Shoal Creek Golf Course Reviews

Shoal Creek Golf Course 4
Shoal Creek Golf Course 5

Tami · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing wedding

We had our wedding at Shoal Creek June 22. It’s was the most amazing wedding ever! I couldn’t of asked for anything better! Tammy was amazing and was ALWAYS there for me to talk to even at crazy times of the night. The bartenders were so much fun and did a great job! AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!! It was such an amazing place to have my wedding and will recommend them to EVERYONE I KNOW getting married thank you so much Tammy and Shoal Creek for making my day the best day ever!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Shoal Creek Golf Course's reply:

Thank you so much Tami! We loved working with you guys. It was an amazing experience all the way up to until your beautiful day!

Debbie · Married on 09/29/2018

We recently held our daughter’s outdoor wedding and reception at Shoal Creek and were so pleased with the venue, the food and the wonderful staff! We worked with Tammy Musso and she was awesome! She is efficient, quick to respond to calls and texts and very helpful. She and the staff catered to all our needs. I’d highly encourage you to meet with Tammy and check out Shoal Creek!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

I just want to start out by saying Tammy is the best, she is a life saver and my reception would not have been the same without her. She did an incredible job and even ended up having to do a lot of the decorating because of timing issues that we had with our dinner and other things. She really came through for us and we can't thank her enough. The food was incredible, the wait staff/bartender(s) were awesome. Almost everyone was GREAT! That being said, the man who was in charge of lending us the golf carts was incredibly rude and horrible to us, from the moment we came outside. Even after we told him that Tammy had said we could use the golf course for photos he told us that since we have paid for a round of golf then we aren't covered to be on the course when golfers are present, I'm sorry but we spent THOUSANDS of dollars on that venue and to be told that we hadn't spent enough to be on the golf course was insulting and ridiculous. It was 8 o'clock at night and people were finishing up on the back nine, there was no reason whatsoever that we couldn't have used one of the first nine holes for our pictures. The golf course photos were something that we were really looking forward to and he ruined it. I still want to give 5 stars because I do not believe Tammy and her staff should receive a lower rating because of one man's incompetence, but this was something that really upset the groom and I and I wanted to make sure to include it.

Update: After posting this review I was contacted by Tammy, who apologized for the man's rudeness. She did inform me that generally wedding parties are not allowed on the course in an effort to prevent damage to the course. However, she did offer my husband and I the opportunity to reserve a time to come back out with our photographer to get pictures taken on one of the holes if we'd like. She also informed me that they would speak with the rude man and that the GM had been informed of the issue.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Leslie · Married on 06/16/2018

Our daughters wedding and reception was on 6/16/2018. Our experience far surpassed our expectations. About 60 percent of our guests have been or are currently in the service industry. We want to thank Tammy, Brett, and their staff for all their service and support in helping us on her special wedding day!
    Steve and Leslie Cornett

Sent on 06/19/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2018

Tammy is so flexible and pleasant to work with. This venue saved me so much stress! The venue was not only gorgeous, but the food was so good and the staff was super helpful. I definitely felt like I got a great bang for my buck and would strongly recommend Shoal Creek as a wedding venue.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Joe · Married on 03/24/2018

We got married at Shoal Creek in March 2018. Before finding Shoal Creek we had several HORRIBLE experiences with our wedding planning and other venues. The moment we talked with Tammy at Shoal Creek, things really turned around for us. We went from being stressed out & on the verge of going to the justice of the peace...to excited and at peace with the whole process! Tammy is amazing! She responded quickly to our questions and was wonderful to work with! She REALLY took all the stress away from my wife!! We got TONS of compliments from our guests about the beautifully venue, amazing food and wonderful staff!

Everything from the planning, the tasting & the actual wedding day was fantastic!! Everything was very well organized & executed. The tasting was so delicious that it was difficult for us to narrow it down and choose what we wanted for our menu! There was a lot of food and it was a lot of fun!

During our reception, they promptly removed dishes when our guests were done eating & were very friendly & personable. The room flip was handled very well and quickly. We got numerous compliments from our guests that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Tammy, Brett, Chef Justin & the entire staff at Shoal Creek are wonderful and we HIGHLY recommend them!!

If you need an event space for a wedding or anything else, call Tammy!! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kim · Married on 03/17/2018

We had our wedding reception at Shoal Creek and it was a wonderful experience. The space offered 4 different types of atmospheres which our guest could move through effortlessly. If they wanted to stay in the dining space and dance the night away, talk at the bar area and watch the last minutes of March Madness, the beautiful backdrop of the fireplace room, or the outside patio with the firepits and tables for guests to cool off at. Tammy was a wonderful coordinator and helped every step of the way! The food was amazing, and we were pleasantly surprised that they could cater so much more than just simple pasta. We had wonderful chicken spedini, stuffed shells, and roast!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 01/20/2018

We had our son and daughter-in-law’s reception at Shoal Creek in January and we could not have been happier. Tammy Musso was extremely helpful though out the planning process as well as the day of our event. As part of the planning process Tammy met with us several times and was very flexible in accommodating our schedule. Since this was a winter reception, she even offered up a contingency plan in case of inclement weather. Tammy was very helpful meeting our catering needs and provided her expert advice on everything from how much food to order to decorating and scheduling ideas. She even helped us with setting up the decorations. Family and friends commented on how beautiful the reception and venue was. We received a very high quality of service, responsiveness, and professionalism from the entire staff during the planning and the evening of our event. As far as value, after shopping around, I found Shoal Creek to be the highest value for everything we received. I was extremely pleased with our choice and would recommend Tammy and Shoal Creek for any event.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Shoal Creek Golf Course 6
    Shoal Creek Golf Course 7
    Shoal Creek Golf Course 8
    Shoal Creek Golf Course 9
    Shoal Creek Golf Course 10

Sharon · Married on 10/21/2017

My daughter’s wedding was 10/21/17. We were very pleased with this reception venue. Tammy Musso was very helpful and made the process so smoothe. The reception was beautiful, and the guests commented on how good the food
    was and how nice of a reception it was. Would definitely recommend this place! Sharon Vest

Sent on 11/06/2017

Shoal Creek Golf Course's reply:

Thank you so much Sharon!

Sandra · Married on 06/24/2017

My daughter's wedding was on 6/24/17, and reception was at Shoal Creek Golf Course. We definitely chose the best place in Kansas City. We met with Tammy Musso back in March 2016 to began planning. Tammy was with us step by step up until the wedding. Any time I would call her she would either answer or call me back with 5-10 mins. The reception was absolutely First Class. We had so many compliments about the appetizers as well as the food. Everything was so delicious. If we needed anything or had a question at the reception Tammy and the attendants were at our beckon call. I would definitely recommend Shoal Creek Golf Course to host wedding/receptions. Thanks again Tammy for making our children's day such a memorable and stress free day.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Shoal Creek Golf Course's reply:

Thank you so much Sandra! It was such a pleasure working with you guys!

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

Oh my gosh I was planning my wedding and struggled finding a venue. I was in absolute tears! My sister and I found Shoal Creek Golf Course on the Knot and called immediately and left Tammy (event planner) a message. Not even 10 minutes later she called and was absolutely so sweet. Offered for me to come see how a wedding ran, said I could call or text any time with concerns with the over all planning of a wedding! This venue does not get enough credit for the extra hours the staff puts in before during and after the wedding. Our wedding day, my arch was not able to hold up due to extreme wind- one hour before I am to walk outside down the aisle, Tammy took it upon herself to go buy supplies to make a beautiful, even better back drop for us. And it ended up being so beautiful and perfect we used it as our background for group photos. This venue and it's staff I would recommend to anyone! And 2 of my friends have used it as a venue and my little sister as well all in this year. Thank you Shoal Creek Golf Course for the wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Emily · Married on 05/28/2017

Picking Shoal Creek for our reception venue was one of the best decisions we made! This is a very one stop shop venue! The staff was helpful from the beginning. They helped set up, tear down, provided the food and beverages! The events coordinator gave helpful advice and was always available for questions or changes. The chef gave us a personalized menu and it was amazing! The bartenders and clean up staff were very helpful and made our guests feel welcome.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Pamela · Married on 04/29/2017

It rained the entire day of my wedding. Shoal Creek was super flexible and professional with adapting and making it an unforgettable day. I would recommend Shoal Creek to anyone who wants an affordable yet amazing wedding.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Mauri · Married on 03/23/2017

Tammy was so wonderful and easy to work with and I was so impressed with all they did to make the reception a success. It is such a great venue and my guests just loved the food and service. The grounds are perfect for taking wedding pictures as well. Thank you to Tammy and her amazing team, we had a wonderful reception.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Lynsey · Married on 08/06/2016

Shoal Creek was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue. They were extremely accomodating & worked to make the day spectacular. I highly recommend them for an outstanding day.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Dana · Married on 07/09/2016

The staff was very accommodating and we were pleased with the entire day!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Laura · Married on 05/21/2016

We had our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception at Shoal Creek and it was absolutely perfect! Tammy Musso, the event coordinator, is amazing and one of the hardest working people I've ever seen. There are beautiful locations for photos spread throughout, and the staff was great and so friendly. I'd give it a 12 out of 10!

Sent on 05/22/2016

yudi · Married on 05/14/2016

So happy i hosted my wedding at this beautiful venue. The entire staff was very helpful specially Tammy. I would definately recommend this place for future brides to be. They made this experience amazing and took all the stress off my shoulders. Tamny went above and beyond to make sure my day was fabolous. So happy i picked this venue for my wedding.. thanks to Shoal Creek for an amazing wedding.

Sent on 05/17/2016

I have no complaints at all! Tammy was awesome to work with along with everybody else at shoal creek! I am very satisfied with how everything turned out! My wedding was beyond perfect and the food was excellent!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Becky · Married on 04/30/2016

We loved our venue, it turned out amazing, everything was beautiful, but the best was Tammy. She was amazing! Took care of us and really felt like we've known her forever. She was so sweet and made our whole experience easy and amazing!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Michelle · Married on 03/12/2016

It was a pleasure working with Tammy. She went the extra mile to make sure all of our needs and expectation were met. We had an awesome time and so did our guest.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Emily over at Shoal Creek Golf Club is amazing. I would have never been able to plan my wedding while out of town. She always responded to my emails or phone calls. Also, the staff is amazing. They did everything from set up to tear down. They handled puttling the decoration on the table and making sure everything looked perfect for the wedding. I would highly recommend Emily and Shoal Creek Golf Club, it is a steal of a deal!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Anna · Married on 06/09/2012

When selecting a ceremony and reception venue in KC, Shoal Creek quickly became the obvious choice. Emily Piper, the event coordinator, made me feel at ease from the very beginning. Although first impressions are important, what happened the day of the wedding mattered most.

I had left Emily and staff with a vision for what the room was expected to be for the reception, and they went above and beyond. I left all the materials, and even when flowers didn't turn out as expected, they went out of their way to make sure the centerpieces were perfect. I know some pay extra to have a dedicated person on hand to handle all of the details, but it seemed as though Shoal Creek made it a priority as a team to make the wedding as easy as possible. We also had the ceremony onsite with rented arches and chairs -- perfect outdoor ceremony.

Definite recommendation for the Northland. I still have friends that tell us it was one of their favorite weddings. Would do the wedding all over again and then some with Shoal Creek.

Anna

Sent on 06/30/2013
  • Sonya

Sonya · Married on 06/11/2011

When choosing an event space, it was important that we worked with people who understood great customer service. Expecting perfection from any place or person is unrealistic, but expecting that you are treated fairly and respectfully is a must.

The staff at Shoal Creek was not only fair and respectful, but also kind, genuine, professional, and eager to please. Every person we came into contact with did everything in his or her power to make our day special. The people an engaged couple work with can make or break their dream day. Emily Hull and her staff are an absolute dream to work with.

The location was absolutely beautiful! The ballroom, although beautiful on its own, is completely transformable. We had enchanted forest decor and the venue worked extremely well with our vision. However, the best thing about the ballroom is its innate beauty. You don't have to have an enchanted forest to have a beautiful backdrop to your dream day.

The food was delicious! If you want food that your guests will actually enjoy and that won't break the bank, choose Shoal Creek! The Shrimp purse appetizers are to die for! An engaged couple really gets their money's worth when food and beverage is concerned. A must for anyone on a budget, for sure.

Sonya Dunham