36 Reviews for Shores Fine Dry Cleaning & Wedding Gown Specialists

Bride (1)
Alterations (1)
34 Shores Fine Dry Cleaning & Wedding Gown Specialists Reviews

After almost 20 years I decided to have my wedding dress cleaned. It had been hanging uncovered in a closet and was severely stained on the skirt. The dress had a lot of bead work around the neck. When I took the dress they took the time to explain exactly what needed to be done in order to properly clean the dress which involved a lot of detailed handwork removing the beading and then stitching in back in place. I was not in a hurry so there was no deadline on the work. Once it was ready to be picked up I was delayed in being able to get there, but they were patient and did not give me a hard time. I was most impressed with the results and hopefully I can wear the dress for my 25th vow renewal ceremony. I would highly recommend their services and they are worth the price.

Profile Picture Karol, 12/18/19, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Everyone I have had contact with at Shores have been courteous, very professional, and prompt in replying to my questions about steaming, cleaning and preserving my daughter's wedding dress. They are certified by the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists. They will even store the gown in between portrait shoots and the wedding day so that it does not get wrinkles hanging in your closet! I would most definately recommend that you give them a call for ANY professional cleaning/handling of your wedding attire!!

Profile Picture Debbie, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

From beginning to end, I felt I (and the 2 wedding dresses) were in good hands.

Profile Picture Angie, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

excellent service. very professional and informative

Profile Picture User7901669, 1+ year ago, 0 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Wonderful Service! Brian restored my mom's 30 year old bridal gown which was stained and discolored from improper storage to perfect, white condition! Linda altered the dress to make it fit me perfectly and modernize it. Couldn't be happier with the service we received!

Profile Picture Bethany, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Brian & the team at Shore's are such a pleasure to work with and the most professional & knowledgeable. I wouldn't have thought to take my dress anywhere else.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I'm so glad we trusted our daughter's wedding dress cleaning and preservation to Shores Fine Dry Cleaning. The presentation of her dress through the box preview window allows us to look at her dress and the packaging is very secure. Also, they happily answered all of our questions.

Profile Picture Wanda, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

After investing the money in a beautiful wedding gown for my daughter's May 15, 2016 wedding, it was time to have it cleaned an put away. I found Shores Fine Dry Cleaner and talked with them about their services and felt it was worth the money to have her gown cleaned by them. I picked up the gown on June 21, 2016. It was handled with such care and packed away in a nice, neat box. Safe for years to come. Much better than leaving it just hanging on a hanger to lose its shape and turn yellow like I did with my gown 29 years ago. Thanks Shores Dry Cleaners for doing a great job.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Connie Jo, 5/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Awesome job on my bridal gown! It was perfect. It looked better after the dry cleaning than when I purchased it. I was referred to Shores and I am so glad that I followed through. Thank you Shores for making me look more beautiful on my special day!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jethea, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The cleaning & pressing of a dress that had previously been worn was perfect and it looked absolutely brand new!

Profile Picture User5164425, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress at Diva's. They wanted to send it to New York, to be cleaned and preserved. The thought of that scared me to death. After searching and reading reviews online, I went to Shore's on Battleground. I am so glad I did. Everyone there was so nice and they did a great job cleaning and preserving my dress.

Profile Picture User5152103, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Shores Fine Dry Cleaning and Wedding Gown Specialists did an amazing job cleaning my gown prior to my wedding. The skirt of my dress was my mom's and was more than 35 years old, the top was handmade by her. The skirt looked beautiful and they got out almost all of the stains that had been sitting there for so many years. The top was clearly handled with care! They were fantastic!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/21/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I would highly recommend Shores Fine Dry Cleaning to anyone. The store manager and staff were friendly and professional. Their service is exceptional. I had my wedding gown pressed there. They did a great job and got it done a lot sooner than the date promised. I was very pleased with their service.

Profile Picture User4471041, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Shores was so wonderful with my wedding gown! My wedding was out of town and Bryan made sure I had my dress days before I had to leave just to relieve my anxiety of not having everything done on time! Everyone was wonderful at shores! Linda, the woman who does alterations, took my wedding dress from a size 4 to a size 0 and cut 4 inches off of 10 layers of gown just two months before the wedding! They did such an amazing job I also used them for my cleaning and preservation after the wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Shores was one of the easiest choices we had to make during our wedding planning time. The dress was quite dirty after an evening of dancing, visiting with guest and fun. Magically Shores brought it back to "beautiful" !

Profile Picture Penny, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Friendly, very punctual service--excellent job!

Profile Picture User4164825, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I was really pleased with the way Shore's was able to bring my mom's wedding dress back to life after 14 years. I had just had it reconstructed/altered to my liking, and the owner at Shore's was very thorough. I was concerned about it being damaged as it had many little details, but it was not damaged. I looked and felt great on our Big day! Thank you much. I would definitely recommend Shore's to others!! I wish I could attach a photo for you to see!

Profile Picture Carla, 2/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My daughter has always wanted to wear the wedding dress that I wore and that my mother wore. It was made by my grandmother as well and a real heirloom to us. When the time came for her to use it we pulled it out of the box only to find some huge brown stains all over it. I thought the dress was ruined! We took it to Shores and Brian looked at it. He said he would be able to get it clean with their special restoration process. I was a little concerned because the dress is 55 years old but they did an amazing job. The stains were gone and the dress was whiter than when I wore it! Brian and his staff could not have been more pleasant to work with. From cleaning to altering and now preserving for the next generation, I highly recommend Shores Dry Cleaners! You will be very happy!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Bryan restored my 40 year old wedding dress for my daughter who will be married in the Spring...incredible job! Top notch job! Amazing!

Profile Picture Nancy, 5/5/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I wore my mother's 30 year old lace wedding dress for my wedding, and the dress had not been properly stored in the meantime (it was just hung in a closet). Thus, the dress was in dire need of a cleaning. We drove the hour to Greensboro to have the dress cleaned at Shores because of the great reviews we read online, and we were not disappointed. The staff was professional and courteous, the dress was ready when they said it would be, and they did a great job with the cleaning. You can tell that they take very good care of the clothing and handle it with respect. We were very pleased.

Profile Picture Sarah Rose, 12/3/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Shore's Wedding Gown Specialist did a wonderful job preserving my gown! Before the wedding they steamed the gown at NO CHARGE because I had already agreed to preserve my gown through them... so they saved me $80! They also went through a thorough description of the cleaning/preserving process with me so I would understand entirely. The gown looks great and is stored in a neat box that fits perfectly in my closet! I highly recommend their services over anyone else! No one does it better than Shore's!

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/15/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The people offered personal service and friendly smiles.

Profile Picture Casey, 5/2/09, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

Shores Fine Dry cleaning did an outstanding job on my wedding dress. The packaging they perserved it in was the icing on my cake. I know nothing will happen to my dress that now holds sentimental value!

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/9/06, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I wanted to ware my Mother's wedding gown and when we pulled it out from storage there were brown circles on the satin and the lace had turned brown in some areas. Shores did a full restoration and the gown came out fully restored to the original condition.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/25/14, 1 Review