Seven Hills String Duo Reviews

23 Reviews for Seven Hills String Duo

1 User photo

Mahtab P. · Getting married on 09/09/2021

Classy and Fun

These guys are amazing! They are an acoustic guitar and violin duo and make modern songs sound super fancy! They have a huge catalog of modern and classic songs to choose from. We went with modern and everyone loved hearing songs they know. They even customized 2 songs for us, Pearl Jam and Pantera, to make the day even more special. I can't recommend enough!

Sent on 10/23/2020

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Mahtab! You picked some awesome songs, and it was our absolute pleasure to arrange and perform them for your wedding day. We wish you two the best :)
  • Kate

Kate M. · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Perfect ceremony music!

The Seven Hills String Duo was an incredible feature to our wedding that made the moment feel even more special! I worked primarily with Ben and he was tremendously responsive to any inquiries we had, along with providing music samples and songs to choose from. Ben stayed in communication with us prior to the wedding to ensure the duo would be just as I hoped. Don't get me started on the musicians. They were extremely prompt and efficient at set up. They played beautifully and the sound quality was perfect! I'm so happy we got the opportunity to work with this vendor and I would gladly recommend them to any couple in the wedding planning process. Cheers!!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Kate! It was our pleasure to play at your wedding, and we wish you two all the best :)

Lacey W. · Married on 10/23/2020

Absolutely worth it!

The Seven Hills String Duo was incredible! From the start they were incredibly easy to communicate with and always got back to me in a timely manner. Any questions I had they were ready and willing to answer. Their music is unbelievable! They have so many song options are are happy to accommodate when choosing off the list for a small fee that is well worth it. The music they played was incredible and something that the guests can’t stop talking about. I know everyone in attendance including my husband and I will always remember what a fantastic part of our wedding they were. Will recommend over and over!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Lacey! It was our pleasure performing at your ceremony and creating your custom arrangement song. I wish you two all the best!

Michael N. · Married on 10/17/2020

Great addition to our day!

They were very professional and made our day even more special. They played a bunch of beautiful songs during our ceremony which are very personal songs to my wife and my relationship. These performers are worth every penny and such a nice touch to any wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2020

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Mike! You picked some lovely songs for your ceremony and it was our pleasure to perform. Wishing you two all the best!
  • Katie

Katie B. · Married on 10/16/2020

So great to work with!

Hands down the easiest wedding vendor to work with! They are incredibly responsive and very processional. We loved our ceremony music and so happy we went with seven gills strings duo!!!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Katie. It was our pleasure performing at your ceremony and wish you two all the best!

Christina J. · Married on 10/16/2020

Amazing!!!!

I am SO happy we hired Seven Hills String Duo to play at our wedding ceremony. They were so professional and organized! Benjamin was also a great communicator, responded to emails in a timely manner and answered all of my questions. He was also super flexible with all of the changes to our ceremony due to Covid. And to top it all off, the music was absolutely beautiful. We chose songs that had meaning to us and I really think they helped to personalize our ceremony and make it that much for special. Do yourself a favor and hire them!!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Sarah H. · Married on 09/21/2020

Such an amazing duo!

Seven Hills was AMAZING! I had the pleasure of working with them and they were so accommodating, professional, and great at communicating. I believe live music really makes a difference and it was such a joy working with them. They had a variety of songs for the bride to choose from, they arrived early to the venue, and I didn't hear a single mistake during their set. As a planner/coordinator, it's always important to have vendors who don't need a lot of hand holding. I will definitely be adding Seven Hills String Duo to my list of preferred vendors because I cannot wait to work with them again!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah. It was such a pleasure collaborating together, and we hope to work with you again soon!
  • alli

Alli · Married on 06/22/2020

Beautiful music, easy to work with

It was too easy to work with these guys! Communication was prompt the whole way. They showed up early and played for our guests while they arrived. They learned two songs that we requested with less than two weeks notice. They had a lengthy list of other songs (traditional and modern) that we chose from for the other music. The live music was beautiful. I definitely recommend working with Seven Hills String Duo.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Alli! It was a pleasure to work with you and learn your custom arrangements. We wish you two all the best :)

Mallory · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfection

We used Seven Hills String Duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I was extremely impressed with their professionalism from the moment I reached out asking for more details on the services they provide. Ben gave suggestions (with audio recordings) for various songs they offer and were willing to learn a different song if I had one in mind they didn't already know! Both musicians arrived on time with full working equipment and needed no direction from our day of coordinator. They partnered well with our DJ, and communicated with the day of coordinator on site when they arrived and were packing up to leave. Payment was easy through venmo. This was by far my favorite vendor for our wedding day! Absolutely recommended!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Mallory! It was a pleasure working with you, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience with the Duo. Best wishes to you both :)

Hannah · Married on 09/06/2019

More than 5 stars!

Seven Hills String Duo was amazing for out wedding! They were extremely easy to work with and did a great job communicating about every detail! I could not recommend them more!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Hannah! We really appreciate your kind words and how easy it was to plan and perform at your wedding. We wish you two all the best :)

Susan D. · Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful Music among the trees was enjoyed!

The Seven Hills String Duo performed at our daughter's Labor Day weekend wedding. The venue was outdoors and the musical talent of Suzanne and Stephen was apparent from the first note to the last. The subtle tone of the songs the wedding couple chose to be played during the ceremony was especially beautiful. Thank you

Sent on 09/30/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Sue! It was such a pleasure working with you and helping to make your daughter's wedding a day to remember :)

Amanda O. · Married on 08/31/2019

Fantastic classic musicians with a modern flair!

Ben was an absolute delight to work with! They did such an incredible job performing the music for our ceremony (including pre and post). From the initial contact, Ben was very responsive, and happy to answer all of my questions. They had an incredible modern song list, which my husband and I preferred. They had some of our absolute favorite songs, that is was honestly hard to narrow down the list. At the end of the day, we have them a small list of our favorites, and the special picks for the ceremony, and told them that they could choose what they want from the rest of their modern list (because we loved it all anyway) to fill any remaining time, and their selections were great! They provided the exact atmosphere I wanted for my ceremony, and for my guests before the ceremony began. It was very classic/traditional, but with a modern twist, which is exactly what we were going for! They were great musicians and absolute professionals! Thanks!!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda! I'm so glad you enjoyed our diverse set list and were able to get the sound you wanted for your special day. Best wishes to you both! :)

Mark M. · Married on 08/30/2019

Fantastic - would recommend to anyone

I would give more stars if I could. They absolutely perfected the songs we asked for at our wedding. Everyone loved what they chose to play while people filed in. Super easy to work with, fairly priced, I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Mark! It was a pleasure to work with you and we wish you all the best in your new future together :)

Grace D. · Married on 07/27/2019

Extremely flexible and cooperative

We couldn’t have asked for better partners in creating our perfect wedding day! We had Seven Hills String Duo play for our ceremony and they worked so well with us to create our dream ceremony. They took in all our preferences and our vision and they made it a reality. They were so easy to plan with and could be flexible based on our needs. If you’re looking for beautiful music and helpful vendors for your special day, Seven Hills String Duo is perfect.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Grace! We had so much fun performing for your wedding and appreciate you hiring us for your dream ceremony. Best wishes to you both and your new future together!
  • Brooke

Brooke L. · Married on 06/28/2019

AMAZING!! You will NOT regret booking them!

Seven Hills String Duo was more perfect than I could have imagined. Every song they played was so beautiful and sounded exactly how I was hoping. I was waiting in the back (the bride) with a huge smile on my face listening to all the songs being played for my guests. You will NOT regret booking them for your event. Thank you so much for helping make my day so special!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you, Brooke! It was our pleasure to provide the soundtrack to your day, and we're so grateful that you hired us. Best wishes to you and your husband!

Steven M. · Married on 06/23/2019

Thank you Ben and Seven Hills String Duo!

After listening to countless musicians on-line, we selected Seven Hills String Duo for our wedding ceremony at Ault Park based primarily on reviews and because they appeared to offer a level of professionalism beyond the rest. And we certainly received what we had hoped for. Not only were we impressed with their playlist, but Ben’s prompt response to our inquiry and positive manner convinced us that we had made the best choice. We like the combination of violin and guitar and we also liked the fact that the musicians had trained here locally at the University of Cincinnati College of Music. An added bonus was their pricing packages. When it came to booking, Ben was gracious and flexible. We were not sure if we would be able to utilize his musician’s services for both the ceremony and the reception or just the ceremony—based upon the logistics and layout of the venue. And he gave us plenty of time to make that decision. When it came to their performance, everything was top notch. They arrived on time, were professionally dressed and played our selections flawlessly! We also appreciated the fact that they kept the volume at a soft enough level to allow the readers to be heard when playing in conjunction with them. Regretfully, time did not allow us to meet with them ahead of time nor thank them before we were whisked away for photos. But I’m sure they were recognized by our guests who had nothing but great things to say. Thanks, Ben for adding to the ambiance of our outdoor wedding. The music was a key element and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Steven! It was our pleasure to perform and we're so glad your guests enjoyed the music. We wish you two all the best :)

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2018

Ben performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour last month and it was perfection. We were so happy that he was able to accommodate us last minute. I highly recommend the Seven Hills String Duo.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review, Elizabeth! We loved playing at your ceremony and really appreciate you hiring us for your special day. Best wishes to your future together :)

Anna · Married on 06/02/2018

People at our wedding STILL comment on how original and beautiful the duo was that played during both our ceremony and cocktail hour. We paid a little extra for an original composition to be played during the bridal processional and my groom was blown away - it was a song that meant a lot to him. Also, Ben was so easy to work with. If you are on the fence about live music, just DO IT. It's worth it.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing, Anna :) It's always our goal to make you (the couple) happy and your guests. We wish you all the best!

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2018

Ben and team were the perfect musical element for our event! They were flexible in setting our playlist, are very talented musicians, and really lovely people! They were timely and professional. The music added such a perfect touch to our ceremony and reception. We couldn’t have been happier with our experience. They learned new songs for us as well, and they hit every note! Thank you so very much!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Stephanie! We had such a great time performing for your entire wedding day and loved your song selections. Best wishes to you and Joe! :)

Kari · Married on 07/22/2017

Benjamin Thomas and Suzanna played for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. It was an outdoor wedding, and one of the hottest days of the year but they remained professional and sounded amazing! Benjamin has a great song list which made the process of picking songs very easy. He has everything from classical, to classic love songs to contemporary songs that you'll hear on the radio today. They were very easy to work with and I am so glad they were a part of my day! Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you Kari and Cisco! Ha, it was indeed a hot day but it was our pleasure to play and be a part of your ceremony and cocktail hour. Cheers to you both!

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2016

I found Seven Hills String Duo on the knot's website when I was searching for musicians that could play at my cocktail hour at my reception at Drees Pavilion. We planned on having a DJ play our actual reception but wanted a different feel for the cocktail hour. The cocktail hour was located outside. I fell in love with the samples of modern music with the classic sound of the violin and guitar playing together. They truly took our cocktail hour to the next level by having gorgeous music for guests to listen to. They brought an amplification system so that the music could be easily heard outside- which was great. I would highly recommend seven hills string duo for a cocktail hour or for any wedding related event!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you again for hiring us to play your cocktail hour, Kristen! It was such a beautiful day and I'm glad we could join you in the celebration. Best wishes to you and your husband!

Simón · Married on 03/19/2016

We were so pleased to have the Duo provide music for our ceremony. Ben was extremely helpful and easy to get a hold of in the lead-up to our wedding. Their repertoire is wide-ranging and took a lot of stress out of finding the "perfect music" for every moment and the custom arrangement was excellent. We were pleased and so were our guests. A substitute violinist played due to a scheduling conflict but we were given plenty of advance notice and he played beautifully. In short: The Seven Hills String Duo makes it easy and stress-free to have beautiful live music that enhances your special day. Ben has an innate sense of how to make things easier for the very busy and stressed couple and is always cheerful. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Simón. Best wishes to you and your lovely bride!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommend!

Seven Hills String Duo did an amazing job during our wedding ceremony! I loved being able to choose both classic and contemporary songs. Although I wasn't able to hear everything being the bride, I will always remember the song that was played while I walked down the aisle and after we were pronounced husband and wife. We got lots of compliments on the music and really appreciate the musicians helping to make our ceremony everything we were envisioning.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Seven Hills String Duo's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily! I'm so glad you and your guests loved the music. Best wishes to you both and your bright future ahead :)