Shane Long Photography Reviews

30 | Saint Paul, MN

30 Reviews for Shane Long Photography

Harvest Wedding Films · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Shane is amazing!

As videographers, we love working with Shane! He is organized and engaging, bringing peace and joy to every second of the wedding day. He facilitates moments of genuine connection, and captures those moments skillfully and beautifully. Shane is an incredible photographer and an incredible human being!

Sent on 03/17/2020

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Hey Harvest Films! Thank you so much for the review! It has been a total honor to work along side you! Your work always amazes me and your are equally as fun to be around! Hope we have many more weddings together!!!

Dan McAnany · Married on 09/20/2019

Easy decision

We're so happy we chose to work with Shane and Anna. The entire experience was great, but I've selected a couple noteworthy points to highlight:
    - Prompt communication. Emails and phone calls were answered quickly. This high level of organization was maintained from first contact all the way through the wedding day.
    - Great energy. Exactly the type of personality you want on your big day. Shane is enthusiastic and orchestrated the group shots very smoothly. I also appreciated the subtle tips and direction when necessary to pose the portraits perfectly.
    - The photos! We had a perfect balance of both posed and candid shots. The digital gallery was shared with us within a week with download access to full resolution photos in both color and B&W. It almost seems like an afterthought to mention the incredible quality of the photos, which were edited to be timeless and not trendy.

Cannot recommend highly enough, 5/5, 10/10, 100/100

Sent on 11/20/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Dan! Happy two month anniversary! Your wedding was incredible! Thinking back on your day the first thing that comes to mind is walking out with you two to take photos in the field at sunset! The golden sun was streaming through the clouds and you two were all smiles after just becoming husband and wife. What an amazing experience it was! You two were up for anything and yet completely savored your day! Stay in touch!

Rene K · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing experience

Shane and Anna made the wedding process a breeze! They answered ALL of my questions and even gave me tips on creating the schedule (which was super helpful). They are such a kind, encouraging team. On the day of, Shane directed people SO well and made sure everyone was comfortable. He was open to ideas and I felt like everyone's needs were heard. My family and friends raved about Shane and how good he was, which says a lot. Shane Long Photography is AMAZING - they really did make our day great. We hope to work with Shane and Anna again!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Hey René! So glad to hear you thought the process was a breeze! We absolutely loved your wedding and loved helping your prepare for it! Everything went so smoothly! Thank you so much for letting us capture your story!!! Your connection together is unmistakeable and it is so clear that God brought you two together! I couldn't have had a better time watching you tie the knot! Hope you have an incredible first Valentine's Day as marrieds!!! Stay in touch!

Kelly Steuart · Married on 12/31/2018

I wish there were 10 stars to give, hands down the best investment from our wedding day.

Absolutely incredible. Shane did a great job. We were so happy with how he handled our people and the final products. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Thank you Kelly! You had so many fun people at your wedding, and I absolutely loved your vision for the day!!! I will never forget watching you through my camera walk down the aisle at sunset with snow gently starting to fall! It was magical. Thanks for letting me be a part of it!
  • Natalie

Natalie Thompson Mandley · Married on 10/11/2018

The Dream Team!

Shane and Anna are the best of the best. From our first meeting, through receiving our final images, there was such attention to detail and service. They are truly a talented team! Shane captured our day perfectly, keeping everyone from the parents to the flower girl comfortable and at ease while effortlessly documenting every tender look and showstopping moment. Anna kept us in the loop and made us all look like magazine material before sending us our images less than a week(!!!!) after our wedding. Everyone who has seen our images has raved over them and before my wedding day was even over, I was hearing comments from friends and family about how incredible our photographer was. There's no doubt that we will be turning to Shane and Anna again (and again) whenever the future holds more special moments that need captured!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

How incredibly intimate was your wedding!?! So much joy. So much laughter. So many genuine tears. I was smiling for days afterward just thinking back on all the moments. Thank you for inviting us in on the party! Hope someday you get to sit down with your grandkids and tell the story of the day Natalie married Keith! All the best!

Michael Moos · Married on 09/22/2018

Great photographer and even better person!

Shane was the perfect photographer for us and if we could give him more stars we for sure would. He did both our engagement and wedding photos and we are so happy with how they all turned out. The engagement session was a breeze and Shane had great ideas the whole time. The wedding went so smooth, it was great having Shane there to make sure the timeline was in order and he was a true professional. His wife did an amazing job with the photo edits as well, we constantly are still looking at them even months after our wedding. They were both great to work with and we would recommend them to anyone! We look forward to booking them for future events.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I couldn't have had more fun at you wedding. I think my favorite moment was watching you two see each other for the first time. Capturing your reactions was something I will never forget. And Ashton's dress was just incredible! Thanks again for letting me be a part of your day! If there is anything else we can ever do for you, let us know!

Joseph Barron · Married on 09/21/2018

Spectacular photos!

Nothing but amazing things to say about Shane and his wife Anna. The attention to detail that these two have is amazing!!! Our wedding photos came out SPECTACULAR!!! They also got them back to us very fast. Our wedding day would not have been the same if it weren't for Shane Long Photography! Would highly recommend their work if you are looking for someone who is extremely professional but also knows how to enjoy being on the job!! Thank you for the amazing work :)

Sent on 02/12/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

You are so welcome!!! Your love for each other, and your sheer joy on your wedding day was super contagious! Keep that going for the next 75 years. It truly was an honor to be a part of your day. Stay in touch!
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 07/28/2018

Above and beyond!

Shane took photos for my brothers wedding a few years ago and the pictures he took were stunningly high quality, well beyond any wedding photographer I had ever seen. Needless to say, we knew exactly that's why we wanted Shane, however we couldn't have anticipated the impact that Shane would have on our wedding day from start to finish. He brings an ineffable amount of experience, helping guide us through our big day with ease and excitement. It was more than we bargained for, our wedding day would have been far different had we not had Shane. Especially after driving 5 hours down on the morning of and going strong all the way until late into the night. We are truly grateful!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Wow! Michael thank you so much for the kind words! I was completely honored to have a front row seat to the love you and Hannah share. Your day was so genuine and joy filled! Watching you two laugh and cry as you exchanged letters, left me smiling all the way home. I wish you both the very best and hope we get a chance to connect again someday!!! Take care Otis family!

Lori Bularz · Married on 05/27/2018

Hands down greatest photographer

Today we are celebrating 1 year of marriage! There aren't enough words to express how grateful we are to have had Shane & Anna help capture our most special day. From my experience as a bride, I would say with 100% confidence that the most important component that went into wedding planning was making sure we found the perfect photographer. From the very beginning, Shane and Anna made the process SO easy and helped ease our minds that all of our needs would be met, and all photos on our checklist would be taken care of! They even helped with timeline planning and answered miscellaneous questions for us. To this day, we continue to get compliments on not only how stunning our photos turned out, but Shane's professionalism and engagement with the guests. He was amazing at capturing posed photos during scheduled photo time, and then the rest of the time he blended in with guests capturing the most amazing candid moments. My bridesmaids appreciated the guidance he provided us with poses and his constant attention to detail to make sure every hair was in place! One bridesmaid loved him so much, she booked him for her wedding too! We also received our photos within TWO weeks! You won't get that from anyone else. Today, on our first wedding anniversary, we plan to watch our wedding video and go through all of our gorgeous photos! If you're hesitant on a photographer or struggling to find the perfect fit -- seriously look no further...it doesn't get better than Shane Long Photography. You'll treasure the photos for a lifetime.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Your wedding was SO much fun! I can't believe how quickly time as gone since we were talking on the phone and you were telling me about your upcoming big day! I think you had even found me on the Wedding Wire! Your joy and excitement on your wedding day was so evident in your photos. I wish you both the very best and hope we get to connect again sometime. Thank you for letting us be a part of your story!

Lauren · Married on 11/18/2017

Shane and his wife Anna are both incredibly talented, and my husband and I are so glad they captured our wedding day. Shane surprised us (and our guests) by having a slideshow of some pictures from earlier in the day on his laptop during the cocktail hour. It was so fun to be able to see a preview of our pictures right away. We were thrilled when we received all of them less than 2 weeks after our wedding. Not to mention, they looked amazing!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Kera · Married on 11/03/2017

Shane is an incredibly gifted photographer with a huge heart for people! He genuinely got to know us, and reflected our relationship and love in the photos he captured. He is personal, easy going, and professional. He will walk with you as you prepare and step into your day! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2017

We LOVED having Shane as our photographer! He was so so great to work with, and our photos are AMAZING! Everyone commented on how great Shane was to work with on the wedding day, as well as how incredible the photographs are. There are many choices when it comes to wedding photographers. Choosing Shane was one of the best decisions we made, and we could not be happier. It's easy to search and search and search for the perfect photographer, and consider price and quality, etc....please just save yourself some time. Book Shane Long, and move on to your next big decision. You will not regret it!!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Stan · Married on 09/29/2017

Beyond pleased with how our pictures turned out.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Looking at our wedding photos almost 2 years later, I'm sure I can come up with a lot more. Not only was it a pleasure to work with Shane, his work is simply amazing. He made everyone so comfortable taking photos. We have received countless compliments about our pictures. I know to some it may seem daunting choosing a wedding photographer, let me save you the hassle. You are making the right choice if you choose Shane and Anna. We are beyond happy with the way all our photos turned out. His demeanor was icing on the cake. As we print out photos to hang up, we can't help but smile. He made that day perfect to remember.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Shane Long Photography's reply:

Your day was simply stunning! I was completely amazed at your wedding style. Everything about it was spot on! I couldn't have had more fun celebrating beside you and your family and friends! Thanks for giving us the honor of preserving your memories!

Kyle · Married on 08/05/2017

Shane is the man. Everyone that has seen our pictures immediately comments on how AMAZING they are. Shane and Anna did an amazing job from start to finish. Shane really connected with us, first at our engagement session and even more so on our wedding day. We are beyond happy with our experience with Shane and HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who wants to work with a rad dude and have amazing pictures!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/05/2017

Shane and Anna both have very bright and joyful personalities, which helps them always bring out the best possible finished product. There was not a doubt in my mind that when we got engaged who our photographer would be! I have known Shane and Anna for many years, and I have seen the work they have done beyond just our engagement and wedding session. Shane was so easy and fun to work with and he captured endless perfect moments from our big day that we get to cherish forever. Anna did a beautiful job editing and putting the finishing touches on our photos and getting them back to us in a timely manner. We have gotten so many compliments on how wonderful our pictures are, and it assured me that we made the right decision in choosing Shane Long Photography. Shane and Anna, I truly cannot thank you enough for all the love and hard work you put into capturing our day!!! 10/10 would recommend them to anyone!! It’s definitely worth the price when you get to work with two amazing people! :)

Sent on 04/05/2018

Amy · Married on 07/15/2017

Shane, his brother Luke (as a second shooter) and Anna made our wedding truly flawless. Aside from my groom and I being extremely grateful, our guests, vendors and wedding party were immensely impressed.

Other than the photos being absolutely STUNNING. Here are some things we especially loved about Shane and Anna, in no particular order.

1. We received our photos back DAYS after our wedding. DAYS- that's absolutely amazing.

2. Shane even had a few photos running on a slideshow during the wedding from earlier in the day, a fabulous surprise and it impressed several of our guests.

3. Shane and his brother were so kind, patient and creative at getting our younger wedding party (stubborn 2yr old flower girl) to smile and cooperate. He even brought a toy and got her to smile in several pictures. Bottom line- He's amazing with kids.

4. They captured decorations, food and moments of the day that I cannot believe they caught. I have no idea when they left to capture them, but I am so thankful they did. It truly gave us a broader perspective on how are day looked from our guest perspective.

5. When our timeline was off, he voluntarily stayed later than he was contracted while genuinely keeping a smile on his face. He didn't charge us extra and the photos from those last moments are ones we will treasure.

6. Shane and Anna sent us thoughtful messages and gifts throughout our engagement to remind us what was truly important- our relationship. Something we never expected from our photographers!

7. They were SO easy to work with. Organized and thorough throughout the planning process.

8. Shane and his brother Luke were great at positioning and posing even the very least photogenic crowd! They helped us look and FEEL natural for photos.

We will be recommending Shane and Anna to several couples. They are BEYOND worth the price. For the rest of our lives as we look back at our wedding photos, we will be so grateful we picked Shane and Anna!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Laura · Married on 07/08/2017

Words cannot express how happy we are that we got to work with Shane and Anna on our wedding day. Every bride knows that choosing a photographer is a big choice- it is really the only thing you get to keep from one of the biggest days of your life. Shane Long Photography went above and beyond in every way- capturing photos I didn't even know I wanted, working along side the other vendors to make it all flow smoothly, and making us feel so comfortable and special throughout the day. They were helpful and supportive throughout the whole wedding process- even beyond the pictures! Their attention to detail and their passion for what they do is so clear in the product that you receive. We got our pictures back quickly and they were more then worth every penny. I can't recommend Shane Long Photograohy enough- thank you Shane and Anna for everything!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/30/2017

Shane shot our wedding at the Van Dusen Mansion and did an amazing job!! From our first coffee meet and greet, to our engagement photos, to our wedding he was always making sure we were happy, comfortable, and having fun. He was extremely professional but so friendly! All of our wedding guests loved him! We really loved how he captured the day! I cannot say enough good words about him (and his wife Anna!) If you are getting married, I highly recommend Shane. In my mind there is no other choice!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Katie · Married on 05/26/2017

I am not surprised to see all of these phenomenal reviews on Shane Long Photography! I hope to echo everything they have mentioned! Shane was the best decision we made for our wedding day. If you are looking for the best photography experience and most amazing photos for a reasonable price look no further. I had countless people mention that he was the best photographer they had worked with and family friends who are photographers were floored by his incredible work. He is so fun, outgoing, and able to get everyone (even unruly kids) into a group photo seamlessly. My wedding photos will be something I will treasure forever!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Kayla · Married on 07/29/2016

Shane took our pictures at our July wedding and he did a fabulous job. Despite a large family and kiddos not wanting to cooperate he pulled thru and they turned out amazing!! Him and his brother worked so well together that they got everyone looking and smiling!! You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Claire · Married on 06/18/2016

Choosing Shane Long Photography was the best wedding decision I made! My husband and I were so impressed with our engagement and wedding photos. He was extremely easy to work with and truly cared about our special day. I'm sad we've moved away since our wedding, because I would have loved to have used him for all my future photos!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Alicia · Married on 05/14/2016

We could not have gotten any luckier having Shane and Anna do the photography for our wedding! They are truly amazing! Everyone in our wedding party commented on how great a job Shane did and how fun he was to work with! He even got my two year old niece and nephew to smile!  And Anna did a phenomenal job editing, there was not a single photo that I didn’t like!! Plus she got us the final photos so quickly!! All of our pictures are truly amazing and captured the day so perfectly! We made sure to get them printed and up on the walls of our house so we can look at them every day! For someone who does not always love having their photo taken, Shane makes you feel comfortable in front of a camera and it shows in the beautiful photos! We hope to work with them again in the future for other some family photos!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Trent · Married on 11/21/2015

I was so impressed with Shane and Anna's efforts before and during our wedding day, and not to mention the excellent results. We had originally booked them for MN, but when plans changed and we move our wedding to Ft. Myers, Florida, they were willing to work with us on the change in venue. They were both so easy, pleasant and patient with us and our wedding accompaniment. Their price was reasonable and again the quality to us was worth much more! Please don't hesitate to book them for your special day!

Sent on 06/26/2017

I CANNOT POSSIBLY RECOMMEND SHANE LONG PHOTOGRAPHY ENOUGH!! Shane went above and beyond, capturing every detail of our wedding day. Anna is so great with communicating and responding to any and all questions we had. The value of what you get is awesome too. You get every single one of your photos edited, in both color and b&w, to keep and print wherever you choose. That alone was worth it to me. There are no hidden fees at all, they're completely straight-forward with pricing. Shane is so creative with his photos and he will do anything to get a perfect shot. I've never seen such a nimble photographer in my life, haha. Shane and Anna's work really does stand out from all the rest, you'll be so happy with your choice!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Shane Long Photography's reply:

I loved "I have never seen such a nimble photographer in my life" - I do some stretches before each wedding ;) Seriously though, thank you so much for the kind words! We work really hard to make sure there are no surprises a long the way, and to that end our goal is to be completely transparent with our costs, timelines, editing, and everything else. What a joy it was to be a part of your day! Take care!

Jenny · Married on 08/16/2015

Our wedding pictures were one of THE most important parts of the day to us and Shane did not disappoint! He made us, our families, and our guests feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He captured every moment perfectly and his attention to detail is second to none. We get so many compliments on our wedding photos and people are constantly asking who our photographer was! He was a delight to work with! Our first meeting with him (on FaceTime because we live in different states) was so fun and he really cared about us as a couple and wanted to know our story. We felt so special that he took the time to get to know us, our story, and what we wanted captured on our wedding day. We are beyond thrilled with the pictures that he took! So grateful for you, thanks Shane!!

Sent on 06/20/2017