Shut Down Productions Reviews

Shut Down Productions 7
  • Sonya

Sonya Frick/fisher · Married on 06/09/2019

Wedding 6/9/19

I recently got married at a beautiful, rustic outdoor/indoor wedding venue in Orlando! We signed on with Shutdown Productions for our DJ, and I think that was one of the best things we could’ve done! We did our initial consultation with Burton on FaceTime due to distance and scheduling. He was awesome and passionate and I knew I wanted to go with his company right away. For our actual wedding day we had Omar, DJ OG, he was so nice and was very understanding to the uncertainty of his placement of setup because of rain.

We ended up having to move the ceremony inside and Omar did an awesome job of music and providing us with mics to be heard.

The reception was also great! Everyone keeps telling me how lit (lol) and how much fun they had! We had no wedding coordinator and Omar was super nice in trying to help keep the pace with us and do some announcements that made it easier. I would definitely recommend Burton and his crew!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Chrissy

Chrissy Daniela · Married on 05/26/2019

Shut Down Productions and Burton Williams Jr. will make your night one to remember!

My wedding was absolutely magical, and Shut Down Productions and Burton Williams Jr. absolutely lived up to the name and Shut it Down! BJ is talented beyond words. He is passionate, hardworking and attentive; his fun-loving attitude and professionalism absolutely made my wedding day from beginning to end. BJ worked with me to develop a playlist that kept my day lively, memorable, fun and timeless. His taste is like none other, and he will work with you tireless to make your vision come to life. If you are looking for a reliable, fun and talented DJ, BJ is without a doubt who you need for your event. Thank you again, BJ!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Shut Down Productions 8

Javier Ortiz · Married on 05/10/2019

Outstanding!

Shutdown productions and our DJ Immanuel were excellent. Immanuel worked with us every step of the way and made sure everything went nice and smooth on our special day. The music was fantastic, he made sure that the atmosphere was always good and kept people on the dancefloor the whole time. 10 out of 10.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Paige

Paige Mulcahy · Married on 05/04/2019

What a party!

Seriously had the best time with Immanuel and the drummer! We didn’t want to micro manage our vendors. We just wanted the dance floor packed all night and to show our guests our personalities and have the best party! Completely helpful and easy to work with from start to finish. Responsive, flexible, energetic, reasonable, etc. Just let Shut Down Productions do their thing and you will ha e the best time!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/03/2019

Marathon Wedding

Burton and Manny were amazing to work with! They made everything so easy leading up to our wedding day. The music was amazing and everyone had so much fun!! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Paula · Married on 04/13/2019

The Perfect DJ!

I can't thank Burton enough for DJ'ing my wedding. My wife put me in charge of the one thing that will make the wedding memorable, the DJ, so there was ALOT of pressure to find the perfect DJ. Him and Shut Down Productions was all my family could talk about after the wedding. Burton was 100% professional in every way. He was incredibly responsive, flexible, organized, and most of all a master of his craft. Burton was able to meet the VERY HIGH DEMANDS of my Caribbean/African-American family and guests, and kept us all dancing for the entire night. The music was so good that our guests were honestly sad to see such a fun night come to a close because Burton was keeping the party rocking from his slow island grooves for the older guests, to the line dances that everyone knows (Cha Cha slide, wobble, ect.), all the way to the throwback and modern hip-hop that is all the rage today! What was even better was that he provided the perfect uplighting to illuminate the room, and it made our venue look even more gorgeous and fun than it already was. It made our pictures look BOMB!!! Lastly, just when I couldn't be satisfied enough, a month later Burton sent me a 1 minute montage that captured the festivities of the evening, and this video was PERFECT! Every shot, angle, effect was on point and it was the perfect way to describe how LIT Burton made our wedding. I came into the DJ search with very high expectations that I believe many DJ's would not be able to meet, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt Burton surpassed those expectations and more. If you want to dance and have fun at your wedding and make it a night that no one will ever forget, HIRE BURTON! If not, good luck, I personally believe it will be hard to find another better than him. Thank you Shut Down Productions, but most of all, thank you Burton.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Lauren M. · Married on 03/30/2019

Awesome! We loved Shut Down Productions.

Shut Down Productions was great. They are on top of everything and very organized, any questions we had - they answered. Our DJ, Burton, was awesome. He had our guests dancing the entire night! No complaints, I highly recommend going with Shut Down. They are definitely a company to choose for your wedding, or other events. A++

Sent on 05/01/2019

Anjelica Warren · Married on 03/16/2019

Got everyone dancing :-)

Immanuel was awesome! He had the typical progression of party jams, but read the room well and broke out newer hits as the night progresses and the younger crowd stuck around. He kept the energy up by transitioning smoothly from one song to another and rocked the newlywed/shoe game as well!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Jessica · Married on 03/15/2019

Phenomenal!

Our DJ, Burton was so amazing. From the first time we contacted Shutdown Productions we got such prompt responses. Burton was extremely helpful with suggesting songs and creating a playlist. Everyone at our wedding was raving about how great the music was! He was great at keeping the party alive and keeping everyone on the dance floor. Our wedding was full of guests from around the world and Burton kept everyone engaged and excited. We are so happy that we found Shutdown Productions to be a part of our wedding!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Patrick Gevas · Married on 03/09/2019

If you want a fun party, hire this team!

When I first spoke to Burton, I made it clear that as a gay couple, we were very focused on throwing out tradition. What was most important to us was to bring our friends and families together for a celebration that none of us would forget. He clearly understood that and matched us with an incredible talent in DJ Chocolate Rain. He threw an insanely fun party and kept the energy up the entire time! So many of our friends and family told us in the days after that it was one of the most fun times they've ever had a wedding, largely thanks to the Shut Down Productions team! If you're looking for professionalism, excitement and a team who knows how to throw a party, hire Shut Down Productions!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Bonide · Married on 03/03/2019

Melting Pot dance floor

We Hired Shutdown Productions for our wedding, Burton was our DJ/MC. We loved the fact that we had the option of picking songs played on the dance floor. We had a lot of control over the playlists and our DJ know how please a crowd. Burton is very organized, we were very happy that we chose Shutdown Productions for our wedding. Our wedding had at least 4 different ethnic groups, and Burton managed to please every body. I can't stress enough how organized Burton was. Our guests had fun, they still talking about it. We would hire Shutdown Productions again for future event without a doubt. Thank you so very much.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Jackie Young · Married on 03/02/2019

Shutdown Productions Shut It Down!

Burton and Shutdown Productions were absolutely the best! From the beginning, Burton was very responsive and wanted to make sure our wedding went off without any issues. The detailed questionnaire he provided was so helpful and made the night go exactly as planned. Our DJ literally had everyone on the dance floor until well after the time we were supposed to pack up and leave. We had numerous guests tell us that it was the best wedding party they've ever been to and told us how awesome the DJ was. Thank you Shutdown Productions for making our day amazing and for seriously shutting it down!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Dana · Married on 02/09/2019

The best dj ever

From the beginning when booking Dj Bj Live to the very end of our wedding night shut down productions made everything so easy. We received so many compliments from our guests, of all ages, about how amazing the music/dance floor was (which I credit all to our dj). I had so many questions during my planning process and he got back to me right away, even if my questions weren't dj related he still was there to help me out. He really came through for us when we had to use our backup plan due to weather. He had no problem adding extra lighting on the spot which helped calm me down when the rain ruined my plans. We really could not have asked for better services and know our night would not have been the same if it was not for him.

Sent on 02/11/2019

K. Williams · Married on 01/18/2019

Outstanding Experience

Shut Down Productions did an amazing job with our event. Our DJ played a great mix of music and the photo booth was a major hit. We were extremely satisfied and look forward to using them for our next event.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Saidah · Married on 01/11/2019

Best Day of My Life!!

I’m not really sure where I should begin!? But let me start by saying, my wedding was absolutely perfect! DJ Bj of Shut Down Productions really listened to what we wanted in our music selection, and he was great at reading the room and playing music that catered to every guest, young and old! We had a relatively small wedding of 100 people and the dance floor was packed the entire night! All of are guest are still raving about how much fun they had and how they loved the music! I highly recommend DJ BJ and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Max Thedy · Married on 12/08/2018

Stress free

Immanuel aka DJ Chocolate Rain is one of the best if not the best DJ I've ever experienced. He knows how to make your wedding night an eventful one! Handles all of the logistics and song recommendations without a hassle. If you're looking for an awesome DJ, look no further. He's your man.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Crystal Mccolister · Married on 11/17/2018

Best DJ Ever!

Working with Burton was literally seamless! He made choosing all the songs so easy, he was always really easy to get in contact with, and was always super professional! On my wedding day, he was so much fun and all I could do was laugh and dance all night long thanks to him! He played all my family's favorite songs and made all our first dances super special. I would HIGHLY recommend Shut Down Productions for ANY event that you may need. Thank you so much for helping to make a lifetime of memories for me and my family!!

Sent on 11/29/2018
  • Renae

Renae Lee-Rogers · Married on 11/11/2018

A Must Have DJ

DJ BJ was very professional from start to finish. He asked specific questions to meet our needs prior to the event and we were able to ask questions and give our music selections daily leading up to the day of the event. Our wedding reception was absolutely fabulous. What he and his company has to offer is amazing. The lighting he provided made the ambience of the room elegant and romantic but yet party ready. The slide show provided during the reception was perfect to catch our journey together. The MUSIC was on point ALL night long and he made sure to capture interest of all ethnic backgrounds at the reception. A couple weeks after, we received a video of highlights of our reception and my husband and I watched it a million times. The video was jaw dropping especially how the movement of the guests in the video correlated to the background music of the video. Pure Talent! Thank you so much for making our reception a memorable one. DJ BJ is amazing and I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Sheno · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible

“Best wedding I’ve been to in 10 years!” “The Dj is amazing!” I wanted everyone to have fun and Burton made it happen. He got everyone on the dance floor!! Something I didn’t think was even possible haha. The drummer was amazing!! I highly, highly, highly recommend shut down production. You will not be disappointed

Sent on 12/03/2018

Jasmina · Married on 11/03/2018

Awesome time!

I loved every aspect of our wedding, but THE MUSIC MADE IT! The perfect music and volume for the ceremony; PERFECT for the cocktail hour, and EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED at the reception! We danced our feet off, and the memories are magical. Thanks to this wonderful vendor!!!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Alissa · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Day!

My husband and I first met Burton of Shut Down Productions at a Wedding Expo in Orlando Florida a couple of years ago. He was very nice and knowledgeable. They offered many things we were interested in besides just being a DJ ,like up-lighting, slide show, animated monogram and more. After the show we started following Shut Down Productions on social media and he had videos that showed him actually working real weddings. After watching one of those videos my husband and I were sold. We were engaged 3 years so when we finally booked our venue we knew we had to have Shut Down Productions for our wedding. We are so happy that we chose Shut Down Productions. Burton was very organized throughout the entire process. He called us to go over our timeline ensuring our wedding day would go smooth as possible. Burton kept my guest dancing all night. Shut Down Productions is more than just a DJ service, I was able to use them for other services instead of juggling more vendors
    Thank You!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Mckenna Hoover · Married on 10/12/2018

Shut Down Production is awesome

In my opinion, a DJ will either make or break a wedding reception, and Shut Down Productions MADE my reception. I had multiple compliments from my guest, and Burton kept the dance floor full the entire night. I felt that I left a lot of decisions up to the DJ as to what they thought would be best, and I could not have been happier with the outcome. I highly recommend Burton from Shut Down Production!

Sent on 11/05/2018

C. Christian · Married on 09/29/2018

Great Experience

I conducted a great deal of research because this was one of the most important vendors to my husband and I. We wanted a fun dance party that reflected our style of music. We wanted someone who was professional and could expound upon the song list we provided. Burton delivered and then some! We also purchased uplighting from him and those were beautiful and matched our wedding colors perfectly. He kept the party going all night. There was always someone on the dance floor and the sound quality was great. Most importantly, Burton had a few great suggestions as well. And importantly, he was super easy to deal with. I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Sasha · Married on 09/02/2018

Burt is amazing. We booked him for our wedding. He definitely understood the crowd and played music accordingly. His pre-wedding planning packet was very detailed. He thought of everything. He is a traveling DJ! He drove almost 3 hours for our event! Amazing service and professionalism!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Ronnie · Married on 07/28/2018

If you're trying to find a DJ to ensure your wedding is an absolute hit, look no further! The Shut Down team is beyond exceptional in their process from start to finish. DJ Manny was INCREDIBLE! He did an awesome job keeping our event running smoothly and once he opened the dance floor it was, without exaggeration, NEVER EMPTY!! Our guests have still not stopped complimenting how great the music was and how impressed they were with Manny throughout the entire night. So many people keep telling us it was the best wedding & party they've ever attended, and I know Shut Down had so much to do with that! This was hands down the best DJ work I've ever witnessed, and I've recently attended a handful of weddings aside from my own. My cousin is getting married in April and they were so impressed by Manny and Shut Down that they're booking him for their wedding too! Shut Down Productions is an absolute MUST if you're looking for a good time. A huge thank you to Burton & Manny for making our wedding the best night of our lives!!!

Sent on 08/18/2018