Shine Tina Makeup & Hair Reviews

Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 6
Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 7

Mengjia Wan · Getting married on 05/03/2020

Awesome artist!

Tina is willing to work tirelessly to make sure I got the look I want. I had to ask her to accommodate my really early schedule and the last minute changes and she did it without any hesitation. I really enjoyed working with her not only because of her fantastic skills and knowledge about makeup and hairstyle but also the fact that she takes her work very seriously and is very detail oriented. I would recommend her without any reservation.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Dorothy · Getting married on 03/28/2020

Tina was super amazing to work with! From the beginning, she was super responsive -- we got our trial squared away & she made everything easy for me. When I went to her home, she did a complete make-up look for me, and it was incredible. She has her own style but also knows how to listen to her clients, giving them what they want. She gave me options of what I wanted, and from there I was able to easily choose how I wanted my hair done & how I wanted her to do my bridesmaids looks & hair. The day of, she came super early to get started, and she did a seamless job! She worked alone, and I don't know how someone did all of that on their own, in the time span that she had. I would 100% recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • Karen

karen kim · Married on 11/02/2019

Shes the one.

Tina is truly a talented person! I was amazed already by the trial session I had with her, and I knew right away I wanted to work with her. Her trial sessions are SO WORTH it. She is organized, professional, and timely. The timeline she makes for you just makes your wedding day smoother. She does not rush, she takes your opinions very seriously but yet is quick to work her hands. I have received so many compliments for my make-up and hair and both my mother and mother in law were complimented on theirs as well. I had brought my own hair pins on the wedding day and she knew exactly how to work with them. I brought in photos of hair styles of what my mother wanted and she knew what to do even when they did not have a trial session. I HIGHLY recommend Tina, will be returning to her for some personal make-up lessons!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe S Lee · Married on 07/13/2019

You need her!

I saw Tina's work through instagram and my friends' wedding photos and I already knew that she is the best. After I got engaged, I didn't even bother to look for other makeup artist. I still think I made the best decision for hiring her. I kinda picked the wedding date based on her availability too !!! LOL
    Also I hired a hair stylist named Linda through Tina. Linda and Tina are just fabulous! Tina did my engagement photo make up and hair and I really LOVED it! It doesn't look overwhelming yet, she brings out what's the best on your face. For the wedding photo, both Tina and Linda gave us (groom, bride, mothers) some suggestions to start with, but they also listened how we would like to get it done. My wedding was July of 2019 and we had some photos taken outside, sweating alot etc, but everyone's makeup stayed flawless!!!!!!!!!! You will NEVER REGRET for hiring her. She's just too good.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Isaac

Isaac and Keren · Married on 07/06/2019

Highly Recommended Make-up Artist

I couldn’t have picked a better make-up artist for my special day! I highly recommend Tina for so many reasons — professional, talented, prompt, flexible, efficient and easy-going. From day one, she was always available via email to answer any questions I had about my wedding makeup. Her responses were prompt and her plethora of excel spreadsheets showcased her detail orientedness. Although we made last minute changes to our day of wedding schedule a few times that impacted the makeup schedule, Tina was responsive and accommodating of the situation despite it happening the week of the wedding. She listened to my wants/needs and made me look and feel my best! During our make-up trial, she proactively asked me if I preferred warm versus cold tones before beginning our trial session. After patiently listening to all my preferences, she found the best tones for the natural look I was going for. Most importantly, she was able to do makeup for myself, both mothers, aunts, flower girl and sisters with time to spare, nailing both the natural and smokey look, while highlighting our best features.

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 8
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 9
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 10
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 11

Anna & Walter · Married on 06/28/2019

Talented & professional

Tina's work is stunning! She did my hair & make up for my engagement session and then she and her assistant did make up and hair for my wedding. It was important for me to find an artist that could work with a diverse group of women since my bridesmaids had different skin tones and hair textures and they were all pleased with her work. She also did a lovely job on my mother's and mother-in-law's make up. Throughout the process, Tina was very responsive to emails. On the wedding day, Tina and her assistant worked tirelessly through a tight schedule. Make up and hair is not something you want to skimp on for your wedding so you definitely budget for a great artist like Tina.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Jenny Kim · Married on 06/22/2019

Can’t thank you enough!!

Dear Tina,
    Thank you so much for helping my mother, husband, and me look our best for our special day! We were so amazed by your talents and skills that you brought on with making our hair look exactly the way we wanted and the makeup looking so natural yet elegant and enhancing our features! You listened to our concerns and worked with them and you gave us your honest opinions on what would look the best on us! I can’t wait for more special occasions to come so that I can get beautified by you again! Thank you so so much!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Ji Eun Kim · Married on 06/15/2019

They are fantastic!!

Tina and Linda did makeup/hair for my wedding day this summer and they did such an awesome job! Their makeup which was so beautiful lasted from morning through the entire day (at least until midnight :D) and their hair was so elegant and perfect for my wedding dress. It was like a magic! Everyone liked my makeup and hair and I keep recommending these guys for my friends ;) I strongly recommend Shine Tina for everyone!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Yeiwon

Yeiwon Kim · Married on 06/08/2019

Skillful, professional, loved Shine Tina!

Tina and her partner hair stylist Linda are both amazing in what they do. They were so great in helping me find the right color and style of makeup, the right hairstyle that suits me best and I could not have been happier with how everything turned out on my wedding day. Tina was also very responsive, organized and flexible as I was an hour late to the trial due to unforeseen inclement weather but she was patient and professional.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 06/01/2019

Timely, Detailed, and Professional

Tina is a true professional. I have worked with her on two different occasions, and she consistently performs over and beyond. She is very punctual and detail oriented (in preparation and in regards to listening to what you want). Thank you Tina!

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Y

Y · Married on 05/25/2019

Book her now!

From engagement photoshoot to our wedding day, Tina has been awesome to work with. The booking process was easy and she was very quick to respond to any questions. Tina not only considered my facial features, skin tone, hair texture/color, but also my outfit and accessories to create a perfectly balanced makeup and hairstyle. If you decide to have an extra hairstylist for your wedding to save time, Tina's partner Linda was awesome. Linda recreated a hairstyle I showed her except it was even more beautiful. They showed up early on the wedding day and in the midst of the wedding craziness, I knew that Tina and Linda will work their magic and make me feel/look beautiful. My makeup/ hair still looked fresh at the end of the day (10+ hours after getting hair/makeup done), and this was after crying my eyes out and being out in the 90+ degree weather. Tina is a true artist who will bring any bride’s dream come true :)

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Jean

Jean O'brien · Married on 05/18/2019

Tina was awesome!

Tina was awesome! A true professional....not always easy to find these days! She knows her business, loves what she does, was on time (actually early, waiting outside), did the most fabulous make-up and hair for my wedding I could have ever hoped for, and was a joy to work with. She explained costs and procedure very well and gave copies of everything she explained with dates, times etc.
    I would recommend her in a heartbeat for any occasion for which you need someone you can trust!!

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 12
  • Kay

Kay · Married on 04/20/2019

Loved her work. Many times over.

Tina is one of the few wedding vendors that ensured that the entire process was smooth and stress-free. When searching for a makeup artist, I looked for someone 1. who could also do hair, 2. have a modern and classic taste in makeup (timeless and no 90's Miss Korea makeup) and 3. can work with an Asian - Korean - face well.

Tina did my makeup three times and hair twice: my engagement photoshoot (also served as a trial session), my sister's wedding (bridesmaid makeup), and my wedding. And I witnessed the quality of her work five times during the last 12 months: at my engagement photoshoot, at my sister's hanbok photoshoot, my sister's bridal, bridal party, and moms and dads, and my bridal and moms and dads, and at my college friend's wedding.

Tina was communicative, offered many professional - and helpful - opinions when asked, but also was never pushy. She always took my requests regarding the makeup and hair and tried her best to work with the logistics of the wedding (mine was 150 miles away from her studio) when possible. She made people of all ages happy, and our moms were asked several times to share Tina's contact information since my wedding!

I highly and enthusiastically recommend Tina for anyone on her(or his) special day. Have a trial session so she can get to know your face better, but even if you can't, she's still the closest to the perfect makeup/hair stylest you will have for your event. Thank you, Tina, for helping me (and the two other brides) pull through!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 13
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 14

Soo Kim · Married on 03/09/2019

Could not have hired a better HMUA

I found Tina from a friend who used her for her wedding. I could not have found a better person for our wedding! She did hair and make up for myself, sisters, and both mothers. We were all more than satisfied with her work. And more importantly, my hair and make up looked the same at the end of the night! The only sad part of the day was when I had to take the make up off!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 03/02/2019

Highly recommend!

Tina was great and she made my wedding day even more special with beautiful make up for me and my bridesmaids. She is very professional, was very punctual, and most importantly, is very good at what she does. She is quite popular in this area so make sure to contact her way in advance!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Y

Yewon Pak · Married on 02/23/2019

Professional!

I had done makeup and hair by Tina for my wedding and she did amazing job finding the right tone for my skin. I initially wanted to have my makeup done naturally but at the same time good enough for the photo shoots and she was able to do both. I had some complications with schedule and she accommodated professionally (plus she’s always on time!). I highly recommend Tina for wedding makeup/hair!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Kyujoo Choi · Married on 01/09/2019

Tina is the absolute BEST!

I am so grateful my friends recommended Tina. I fell in love with Tina's story on her website, and she's even more amazing in person.
    She is the eyebrow guru and color-matching master. She made my mom, my husband's mom and grandma look 20 years younger. Their makeup looked so natural and flawless. She enhanced everyone's beauty while still ensuring they looked like themselves. Everyone's makeup lasted all day and night even on a hot and humid summer day.
    Tina is prompt, honest, punctual, and very professional, yet easy to get along with. She is the perfectionist you need to look your absolute best for your special day.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 12/13/2018

So happy with my wedding day makeup

Tina was such a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive and patient with me even though I changed the headcount multiple times on her. She helped me decide which look would be perfect for me on my wedding day, and she nailed it. I received so many compliments! I would recommend Tina any day.

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 15
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 16
    Shine Tina Makeup & Hair 17
  • Anis

Anis · Married on 11/10/2018

Exceeded my expectations

Tina and her team did an absolutely amazing job on my special day. As an Asian person, it was important to me that I found makeup and hairstylists who are experienced with Asian clientele. I LOVED my makeup and my impossible hair was beautifully styled to absolute perfection. My bridesmaids were raving about their makeup and hair as well. THANK YOU, SHINE TINA FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Sohee

Sohee · Married on 10/28/2018

Easy Communication with Exceptional Service with Details

I've gotten my hair & makeup done from Tina 4 times (my trial, bridesmaid's makeup for my bf's wedding, my engagement photo shoot, and my wedding). All throughout the process, the communication with her was so smooth both on email and in person. At the trial, I told her my wedding theme colors and how I imagined my wedding to be. She listened very well and provided great options that would fit me after observing my face structure and hair. After the trial, we communicated a lot through email. I decided to go for a different hair look instead of the one from the trial and Tina was completely supportive and helped me to prepare for the big day. I even asked her opinion when I was choosing my tiara. I ended up wearing the one that she suggested and It looked PERFECT with my wedding gown. On the wedding day, she created a romantic dusty rose look for me. It looked great with the wedding colors and I received so many compliments from the guests. She also did bridesmaids' makeup and each of their makeup looked so gorgeous yet different. She carefully observed the face features and created looks that were specifically catered for each of us. Tina definitely helped my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Dian Yu · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing!!!!!

Tina is able to take any idea and really just go with it. She’s helpful, professional and at the same time very sincere.

Hannah · Married on 10/20/2018

Work of art!

Very responsive to any anxious bride! I had to make changes to my contract due to some of my bridesmaid changing their minds with their hair/make up, but Tina was flexible to rearrange the contract! I would definitely recommend a trial before the wedding day so Tina can see the best hair style and make up to use! She does an amazing job transforming a very tired bride to a gleaming flawless beauty! Everyone in my bridal party and my mom and mother-in-law loved their hair and make up! It is worth the investment to look beautiful on such an important and special day! She is very professional and punctual!

Jess C · Married on 10/08/2018

Best make up artist

Highly recommend!
    Tina is awesome! She is super friendly and professional. She understood exactly what type of make up I wanted ( and didn't want) on my special day.
    She is quick to respond and explains everything thoroughly.

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

I love tge make up Tina did for my wedding!! She did an amazing job, really made me feel like the star of the party! I would def recommend her to anyone who needs an make up artist! Thank you so much tina for the great work

Sent on 10/11/2018

Minji · Married on 09/23/2018

Makeup and hair service for wedding

Tina was amazing! I got a lot of compliments for my hair and makeup for the wedding day. She found the best hair and makeup style for me during trial and made it perfect for my big day. Plus, she was always very responsive and punctual, which made my wedding planning much easier and pleasant.