Shauna Kanter Registered Wedding Officiant NYC & Hudson Valley Reviews

75 | New York, NY

75 Reviews for Shauna Kanter Registered Wedding Officiant NYC & Hudson Valley

75 Shauna Kanter Registered Wedding Officiant NYC & Hudson Valley Reviews

Jenn · Married on 05/20/2018

When I was looking for a wedding officiant I was not sure where to begin or who to look for. I stumbled upon Shauna's profile and when I read her bio I immediately knew I had to call her and find out more. When speaking to her on the phone not only was she a pleasure to speak with but she explained everything in great detail and what needed to happen. I loved that she was accommodating to everything that we wanted for our wedding and always kept in contact with us. No matter how many questions or changes that needed to be made she was right there and as helpful as could be. She has a way of speaking that makes you feel very relaxed and I knew everything was going to run so smoothly and it did. Everyone at my wedding raved about how wonderful she was, her delivery and presence during the ceremony was amazing. Thanks to her help, guidance and skills we had a beautiful ceremony. We are very thankful to have found her and to have her there with us on such a special day. Thank you again Shauna, you truly did an amazing job and we both would recommend her to anyone!!

Craig · Married on 03/24/2018

My wife and I were in search for an officiant that would be able to conduct our non-denominational ceremony. After a few telephone conferences with other officiants, we spoke with Shauna. From the first conversation, to the pronouncement of man and wife, we could not have been happier with and more thankful for Shauna. Simply put, Shauna is warm, confident, thoughtful, committed, and someone that just got us. My wife and I wanted to perform a hand-fasting ceremony to acknowledge our Serbian and Scottish roots; no problem. Shauna was all over it with suggestions, options, instruction, etc. We wanted to have our two nieces and two nephews as our wedding party; no problem, Shauna walked through the ceremony with four kids in such a fun, kind and effective manner. We wanted to have someone tell our story; done, Shauna was meticulous in her preparation, follow-up phone calls to finalize the content (and last minute changes). On a personal note, Shauna was so special not only because of her warm, professional, and dedicated approach to making our ceremony the best it could be; but Shauna has an energy that my wife and I recognized from our first meeting. Hard to explain, but you will feel it when you meet her. Shauna is someone that you want guiding you through this very important part of your wedding day. With a steady hand, enthusiastic demeanor and professionalism; Shauna delivered in every way. Our ceremony was unique, fun and full of love and laughter. We highly recommend Shauna to any couple.

Thank you Shauna for everything!

Shauna Kanter Registered Wedding Officiant NYC & Hudson Valley 1

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I had one wish for our wedding: We wished for the day to be a celebration of our love and if our guests only remembered one thing from our wedding we wanted them to remember the ceremony. Thanks to Shauna we were able to achieve our dream! Our guests could not stop raving about the ceremony! Shauna was truly a pleasure to work with for as our wedding officiant. She communicated frequently to make sure we were on track in terms of our time management and provided us with many options for rituals and vows as well as a detailed ceremony script to work from. My husband and I made a lot of edits to the script and Shauna welcomed our input and was great to collaborate with. On the day of the wedding Shauna executed the ceremony to perfection and we received many compliments on her performance and style. Our ceremony was truly special and I will cherish it forever.

Hellen · Married on 07/26/2017

We had a tiny last minute wedding in the Catskills. It was less than a month before our wedding that we found and contacted Shauna. She wrote a beautiful and short ceremony, just like we wanted. She got there early and performed the ceremony beautifuly. She is very sweet and nice and we felt very comfortable with her. Considering how last minute everything was we think what she charged was reasonable. Thank you Shauna!

John · Married on 06/24/2017

Both my husband and I highly recommend Shauna Kanter, Wedding Celebrant!

Shauna made our wedding day more than perfect and exceeded our expectations entirely. When my partner and I first met with her, we immediately felt a connection. It was as if we had known her for a long time. She gave us a fun assignment -- answering thoughtful questions about ourselves and our expectations of the big day. We had to fill the surveys out separately and not share our answers with each other. Then, Shauna wrote a beautiful ceremony, which we were able to read, edit, and review prior to the wedding. I should also mention that Shauna has a skillful way of nudging you to move towards the goal of the big day. If she needed us to share information in a timely way, she was proactive about getting in touch with us.

Our wedding was unique, as we didn't have the blessing of my partner's family. They did not attend the ceremony. We both had some important conversations with Shauna about how to navigate this in the writing of the ceremony. We wanted to acknowledge my husband's parents and their contribution to his life but in a way to not highlight the drama of their absence. Shauna brought a lot of empathy and sensitivity to this task. In the end, we had a marvelous celebration with all the people who love us and our story, which Shauna told so personally.

Evidently, Shauna is also a talented playwright and director. Her skill set in this area really pays off. She has professional knowledge of both how to write your story, but also how to stage it. After all, weddings are very theatrical events, and it's essential to have someone guiding you with these skills. She helped us coordinate the use of the outdoor wedding space at Woolverton Inn, planning out all the details (order of the wedding party, music coordination, speaking volume of both grooms, etc.). Shauna takes lots of time to interview the couple, craft a personal ceremony and delivers it with sincere joy.

Shauna Kanter Registered Wedding Officiant NYC & Hudson Valley 2
    Shauna Kanter Registered Wedding Officiant NYC & Hudson Valley 3

Nicole · Married on 05/14/2017

Shauna made our elopement so special! there are no words I can even come up with right now to explain how my husband and I feel! Loving, kind, sweet, outgoing, patient, respectful - and so much more! My husband and I got married in grand central station and for anyone who's ever been there knows how crazy and hectic it is of a place BUT Shauna's calming and mellow voice made it to where we just zoned out on one another and totally forgot where we were! A scale of 1-10? A 30!!! She's the one!

Amanda · Married on 05/06/2017

Shauna helped create a perfect, beautiful ceremony for us! She's fantastic - charismatic, warm and full of enthusiasm! Every guest at our wedding was moved by her words. As she was telling the story of us, it felt like she had known us for years, even though it had only been a few months! Her focus, organization and attention to detail is impeccable - she had our full confidence at every step, and we went into our wedding ceremony knowing it would be everything we hoped it would be.

Lauren · Married on 03/12/2017

Shauna was great to work with, very clear and straightforward about the process and our ceremony was perfect.

Joann · Married on 02/11/2017

We are absolutely happy with Shauna Kanter as our officiant and we're so glad we hired her. She did an amazing job. She customized our wedding to our liking and request. She gave us ideas and suggestions which helped us customize our special moment. She was funny and all our guests complimented how great her ceremony was. It was just perfect!!

Carrie-Anne · Married on 12/03/2016

Shauna made our ceremony very special and personal. She is very caring and friendly. We had a wonderful day and feel very blessed to have met such a wonderful person in Shauna. We will cherish the memories forever and hope one day to have her here in Cumbernauld, Glasgow, Scotland again!

Mike · Married on 05/21/2016

Shauna is incredibly kind, creative, and professional. In working with her it was clear how much experience she has and excels are creating a unique and one-of-a-kind service. Would definitely recommend!

christina · Married on 04/08/2016

Shauna helped us create a customized ceremony and it turned out flawless. My husband and I knew we wanted something short yet meaningful. Neither one of us is very religious so to show respect for our parents who are, we needed a way to mention and include our families as much as possible. What I appreciate most about her is how she seamlessly coordinated many different personalities and people while we were rehearsing an hour before the wedding started! I remember getting very stressed out because no one was listening to directions and out of nowhere Shauna got everyone together and on point. She was professional and calm with managing our families, live musician, wedding coordinator, dj, and catering manager who all had a hand in the ceremony. I want to thank Shauna for helping us create a memorable day. People loved the ceremony and I think looking back it was my favorite part of the wedding.

Dana · Married on 02/25/2016

Working with Shauna was a very positive experience overall! She was warm, kind, and accommodating. She helped us with last minute edits and wrote a beautiful ceremony. Would highly recommend!

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2015

Shauna Kanter makes it SO EASY to have a beautiful, personal wedding. She’s warm, friendly, patient, funny, and very, very good at what she does. If you have Shauna as your officiant, you can be confident that your wedding ceremony is going to be wonderful! She guided us through the process with a gentle, steady hand, and she made it fun. She spent enough time with us to really understand what we wanted so she could create something that was personal to us. She gave us a lot of ideas to choose from—and I’m not just talking about music and readings. We chose ring vows that were meaningful to us, and we chose rituals that we wanted—like giving roses to our families during the ceremony, planting a rose bush and watering it together, remembering our deceased loved ones—and then Shauna put it all together and edited it, and edited it, and edited it again, until it was exactly as we wanted. Shauna gave us a tailor-made wedding. Many friends have told us it was exceptional. One dear friend said she’d been to many, many weddings, and ours was one of the best. She said it touched her deeply and warmed her heart, and that every word was perfect from beginning to end. We felt that way, too. We both beam when we talk about it. We simply cannot recommend Shauna highly enough, and we cannot thank her enough for taking such good care of us, and for making our special day so—well, special!

Alex · Married on 10/12/2014

Shauna was officiant for our wedding in Central Park Sunday October 12th. I can't imagine a better officiant than Shauna; she was friendly, very professional, quickly responded to emails, and took an interest in our story and helped make our vows and wedding personalized and special. Shauna put together our personal story into a beautiful ceremony. She arrived in Central Park before the ceremony to prepare, and helped us find the best location for the ceremony. As my (now wife) is from Japan, and her family attended, we hired a translator so that the family could clearly understand the details and subtleties in the vows as English is not their first language. This meant that Shauna had to go slowly with the ceremony and pause during the translation; this she did patiently and gracefully; I felt that she was very happy to be a part of it and make it a special day for everyone. I would highly recommend her as officiant - professional, courteous and considerate in every way. Thank you Shauna!

Christine · Married on 10/03/2014

Even before we got engaged, my now-husband and I knew EXACTLY how we wanted our ceremony to pan out; we wanted more of a spiritual one with little to no religious elements. Lucky for us, when the time came, we found Shauna who was more than willing to create the ceremony of our dreams WITH us...not FOR us.

The best part about the whole process (besides how professional, responsive, and sweet Shauna is) was that our ceremony was ours and ours alone; no one (and I'm talking no-one) had or will have the type of ceremony we did because we were the ones who created it!! If you are looking for someone who can really read you and your partner and help prepare a custom-made ceremony, you don't need to look any further than Shauna.

We can't tell you how many compliments we received on how beautiful and unique our ceremony was...and it's all thanks to our officiant, Shauna!

Laurie · Married on 09/27/2014

Shauna is a DOLL and is super patient, responsive and flexible. We had a small wedding and organized it remotely from Australia in just 2 weeks time. No processional, no DJ, no wedding party -- and she guided us along so that we could craft vows that were more in line with a comedy skit than a traditional wedding. She also let us edit her opening to feel like it was more "us". Furthermore, on the day of the wedding, we forgot the rings and she calmed us while one of us went to go grab them and made light of the situation. She was a fantastic officiant, incredibly compassionate and all around lovely to work with. I highly recommend her! PS - thank you so much!!

Shauna is amazing! From the first phone call I knew she was the perfect fit for our ceremony. Shauna has a calming effect on you and creates a relaxed atmosphere that really puts you at ease. We met in person and shared our love story with Shauna. She then did a fantastic job in 1) creating a detailed time line for us 2) writing a beautiful ceremony 3) being very open and responsive to any changes we had. The day of the wedding I was a nervous wreck. Once Shauna walked in I felt calm and in control of the day. She led a beautiful ceremony and my guests left talking about the ceremony (not just the reception!). I would recommend her to any couple. She has a wealth of knowledge/past experience to help guide you in creating your perfect day.

Shir · Married on 06/21/2014

I had a hard time finding an officiant, and Shauna Kanter was sort of a last resort—I didn't know her or anyone she worked with: I found her during an online search, and decided to give it a shot. Well, it was the best decision I made... From the first email communication, through phone conversations and the entire process of writing the vows and editing them, Shauna was extremely professional, aware and sensitive to family dynamics and character and to the differences in communication between my husband and myself, and the result was a ceremony that was moving in its simplicity and honesty and as" close to home" as it could possibly be. If I had to do this again, I would not change a thing.

Shauna worked us to create a beautiful wedding. From our first contact with her she was warm and calming. As a same-sex couple (two grooms) we did not have a long history of wedding tradition to fall back on. With Shuana, we developed a ceremony that called on some traditional aspects while also recognising what makes us as individuals, and as a couple, unique.

She listened to our history to interpret our "love story", she worked with us to develop our vows and she included parts that made our guests feel welcome and part of the ceremony. We really enjoyed working with her. She was an oasis of calm in the long process of planning and executing a wedding.

Shauna officiated our wedding, and we could not have been happier! The search for an officiant was difficult, as we wanted to make sure we connected with the person. We knew Shauna was the right person on our first call. She was very responsive and was easy to work with. When she arrived the day-of, she was efficient and helped to calm our nerves. We would recommend her to anyone!

Adam · Married on 04/25/2014

After being together for nearly four years, my partner Martin and I decided to officially tie the knot in New York City. After reviewing and communicating with many of the officiants on wedding wire, we decided to ask Shauna to officiate our ceremony. We couldn't have made a better choice. Shauna was extremely professional yet very easy to talk to and plan with. We had very little experience with New York's venues, but Shauna provided very helpful advice which helped make our big day extremely special. We had high expectations for our ceremony and Shauna met and exceeded each expectation. The ring vows that Shauna had provided us were some of the most beautiful vows that I have ever heard she conducted the ceremony as though she had known us for years. I would recommend Shauna without reservation to anybody who is planning on getting married in the New York area.

Erin · Married on 03/29/2014

Shauna worked with us to develop a personal ceremony. She was incredibly responsive and organized and made sure that we had the ceremony and vows complete in advance. We went back and forth on drafts 3 or 4 times until we had it just right, and Shauna was very responsive each time. We picked Shauna over other officiants because of her organization and attention to detail but also because of her manner -- when we met her she was happy and vibrant and so pleasant to be around. Her voice is just lovely and we knew that her personality and presentation would create the warm, personal ceremony we wanted for us and our guests. We highly recommend Shauna if you want to create a personal ceremony that is all your own and not worry about any details with your officiant!

Sevgi · Married on 02/14/2014

Shauna was great throughout the entire process. She was always quick to respond to our questions and concerns and very receptive to our personal needs. She provided us with a great frame to structure our wedding vows.

My husband and I had a ceremony at the Boat House in Central Park on Valentine's Day. We had made sure everything was set up with the management beforehand, but were still met with some resistance from the general manager once we arrived. Shauna quickly intervened in the conversation and diffused the situation very kindly as well as with our best interests in mind. She is a pro!!!

She was well-organized and performed a beautiful and an intimate ceremony, with her lovely voice :), that everybody loved..

We recommend her to everyone..

WE LOVE YOU, Shauna :)