots in front of all the different scenic backgrounds. I also thought it was a really great way to meet, since she would also be photographing our wedding too.

We’re not models, so posing for couple pictures didn’t come natural to us, but Elaine was really good about making us feel comfortable and positioning us and getting the most flattering angles. She’s a true professional!

Prior to our wedding date, we had another call to go over the wedding day timeline and shots. I’m really happy we did this to make sure we were all aligned. On the wedding day, she spent nearly the whole day with us. She got all the shots I wanted and more! And their turnaround time is really quick! We got our final wedding photos in about a week! I’m so grateful to Shy Heart Studios for capturing all of the special moments from my wedding. Elaine is the absolute best!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Desiree · Married on 05/20/2017

Thank you Shy Heart Studios for helping us capture one of the best days of our lives. I remember it was easy to communicate back and forth during the planning phase. We met our photographers the day of the wedding; Brianna was my main photographer and she was so nice, calm, patient and professional; she knew how to instruct us how to pose nicely for our wedding photos, which turned out great! Also, both of our Shy Heart Studios photographers worked well with my outside vendor Videographer. Everything went well and our photos were up faster than I expected! Thanks girls!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Desiree! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a beautiful review. I'm so happy to hear that you were so happy with us. We truly enjoyed being a part of your day. Thank you again!

Amazing work! Love working with Lauren

Sent on 11/24/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome 5 star review!! We are thrilled to know that you were happy with your experience with Lauren and will happily share this review with her. THANK YOU!

Soraya · Married on 10/15/2016

The Shy Heart Studios team is extremely professional and friendly, all the while making you very comfortable during photo sessions. During our engagement and wedding, we could not help but think that we made the absolutely perfect choice. Our pictures look candid, and captured genuine moments of happiness. Additionally, their use of natural lighting makes the photos shine. Thank you, Shy Heart Studios, for capturing the most special day of our lives, and helping us convey, in photos, the true bliss we felt that day. :-)

Sent on 12/21/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you SO much Soraya!! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you, Marc and your families. We are beyond thrilled to know how happy you are with your photos. Thank you for taking the time to let us know!! Wishing you all the best always!

ana · Married on 10/09/2016

We loved our photographer. I communicated with her what we were looking for and she went with it and would give us feedback when she thought it wasn't a good idea or didn't look good which made the process so much better. We both felt super comfortable in front of our photographer. We loved the honesty of our photographer. We also loved how the communication worked. The emails and calls were made within 24 hours; I never felt ignored.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you SO much for this awesome review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. These kind of notes absolutely make our day. THANK YOU!

Katharyne · Married on 10/08/2016

Shy Hearts Studio was a pleasure to work with! Very professional, but also fun and friendly and easy to work with. Our photographers had great personalities and were great at keeping the mood light so we could get past any nerves. They got every shot we asked for and we got our pictures back very quickly.

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Katharyne - thank you SO much for this beautiful review. I will be sharing this with your photographers. It was truly a pleasure working with you, and we appreciate you taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know!
  • Salvador H

Salvador H · Married on 10/08/2016

My wife and I are VERY pleased to select Shy Heart Studios for our photographer for our wedding. Our photographer, Ms. Elaine King was amazing, She has a strong sense of leadership role and she will make sure that everyone stood out in the picture. She is well organized and made sure she captured every precious moment. We will highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Salvador, thank you so much for this beautiful review!! Elaine absolutely loved working with you both. Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review for our studio - we will make sure Elaine reads it too!

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2016

Shy Heart Studios is AMAZING! Brianna took our engagement photos and our wedding day pictures. She edited and emailed photos back VERY quickly! She was great with my daughter that is 5 and made everyone feel very comfortable. She has an artistic eye for photography and captured some really beautiful moments. I couldn't be happier with choosing to work with Shy Heart Studios and would highly recommend Brianna!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you SO much Michelle!! We are so thrilled to know how happy you were with Brianna and with our company as a whole. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review - and a beautiful one at that!

Cora · Married on 06/24/2016

I love the work done by Shy Heart Studios! My wedding pictures turned out amazing!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you Cora!! We loved working with you!

I had my wedding at Wedgewood at the Retreat and Shy Hearts was one of the photography options. I chose them because I liked their packages and prices. Brianna, the owner, did our engagement session and she was so fun to work with! My then fiance and I actually showed up that morning mad at each other and we warned her and she got us laughing and having a good time. My now husband hates his picture taken but he was very comfortable with her. The customer service was great and the photos are even better! I was so happy with our photos I love them all. If you're having your wedding at a Wedgewood location I recommend using Shy Heart since they know most venues very well and know where to get great photos. They also know the planners and it's just overall a great team to work with!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review for us!! I'm so glad we changed your husbands view of being photographed! You guys were so fun to work with and your wedding was perfect!!! Thank you again :)

Valerie · Married on 01/09/2016

I was recently married at Wedgewood Upland Hills on January 9, 2016. Cara from Shyheart studios was our wonderful photographer. Shy Heart was the preferred vendor at our venue, and I went with them because I wanted someone who knew the venue well. It was such a great decision. Cara was nice, kind, upbeat and super easy to work with. She made taking our "romantics" easy and fun. My husband hates photos, but Cara was so organized and guided us easily through all of the poses neither of us had to even think about what to do and he didn't complain once about the process. :) She took lovely photos and really captured the essence of our special day. It was cloudy outside, yet all of our pictures are still bright and vibrant. Cara easily navigated the chaos of all of our guests and family as well :) I can't stop looking at our photos!

The pre-planning process was also very easy and thorough. I really appreciated all of their attention to detail and it shows in our photographs.

Sent on 01/29/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Valerie, Thank you so much for taking the time to make us all feel so wonderful about what we do. Thank you for your beautiful words about Cara, it makes us even more proud to have her on our team. We are so happy that we were able to take such good care of you leading up to, and on the most important day of your life. Congratulations!

Pai · Married on 12/06/2015

Shy Heart Studios was our photographers for our wedding on December 6th and we really liked working with them. They were very professional and communicated well with our needs. Elaine, our photographer, called periodically to check in with things. She was very patient with things and commanded presence as a photographer.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Pai! Thank you so much for this kind review. Elaine had a wonderful time working with you and made some amazing images! We are so happy you chose our team for your big day and are so very grateful for this beautiful review. Best wishes to you and David!

Kimberly · Married on 05/04/2016

Coming up with ideas for engagement photos and the wedding shots that you want will be key so it doesn't put you behind in your schedule for the wedding.

Sent on 12/24/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review Kimberly! Just as a side note to any and all of our current and future clients - all of our photographers are fantastic at posing and directly in a quick and timely manner. Having ideas for photos is never something that the photographers are lacking, nor is it something that runs us behind schedule. We encourage our clients to complete our pre-wedding worksheet for unique or special group photos that they want, including family photos! These are segments that sometimes run behind if family is unaware that they need to stick around for formal photos. So this is definitely a great tip for future clients: think carefully about groupings that you may want so that your photographer may use your time as effectively as possible! :)

Meg · Married on 10/02/2016

Very professional and responsible. We received all our wedding pictures within about week and fast doesn't mean low quality. All our pictures we received are satisfactory. One thing I really appreciate is that our photographer and assistant knew what they are doing and were familiar with the venue. with very limited time we completed all the pictures in the scene we wanted. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Their wedding packages are really reasonable. The personalized service we received is excellent. The photographers take the time to get to know you before your big event, which is our wedding by having an engagement photo shoot. Highly pleased so far.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for this review!! We love to hear how happy our clients are with our level of customer service and professionalism. Building relationships with our clients and making sure they have what they need and get everything they expect and more out of their wedding photography is our number one priority. I am SO glad you are pleased so far.

I noticed that you gave us 4 on value and flexibility. If there is anything additional we can do to make you even happier with the value of work we provide you and the flexibility - please let us know at info@shyheartstudios.com. We would love the opportunity to earn 5 out of 5 with you in these categories! :)

Pilar · Married on 10/14/2016

3.0

This vendor is great in many ways. My wedding was done through a Wedgewood property and the coordination between the team (vendors and venue) was fabulous and made the day go smoothly. Shy Heart was recommended to me by Wedgewood. Overall, they were great to work with, very pleasant and my photographer was an absolute sweetheart. I would highly recommend them. My only comment would be that you should be ready to throw out ideas about creative photo poses. They are very accommodating for your requests, but the photographer I had did not have a ton of ideas. I would say it was an overall positive experience

Shy Heart Studios's reply:

Hi Pilar! Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad that you had an overall positive experience with our team. Thank you for the feedback about more variety in posing. You have inspired us to do some team workshops so that our photographers can get more ideas and offer more direction to our clients. We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review!