Shelby Mousley Photography Reviews

22 | Grass Valley, CA

22 Reviews for Shelby Mousley Photography

• Lilly

Lilly H. · Married on 04/09/2021

Captured my wedding day perfectly!

My husband and I are not very comfortable in front of a camera and Shelby made us both feel super comfortable and got us to have fun during our day. Throughout the day she switched between directing us for posed pictures as well as taking candids and really got the style we were looking for. She got our sneak peek pictures back lightning fast and her editing made everything look absolutely gorgeous! Had an amazing experience with her!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 12/19/2020

Talented and sweet photographer!!

Shelby was amazing and captured every moment beautifully! If you’re looking for a great photographer that is easygoing and will take the perfect photos I highly suggest Shelby! Stunning work!

Sent on 02/19/2021

Julie A. · Married on 05/09/2020

Great service!

Shelby is a fabulous photographer! My fiancé and I met with her last fall to get our engagement pictures. She did an wonderful job, far beyond what I had hoped for. She was timely in getting us our pictures back, even with the power outages. If you need a photographer your search is over!! Shelby was absolutely amazing, quick to respond, professional, and full of great ideas. Our engagement pictures were breathtaking. We would have loved to have her for our wedding pictures too, but due to covid we had to reschedule our wedding and she was already booked. We definitely recommend Shelby for your pictures!

Sent on 07/19/2020

Shelby Mousley Photography's reply:

I know I was so sad I couldn't capture your big day as well! Ill settle for maternity and new born photos haha!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn D. · Married on 10/05/2019

Shelby is a gem!

We found Shelby's work on Instagram while searching a hashtag for wedding photographers in the Sacramento area. The way she edits her photos to feel so intimate and beautifully in the moment made us instantly fall in love with her work. After talking to her over the phone, and finding the package that worked for our budget and wedding timeline, we booked our engagement shoot. The date we originally picked was in early Spring of 2018 and ended up pouring rain, but Shelby was super sweet and let us move our appointment to another weekend!

Engagement shoot: We meet with Shelby in Capitol Park and got to work! This is when we learned just how lovely working with Shelby really is. Shelby is of course a brilliant photographer, but she also is incredibly kind, supportive, and has the innate ability to instantly become friends with anyone. If your SO is anything like mine, taking professional photos is something that can stir up a bit of anxiety. Luckily, his nerves calmed soon after starting the shoot, and I give all the credit to Shelby for creating such a fun and comfortable environment so that our personality as a couple really shined through in our photos.

Pre wedding meeting: We met at a coffee shop about a month before our wedding to go over the details and timeline of our wedding. There were a couple loose ends we weren't too sure how to pin down, but with Shelby's experience with the flow of weddings, she helped us smooth everything out! It was so nice to be able to meet with her before the wedding day, and feel confident that we were both on the same page.

Wedding day: Shelby and her second shooter (Savanna) were punctual, and wasted no time jumping in! Again, Shelby was super friendly, professional, and focused in her vision. Shelby also has great taste in second shooters, as Savanna was a perfect fit! As Shelby took pictures of the groomsmen before the ceremony, Savanna helped pick debris from my wedding dress (rustic wedding + fine tulle = many unwanted stick friends), and brought water to me and my bridal party.

After the wedding Shelby got our pictures to us in a timely manner, despite the fact that she lives in an area that was recently affected by blackouts.
    I'm not sure why, but I've always assumed that wedding photographers were just there to take pictures, but Shelby and Savanna did so much more! They truly want to make you feel your best on your wedding day. And it really makes sense - If you feel great, your pictures will look great! My husband and I feel so lucky to have had Shelby with us to capture such a special day in our lives, and we are forever grateful to her! We are currently trying to figure out what life events justify a professional photo shoot, so we can work with Shelby again!

I would (and have!) recommend Shelby to anyone looking for a photographer who truly captures the spirit of the moment. She is a gem!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Shelby Mousley Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh this is the sweetest review I’ve ever gotten. You’re the best! Thank you so much! You definitely made it easy to be a wedding photographer 😉
  • Zoe

Zoe C. · Married on 09/21/2019

Money SO well spent

I could not be happier with the quality of Shelby's work. She is incredibly easy to work with and truly captures the emotion of the day. Even looking at just the sneak peek pictures we received, we felt like we were reliving our favorite day and the pictures are just so incredibly beautiful. Do not hesitate to book her.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Michael D. · Married on 09/14/2019

So Glad to Have Found Shelby!

Having a wedding in the first place is a stressful endeavor. My wife and I were in inundated by vendors, venues, and everything that comes from planning such an event.

One of the hardest things to figure out was photography. We interviewed 5 different photographers. It was a nightmare. They were either too expensive, or too flakey... And every single one was so arrogant. One lady told me she didn't need to edit her photos because she was just that good. I was shocked by what the market had to offer.

We were almost ready to buy a bag of digital cameras and ask family and friends to take pictures when we found Shelby on wedding wire. She was a breath of fresh air. Nothing like the typical photographer experience we had been seeing.

She was reasonably priced, professional, and had all of her work up on social media. (A major plus for my generation) She responded quickly to messages and questions. When my wife and I met her she made us feel very comfortable. She was the only person to be honest and up front about her experience. Letting us know that she hadn't yet shot a wedding at our venue but had performed other work there. She was also the only person to promise us she wouldn't bail on the day of no matter what happened. It went a looong way to relieve our stress.

Shelby made the photo side of things easy. She was there early, and put in serious work. We didn't have a wedding coordinator, and she had no problem just jumping in and getting her role in the event done without outside direction.

Our photos are beautiful and we are so happy with all she did for us!

Thank You Shelby!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Shelby Mousley Photography's reply:

Thank you very much! I try my best to be upfront and honest with all my clients. And it usually gets me amazing clients like you guys!

Lauren M. · Married on 08/31/2019

Professional, talented, and genuine

Shelby is a phenomenal photographer. She produced effortlessly beautiful, quality photos that will be hung in our home for years to come. I could not have asked for a more talented, kind, and professional photographer to capture our day. You will not regret hiring her, in fact it will be the best decision you will ever make! We will be using her for any and all event photography! Thank you, Shelby!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Megan · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer!!

Shelby did a fantastic job as our wedding photographer! I could not be happier with her work. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous. She is friendly, professional, flexible and just a super cool person to work with. She is obviously passionate about her work and it shows! Shelby was recommended to me by two different people who had worked with her in the past and they were spot on with their praise for her work. She does an incredible job of getting those creative, artsy shots and the traditional wedding poses every bride wants. What drew me to her work was just how creative and natural her photos are. She’s an experienced wedding photographer and was able to capture every special moment of our big day. She knew exactly what I wanted. She was also quick with her work and it allowed us to maximize our precious time with all our friends and family during our celebration. We received our sneak peak within 3 days after our wedding and the rest of the photos within a month! Shelby is an excellent photographer and her work is truly exceptional. I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Linda · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing photographer and would recommend to everyone!

Shelby was one of the best choices I made for my wedding (aside from marrying my husband)! She was always punctual and had a great eye for good spots to take photos. Me and my husband can be quite awkward when it comes to posing and Shelby made it easy and helped us a lot, and despite feeling weird posing, it all turned out looking natural and all the pictures are beautiful! She also kept taking photos all night on our wedding day and was able to give us sneak peaks really quick (helps those of us that have anxiety and want to see pics asap!) Aside from photos, Shelby is an awesome person all around and works easily with everyone and all the other vendors I had at my wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Katie

Katie F. · Married on 06/29/2019

Better than I ever expected!!

I can not recommend Shelby enough! She is SUCH a talented photographer, you will NEVER regret hiring her - she is worth every penny - actually worth MORE than what she charges! I have seen countless wedding photos and always feel like the photos should be better for the price - with Shelby, it is the OPPOSITE! She is AMAZING - I even got sneak peak photos only 2 days after the wedding! My whole wedding album was done within 5 weeks - and this was at the peak of wedding season
    She takes the most beautiful photos, she is professional and extremely efficient - I cannot be more impressed and satisfied with Shelby photography and so am so grateful I got her for my wedding!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Morgan B. · Married on 06/22/2019

Hire Her! Amazing Job!

Shelby did a fantastic job of organizing all of the people for photos and capturing our day perfectly! She was flexible and easy to work with! Our photos turned out amazing and we had them so fast! The album we ordered from her looks PERFECT!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Stephanie · Married on 06/01/2019

No Regrets Choosing Shelby!

Shelby provided us with the most beautiful wedding photos. She knows what she's doing and she makes you feel comfortable taking photos. She has a calm demeanor which is helpful when you're running around on your wedding day. She doesn't just provide you with hundreds of unedited photos; she provided us with over 500 beautifully edited photos and she captures every angle of your special day. I would 100% recommend Shelby; she does amazing work and she is fairly priced. Thanks, Shelby!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Tiffany · Married on 04/20/2019

Shelby is amazing!

Shelby shot our engagement and wedding photos, and we're so glad we picked her! She's super easy to communicate with and is very responsive, which is helpful during the stressful wedding planning process. During the engagement shoot, we felt like we were able to get to know her, and although we felt a little awkward posing in front of the camera initially, Shelby made us feel way more comfortable. For the wedding gallery, we got a good mix of posed shots and candids, and Shelby documented the day beautifully. She's also really quick with turnaround, and we received our engagement photos and wedding gallery sample within a week, and the full wedding gallery at 1 month. Thank you Shelby for helping us capture precious memories! We would recommend her without reservation!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/05/2019

Stubborn sweetheart

Shelby shot my wedding last friday and let me just say- she's absolutely amazing to work with considering how terribly vague I was as a bride. I was a hot mess running around all day and like thirty minutes late to my own wedding- totally forgot to give her an actual shot list or timeline on anything and she still made it work. Since I was already pretty late I tried to skip out on some pictures which she thankfully did not let happen! In hindsight I'd be so much more upset if I'd missed out on those pictures with my bridesmaids just to make it downstairs and couple minutes sooner. Also she's practically invisible and I barely noticed her throughout the event- even my husband is wondering how she got some of the shots she did. I've only gotten my sneak peek so far but I'm already in love and can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Liz · Married on 04/14/2017

Shelby was amazing. She was so much fun. She has great taste and is affordable.

Alexa · Married on 04/14/2017

She was so awesome!! She got our pictures back to us so fast and we loved our time with her!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Alyssa · Married on 02/25/2017

Shelby did a great job! Our wedding photos turned out beautifully, even with the really cold and sunny conditions that day. She's an awesome photographer!

Anna · Married on 12/21/2016

The pictures were absolutely beautiful! If you want excellent service and amazing quality then stop your search here!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Kenlee · Married on 06/24/2016

Shelby was such a great photographer! We were in a pinch and she made the situation so much fun and eased our stresses.

Michelle · Married on 11/07/2015

Very happy with the quality of our family pictures. Shelby was really good to work with us and our entire family's schedule. She was very good at watching the lighting and had an eye for what backgrounds would work the best for us.

Sent on 03/31/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/13/2011

I love Shelby! She had such a fun personality that made it so fun to work with her! She was also really good with handling our kids for the pictures!

Sent on 03/31/2017
  • Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 08/24/2019

3.0

Shelby is amazing and very talented.

We had the pleasure of working with Shelby twice for our wedding! She is very kind and full of great photo ideas. Not only is she amazing at capturing beautiful posed moments, she is also great at capturing candid shots and has a wonderful talent for detail shots. She is open to any ideas you might have and will work around the schedule your big day to make sure you get perfect lightning photo ops. We highly recommend Shelby for any special occasion and we look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 09/21/2019