Shanelise MUA Reviews

19 Reviews for Shanelise MUA

• Katherine

Katherine Pearlstone · Married on 11/02/2019

Your Skin Will Thank You for Picking Shani

Shani is an incredibly talented and thoughtful make-up artist. She is easy to work with and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. She is knowledgeable on skincare and is able to work with people with sensitive skin (me). Finally, and most importantly, Shani is a pleasure to be around, an important trait for someone that you are going to spend hours with on your wedding day! Shani did an amazing job and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Shanelise MUA's reply:

Thank you so much Katherine! You and your entire bridal party were a joy and made my job so easy! Congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for leaving me feedback!

Cheyenne · Married on 09/21/2019

Best I’ve ever felt

This is the prettiest I’ve ever felt. Shani did amazing. We did two trials together to make sure everything was perfect; one was complimentary. She is super sweet and her and I got to know each other on a personal level. I look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie Stapley · Married on 09/20/2019

Absolutely Stunning Work

Shani was so easy to work with and made me look absolutely STUNNING on my big day! She was so professional and took her time to make sure everything was perfect. She was so helpful in helping to personalize my look for the day and made my bridesmaids look gorgeous as well. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Vivian · Married on 10/20/2018

Quality and Professionalism!

I used ShaneliseMUA for my wedding day! Shani was amazing to work with! She was very attentive and the quality of her work was flawless! My hair and makeup stayed up the WHOLE entire day! As bad as this sounds, my MOH went to bed with her makeup still on and she woke up the next day and it was still just as beautiful! Shani is an amazing artist and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Shanelise MUA's reply:

Thank you so much Vivian! You were a joy to work with and such a stunning bride! I am so happy to hear that you and your bridal party members were happy with everything and that everything held all day (Especially with how many events you had going on that day) Thank you for taking time to write me a review!!

Libby · Married on 10/18/2018

Wedding 10.18.18

Shani did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and make up for my wedding day. I contacted her about two weeks before my wedding and she always responded very quickly. She produced the exact look I described to her as well as making me feel at ease on my wedding day. She even got me ready with my dress and jewelry just before I left. I love Shani! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Shanelise MUA's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Libby! You were such a joy to work with and it was my pleasure to have been able to spend time with you on your special day. I loved the clean, classic look you chose and were a vision in your gown and veil!

Elyssa · Married on 08/11/2018

Shani was incredible! She brought everything to us and did an amazing job! She was efficient and friendly and transformed us in the perfect way! I am recommending her to everyone!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2018

Shani did my makeup for my maternity photo shoot and was absolutely awesome! She took her time and my makeup was perfect! It lasted all through the shoot and was so sad to wash it off at the end of the day. I highly recommend Shani!

Sent on 07/26/2018

chris · Married on 05/04/2018

Shani did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup for my son's wedding. She definitely knows her stuff! Thanks for making this special day looking and feeling beautiful!
    CK

Sent on 05/27/2018

Morée Eudaly · Married on 01/15/2018

Beautiful work!

Shani is amazing to work with! I love her instragram as well! Every face is fresh and unique.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely AMAZING! I enjoyed working with Shani and was beyond impressed with how I looked on my wedding day. I received many compliments on my makeup and my Bridal party's makeup. I have nothing by the HIGHEST recommendation for Shani.

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/05/2017

She was an absolute pleasure to work with! And very flexible, we had a late morning wedding so she willingly got up at 5am to make us look beautiful. You can't get that kind of scheduling from a commercial beauty shop .As the mother of the bride standing next to my gorgeous daughter in pictures I wanted to look good too, and I did! Everyone at the reception wanted to know who did my hair and makeup because it was gorgeous! And it was not a stressful experience, very relaxed atmosphere, a great way to start the wedding morning.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Emily · Married on 08/05/2017

I loved it! She was even available and awake in the early AM. Did a fantastic job!

Sent on 09/12/2017

TRACI · Married on 05/27/2017

Shani was awesome! She was very professional I told her I wanted subtle makeup and that's what I got! It turned out very pretty. She knows how to do probably any hairstyle you want. Just show her a picture of what you have in mind and she can master it! She's very good and quick! I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Karen · Married on 10/01/2016

Shani was amazing. She exceeded my expectations and I couldn't have asked for more. Professional and my look was amazing. People kept telling me how beautiful I looked. Would definitely use again and recommend to anyone....

Sent on 05/10/2017

Pearl · Married on 07/03/2015

Everything went great! We all loved our makeup. You were professional, punctual, and great to work with. Thank you for a wonderful experience! :)

Sent on 10/11/2017

Kelsey · Married on 05/16/2015

She made everyone feel so special!! I looked amazing!! But the bride was stunning!! I would recommend her for any events!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

D Anderson · Married on 06/09/2017

I’ve been impressed with her artistic excellence in many mediums for decades, she’s very talented

She can interpret what you want to portray and bring it to pass exquisitely! High quality work.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Chelsea · Married on 06/09/2017

Shani was so willing to work with me. She made the time for us to do a trial run of my hair the day before the wedding and she was so good at letting my real self show. She asked my opinions on everything to make sure I actually did like it, and any suggestions I made she took into account. Seriously she's amazing!! And fun to talk to too.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Karen · Married on 03/11/2018

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0
      2.5

I hired Shani for my wedding group to do a total of 6 people. She was on a tight schedule and to my surprise she showed up late. The first two girls that got their makeup done look good. The rest of us were rushed and it was a disaster. I( the bride) had two different colors of foundation on; my bridesmaids and even my mother in law used the word "geisha" to describe the look that I was left with. Luckily all my bridesmaids had their bags of makeup and we were able to finish everyones look.

What disappointed me was when we had about an hour left she kept saying she had time to get the last two girls makeup done. I knew that was unrealistic and one of the girls is a hairstylist and knows how make up artists try to get to everyone to be able to charge them. Unfortunately the one out of the two girls that were last to got their make up done was not happy with the look; she had to touch up afterwards. The last one in line to have makeup ( my maid of honor / hairstylist ) opted out because she knew in reality there was no time; So my maid of honor ended up doing her own makeup.

Even though she does good makeup (as a lot of people can) I would be attentive to the timing to make sure there is good quality in the service you pay for and that no one is rushed in the process. In my personal experience I do not believe I was treated fairly for what I paid for. If I had to do my wedding over again I would have booked a professional makeup team; I blame myself for waited about 2 months before the wedding to book makeup and I believe this was my karma for procrastinating my makeup consult until the end.

Sent on 06/13/2018