21 Reviews for Shaded Soul Band

Ceremony (1)
Instrumentals (1)
Learning New Songs (1)
18 Shaded Soul Band Reviews

This coming year, my wife Sue and I celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. Part of what made our wedding day more special than we could have imagined was our good fortune to have booked Shaded Soul. If you've got a great band your wedding will be remembered for years to come. The band has a huge responsibility to set the tone and atmosphere for the entire afternoon or evening and you have one shot to book the perfect band.

Shaded Soul was tight, brought their A-game with great energy, musical ability, stage presence, repertoire, punctuality and reliability. They were wonderful then and even more extraordinary now.

“There’s nothing compared to live music; there just isn’t anything” - Gloria Gaynor

Photo for Shaded Soul Band Review - Golden Lamb Buttery July 23, 1995
Profile Picture Todd, 7/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Renee and the band are simply the best and were amazing to work with from start to finish. I am thrilled we chose them to be our wedding band; their music and energy are top notch and guests are still telling us how much they loved the band. In fact, two couples who were at our wedding in December have already approached me about getting Renee's contact information so Shaded Soul can be the band for their weddings.

Profile Picture Julie, 12/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Shaded Soul Band was astoundingly good, and not just for a wedding band. One of the tighter bands I've ever seen live. Renee was super accommodating and responsive throughout the process. As a musician who loves music of many different genres, I made a lot of song requests and was very specific with which songs I wanted from their website. Renee and the band learned many of the songs I requested, and they absolutely nailed it. Their singers have tremendous power and vocal range, their sax player is amazing, and the bass player 'funkifies' even the most over-done pop songs and makes you appreciate them more than ever before. Simply put, the band is super tight. Renee herself is high-energy, charismatic, and a talented keyboard player and rapper! They even let me play trumpet with them, and we had a blast jamming together. My wife and I never left the dance floor the entire time Shaded Soul was playing, and my wife did a hoola-hoop performance to her favorite song that Shaded Soul Band had learned for her. Most of our friends were dancing raucously for at least 3-4 hours straight. I highly recommend future brides and grooms book Shaded Soul for their wedding. Having a band is really WAY more special and exciting than having a DJ (it just is), and they are the band to make your wedding the experience of a lifetime. We paid for the extra hour, and it was well worth it!

Profile Picture Joseph, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I am a talent buyer for the Willimantic Third Thursday Street Fest and booked Shaded Soul Band in September. I can't say enough about the professionalism of this band but more importantly their talent and enthusiastic performance proved to be one of our most successful festivals. The crowd couldn't get enough of them and my dealing with Renee was very easy. Overall, a most pleasant experience!! I will definitely be booking them again!

Profile Picture Elisa, 9/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Shaded Soul Band has played at the Glastonbury Riverfront Music Series 6 times since 2001 attracting over 3,000 attendees. They are outstanding musicians and singers who engage the crowd and get people up to the stage to dance the night away! I've been to smaller indoor events where they did an equally fantastic job. Renee is wonderful to work with and the band is always great. I highly recommend Shaded Soul Band!

Profile Picture Mary Ellen, 12/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

One of the best decisions we made was hiring this band. Everything from the hiring process to wedding day performance was seamless. Extremely accommodating and professional. They even let me sit in on drums. Everybody raved at how good they are. So glad I didn't hire a dj

Profile Picture User7461666, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters has had the pleasure of working with Renee Prescott and Shaded Soul for over 15 years, most recently, at our Annual Gala. They always bring great, diverse, upbeat music to our events and win the hearts (and ears!) of our guests. We HEARTILY endorse them!

Profile Picture Wendy, 11/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys are awesome! Renee and her band of awesome musicians really made our wedding the party that we wanted! They were super willing to work with whatever we wanted and made sure that everything was going the way we wanted it too. Our dance floor was packed all night long and our guests couldn't get enough!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We have worked with Shaded Soul many times and continue to come back to them because not only do they pay attention to our event needs, they are able to go with the flow and make things happen as well. We are love live music and everyone in the band and working with them is a breeze.

Profile Picture User7469599, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Thanks to Shaded Soul Band our wedding reception was fantastic and our guests danced nonstop! We received numerous compliments on the performance and song selection. They are by far the best local band I have heard and its members know how to get a crowd moving! The band members are exceptional musicians and vocalists and perform a wide variety of songs. They even learned and played a special song for our parents that we requested. Renee is excellent to work with and made planning our reception easy. I can't say enough about Shaded Soul Band. Hire them, you won't be disappointed! We enjoyed them so much that we attend local events when they are performing and can't get enough of their positive energy and talent.

Profile Picture Terry, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Renee and Shaded Soul were amazing on all accounts! Incredibly easy to work with and more importantly, they MADE the party with their music!

Profile Picture Madeleine, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Awesome service! Music was on point and all members were friendly. Definitely would recommend for a elegant wedding.

Profile Picture Alie, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Shaded Soul is a fantastic and extremely talented band! Renee met with us early on in the planning process to discuss music preferences, song selections, and reception schedule. The band was very professional, personable, lively, and passionate. They were able to please all generations at our wedding and had everyone on the dance floor! Everyone at our wedding commented on how they loved Shaded Soul and enjoyed singing and dancing along to the music. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You made the night unforgettable and brought an energy that only Shaded Soul can provide!

Profile Picture Ana, 8/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

They were fabulous! They kept the party going from the first song to the last dance and Renee was wonderful to work with. Our guests are still raving about how great the band was.

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/2/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

We used the Shaded Soul Band for my 40th birthday party and then again for my wedding a year later and both experiences exceeded our expectations. The band helped in making my wedding day an even more memorable occassion and our guest were impressed with the mix of music that was played. The band even learned a couple of special songs for us, that was a great surprise. We had the cocktail hour with Renee on the piano and then a night full of dancing and singing along. The band was professional, entertaining and just added that extra special touch that was needed to make our day perfect. Best wishes in planning your wedding. Michelle Hamden, CT

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/24/09, 1 Review
Category: Band

Shaded soul was great! They did a great job and really got everyone up and moving. Many of our guests raved how awesome the band was and really enjoyed their sound. They were very professional and had several calls with us before the wedding to coordinate and just even to see how our planning was going. They were also extremely accommodating and learned a couple of songs specially for us. Only compaint is that they took too long of a set break at the height of dancing and many guests left at that point thinking maybe the reception was over or winding down. those who stayed had a real treat after but it was disappointing to have that downtime. Overall a great band, very reasonably priced, and would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Myra, 8/4/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Shaded Soul to perform at our wedding reception and a trio to perform at the cocktail hour. We received many compliments on how amazing the band sounded. They did an amazing job with our first dance song, All of Me, and learned a special song my father requested for the father daughter dance.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/1/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Music During Breaks, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System