Shutter Sam Photography Reviews

10 | Grand Rapids, MI

10 Reviews for Shutter Sam Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Alison · Married on 10/10/2015

It was an absolute honor to have Shutter Sam Photography capture our wedding in images. Sam is a unique and talented photographer. I love the way she sees the world. Sam is also very easy personable and funny. My husband hates having his picture taken, but he LOVED being photographed by Sam. That is saying something! I would recommend Shutter Sam to any one. I hope I can work with her again some day soon!
    -Alison Gass

Sent on 10/13/2015

Jenny · Married on 09/12/2015

Sam is so creative and has such amazing energy. I felt like our pictures looked like editorials. They had such an artistic element to them. She capture the day, our love, our friends and families personalities just perfectly and dealt with a few high stress situations like a champ. I am SO glad I brought her on board for my wedding and can't imagine have a better photographer capture the day!!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Laura · Married on 06/23/2012

Sam was amazing from the start. She made it a priority to understand us as a couple and make our story the focus of the photographs she took. The pictures are absolutely stunning and speak exactly to the Big Day. She captured all of the special moments between us in such an inconspicuous way that I felt like I didn't see her the whole night... but she was there, and she got all of it on film. My only regret is that we were so busy throughout the day I didn't get to spend more time just talking to her... Sam has such a big heart and lovely disposition, she put us at ease and felt like a friend from the first time we met with her. She was a complete joy to work with, and understands brides, grooms, and the complicated nature of putting together a wedding. Above all else, it needs to be said that Sam took these two camera-shy people, and made us feel completely at ease and beautiful in front of the camera. I would recommend her to any and everyone!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Tracy · Married on 07/10/2010

Sam was a dream to work with, I couldn't imagine any other photographer taking our pictures on our wedding day! She was so easy to work with because she has a bubbly personality and instantly makes you feel comfortable, and it feels like you've known her for years.
    Our engagement photos turned out amazing and we got so many compliments on them that I can't wait to see what she's done with the wedding photos!
    I would recommend Sam to anyone who needed a photographer for their wedding, she does an amazing job & always asks for your input as well!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Anne · Married on 07/11/2009

Samantha is incredibly talented, and I could not be happier that we hired her as our photographer. Our photos turned out beautifully!

Sam was very responsive, and receptive to all of my ideas, and she was a ton of fun the day of. She made my husband comfortable in front of the camera, which is huge (he hates having his picture taken)! I can't express how thrilled I am. Photos are the one thing that will last forever from your wedding, and ours are fabulous!

We will definitely be using Samantha again for family photos when that time comes.

Sent on 07/22/2009

Tanya · Married on 12/27/2008

Sam was phenomenal. After looking at her work online, I knew that her photos of our day would be spectacular and just our style so we booked her. 10 months later our wedding day arrived and when we saw the proofs we were blown away. They are simply stunning. I agree with our friends and family who have said that she has a true talent for capturing the magic, the essence of emotion on film. All the while making it fun and relaxed. Sam is a vendor that listens to your concerns, works with you throughout the entire process and offers professional opinions when asked that suit indivisual scenarios. My husband and I have found our family photographer and can't wait to have children so we can see Sam again!

Sent on 01/29/2009

Emily · Married on 07/26/2008

Sam is wonderful! She does excellent work and I could not and would not pass her up to capture another special event in my life!

Sent on 09/16/2008

Jacquie · Married on 06/28/2008

Sam was absolutely phenomenal & I would recommend her to anyone! She made my day perfect and caught every moment for me!

Sent on 09/13/2008

Shelby · Married on 06/20/2009

Samantha did a fantastic job with our pictures and we are so so happy with the final result. I think she could be a little more focused with some of the pictures (there are some final pictures where my eyes are half closed, and we arent centered for the chapel pictures, but when focused in that probably wont matter anyways,) but I think that will come with more time taking pictures and as she progresses to a full time business.

The turn around time was 2 weeks, so you cant beat that and Samantha was very accommodating and willing to roll with the punches. There were a couple detail shots that got missed but that was mostly my fault for being lazy and not providing a "must take" list. We had tons of details so I dont blame her for not getting all of them.

We love our pictures and were blessed to have worked with Sam- she took us on when another photographer couldn't take our photos for personal reasons and we were very glad that we had her- they say everything happens for a reason and I think that reason was so that we could have Samantha. She was willing to go with all our crazy ideas and climbed in and out of the car about a million times during the day. If you are looking for a great photojournalistic photographer go with her- she is worth every penny.

Sent on 07/09/2009

Ashley · Married on 08/16/2008

4.2

Sam is full of energy and fun ideas. We have worked with her before and would definitely go back.

Sent on 09/13/2008