Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

89 | Hanover, MD

89 Reviews for Shine Tina Makeup & Hair

Aleah C · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Absolutely amazing!

Absolutely amazing experience! I spent a lot of time researching into finding a right makeup/hair artist, and I'm glad I went with Tina. She was definitely the right choice! She was attentive, professional, responsive, and friendly. She's such a talented artist! I've received SO MANY compliments on my make up and hair. I was hesitant about doing a trial at first, but I definitely recommend it. It allowed me to visualize what I wanted, and it paid off on my special day. I can't wait to use her service in the future for other special occasions. I highly recommend Tina!

Sent on 01/17/2021

Diana Jung · Getting married on 12/10/2021

For your special wedding day

Tina is the outstanding Makeup Artist in Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia area.
    My husband, mother, mother in law and I got hair and makeup from her for my wedding day.
    Since I did not get a trial before my wedding, the result was perfect. I was satisfied with the makeup and hair. I just showed makeup and hair image what I liked. (Yes! Tina is an expert)
    She was so quick to respond and answer my questions in very thoughtful ways.
    Also, she cares about COVID19, so I liked the way how she treated the issue.
    She kept clean the makeup tools and used a new one for other people.
    She came on time and finished the work in the time we planned.
    I highly recommend her if you want an unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2020
  • Christee

Christee Mun · Married on 11/15/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Tina truly makes you feel like a celebrity because you will look like one! I promise! I received so many compliments on my wedding day and even after crying, my makeup and hair was on point throughout the whole day! She is such an amazing, talented artist and comfortable to talk to!

I had my makeup/hair trial over a year ago. During the trial, she listens to what you do and don’t like, she will also recommend what looks good on you, but if you don’t like something she won’t do it! After my trial, I couldn’t wait until Tina did my makeup and hair again!

Tina has always been professional so I was not surprised that she took extra safety measures when covid hit to make sure everyone’s safety was the number one priority. She is also very responsive to emails.

I highly recommend Tina and her team for your makeup and hair needs!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Evelyn Sohn · Married on 10/24/2020

완전 찐추합니다! 💜💜💜

인생에 한번뿐인 멋진날을 예쁜 매이크업과 헤어로 완성해주셔서 너무 감사합니다! ㅎㅎ 시작전에 셋팅부터 마무리까지 정말 프로페셔널한게 느껴지고 매이크업과 헤어해주시는 과정에서도 세심하고 제가 어떤걸 원하는지도 하나하나 이야기하면서 같이 완성해간점도 너무 좋았어요~ 디테일하게 봐주시고 수정해주시고 신경써주시는게 느껴져서 감사했습니다 샤인티나 매이크업 헤어 완전 찐추! 강추! ㅎㅎㅎ

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Ruth

Ruth Kim · Married on 10/17/2020

Tina Works Magic

Tina proves once again that she works magic. I felt and looked like a Korean celebrity and received so many compliments on how beautiful I looked for my special day; it was, without a doubt, due to Tina and her team’s talent & expertise. During the hair & make-up trial, Tina & her hairstylist (Linda) are willing to listen and accommodate your wants & needs. However, they will also be honest and tell you how a specific look can be customized to suit *you* so that you look your absolute best.
    Even though they were servicing a total of 8 people on our wedding day, Tina and her hairstylist were absolutely thorough, did not let a single detail go missing, and finished within the time-frame they provided.
    The most surprising part was that even though I cried quite a bit on my wedding day, everything stayed intact, including my eye makeup. No panda-eyes, no streaks, nothing. The absolute best part is that even though my bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law wore a mask due to COVID-19, their makeup barely budged and everybody looked great for our photos. Although we are experiencing a global pandemic, the amount of professionalism Tina and her team displayed with regards to an updated COVID-19 policy and the extra measures they put in place to keep everybody safe and healthy really put me, the mothers, and bridesmaids at ease. It was always a dream to have Tina and her team provide hair & make-up services and they delivered far more than I expected.

Sent on 10/23/2020

A Lee · Married on 10/10/2020

Flawless, Flexible, and Fantastic

Tina and her team was very professional from start to finish. With Covid complicating things even further, Tina was transparent and helpful throughout the whole process. I could not have asked a more perfect team. If you are on the fence, you’re definitely making the right decision to go with her and her team. Thank you, Tina, once again 👍🏼

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Angi

Angi Kwak · Married on 09/26/2020

So worth it!

Tina is such a talented artist and professional! From the beginning, she was so open, communicative, friendly, and extremely thorough. I reached out to her for my wedding because I wanted a MUA that was experienced working with Asian brides. She made sure to fulfill all my specific requests while also offering her expertise. I did a trial makeup and hair session a few weeks before the wedding. I was so happy with the results and it got me even more excited for the wedding day.

On the wedding day, she arrived 15 minutes early to set up and we were ahead of schedule. She did full hair and makeup for myself (bride), my mother, the groom’s mother, and the groom’s sister. Using Tina’s services were an investment for our low-budget wedding and admittedly, my budget-conscious husband was hesitant about her prices . However, on the wedding day, all he could say to me that night was, “Hiring Tina was SO worth it.” My mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law were all glowing and I could see how confident they felt as a result of Tina’s work.

Tina is so worth the investment! You will definitely be glad you chose her for your special day. (Bonus: She is also so fun to talk to while you sit in that makeup chair!)

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 05/24/2020

Cannot recommend her enough!!!

Tina did mine, my mother in law, and my maid of honor's makeup for my wedding last weekend, and I cannot thank her enough for making us all look and feel beautiful on my wedding day.
    Her passion and impeccable talent is reflected by the quality of her work, and her eye for aesthetics and little details really sets her apart in the industry. She chases perfection in a way that makes you feel as if you're in the best hands (which is what we all want on our wedding day). During the trial and actual wedding day, it was made evident how much she truly cares for each of her clients. I would book her a thousand times over and cannot recommend her enough!
    -Joanne

Sent on 11/03/2020

Mengjia Wan · Married on 05/03/2020

Awesome artist!

Tina is willing to work tirelessly to make sure I got the look I want. I had to ask her to accommodate my really early schedule and the last minute changes and she did it without any hesitation. I really enjoyed working with her not only because of her fantastic skills and knowledge about makeup and hairstyle but also the fact that she takes her work very seriously and is very detail oriented. I would recommend her without any reservation.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Dorothy · Married on 03/28/2020

Tina was super amazing to work with! From the beginning, she was super responsive -- we got our trial squared away & she made everything easy for me. When I went to her home, she did a complete make-up look for me, and it was incredible. She has her own style but also knows how to listen to her clients, giving them what they want. She gave me options of what I wanted, and from there I was able to easily choose how I wanted my hair done & how I wanted her to do my bridesmaids looks & hair. The day of, she came super early to get started, and she did a seamless job! She worked alone, and I don't know how someone did all of that on their own, in the time span that she had. I would 100% recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • You

You Jong A Moon · Married on 03/28/2020

I highly recommend Tina!

Tina was amazing to work with and I highly recommend her for make-up and hair artist. She is very organized and professional. She does not rush and takes time to complete the look. She listens to her clients and giving them what they want. I brought my own hair pin and showed the picture of hair style I want and she did a seamless job! She went over and beyond. The complete look was much better result than I thought. I still think I made the best decision for hiring her. I have received so many compliments for my make-up and hair on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Kristina Lee · Married on 01/11/2020

Tina is the best 🲵

I can not recommend Tina ENOUGH. She was such a pleasure to work with. She made sure that I was comfortable with the direction she was going every step of the way, stopping several times to remind me to speak up if i didn’t like something because it was MY day. I have never met such a talented make up artist before and she even did an amazing job with my hair after looking at just one photo of what i wanted. She is very professional, but also so much fun to be around. You can tell that she loves doing what she does, and that alone makes you have overflowing confidence in her abilities. You will not regret choosing her! My mom, mother in law, sister and bridesmaids would all agree that Tina was the best choice for make up and hair!

Sent on 10/10/2020
  • Karen

karen kim · Married on 11/02/2019

Shes the one.

Tina is truly a talented person! I was amazed already by the trial session I had with her, and I knew right away I wanted to work with her. Her trial sessions are SO WORTH it. She is organized, professional, and timely. The timeline she makes for you just makes your wedding day smoother. She does not rush, she takes your opinions very seriously but yet is quick to work her hands. I have received so many compliments for my make-up and hair and both my mother and mother in law were complimented on theirs as well. I had brought my own hair pins on the wedding day and she knew exactly how to work with them. I brought in photos of hair styles of what my mother wanted and she knew what to do even when they did not have a trial session. I HIGHLY recommend Tina, will be returning to her for some personal make-up lessons!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Lusia Yu · Married on 10/12/2019

There is NO ONE better than Tina!

I first met Tina when she did our makeup for my sister’s wedding in 2015. We loved her so much that my other sister booked her for her wedding in 2018 and then I booked her for my wedding in 2019. Not only is she great with bride and bridesmaids, she is also amazing with mothers as well! I’ve had my makeup done in various other weddings but none of them understood the natural look and uneven eyebrows. Tina is extremely talented and detailed even while making sure she is on schedule. I highly recommend Tina for any makeup AND hair needs!!

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Chloe

Chloe S Lee · Married on 07/13/2019

You need her!

I saw Tina's work through instagram and my friends' wedding photos and I already knew that she is the best. After I got engaged, I didn't even bother to look for other makeup artist. I still think I made the best decision for hiring her. I kinda picked the wedding date based on her availability too !!! LOL
    Also I hired a hair stylist named Linda through Tina. Linda and Tina are just fabulous! Tina did my engagement photo make up and hair and I really LOVED it! It doesn't look overwhelming yet, she brings out what's the best on your face. For the wedding photo, both Tina and Linda gave us (groom, bride, mothers) some suggestions to start with, but they also listened how we would like to get it done. My wedding was July of 2019 and we had some photos taken outside, sweating alot etc, but everyone's makeup stayed flawless!!!!!!!!!! You will NEVER REGRET for hiring her. She's just too good.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Isaac

Isaac and Keren · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly Recommended Make-up Artist

I couldn’t have picked a better make-up artist for my special day! I highly recommend Tina for so many reasons — professional, talented, prompt, flexible, efficient and easy-going. From day one, she was always available via email to answer any questions I had about my wedding makeup. Her responses were prompt and her plethora of excel spreadsheets showcased her detail orientedness. Although we made last minute changes to our day of wedding schedule a few times that impacted the makeup schedule, Tina was responsive and accommodating of the situation despite it happening the week of the wedding. She listened to my wants/needs and made me look and feel my best! During our make-up trial, she proactively asked me if I preferred warm versus cold tones before beginning our trial session. After patiently listening to all my preferences, she found the best tones for the natural look I was going for. Most importantly, she was able to do makeup for myself, both mothers, aunts, flower girl and sisters with time to spare, nailing both the natural and smokey look, while highlighting our best features.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Anna & Walter · Married on 06/28/2019

Talented & professional

Tina's work is stunning! She did my hair & make up for my engagement session and then she and her assistant did make up and hair for my wedding. It was important for me to find an artist that could work with a diverse group of women since my bridesmaids had different skin tones and hair textures and they were all pleased with her work. She also did a lovely job on my mother's and mother-in-law's make up. Throughout the process, Tina was very responsive to emails. On the wedding day, Tina and her assistant worked tirelessly through a tight schedule. Make up and hair is not something you want to skimp on for your wedding so you definitely budget for a great artist like Tina.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Jenny Kim · Married on 06/22/2019

Can’t thank you enough!!

Dear Tina,
    Thank you so much for helping my mother, husband, and me look our best for our special day! We were so amazed by your talents and skills that you brought on with making our hair look exactly the way we wanted and the makeup looking so natural yet elegant and enhancing our features! You listened to our concerns and worked with them and you gave us your honest opinions on what would look the best on us! I can’t wait for more special occasions to come so that I can get beautified by you again! Thank you so so much!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Ji Eun Kim · Married on 06/15/2019

They are fantastic!!

Tina and Linda did makeup/hair for my wedding day this summer and they did such an awesome job! Their makeup which was so beautiful lasted from morning through the entire day (at least until midnight :D) and their hair was so elegant and perfect for my wedding dress. It was like a magic! Everyone liked my makeup and hair and I keep recommending these guys for my friends ;) I strongly recommend Shine Tina for everyone!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Yeiwon

Yeiwon Kim · Married on 06/08/2019

Skillful, professional, loved Shine Tina!

Tina and her partner hair stylist Linda are both amazing in what they do. They were so great in helping me find the right color and style of makeup, the right hairstyle that suits me best and I could not have been happier with how everything turned out on my wedding day. Tina was also very responsive, organized and flexible as I was an hour late to the trial due to unforeseen inclement weather but she was patient and professional.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 06/01/2019

Timely, Detailed, and Professional

Tina is a true professional. I have worked with her on two different occasions, and she consistently performs over and beyond. She is very punctual and detail oriented (in preparation and in regards to listening to what you want). Thank you Tina!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Y

Y · Married on 05/25/2019

Book her now!

From engagement photoshoot to our wedding day, Tina has been awesome to work with. The booking process was easy and she was very quick to respond to any questions. Tina not only considered my facial features, skin tone, hair texture/color, but also my outfit and accessories to create a perfectly balanced makeup and hairstyle. If you decide to have an extra hairstylist for your wedding to save time, Tina's partner Linda was awesome. Linda recreated a hairstyle I showed her except it was even more beautiful. They showed up early on the wedding day and in the midst of the wedding craziness, I knew that Tina and Linda will work their magic and make me feel/look beautiful. My makeup/ hair still looked fresh at the end of the day (10+ hours after getting hair/makeup done), and this was after crying my eyes out and being out in the 90+ degree weather. Tina is a true artist who will bring any bride’s dream come true :)

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Jean

Jean O'brien · Married on 05/18/2019

Tina was awesome!

Tina was awesome! A true professional....not always easy to find these days! She knows her business, loves what she does, was on time (actually early, waiting outside), did the most fabulous make-up and hair for my wedding I could have ever hoped for, and was a joy to work with. She explained costs and procedure very well and gave copies of everything she explained with dates, times etc.
    I would recommend her in a heartbeat for any occasion for which you need someone you can trust!!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Kay

Kay · Married on 04/20/2019

Loved her work. Many times over.

Tina is one of the few wedding vendors that ensured that the entire process was smooth and stress-free. When searching for a makeup artist, I looked for someone 1. who could also do hair, 2. have a modern and classic taste in makeup (timeless and no 90's Miss Korea makeup) and 3. can work with an Asian - Korean - face well.

Tina did my makeup three times and hair twice: my engagement photoshoot (also served as a trial session), my sister's wedding (bridesmaid makeup), and my wedding. And I witnessed the quality of her work five times during the last 12 months: at my engagement photoshoot, at my sister's hanbok photoshoot, my sister's bridal, bridal party, and moms and dads, and my bridal and moms and dads, and at my college friend's wedding.

Tina was communicative, offered many professional - and helpful - opinions when asked, but also was never pushy. She always took my requests regarding the makeup and hair and tried her best to work with the logistics of the wedding (mine was 150 miles away from her studio) when possible. She made people of all ages happy, and our moms were asked several times to share Tina's contact information since my wedding!

I highly and enthusiastically recommend Tina for anyone on her(or his) special day. Have a trial session so she can get to know your face better, but even if you can't, she's still the closest to the perfect makeup/hair stylest you will have for your event. Thank you, Tina, for helping me (and the two other brides) pull through!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Soo Kim · Married on 03/09/2019

Could not have hired a better HMUA

I found Tina from a friend who used her for her wedding. I could not have found a better person for our wedding! She did hair and make up for myself, sisters, and both mothers. We were all more than satisfied with her work. And more importantly, my hair and make up looked the same at the end of the night! The only sad part of the day was when I had to take the make up off!

Sent on 04/23/2019