Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club Reviews

36 Reviews for Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club

• Claire

Claire N. · Married on 06/26/2021

Wedding of our dreams!

We got married here in the summer of 2021 in the new venue and we could not have imagined a better wedding day. Shepherd’s Hollow was the first and only venue we toured. We were sold right away with how stunning the venue is, the gorgeous setting with the pine trees, and the incredible food and customizations that the wedding packages have to offer. Working with Cassie and all the other staff was also great - they really helped us make our day everything we wanted it to be. The staff even went above and beyond to switch our ceremony from indoors to outdoors as was originally planned when the weather forecast cleared up only 3 hours before the wedding started! It really couldn’t have been a more magical day and we are both so grateful to have such beautiful and fun memories to look back on.

Sent on 07/12/2021
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/12/2020

Magical Venue

The venue itself speaks volumes but it wouldn't have been as incredible if it wasn't for the staff. Our family and friends couldn't say enough great things about their experience as a guest. The food was amazing, the bartenders kept everyone happy and the atmosphere was contagious. If you're looking for that magical wedding, this place won't disappoint.

Sent on 07/21/2021

Julie S. · Married on 08/14/2020

Bride's mom

Cassie and the entire staff at Shepherds Hollow went above and beyond to accommodate our guests and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Our guests are still giving us rave reviews about the food and the ambiance of the evening. Many said it was the nicest wedding they ever attended! The grounds are unbelievably gorgeous. We rented the bridal suite for our pre-ceremony photos and preparations and we're very glad we did.

Sent on 08/23/2020

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review here Julie. It was our pleasure working with you and Kayla in planning her wedding. It's amazing to hear that many of your guests said it was the nicest wedding they ever attended. That's music to our ears!

Wishing you all the best!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/12/2019

The perfect romantic venue

My husband and I got married at Shepherds Hollow on October 12th of this year, and we could not have asked for a more PERFECT day!! Or perfect venue! It's secluded and romantic and is the perfect mix of both elegant and rustic. Our ceremony was outside in front of these gorgeous pine trees with the twinkle lights above... It felt like a fairytale. Kelly the coordinater was so easy going and extremely helpful to work with. Whenever I had a question she was quick to call or email be back. She is extremely organized and made the entire process a breeze. She is there the day of the wedding, helping to setup, and stays a few hours into the night just to make sure things are going smoothly. She is awesome. Our family and friends (even weeks later!) keep saying this was the most beautiful wedding and venue they have ever been to. The atmosphere is inviting and is the perfect size for mingling. The food was amazing as well! I would 1000% recommend this place :) Thank you Kelly and the entire team at Shepherds Hollow for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Katie! Thanks so much for the amazing review. It was so fun working with you and Jordan to plan your wedding. You two are so sweet together and your wedding was an absolute fall dream! All the best to you both today and always! ~ Kelly
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 09/07/2019

The most incredible day of our lives.

Words cannot express how happy I am that we chose Shepherd’s Hollow Golf Club as our wedding venue. My husband Kyle and I had our ceremony and reception at Shepherd’s Hollow Golf Club on September 7th. The first word that comes to my mind when I think of my wedding day is “intimate”. Our ceremony took place on the back patio and was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The trees surrounding us were breathtaking and it felt very secluded. This venue offers an indoor and outdoor setting and we took advantage of every space possible. We had our cocktail hour on the veranda and also had our dance floor outside on the patio. We danced the night away under the trees, stars, and bistro lights. It was truly magical. The venue building and atmosphere made us feel like we were in Charleston, which is one of my favorite places. I received so many compliments from my guests on how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue space was. Kelly, our wedding coordinator, was very easy to work with. She made our entire wedding planning process run smooth and made sure that nothing was out of place. It was perfect. Everything was beyond our expectations and we cannot thank Kelly and the whole Shepherd’s Hollow team enough.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Lauren! Thank you for this amazing review. Your wedding was incredible. I absolutely love all of your pictures. Simply breathtaking. Wishing you and Kyle all the best today and always!

Emily H. · Married on 08/10/2019

Magical Experience

I wouldn't change a thing about this venue. I loved every second of the event and I was so happy to have the Shepard's Hollow team running our event & I loved all of the vendors we had working with us. If you like a natural setting, I would highly recommend this venue. Kelly was fantastic to work with, and I'm so happy we were able to work with her. If you're looking for something perfect, try and book a date here.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Emily! Thanks so much for the sweet review. it was such a pleasure working with you and Trent for your wedding. Wishing you both all the best in your new life together. ~ Kelly

Sarah M. · Married on 06/22/2019

A perfect day!

We got married on 6/22/19. Kelly was our coordinator at Shepherd's Hollow. She was on top of EVERYTHING, and made sure all the details were in place for our big day!! We are still getting compliments since our wedding on the venue environment, food (amazing!) And staff...they made our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Sarah. The photos from your wedding day are simply gorgeous! I love how happy you and Jeff are in all of them. Cheers to you both today and always!

Liz · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Amazing Experience!

Words cannot express how happy I am that I chose to get married at Shepherd's Hollow! My husband and I got married at Shepherd's Hollow in Clarkston at the beginning of October and everything was amazing. Kelly, our coordinator, was available any time over the year of our engagement to help us with every detail, even things we never thought about. The venue is stunning and offers an inside location with an outside veranda and patio where our guests played games, had cocktail hour, and spent almost the whole night as it was warm. I got so many compliments on how good the food and appetizers were as well as the attentive service at the bar and during dinner. I could not have asked for a better place for our reception. Everything was spectacular, and Kelly and her team sure know how to go WAY above and beyond to make sure you are 100% comfortable and confident going into your wedding day. She made the day go so seamlessly, and I am so appreciative of her and this place!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Liz. Your wedding was amazing and it was such a pleasure to do for you and Kevin!

Stacy · Married on 09/01/2018

We had a smaller, more intimate wedding here and I cant say enough good things about them. We worked with Kelly and Mariah and they both were phenomenal. They made the whole process seem like a breeze and answered every question I threw at them. I was very surprised and pleased when they went above and beyond to help with things that were not expected. They set up our tables and decor, had the cake cut up and even managed our rehearsal walk through because our officiant couldn't be there. They did so much to make the day as stress free as possible for us. Also, this place is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Stacy thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you to put together your wedding. Wishing you and Brad a lifetime of happiness!

Elaine · Married on 06/09/2018

After touring several venues for our daughters wedding, we couldn't have chosen a better place than Shepherds Hollow. Kelly, our wedding coordinator, was phenomenal, handling every detail to ensure a memorable day. The venue was stunning, the food was fabulous, both presentation and taste, and the staff was very welcoming. Our guests enjoyed a wonderful evening and we received raves months after the event.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review Elaine. It was so great working with you to plan your daughter's wedding reception. Wishing all the best to your family!

Meghan Q. · Married on 05/12/2018

Truly the best!

Would recommend to anyone. We had the best wedding planning experience. Kelly the wedding coordinator was a huge help in making our day enjoyable and unforgettable.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Meghan thank you so much for this review. You, your parents and Fred were so great to work with in planning your wedding. It was such a joy! I hope you and Fred are loving newlywed life!

Erica · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Shepherd’s Hollow and we could not have been happier with our decision! We knew we wanted a woodsy setting, and SH was the perfect place for us. Magical is truly the best word to describe it. The entire venue transformed for our wedding day, and our guests still talk about our wedding as one of the most beautiful they have ever been to. Our guests loved the wrap around veranda and twinkle lights— which was fully utilized on our warm late October wedding. Not only was it beautiful but the food by far exceeded our expectations. The chefs are truly masters at their craft, and you can tell just how much effort they put into preparing each plate at the first bite. My husband and I will often stop by to have dinner and to reminisce about our wedding day— and the food is just as perfect every time we stop in. Kelly was also wonderful to work with and she made keeping in constant communication a breeze!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Erica this review is incredible. Thank you so much. I hope you and Dustin are enjoying married life to the fullest. Come visit us again soon!
  • Cathy

Cathy · Married on 08/05/2017

Beautiful wedding Site!

Our daughter's ceremony AND reception were held at Shepherd's Hollow July 27th, 2019. We were 100% pleased with the venue. Kelly and her staff delivered on all that was promised! The ceremony performed in a beautiful setting amidst the pine trees and the clubhouse accommodated our 75 guests beautifully - not too large, not too small. The dinner was delicious, the service excellent - we would highly recommend this venue! It was such a relief to have the evening run smoothly thanks to Kelly and the complete staff! They were professional and helpful in so many ways. It was a wonderful wedding - thanks to Shepherd's Hollow and their staff!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club's reply:

Thanks so much for the lovely review Cathy. It was so wonderful working with you and your daughter, Lisa, to plan her wedding. It was such a treat having you all with us. All the best to you and your family! ~Kelly

Jayme · Married on 08/20/2016

From the first moment we went to Shepherds Hollow we knew it was going to be the perfect venue. From the incredible setting to the staff who worked there we couldn't have asked for anything more. They made everything perfect and all of our requests happen. I cannot imagine a more perfect venue to get married at. I wish we could re-live the day over and over again!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Melanie · Married on 07/30/2016

Perfect venue for a wedding. Great staff and service.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Lindsey · Married on 07/23/2016

I worked with both Kristy and Amanda and they were phenomenal. We planned our whole wedding while we lived in Colorado and Kristy went out of her way to accommodate our schedule. It an amazing venue and really doesn't need many decorations as the setting is so beautiful. It was affordable and they have plenty of "add ons", though we really only added on a late night snack. I forget the chef's name but he did a great job as well. We kept getting compliments on how beautiful everything was, but also how great the food was. They have their own vegetable garden and it was great to have the fresh foods in our wedding dinner. We had both the ceremony and dancing outside on the terrace which was always a dream of mine. They have beautiful lights overhanging the dance floor and it just sets a romantic tone for such an amazing night.

Sent on 08/10/2016

B. · Married on 07/08/2016

Food was delicious and the staff was great. Very pretty venue.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

I cannot say enough about this amazing venue. Everyone we know was at the wedding were in awe of this venues beauty and uniqueness. Kristie was a pleasure to work with. The staff catered to our guests and as the bride ensured that the groom and I were taken care of. The food was delicious and we got multiple compliments on it. The outside uncovered dance floor was a major plus for the evening to dance under the stars. Most people recently married were commenting that they wish they would have found this hidden gem in the woods for themselves!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Lesley · Married on 10/24/2015

Shepherd's Hollow Golf Club was the prefect location for our ceremony/reception. Kristy was extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process. She made it so the wedding went off without a hitch! The backdrop was beautiful. The reception hall was perfect for our 75 person wedding. I would strongly recommend this location to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2015

Shepherds Hollow was the perfect backdrop for our wedding reception. Dancing under the stars, classic interior, and a full wrap around porch all helped us realize our design for the reception.
    S.H. Team is professional and responsive! A pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Victoria · Married on 09/19/2015

Our wedding at Shepherd's Hollow was simply amazing and perfect! Everything about Shepherd's Hollow was exactly how I imagined it. The wrap around porch, the simple beauty of the building in the woods, the lights over the dance floor outside. All perfect. I heard only wonderful things from our guests about their food, drinks and overall service. My own food was amazing and Shepherd's Hollow staff was always there for my husband, myself, and the bridal party asking us if we needed or wanted anything.

Kristy was extremely responsive to our many, many questions and emails about our wedding day. Everyone at Shepherd's Hollow was very helpful the week of the wedding and the day off. They help set up half the room after you set up the first half of the room, which is extremely helpful for those setting up.

I never imagined myself having my reception at a golf course because I feel like too many people do that and I wanted to be different than others. Well, Shepherd's Hollow was the best decision I made about our reception. Because of the layout of the course and the wonderfully, beautiful tall pine trees, you can't even see a hole from the reception venue. Everyone commented on how magically beautiful Shepherd's Hollow was and how different it was because of the wrap around porch, outdoor dance floor, and the fact that it was surrounded by beautiful woods.

I honestly couldn't have imagined a better wedding reception or overall day at Shepherd's Hollow. I would LIKELY recommend to anyone considering Shepherd's Hollow for their wedding reception to book it!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Julissa · Married on 09/18/2015

Just recently had my wedding at Shepherds Hollow and it was AMAZING! The whimsical yet elegant woods setting/back-drop was exactly what I was looking for but could not find anywhere else. I found that the price was great compared to other venues and included a lot more than other venues. Kristy, Kelly, Kara and all of the staff were phenomenal! They were always professional, honest and prompt. I must have emailed Kristy a thousand times and never waited more than 30 minutes for a response no matter the time or day. Kelly went above and beyond the day of helping get everything organized and looking fabulous. They were extremely flexible and creative when assisting me plan my special day, they even set-up and allowed me to have a drink tasting with the head bartender (Kara) and it was such a fun experience! The chef's food was delicious, organic, locally produced and loved by all of my guests. Shepherd's Hollow was the absolute best decision I made and the staff truly listened and helped me execute my dream wedding without a hitch. Would absolutely recommend this venue to everyone.

Sent on 09/28/2015

I highly recommend Shepherds Hollow for anyone who is looking to have a wedding or really any event here. Our day was perfect.

Sent on 08/08/2015

We are extremely happy that we decided to have our wedding at shepherds hollow. The entire staff was great and made sure the entire day was prefect. Without hesitation, we would recommend to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/21/2015