Shine Events Reviews

Shine Events 4
Shine Events 5

Mike Mazzone · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Great Experience! - Omni

We had a fantastic experience. Jessica and her team were very responsive and helped us every step of the way. We didn't have any stress or worries the day of our wedding. The entire team is professional! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Taylor Melby · Getting married on 11/11/2020

Superb but especially exceptional for a destination venue

You may find my review of Shine Events on several sites as this company is just too good not to notify everyone. Having chosen a destination wedding, we needed help, much more than expected. A full-time planner of this quality is money well spent. With every additional vendor needed, Shine Events was able to find superb vendors and save us considerable money compared to prices we could get ourselves. Jessica was always 10 steps ahead of us and nudged us along when we ourselves stalled. My only request when hiring Shine Events was that I step off the plane in Scottsdale with nothing on my "To Do" list. Jessica guaranteed me that and the reality left me twiddling my thumbs feeling certain I was forgetting something. I never lifted a finger or worried over one thing while in Scottsdale over the week to celebrate our daughter's wedding. There is nothing negative I can say and not enough words to express our extreme satisfaction with Shine Events. We hired a planner but made a dear friend.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Melinda Adwon · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Awesome Wedding Planner

Planning an out of state wedding seemed daunting but Jessica is an experienced professional who help make the entire process seamless. She was able to interface with various vendors and make recommendations that helped maximize our budget. She was always available to talk on the phone and responded to our questions. I would not hesitate to use her in the future. My daughter and I both felt she was worth every penny of her fee!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2019

The MVP of wedding planners

I’m sad that my wedding is over not only because of how amazing it was but also because it means I don’t get to talk to Jessica everyday. When looking for a wedding planner It is important to look at pictures etc of what they’ve done but it’s even more important to get to know them. I can’t imagine planning an out of state wedding with a wedding planner with a personality other than Jessica’s. She is responsive, organized, and knowledgeable of the industry but she’s also real. She will talk to you when she’s busy doing family things if that’s the time you need her help. If you’re lucky enough, she’ll also give you some of her life advice and support you through any concerns. There were a few things at the wedding that didn’t go exactly as planned or as I wanted and I knew that was bound to happen. These things didn’t seem to didn’t seem to matter quite as much when everything else was done so well.

I knew exactly what I wanted my wedding to look like but was having trouble conveying it to certain vendors. Jessica put on her cape and fixed all problems with such ease and class. She is a phenomenal wedding planner and an even better person. If you are looking for a wedding planner for a destination wedding or one in your back yard, Jessica is your girl!!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 09/07/2019

Dreamy Flagstaff wedding - pulled off without a hitch!

Jessica and her team at Shine Events did the most incredible job putting together our Pine Canyon Club wedding in Flagstaff, AZ this last September! She has a wonderful personality, was punctual and professional, and was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. Despite this being a destination wedding, Jessica did an incredible job quickly organizing vendors, finalizing details (large and small), and coming up with additional ideas to pull together our elegant bohemian theme. By the wedding day, I was stress-free knowing that Jessica and her team were on top of executing a great event! I would highly recommend Jessica and the team at Shine Events for your wedding or big event - she will not let you down!

Shine Events 6
    Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay M Godfrey · Married on 05/26/2019

The best decision!

Jessica was so amazing and helpful! We hired her for our month-of wedding coordination to help out with vendor and timeline organization. I really don't think we could have kept it all straight without her help and support. We did not think we would need wedding planning services but I am so glad we decided to hire her. She was helpful with every little detail and ensuring that we were able to enjoy our big day! I think every bride needs Jessica by their side!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2019

Brilliant Wedding and Event Planner!

I can't even begin to describe my gratitude and appreciation for Jessica Gelder and Shine Events- they deserve 100+ stars and more! Jess is the best planner in the industry and I am incredibly lucky to have had her as my wedding planner. My husband and I are still so overwhelmed with joy and gratitude from our wedding day - it was beyond magical and we could not have planned a more perfect day without the guidance and support of Jessica and Shine Events. Jess is extremely organized, professional, attentive, hard-working and is amazing to work with. From the early months of wedding planning up until the day of, Jessica made sure that everything was handled quickly and efficiently and stress-free! She has the best relationships with all of the vendors and works with the vendors from start to finish during the day-of set-up to ensure that everything is exactly how you want it. She is brilliant. My wedding was something out of a magazine! From start to finish, to all the big and smallest of details, Jessica was there every step of the way making sure my vision came to reality. Throughout the entire time working with her, Jess made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with and I am forever grateful to her and Shine Events for everything they did to make sure our wedding was everything we had dreamed of and more. Thank you so much for everything Jess. You are the BEST!

Mike and Lauren Gilbert

Shine Events 23
    Shine Events 24
    Sent on 02/28/2019

Kk Metzler · Married on 03/23/2019

Jess was exactly what I needed!

My husband and I decided early on that we needed a planner who could help us navigate the wedding process. Jess was a perfect fit. She is honest, flexible and truly a terrific advisor, and I credit her completely with helping my husband and I pull off a dream wedding that was within budget. She helped us refine our vision; consulted with us to ensure our budget expectations stayed realistic, and recommended several excellent vendors to us, all of whom worked out perfectly. And, when we needed her for something time sensitive she was always accommodating. Jess has a direct, decisive style which is exactly what I needed being the novice that I am about the wedding industry and being a fairly busy working professional. In the weeks leading up to the big day my husband and I would literally blink and things would get done - it was amazing! Jess coordinated my vendors and executed the ceremony and reception (which were at separate venues) flawlessly. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her!!!

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 02/16/2019

Outstanding Support!

I can't say enough about Jess (Shine Events). My wedding was in Gold Canyon, AZ, but my husband and I are stationed in Maryland. We hired Jess about a year out from the wedding, and she was amazing. She answered any/all of my random questions and made sure I didn't forget even the smallest of things. When the day finally came, it was perfect! I would *highly* recommend her for any level of planning.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Michelle · Married on 02/09/2019

Worry Free Wedding

One of the first decisions we made in the planning process for my daughter's wedding last February was to hire a planner. Jessica with Shine Events impressed us from the start with her attention to detail and creativity. She really listened to my daughter and did whatever she could to help her vision become a reality. She was very responsive, which was important to us, as decisions would have to be made quickly and we valued her input. When the week of the wedding arrived she took charge and the day of the wedding was stress free for us thanks to her advance planning and timeline. We couldn't have done it without her! The wedding and reception were beautiful and Jessica and her staff worked behind the scenes to make sure everything went off without a hitch. We were so pleased we've hired her for our younger daughters wedding in September!

Shine Events 25
    Shine Events 26
    Sent on 04/25/2019

Jinjin · Married on 12/01/2018

An angel from heaven

Lisa’s services were unparalleled in making our wedding day perfect. She managed everything — from contracts to vendors to setup — and kept any stress away from us on our big day.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Kristen · Married on 04/14/2018

Jess brought my wedding visions to life and the day was flawless. I could not have done it without her. I was not stressed out at all throughout the entire process because Jess kept me on top of everything and made sure everything was taken care of. She never tried to push me towards her tastes but rather embraced all my ideas as if they were her own. She was very responsive to my emails and continually let me know that she was just a email, text or call away if I needed her for anything. I truly appreciated all her help in making my big day so special. Everyone says its the best wedding they had ever been to :)

Sent on 06/12/2018

Caitlin · Married on 04/07/2018

Jess did a fantastic job with my April 2018 wedding -- everything turned out beautifully!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Jessica is an artist. She captured exactly what we wanted for our destination wedding in Arizona desert and delivered a day we will never forget. My family refers to our wedding as an event because of how extraordinary it was. Everything from the food to the flowers to the tiny details you may not know matter were perfect--and it was all because of Jessica. On your wedding day you shouldn't have to worry about anything, just enjoy the moment, and i couldn't have done that without her. She is the definition of customer service and truly cares about her clients and the biggest day of their lives.

Shine Events 27
    Shine Events 32
    Shine Events 33
    Sent on 11/22/2017

Maggie · Married on 03/11/2017

It's hard to know where to start with Jessica Gelder and Shine Events. I was given Jess' name by my wedding venue as a preferred planner and upon talking to her for the first time - it was clear that she was beyond the best choice. Not only am I incredibly grateful for being introduced to Jess, but I feel incredibly grateful that she agreed to take on our wedding.

As all brides know - wedding planning has its ups and down, the stress can be high and the number of moving parts can be overwhelming. From the moment I started working with Jess, there was never a moment when I ever thought she didn't have all of this under control and/or that she wouldn't be there to support me and my family in any way she could. She has a way about her that calms you, makes you feel understood and also that you've got someone in your corner to make everything happen. She makes time for her brides, works so hard and knows all the best wedding secrets!

Her style, vision, and insight when it comes to weddings (and life in general) are impeccable and truly I credit her and her hard work for making my wedding the perfect day for myself, my husband and our families lives. Without her, our day wouldn't have been half of what it was. She created the most beautiful event I've ever seen and ensured it went off without a hitch.

Since my wedding day, I've been telling everyone how incredible she is and how much I'll miss working with her every day. I don't anticipate this will stop anytime soon. As my husband would say....I'm "obJESSed" and I hope you get to be someday too.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Kevin · Married on 03/11/2017

A++. Jess might agree that I was a pretty particular father of the bride :), so believe me when I say she's just awesome. My daughter has provided a review as well so please have great confidence when choosing Jess. All weddings are likely complicated to some degree, but my daughter's was in Phx and we all live on the other side of the country. The wedding venue certainly wasn't typical and provided a fair amount of additional complexity. Planning from afar was challenging but I couldn't be happier that Jess was in charge. Everything went off without a hitch. Every last detail was covered. Jess and her crew were on top of everything. Sometimes the small touches speak loudly -- the crew ironed every table cloth, even the sides just to be sure it all looked perfect. It was a wonderful day from start to finish and that would have been impossible without Jess. We are all grateful, and we all encourage you to chose her to do your wedding. Great companies should be rewarded with more business.

Sent on 03/18/2017

jila · Married on 12/24/2016

We feel your performance as our wedding planner was above our expectations. You were always there when we needed you and your expertise and advice was very valuable to us.

Sent on 01/24/2017
  • Denisse

Denisse · Married on 10/08/2016

If I could give Jessica Gelder from Shine Events 10 stars I would! At our initial consultation I knew she was the perfect wedding planner for me, we just clicked! Jessica took on our wedding knowing that we had a short timeline to work with and she handled it with complete professionalism, class and grace! Jessica accompanied me to tour venues, to look at linens, flowers, décor, everything… She even helped me with ideas when I was struggling with my “vision,” she was literally beside me every step of the way. Jessica is not only one of the very best wedding planners out there, she also has an accounting degree so she will make sure you stay within your budget! There are no words to truly describe my gratitude for Jessica and her team on my wedding day, everything was executed with perfection and simply put, it would have been impossible without her talent. I will forever be grateful to Jessica for making my wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Sharon · Married on 03/12/2016

I can't say enough about Jessica and the Shine Events and Floral Design team! Planning a wedding is so overwhelming especially when your family lives across the country. There are so many decisions too make and it is very stressful! Jessica made the entire wedding planning nightmare so easy! She was there for me any time, day or night, and any day of the week. She made me feel like I was her only bride. She definitely goes above and beyond to make everything go smoothly! She made all my visions turn to reality! My wedding turned out exactly how I imagined. I highly recommend this team!!

The Floral Design team is also amazing!! Saying my flowers were beautiful is an understatement. The bouquets and centerpieces were more gorgeous than I ever would have imagined. I knew exactly what I wanted and they made it come true! They will work with you and really listen to what you want. Then their vision and expertise put all the finishing touches together! So amazing!

I can't stress enough how great this team is! I wish I could give them 10 stars!!

Sent on 04/08/2016

Jessica Gelder and her team were the biggest blessing to my family and I. I cannot express how amazingly organized, professional, and passionate she is about wedding coordinating. Every person on her team shares her same enthusiasm. The flowers, decor, and overall ambience of my event were more beautiful than I could have dreamed! The biggest day of my life was absolutely perfect- and I know I have Jessica to thank! If you are planning a wedding, I cannot recommend shine events enough!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Analisa · Married on 03/15/2015

Loved Jessica! Best money spent on my wedding! More than worth it!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Taylor · Married on 03/14/2015

Jessica and her crew were definitely worth it! They made our wedding day flawless.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Let me start by saying that if I could give Jessica Gelder and her team at Sweet Soiree more than 5 stars, I definitely would. She went above and beyond our expectations with everything. She was very professional, had great vendor recommendations and ideas, and was very easy to work with. The day before my wedding, it was hailing and pouring, Jessica contacted our florist and came up with multiple alternative solutions to remedy the “soggy ceremony grass”. Jessica and her staff were very prepared on the day of my wedding, and made sure everything was set up ahead of schedule. We had over 225 guests at our wedding, and planning a wedding of this size would have been much more difficult without her help. My wedding was absolutely perfect and Jessica’s diligent work has a lot to do with that.

I will be recommending Jessica and her team at Sweet Soiree to any of my friends who are getting married.

Sent on 03/21/2013

J · Married on 01/19/2013

Sweet Soiree was absolutely fabulous. Jessica, who was pregnant, worked nearly up until her due date which was the day or the day before our wedding. We never, ever were worried that her service was going to decline and it never did. From the very beginning, Jessica took charge, managed, made suggestions, was creative, timely, budget conscious, and above all was always professional, positive and upbeat. We love her!! When Jessica was about ready to deliver her baby, Nikki stepped in and never ever missed a beat. The Sweet Soiree staff was always there to ensure that our day, rehearsal, reception was absolutely perfect. Brides, this is the wedding planner that you need and you will never, ever regret your decision. Judy and Alan

Sent on 01/23/2013

Lisa · Married on 11/11/2012

I can honestly rate Sweet Soiree 5 stars across the board. When I hired Jessica, I didn't really realize the value of a Day of Coordinator. How hard could it be? But, Jessica turned out to be the best part of and the best investment in our wedding and I figured that out within the first 2 weeks of hiring her. She consistently went above and beyond, and had the entire day and all the vendors under control. She provided value that far exceeded the cost of her services, from giving me advice, to helping coordinate many little things that I didn't realize I needed, and dealing with the venue coordinator who drove me crazy. Day of, she and her partner, Nikki, were all over the little things, the venue was spectacular and I was able to party the night away with my friends. I tell all my friends to hire a coordinator now, and I'm excited to recommend Jess and Nikki to our other friends in AZ whenever they get married.

Sent on 01/16/2013