Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Square Station Reviews

51 | Pittsburgh, PA

51 Reviews for Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Square Station

• Brittany

Brittany DePinto · Married on 08/09/2019

Easy, organized, and gorgeous.

Courtney was absolutely everything. She is an expert in her field. She knows every single detail about every aspect of the wedding. We asked her a million questions and she was patient and answered everything in detail. Any correspondence with her is almost instant, and that is something that is important to me because I can be very impatient. I changed my mind about chairs and few things right at the very end and she just made it happen! She’s so efficient! On the day of my wedding she and her assistant were there to guide us through everything. She helped my maid of honor with the bustle on my dress which was tedious and intimidating to say the least and she bustled it up like it was no problem! Details like that made my wedding day the most amazing day and eased my anxiety in so many ways. She just takes care of you. Clearly loves her job. The venue was gorgeous, we chose the reflections and waterfront room and enjoyed the view of the river and city the whole time. The food was amazing. All of it. I couldn’t be happier with our wedding experience at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square!

Sent on 08/11/2019

KIRSTIE · Married on 06/24/2018

We had the best experience with Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square. From the beginning, Courtney was such a huge help. With any emails or even phone calls that we may have had, she made us feel like we were her most important wedding. Even after the wedding, she reached out when some of our vendors had forgotten things to ensure everyone had their belongings.
    The day of the wedding, Courtney was unable to work, but she made sure that we were in great hands with Corinne and Robbie. They both made sure that we didn't want for anything. Honestly, the day went off without a hitch thanks to them!
    The only negative thing I have to say is about the room block process. It was very difficult for our guests to book rooms, and we were constantly being the middle man. However, Courtney made sure to always rectify the situation and make not only us happy, but also our guests.
    Overall, I would absolutely recommended the Sheraton for your wedding day. The view was breathtaking, and our guests kept commenting how perfect the location was. The Sheraton crew and staff was incredible. Anything we needed, they got it for us and made us feel like we were the most important couple they had worked with.

Sent on 09/02/2018
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 06/10/2018

We held our wedding reception in June 2018 at the Sheraton Station Square. We would highly recommend the Sheraton to anyone thinking of holding a reception there!

Courtney was our wedding coordinator, and we experienced nothing but preparedness, professionalism, and promptness throughout the entire reception planning process. We were originally drawn to the Sheraton due to its excellent location near downtown, its river view (our cocktail hour in the Fountain View room & back patio was fabulous), and its relatively all-inclusive nature. It did not disappoint!

Because the Sheraton takes care of organizing food, drinks, wedding cake, and decorations, that meant there were so many fewer things for us to worry about in the final days leading up to the wedding! Regarding the latter, we left really detailed instructions for Courtney and staff describing where we wanted all our pictures, booths, centerpieces, and other add-ons to go. We were admittedly a little nervous about the reception room set-up prior to the wedding day, but we were floored at how wonderfully Courtney and staff set up the room. It really exceeded our expectations.

They were also really flexible - as would be expected, we had late-breaking changes to the reception and additional items to add to the reception space. Courtney accepted these changes without issue or complaint.

Overall, we think the Sheraton is a great space to hold your wedding reception.

- Thomas & Jonathan

Sent on 07/16/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2018

We had our wedding there in May 2018. From the first moment we met Courtney, we knew she cared about us as a couple and pulling together the vision we had. Throughout the whole planning process Courtney was great to work with, especially working with a couple that wasn't just out of state, but living in two separate states. She made sure we could do the food tasting while we were both in town and was very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. I loved working with the Sheraton and our day of staff was great at keeping our guests happy and making sure everything ran smoothly. Some things I definitely enjoyed was how the chef was able to make dietary accommodations, the bridal party had their own private room to enjoy cocktail hour separate from the guests, and they were very upfront about pricing and what to expect. We couldn't have asked for a better reception venue and I hope anyone who has theirs there agrees!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Michael · Married on 08/11/2017

We held our August, 2017 wedding reception at the Sheraton Station Square and would highly recommend to anybody considering the venue.

We were originally drawn to the Sheraton because of the convenience it provided for our of town guests. It is centrally located in Station Square, a quick walk or Uber to downtown, Mt. Washington, and the South Side. Also, being a hotel was a big plus. During our tour, we were blow away by the view of downtown Pittsburgh from the lobby. The Sheraton has a few different rooms to choose from for hosting events, and we ended up with 2/3 of the ballroom.

The highlight of the entire planning process was working with Courtney Drahovsky, Director of Catering. She ensured that the entire process was seamless, from picking colors and decor, to selecting the food, to coordinating with our outside vendors. Courtney was incredibly responsive, and took some last minute changes regarding headcount and setup of the room in stride.

The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. The room was impressive and setup exactly as expected. Courtney's team of caterers, severs, etc. were a pleasure, and we received many compliments on the food. I was amazed that with all of it's moving parts, the entire reception went off without a hitch.

The Sheraton Station Square provided an impressive venue with a top notch catering team at a great value for the area. We would absolutely select this venue all over again after such a positive experience.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Susan · Married on 05/14/2016

I would tell them to go for it!! The Reflections room was perfect with a view of the city and having the additional room for the bar area and cookie tables. Allison (wedding planner) is very knowledge and very accommodating. The food was delicious with healthy portions. The staff was very courteous and professional. We have not one complaint!

Sent on 05/20/2016

We absolutely were thrilled with our wedding day and the Sheratons service that day. We could not have asked for the day to go better!

Sent on 05/24/2016

The Sheraton at Station Square was the perfect place for a Pittsburgh Wedding. Everything was great. From the first meeting with Allison to the day of the wedding every detail was taken care of. The food was great and we had a lot of out of town guest and they were very pleased with everything. I would recommend this place over and over again.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Amy · Married on 11/06/2015

I do not even know where to begin. From the very beginning, through to the end of our stay, the entire staff at the Sheraton Station Square made our wedding process and day an absolute FAIRY-TALE! Allison was the wedding planner that we used and she was extremely helpful, efficient, and kind with absolutely everything. Howie was the captain in charge and he made sure that everything was perfect with us, and the wedding guests, the entire night. The food was delicious and exactly as presented at the tasting. The staff was beyond friendly and went above and beyond with service. I would highly recommend ANYONE to have their wedding at this venue because it was an absolute dream and 100% the best day of our lives, and all thanks to the wonderful service and staff from the Sheraton! I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Was everything we hoped for. Staff and food were excellent.Allison was great and helpful and cheerful at all times. Venue looked beautiful,it was a dream come true.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Hayley · Married on 10/16/2015

I had my ceremony in the Admiral Room and my reception in the Reflections room at the Sheraton in Station Square. It was amazing. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience having my wedding there. From the beginning, Allison was so helpful and nice. She was always responsive and answered any questions we had. She helped us select vendors, who were awesome as well. Allison and everyone at the Sheraton made my dream wedding happen. The food was DELICIOUS, the staff were so nice to everyone and happy and helpful the entire evening. We received so many compliments about how amazing the food was- the cocktail hour food, the filet and chicken for dinner and even the late night snacks. The set up all my decorations perfectly and even packed everything up at the end of the evening. Any special request my groom or I had, they went above and beyond. You cannot beat the value- we researched so many places, but nothing beats the views of Pittsburgh like we had in the Reflections Room. Many of our guests were from out of town and had never been to Pittsburgh. The Sheraton rooms were beautiful and a great location to explore the city. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 10/29/2015

The physical aspects of the venue were elegant and perfect! From the view of the city to the linens, chair covers, cookies, cake, and appetizers ( displayed and butler presented) the evening was like a fairy tale setting. The captain, the catering manager, the banquet director and all the servers were extremely professional and always ready to assist in any situation!! Their personalities shined through with professionalism and quick response at all times. A few "unique" situations were never a difficulty for them as they used ingenuity and wit to solve or avert any problems. I thoroughly enjoyed the planning process with them and it certainly led to an extremely enjoyable event for all attending!
    The appetizers and dinner choices were outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! The presentation by both the kitchen staff and the servers was exquisite to say the least! Best filet mignon that my husband and I have ever had! We appreciated the availability of wine upgrades. We received many positive comments form our guests! Wish we could do it again!!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Katie · Married on 11/15/2014

i had my wedding ceremony and reception here. I worked with Kelly Giger the whole time who is the catering manager. She was amazing. My husband and i chose the sheraton because of the amazing view we had during our reception in the reflections room. It is a room full of windows that overlook the city. Besides the view, the sheraton accommodated us in every need. The staff was so nice and helpful, the food was amazing, and everything was so easy. Kelly really helped us the entire year leading up to the event. I couldnt have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Catering department awesome at listening and accommodating all our needs

Sent on 06/29/2014

Staci · Married on 09/06/2014

Our wedding reception at the Sheraton Station Square was better than I could have ever imagined. The staff at the Sheraton were amazing and did everything in their power to make our day perfect. Our reception was held in the Reflections Room and Admiral Room - it is hands down the most beautiful venue in the city - the backdrop of our wedding recent was the city of Pittsburgh - beautiful! Also, the food was delicious - we received an endless number of compliments from our guests. In my opinion, the Sheraton Station Square is the number one spot for wedding receptions in Pittsburgh!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Marion · Married on 07/05/2014

Both our daughters had their wedding at the Sheraton station square. It was perfect both times. Room was beautiful and food was very good . Thank you to Eric . A very nice man to work with .

Sent on 07/26/2014

Megan · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding was at the Sheraton in Station Square in Pittsburgh. It was absolutely amazing! Eric Bowman was my consultant from the hotel and was very helpful. He was able to handle all of our questions and made our day very smooth and enjoyable. The food was excellent and the service was even bette! I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom that want to have an amazing time and view for their guests.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Julia · Married on 04/27/2013

Having our wedding reception at the Sheraton Station Square was one of the best choices for our day. The entire staff from the doormen, to the front desk, to the entire Sale and Catering staff are 100% professional and easy to work with. They make every request you have seem like no problem at all. The location is great for out of town guests who don't know the area well. Our entire reception went smoothly and without any incident because of their staff.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Dana · Married on 11/09/2012

We had our reception in the Reflections/Admiral Room. The cocktail hour and dancing were in the Reflections Room and dinner in the Admiral Room. It is GORGEOUS in these rooms! The staff are attentive and the food is AMAZING! We worked with Madeline Kelly and she turned our dream wedding into a reality! Would 100% recommend the Sheraton Station Square!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Heather · Married on 10/01/2010

From the first time I visited the Sheraton, I loved the view of downtown Pittsburgh across the river and knew it was a great fit for us. Enjoyed working with Eric and his staff. The fact the wedding package included the food, alcohol and cake made it easier for me to plan the wedding myself. Enjoyed having ceremony and reception in one location.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Heather · Married on 05/01/2010

The Sheraton Station Square Hotel was the perfect lodging location for our guests! It was about five minutes away from the ceremony and reception site, which made transporting guests back and forth so easy! The gorgeous bar and lobby of the hotel gave us great locations for some photos. The guest services were so attentive to me and my husband, making sure that everything we needed/requested was taken care of promptly. Our room was comfortable, had a great view, and was the perfect spot to get ready for my wedding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Pittsburgh, but especially for room-block purposes for your upcoming wedding!

Sent on 05/03/2010

Lisa · Married on 01/01/2010

Pittsburgh Rare went above and beyond in making our reception AMAZING!

Sent on 01/02/2010

Shannon · Married on 10/03/2009

The sheraton was absolutely wonderful. They were so helpful anytime we have a concern or question. Our server introduced herself to us at the beginning of the night and let us know if we needed anything to let her know. The banquest manager introduced himself to our parents and let them know if they needed anything to let them know. All of our guest lodged here also and there wasnt a complaint to be heard. We loved everything! We couldnt have asked for more!

Sent on 05/04/2010
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/16/2009

We had the best experience with the Sheraton Station Square. Our wedding coordinator was awesome. He took very good care of us. He was responsive and very flexible. Everything ran very smooth. His team was great as well.

Sent on 06/02/2009