Shell Island Resort Reviews

Shell Island Resort 7
  • Tana

Tana Faircloth Lee · Married on 06/21/2019

Faircloth/Lee Wedding 6/21/19

Shell Island Resort was beyond amazing!!
    From the event planning over the past 10 months to last minute changes with our wedding reception & guest headcount was seamless. We worked with Alex & Valerie and they both were professional and always willing to make sure we were 100% satisfied.
    While we did use incrediblebeachweddings.com & worked with Tracy for the ceremony package; Shell Island covered everything with the reception, additional space for the bridal party to get ready, our blocked rooms and just overall amazing customer service.
    The rooms were clean and well kept.
    The convenience of having more than enough parking for our family and guests was awesome! We had over 130 people (total) at our wedding & reception.
    The safeness of the resort allowed our children to stick together with the older children and come and go to the pool as they pleased.
    The food was scrumptious too!! The fried chicken, sides & vegetables were well seasoned and very tasteful.
    We would definitely choose Shell Island if we had to do it all over again!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Shell Island Resort 8
    Shell Island Resort 9
    Shell Island Resort 10
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding at Shell Island Resort

We got married at Shell Island on June 1. From the very start, working with Meredith, George, Alex, and Valerie has been a true pleasure. Their whole team was always on top of any questions, concerns, and requests we had. And let me tell you, we had a zillion questions! The service was top notch - everything was executed flawlessly! The food, drinks, amazing view, and staff made this the most memorable night of our lives. We can't thank them enough! If you want a professional group to handle your wedding, look no further than Shell Island.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Kristy

Kristy Elyse · Married on 05/19/2019

Romantic Oceanside Wedding!

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful on the beach! We had an arbor right next to the ocean that was decorated with white flowy curtains, wisteria flowers, and amnesia roses. This was a picturesque and ideal spot for us to say our vows! We were so very happy and excited to see that our wedding went so well! Everything flowed pretty smoothly and everyone enjoyed the food and the reception. The ballroom was beautifully decorated and had a perfect view of the ocean and beach. Their new renovations to the ballroom after the hurricane were incredible! We can't wait to visit them again in the future and reminisce.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Amanda · Married on 05/03/2019

Awesome experience

Valerie was awesome to work with

Sent on 06/10/2019

Rebecca · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing overall experience

Shell Island Resort was nothing short of amazing for our wedding day this June. From every detail they made everything stress free, worked with us and made sure eveything was perfect. From Valerie assisting, planning and day of coordinating every detail perfectly to Amber the bartender making sure all of our guests had a great time, to say we were impressed was an understatement. They went WAY above and beyond to make everything perfect for us and we couldn’t be happier we chose them for our day!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Alexandria · Married on 06/09/2018

Having our wedding at Shell Island was the best decision we could have possibly made. For all of you destination brides out there is the place you want to be!! We are from upstate NY, but my brother is stationed at Fort Bragg, and we were lucky enough to find this treasure. I don't have the words to describe how amazing Alex and all of the staff at Shell Island are. Alex took care of everything for us, and did everything to ensure that our day was perfect and smooth. It was amazing being able to show up and just enjoy our weekend knowing that everything was taken care of. She always responded quickly to my thousands of emails and constant questions without complaint. The other staff at the resort were fantastic as well. Our rooms were always kept clean, and the bar and wait staff were welcoming and helpful. I even had a bartender run through the bushes to bring me a fresh beer (without me even asking) when he saw I was running low! Alex was also great at making sure we stayed within our budget. She was always helping us find ways to save a buck here or there without sacrificing quality or what we wanted for our big day (we were able to have our dream wedding for under $15K). The food at Shell was also amazing. Our guests couldn't say enough about how great both the cocktail hour and main meal were. All of this great service overlooked the ocean...we couldn't have asked for more. Highly recommend Shell Island Resort for all celebrations!!!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Alexandria,
    It was so awesome to work with the two of you. I am so sad that it is actually over!! Please come back to visit, and let me know if you need anything in the future.

robyn · Married on 06/07/2018

Beautiful place to get married...rooms could use some better beds but the venue just perfect. Staffed helped keep it flowing even with a few hiccups

Sent on 06/09/2018

Katelyn · Married on 05/27/2018

The Shell Island team was amazing. It was such a beautiful venue and each member for the team was great. Alex and Kalie were absolutely wonderful and got back to me promptly and answered all of my many questions! They were friendly, professional, and made the whole wedding planning process a breeze. Alex truly went above and beyond to give me advice, vendor recommendations, and anything else I needed! They made our day truly stress free! Thank you guys!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Erin · Married on 03/31/2018

Where do I even begin! Our day was the BEST day I could have ever imagined. Hats off to Alex Lorenz (our coordinator) and Lakin (our bartender), they were both amazing. The venue was stunning from the beach ceremony to the ballroom reception. I was never stressed for a minute on my wedding day because Alex took care of everything imaginable. It was the perfect day - in every way. Thank you ladies! I will never forget my perfect wedding.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Erin and Val,

Thank you for trusting us with your special day. We loved working with you both!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

My daughter and son-in-law were wed on the beach and had their reception in the Ocean Ballroom. Alex Lorenz was absolutely wonderful. She answered numerous questions with patience abound. She even comforted us when we thought we would get rained out said "no fears, all will be beautiful" and it was. Turned out perfect day for beach wedding! The food was wonderful, staff attentive and event flowed flawlessly. She even helped with a couple special requests. The entire staff had smiles and were eager to please. Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Shell Island Resort 11
    Shell Island Resort 12

Sarah,

I am so glad to hear everything went the way you wanted. It was a pleasure working with you and your family and I hope you all come back and see us. Let me know if I can do anything in the future!

Alex Lorenz Mull

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

Shell Island Resort was the perfect location for our beach ceremony! We loved that our guests could all stay in one location, and the north end of wrightsville beach provided an absolutely gorgeous location for out of town guests to get to experience. The staff (especially Alex) made the planning process very easy, and on site staff was accommodating and friendly. We couldn't be happier with our experience at Shell Island and would highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Shell Island Resort 19
    Shell Island Resort 20
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

Shell Island Resort went above and beyond for my wedding last weekend. I cannot believe how perfect our big day turned out. We worked closely with Alex and Kalie during the eleven months of planning. They were extremely helpful, answered all questions, and made sure every detail was taken care of the day before and the day of our wedding. Also, the kitchen staff was amazing. George and James spent all day at the venue getting things ready, and they made sure I had everything I needed while we set up and tore down the reception area. They checked on us regularly and eased my mind all day. My whole experience was so stress-free and perfect. I couldn't be more happy with how our wedding weekend turned out! If you are thinking about having your wedding at Shell Island Resort, you will not be sorry!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Erica · Married on 06/03/2017

Thank you to the entire Shell Island Team, and a huge God Bless You to Alex for making our day so memorable. I can honestly say it was a stress free day. Everything was perfect from wedding set-up thru reception breakdown. All our family and friends had only good things to say, and we truly enjoyed the day! Food was terrific, decorations were beautiful, staff was professional and friendly, we couldn't have asked for anything more! I highly recommend Shell Island for you wedding! It was a great experience all the way around.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Erica,

Thank you for choosing Shell Island to host your special day. I am so honored to have been a part of it, and I know the rest of the staff feels the same. Please let me know if we can do anything for you in the future!!

Kim · Married on 04/21/2017

My daughter was married at Shell Island Resort April 21, 2017. It was fabulous! Everything was taken care of for me and I did not need to worry about a thing! I worked with Kym Purvis and she was the best! Any time I had a question, she was there to help. Shell Island took care of the wedding on the beach and the reception. The food was delicious - especially the fried chicken!! We could not have asked for a better venue or caterer!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Hi Kim!

Thank you very much for the compliments. You were a pleasure to work with and I am so pleased that everyone enjoyed the special day. I appreciated you taking the time to provide feedback. It is very special for us to hear. Please keep us in mind for any future needs.

Thank you!
    Kym Purvis

Toyah · Married on 04/01/2017

My wedding was April 1, 2017, and I must say that Shell Island Resort and it's staff were amazing!! Alex Lorenz was God sent!! Her and the entire staff were super accommodating. Alex answered all of my questions and made sure that every detail was handled. We only had about three months to plan an entire wedding, and Alex did it with ease. On the day of, she and George took care of EVERYTHING. All my husband and I had to do was show up. Chef Green was amazing as well! All of our guests loved the food! I highly recommend Shell Island Resort as a wedding venue to all couples looking for a wonderful staff that is truly invested in making the bride and groom happy on their big day!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Toyah and Carlos,

Thank you so much for your review! We loved having you and your family here with us, and are so happy you chose Shell Island Resort to share your special day with. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you all in the future!

Sincerely,
    Alex Lorenz

Eva · Married on 12/10/2016

I had a wedding here at the resort in December and couldn't have been happier! Alex Lorenz was such a joy to work with; she was always quick to respond and satisfy my requests. The resort sits right at the end of Wrightsville, and every room has a view of the water. My guests were all in love with the resort, and the wedding ran perfectly thanks to Alex's help. I would definitely recommend this as a gorgeous vacation or wedding venue!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Megan · Married on 07/23/2016

From the first stages of planning until the day of the wedding- Alex Lorenz was so helpful and accommodating to all of our wishes for the wedding. She made sure that our day was exactly as we imagined, and really went above and beyond to make us feel special. Alex answered all of our questions/emails promptly (sometimes within a few hours!). All of the out of town guests raved about how beautiful the venue was, being right on the beach was the perfect location to host our event. Thank you to the whole crew at Shell Island Resort for making our day perfect.

Ryan and Megan

Sent on 08/20/2016

Emily · Married on 07/09/2016

I cannot begin to think of enough good things to say about Alex Lorenz and the service she provided for my wedding at Shell Island Resort. We met last October when my now husband and I went to visit the property, and we immediately clicked! She had an answer to every one of my questions, she accommodated all our requests, and she kept us in the loop as needed, which was great considering we live out of town. Everything ran so smoothly and the vision all came together perfectly - I owe that to Alex, she was amazing! I wouldn’t have changed anything about our special day at Shell Island, and am so happy to have met Alex! We love you girl!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Candice · Married on 06/17/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at Shell Island Resort and everything turned out perfect. Alex and Kalie were our coordinators for the wedding. They were both very helpful, friendly and answered the millions of questions that we had. The food was amazing, family and friends were talking about it all night. George and James, who are part of the banquet staff, were also amazing! They helped guide the reception, and even made up a plate of food to go with us at the end of the night. I would not change one bit of the day and I am so glad we chose Shell Island Resort.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Shelly · Married on 04/23/2016

Thank you for making my wedding by the sea so amazing! Alex and the rest of the team did a wonderful job taking care of us on our special day.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Shelly,

It was our pleasure, and we are so happy your big day was amazing! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Crystal · Married on 11/07/2015

If you ever need a wedding venue, I definitely recommend Shell Island Resort. My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception in the Ocean Ballroom. The view was absolutely breathtaking. George and James were phenomenal and made everything from set-up to execution perfect. The staff was extremely friendly and provided outstanding service. The rooms were beautiful and clean. My husband, myself, and our guests couldn't have asked for a better experience.

For all the brides out there, deal with Leigh! She was a part of our wedding planning process from start to finish and made everything stress free. She's organized, persistent, and genuinely cares about her clients. Leigh is definitely the woman every bride needs to ensure the wedding of their dreams.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Crystal,

We enjoyed having your wedding with us. It was gorgeous! You, your husband, your family and guests were all amazing! Thank you for choosing Shell Island as your venue. We hope you come back to visit us sometime!

Kristie · Married on 10/17/2015

I picked this vendor because of the responsiveness to my inquiry, the services that were offered, and the openness to work within my budget. And responsive, service, and openness what exactly what I got! The wedding team, including the super fabulous project manager Leigh, was organized and didn't miss a beat. They are willing to let you know what works and what doesn't and it helped tremendously. I was the most relaxed bride my guests and vendors had ever seen. Thanks so Shell Island and their entire staff. From bringing water to my door, helping with my guests special requests, and making sure that every detail was attended to. It should be mentioned location, location, location. I also want to note that usually parking is a problem, but not here!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Kristie,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I will make sure to pass this along to Leigh so she sees it! Please reach out to us if you ever need anything!

Thanks,
    Alex
    Sales and Catering Specialist

Dia · Married on 10/11/2015

My husband and I had our first date at the north end of Wrightsville beach, and it was already a special place for both of us.
    The view is amazing, and it's the only portion of wrightsville beach that has a long sandy walk between the buildings and the water line. Its such a peaceful place.

We started out working with Sasha but all we did was pick a date with her. She had to move for family reasons and we were introduced to Alex Lorenz.

I am a very laid back person so when it came to planning a wedding I was always last minute with all of my decisions.
    Alex was absolutely amazing! She would give me one decision a week to make and it was so manageable. I was definitely feeling overwhelmed before I had Alex's help. Anything from # of guests, day for tasting the dinner choices, do i want a sweetheart table, where should the cake be positioned, what center pieces, what alcohol selections do i want, or even help with gown malfunctions, Alex was right there with me the entire way. She literally was ten steps ahead of me all the time so I didn't have to worry about a thing! I knew i was in good hands and i had an amazing time because it was a stress free experience.

Honestly, the beach is going to beautiful anywhere you choose to have an ocean view ceremony, it was the staff that makes it truly special.

Thank you Shell Island for making our day perfect! xoxo

Sent on 11/08/2015

The whole team at Shell Island Resort provided excellent service. I would definitely recommend the Oceanview Ballroom for a reception. It has a beautiful view of the beach. Alex, Sales Team Consultant, was very diligent through the entire process. I planned my wedding from another state. We corresponded primarily through email. She was always quick responding to emails, answering questions, etc. You can't go wrong choosing Shell Resort. From the front desk to the Sales Team to the caterers, the service was above and beyond what I expected. They made my wedding day very special!

Sent on 08/17/2015
  • JenMart2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/21/2015

Shell Island Resort was such an amazing venue to have our wedding. We had to plan our wedding on somewhat short notice due to my husband emigrating here and the venue worked with us to find a date. We started out working with Sasha and did a large portion of our planning with her. She was really nice and great to work with. She ended up moving unexpectedly so we were transferred to Alex and she was just wonderful too. She always got back to me right away no matter what question or concern I had. On the wedding day, everyone was so wonderful. It went so smoothly and the entire staff (Alex, George, James, Bryan) were all incredible and so friendly and helped to guide us through the event seamlessly. The room turned out so beautiful and we couldn't have had a better experience. It is such a beautiful spot for a wedding and one of the only banquet rooms we could find in the area directly facing the ocean. All of our guests loved it and also loved the outside space reserved just for us. Thank you Shell Island for making our day perfect!

Sent on 07/08/2015