Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC Reviews

30 | Hanover, VA

30 Reviews for Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC

Caitlyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Gail was very professional and very amenable. Our wedding day did not go as planned due to a family emergency but Gail took this all in stride and performed her duties as expected. Thanks for helping to make our day remarkable!

Leigh Rossi · Married on 08/22/2018

Perfect ceremony for us

Gail was a pleasure to work with and helped us have exactly the ceremony we wanted! We just wanted a simple civil ceremony with immediate family, and she helped us keep it short and sweet. She listened to what we wanted, made sure I understood all the "technical stuff," and brought her expertise to bear on things I hadn't even thought of. We had a wonderful day! Thank you Gail!

Ralitsa · Married on 06/25/2018

Gail was really great!
    She responded very quickly to my request on Thumbtack and was very detailed when explaining to me how everything will go.
    She was extremely helpful with all of her suggestions. She went out of her way to accommodate me and my fiancee.
    When I told Gail that my wedding will be postponed only a day before the event she was very understanding and only wished me well. I highly recommend her!

Claudia · Married on 06/01/2018

Gail was wonderful to work with! She was very on top of things and a big help in ensuring we considered everything we'd need for our ceremony. She is passionate about what she does and she's very knowledgable. She always kept in touch to see if we had questions and to ensure she had all the information she needed to make our ceremony perfect. I'm glad we picked Gail to be our officiant!

Meredith · Married on 04/20/2018

My husband and I had a great experience with Gail and would happily recommend her to other couples seeking a wedding officiant. Gail is prompt, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. The phone consultation alone was invaluable. She guided us through the entire process from how to obtain the license to designing our ceremony, and she worked with us to be sure it included the elements that were important to us. The ceremony Gail wrote for us was simple and sweet and exactly what we were looking for.

Bill · Married on 12/30/2017

What a Nice Experience! The Process with Gail was absolutely painless & trouble-free. And the ceremony itself was Wonderful. We are so satisfied with everything. Thank You Gail.

Kari · Married on 12/30/2017

Gail was a wonderful officiant for our ceremony and very easy to work with and accomidating. I would highly reccomend her for your wedding ceremony.

Paul · Married on 12/11/2017

Gail was in tune with what my bride and I wanted. She listened to us and our history that she tailored info a ceremony that was made just for us. It meant so much for her flexibility to conduct the ceremony at my mother's gravesite. My mother always wanted us to be married after high school. My dad stated "he loves short engagements; it only lasted 37 years." If you all haven't come to the conclusion we were high school sweethearts. I kept the rings that I purchased back in high school for this joyous event. My bride was so taken back and it made our day more special. Thank you Gail for everything you offered and did for us. You are the best! Would definitely recommend this woman to conduct your experience and be blessed by the glory of the man upstairs.

Janet · Married on 12/09/2017

Gail did a wonderful job with our ceremony. The vows she chose were perfect and throughout the entire process was accessible and easy to work with. We recommend her highly. She also was able to use the Historic Hanover Courthouse for our venue and it was perfect for our private ceremony.

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2017

Gail was excellent! We really enjoyed having her as our officiant on our wedding day. Funny enough, Gail was the officiant for our close friends. Upon meeting her and hearing more about her, we immediately knew we wanted to contact her. She was very easy to work with - she made sure to take the time to get to know more about me and my husband. Gail was very accommodating and worked with us to include readings and information we wanted while adding her own special touch to it. She was punctual, organized, and an absolute pleasure to work with. She flawlessly incorporated readings we had requested with readings for both the more secular and more spiritual of our guests. Gail taught us so much along the way of what we should expect during our ceremony and wedding. She was very informative and so easy to communicate with! Thank you so much, Gail! Highly recommended!

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2017

Gail made our day extra special. We would recommend her.

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2017

We were left looking for a marriage officiant at he last minute and are so glad we found Gail. She does a great job with the basics (being prepared and on time) as well as going above and beyond with everything else. She wrote a great ceremony for our wedding that was very meaningful to us. Could not recommend her enough!

Kerri · Married on 10/23/2016

We wanted a simple wedding. I spoke with Gail for about 30 minutes on the phone. She asked questions and made suggestions regarding our ceremony. We decided against a rehearsal because of the simplicity of our wedding. When Gail performed the actual ceremony, she had picked the perfect readings that so described the relationship between my husband and myself. Gail made our simple wedding the most beautiful day of our lives.

Brandy · Married on 09/17/2016

Gail was our officiant for our wedding at the historic Hanover courthouse & she was PERFECT! Before our wedding, we had a long call with her to prepare since we lived out of town. Gail is VERY knowledgeable about what she needs to do, and will be personalized to the couple, while flexible in aiding your agenda. We were excited to meet Gail day of and thankfully she kept everything on time bc we were a bit late on the day arriving (that dress is quite a transportation effort!). I would recommend Gail to anyone, she was prompt, efficient & beyond, made the ceremony go smooth & it didn't seem too long or too short, especially since we did not do our own vows. Gail made it seem effortless & I can't thank her enough, it was as if we had someone who knew us very well perform the ceremony.

Jenn · Married on 09/10/2016

Our marriage officiant, Gail, was absolutely amazing! She takes you through the whole day and what to expect! She asks a lot of questions to ensure you're getting exactly what you want! She even helps you think of details you may have forgotten about! If you want traditional or something totally your own or anything in between she's the one for your day! Also she'll coordinate with the Band/DJ so music for your ceremony is perfect:)

• F

Frances · Married on 09/10/2016

This vendor was professional, inspiring, flexible, very gracious, personable, and kind.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC's reply:

First, I wish to thank you for asking me to be a part of your special day. It was sincerely my pleasure to meet you and perform your wedding ceremony. Thank you for the nice review. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Gail

Stacey · Married on 08/08/2016

Gail was very responsive and flexible. Our wedding was an elopement and after getting though pictures with the photographer that day, we realized we were 2 hours ahead of schedule! I called Gail and ask if she would marry us sooner than our appointment and she took us without argument. I was very happy because we were hungry and her flexibility allowed us to get to dinner faster! Ha! Also, it was raining and while we were not able to get married in the garden as planned, we said "I do" on the front porch of the house with the sounds of the rain coming down. Very nice alternate.

Jenna · Married on 04/30/2016

Gail assisted us with choosing what kind of ceremony we wanted, and helped reassure us when we weren't certain about what we were doing! She was easy to work with, professional, and friendly.

Erin · Married on 04/23/2016

Our wedding venue gave us the number to call Gail and from the first conversation, we knew that we wanted her to officiate our wedding. She was very professional and helped us create the type of ceremony we wanted. She was punctual, well-spoken and caring. Our families were very impressed with her verses, poems and prayers (I heard many guests describe them as thoughtful and beautiful). She made our rehearsal and ceremony go very smoothly and I honestly can't say enough about how grateful I am to have worked with her. We plan on taking a trip the the Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC soon! Thank you so much, you made our day so wonderful!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your review on WeddingWire. It was my pleasure to perform your Wedding Ceremony and be part of your special day. I'm glad you found my services helpful and that I met your expectations for a perfect event. Gail

Marcy · Married on 04/07/2016

Gail was very helpful in helping us to arrange a small wedding at Hanover Courthouse, which we loved. She was friendly and helped talk through all of the things we needed to think about and prepare for and we were delighted to have a small, informal ceremony that suited us!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Kristen · Married on 02/27/2016

Gail was super helpful from the moment we called. She sought to make it very personal for us even asking what our colors were so that she could match! She was a wonderful speaker and the presentation left tears in everyone's eyes. If I had to do my ceremony over I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Lakida · Married on 11/29/2015

I didn't actually stay in the bed and breakfast but I did go and visit with Mrs. Gail there. Every since I've meet her when she did my wedding ceremony we've been in contact frequently. She is a wonderful individual to talk to and work with. Mrs. Gail is very sufficient and down to earth. She did take me on a tour of her property and I was able to see the different rooms and how their set up. The SERENITY ROOM was my favorite, it had a fireplace, bathroom, nice size TV and all the other necessities needed for a nice comfortable evening. Everything was nice and organized and clean. I feel it's the ideal place to have a small ceremony and reception. Things I do and places I go, I like to feel comfortable and Shady Acres will definitely give you athat feeling. Even outside in the yard it's a joy with being able to see the chickens which is about 30 of them I believe. Couple of them roam free just walking freely not a bother to anyone at all. The outside furniture is great too, being able to sit outside on the nice big porch and/or around the firepit also adds to the wonderful experience. I'm already making plans to stay at Shady Acres in the near future for sure.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your review. It was my pleasure to perform your wedding ceremony. I think you are such a nice couple and look forward to your stay with us here at Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast soon!

Shannon · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't say enough nice things about Gail. Gail was very accommodating to my needs while planning my wedding. She was quick to respond to me whenever I had a question and was very thorough with her answers. Gail met my mother, mother in law and mother in law at the Historic Hanover Courthouse a few weeks before my wedding so that I was able to see the inside and plan for a rain backup. We had a great time talking and planning together. The day of the wedding she was there early for us to get in and setup the few decorations that we had and she made sure that we had everything that we needed. I was very happy with her and have since recommended her and Historic Hanover Courthouse to others.

Sent on 03/02/2016

Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It was my pleasure. Gail

Sheronda · Married on 06/25/2015

Gail was great she was reesponsive and wonderful to usoon very attentive and thorough

Sent on 06/30/2015

Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your review on WeddingWire. It was my pleasure.

Nice lady, beautiful wedding ?. We are happy with everything.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Shady Acres Bed and Breakfast, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your review on WeddingWire. It was my pleasure.