Sheraton Bloomington Hotel Reviews

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 5
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 6
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 7

Jason M Willis · Married on 06/08/2019

Sheraton exceeded all expectations and ultimately made our special day amazing from start to finish. Emily was very professional!

We could not have asked for a better coordinator, Emily was always there to ensure everything went smoothly. The Sheraton was beautifully remodeled prior to our big day and it couldn't have been revamped more perfect for our set up. Food was great, service was great, over-all process was spectacular!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 13
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 14
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 15

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your day of love with us, Jason, and taking the time to share. Your memory wall brought tears to many eyes, what a personal, beautiful work of art!
  • I

Isaura Castellanos · Married on 05/11/2019

Our wedding

We had our wedding here and it was everything we could ever want. Everyone was very professional and helpful, the food was delicious and the ballroom is just beautiful! Emily made my planning super easy and took away all my stress. They took care of everything, and my guests wouldn’t stop talking about our wedding. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Isa!! We love making things easy for our wedding couples and I can't wait for the photos! Best wishes to you and T!
  • Amanda

Amanda Mcgrath · Married on 03/30/2019

Loved my Wedding

Emily from Sheraton was really professional and very nice to work with. She walked through of every step of the wedding planning with me. Emily helped me plan the most perfect wedding. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding here as it was not only beautiful but completely stress free working with them. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for professionals who take away stress and help you along.

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 16
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 17
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 18
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 19
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 20

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you Amanda! You and Brian are are awesome couple. We loved your vision and you made everything so easy. :) Wishing a lifetime of love laughter and happiness!!
  • Victoria

Victoria Mccollum · Married on 11/17/2018

Space was beautiful, staff was so helpful, food was great.

We loved our entire experience at The Sheraton Bloomington Hotel. Emily was awesome! So attentive, knowledgeable, and had so many great ideas to make our day perfect. We had about 60 out of town guests - being so close to the airport was so helpful for our everyone. We were also able to have everything in one spot which we loved (Ceremony, Social/Cocktail Hour, Dinner/Reception). Space was beautiful and updated, staff was so helpful, food was great. We would definitely recommend to future couples interested.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Victoria! We loved working with you and Travis! :) We hope your new year as a married couple has started out wonderfully!

Nikki · Married on 10/13/2018

Our wedding

Everything was nothing less then perfect. The staff and accommodations through the 3 days we stayed were amazing! Emily worked with us for the past year and she was prodey, accommodating and most of all, patient. We never had to lift a single finger or stress over anything during our wedding and days leading up to. Sheraton Hotel is what I will be recommending to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Nikki! You and Matt were such a joy to work with! Best wishes!!

Deborah · Married on 05/01/2018

I worked with Emily Vieth to arrange a celebration of my daughter's marriage. The actual wedding ceremony took place overseas, where my daughter lives, and we wanted a celebration--like a wedding reception--here in Minnesota with family and friends who weren't able to attend the wedding.
    Emily was terrific to work with, very responsive to my questions, her advice based on her experience was appreciated, and together we went through and decided all the details required to plan for the event.
    The hotel was prepared, the staff carried through on all the expectations I'd expressed.
    Everyone enjoyed the event, it was a great success! I recommend the Sheraton-Bloomington and Emily Vieth to anyone.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/14/2018

We just had our wedding here. Their event coordinator, Emily, was very easy and pleasant to work with and was extremely accommodating. All of the staff did an amazing job despite the extreme weather throwing a wrench in everyone’s plans. My guests loved Brett the bartender, actually heard from a handful of guests that he was very cool. Food was delicious! We’ve been to weddings even at very fancy places where the food wasn’t great but not ours! Everything was perfect and all of the guests enjoyed it. Even the kids meals were great. The hotel rooms are beautiful and comfortable, the ambient lighting of the hotel was perfect for romantic photos. We love the lounge area for gathering with larger family groups. Thanks for making our wedding run smoothly and giving us a great day. We couldn’t be happier. We also just found out our points earned for the hotel has gotten us a free weekend and a visa gift card which is always helpful at the beginning of a marriage

Sent on 04/22/2018
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 21
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 22
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 23
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 24
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 25
  • User6805796 · 1+ year ago

Emily, with the Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, was incredibly professional! Truly appreciated her overview and prompt reply with information about this amazing venue.

Sent on 01/27/2017

Theresa · Married on 08/19/2017

All I can say is WOW! Not only is the Sheraton (Bloomington) an amazingly beautiful venue, the people I worked with were also amazing. The hotel is so photogenic my pics were amazing! The whole experience was so seamless as we got to stay at the hotel and friends and family from out of town were also able to afford to stay at same hotel at a reasonably discounted price. Emily was an amazing manager whose communication skills is out of this world. She made sure we knew what was happening or changing each step of the way. It made my life so easy. Thank you for helping make my day one to remember !

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 26

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much, Theresa, for your kind words and sharing your photos! It was such a joy to work with you. Many wishes for a wonderful new year!

Kristi · Married on 05/27/2017

The Sheraton Bloomington was the perfect place for our wedding reception! The space is beautiful and the right layout and size for a cocktail reception and dinner/dance. The staff was responsive, accommodating and just plain nice - to us and all of our guests. They made everyone feel welcome the whole weekend. The food was delicious - we received many, many compliments on how good it was and how quickly guests were served. Overall they created an evenly-paced evening with just the right amount of time for socializing, eating and dancing. Leading up to the wedding, the staff made sure we had all of the information we needed to make educated decisions around every detail.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristi! It was an absolute pleasure and delight to serve you and your loved ones! Congratulations again!

Ronda · Married on 06/07/2014

As I'm sure most brides would agree, any glich during the planning process can cause some anxiety. In this case, the hotel venue that I had booked for our wedding (ceremony, cocktail reception, dinner and dance) had been sold to another hotel chain and the coordinator I was working with had been replaced. To be very honest, before my first meeting with my new coordiantor, Lisa Brenna, I was a little hesitant. However, Lisa did an incredible job in reviewing the notes provided from previous meetings and conversations, was diligent in making me comfortable with the change and went out of her way to be accommodating. I was constantly checking in, asking an insane amount of questions and had some special requests. Lisa worked with the staff at the hotel to ensure everything was 100% taken care of! She even arranged for a special birthday dessert with candles for one of my aunts who was attending our wedding on her birthday! Not to mention making accommodations for my uncle with a butter alergy and the vegan photograher! She was extremely professional, very responsive and truly a pleasure to work with! I'd recommend all brides in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to consider booking their wedding at the Sheraton in Bloomington and work with Lisa Brenna! You won't be disappointed!.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Megan is simply the best. Please keep her and reward her. She made our special day work perfectly

Sent on 09/09/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/22/2011

We chose the Sofitel because of its decor and delicious food, not to mention, the event planner. We developed an amazing relationship with the planner. When our initial planner left 2 months before or wedding (after most of the arrangements had been made and notated in our file), I was not too sure how I was going to feel! No problem! My wedding was handled with the highest of importance and most capable of staff! I cannot tell you how the Sofitel went above and beyond to make sure every detail of my wedding was carried out to perfection! The Sofitel is a classy and elegant venue to hold a wedding, with the staff to back it up!! AMAZING ..Fabulous ...And maybe even Perfect! They treat their brides and grooms as if they were royalty!!!

Sent on 06/10/2011

Emma K. · Married on 03/02/2019

Great for winter weddings!

We got married at the Sheraton in March and had a great experience. Our wedding was cold and snowy which made the Sheraton the perfect spot for our guests since they didn't need to travel between the reception and their hotel. In addition, Emily was very responsive and helpful throughout our wedding planning process. The day of our wedding went extremely smoothly and everything looked beautiful - the Sheraton even surprised us with decorative napkins and fancy linens for our cake table the day before our wedding at no cost to us. We highly recommend the Sheraton if you are looking for a great place to get married that won't break your budget.

Sent on 03/13/2019

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you Emma! You and Joe were such a blast to work with :) Truly a dream couple. Many wishes for a lifetime of love laughter and happiness!

Kayla · Married on 01/19/2019

Reception review

They were really great, the event coordinator was really friendly and professional. The staff were all friendly and very professional.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you Kayla! You were such an easy bride to work with and your friends and family were delightful! Thank you for letting us share in your special day!

Julie · Married on 09/16/2017

Emily was great - incredibly responsive and accommodating. We had a significant number of family/friends stay at the hotel for the weekend. Everyone had a great stay/experience.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you Julie! We loved working with you and Paul!

Muna · Married on 07/02/2017

My wedding was here on July 2 and when I say they did an outstanding job, they REALLY did an outstanding amazing job. The staff really worked with my needs and accommodation and everything that I wanted to make the night perfect and indeed it was. Our planner outdid herself and worked with us to fix any problem and make sure everything was perfect and professional. If I had to have another wedding again, I wouldn't look at anywhere else but the Sheraton Hotel.

Sent on 01/14/2018
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 27
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 28
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 29

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much, Muna! It was such a joy to work with you! Thank you for sharing your pictures!

Shawn · Married on 05/06/2017

we were happy overall, its really hard to give advice as everyone is different so not sure what to write

Sent on 05/24/2017

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Shawn! It was our sincere pleasure to host your and Ashley's special day! Congratulations again and many well wishes!

shawn · Married on 05/06/2017

We had our wedding at the Sheraton, Bloomington last may 5/6/17. Overall it was a great experience Emily Vieth was great to work with and really helped with everything along the process. We were super happy in the end. We got lots of compliments on the venue and having our ceremony in the garden court was a great area. We had happy hour in lower hallway. The ballroom was great as they had just upgraded to new flooring and chairs and easily fit our 200 guests

Sent on 01/15/2018
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 30
    Sheraton Bloomington Hotel 31

Kimberly · Married on 08/10/2019

4.2

Bar or Keg

If you have an open bar or pay for a keg of beer for your guess make sure there is a sign letter your guess know that's it's free of charge.

Sent on 08/28/2019

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing Sheraton Bloomington Hotel for your special day Kimberly! You and Brandon were such a pleasure to work with and we wish you a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness. Thank you for the opportunity to follow up on any questions so that we could do our best to contribute to joyful memories of a wedding day which was full of love!

Hannah · Married on 10/07/2017

3.5
      3.0

Overall, the hotel was a very pretty location to host our reception. We had plenty of space for the small number of guests and the rooms themselves were great. The front desk staff were all very friendly and our bartender was excellent as well.
    There were a few hiccups throughout our experience that did create some small frustrations. We had issues with our guest block on the day of the wedding. The online page created for guests to reserve rooms worked just fine, but the price was significantly higher than on other hotel booking sites leading many of our guest to use the cheaper 3rd party sites. When we found out about the issue the coordinator was very apologetic and fixed the price problem, but by that time nearly everyone was already booked. The coordinator said she could still try to get all of our guests into a block, but the day of they ended up scattered across the whole hotel which was inconvenient as several families were split up.
    The day of the wedding we ran into some small issues. Initially upon entering our room to decorate the wait staff did not have the tables set up in the room as discussed and had used the wrong colored linens. Both very easily solved, but the stress was unneeded that morning. The wait staff also did not serve the cake as discussed in planning. This was an issue as our cake had multiple flavors which did not get to be eaten by guests. The biggest concern was during the dinner servers were very quick to remove plates and drinks, even if guests were not done. We had many guests say that whenever they got up to dance their drinks would be gone, no matter how much was left and several who stated they did not get to even complete their entree before it was bussed.
    In the end it went very well and all of the problems were easily solved or shrugged off. More communication between the staff and the event coordinator could have prevented some of the issues we had.

Sent on 01/27/2018

Sheraton Bloomington Hotel's reply:

Thank you, Hannah, for taking the time to write a review and for your valuable feedback. We truly enjoyed working with you and Hunter and wish you well in the New Year!