Shelly's Designs Florist Reviews

Shelly's Designs Florist 7
  • Geena

Geena · Married on 06/21/2019

Beautiful Flowers

We hired Shelly to do the flowers for our wedding on June 21, 2019. We asked for centerpieces, bridesmaids lanterns, a bridal bouquet, and boutineers. Shelly absolutely delivered, everything was amazing! Shelly really took the time to sit with us and discuss our vision for the day, she had ideas on types of flowers which was great because I know nothing about flowers. After our consultation and decision i changed my mind about a few things and Shelly was very flexible, even changing out invoice for some things that changed. She was very responsive and we were excited for the wedding.

The day of the wedding the flowers were delivered perfectly on time and when they came to the room I was blown away! I saw the beautiful bouquet filled with flowers and succulents and all the colors I asked for, accompanied by the bridesmaids lanterns which were overflowing with lush greenery and colorful flowers in hues of purple as I had requested. Everyone was floored with the execution that Shelly accomplished! If that wasn't enough, the guys boutonnieres were perfect and I couldn't have asked for prettier centerpieces at the reception!

Shelly was very flexible in the fact that I had purchased my own terrariums for the reception and i just wanted her to fill them with greenery and flowers, we dropped them off the week before the wedding and she delivered them all done perfectly to the reception space.

Overall I would 100% recommend Shelly to anyone, her work is fantastic!!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Shelly's Designs Florist 16
    Shelly's Designs Florist 17
    Shelly's Designs Florist 18

Katy · Married on 05/19/2018

My flowers were BEAUTIFUL! I loved working with Shelly and I would recommend any other bride to her! The attention to detail was incredible and she made my dream bouquets turn into reality! Plus, I really trusted her expertise and she helped transform my wedding into my dream come true! Thank you Shelly!!

Sent on 05/29/2018
    Shelly's Designs Florist 19

Alexandrea · Married on 05/19/2018

Our flowers were absolutely perfect! Shelly listened to what I had thought up in my head and brought it to life. The flowers were beautiful and my bouquet was more beautiful than I could imagine. She’s a talented florist and she made everything perfect for my big day. I would recommend her a million times over.

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Shelly's Designs Florist 20
    Shelly's Designs Florist 21
    Shelly's Designs Florist 22

Katie · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't say enough about Shelly's work. I had high expectations from what I had seen of her arrangements and yet she still managed to exceed all of them! She was able to take my jumbled ideas and turn them into exactly what I wanted. Her attention to detail from the smallest boutonnière to the grandest church decoration was outstanding, and we got so many comments as to how stunning the flowers were. The florals at our ceremony and reception will always remain one of my favorite parts of our wedding day.

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Shelly's Designs Florist 23

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

Shelly is the sweetest woman and will go above and beyond to make your day special whatever it may be.. I had her for my wedding and she made everything come to life.. it was perfect a s couldn't have had anyone do better.. definetely 100% recommend!!!!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Jillian · Married on 03/18/2017

Shelly is the perfect florist! Every wedding in my family has used shelly and I was seriously happy to follow tradition. She was amazing, her work flawless, and she is just amazing. She will make your wedding dreams come true! She is professional, organized, warm, welcoming, and just a bride's best friend. I would recommend her to anyone having a GR wedding.

Sent on 03/07/2017
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 01/28/2017

Shelly was very helpful in helping us decide which florals, greens and rentals would be the best for us. She recommended pretty much everything based off of 2-3 pictures I send her of things we liked, which of course made it very easy for us! As an out-of-state bride living in Arizona and getting married in Michigan, planning was an extra challenge. Shelly could not have done a better job of making our vision a reality. Our reception was beyond gorgeous, even better than we imagined. We got positive feedback all night long on how beautiful the bouquets and centerpieces were. Aside from the flowers and greenery we also rented assorted candles and branch candelabras that matched our theme perfectly. Her crew came in and set up and tore down everything flawlessly. Thank you so much Shelly, even though I never got a chance to meet you in person, you played a HUGE part in our perfect day and made everything that much more beautiful!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Meena · Married on 10/14/2016

Shelly did an AMAZING job with my bouquets. They were more beautiful than I imagined they could possibly be! I just showed her a couple pictures and let her run with it and they turned out to be gorgeous - everyone at the wedding commented on how pretty they were. She is very kind and helpful and accommodating as well. I would recommend her to any bride, any day.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Shelly went above and beyond for our wedding! She was very flexible with our limited availability to meet and last minute changes to our order. Shelly was also extremely responsive to emails and always took the time to answer our questions. We told her our budget, and our vision and she made it happen! It was like she pulled a picture out of my head and delivered it to me in a bouquet! Our flowers were so beautiful and we got so many compliments on them. I would highly recommend Shelly!

Sent on 06/05/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/24/2015

Shelly went above and beyond to make us happy. We requested some additional work done with the arch at Frederik Meijer and everything turned out perfectly. The reception flowers were BEAUTIFUL, exactly what we were looking for, as were the bouquets for the ceremony. Thanks so much Shelly!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/23/2015

Shelly created the most beautiful and elegant floral arrangements ever. We showed her picture of what we wanted and that is exactly what we got. She is so fun and pleasant to wok with as well.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/18/2015

Working with Shelly was simply amazing. I was beyond impressed from the minute we met. She listened to my thoughts & suggestions, was professional from beginning to end, and most importantly...could handle my father! (Which says a lot.) Our flowers were EXACTLY as I envisioned, and the cost was more than reasonable. I can't say enough about Shelly - I'm so glad I found her! Shelly, thank you for everything! Your work was outstanding.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Angela · Married on 06/27/2015

I ADORED all the flowers that Shelly did for my wedding! She was so fantastic to work with- from meeting with us early on since I was moving, to making sure we could meet with her again when I was visiting, to the day of the wedding- fantastic. My vision changed a little bit along the way, and Shelly graciously and creatively accommodated that. She helped me stay within my budget, which I really appreciated. All the things I had asked for came out better and more beautiful than I could have imagined. I HIGHLY recommend Shelly's Designs Florist!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Emily · Married on 05/02/2015

Shelly was wonderful to work with. She was excellent at giving advice for what went well together to make the wedding day flowers exactly like I wanted. We had previously used Shelly for my elder sister's wedding and she was fantastic then too. She had everything to decorate the church and reception including a unity candle set and pillars for the flowers. The church and reception were beautiful! Thank you Shelly for making my wedding beautiful.

Sent on 05/11/2015

We loved working with Shelly and were thrilled with how our flowers looked. She did a great job helping to plan for the day, and her attention to detail was excellent. Everything went smoothly and we got many compliments on how beautiful our flowers were.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Haley · Married on 04/18/2015

I showed Shelly a picture of the flowers that I wanted, and she made exactly what I asked for. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! Well worth the cost! She did beautiful work! Definitely would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/26/2015

It was wonderful working with Shelly. She took my ideas and made them even better than I could imagine. She was very responsive to questions and concerns. I would recommend Shelly's Designs Florist to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Melanie · Married on 10/25/2014

We found Shelly’s Designs online and really liked the arrangements that she put together. We also liked that she was an independent business owner. Because we live in Chicago but our wedding was in Grand Rapids, the majority of our communication was via email. Shelly was extremely responsive and timely and made this an easy process.

We arranged a meeting with Shelly and she is great - extremely knowledgeable and friendly. She provided suggestions and really helped us narrow down what we wanted. We opted for real flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres and then fake flower arrangements for the front of the ceremony room, which we rented from Shelly. These arrangements looked great and were available at a fraction of the cost of a real, large floral arrangement. She also has a multitude of different items you can rent, including card vases/boxes, name card holders, candle holders, vases and numerous other items. Her prices are extremely reasonable as well.

Shelly delivered everything on time and as expected and even came and picked up all of our rental items at the end of the night for a nominal fee. Our bouquets and arrangements were GORGEOUS and even better than discussed or expected. Many of our guests commented on how wonderful the flowers were. My only regret was that I had to leave for my honeymoon two days after the wedding so I didn’t have the opportunity to enjoy my bouquet after the fact! If I ever need floral arrangements again, I would definitely contact Shelly and would recommend her to any of my friends and family!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Shelly has done a great job! We meet with her and she walked us through everything. I had brought pictures of the flowers that we wanted and different ideas that I liked. She was able to help me figure out what I wanted and what flowers would look great. I would highly recommend her. Shelly is great to work with and I cant wait to see what she will do for my wedding! I highly recommend her :)

Sent on 05/02/2014

kim · Married on 09/27/2014

Shelly did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding. She was fantastic to work with and was able to help us stay in budget. Shelly made the whole process easy for us and was so patient with listening to our ideas and responsive to what my daughter wanted as well as me, the mother. You could tell she had an experienced eye and knew exactly what to do to make my daughter's wedding absolutely amazing. We both were so happy with EVERYTHING!! We heard over and over again how everything looked very simple but elegant. We could not have done it without Shelly. She is truly amazing!! Thank you so much Shelly!!!

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • TexasBeThyFrontier

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2014

Shelly was a phenomenal, high-value florist, referred to us twice at other amazing weddings in the area. She works in a home studio to keep costs low. She also knows what is going to be in-season and will substitute for another flower that just won't work that time of year (peonies vs. garden roses).

Even if you have a good-sized budget, she'll still keep you aware of costs so that you are spending your money for what you really want. For example, we loved a bouquet she had featured on her website that had monkey tails. She likes monkey tails, too, but she also let us know they cost $8/pop! That adds up quickly and could eat up the budget that could go towards more sizable, high-impact blooms. We found other contemporary flowers to add for the "fun factor," and they turned out perfectly.

Shelly is up-to-date with technology. She keeps an active Pinterest page of her work (www.pinterest.com/shellysdesigns/) and you can easily share your Pinterest ideas with her. She takes diligent notes during your meetings to record exactly what was discussed so there are no misunderstandings, too. However, she's also really flexible! Our outdoor ceremony venue had lots of black-eyed Susans, and my mother called a few weeks before the wedding to see if we could incorporate them into the flower arrangements and bouquets -- no prob! We had a bike-themed wedding, and we found some cute beach cruiser bikes to display at our reception. They had big baskets, and my mother asked Shelly if she would add flowers to the baskets. Well, she didn't just add flowers -- they were overflowing and amazing arrangements, and the cost was extremely competitive.

My particular vision was for bright colors with lots of interesting textures. We decided on orange callas, roses, pincushion protea, red berries, yellow billy balls, hot pink garden roses, hot pink dahlias, black-eyed susans, succulents, and seeded eucalyptus. They held up very well. We planted the succulents in our garden in Texas!

Sent on 09/29/2014
  • User3519740 · 2+ years ago

Shelly has a wonderful showroom and had exactly what I was looking for to go with my simple and elegant vintage wedding theme. She was very prompt whenever I emailed her, and she was very helpful to me when I moved out of town and was trying to coordinate everything from the other side of the state.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/26/2014

We planned our wedding from out of state. Working with Shelley was a wonderful experience. She took every idea we had and made it possible. On our wedding day the flowers turned out better then I could ever have imagined. Everyone who attended our wedding said that they had never seen such beautiful arrangements and flowers.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Judy · Married on 05/10/2014

It was a complete joy to work with Shelly on planning my daughter's wedding which took place on May 10th.

Shelly is the total package...She is first and foremost very talented. Shelly's designs are incredible! Shelly is also one of the nicest and most pleasant people I have ever met. She is fun and is totally interested in making your event exactly what you want. She listened to everything my daughter had in mind and went from there...We absolutely LOVE her!!!

Shelly offered several different options and gave us plenty of time to work out our selections. Shelly has many different decor items to rent which enhance the final product of her designs. Her ideas and concepts are so beautiful you cannot go wrong!!! The flowers she made for my daughter's wedding still today (3 days later) look as fresh as the day they arrived at church.

Shelly delivered in more ways than one...(literally and figuratively)...I heard over and over again from our guests that they have never seen such an elegant and beautiful presentation! Thank you, Shelly!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Shelly did a wonderful job on the flowers for our wedding. I had heard such great things about her and she's truly lived up to her reputation. I still have people coming up to me asking who did my flowers because they were so beautiful. She was able to tie in all of my colors and made the hall so bright and colorful. Thank you so much Shelly!!

Sent on 06/03/2014