Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

97 | Hanover, MD

97 Reviews for Shine Tina Makeup & Hair

Monica · Married on 07/13/2021

Tina is a miracle worker!

I hired Tina for a makeup trial and then my wedding hair and makeup. On the day I had the trial, I had a trouble spot on my face that I didn't want makeup on. Tina was able to allay my concerns by finding a work around that didn't irritate it and made it invisible. I was so happy with my wedding hair and makeup. I felt like a Kdrama star! I also was very impressed that my makeup did not melt off when I was out in 90+ degree weather for multiple hours for my engagement shoot and then my outdoor wedding. In addition to her makeup skills, Tina is extremely organized, highly responsive to emails, and puts you at ease when you're in the chair. The experience was so comfortable that I felt completely confident in her abilities. I'm not a huge makeup person, but Tina has shown me how much good makeup can make an amazing difference. I can't recommend her enough. Thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2021

Lauren F. · Married on 05/22/2021

10/10 Amazing!

Where do I even begin? Tina and her team were an absolute dream from start to finish. Every single member of my bridal party was delighted with their hair and makeup. Tina arrived early, delicately kept us on schedule, and provided expert suggestions when needed. I would not hesitate to book Tina again in the future (and I'm not alone - several of my bridesmaids have already started brainstorming future sessions with Tina down the road)! Brides, look no further for your special day!

Sent on 05/27/2021
  • Yn

Yn · Married on 05/12/2021

She is the best!

Both my husband and I were so glad that we hired her for our wedding. We both loved the makeup and hair she did for us! I recommend at least one makeup and hair trial session so that you can discuss with her what you want.

Sent on 05/18/2021
  • Lucy

Lucy · Married on 05/08/2021

Don't look any further. Tina is the one you want

Tina is a absolutely magic! I hired her and Linda for hair and makeup for 5 bridesmaids, 1 bride, 1 groom, and 2 mothers. Our group was full of diversity from south Asian, east Asian, to Caucasian, and Tina and Linda made all of us feel soooo beautiful! Also, Tina is extremely organized and so great at what she does, I wish I can hire her every single day! Thank you, Tina and Linda! Our wedding was the most beautiful thanks to you both!

Sent on 05/12/2021
  • Jina

Jina · Married on 05/02/2021

Perfection!

Tina is the best!! She did such an amazing job with my wedding & crew! I had six bridesmaids, two mothers, one grandmother, flower girl, and a groom! But she was able to pull it off and move the schedule around to our preferences! Tina was also so helpful and quick during communication and during our hair and makeup trials! She had endless advice for me on makeup everyday but also for the wedding day. Everybody in my party LOVED their makeup and the experience being pampered by her crew! Our makeup stayed on all day and no smudging!! Would definitely recommend her to anybody needing their makeup and hair done for any event!

Sent on 05/13/2021

Kristin · Married on 04/10/2021

She’s the best!

Tina was fantastic! She arrived early to ensure we started on time. She is very meticulous and a perfectionist. If you’re need of a makeup/hair stylist for your wedding I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 04/26/2021

Caitlin C. · Married on 03/27/2021

Superior artistic skills, professionalism & customer service. Most highly recommend.

Make-up and hair artist Tina has gone beyond my expectation for our bridal needs with such professionalism. She not only exceeded the needs and desires for the perfect bridal and engagement looks with her artistic make-up and hair skills, but her service went above and beyond especially in this unprecedented season especially with the COVID-19 pandemic.

I have been recommended of Tina from several of my close friends and I had seen her portfolio of her work! I was already drawn to her ability to dress you as who you are in such a subtle way--leaving the best version of YOU in her work. Her artistic skills are beyond expectations as you can see from a numerous samples of her work. As she coached through multiple steps at trial sessions applying her skills specifically to me, I did not feel like I was left alone to be someone else, but true yet the version of who I was supposed to be! Tina also maintains her communications with you so well, at all times, regarding the smallest and minute details of the business. Her response time has stayed within almost immediate to few hrs at most for all communication messaging. How rare is it to find such professionalism and customer service?! In addition to that, all of her booking logistics and service details are so organized, and I was SO reassured by how Tina's work is full of attention to minor details. She will go over with you step by step and hour by hour how your perfect wedding day will look like, in addition to every piece of details for the perfect day!

Finally, I was astounded by her understanding and professionalism in this unprecedented time with COVID-19 pandemic. Our wedding details had to be significantly adjusted due to the pandemic and the guidelines for federal uniformed service members. Tina went above and beyond to meet the needs for customers like me. I cannot recommend a better service than Shine Tina. She deserves the most highest recommendation!

Sent on 01/23/2021
  • Christee

Christee M. · Married on 11/15/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

Tina truly makes you feel like a celebrity because you will look like one! I promise! I received so many compliments on my wedding day and even after crying, my makeup and hair was on point throughout the whole day! She is such an amazing, talented artist and comfortable to talk to!

I had my makeup/hair trial over a year ago. During the trial, she listens to what you do and don’t like, she will also recommend what looks good on you, but if you don’t like something she won’t do it! After my trial, I couldn’t wait until Tina did my makeup and hair again!

Tina has always been professional so I was not surprised that she took extra safety measures when covid hit to make sure everyone’s safety was the number one priority. She is also very responsive to emails.

I highly recommend Tina and her team for your makeup and hair needs!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Evelyn S. · Married on 10/24/2020

완전 찐추합니다! 💜💜💜

인생에 한번뿐인 멋진날을 예쁜 매이크업과 헤어로 완성해주셔서 너무 감사합니다! ㅎㅎ 시작전에 셋팅부터 마무리까지 정말 프로페셔널한게 느껴지고 매이크업과 헤어해주시는 과정에서도 세심하고 제가 어떤걸 원하는지도 하나하나 이야기하면서 같이 완성해간점도 너무 좋았어요~ 디테일하게 봐주시고 수정해주시고 신경써주시는게 느껴져서 감사했습니다 샤인티나 매이크업 헤어 완전 찐추! 강추! ㅎㅎㅎ

Sent on 11/22/2020

Diana J. · Married on 10/24/2020

For your special wedding day

Tina is the outstanding Makeup Artist in Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia area.
    My husband, mother, mother in law and I got hair and makeup from her for my wedding day.
    Since I did not get a trial before my wedding, the result was perfect. I was satisfied with the makeup and hair. I just showed makeup and hair image what I liked. (Yes! Tina is an expert)
    She was so quick to respond and answer my questions in very thoughtful ways.
    Also, she cares about COVID19, so I liked the way how she treated the issue.
    She kept clean the makeup tools and used a new one for other people.
    She came on time and finished the work in the time we planned.
    I highly recommend her if you want an unforgettable wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2020
  • Ruth

Ruth K. · Married on 10/17/2020

Tina Works Magic

Tina proves once again that she works magic. I felt and looked like a Korean celebrity and received so many compliments on how beautiful I looked for my special day; it was, without a doubt, due to Tina and her team’s talent & expertise. During the hair & make-up trial, Tina & her hairstylist (Linda) are willing to listen and accommodate your wants & needs. However, they will also be honest and tell you how a specific look can be customized to suit *you* so that you look your absolute best.
    Even though they were servicing a total of 8 people on our wedding day, Tina and her hairstylist were absolutely thorough, did not let a single detail go missing, and finished within the time-frame they provided.
    The most surprising part was that even though I cried quite a bit on my wedding day, everything stayed intact, including my eye makeup. No panda-eyes, no streaks, nothing. The absolute best part is that even though my bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law wore a mask due to COVID-19, their makeup barely budged and everybody looked great for our photos. Although we are experiencing a global pandemic, the amount of professionalism Tina and her team displayed with regards to an updated COVID-19 policy and the extra measures they put in place to keep everybody safe and healthy really put me, the mothers, and bridesmaids at ease. It was always a dream to have Tina and her team provide hair & make-up services and they delivered far more than I expected.

Sent on 10/23/2020

A Lee · Married on 10/10/2020

Flawless, Flexible, and Fantastic

Tina and her team was very professional from start to finish. With Covid complicating things even further, Tina was transparent and helpful throughout the whole process. I could not have asked a more perfect team. If you are on the fence, you’re definitely making the right decision to go with her and her team. Thank you, Tina, once again 👍🏼

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Angi

Angi K. · Married on 09/26/2020

So worth it!

Tina is such a talented artist and professional! From the beginning, she was so open, communicative, friendly, and extremely thorough. I reached out to her for my wedding because I wanted a MUA that was experienced working with Asian brides. She made sure to fulfill all my specific requests while also offering her expertise. I did a trial makeup and hair session a few weeks before the wedding. I was so happy with the results and it got me even more excited for the wedding day.

On the wedding day, she arrived 15 minutes early to set up and we were ahead of schedule. She did full hair and makeup for myself (bride), my mother, the groom’s mother, and the groom’s sister. Using Tina’s services were an investment for our low-budget wedding and admittedly, my budget-conscious husband was hesitant about her prices . However, on the wedding day, all he could say to me that night was, “Hiring Tina was SO worth it.” My mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law were all glowing and I could see how confident they felt as a result of Tina’s work.

Tina is so worth the investment! You will definitely be glad you chose her for your special day. (Bonus: She is also so fun to talk to while you sit in that makeup chair!)

Sent on 10/07/2020

Aleah · Married on 09/26/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Absolutely amazing experience! I spent a lot of time researching into finding a right makeup/hair artist, and I'm glad I went with Tina. She was definitely the right choice! She was attentive, professional, responsive, and friendly. She's such a talented artist! I've received SO MANY compliments on my make up and hair. I was hesitant about doing a trial at first, but I definitely recommend it. It allowed me to visualize what I wanted, and it paid off on my special day. I can't wait to use her service in the future for other special occasions. I highly recommend Tina!

Sent on 01/17/2021
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 05/24/2020

Cannot recommend her enough!!!

Tina did mine, my mother in law, and my maid of honor's makeup for my wedding last weekend, and I cannot thank her enough for making us all look and feel beautiful on my wedding day.
    Her passion and impeccable talent is reflected by the quality of her work, and her eye for aesthetics and little details really sets her apart in the industry. She chases perfection in a way that makes you feel as if you're in the best hands (which is what we all want on our wedding day). During the trial and actual wedding day, it was made evident how much she truly cares for each of her clients. I would book her a thousand times over and cannot recommend her enough!
    -Joanne

Sent on 11/03/2020

Mengjia W. · Married on 05/03/2020

Awesome artist!

Tina is willing to work tirelessly to make sure I got the look I want. I had to ask her to accommodate my really early schedule and the last minute changes and she did it without any hesitation. I really enjoyed working with her not only because of her fantastic skills and knowledge about makeup and hairstyle but also the fact that she takes her work very seriously and is very detail oriented. I would recommend her without any reservation.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Dorothy · Married on 03/28/2020

Tina was super amazing to work with! From the beginning, she was super responsive -- we got our trial squared away & she made everything easy for me. When I went to her home, she did a complete make-up look for me, and it was incredible. She has her own style but also knows how to listen to her clients, giving them what they want. She gave me options of what I wanted, and from there I was able to easily choose how I wanted my hair done & how I wanted her to do my bridesmaids looks & hair. The day of, she came super early to get started, and she did a seamless job! She worked alone, and I don't know how someone did all of that on their own, in the time span that she had. I would 100% recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • You

You J. · Married on 03/28/2020

I highly recommend Tina!

Tina was amazing to work with and I highly recommend her for make-up and hair artist. She is very organized and professional. She does not rush and takes time to complete the look. She listens to her clients and giving them what they want. I brought my own hair pin and showed the picture of hair style I want and she did a seamless job! She went over and beyond. The complete look was much better result than I thought. I still think I made the best decision for hiring her. I have received so many compliments for my make-up and hair on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Kristina L. · Married on 01/11/2020

Tina is the best 🲵

I can not recommend Tina ENOUGH. She was such a pleasure to work with. She made sure that I was comfortable with the direction she was going every step of the way, stopping several times to remind me to speak up if i didn’t like something because it was MY day. I have never met such a talented make up artist before and she even did an amazing job with my hair after looking at just one photo of what i wanted. She is very professional, but also so much fun to be around. You can tell that she loves doing what she does, and that alone makes you have overflowing confidence in her abilities. You will not regret choosing her! My mom, mother in law, sister and bridesmaids would all agree that Tina was the best choice for make up and hair!

Sent on 10/10/2020
  • Karen

Karen K. · Married on 11/02/2019

Shes the one.

Tina is truly a talented person! I was amazed already by the trial session I had with her, and I knew right away I wanted to work with her. Her trial sessions are SO WORTH it. She is organized, professional, and timely. The timeline she makes for you just makes your wedding day smoother. She does not rush, she takes your opinions very seriously but yet is quick to work her hands. I have received so many compliments for my make-up and hair and both my mother and mother in law were complimented on theirs as well. I had brought my own hair pins on the wedding day and she knew exactly how to work with them. I brought in photos of hair styles of what my mother wanted and she knew what to do even when they did not have a trial session. I HIGHLY recommend Tina, will be returning to her for some personal make-up lessons!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Lusia · Married on 10/12/2019

There is NO ONE better than Tina!

I first met Tina when she did our makeup for my sister’s wedding in 2015. We loved her so much that my other sister booked her for her wedding in 2018 and then I booked her for my wedding in 2019. Not only is she great with bride and bridesmaids, she is also amazing with mothers as well! I’ve had my makeup done in various other weddings but none of them understood the natural look and uneven eyebrows. Tina is extremely talented and detailed even while making sure she is on schedule. I highly recommend Tina for any makeup AND hair needs!!

Sent on 10/11/2020

Seoyoung H. · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Tina was just amazing to work with. She is very talented and professional. The moment I knew the date for our big day, she was the first one to contact because I knew from my friends’ weddings that she is amazing and talented. She was very responsive and easy to communicate. I could sense that she’s really caring to all of her clients. She was very flexible to schedule changes that I made for the wedding day. Due to the time limitation at the venue, I wanted to start earlier than we originally planned. She understood the situation 100% and agreed to start the day earlier. On the wedding day, she and her partner even arrived 15 minutes early to set up. They did hair/makeup for myself, my mom, my sister, and my mother-in-law, and touch-up for my husband. Everyone looked flawless and stunning. I received a lot of compliments. She was just excellent in any aspect. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/15/2021
  • Chloe

Chloe L. · Married on 07/13/2019

You need her!

I saw Tina's work through instagram and my friends' wedding photos and I already knew that she is the best. After I got engaged, I didn't even bother to look for other makeup artist. I still think I made the best decision for hiring her. I kinda picked the wedding date based on her availability too !!! LOL
    Also I hired a hair stylist named Linda through Tina. Linda and Tina are just fabulous! Tina did my engagement photo make up and hair and I really LOVED it! It doesn't look overwhelming yet, she brings out what's the best on your face. For the wedding photo, both Tina and Linda gave us (groom, bride, mothers) some suggestions to start with, but they also listened how we would like to get it done. My wedding was July of 2019 and we had some photos taken outside, sweating alot etc, but everyone's makeup stayed flawless!!!!!!!!!! You will NEVER REGRET for hiring her. She's just too good.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Isaac

Isaac A. · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly Recommended Make-up Artist

I couldn’t have picked a better make-up artist for my special day! I highly recommend Tina for so many reasons — professional, talented, prompt, flexible, efficient and easy-going. From day one, she was always available via email to answer any questions I had about my wedding makeup. Her responses were prompt and her plethora of excel spreadsheets showcased her detail orientedness. Although we made last minute changes to our day of wedding schedule a few times that impacted the makeup schedule, Tina was responsive and accommodating of the situation despite it happening the week of the wedding. She listened to my wants/needs and made me look and feel my best! During our make-up trial, she proactively asked me if I preferred warm versus cold tones before beginning our trial session. After patiently listening to all my preferences, she found the best tones for the natural look I was going for. Most importantly, she was able to do makeup for myself, both mothers, aunts, flower girl and sisters with time to spare, nailing both the natural and smokey look, while highlighting our best features.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Anna W. · Married on 06/28/2019

Talented & professional

Tina's work is stunning! She did my hair & make up for my engagement session and then she and her assistant did make up and hair for my wedding. It was important for me to find an artist that could work with a diverse group of women since my bridesmaids had different skin tones and hair textures and they were all pleased with her work. She also did a lovely job on my mother's and mother-in-law's make up. Throughout the process, Tina was very responsive to emails. On the wedding day, Tina and her assistant worked tirelessly through a tight schedule. Make up and hair is not something you want to skimp on for your wedding so you definitely budget for a great artist like Tina.

Sent on 09/17/2019