Iowa Rent A Cake Reviews

Iowa Rent A Cake View more information

• Rayne
    Rayne B. Married on 10/16/2020

Tastefully Tasty

Shelly was great to work with and makes the cake process easy! She has many options with different choices to suit each brides needs. The rental wedding cake is the way to go! You still get to have your cake cutting pictures/moment but without the price tag that comes with your typical decorated wedding cake! It was easy to coordinate my vision for the cake as well as the return of the cake. She is quick to respond and has organized paperwork to help spell out all you need to know for the wedding cake process. The cake was absolutely delicious! We had three different sheet cake flavors and all our guests raved about the options with Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Bridal White, and Lemon Pucker!
    Photo: Bridget Couwenhoven
    Deanna Married on 06/23/2018
    Our last minute decision to order a cake from Shelly turned out to be one of the best decisions we could have made. Her willingness to work with us on short notice was so very helpful and her cakes speak for themselves! Not a morsel left! Everyone raved about the cake. As a matter of fact, our caterer couldn’t cut them fast enough! So thankful for this sweet lady, and her sweet cakes! *(BTW our flavor choices were Lemon/Raspberry Zinger, Black Tie, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Fields. I can’t pick a favorite because I only got a crumb of the Lemon, but the chocolate was flying off the table!)
    Russ Married on 11/01/2014
    Great cake and looked great too.
    Jalynne Married on 05/25/2014
    Shelly did an wonderful job with our wedding cake design it was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. The cake we served tasted amazing. We had so many complements on the it. Shelly was flexible and made it easy to return the rented cake portion. I think this is a great route for wedding cakes, we had little to no cake left over the next morning. Very cost effective and tastes excellent! Our favorites were Strawberry Fields and Tuxedo.
  • User1578658 2+ years ago
    Shelly is so great and super sweet!!! Loved everything!! The rent a cake is such a great idea!! Please consider Iowa Rent A Cake to make your wedding day special!! All the cake flavors are TO DIE FOR!!! Absolutley AMAZING!!!!
    Sydney Married on 12/31/2013
    Best Cake Ever!!! Working with Rent-a-Cake was super easy and stress free! I love everything about this concept, and it was very budget friendly! I had a beach theme cake, and she couldn't have made it any more perfect! It had a very earthy, rustic beach feel, and she captured my idea of what I wanted perfectly! The cakes were delivered, on time, and fresh! Everyone at my reception was blown away by how good each flavor tasted! Rent-a-Cake is hassle free, budget friendly, has professional service, and DELICIOUS!!!
    Nikki Married on 06/01/2013
    Amazing is all I can say about Shelly! The cake turned out so beautiful and it tasted amazing.
  • User1304935 2+ years ago
    A better affordable way to do cake! Shelly was awesome to work with, gave me exactly what we wanted and at a great price! She did so great my cousin booked her the week after my wedding!
    Kaylyn Married on 08/07/2010
    Shelly was absolutely wonderful to work with! Not only did I use shelly for my wedding cake so did 3 of my cousins and now my soon to be sister in law plans on using her as well! She not only makes wonderful cakes but is a great person as well!

For our wedding we used the rent-a-cake and couldn't have been happier! We got so many compliments on how beautiful our cake was and not to mention how yummy it was! I went to tons of bridal shows but you can never find a cake that is both moist, full of flavor AND not too sweet! Her cakes are the perfect combination!

I have pictures posted in my profile so feel free to take a peak!

our flavors we chose were Raspberry Zinger, Chocolate Lovers and I think Lemon Zinger
    Lindsey Married on 05/23/2009
    She is wonderful to work with! The cake was amazing and the presentation was beautiful!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 04/24/2010
    Shelly's Country Cakes also does rent-a-cakes which are AMAZING!! The cost is very reasonable & helpful when you're on a tighter budget. Her cakes also taste phenomenal! Because we couldn't decide on flavors, we had 4 different selections at my reception & there were people raving about each & every one. I would recommend Shelly's Country Cakes to ANY bride no matter what design or budget they might be working with. She also did an incredible job with the grooms cake. I had an idea & she truly brought it to life! GREAT vendor!
  • Steph A
    Steph Married on 05/28/2011
    Shelly was our #3 choice, based on taste. Number 1 refused to do a buttercream cake for us, #2 was too expensive. Shelly had a lot of flavors to choose from; at our first meeting she brought us six cupcakes and was very straightforward about talking business but also very friendly and likable. When we didn't love how the buttercream tasted, she worked with us to find a way to make it yummier, which we really appreciated. Our cake had almost no decoration and was still quite pricey, but our guests raved about the way it looked and tasted so we'd definitely recommend Shelly to anyone. Try the almond!